Speaker 1: They get they called me.
Speaker 2: Broadcasts a live from Atlanta, Georgia, rubing to the Ball Up Show.
Speaker 1: I go by the name for I go by the name. You know, b T Man say man DJ headed the building. The West Coast is in the building. Ro we w don't even do snap squibble up? Why do you? Why do you just put your arms do the same. That's no. I've seen you know what. I just seen what you'll do?
Speaker 3: No, bro, I just seen Ryan Coogler put that in his Centers movie and it was niggas in White Te's and they was doing this ship and.
Speaker 1: I'm bro, but why y'all do that?
Speaker 2: Every guess maybe I've seen people I see snoop dude that that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what you was doing earlier? No, like no, no, you was like this that What the fuck is?
Speaker 2: That's what them boys be doing when they do that? That that walk?
Speaker 1: No, the only person that walked like that is r J. Mister l a OK. But he be doing his ship though, like he he be steady.
Speaker 2: That's one of the most fascinating things on the West Coast.
Speaker 1: Me what that.
Speaker 3: Won't Well when people say West Coast, I don't want to say exclusive to l A you know what I'm saying, West Coasts includes San Diego to Babe, so you have to say la or whatever part. It's like somebody generalizing Georgia. It's like, nah, like Atlanta niggas as far as I know, Atlanta, like Decater niggas ain't the same thing.
Speaker 4: As Yeah, yeah, same ship. So I want to ask you a question. What is some hats to not wear?
Speaker 2: You going straight in?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to because right now it's a picture going viral. This guy had on his shirt and it's it has pictures of hats you should not wear in l A. One of them is a Florida Marlind's hat.
Speaker 4: Damn, you definitely can't wear astro hat.
Speaker 1: What well, the thing is hat? I mean you can what you can. What hats are okay to wear?
Speaker 2: You can lack la.
Speaker 1: Hat, like you said, you can wear anything you want to wear. It's just you know, it's not a good idea depends on where you are and who you run it to, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like, we have certain community leaders that understand that you're from out of town and you from Atlanta, or you know, you might be from Florida and you might have on a Florida Marlin's hat or Atlanta, Georgia's had Atlanta braves hat.
Speaker 2: Atlanta Braves had it, okay.
Speaker 1: And you might be somewhere where you run into a community leader and that community leader will be accepting of your geography about a falcon's hat on the other side, Oh my god, you can't where a falcon's hat on the other side.
Speaker 3: If you run into some Wayians that don't get forgot none of that, then you know, you may or may not have to remove the hat. They might confiscate the hat, or you may not have to you know, deal with certain politics of not knowing.
Speaker 1: So there's this thing that the misconception about.
Speaker 3: LA specifically LA is like, oh, it's game banging. It is that, but it's not about colors and stuff like that. Just like how y'all could tell what somebody owned based on their temperament, they demeanor, the way they walk, you know what I mean. You can kind of feel the energy is real. I don't know if you kids know that, but energy is real. But so when somebody is presenting a certain energy with the hat therein lie is a thing that that becomes a thing, then they kind of know. Yeah, but you always get in a black LA hat, so a blacks feel like the black white Sox hat, which I never understood. That's something too though. I would just like me, I'm good whatever, I'm good with everybody. I still wear black LA hatch. I have a purple and gold Kobe Jersey black LA hat. I'll have a blue Lakers throwback black LA hat. I just wear black LA hats just conditioning, so just growing up, I always wear black LA hats.
Speaker 1: This one is a Dodger's hat.
Speaker 4: But you know, is that okay to where a black Dodgers hat.
Speaker 1: Well, this one says Dodgers on it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So this is but this is also like some limited edition ship like it got the dog, it's the Dodgers adverse. It's like this is like a limited edition hat. You know what I'm saying, Like this this is some shit, but like you know, you could, I would For those who don't know, I would stick to black l A hats and don't do brown, don't do red, don't do burgundy.
Speaker 4: Just black LA, and don't wear solid colors. Like I couldn't wear this, you can, well, I mean I.
Speaker 1: Could wear it.
Speaker 2: All depends on the energy of with your.
Speaker 1: With what presenting while you're wearing that? What is that? Is that orange? This? This is fashionype of fashion.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Ferrari Simmons. Is you know b tape the Baller Show.
Speaker 1: I'm just letting you know.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm dripped in dipp and fashion over.
Speaker 1: Man, you feel me? Man, you already know what I got on fashion over.
Speaker 4: Y'all keep asking me when y'all see my my clothes, y'all say, BT, where do you get your clothes from?
Speaker 1: Fashion over? Hey? Look?
Speaker 2: Hat, shades, shirt, shorts, socks, underwear.
Speaker 4: I keep trying to tell y'all, keep trying to tell y'all, it ain't the clothes that make the man.
Speaker 1: It's the man to make the clothes. He did what I'm saying, No, But then what's the fold? These the official fall fold? They shoot peace? Let me see? And then I got stars.
Speaker 2: I got this that fashion over.
Speaker 1: To so hold on, stand up. So look right now, you look fashionable.
Speaker 3: You don't look like you want no ship, okay, because you got the burnt orange and you got the red, white and blue like it ain't really fashion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you could probably walk down mail roads or something like that.
Speaker 3: Or fair fact wherever y'all go, visit LA and nobody would even say anything to you. Now if you if that was like a bright, if it wasn't more if it's a little bit more orange, and then you had on the astros hat with it, Oh no, no, it might be oh no, like you know, it might be oh no, cause for something I know that's a that's oh no. I'm not saying it's oh no. It's certain it's yes with certain people.
