Speaker 1: Don't gossip.
Speaker 2: Next next, next one, next one, more better.
Speaker 1: Or better.
Speaker 2: Better more welcome? Sorry, you know what this is, what it is. It is what it is, guys. If you don't know by now it you don't know me.
Speaker 3: Okay, really off key, Welcome to More Better, a podcast where we stop pretending to have it all together and embrace the journey of being off key and becoming a little more better every day, or at least trying to.
Speaker 2: That's Melissa Famiro. That's Stephanie Beatrice. Oh man, we're off to a great start. Great start, great start, doing great. We're doing great, Melsa, what have you done that's a little more better? Let me just take that back, let me let me try to more and better that okay, hold on? Yeah, well Lissa, what have you done lately? That's a little more better? That's natural, so natural, so natural.
Speaker 4: Well, Stephanie, I literally can't think of anything because I'm drowning currently.
Speaker 1: No, that sounds you know what. I'm just tired. My More Better this week is just being okay with the bare men of mum. We're just keeping it basic. That's come up for air.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: What have you been doing, Stephanie?
Speaker 2: That's more better. Uh, you know, I am the opposite right now. I don't have anything going on other than like I am in a little bit of a waiting game because my next job doesn't start for a little while. So I took it upon myself to you know how you read in the mom blogs and stuff that you're supposed to cycle their toys out if you don't have kids. What that means is to help them have a better brain. I don't know, be a better human. I'm not sure you're supposed to take some of their toys away and put other ones out so they're not overwhelmed by like a bunch of toys. And also you you like it's like introducing new toys to them because they're kind of goldfishy a little bit about toys, or like, well this is new? What's this? So I've never done it before. I did it today. I had some time. I took a bunch of stuff out of her toys. I put it in some bins. I moved them to the basement, and uh, she didn't notice. I don't know is that good or bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I know they want out of sight, out of mind, like every kid at that age, every toddler, they'll just forget. I love hiding things all the time. Joys that annoy me.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, man, I mean fingers crossed. This child is. This child is not barely playing by herself. She's like, Mommy, you want to come and play with me. I'm like, man, I get paid to play pretend. I don't want to play pretend for free. I'm trying to do this every day for free. I'm putting on voices, I'm doing an old show.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel. I can't do it. Bro, Are you cutting me a check person? You know? Then the answers no, yeah, more better. Speaking of work, that's what we wanted to talk about this week. We're going to be discussing work parties. I already feel anxious. How do you feel about work parties? You know, you know, work parties specifically, they are not regular parties, right, No, I would say, like normally big work parties around the holidays, right.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's summer soys too, like summers of the okay, big kind of time, or like if your work has.
Speaker 2: Some kind of big event, like if you're going to oh, conventions, yeah, we're going as convention and then on Friday, We're hosting a dinner for everybody from blah blah blah. So come on down to the TGI Fridays and hang out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The thing about it, though, is that you're not only with friends, right, you're at work.
Speaker 1: You're at work, that's the thing. Yeah, You're not at a party, You're at work. You're working. Do you like work parties?
Speaker 2: I really struggle with this. I really struggle with this. Yeah, and I've learned to do better at it as I've gotten older. But like, the hard thing about them is like they're with people from work, so like these are sometimes the people that are going to give you another job later. Maybe you know, for us, it's slightly different because like for us, we really do go job to job. Yeah, we'll not necessarily freelance, but we do kind of as actors, we kind of function that way, whereas like we'll wrap a job and then you know, we can go for many years on that job. But then oftentimes we'll go to another job, or we'll go to do a movie, or we'll go to do something else in another forum of this art forum. And so, like work parties, you really partying with a lot of people who either are in the cast or their crew or production.
Speaker 1: Heads of studios, executives studios.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, Oh my god. You know who's really good at these Laura Ash She's great at a work party. She knows everyone's name, she remembers everybody. I am not good at it.
Speaker 1: Bro, Bro, I'm not good at it.
Speaker 2: Each I can't. I'm really bad at it.
Speaker 1: They make me feel really anxious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think same.
Speaker 1: I've gotten a little bit better over the years. I remember the first few that we had to go to for Brooklyn, like even my manager being like, maybe you should have a drink, Like just have wondrink when you get there, Just have one drink when you get there to relax, yes, to just like kind of take an edge off.
