Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of and now welcome to the stage, Oprah trend.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's up, it's bees.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite early Internet meets peas Oprah telling people to look under their seats when they knew these she screams, it's peace. Uh, great work by the Internet all those many years ago. My name is Jack. That over there is Miles.
Speaker 2: That is my name.
Speaker 1: That is your name. And these are some things that are a trending on Thursday, August twenty second, Yep, yep, night three, night three baby, and what a star studded spectacle. I only caught the red carpet beforehand, so I saw the stars arrive and get asked what they're way airing?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: It was very it was people seem to be impressed. I've not been watching.
Speaker 2: It's such a spectacle. Man like it.
Speaker 3: It is wild, Like you know, obviously, the the energy is something much better than if like people were like, oh, wow, Joe Biden is going to lose to Donald Trump, and I think now that yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't even know.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what that would look like. It would maybe feel even weirder than this.
Speaker 1: The thing is like trying to force it probably right, you know, it's just look the same, but just the energy, the vibes would be so shifted and.
Speaker 3: Yeah it would be yeah exactly, but like it's just it truly is a spectacle to dazzle onlookers and like behold the cultural might of the Democrats. Like even like you know, we called it Oprah Trenfrey. Even when they like I saw, like, oh, Oprah there was going to speak to I was like I was even me.
Speaker 1: Said yeah, and about it, I got Oprah.
Speaker 3: He's like, well, she wrote me a nice letter. I think they like released a letter that she had written to them, like him in the past or some shit. But I mean, yeah, like the NonStop appearance is like you know, it's Oprah, Mindy Kaling, Keenan of the Bill Clinton, all of them like that, and John Legend doing an offensive rendition of Prince's Let's Go Crazy.
Speaker 2: I anyway, is that all of that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like one of my ak's where I finish it and then you say, and what song was that supposed to be? And I have to explain it to you.
Speaker 2: Oh that was Prince Prince Prince Charles.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like but I mean, like when you see all of these huge sort of mainstream celebrities. It really like reinforces the message that like what the Democrats are putting out like this is the mainstream, this is where the normis is at.
Speaker 2: Are you in or are you out?
Speaker 3: And yeah, Tim Walls gave a I was in speech that a lot on him.
Speaker 1: By the way, we called him Walls, we called him Waltz, we called him Walls. He says Walls, Walls from the windows.
Speaker 3: To the until some until he until he fucking gets in my fucking grill and tells me.
Speaker 1: To say it another way. You want me to say your name, right, say it to my face.
Speaker 3: It's false actually, but yeah, he you know, he accepted the nomination. Made everybody feel good inside. He's like the one. He's like that guy who you really forget like that. There are real big problems with like what the Democrats are running on. You're like, ah, but this guy dude, like he reminds me of my friend's dad.
Speaker 2: Thought was cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, so very masterful choice there with him.
Speaker 1: And I didn't think he was gonna accept it. I was.
Speaker 2: I was accepted. That's like I got so. I had a lot of.
Speaker 1: Money riding on this man.
Speaker 3: Might take a little different I I I expected him to be a little more humble, you know, he's always everyone was talking about how humble he is.
Speaker 2: But then he just went right up there and accepted then and went up So.
Speaker 1: We didn't even have to ask him three times. You just accepted it outright. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Ah, No, I really should come on, tim, Oh no, no, there are plenty other people that.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, yeah, yeah, okay, I accept.
Speaker 1: We didn't want to talk about and culture making fun of his son. Oh yeah, she's taking her post down.
Speaker 3: But yeah, because that aid well a child for being excited, you know, just like again every time they're finding some fucking person's child to be like, whoa.
Speaker 1: Their children don't talk to them anymore?
Speaker 3: Yeah right, exactly, Like that kid cried because he was so happy about his dad. I don't know about you, folks, but the only crying I did was because my dad came home.
Speaker 2: Okay, we want.
Speaker 1: To talk about weird Their kids still talk to them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know anybody whose kids do since twenty sixteen, twenty twenty. But while again, while all this is happening and it all feels good to have, you know, Bendy Kaling from the office and Nancy Pelosi and everybody come talk, you know, the outside the United Center there was there's still, i believe till now, there's a sit in happening over the DNC and the Harris Walls campaign's refusal to have a Palestinian speaker get on stage, even for a fucking tiny slot.
Speaker 2: They're letting like billionaires go up there and be like wooh when I made my billion to the.