Speaker 4: But I mean, but but but you might not be a kin to that energy, right because I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's just you know, you grew up knowing it, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, So first of aelmost I want to give your flowers, man, have a lot of respect for you as a person, a brand, an entity within the framework or what you do.
Speaker 1: Want to say that on camera to you.
Speaker 2: I want to start from the beginning. How'd you get your start and how'd you get your name?
Speaker 3: I started well, when I finished high school, I went to radio. I took radio broadcasting that community college because I'm like, I want to be on the radio. I just knew I always had a voice. The homies used to make fun of me in school, like tenth grade, you got two kids in the mortgage because at the way my voices are, you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, but you got an announcing type of voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I always wanted to be on the radio.
Speaker 3: I went to broadcasting school or took broadcasting classes at so Rito's College and then but in school, like the homies just wouldn't call me Aaron.
Speaker 1: My government name is Aaron Drake. Ironically, you know, that's like been a thing. But continue, We'll get into that later.
Speaker 3: But they just wouldn't call me airing. They like, no, nigga, your name head, nigga. Look at your ship, you know what I'm saying. I'm like, bro, we were the same size.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, but your ship is shaped different.
Speaker 3: You know, we just don't call you head. Just so I took the A out because like, I'm a nerd. I'm a super geek.
Speaker 1: Been good.
Speaker 3: I'm good at video games, right, anybody want the Mario car fade. I'm on the call of duty.
Speaker 1: I'm on all that. I'm not good at the two K, not good in the wreck. I'm the sixth man, so I'm good at two K. I'm not the reck nigga. But back in the day, like playing video and street Fighter, Mortal Kombat. You know when you at a highest score, it's room for you to put three initials. So I just took the A out put H G D. So that's kind of like I just kept my name.
Speaker 2: And then when did you start DJing?
Speaker 3: I went to college, got my radio certificate ate and I watched like DJ he did. He did legendary out there and he DJ for the Clippers now him DJ Kelly, uh DJ Bad. I was watching him. I was wanting to learn the craft, but really I was too like timid to fuck with it. My big honey glasses. He was like, once he started getting motion, we was promoting him, he kind of got big.
Speaker 1: In the city.
Speaker 3: He's like, look, cuz you're gonna be my DJ. I'm like, I don't know how to DJ. He's like, well, you the smartest nigga. I know you can learn how to DJ. So I took a year taking myself out of DJ. You know what I'm saying, And my nigga, DJ Kelly bought my first needles and my mixer and I just just go to the club soon as the club O because I couldn't afford equipment, so my homies let me. I just fuck they records up, like you know when they getting sound checking doors, Just fucking they records up until I learned how to blend and shit. Then one time we were still I never told this before. We was doing a party in Long Beach and I think it was the twenties, and the insans had got into it, like that's just notorious. They all know each other, they related and everything. They got into it. Our DJ packedic shit and left. He was like, I'm out of here because he was outside throwing them right, so and nobody was shooting nothing because they know each other, y'all family. But I was like my big bro pool He was like DJ, I'm like, so, I just start pulling vinyls and just start DJing the party.
Speaker 1: And that's that was it that I start carrying craigs for the homie DJ Kelly.
Speaker 3: I couldn't afford a laptop ship that Toroado came later, but and I started learning how to DJ, and then eventually I got good fast, like a year, year and a half, and then I start DJing parties.
Speaker 2: Now a lot of people know you infamously now for your commentary and the Drake Kendrick Lamar saga.
Speaker 1: I call it a saga because it's definitely like a television show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you've definitely been one of the key voices on letting us know what's really going on.
Speaker 1: That's what I was talking was at the Black and Flair podcast.
Speaker 2: I was like, I know all the updates because of you. Yeah, you had you had very insightful, accurate information. So I feel like it immediately started putting you in spaces where very few people are at correct because now when people are coming to you for information and you're providing accurate information, now it gives you room for people to critique, judge, say oh fuck you, and give you your flowers as well. How did that? First and foremost, how did you get cool enough or how did you get tapped in enough to provide all this information on Kendrick or speak on what's going on on your side of the country, because it's kind of like you were speaking for him, not really, but really.
Speaker 1: Did I tell you that? I said that that black effect.
Speaker 2: But from where we're looking, you know, we're especially in Atlanta. I'm not gonna speak for the entire city of Atlanta. Because what happens is Drake comes to Atlanta often, so he has ties in Atlanta with Future with twenty one Savage, which Thug and stuff like that. So Drake like our partner in Atlanta, you know what I'm saying. So, but when he came to Atlanta or comes to Atlanta, it's cool. So he frequented here as it should be, but Atlanta always seems it seemed like Atlanta kind of was like wait, wait, wait, ibrow, I brow up.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Y'all? Put them on time out? No, no, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: No, we'll get to that. But I'm gonna get to you because I feel like on your behalf you were giving us updated accurate information on k do how, why, if, if?
Speaker 1: When? What? But like how well?
Speaker 3: These is the homies Like people think this ain't on industry relations. These are my homies. For these are like my friends. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: We came up together.
Speaker 3: Like if you go back and listen to Halfsold second project on TD from twenty and ten, I'm on, I'm on a skit on that project like me and Dot we was on tour together in twenty ten. You know what I'm saying, Like it's footage on the internet right now for us, me and him mixed boley, like we on tour together in twenty ten, like eating noodles and being broke together, like these is my friends in real life, These ain't.