Speaker 2: Right, But like if you're not drinking, I'm not drinking, So like, right, I was super nervous about this rap party because I was like, I can't have a beer. I can't like do that right now, you know. But from you know, it's a choice that I'm making. But like it's definitely easy to lean on substances when you're sort of feeling like, well, I feel nervous and I'm anxious. You know, there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, there's nothing wrong with that. But also like you have to be careful too, because sometimes over indulging at a work party is the most anxiety inducing thing that could happen, of just being in the middle of a work party and being like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm drunk. Do you remember that first dinner we went to, that very very first dinner that we went to after I think we shot the pilot for Brooklyn? Yes, maybe, do you remember what I'm talking about? Yeah, Yota, I think.
Speaker 1: It was Mozza in the Present Room.
Speaker 2: Great wonderful restaurant here in La so good, really good, like pizza Italian food, Nancy Silverton. Right, anyway, Yes, we were at this work party and you know, for me, I was really my first big TV thing that I'd ever done, and so like I'd honestly never gone to a dinner where like the studio was like paying for the dinner, and it was like you can have whatever you want to drink, you know, So I was like, I'll get wine. Do you remember this. I had so many glasses of wine because I was so nervous, and I was sitting next to Mike Sure and I turned to him. At one point I was like, I think I've had too much to drink, and God bless Mike Sure. He was like, you should go home now. Oh, you should call a car and go home right now. And I was like I should without saying goodbye. He was like, you don't have to say goodbye, just go home. God bless him, because I was ripped, ma'am. I was rip I don't remember that. Did you just go disappear? Yeah? I just left. I just left because I was like, if Mike Sure says I should go home, I should go home.
Speaker 1: I now remember that. Yeah, I think I do remember turning around and being like, where's that go?
Speaker 2: Where'd she go? Because I had like a bottle of wine by myself because I was so nervous. Yeah, ridiculous, ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I also remember, uh, we would have to do these parties, uh for oh god, people that are listening that are not in this job that were. The TCAs were always the biggest, most anxiety inducing kind of parties for me. So the TCAs were like Television Critics Association have this big party, uh twice a year. Right, there's like a fall in a spring one and it's essentially this party where you go and all the heads of studio were there, and like everybody, you know, if it's Fox, all the people from Fox shows are there. So it's full of actors and it's full of journalists and they tell you you will be on the record when you go to this party, and you basically just make around and then they give you alcohol and you walk around this party and journalists just come up to you and they're like, so, tell me about your show, and they'll just like it's like random interviews. But then also sometimes you just are having a conversation and halfway through you're like, wait, I'm talking to a journalist.
Speaker 2: Yeah this record, Yeah yeah, And then you're like, well, what did I just say? But it's too comfortable, and.
Speaker 1: Those were oh my god, I would be I think that was one of the parties where my manager was like, have a drink because like you need to relax, and and you know, there was always that thing of like make sure you go up and say hi to like the heads of the studios, which is like the worst, and I would always forget their names right as I was going up, which is really really bad. And then just like seeing actors from other shows, like I'm really good with faces and not names, and I don't even know how to get better at that. But it was just awkward. And I felt awkward the whole time and like sweating and just in this like high state of anxiety, just trying not to like sound dumb or look dumb, and just trying to relax and like have a good time. And I remember there was one where we it was like a few seasons in so we had done a bunch of them, and I think we were all like a little more comfortable with them now, but we basically went to like the back of the restaurant and found a corner and we all just hung out, like the whole cast. We just hung out. Do you remember this?
Speaker 2: I don't remember that. Where were we? Do you? It was like the one at the Soho House? Oh yeah, you know what. I I don't remember that because I was with Joel and Dirk eating with them at the buffet at the dessert buvey, and I was eating with them. We were just like standing there as close as we could to the dessert eating. That's why I don't remember that. I was like, where's everybody? Yeah? I thought it was all of us.
Speaker 1: We were all just and then it was great because imas were eating, we kind of some journalists came up and talked to us. But I think that then as a group we were I don't know if we were like intimidating or like not that many people came up to us and we just that's so funny, hung out and ended up having like a great time. And I was like, is that the answer just to quester.
Speaker 2: Yourself so people in a corner?
Speaker 1: But probably not.
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes more better, more better. I think it depends on what you want out of the party, you know. Like that's the thing I think I've started to get to. Yeah, and like as I get older, I'm like, okay, so what is it that's making me anxious about this party?
Speaker 1: Right? So?
