Speaker 1: Hey, Little Veda in this Bitch. Check me out on the Bootleg keV Podcast. We're gonna rent it up on the game.
Speaker 2: Oh yo, Boutleg keV Podcast Special guests here. Little Veda is here.
Speaker 1: Welcome Little Veda in this Bitch.
Speaker 2: What's up man?
Speaker 1: What's the deal?
Speaker 2: Bro? Well, I was just having this conversation with our buddy. I don't know if you know you know Gabe. See, he's blast DJ. He used to be a Power one six. He's uh DJ's on a serious.
Speaker 1: I might have heard of him.
Speaker 2: Uh, but we're talking about like la rap. Right, let's say southern California hip hop if you will. And uh, it's been a drought. The only thing in the last year that's popped is you and three and old.
Speaker 1: Baby yeah three shout out to him.
Speaker 2: And it's uh is the I mean you've you've kind of like figured out this, uh, this formula of yours. I want to get into it. But first of all, before we do that, like give me kind of some of your background. What part of cal are you from? Uh? How long you've been rapping me? Give me the whole rundown show. Shit, I'm from south central La. Me I'm twenty eight. I've been moving around all throughout LA, like my whole life, like since I was a baby. I don't know if you're familiar with all the streets, but I grew up on third ave of exposition, moved from there to like forty eighth and second half, efty, fourth and third out just like you were moving around.
Speaker 1: Moving around like every three or four years. My whole life, I was moving, but just all throughout LA. I went to Tom Bradley in elementary, I went to Pond's Middle School in uh Cuver City, and then I graduated high school at Dorsey High School.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that's what's up? Yeah, And so what about like because I barely maybe heard of you maybe about a year ago. Now you're I think him Beezy came up here where he was supposed to come up here, but his manager was here, and I think he manages you too, or he did, yeah he did yep. And he was like Yolo Vada and I was like I keep hearing that, and you were getting booked in Arizona like little spots. Who the fuck is this guy on me? And I'm not, I mean, I'm on TikTok. You go to my TikTok page. Check out my content. But I'm not on TikTok like that. Yeah, I'm not swiping and oh, what's this song on this?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: But you're going crazy on TikTok and shit, But how long? Like what's the music journey like for you?
Speaker 1: Like? Man, I really I've been doing music since twenty seventeen for real, but I didn't take it serious till twenty twenty. That's when I really put my foot on the gas and started getting on around the city. I had this song called Gangsters and Wretcht and I have put like four artists on it, like as Bad, Chef Boy Killer, a Front Fanatics. Then I got Roocie on it, so I can't yeah, shout out Roucie. I came off the rip trying to like be on some like unity right unit, bring everybody together, and I made like a banger and for the whole first minute of the song is just me gassing probably like I think like thirty two bards or something. And then everybody else got like a sixteen And that's what got me buzzing in the city for real in twenty twenty. And then I didn't blow up for real for real until wap it came out, right, That's what changed everything for me, changed my life. But that was just a year ago. That wasn't long ago. No, that was just a year ago. Before that, I was still working nine to five?
Speaker 2: Where was your last nine?
Speaker 1: Last line of five? Uh? Stizzy? I worked Stizzy warehouse dispensary at the warehouse.
Speaker 2: Though Steezy, you know they don't sponsors.
Speaker 1: They reached out once, right, Yeah, that was just like a little over a year ago probably, Like so.
Speaker 2: You were like just like helping with the like the package.
Speaker 1: Yeah, packaging everything, putting the labels on, shit like that. My last job on me just in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Like at the end, that's fire. Do you still get like Stizzy? Like if you need to know, No.
Speaker 1: I don't really go there like that. I don't really smoke like that big smoke. Nah. I just stopped drinking too. Oh good for you for the new year.
Speaker 2: What inspired you to stop drinking?
Speaker 1: Just I'll be going too crazy? Yeah, I'm a shot of clock every five minutes type of.
Speaker 2: And you're in the club a lot because you get booked in all the clubs.
Speaker 1: Now, I've been booked all year.
Speaker 2: So what was your like drink of choice, tequila, I'm assuming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for Cosa Migos red everybody off the Casa always.
Speaker 2: I just wonder when the tequila era is gonna end.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's ever going in.
Speaker 2: Because it went from like the Henny era, so Rock had to run us white boys had Fireball for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I never now it tasted that.