Speaker 1: These ain't like people like oh, like a lot of.
Speaker 3: People who took the other side is like fans and shit niggas that would never break bread with them in a day in they life, or you know, whatever the case may be, like these is my homies. And as you know, like the lineage where I come from, you just you ride with your hommies. You know what I'm saying, good, bad and different, wrong whatever. I don't believe in that right or wrong shit that the street niggas always preach to me, like right or wrong nigga, we riding together. I don't necessarily subscribe to that because that's not that goes against my moral compass. But if it's not morality in question, these is my friends. These are my homies I'm riding with. I'm swinging for a and t you know what I'm saying, Like, that's just what it is.
Speaker 1: So for me.
Speaker 3: When it all cracked off, it's nobody was saying nothing and it's like, bro, y'all know the homie, Like why nobody? And so I'm like, I was more surprised that I was the only one saying anything. That's where I was coming from. I wasn't even tripping on the fact that I'm being looked at as the guy. I'm just like, bro y'all know the homie for real, Like you know him. We all seen him sparring, freestyling, the projects. We notice Nigga could rap. We know what he does creatively like we and then on outside of that, not to say it like that, but you know, like California specifically has a reputation for being very disrespectful because and if you die sac I'm a music nerd too, So if you dissected musically, most people gonna dish you or say something to you over some hip hop like what Joey Badass is doing, right, they gonna boop the problem the real and people can't figure out why the West Coast is so inflammatory and why it's so big When it happens, it's because we're gonna say some wild shit to you and to beat and it's gonna be over some shit you're gonna play in the club. That's that's the difference, you know what I mean, Like it's gonna be over some ship that you're gonna hear nigga, everybody's gonna be singing it. It's gonna be a hook to it. You know, you're gonna be a joker or whatever. So if you notice, if you know that's where he come from, that's he really from. He's really from Compton, you know what I'm saying. Like my homies is really his homies. You know what I'm saying, Like I know, like certain people not from him, but that's with him, got it?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like these is like people out have been over there and DJed in the projects and Neela's and like you know, Gweet or he in jail, but like little al like these is my real Like I fuck with these dudes, you know what I'm saying. But then it's the people that people like who are these niggas on to Pip Butterfly like? But they not catching it? And that's why that's how I got involved.
Speaker 2: It's not more so like you gotta evolve by association.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not a thing that I asserted myself. I wasn't trying to.
Speaker 2: Do just that's already it's happening.
Speaker 1: BT. BT is your guy.
Speaker 3: So somebody across the tracks, like, get on the internet, get on the on the on the radio station, on another radio.
Speaker 2: I'm saying with BT, I got you.
Speaker 1: That's all it is.
Speaker 2: It's all it is, okay. But before that happened, though, I got you, BT was everything cool, everything was loved, Like where were playing drap when we listening to d we're supporting Drake.
Speaker 1: I still play as Worcords on my radio show right now. I'm not one of them people who like is delusional. I play no kid like I'm not as a DJ with y'all should notice, it's not about you. Thank you. Most DJ not most.
Speaker 3: A lot of dj is get on them turntables and get to plan what they want to hear and be five.
Speaker 1: It's five hundred people, and I hate that. That's play what they want, some vain ship. I don't like that. Like I'm I'm I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 3: I'm I've been DJing professionally since two thousand and I would say nine right, I have never I've dejayed in Vegas, overseas, everywhere.
Speaker 1: I have never prepared a set. I've never prepared a DJ set like I'm gonna do this in the crowd.
Speaker 3: That's why it was so hard for me to do radio because I don't have a crowd to feed off of. So I had to learn a new out of exercise, a new muscle and just programming, right, learning programming. But I'm a crowd reader. If y'all put me in any club in Atlanta, I'm gonna go in there. I'm it's gonna take me about twenty minutes to figure out what they what they own. And then once I go cause, I'll go extreme over here, I'll go Miley Cyrus, you know what I'm saying. Oh okay, not Miley, alright. I come up to Juicy, all right, Juicy, all right, that's my that's this side. And I go over here, I go not like, okay, they ain't on that. Or then I go up to let me see Gee Perica, Okay, y'all not on that? What about the drama mixed to a ya? So I once I figure out my bearing, I'm locked in.
Speaker 1: That's how DJ and Atlanta just future. If he plays the future, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not one of them DJs. Who like just play like fuck him and all that kind of shit like that. So like, that's not what I'm on now. If it was that, it could be that too, but that's not what I'm own now.
Speaker 4: The thing, well, I'm most surprised about is like what you're saying, Like you were surprised by how nobody was saying anything. Do you feel like people wasn't saying anything because it kind of started off like a like a popularity contest, you know what I'm saying, Like it because people was really kind of like, I don't really know how this is gonna go, you know what I mean. And when you start being vocal about it, you were the only person being vocal about it.
Speaker 1: You gotta think I got in the field when it wasn't cool that wasn't saying nothing. This after the Push Up Ship.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is why Push Ups was the only one that at nobody had the record. You didn't have the record, I didn't nobody act the only nigga had the record. So I'm like, well, if that show again, this is always wasn't it Like wasn't like that first yeah was.
Speaker 1: That came out? But he engaged. So the thing is it's like where I'm from, this is it sounds repetitive, but it's just I don't that's the answer. The truth is the answer. Were we from?