Speaker 2: Uh, because I'm gonna see all these people and like I don't know if I have anything to talk to about. It's like the thing that I have to remember is every single person at that holiday party or at that work party. It's like everybody there. First of all, sometimes I get caught up in feeling like I'm responsible for other people, Like, oh, I have to stay in this conversation with this person, because like what if I leave the conversation. I don't want to be rude, but everybody at the party is like, oh, I want to talk to multiple people at this party. Every single person that came to that party wants to talk to a bunch of people at that party, even if they're nervous, you know what I mean. They want to see like their work friends, they maybe want to like meet someone new, they don't. They also don't want to be like stuck in a conversation with you the whole time. So it's like very freeing to be like I'm so glad that I got to talk to you for a little while. You know how these things are. I'm gonna go see if they put more cheese out, or I'm gonna like, I'm gonna go see if I can find so and so. Like it's okay to leave the the one one. Yes, I love. Giving my self permission to do that is big.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, I've just started to get a little bit better at that. But you hearing you just say that out loud is like such a good reminder of like, oh, yeah, I can just like have short conversations and just be free of the expectation and understand that like it's good for the other person too to be like, hey, it was great to see you, and what are your favorite like getting out of a conversation kind like do you use like you just said, like a food thing is a really good one, you know, I think getting a drink to you, Oh you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna go get another drink, Like yeah, you know, I'll see in a bit.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the honesty of Like I was at a work party the other day and I met this actress that I really really liked, and we got along like gangbusters and we were like having a great time and then sort of not abruptly, but she was like, Okay, so me and my husband are gonna we're gonna go like see if we can talk to some more people. It was so nice hanging out with you guys. I'm like, I really appreciated how frank she was. She was just like, we're gonna go do our rounds, because that's kind of what you have to do with those work parties. You're there to do your rounds, you know, And like I just like I think it's you know, it's part it's it's two parts of it, right, Like there's the I want to be frank with people, and I also understand that if somebody's with me, they're not being like you're the worst, and I want to talk to you. It's like, I'm not going to take that personally right. I'm gonna be like, oh yeah, there's like fifty people here that you probably need to talk to you before you leave at least two, you know, at least two other people you probably saw out of the corner of her eye, and you want to make sure you say hi before you go home super early. Because that's what I also like to do at the work party. I like to leave early. I didn't like to say to the end. I like to get in and get out.
Speaker 1: Be in that first shift. You know, yeah you get there on time, leave an hour or two later, yes, on time, and then get at.
Speaker 2: The other thing is like I like to have It doesn't have to be like a notes list, but I like to have a list in my mind of like, Okay, I'm going to talk to this person. I want to make sure I see this person. If if I see this person, I want to like tap them on the shoulder and be like, Hi, it's nice to see you, or whatever, So like in my mind having a sort of oh if I see so and so, I really want to make sure I say this to them or.
Speaker 1: That to them or whatever, because that makes smart stuff. Yeah, because you're going into it with like some goals, some markers, and then once you hit those, you're like, Okay, I did the thing I did the work party.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If I'm having a good time, I can stay. But also, like I released myself, I can go I have reel good about this exactly.
Speaker 2: Exactly, So this party, I really wanted to say hi and by to Ted Danson, who is the lead in this show that I just did a part in in Icon Legend, Icon Legend fantastic wonderful human and I did. I'm I like made sure that I like had like I made time to like go back over to him when I saw he wasn't busy. Yeah, And and also like you can't really have too much shame about interrupting. We're not in prege and prejudice, you know, like we're not like you just have to be like tap tap yep, Like maybe don't interrupt right as they're putting down the fucking I I taped. I tapped him on the shoulder and it was right when he was laying down the punchline to a joke. And I was like, oh, sorry, it was really bad. But how could you know? I mean, I could have figured it out. I am also funny, so I could have figured out like his gestures are such that he's about to lay down the punchline. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but that you know. And then my other like goal that I had in my head was like, oh, get this one person's phone number because you don't have it and like you don't know when you're gonna see them again. And I'm not on social media very much, so I was like, I want to get her phone number before I leave the party, and I did. And the other goal was eat all the pretzels. Like they had a They had little you know, those little soft pretzels. What are they called. They're like sour dough saut you know what I'm saying about. Yeah, get yeah, the big soft pretzels. They had big soft pretzels. And I was like, you get many big soft pretzels as possible. Yeah, So I had a lot. Those were my goals for the party and I did it.
Speaker 1: God, this is so smart. Okay, goals for a party, being okay with being frank about short conversations with people. These are hot tips.
Speaker 2: I am learning still being rude, but like, yeah, thanks. I do. I do think, especially at work parties for us, and I think for everybody, there's so many times where it's like high emphasis is like there's an open bar, there's free drinks. Yeah, it's like I would say, like the main thing, as I said earlier, the main thing for me is like don't get stupid. Don't get stupid at the work party.