Speaker 2: Fire hose fire. What I was off that ship for like eight years of my life. That's crazy, but but it's it's one hundred percent. The pandemic created the tequila wave, think so oh yeah, because everybody was getting the d D and then they were able to go get that in the nineteen forty the nineteen forty two and the fucking Colossa zool and then Costa Migos just blew the fuck up in the pandemic. So now everyone drinks tequila, which is probably the best liquor health wise you could drink. Yeah, I mean, it's all bullshit. It's liquor. But if you had to pick.
Speaker 1: One, definitely gonna be.
Speaker 2: That's what's up? You have f cancer on your face? What inspired that?
Speaker 1: I lost my dad to cancer in twenty sixteen. Oh, Damn what kind of can pancreatic and then it wind up spread into his liver like later.
Speaker 2: That's tough. That's tough, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's what pretty much inspired me to even wrap for like tell my story and shit like that.
Speaker 2: It's dope too, because you know, when we think of like LA hip hop, a lot of people who don't live here or who just kind of perceive whatever LA hip hop or the scene is like here. I feel like sometimes they think of negativity first because of some of the politics, some of the gang stuff that happens here. But like, right, you know, I think back to like rewind to like two thousand and eleven, twelve, even twenty ten, the party music that was getting made you know, like YG even before that with the jerk movement, and you know what I'm saying. So it's dope to see like like the stuff we're talking about, like it's fun, it's party music, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like not definitely that uh, that wave like those years that you just mentioned at all, that's inspired my whole career and like you see the samples I'll be doing to be like a lot of songs from back then. That's when I was like in high school and going to the little clubs and ship you feel me here on YG Joe Moses tied out a sign all those I just I'm trying to bring back that type of energy.
Speaker 2: Just it's missing, feel me.
Speaker 1: It's definitely missing.
Speaker 2: It's missing in general in music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for show for show, like mostly out here though.
Speaker 2: I know, like no especially here, but just in general, Like I'm thinking, like damn, like the club records that I could play that are current, that are between like ninety five bpms and like one ten, it's just it's really your ship and three one oh baby, that's current. There's nothing else that's true. There's nothing else I don't even funk with.
Speaker 1: Under like like one ten no more. I'm should be like one twelve.
Speaker 2: And no, your ship's up there. Yeah crazy, I gotta beat match. So I'm curious. When I heard your stuff, I was like, there's no way any of these samples are clear.
Speaker 1: They are now. They are now, but they weren't for a while. Yeah, nah, hell no, because I was like, damn, yeah.
Speaker 2: This is motherfuckers. He's just running.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you feel me. I was just I didn't really know much about the business part of the music industry. When I was coming up, I was just young, hungry, and like I said, that era of twenty eleven, twenty twelve, YG and all that, I was like in love with that that era of music. So I just wanted to like put my own taste on those beats. So when I was coming up, you know, I didn't know nothing about clearance samples or anything. That I was just I hear a remix, I turned that motherfucker on and guess up. And then once I started catching some steam and I'm like, okay, I got to learn the business side, right. But that's when I started getting lawyers and you feel me?
Speaker 2: And why isn't it say, like did anybody anybody hit you? Like, does Tiger reach out to you and be like, hey bro, this is cool, but like I'm gonna need my bag.
Speaker 1: Tiger definitely reach out to me, and I don't know I'm gonna need my back. Shit. It was more on some let me help on remixed type shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, I don't know what happened, but that's the thing. It's like, yeah, get on the remix so then we can actually clear it.
Speaker 1: Right, got to have it. But I don't know, like I feel like all the artists that that's coming up right now is getting remixes with much more ease. I don't know if you notice that, but like like three ten Baby like Boom, he got like five popping, crazy ass artists on the remix, and I feel I haven't had that opportunity yet to.
Speaker 2: Just I think it's gonna happen. I think, so who I think, I think. I think a lot of it is like, well one like Soolk City. Solk City is a fucking big record. It's huge, huge record. And I think that you know, uh that his team is he's got a good team run. Yeah, for sure, he does have a great team of rush. Shout out to my guy, Gentry. I don't know what your team's like, so I can't speak to your team.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm independent for sure. I just got a manager, you feel me.
Speaker 2: Recently you just got a new manager because you told me you had your old manager.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have to get rid of that situation. But I do have a new man now. But I'm still independent, like I don't have to.
Speaker 2: Is your is your stuff just straight? Just ro kid?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh ship? So how hard is it too clear? These big records after they're already out.
Speaker 1: Well, it just depends on who you know for real.
Speaker 2: Because okay, what songs all together if you sampled so far.