Speaker 3: Dollars, like you know, and but again they're not even allowing a Palestinian American to speak on that stage. They allowed the family of someone that was taken hostage to speak, and they even acknowledged Palestinian people, but the DNC Kamala Harris's campaign not willing to have someone that was coming from the uncommitted movements, like you know, the list of speakers. They apparently did everything they could to try and appease the DNC and Harris like, here's.
Speaker 2: A list of people. You can go through, pick anyone you want.
Speaker 3: Do you want to see a script of what they're going to say before to like wide up and down anything here? It is guess what, we can even find a Palestinian American that is willing to endorse Kamala Harris on fucking stage, but just give us the moment to be human and appear in front of other human beings. And this very when, when all of the attention from the party is on this stage, what is going on? Because you know, for all the talk about like I mentioned it, about the Democratic platform as it related to the Middle East, you know, they're saying things like, you know, we equal, we value both Israeli and Palestinian lives equally, Yeah, both sides, and that yet we are with that that is not actually being born out in what we're seeing on stage. And it's just such an easy fucking thing to accommodate. Yet these people that are running her campaign and I'm sure herself the party, they would rather spend all of their capital on having like celebrities to like blind people from like the dark reality of like one of like something where we really need to reckon with, something we really need to grapple with, because we had the America already has a problem of quickly calling people, you know, categorizing people as human or not human. And this is such a huge stain on American foreign policy right now to not even allow someone to speak up there is like really fucking painful. Uh, and just sort of underscores the failure of like the Democrats to even like pretend, you know, for all the talk of like how they're about acknowledging people's humanity and how they will protect the rights of people, just completely like erasing the tragedies that have befallen Palestinians and by extension, Palestinian Americans and other people in America is just.
Speaker 2: A big fuck you.
Speaker 3: And uh, yeah, like this is just ignoring a huge part of your coalition of supporters that you.
Speaker 1: Need completely taken them from granted. Muslim Women for Harris pulled their support for the Democratic nominee after they just got a flat no on whether they'd be able to have somebody speak at the convention, like on the last day too. I mean that's they left them hanging and then told them no last minute they said, we cannot in good conscience continue. Muslim Women for Harris walls and light of the new information from the Uncommitted Movement, the VP Harris's team declined their request to have a Palestinian American speaker take the stage of the DNC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they offered a consolation prize apparently like a private meeting, but it's like no, no, no, Like it's it's very much about being PubL scene. It's very much about being seen and not catch to the shadows like the again, just the ongoing armament of the Israeli government as they just unleashed this violent campaign. So uh yeah, I mean this always seemed like this always seemed like the one thing that they're just not going.
Speaker 2: To be able to get right, and.
Speaker 1: They are not surprising us on that one.
Speaker 3: But I think it, I think it really lays bare, Like this whole idea of when you hear politicians talk about like you know, like we've got to get a handle on things like police violence or these other things that are affecting people, like especially people of color. They're just those things that that affect people of color, whether it's domestically or abroad, just are not important.
Speaker 2: They are not important.
Speaker 3: They are like and I know they're having some family members of people that have been killed by like you know, by the police to be there, but again, like both conventions, like these people are used as props to sort of create the veneer that these things are being taken seriously, but like to not even have someone again, someone who would even endorse on stage, like the fact that even the unc like even though they were not even committed based on a lot of the things that people were asking for, like like an arms embargo and really leaning on the government for a like a meaningful permanent ceasefire.
Speaker 2: I just yeah, it's to.
Speaker 3: Give up something like that, like, yeah, fuck it, Well, you can have someone say the magic words on stage that I feel like for their campaign, they would love nothing more than someone to go up there and say that, so they could just continue to be like all right, let's.
Speaker 1: Just how they Yeah, yeah, how they fuck that one up.
Speaker 2: I mean it's clear how they fucked it up.
Speaker 3: But it's just like it's just that, you know, there's there are all these like moments where you you understand the limits of like liberalism and being able to completely stop the machine of like imperialism and the like military industrial complex, Like that's just a a bridge too far, and if they did that, it would become something completely else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back or back. And so yesterday's episode, we had a story that we didn't get to about this new Megalopolis trailer that I thought was pretty effective. It was being called like the most defensive movie trailer of all time. Right it is for Francis fo Coppola's Megalopolis, which is getting extremely let's say, divisive critical reactions right when it screened.
Speaker 3: It con not to mention like the production behind the scenes contraction and like sexually harassing people.