Speaker 1: Don't You could.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and like go to it, like if you really want to, you can go to another bar afterwards, like that time that I was like, do you remember that time? This was recent at a recent word party, and I was like, do you guys want to go to a second location? Remember that? Oh yeah yeah at that party? Yeah, the Oscar party thing. And then I was like, do you want to go to another place? And you guys were like, we're gonna go home. I was like, good for you.
Speaker 1: I wanted to go, but it was late, and we're always thinking about how early our children wake up, and so that makes us kind of lame. But then I tell myself about my child, so no, your child sleeps, your child sleep, Yeah, not anymore.
Speaker 2: She hit that two year old mark. I didn't care anymore.
Speaker 1: She's in that regression. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's in the she's in the fuck sleep.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But my children wake up at like five thirty six am, so that. But one day they will be older and we can stay out later.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But yes, yes, I do love. I do love a post work party hang party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because at work, it's very At the work party, it's like your bosses are there, you're you're you gotta act right you were you know what I mean, Like you gotta act right because I gotta. I don't want to get fired because I'm dumb. Shit you did at the work party. Like it's not worth it, you know, it's not worth it. No amount of free alcohol is worth getting fired.
Speaker 1: And everybody remembers the person who got stupid at the work party.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: It's so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's me. Sometimes I don't think it's ever been you. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: What's your most memorable like Brooklyn, work party or work. It doesn't have to be a Brooklyn one, but like, do you have a work party that you were like, this was amazing and I totally nailed it and I had a great time and I was just like killing it.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't know that, I know. I don't think I ever feel like I'm really killing it at a work party. But I also think like separating the idea of like a party party from a work party is really good for my brain. It's like, yeah, there's certain pressures that are on a work party, like your bosses are going to be there there, you might need to like make an impression on people. But like also if you put that much pressure on yourself about it, it's like you're never going to succeed. And everybody at that party except for like I don't know, you know, j Low is like just as kind of like anxious about the work party as you are, So like just relax and also tell people that you like their work. You know, like if there's someone at your party that you'd like admire there, whatever it is, whatever job you have, if there's somebody that you specifically are like, you're you just such a great job, or I look up to your work so much, or you know, I don't know how you got to where you are, but like, if you ever want to like have coffee, don't say pick a brain because that's gross. But yeah, you know, that's why I got that number because I wanted to talk to that actress because she's a writer too, and I just think she's so cool. And I was like, I don't have a phone number. I'd really like to chat with her, not necessarily because I want her to be my mentor, although I think you could do that, I think you can also just like talk to people that you think as an equal. You want to like exchange ideas about work outside of this work party situation.
Speaker 1: Yes, I one hundred percent agree that is such a good point because I feel like I've gotten a little bit better with that too, and it has led to collaborations or friendships or yeah, I mean I used to feel so weird. I think when I was starting out being like I like your work, like I don't know, like I was like afraid it made me look thirsty or like something, you know, just like overthinking it, desperate or you know. And then the first time I did it was actually with phil Augusta Jackson, and it was kind of a work party and he had like screened some stuff and there was like a get together after, but there was like a lot of people there and it was at an agency, and I just went up and I was like, I love what you do and I'm like a fan, and I just if there's ever a way that I could like support you or show up for you, like, please let me know because I really think you're so talented. And he immediately was like, I have a short film I want to make. You want to be in it? And I was like yes, like and that was kind of like how our little relationship started. Yeah, and it gave me so much courage after that to be like, oh, just say it, Just say the thing. Just tell people that you like what they do. Like people like to hear that, and then sometimes it leads to, you know, more and creative relationships and collaboration and it can be amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It doesn't have to be like a thirsty thing, you know. I think some people circtly it's like, right, we're not thirsty, but it's like what are you doing? What are you? Oh yeah, no, please just like do that gross. But when it comes from a real place of like curiosity because you want to know what they're creatively doing, you know, like what are you what is what? Where's your brain like leading you? Like what is your curiosity right now? What are you working on next? Like what are you doing so that I can watch it when it comes out or whatever? That's specific to us, but like I do think it applies to a lot of people. Yeah, I think, so more better, more better. Okay, So I wanted to redo this thing from Forbes, which listen, I don't read Forbes very much, but I was like asking about holiday parties, office parties or whatever, and there was this executive coach that wrote this article that's called why your office holiday party is a secret evaluation and possible job interview.