Speaker 1: Ship because it's a lot as far all right, So as far as like after I got on wop It, Eat It Up Up, that's another one sample I sample lean back Well, you know the song is, yeah, Rex City, you feel me lean back up to me?
Speaker 2: The toughest was the toughest. Is the toughest one to clear usher? Yes, it has to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the toughest one. We got it all taken care of now, but that was definitely because that's a that's a mega hit, right.
Speaker 2: There's like one of the biggest songs ever.
Speaker 1: Me And that's that's one that I was like, I didn't touch it like them there. I think it was like four years into my career that I wanted to do it. I'm like, damn, I want to do yeah, but I'm like, that's too big of a hit. Let me let me chill on that one. As soon as I did it, wop It took off.
Speaker 2: Damn me.
Speaker 1: It's like, damn, it'd be like that though, Like songs that I that I want to do, like Rack city. I want to do that beat years ago. I'm like, let me just hold on to it. I gotta do something special.
Speaker 2: So do you have a producer that knows how to speed up the ship the way you like it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, I'm like them. My producer shout out load of great uh scumming Uno. And then my engineer he also producer, his name Marv. He makes a lot of I.
Speaker 2: Say, for what you do, an engineer really can just do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just my engineer, all right, So drums under it all the beats that I got that y'all hearing it don't sound like that when a producer send it to me. It sounds like some whole other ship.
Speaker 2: The engineer got to put his hands on here. Yeah, which is producing? Yeah for sure, definitely. Yeah, it's interesting because I liked it. I like it because what you're doing is it is it's just a new taste. It's fun, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And is there is is have you decided? Have you have you fucked around with doing anything not that isn't sample? Basic?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm about the I'm about the turn of my album actually today how.
Speaker 2: Much of it is samples? How much of it is because you're kind of known for that.
Speaker 1: The only samples are the songs that y'all heard already.
Speaker 2: Oh nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's.
Speaker 2: Like same bpm range though it's like that you're that's your bag.
Speaker 1: I'm versatile. I got a whole different range that people don't even know about. That's why I haven't been doing any interviews because I really been one people to just hear a different side of me first. You feel me right now? Everybody think I'm just the club guy. I got all these type of turn up bangers, which I do, but I got a whole nother side to me. So now that I'm about to put this project out, I'm open to like doing interviews, you know, just so people could get a different side of me. First.
Speaker 2: Well you you obviously you alluded to being fully independent like that can't be. Uh, everyone's got to be on your line though. I mean maybe not everybody, but a lot of people are banging.
Speaker 1: Their line I'm sure since the beginning.
Speaker 2: So what has been the reason why you haven't try to go with a label yet?
Speaker 1: I feel like I haven't reached my full potential yet.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because you're whatever deal you're saying, right, now they're going to fuck you in some capacity. I mean, I don't want to use the word fuck you, but but they might have the leverage you could. You could put this album out, build up a lot more leverage, and then come back to the table and get a much better deal properly. Yeah, definitely, that's crazy. Man. It's wild too, because man, I feel like, you know, there's been so many dope LA artists that I'm going to tell you this, be careful because sometimes I've seen this happen where people will overthink themselves out of being bigger because they want to stay independent a little longer.
Speaker 1: I see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I've seen this happen, and I mean some of the bigger LA names ever had a really big record. I'm not talking about recently. I'm talking about Le's say, the last ten or twelve years. I had opportunities to take deals and like maybe elevate things to another level and we're like, nah, not yet. So just be careful with that, you know, because you never know. If the album comes out and it doesn't do what you hope it does, then it can hurt you with your talks.
Speaker 1: Nobody noticed, but I'm putting my album out through a distribution coming.
Speaker 2: Oh you're doing distro, yeah, Empire not create, oh create shouts to create creates doing that thing. Yeah, yeah, that's a good creates. You want to partner like that, you know what I'm saying, somebody who's will give me some label services but not fucking exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh yeah, that's the way to go right there for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's smart. So I'm excited to hear what you guys. So is there any remixes being worked on? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a lot of h I got a lot of remixes on the way. I'm just I've just been saving everything for real, Yeah, just getting ready like for the album.
Speaker 2: Have you had like like a good experience with some of the OG's on the LA side of hip hop in terms, because you there's no way everyone's in the club here. They all are at fucking uh you know the clubs they're they're all Dragonfly, They're all at Kingpin Monday's, They're all here in your records, so they know your ship. Has it been a positive experience with any of these guys, anybody reached out like you said, Hey, I don't know how I you know, like you mentioned earlier like three one old Babies got five of these. He got mustard, blue Bucks, fucking blue face all on the remix.