Speaker 3: You don't like false flag like you don't claim to be Like like B two said earlier about what I'm wearing, I ain't. That ain't what I'm own like I'm just wearing the shirt. You can't false flag where we're from. That's an automatic problem and you gotta you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 3: So the way I'm looking at it, like if BT and Rory put out a record, put out a disc record, but y'all are only two niggas playing the record or have the record?
Speaker 1: Is it real? Why is it not? Why are you not putting it out? Where is the record at? And so that's where I was.
Speaker 3: I was just and I hadn't even talked to that at this point. This is just me speaking just for me, Like, bro, if that's your record, put the record out, you know what I mean. And then when they started him and acting all them, they started to engage. It was it became a story. But I wasn't speaking on nobody's behalf.
Speaker 2: Question hindsight looking at how it started, and do you think that it could have been resolved or they could have squashed this before it went to before it got to not like us and family matters and all that.
Speaker 1: Do you wish that that happened?
Speaker 3: No, because this got a chance for the homie to prove to the world what he really is, because people don't. People always doubted it, like and also not that they doubted his greatness. Two things happen. One is they finally had to admit their biases. This revealed a lot of biases into the world. It's like, people just don't fuck with you, and that's okay. But I respect a racist white person who say they're racist more so than I respect a nigga who say who don't say nothing.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I just have more respect for that because.
Speaker 2: At least you telling me where you at.
Speaker 1: We that's it and where I'm from, Authenticity is number one for sure. It's protocols.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't necessarily so if what that's one thing is just revealed the truth of the matter, then when I spoke to him, he coccurd and then you heard it on Euphoria. What I learned he didn't even he knew, but he didn't know. I've been saying this. If you go back, you can look on my Instagram and go back twenty twelve. I got on West Coast shirts. I've been pushing the same, Go back, go talk to DJO when they first hired me in real nineties. With three in La twenty fifteen, I'm yelling, we need to be West Coast, we need I've been the same for the twenty years.
Speaker 1: I've been biased the whole time. I'm not anti anybody. I'm just pro us. It ain't none wrong with that, ain't non wrong with that.
Speaker 3: So my thing is what one it showed the biases, and then two it showed the world It's like, yeah, he's his artsy, fartsy esoteric black revolutionary, but he's still a nigga from Compton. And I think that's what shocked everybody. It's like, this is when G and X came out. It's still Luther just came out as number one, right now, still right, g and X came out.
Speaker 1: It's like, what is this? This is too la, this is too s coast. DJ is calling me from all over rang gonna say who it was, y'all. We ain't fucking with this as soon as they dropped this ship to West Coast.
Speaker 3: Ain't never gonna it, ain't never gonna go. We ain't fucking with it, Okay. But what that showed me is that you pre you, you had a predetermined way of feeling. You feel a way already, and.
Speaker 4: So what it does is just it just reveals, it just amplifies like all the the naysayers and how they how they's just like, bro the.
Speaker 3: South, Atlanta's been running ship the South. I've been having it for having that away fifteen years plus. Right, you can the credit. How you can go with the Dungeon family, go, you can go however far back you want to go. Right, Nobody, nobody. I've never heard anybody say that something sounds too Atlanta. I've been doing this shit twenty years, literally, twenty two thousand and five. Yeah, twenty years, two thousand and five, so this will be my twentieth year in the music business, and I've never heard anybody say this should sound too Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Not one person, have you? Nope? But have you heard if you heard the term too West Coast? Yes, I know, because that's how niggas feel.
Speaker 3: That's okay, But tell me how that's how you feel you know what I'm saying, and so like for me, that's why, that's why I've been so vocal, Because I've been, I've been, and me and him talked about it too.
Speaker 1: I've been yelling this for the last twenty years.
Speaker 3: Hey, push our line, push our line, push our line, because that's what everybody else is gonna do.
Speaker 1: That's just what it is.
Speaker 4: And I feel like even the whole situation is has magnified the talent and the essence of you know what the West Coast is. I want to ask you, though, do you feel like depending on what neighborhood people are from, that that kind of hinders with pushing the agenda of the West Coast music?
Speaker 1: Do that hinder? What does that hinder?
Speaker 4: Like, Like if somebody's from this neighborhood and you know, they can't do music.
Speaker 1: Together because our politics. Our politics is probably number three on the list gotta be number one, It's number three on the list from things that hold us back? What's number one? Number one is demographics?
Speaker 3: Okay, our demographic and not even in California, Western Texas. I mean, it do all depend on how much nerding. I'm a nerd, so I study like migration routes like Oregon Trail type shit.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You know, if you look at land masses. There's this graph on the internet where if you.
Speaker 3: Look at where the largest bodies of water are, that's what civilization settle, right, because of agriculture and land development stuff like that. Not that many black people went west because you couldn't afford you have that money to go west. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, a lot of y'all stayed here south. Even the Midwest was kind of far. That's why it's called the Men and West because they thought that that was middle way, midway through to the West coast, which is not if you know what Chicago is, that's not even close.
Speaker 1: That's not that's not close at all. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Ohio, Ohio on three hour time, they were just like, y'all, you know what I'm saying, that's not middle or nothing.
Speaker 1: You feel me?
Speaker 3: So anyway, long story short, that's number one is our demographic. It's more Meskans, Spaniards, et cetera, not black people. That's number one that hold us back because you can't relate to that and not not to be like that, but white people came and stole that land from the Spaniards. Came the Spaniards and the the Caucasians came and stole that from the Mesicans and shit like that. So technically that's their land. So when people be like all this Trump shit sitting niggas back, bro, y'all took it from them. You know what I'm saying, Los Angeles, that's not an American word. Sandina, that's not a Mexican that's not an American word.