Speaker 1: So the trailer opens with a montage of shitty reviews of past Coppola movies like The Godfather and Apocalypse Now. So they have like a sloppy, self indulgent movie over The Godfather, a spectacular failure over Apocalypse Now. And I was like, all right, like that's I think that's kind of interesting if they like found these reviews of people who like thought Apocalypse Now and The Godfather sucked, Like, you know, we we definitely memory hold the messiness of like people not being unanimous about a thing that we recognize as good now that like they might not have recognized as good at the time. I was like, this is interesting, this is interesting. They have since taken that trailer down and apologized because those reviews were not real.
Speaker 3: They were dude, they were fucking attributing and shiit to like Pauline Kale and like some of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah film critics, and they were just like making them up truly, like.
Speaker 3: People were like these aren't like these aren't these aren't real, Like these aren't I don't even know how I was to say it, Like no one ever said that. And also I think a lot of people are like that. People were fucking with The Godfather pretty quickly, pretty like right, like it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't like I don't know apocalypse now.
Speaker 3: Sure maybe like to people a second, but like from everything I've read and not just known about, like the history of that film and winning awards like that did not seem like a thing.
Speaker 2: People are like, what the fuck is this mess?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure like every director is probably a little like Michael Jordan in the sense of like they're like and I took that personally, and it's like a misplaced comma that they read as like, you know, being about them or something in a review, even if it's you know, like well, I will look for the negative comment, like I see of nice con nice people saying nice things, so I get it.
Speaker 3: But when they are people of this big people tend to remember even they themselves like, yeah, I never actually said this.
Speaker 2: So so they had to take it down.
Speaker 3: Lions Gate, who was a distributor, they had to fucking post some things to say. Quote Lion's Gate is immediately recalling our trailer for Megalopolis. We offer our sincere apologies to the critics involved into Francis Ford, Coppola and American Zoetrope for this inexcusable air in our vetting process.
Speaker 2: We screwed up up. We are sorry.
Speaker 1: Wow. We rarely get you rarely get a full throated we screwed up, guys. We screwed up.
Speaker 3: And it makes you think maybe in the making of this trailer someone may have used some.
Speaker 2: AI, some generative AI.
Speaker 1: You think these hallucinations of an AI where they mean that's at least at than.
Speaker 2: Being like noth fuck it, just make up whatever you want.
Speaker 1: It's also exactly how AI works really is like that. You know, you know what would be amazing is if we could find like really shitty reviews for The Godfather, like at the time, let's throw that in to you know, the search engine, and wow, they found the thing we were looking for. Exactly what AI does? They hallucinate the thing that they think you want them to find.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, look, the movie is such a fucking spectacle that you know, I'm noting.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty curious.
Speaker 1: I need to know how to I'm very curious. Yeah, or good, it's it looks like a true mess. I can't wait. Let's speaking of looking like a true mess. Uh.
Speaker 2: We got some more people going undercover at the.
Speaker 3: DNC Donnie Brasco on him, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Matt Walsh, Husband of the Century. Yeah, that went went undercover and he had a wig with a red baseball cap on, dude, don't go red baseball cap. That's gonna make some connections to the back of people's minds.
Speaker 3: Immediately people are probably clocking a red hat at the d n C. They'd be like, who's this maga fuck? Yeah, and then they're like, wait, it looks like Matt Walsh with a very flammable nylon cheap wig on mad he do.
Speaker 1: You have it like pull back in a ponytail? Is that what's going on?
Speaker 3: I think it's like he just bought a fuck it looks like a bag wig you buy for a costume.
Speaker 2: But it was like so.
Speaker 3: Long he didn't know how to cut it, so he just tucked half of it behind his ear. It just again he does not You're not low, Matt Walsh. People saw you immediately. One journalist spotted him fucking immediately. It was like, hey, Matt Walsh, is that you? And he looked at the guy and he said, no, I'm not, and.
Speaker 2: Then that you know I'm not.
Speaker 3: Then the journalists followed up, followed up, I know it's you. Matt Walsh replied that man is dead. I'm a new man now. Wow okay, And he was out there with a fucking like he was with a camera guy trying to do his dumb gotcha ship again, because that's all they're fucking there to do is run a.
Speaker 1: White guys for Harris T shirt. Yes, they think that that's so funny that there's like a group of white guys for Harris. Like no.
Speaker 3: Is He's like, I'm playing conservative, you know, undercover actually just like being himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean people pointed out the skinny jeans or they're like, is that his part of his costume? But he actual, you love skinny jeans, So that was a dead giveaway to Maddie.