Speaker 1: I hate this already.
Speaker 2: I think it's so yuck to be like, okay, wait this quote the office holiday party serves as a covert evaluation of employees social skills, professionalism, and ability to navigate informal settings. I advise you to prepare for your holiday party in the same way you would a performance review or in interview. Boom baboo.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that's too far. I don't know the performance review or interview needs the same like intensity. I think that's so yucky because like it's also like a holiday party. It's like it's you know, not scrutinize people in casuals. Can we just yeah? I mean I get like people are gonna do that, but just like be I hate that. I don't know that one. That's so gross, right, It just that's gross thing that like the the like like the kids say they gave me. It comes from Love Island. You remember when I talked about being being embarrassed that I watched Love Island. That's where it came from. That's where it from. Just you know, America.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know the origin of it without your love, Islan love.
Speaker 2: I do think there's some some truth to it a little bit, but like.
Speaker 1: Uh well only as far as listen, if you act a fool at the holiday party, yes, should you be judged or like possibly evaluated, Sure, but sure I think it's gross to have that approach. I feel like holiday parties and work parties should also be just like places to make connection bonding time, team building, you know, all those cut like just a time to cut loose with these people that you spend so many hours with in a sensible professional way. Sure, Like I said, we don't need to get stupid at the work party.
Speaker 2: We don't need to be ridiculous. It's not it's not that kind of priorty.
Speaker 1: We don't have to get sloppy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But oh, to put this like pressure of like you're being scrutinized.
Speaker 2: Or evaluated like a performance evaluated. Yike, smim, don't do that to yourself. Don't do that to yourself now, because I will say that's how I used to not exactly, but I would put especially in the beginning of work parties for me, like when I was entering into I'm a responsible adult and now I'm getting a paycheck, now I'm going to work parties. Yeah, I would put that pressure on myself. I'd be like, oh my god, they're gonna like they're gonna think of me as X Y or Z or Like I remember being at a theater in my early part of my career and hearing all these like little whispers and stuff from other actors saying, you know, you have to show up at the company bar afterwards, and you have to schmooze, and that's how you get cast, and this and that and I was like, Oh, that's so stressful. Like I want to go to the company bar to like hang out with my new friends and like have some drinks and stuff. I don't want to, you know. And this wasn't a work party. It was more of like a social situation, you know, right, And it's too much pressure to think about every single move you're making. You could think about some of your moves, but like I mean, like I didn't wear makeup to that rap party.
Speaker 1: Don't be so calculated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't wear makeup to that rap party because I didn't have time. I didn't have time. Good, good, good. And I was like, uh, people are gonna know what I look like. Oh that's true. They do. They already know what you look like. It's fine.
Speaker 1: Well, before we wrap it up, I do have one more fun thing that I wanted to read because our producer isis she asked AI how to be better at work parties? And I think that this list is hilarious parts of it. So the first one is beyond time. Sure, I think it's debatable because I think it's okay to be fashionably late to a work party. Nobody wants to be the frowd fashionally late. How late though, No, like within the first half hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If it's a dinner, you need to be on time, like you can be.
Speaker 1: Dinner, you need to be on time. We both remember a dinner we were invited to that I went. I didn't know it was a sit down thing, and I arrived actually, and it was very embarrassing to come into the room with a big round table of people sitting down. And thankfully I wasn't the last person to show up, but I was a second.
Speaker 2: No, you were not to show up. Yeah, it was fine, it was embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Uh, dress appropriately, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one. Yeah, I don't want to, you know, ask your if you're curious about what you is appropriate. Maybe, you know, if if HR wouldn't appreciate you wearing it to work, you probably shouldn't wear it to a work party.
Speaker 1: That's good, that's solid. Yeah. Uh, don't bring a guest unless asked. That's yeah.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: This is my favorite. Watch your guest behavior.
Speaker 2: Do not bring that friend, lark, when are people? Okay, Bill from Accounting had six beers.
Speaker 1: You guys, don't bring that friend. Okay, you know who you you know who they are? Uh, snack before you go.
Speaker 2: I love that one actually, because I have definitely expected a tree pass situation at a work party and been sorely disappointed by the snacks.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have definitely showed up to a work party ravenous and then looked like I don't know what, attacking every plate that came out or whatever, small buffet and just like a stockpile of a plate and being like maybe.
Speaker 2: Fine, Yeah, the stockpile is actually totally fine. If people are gonna judge you for how much you eat at a work.
Speaker 1: No, I mean just more like not talking to anyone because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not good, just not great. That's not great in.