Speaker 1: Our ship, all our.
Speaker 3: Ship, all that stuff down there is it's not. That's Latin culture, you know what I'm saying. So it's just different than yeah saying anything. Yeah, all those streets are are are not like if you look at textas same thing San Antonio, that's Latin culture. That's no white people was like, this is San Antonio.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I'm just saying, it's it's deeper.
Speaker 2: Thank So it's number two.
Speaker 1: Number two would be sound music. So West Coast music.
Speaker 2: I do think that your music stays there. But I still like it though, because when I come.
Speaker 4: There now, I love the West Coast Coast music different.
Speaker 1: So West Coast quote unquote traditional West Coast music. When you hear it, you don't know.
Speaker 3: People went like, I got a lot of ship for being on DDG streaming because I was talking about this ship and he don't know music, and it wasn't this he said, he don't know music. I'm a music person first, So my problem is I often have music conversations with non music niggas. Right, But the music that's the sound aditional West Coast music is a derivative of funk.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Funk it's baselines, base lines, and tempo yunk music. So Southern music is derived from blues, right, which is why it's slow. Y'all think it's fast because all the producers producing double time. Most of the producers they producing, they able to. They fruity lose they producing and double time. So if they say they play a song like Wicked is seventy nine bpm, that it was produced that double that as opposed to it being like if it's eight BPM's produced at one sixty, you feel me there's now this is some nerd shit for the for the kids. But if you're playing that song most and if you look in at DJ's computer, it's probably at one eight when it's really seventy nine, you feel.
Speaker 1: Because they speed it up.
Speaker 2: No, it's just produced in double.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the high hats and the drums and shit move faster. So, because Southern music is rooted in blues and West Coast music is rooted in funk, it's automatically segregated. So when you hear a song you say that sound like a West Coast song?
Speaker 1: What what makes you say that? It's always going to be the baseline?
Speaker 3: For instance, I had I wanted talking to Joe Budden, right, I said, Joe, has anybody ever told you that pump it Up sound like a West Coast song? He's like, never, I said, I know, But pumping Up is one hundred and five bpm, so is most a lot of these West Coast This.
Speaker 1: Is one hundred hundred yeah.
Speaker 3: So but when people hear tempo now, they automatically think as a West Coast song because of because of Claire Drip is one hundred epm metro metro. He's he's a scientist, so he's good at what he does, but he produced in ours. I said this eight years ago. I said, the first person to make a trap song with rhythmic tempo. Now I'm using radio terms, it's going to go to the bank. Rick Clair Drip still getting played to this day, but it's one hundred EPM record producing with trap songs. Dude, that sound like a West Coast record to you, not really sonically, but it got tempo which automatically is associated with West Coast temper.
Speaker 1: And translates over there better too.
Speaker 4: Is what I realized, because even even when you you looking at like I remember when I was in LA and I was just to the radio. I was like, damn, man, Okay. I was like, I was like, damn man, I heard like.
Speaker 1: I was in the cars, like damn. I don't heard like five Chris Brown records. Then I did. I get to Chris House.
Speaker 4: I'm like, man, you're all on the radio here. But I understand he's like an alien in what he does because he knows the BPM, the time link, everything that he did.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I never thought that.
Speaker 2: I was like, I never would think that.
Speaker 1: You thought like this. He's like, yeah, that's why he know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but here's the secret throw and this would always tell people you got Jermaine Duprie. JD is my goal Number one on the list best of all time, right, JD. You got Doctor Dre, you got Timbaland, you got Swiss, you got Little John who do you know could accidentally be successful for thirty years?
Speaker 1: Nobody. They know some shit, they know and they know something. That's my point.
Speaker 3: They know some music most as much as people go in to booth. And I'm for the freestyle and I'm feeling music is a formula. It's a recipe, and the best recipes is recipes that's been perfected.
Speaker 1: And you cook that motherfucker over and over again. That's all this shit is. Yeah, and I and I appreciate.
Speaker 4: Like I was telling Ferrari, I said, man, the things that most uh that's fascinating to me is longevity, right because even in the spaces that that we're in, like it, it's hard to be in this business for for a real long time and you see giants collide like what you've seen with Kadot and what you've seen with Drake, and these guys have been in the game for a long time, and I've seen that that Drake is pushing the envelope that he felt like that record was like amplified against him to to dilute, you know, his his negotiation when he going to the label. You you feel like that that record was pushed the agenda to, you know, to dilute his The record.
Speaker 1: Is a jam, that's a good It's a slap, just like when you make a slap. Yeah, everybody gonna play it.
Speaker 3: They're gonna mean it, They're gonna post it, they're gonna retweet it like it's just a slap. It's not crazy, it's not It's not this consorted effort to to the demise of one individual. It's just that what I think what's fan in the flames is that people don't want to come to grips with the reality of things. The reality of things is, hey, bro, we call it coming outside. You come off the porch.
Speaker 1: Right When I used to spend summers, I used to spend summers and content with my cousin Ian and he lived on the street called Chester and right down right next down the street, it's south Side Park.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Shot shout to pun So it's south Side Park right there. I used to be afraid to go outside because I know I gotta go to the park. But what happens is you can't just be over there all the time and not go outside. I think what happens is the more you get to stay inside, reality starts to shift.
Speaker 1: For you, and outside don't become real.
Speaker 3: Right, So I think what happens is the longer you stay, you up here and you couldn't possibly fathom not being here. And so when our reality started, you go to the park and get your ass whooped. You like, but I'm here. No, no, no, no, you're not here at the park. At the park, you with a nigga who lost the fight. It's simple, it's not it's not complicated.