Speaker 1: But honestly, I feel like, uh, I'm been having good and bad experiences. I'll say more bad than good for sure. Like a lot of people reach out to me. I'm not gonna throw them names out there, but niggas will reach out and be like, fuck with what you're doing with your movement, let's do something. And I'm in the studio night, I'm at the studio right now. What you're trying to do. I'll never hear from them again. Wow ever, And it just kind of make me feel like, damn, Like is it because I'm only doing remixes?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Maybe they don't. Maybe they don't think the record will get cleared. That might be it.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but I got that side handled though, well now they know, Yeah, we'll see. Maybe they fuck with me now.
Speaker 2: Nah. I mean either way though, that's that's that's dishing genuine though, Like, don't reach out to me if like we can't go get in and cut.
Speaker 1: Some I'm really but I'm really like from the slum, like I'm from La You feel me? So to get hit up by these people that I looked up to.
Speaker 2: It's a big deal.
Speaker 1: It's a big deal to me, Like I don't I don't like Hollywood about it or nothing. I'll take that ship to heart. When I first started blowing up off a whop It and Tiger DM me, I cried, I'm not even gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I cried because that was my first not because it was Tiger. It was just like, but that was my first time getting uh, getting notoriety from somebody.
Speaker 2: Big, and that reaffirms that you're on the right path exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about this at the very beginning of January. Whip people up. In December, I lick at my phone. I wake up from a nap when my son I look up Tiger wop It remix. I'm like, what the fuck? I show my mom. I started screaming. I couldn't believe it. That's so far because that's a moment that could change somebody life yet.
Speaker 2: Now, because I mean, even if nothing comes from that, it's like, well shit, if Tiger saw it and fucked with us, that means I'm on the right path exactly. I'm sure you've had other dms like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a shitload of him, But I'm saying that that first one, like that's what really got me emotion them for real. But I'm just saying like, throughout this process and this path that I've been on, I've run into a lot of situations like that, Like people will tap in with me and speak positive and then I'll never hear from you.
Speaker 2: What about the guys who you do hear from, who you have had positive experiences with? Who are they? Man?
Speaker 1: Shout out Tied Dallas Sign. That's like he's the best. I fucking love Tight all the Sign. I owe him everything.
Speaker 2: He's actually one of the more like genuine good human beings I've known him in twenty ten eleven. Yeah, and uh, I mean he just invited me out to Vegas and I was hanging out with him and his daughter and we were chilling with Kanye all night. He literally was like, man, come out, Kanye, and I was like the coolest night of my life, to be honest, I'm like in a room with like, I mean, you know, I'm there with Tie, but Kanye is there, and fucking.
Speaker 1: Legends Tiger's there and she's there, and yeah.
Speaker 2: A little Dirk was there uh Kid Cuddy was there. This is the album, This was in the fuck at the at the Four Seasons in Vegas and Kanye's Sweet. They were finishing the album and then it turned into like a party and then somehow India Love started cutting vocal. It was so ready, Bro, it was and I'm shrewed the fuck out and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like this, I can't fuck with the Strongs. Bro.
Speaker 2: I was like, this ship is crazy, all right? So you say Ti, Ti is the greatest shot shout out the time. Also one of the most talented human beings to ever do anything.
Speaker 1: Yes, legend, Yes, Tye YG for sure. Definitely fuck with each other Wiz which is great man. Wi's got a real good relationship.
Speaker 2: Love withz Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah's just a lot of the up and coming, like la artist that was on before me, Like I want to take Jay's.
Speaker 2: A Yeah, those guys like just I love o GZ man Yeah with him, Yeah, Oh, gonna have a long career man because he's a good dude.
Speaker 1: Man. Definitely men next four, I got a real good relationship.
Speaker 2: He's great too. I free him free x four because we we did an interview and I didn't know what to expect. Yeah, and he was like the coolest motherfucker.
Speaker 1: You got the real good sight of him.
Speaker 2: He was so funny and then like he saw I went, He saw I went hog hunting in Texas with that Mexicano T D D M. He's like, we gotta go do this. I was like, bro, let's go. He's like, no, for real, let's do it. I was like, let's go hunting, like free x four free him. Man, he's got he's gonna have if he can get his ship together, He's got a bright future most definitely. Oh yeah, damn yeah, you know. I want to hear you want a song on Blue Face though.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we got a song together.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard it.
Speaker 1: It cut, though nobody knows about it.
