Speaker 1: Hey that folks. It is Thursday, December eighteenth. Through that math, robes how many days you got left to shop before Christmas?
Speaker 2: Well, Christmas is exactly one week from today, all right, so we have seven days? Well no, because Christmas Eve would be the last day you could possibly write shop. You can't shop on Christmas Day?
Speaker 1: Does anybody?
Speaker 2: I guess you could go to seven eleven?
Speaker 1: I am so sure that's happened before. But hey, folks, you're not going to be in that position, because even if you are, we got a gift in hand today. It is Gift fourteen in our series of our holiday Gift Guide, and this is for anybody in your life if you'd like to elevate their armpits. Welcome everybody to Amy and TJ Robes. This is a really interesting gift today because it comes from a very good and respected brand. Right don't people love this brand?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, it's a very hot brand. If you walk into Sephora, you'll see this everywhere there.
Speaker 1: It is, folks, So that is what we're giving you today. I say, elevate the armpits because this is the salt and stone many deodorant set. Now Robes put in some kind of context. What you know about Salt and Stone. I've seen the name plenty of places. They make cool looking products. They're packaged in such a clean way that they get my attention. But they're known for having great fragrances.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're packaged beautifully elegantly, and yes it smells wonderful they have. I actually have used their shower gel, their body lotion. They just their scents are so clean and fresh. I love the way their products smell.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go, folks, And a reminder here as we get into the Salt and Stone Many Deodorant Set that we are not paid endorsers of any of these products that we reviewed. Our producers at iHeart sent them to us for us to review, so you can tell we're not getting paid, especially after you hear some of what we have to say about this product. But the Salt and Stone Mini Deodorant Set, it is described as a travel friendly set of four mini deodorans in Salt and Stone's most iconic sense, perfect for exploring the brand, gifting, or tossing in a gym bag. Now, what do you think about that? They are packaged like they're perfect little sizes.
Speaker 2: I love the size Obviously, we travel a lot, so this is nice to be able to not take up a lot of space. And I would actually say that the fragrances are so wonderful you could probably even skip bringing the perfume. Seriously, they smell that good. I actually don't think you could use this deodorant and then put on a competing fragrance. It's a powerful fragrance, so it actually would double as a perfume and a deodant all in one.
Speaker 1: All right. The company continues to describe these as aluminum free formulas that offer up to forty eight hours of odor protection using seaweed extracts and an acid I can pronounce to keep skin moisturized, plus pro biotics to help neutralize odor. Now the sense most of them I can't pronounce either. But one of them is described as a warm Australian sandalwood cedar, another a crisp a crisp eucalypsus and orange blossom. Another a deep smoky rose blended with sandalwood and shit, another a fresh orange blossom with basil, jasmine and green she stole leaf. I'm not kidding you all. I cannot pronounce or nor have I heard of several of these things, these ingredients in these.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm laughing at what you skipped over. And I can't necessarily even help with some of the words that they use, but it looks like they're natural and really rare herbs that we all want to smell like.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that is what this company brags about. They say they create skincare and self care essentials inspired by nature and design for a life lived in motion, blending active ingredients from the sea and mountains with skins in science and elevated fragrance. How does that sound? They call themselves experts and functional fragrance.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good I actually appreciate that sentence. I mean, who doesn't want to have something actually be of use where you're actually serving a purpose and at the same time smelling good.
Speaker 1: I think this will start a former professional surfer. I think started it with somebody who was very active and outside and understood the body being natural and the type of things you need. This is where it came from.
Speaker 2: Look, every time we've talked about this plenty, but when we start the New York City Marathon for whatever reason, you get people from all around the world, and I'll just say this without singling out any country. It just there are some countries and some cultures that don't really think that deodorant is necessary. And so there's just this stretch when you're all packed in the New York City Marathon. It's the very beginning of the race, going over the horizontal bridge. It is the smelliest and I could pass out these salt and stone deodorants before I would would pack up next year, like please, you know, for you and for me.
Speaker 1: Ah, but the company and again the fragrances that we're going to get into here. The reviews, everybody was raving just like you are about the fragrances. But again, it's supposed to be a natural alternative. I didn't realize a lot of people seek out aluminum free aluminum free dealders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are a lot of people who believe that there are cancer causing or some sort of connection to disease. When you put metals, aluminum, et cetera near your body or on your body, and certainly under your arms, you're right there near your lymph nodes. Your skin is your most porous organ. So yes, we should all be careful about what we choose to put on our skin. Because that is our our body's largest organ.