Speaker 1: You make it. You make it a lot of sense. You make it, You make it a lot of sense. But I do feel like.
Speaker 4: I do feel like these are these are two gigantic artists that like, at some point could just come together and you know, coexist.
Speaker 1: I don't see that happening. You don't think that you mean coming together.
Speaker 4: Like what I mean, not like like we friends, but like the in the sense of being like you know, like I respect I respect the battle, I respect your craft. It could have been that way, but you think it got too personal. People start mentioning family member absolutely.
Speaker 1: Something that Glasses told me fifteen years ago.
Speaker 3: Because I'm a jokester. I do pranks on niggas. I'm that guy, right, I like to I'm a funny jokester. And one thing he set me down. He say, look cuz everybody ain't playing. I only have to be told that one time. Some people learn by putting a hand in the fire over and over again. I learned from watching other people crash. I don't have to crash, So for me, I only have to be told that one time to understand, Oh, everybody ain't playing. So somebody if BT if BT is telling me like, hey, bro, like, we're gonna go outside and we can get to it. But nigga, don't pull my braids. We're gonna It's called a friendly, A friendly fake. A friendly is reserved for people you have respect for, are you friends with, or you have a relationship with.
Speaker 1: That's what a friendly is where I'm from. A friendly is not for an OP or an enemy or somebody who is as an offender. Right offenders get we call it getting packed or maxed out. There's no opportunity for retribution, there's no conversation. It's just when I see you as own and stuff. Right, So that wasn't that wasn't a thing. But if I offer you a friendly and then you ship on the friendly, now it's scorched earth. Gotcha. Now, it's like one of us getting packed out.
Speaker 3: Now, it don't matter what happened to you. Because I offered you the friendly you pull I put you offered me the friendly. I did the one thing you told me not to do. It's just pull your braids during our our friendly. Because a friendly me and you go outside, we run the fairy one and then we go eat. You know what I'm saying, man, that was that was a good ship you whatever, that's a friendly. You told me the only thing that's off limits djhed is don't pull my braids. And I pull your braids. Now it's no longer friendly because you you told me what the line was, and I was like, you know what I'm saying. So once I crossed that line and at that point, whatever happens happens.
Speaker 4: Now, what do you feel about all the stuff with Like what you know when you look at like the West Coast right, like, well, I see a lot of media. I see like a lot of you know, people that are gang affiliated talking about certain things on camera and stuff like that. Like how you feel about all the stuff that's going on with like people are getting locked up from doing you know, podcasts and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I don't participate in it. I don't even. I don't even.
Speaker 3: I don't one thing I always since I started doing radio or broadcasting. I don't talk about street shit on the air. I don't interview street niggas about street shit. That ain't none of my business. I'm a non affiliate. What am I doing talking about street shit? M You know what I'm saying, Even when like certain things happen, like when Nipsey got murdered, right, people wanted me to have conversations like that ain't on air conversation you know what I'm saying, Like that's that's something.
Speaker 2: Did you want to have a conversation or you just knew? Nah, I'm not speaking on that.
Speaker 3: No, it's no reason, it's no point because to me, again, like I just told et, like everything everybody ain't playing and everything ain't content to me, you know what I'm saying, Like Rory got kids, right, that ain't content to me. No matter what happened in Rory's life, you ain't never gonna see me on the radiol It could be nigga, his son got charged with this or his nigga he got caught cheating and he got a baby on the way over here, and everything ain't content to me.
Speaker 4: Which is never happened, by the way, but I feel like you kind of take you kind of take it like how we take it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So we had a conversation with Ray Daniels and yeah, shout out, shout out to Ray Daniels and meant to tell you know, okay, uh, you know.
Speaker 1: Academics and no.
Speaker 4: Jumper felt a certain type of way about the things that he were discussing during our.
Speaker 2: Show, and he basically said, we can't talk like that in Atlanta because people are gonna pull.
Speaker 1: Up on you. What was y'all talking about, Well, we was talking.
Speaker 4: We was talking about the fact that, like, you know, we feel like certain certain cities get away with a lot of stuff with like how people talk about certain stuff on it you know, like we're not street guys, so we don't feel the need we should be talking about certain.
Speaker 1: Things on camera.
Speaker 4: And that's basically what Ray Daniels saying, like, Hey, we don't do that here because we outside and at some point.
Speaker 2: You can literally find go on my Instagram and know where I'm going to be at.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're telling people where we're at. Hey, tonight, I'm gonna be hosting here.
Speaker 2: Talk about it so people will pull up on you because we outside who have a problem with that.
Speaker 1: The people he mentioned mentioned academics. They said, what was a problem though they basically said that Atlanta has nothing going on?
Speaker 4: Well, No, Jumper basically said Atlanta had no media presence going on, and academics felt like that people like media personalities were scared to talk about like certain things.
Speaker 3: And he said, but that's easy to talk, that's easy to say from people who don't be nowhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's and that I feel the same type. I've ever seen that individual anywhere. Nope, me either.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, man, I won't I wasn't even tripping on their opinion because I'd be outside. So I mean, I'm I'm very easy to find.
Speaker 1: It's not about being easy, see but this is my thing.