Speaker 2: I want to hear that that's on the way blue Faces again. Cool dude. A lot of people say what I want about blue Face. He's master on the internet. Though he has mastered the Internet. Man, It's crazy. It's really like, since six ' nine, no one has figured out the Internet better than him.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in terms of just like I'm not talking about anything and whatever you feel about sixth nine, when he was.
Speaker 1: Hot, he had the internet Internet on smash.
Speaker 2: He bro, he broke Man. I interviewed his baby mama and him six months ago, and I thought it was a joke and the Lightweight was a joke. It was like baby Mama music. And she put out the Stewie song and I told her to her face her music sucked and she got to deal with Columbia Records. God in heaven, Bro, who else can do that?
Speaker 1: But I don't think they even believed it was gonna be on that level, like when they first start, they didn't.
Speaker 2: But the Barbie record is hot, crazy, and it's like, who else could do that?
Speaker 1: Bro, that's insane.
Speaker 2: This is his son's and this is kid's mom. And he was like, you know what, I'm gonna show y'all, it ain't about her, It's about me, and I'm gonna put her on right. It's crazy. Shut out to the boothface man for your album is because because you're also like I feel like you do make party music, but like you could tell in these records that you could really wrap for real. We're gonna get a lot of bars on this project.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I'm spilling my heart out on this motherfucker.
Speaker 2: That's dope, man, because I do feel like like, even though these are party records, I could hear it. This foe could snap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you hear you hear the cans? Is there crazy?
Speaker 2: Any features on the album?
Speaker 1: Oh Death, blue Face, crazy Ones, blue Face not on it. But I got some. I got some big features. I'm not gonna say right now. I'm turning it in today. I got some big like global.
Speaker 2: Like shop Dog I got you said global?
Speaker 1: Damn, they're on that level though, Whiz.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's definitely Wize, that's global on that level. Ever know it's Wiz. What's on the album? He didn't say. No, what's the album coming out?
Speaker 1: I'm pushing for later this month, but I'm gonna get the release of Day and Everything today.
Speaker 2: What is your favorite? Because you've been getting booked at these clubs and I don't want you to run into the same problem I've seen guys. I'll even say A D. Who's my brother, so he knows I can I can speak about a day like this. When A D was out, he did so many clubs that I feel like it kind of burnt his brand out a little. I don't think you're doing that yet. Yeah, but is that something you're aware of?
Speaker 1: Most definitely? I just had this conversation with one of my homies. He like, I need to become more exclusive because since I just blew up last year, only been a year, that's how I've been getting money something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how you're supporting yourself because you're not getting because also, I mean, the streams ain't paying.
Speaker 1: Like that ship a lot of streams man.
Speaker 2: But but you, for example, if you if you go and pick up a five bands from a club, that's like a one point one million streams on Spotify because the streams thirty what you mean stream thirty million stream you know what I'm saying. So like you could go, like I was looking at ship like streaming numbers, like all right, we if you can go do this party and get three million dollars or three million streams worth of money real quick? What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: But you also, like you said, like you gotta be careful because I said with a D when Ad had juice, that motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Was every man.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I remember that he lived in the club. Yeah, And I don't know if it hurt him or I mean him and I have talked about it, so I think I think it hurt him a little though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it can hurt you. I just started turning down bookings like for like maybe like in the last three or four months.
Speaker 2: And I mean, look to be fair of the LA club scene isn't what it was before the pandemic.
Speaker 1: What trust me.
Speaker 2: I know RP to playhouse. But it's still a thing, but it's not like what it was. It's not but like you can still go hit Scottsdale and Arizona is my spot. Yeah, you get booked in Arizona.
Speaker 1: I'm out there, like I've been out there like more than any.
Speaker 2: It's pretty crazy. I remember we were talking like early on when you were bubbling you know my club group check is I own a club out there? And uh my boy was like yo, we could do a little Veda. Somebody replying there like I saw this motherfucker at a brunch of club who collabed the same weekend.
Speaker 1: When I go to Arizona, I'll run it up. I'll be everywhere. Yeah, brunch House eleven eleven pretty please, Airbnb parties, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a vibe man over for sure. Anything else you're working on or anything else you want to talk about, man.
Speaker 1: Uh shit, I'm working on my clothing line. My f cancer. Oh no, Yeah, I'm trying to set up something on my album where percentage of the proceeds that I make to go towards like a cancer organization.
Speaker 2: Make sure it's like one that, Like I feel like some of the bigger ones, there's so much bureaucracy wrapped up and like where the money goes.