Speaker 1: So this is a big deal for a lot of people to find a product like this, one that's well made now and one that smells good. So this seems like a very good option. I go to the reviews on Amazon, like you often do, and I was very curious to know what you made of this. Overwhelmingly, yes, five star reviews sixty four percent. Four star reviews were at ten percent, so that means Robes the one to three star ratings made up a quarter of all of the reviews. What do you make it as well?
Speaker 2: It's funny, So that's still seventy five percent positive reviews. But as I've been looking at Amazon and all of our products, this is probably the least. But still it still is overwhelmingly positive. But yes, we're not at the ninety percent, et cetera range of positive reviews.
Speaker 1: And the way you spoke of it just a moment ago, you were just smelling these But everybody seems to agree. It has, yes, a great smell, it lasts for a while, and it is strong but not overpowering. Everyone said the same thing. You can smell it and it smells good, but it's subtle, A smooth thing because it's natural.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I will get into this, but I have used these products and I have specifically used this yodor and Ana. Lisa and I got really excited when we went and bought this at Sapphora actually a couple months ago, and we were I mean, it smelled amazing.
Speaker 1: So every like overwhelmingly you rereade through a few, and that's something that everybody mentions. They also robes. A lot of people say they have tried a lot of natural deodorants before didn't work for them for whatever reason, so they're excited to try this one and they found one that works and they love it. You just made a point about putting on another scent. Some said that it's not overpowering, but it's enough to make you feel fresh and clean, like you don't have to put on yo.
Speaker 2: That's pretty Yeah, well you smell good. You don't have to put on perfume or anything else because you trust me, Like I definitely could. You know, you can smell if you've got perfume work. I could smell just this way. I smelled like a spa. I smell like a walking spot, which is a good thing I think for most people.
Speaker 1: I would love for you to walk around and smell like a spa all day, whether it's this product or whatever you choose, use, everyone said. And I was a little taken aback because I didn't know if this was pile with the deodorant. A lot of people report it going a couple of days and this stuff.
Speaker 2: They claim that you can go forty eight hours with this deodorant. Look, I definitely shower at least once every twenty four hours, so when you shower, you need to reapply. So I'm guessing people skip showers and just maybe they're.
Speaker 1: Out and at the gym or out camping or whatever it may be. Is a product for those that makes sense. And I just put down this one quote. Somebody said, I never have bo that's a pretty good endorsement.
Speaker 2: That's what you're looking to achieve when you put on deodorant.
Speaker 1: And like we said, seventy five percent positive ratings. So what will those other twenty six percent talking about? We will explain, And there is a consistent and pretty disturbing trend in these negative reviews. And Amy Robot herself didn't write in a review, but she certainly can agree with some of it. We'll explain that. Plus we'll always, as always will tell you where you can get it, how much it can stay here.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everyone. We are on gift number fourteen on our Holiday Gift Guide and we are talking about Salt and Stone, a great company with phenomenal products. They have a mini deodorant discovery set. It's actually a really cute stocking stuffer or just a cute small present under the tree. And look, a lot of young girls I think would really love this. It can absolutely double us perfume. The smells are amazing, and seventy five percent of the reviewers on Amazon said it was perfect.
Speaker 1: But like you said, for most of the products we have reviewed, they had higher percentages of positive reviews and certainly lower percentages of what you would call negative. Now, I said between one to three star made up twenty six percent of the reviews.
Speaker 2: Eleven percent or one star see and that is significant because I will tell you all the other gifts that we have reviewed, the one the one star, every one of them had it was one percent, So there is it's a cautionary tale. It's still a wonderful present, and I still think it's worth trying to see if your body adapts well to these deodorants, but will explain why I was. Actually, I laughed and I felt very validated when I read you wrote down some of the negative reviews, and it was exactly my experience.
Speaker 1: You told me about it before I started reading the reviews. Once I started reading the negatives, I'm telling you, every single one mentioned the same thing, and that is an irritation to the point of even developing a rash and certainly burning to an extent. It's not even just uncomfortable, but painful. And I guess, Robes, I don't get this, but you have to check to see if your body chemistry sometimes works with these natural that's true.
Speaker 2: And so for the first day, maybe even two days, I was like, this deodorant is amazing. I love how I smell, and it works and it's great. But I think it was around day three or so, all of a sudden I noticed I had some pain under my arms. And by the next day it was as if I had been imagine if you were sunburned on your armpits, and I was like, oh my gosh. And it took about two days for it to go. Wait, it was in a very painful rash.
Speaker 1: You said it was the next day, but how many applications as I think.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was like what happened was each I felt a little tiny sensation like ooh, that's a little uncomfortable. But I kept putting it on, thinking my body will get used to it, and it kept getting worse, and by day four I was like, I can't use this ever again.