Speaker 2: Let me, let me, let me finish. I would say I'm very easy to find. Therefore, I make sure I'm very intelligent with the things I talk about, what I talk about, who I talk about, and the things that I don't touch on don't concern me. I'm mind my business. But then again, you know, I still gotta do my job. I do my job with as much respect as possible. And I know that there's certain every like you said, everybody ain't playing, so therefore certain things I'm not gonna speak on period.
Speaker 1: But also it's not even so.
Speaker 3: There's this thing right where Glasses always talks about game banging and how people I didn't get it at first. He did because I grew up around it, you know what I'm saying. I grew up on the East Side. There's a lot of gangs over there, and I was a product of my environment. Not I'll never join the gang, but you know, I got in a little bit of trouble early on or whatever. But he always talks about like I didn't. I thought game bang was about geography, like why would you claim streets you don't own?
Speaker 1: Like I thought very linear. I thought very digital, like just black and white.
Speaker 3: And as I start to hang out with the hommies more and understand different things, it's not about that it's just your bond. It's it's your friend group with your commonality. But more importantly, what it teaches you is manhood and accountability. Because BT represents the Baller Alert Show. Rory represents the Baller Alert Show. So if BT jump out there and say fuck them over there on the Baller Alert.
Speaker 1: Show, he represents the collective fact.
Speaker 3: Now one person is responsible for the entire movement, right, so now everybody has to answer for this one person. People who never played Little league or who never played communal sports. I played baseball, I played basketball. People who don't go to the park like I talked about, people who don't hang out or don't go outside or around around.
Speaker 1: Humans in these ways don't understand that. That's what accountability, that's what manhood looks like.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you can just fly for handle and say whatever you want to say because there's no accountability stable to it. I agree, but also, but also you shouldn't waste your time articulating that to people who couldn't understand it.
Speaker 2: And that's why I did. I didn't reply.
Speaker 1: I know he gonna crash.
Speaker 4: I just you know, uh, you know, shout out to Ray. But you know, Ray Ray is very much like you know, he's proud to be from Atlanta. He's proud, you know, and and Ray Ray definitely you know, he he was going up and we was all supposed to have a conversation.
Speaker 1: You know, he was gonna go to New York, have a conversation, sit down and act. But it never happened.
Speaker 2: But I'm fine. It doesn't matter to me. I'm cool. Like I just feel like we're gonna focus on what we focusing on, and we're gonna.
Speaker 1: And I feel like certain people do do content the way they do content. Look, I like being outside, you know what I'm saying. So you are outside, I'm outside. Yeah, outside is me. So it's stuff. Don't pretend to speaking on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But the thing is, that's what I'm trying to explain it. It's not about people can find you. It's just about moral compass and manhood ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, accountability, just accountability a man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not gonna say whatever whatever I have said, whatever I have said about anybody, I will say to them and probably I probably have already told them facts.
Speaker 2: I always lead with that too, because I feel I feel I feel like when we did the r Kelly thing, m hm, and I said, I said, I love Nick Cary, that's my boy.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But shoot, I've been I've been in settings where people play R.
Speaker 1: Kelly.
Speaker 2: It's cool, not tripping, well, I play it. No, that's just my personal thing. Everybody got their own personal thing. I have no problem hearing R.
Speaker 1: Kelly.
Speaker 2: I just I'm not playing It's okay, that's just me bro I'm cool.
Speaker 1: And it's certain people that enjoys the music. But it's I'm cool.
Speaker 2: I just don't have it on my laptop to play it for you, So don't ask me.
Speaker 1: I think that's cat mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Then cap, you don't have no R. Kelly in your laptop. I don't not a feature, not a song or verse.
Speaker 2: Nothing, something that he wrote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if he's on it. No, if he's on a song, you don't have any of your laptop. I'll have to Yeah. I would love to search your Sorado for the word Kelly. That's cool. It's a feature of something. It's no way you have eradicated all our Kelly from your Sorado.
Speaker 2: Longing to take well, you just type in Kelly and then you do control a, and then you just hit the lead, type in Kelly, even search bar, control A delete.
Speaker 1: Okay, you call it CAP.
Speaker 2: I have my laptop, get it.
Speaker 1: No, man, we have five minutes left. We could do some BTS though I have my laptop. It's actually with DJing today, yo head. Would you would you ever consider going back to radio? I'll do radio, but serious six M yeah, serious, but you know format radio show radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would consider it, but at this point, if it's if it's not syndicating effective immediately with gene views of views Mann, she fine, you're doing a great Jobews if it's not that, I'm hold your own too.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: I'm not interested. I just there's nothing there for me outside of what I'm doing.
Speaker 4: So with the state of radio in l A, how do you how do you feel, like, how do you feel about how that's transitioning?
Speaker 1: I mean the state of radios.
Speaker 3: I mean radio is always going to be a loving me so I'm not I don't have anything negative to say about it, but I think like the state of it is always in crisis because the way that radio is done is traditionally archaic.
Speaker 1: To me, it's just antiquated.
Speaker 3: It's it's no innovation, it's no you gotta think about it, like even right now. Three ways that radio used to lead in culture, concerts, records, and personalities. All the biggest personalities got on ship right, our biggest concerts for festivals, now records. Everybody get the record at nine o'clock or midnight out here, so radio is.
Speaker 1: Not doing anything.
Speaker 2: It's nine o'clock, there, is it not?
Speaker 1: Yea, we get the regular Yeah, we get it midnight, we get the record at nine.
Speaker 2: So y'all get it first.
Speaker 1: Technically it's the same same time. It's just different time. Time works.
Speaker 2: Brain freeze, yeah, brain freeze.