Speaker 1: It's a lot. Yeah, you always got to worry about that, but it's coming from a genuine place from me.
Speaker 2: No, that's amazing for me.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, my clothing line that should be out like around when my album come out. Trying to set up everything. Shit, just be ready for my album. It's gonna be sixteen songs, twelve of them gonna be brand new, a lot of hot features, a lot of styles that y'all never heard from me before.
Speaker 2: Not to end the interview on a somber note, but obviously that you know you're losing your dad to cancer is a big deal to you, a big deal to anybody who for you. What would be some advice if someone lost a parent, What would be the vice you would give to them? How to cope, how to more and how to get through it, how to get on the other side of it, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh well, first let me explain to you how it even happened. First, So pretty much twenty sixteen, I was working at FedEx, just to work at the warehouse at Lax and you know, when he first got diagnosed with it, that shit hurt, you feel me. But he was taking all the precautions to get rid of it, like everything I'm talking about to a t. Everything wake up at this time, take this, you feel me. Coffee, enemas, salads, like everything.
Speaker 2: Everything.
Speaker 1: So he got rid of it. He got rid of the pancreatic cancer, and he got rid of it for about two months. Then he came to my house one day. He was like I came back to his livery though. So I'm like, damn, here this go again. So after that happened, I'm working, I'm working. You know, he's still doing the shit he can't. My mom came to my job at FedEx. My mom don't go nowhere, like she literally don't leave the house. So when my manager like my mommy, I'm like, what the fuck, I'll rested the front. She's like, oh, they gave him two months. I'm like, wow, damn, yeah, that shit hit different. I left the job you feel me crying all type of shit. And then after that day, it was about two weeks. It was about two weeks. My stepmam wind up calling me from the hospital. She's like, yes, that time, So I rush up there. When I got there, he taking like like a breath, like every forty five seconds or thirty seconds, barely hanging on. So what a lot of people don't know is I actually got to see my dad take his last breath.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like literally the last one. Her whole family standing over room like trying to touch him a little bit, like make sure he stay up. And once he took that last one, he was out. So that right there, like seeing that was so detrimental to me. That what sparked like me to even do music. You feel me so me like growing up and even being able to sit right here with you is like like whoa. It's like a real testament to my journey. Like I can't even believe I'm here.
Speaker 2: You're lucky to have been there with him. No, definitely right because because I had it both ways. So my grandpa when he passed away, I was holding his hand. Well yeah, and I was. It was me and my cousin in the room with him because he was in hospice and they knew he was gonna die, so they brought him back to my family's house. So I was holding his hand literally while he died. So I felt, I don't want to say I felt good about it, but I felt like at peace with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: During COVID, my grandma died of COVID in a nursing home and they wouldn't let us be with her because of COVID, so she died alone. That shit fucked me up because you're like, damn, like we wanted to be there, but this COVID bullshit, they wouldn't let anybody in the nursing home. So my grandma passed away by herself. We don't know what she was thinking. We don't know nothing. You know what I'm saying, You're You're lucky to have been with you.
Speaker 1: For sure. I don't take that for granted at that moment, just like that's like a real you know, I hope that ship.
Speaker 2: Right here, Like nah, that s dope is a part of your mission now, definitely.
Speaker 1: But as far as advice, I would say, if you lost anyone, you feel me for anybody that lost someone, Find something to not take your mind off of it, because nothing gonna take your mon.
Speaker 2: Pour the pain into something.
Speaker 1: Into something that's exact something for sure, some productive.
Speaker 2: You can pour it into something negative exactly, you know.
Speaker 1: Pour in something positive. You feel me, find something if it's going to the gym, whatever, you feel me, find something that's gonna feel you and like make you put on for your person you lost.
Speaker 2: Well, you've done a good job.
Speaker 1: Man, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Salute on the success. I look forward to hearing the album. And you got an everything album.
Speaker 1: King of Ratch you Ratchet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what we've been missing in l A, y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna stamp that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna make Joe, Moses and YG and everybody proud.
Speaker 1: I got he Oh hell yeah. And I'll be doing shows with Joe, Moses and all that. We got a show on much fourth now.
Speaker 2: Joe's the greatest, and he's such a nice guy, and he's like a real o G. And he got a hot record right now. He's got. Joe's good for like every three or four years, just a.
Speaker 1: Joint outside of something crazy for sure, Joe Man that remix on the way too.
Speaker 2: Oh ship there it is man lit Vader, I appreciate you pulling up brother Sirch
Speaker 1: That you for having