Speaker 1: Okay with an analyse had a much different experience.
Speaker 2: She did so she actually went through and used her uh, her deodorant, and she loved it so much that she bought another one. And it was when she bought the second one, huh. And I don't know if she switched sense, I'll have to ask her, but same same company. And she came home from college she's like, mom, I can't use the deodord anymore. Look what's happened to my arms? And she showed me it was bad. She had a full blown rash. She was like, it's so painful. I can't move my arm. I was like, yep, that happened to me, but she it was weird. She was fine for like a month, I guess.
Speaker 1: And so that is Ule's experience is exactly. There are some who are reporting it happened immediately. They never went to roll it on again. Some reported went for a week, two weeks, went for a while. I was using I thought this was my jam, and then it happened. But what you're getting wrong. There are certain places on your body you don't want to burn, you don't want to cut.
Speaker 2: They're just certainly they're extra painful.
Speaker 1: That is one place under your arms, people you oh god. So they also described something about and you tell me like when they put it on, it was kind of a Some described it like a baking soda rubbing against your skin.
Speaker 2: That makes it felt a little sandpaper. Not that extreme, but yes, a little Yes, there was some sort of texture that was not like the others.
Speaker 1: And we I included these because they were just funny, some of these quotes from people. And we don't want to be too hard on this company. Clearly they're doing a good thing that people love their products, but this is a real thing. The majority of people don't have this problem, but those that do have a real, big problem. And one of the quotes here was somebody said, my arm pits are on fire.
Speaker 2: That's exactly how it.
Speaker 1: This didn't agree with my body chemistry that makes Sense. Now, the next one came with a warning, so if you're want to give this gift, you might need to include some quartizone ten. This person said, make sure you have quartizone ten ointment to help heal your skin.
Speaker 2: Yes, Anali's actually I laughed when I read that one, because Anials actually went out and bought cortizone.
Speaker 1: Because that's yes, that's a I hate to be dumping, sound like we're dumping on this product, but I'm sharing those reviews and you all have used this product. This did happen to you all. But get this, some people love the company in the Sense so much they actually say, just try something else, don't use this one, use their other good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so yes, That's why I wanted to be really clear at the first part of this review of this gift is that I loved the Sense, and I love the company, and I love the product, and I wanted to be able. Oh my gosh, if this didn't irritate my skin, I would never buy anything else. So you know, yes, sir, because it was such a wonderful product, and I just unfortunately I do tend to have more sensitive skin, and I think those people out there who have sensitive skin. You know who you are, and there are people who sometimes can't put Like Eva, I wouldn't even begin to give this to hers. If she has like a lotion that has anything in it her whole body. She knows that about her, but she knows that about herself, so she would never even attempt to try this.
Speaker 1: So I shouldn't put this in a stock.
Speaker 2: No, but I do like Look, I actually think you could. Even the gift is adorable. It's wonderful, and if seventy five percent of the people who review the product loved it and had no issues, that should be taken into consideration.
Speaker 1: That's a roll of the dice giving a gift that might end up somebody with a first degree burn. All right, folks, well this one. What do you think about the price point there? Forty bucks?
Speaker 2: I think yeah, I think that's nice. And to get four of them and to be able to travel with them, I think that's a good price point.
Speaker 1: You can get them Amazon Anthropology, certainly, but this was an interesting one from a brand that even I was aware of, but wasn't aware that this was out there. I look them up. They made candles. We talk about the sense are so great.
Speaker 2: Try that, yeah, let's do that. But you know what, should we give this to Sabine? Does she have sensitive skin?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't dare give this as a gift. I just wouldn't because there's the risk. I have read more reviews than most people will if they're looking at this product. So I have gotten to a point I would be nervous to try it myself, but that's me. But to give it to somebody with a maybe twenty six percent chance that they're going to be pissed at you, let's roll the dice anything but yes, forty dollars anthropology check out Saltonstone. But can we say that, yes, this is a great company of great products and great sense. So we absolutely recommend that you check them out. But stay with us. We got one gift.
Speaker 2: Left, Yes, just one gift. It's our final gift.
Speaker 1: Okay, the t us for the next one. I'm not even sure what it is meaning I'm looking at it right now. It is on a bookshelf, but it's not a book. Is that fair?
Speaker 2: That's correct? And it's fun for the whole family. So maybe we'll try it out this afternoon and we'll be able to say with authority whether or not we endorse this gift, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, folks, we always appreciate you spending some time with us on behalf of my dear Amy. I am TJ. Holmes. Talk to else