Speaker 1: I forgot in the three ways that radio was radio to charge. It doesn't. It doesn't take the lead anymore. So I would love to change.
Speaker 2: Those because radio used to be the only source spoil for a very long time.
Speaker 3: I like the Internet for a level in the plane, the playing field. But at the same time, radio has to adapt to the times, not the other way around.
Speaker 1: I always said that we have to go to where the people are. You got to meet people where they are, because before I can't expect people to come to you. Before it used to be newspaper, television, radio, that's it, that's it. And then technology took over. If it ain't on this right here.
Speaker 3: Now everybody got an app, everybody got extremely service. I just think that right now is the well Rail missed it. But there's a point in time where it's gonna be too late.
Speaker 2: I just think something's gonna buy radio and it's gonna be a big.
Speaker 1: Merge one day. I see Amazon buying.
Speaker 3: iHeart I see Serious Cyrus whatever, Serious buy what radio buying?
Speaker 1: What radio?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be some type of merger.
Speaker 1: I think Serious is. I think Serious is that Apple Music.
Speaker 2: Something's gonna happen where.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, Apple have they own radio now they don't, But I think I think what Serious XM is doing. What they did with Alex Cooper is something that I feel like is a game changes. So Alex Cooper has a podcast to call it Daddy Podcast. Uh. They gave her one hundred million dollars to acquire her podcast to be you know, to have them to you know, be the new house for it.
Speaker 3: But it's just distribution at that point. But radio is never going to go in here because it's the free medium media. And every time you have a free medium, it's always going how do.
Speaker 2: You make it entertaining enough to get more listeners?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: I think the people in power, the people in power need to get innovative and stop being afraid of change before a check.
Speaker 1: Like everybody. Everybody is a survival mode. I get it. But at the same time, you evolve or die, and I think it evolve. I think.
Speaker 3: I think the lack of innovation is where you go to die. Like for me, I always like for me, I always make people make a decision. I fuck with him or don't fuck with him, because indifference is where you go to die. It's like, oh, he cool. I never want to be all he cool. I either want you to fuck with me or don't fuck with me. Either way, I got some I gotta positive just some science. But I got a positive charge or negative charge. I need approachon or new trying to facts one of the two.
Speaker 2: All right, well, listen, man, we appreciate you pulling up on his brother Lakers and seven Lakers and seven before we go yeah, it's alway went wait when this episode, yeah, yeah, this episode comes out before.
Speaker 4: Because you said you said off camera, you said you made a certain prediction, and you said this prediction is gonna be accurate as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just, I'm just I'll trust my intuition and most of the times I'm shooting from the hip, But I'm always I'm never gonna not say Lakers.
Speaker 2: Okay, my biases are about the Clippers, though.
Speaker 1: Fun with the Clippers.
Speaker 3: They're not there right now, but so you don't think they can be. Okay, see if they get past the Nuggets. I don't the proper see the Nuggets, Bro, I really don't fuck with them. Niggas, fuck with I fuck with Denver. I just don't fuck with Nuggets. And you're not even all of it. I don't funk with Yo Kics.
Speaker 1: I just yeah, he always always giving. And I said this, I just don't like his stop him, and Paul Pierce said a bigger picture, Bro, it's not about I'm sorry, I'm sorry I said this in a bigger picture.
Speaker 3: I just don't like the Yo Kic's just not He don't give a fuck about basket like he can't he played basketball, he raised horses. He don't even funk about like the culture of the game. He don't give a fuck about nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like after the season is over, he's he's here.
Speaker 1: I'm a hollow at y'all.
Speaker 2: It's almost want to be there. I'm good at this ship. I'm here when it's over.
Speaker 1: Peace. It's no for nas.
Speaker 3: It's not like now I said this before, but now I totally understand why people don't like Kendrick because it's it's a lackluster approach to being a SuperStar's like he don't like that, don't even give like you watch the squab Lo video.
Speaker 1: He's just like rapping and he don't do interviews. You don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: That's how interviews no more, that's how yok Yokic don't give a fuck. He even celebrate with the with the team.
Speaker 2: I remember that, like he just whatever, like you see talked about his horses.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm ready to get back to my horses. The same thing.
Speaker 3: When I talked to Dot after the whole ship, He's like, man, whatever, like what's up?
Speaker 1: Like we're doing? Like he didn't even give a fuck that he like, I'm like, nigg you want he like whatever, He didn't even give a fuck. That's why I don't like yo Kic. Last question, last question before we go, because I think we over time. Do you think that that I already asked him that what you be friends? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, well no, I wouldn't say never. I don't see it happening. That's my own personal thing because we yeah, we discussed it.
Speaker 1: Got too he said, they got too personal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once, kids and all this shit, it's already, it's already. Will listen, man, tell people how to follow you one more time?
Speaker 1: My brother hit me everywhere at dj h ED makes you check in with effective immediately on that YouTube, that podcast, that radio show everything effective immediately. Just search my name dj h ED Effective for me.
Speaker 2: And when we come to La, we're coming on the show, right, all black la hat?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm gonna wear all black.
Speaker 2: What if I wear like a rari hat? I could just wear ririo? Yeah, that's what I do every time I go to LA.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, New gangs pop up every day in La.
Speaker 1: Gang, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: All right, damn how many listen? I think you were talking about geographically? I think when I looked at I think it was like over fifty thousand gangs or something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know the number, but it's a lot, like a lot, bro you doing?
Speaker 2: Everyone get locked up in l A either all that? Jesus, squabble up, squabble up.
Speaker 4: He man,