Speaker 1: Search of food because I arrived starving.
Speaker 2: One time I went to a fancy work party and they had Trey pass uh little burgers raw they were raw. Oh yeah, I had eaten half of one in the dark before I realized it. I was like, this is weird. No, it was bad. So eat before you go, Eat before you go.
Speaker 1: That's a good tip. Uh, don't gossip.
Speaker 2: Next, next next one, next one.
Speaker 1: Drink responsibly. We we yes, we discussed, we discussed, yes, And then this one has a big question mark. Hold your drink in your left hand.
Speaker 2: Why so you can shake hands with your right? Oh is that? Why? Is that? Why?
Speaker 1: Probably you probably just nailed it.
Speaker 2: I like to have things in both hands so that I'm I don't have to shake anyone's hands. Oh yeah, that's and then I can be like, oh, sorry, I'm holding my raw Berger.
Speaker 1: I know, in this post COVID world, I find it very like, are we back to shaking hands. I've also learned as an adult that, uh, when I was younger, I just used to hug everyone without asking you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's such a Latin thing, right, So I just used to hug people and.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I've like kissed people on the cheek without asking you because it's very Latin as well, and like and then I, yeah, I have had to be like, oh, well that makes some people very uncomfortable and like just because it's my culture, like they shouldn't have to be on physically uncomfortable because this is how I greet people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really real. You can't, you can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I've gotten better about asking, you know, or waiting to see you know that like awkward moment where you're both you both go in for it and then you're like, oh, no, do they like hugs? And then I just go I'm a hugger. I like hugs, and then the other person goes me too, and then you do it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but are we shaking hands? Are we back to shaking hands? Because remember during COVID when like nobody was shaking hands. Are we back to shaking hands?
Speaker 2: I think you can, Like, I think it's okay to say, like, you know, what I do is oh I just sneezed, or like, oh I just I just ate a burger, so I'm not shaking hands, or like I do that a lot. I'll be and it's usually pretty honest. I'm like I just you know X y Z. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're you're smart to have like, yeah, you're both your hands occupied.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like to have them because I don't love a shake hands situation. I do like a hug, but I try to wait until the end of the conversation to see if I feel comfortable enough approaching huh. So in the beginning, I'll just like smile and be like, Hi, it's so good to see you. Yeah that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: More better I feel I feel listen, I'm gonna ask you, do you feel more better about work parties after this discussion?
Speaker 1: I do feel more better about work parties because I got some real hot.
Speaker 2: Tips from you, and I'm oh, thank you.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're a little less nerve wracking for me. Yeah, after this conversation, do you feel more better about work party glad?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I feel I mean, weirdly, I feel like the stuff that I was doing was just to manage my own anxiety. So it's nice to hear that it might be helpful to you. You know. It's nice to hear that because like I was just going, like, how can I not be in my head this entire experience and like actually be present? What can I do to be present? You know? So it's nice to hear that it's helpful.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you were like very proactive about it, as opposed to I've just been like floating through them, trying to survive.
Speaker 2: Trying to break it down, to break it down into little bitty pieces so I can crack the code. I like it. I like it. They're good to tack code. So yeah, well, we would love to hear about your work parties because we'll be reroll honest, Like, this is a very specific kind of work that we do, so we want to know, like, is your work party super different? Is it like really really casual? Is do the things that we talked about apply to your you know, maybe corporate maybe non corporate job? Like? Also, like did freelancers get together and have work parties or is such as a social party? I don't know, Let us know, Let.
Speaker 1: Us know and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bye guys, bye, More More Better. Do you have something you'd like to be more better at that you want us to talk about in a future episode?
Speaker 1: Can you relate to our struggles or have you tried one of our tips and tricks?
Speaker 2: Shoot us your thoughts and ideas at Morebetter pod at gmail dot com and conclude a voice note if you want to be featured on the pod. Ooh, More Better with Stephanie Melissa is a production from WV Sound and iHeartMedia's My Kuntura podcast network, hosted by Me, Steffie Beatrice, and Melissa Humero. More Better is produced by Isis Madrid, Leo Clem, and Sophie Spencer Zabos. Our executive producers are Wilmer Valderrama and Leo Clem at w V sound. This episode was edited by Isis Madrid and engineered by Sean Tracy and features original music by Madison Davenport and Hey Loo boy Our.
Speaker 1: Cover art is by Vincent Remis and photography by David Abolos. For more podcasts from iHeart, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 2: See you next week, Sugas Bye,