Speaker 1: It is kind of a mess of just like he as the glasses the like Willie Nelson wig his actual megabard, Yeah, bagbone jacket, suit jacket with like a bunch of buttons on it.
Speaker 3: You're doing a lot, man, You're doing a lot because just as equally you could be wearing no regalia and probably blend into like the fact.
Speaker 2: Is like I need to wear it all.
Speaker 3: I just have full regalion and I will fit right in. But then also not just Matt Walsh fucking my pillow guy. Mike Lindell was also there in disguise, but his disguise was even fucking better because he just shaved off his dumb fucking mustache and that was it, and then around.
Speaker 1: A baseball hat and sunglasses on like he's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like anamile.
Speaker 1: In the nineteen eighties, Like psa.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was, dude.
Speaker 3: This guy was spotted by a literal twelve year old named Noah, who is like making content talking to people like at the convention, and he pulled This kid pulls up on Mike Lindell talking about, hey man, like how we know how come we're rejecting the election results? And Mike Lindell's ass just gets into a full on scream.
Speaker 2: Debate with a child twelve year old child with.
Speaker 3: A child over this and it's just wild because this kid is just like smarter than most people he talks to and just not having it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's in your state. You want to know more in your state, you just don't. Fifty two hundred and fifty seven thousand votes just happened last week. A judge ruled in Georgia that are missing. He is in this kid's face. Yeah, this just came out.
Speaker 1: You're behind.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't. So your sort is trust me, bro, the schors.
Speaker 3: It's in your papers in Georgia, so your sources trust me, bro.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: He's over.
Speaker 1: He's bent over, like with it, hands on his knees like you would if you were talking to a child, and being like and how were you for Halloween? But he's screaming at him.
Speaker 2: And he goes, I know someone. She's a Democrat. She got vote shooting even she even running. And the kids like what's her last name? He's like, I can't tell you that.
Speaker 3: He's like, why, that's that's proof, Like, you tell me the names. I can verify what you're saying.
Speaker 2: And he's, oh, no, a nice try. You're like, okay, dude, just get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: That's how they get you, twelve year olds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how they get you every damn time with their little polo shirts on.
Speaker 3: You're like, okay, dude, just fucking go go fucking fade off. But yeah, I'm sure there'll be another one, probably today. Apparently today is the day they will actually talk about climate change.
Speaker 2: So that's good. A lot a lot of people are waiting.
Speaker 3: We're like, wait, wait, what about that other horrible existential I mean, I get democracy, that's a stake too.
Speaker 2: What about the Earth? What are we doing here for that?
Speaker 3: So that'll be I think one of the big themes tonight, along with Kamala Harris, like officially accepting the nomination and that whole thing.
Speaker 1: When we fight, we win, except for climate change climate asterisk. Climate change does not actually count when we fight that We actually just we only wept up.
Speaker 3: We only fight. Yeah, we only fight. Who are top dollar donors tell us to fight?
Speaker 1: That's right, that's it. A couple other things like RFK. The one of the heads of Project twenty twenty five is on the Timpool Show just glowing about the RFK Junior potential endorsement uh and is throwing out not just Health and Human Services but also heading up a CDC and the FDA for potential cabinet positions for our simultaneously. I think, yeah, I think they're ready to just give him the whole goddamn thing fun. They're want to sweet sweet in the pot and just I think we talked about this when we first covered RFK, but he went to American Samoa and like really gassed up like the anti VACX movement there at a time when it was growing, and eighty nine eighty three people died in a measles outbreak. So like, this is the type of shit that if you put someone like that in charge of policy, like people die, like children die.
Speaker 2: Oh, and then he will go and be like I never I never said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his responses would. I was not there. I was in American Samoa, like, uh, because I wanted to find out about those cookies that the growth cookies. Oh no, that's that's not even.
Speaker 3: Their Yeah, so yeah, it's all bad there.
Speaker 2: I was also reading, which is interesting.
Speaker 3: One of the big things when Biden stepped down was actually a pretty significant a portion of RFK support went to Kamalop and then so what he's left with now are people that would probably end.
Speaker 1: Up going to Trump.
Speaker 3: It seemed like there were people who were just not who didn't want a Biden Democrat ticket.
Speaker 1: Why what was their problem?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. I don't get this whole thing about I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Respect your mummies.
Speaker 1: Everyone, all right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with.
Speaker 2: The whole last episode of the show.
Speaker 1: Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye.