Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to the S and P five hundred, Just doing a refresh here on my Bloomberg most names in the index lower today. Three hundred and sixty names in the S and P five hundred, Guys losing ground on this Friday, hundred and forty one to thepside, and Isabelia too unchanged?
Speaker 4: Looking at the I'm up, it's mostly red, but you see pockets of green energy up by around seven tens of one percent, but the rest is really down. Tech is down by nearly two percent, Materials down by nearly three percent. Health is also down by one percent. And the list goes on, but definitely mostly rent there on your screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a ton of red there, all right. So let's go to some of the gainers in today's session, And I'm going to go to the number one gainer in the S and P and the Nasdaq one hundred today, and that is deck ticker as DXCM that stack up at its highs more than nine percent today, but still finishing with a gain of about six and a half percent for the Friday trade. This is after the maker of continuous glucose monitoring devices gave a long term growth outlook at its investor day that impressed analysts. You also had the activist investor, Elliott Investment Management, taking a stake in the company and struck a settlement that will put two independent directors on the board. That deal stipulates the two will collaborate to point those two new directors who will add board expertise in medical technologies and operations to help the company scale. So keep in mind little perspective here. The market cap for this company peaked above sixty three billion back in twenty twenty one. It's this decline since then. It has about a twenty three billion dollar market cap today, and we've seen it cut its revenue outlook in recent years citing some execution problems. We also saw a new CEO takeover in January, the former CEO becoming executi chair. So they've had a lot going on. But nonetheless, this was a much more bullish day for Dexcom in today's session. Let's flip it on over to you know, those glucose monitors. I want to credit my co host, who's just brilliant and he's razy. He's he's like, you got to do dexcom and then you got to do this next story because you got to talk about ice cream because sometimes people eat ice cream have to have these glucose I.
Speaker 1: Didn't say that far. I just thought it would paar nicely. I'm almost like a fine wine.
Speaker 3: I've got to get to pizza in a moment, because you could also, you know, tie this together. Let's talk about Magnum ice Cream. We did see this stock move up almost eleven percent here at the close, finishing just off its highs the most sense the stocks. December listening, Rouyder's reported that the private equity firms, including Blackstone and Clayton, Doubleier, and Rice, are exploring potential bids for the company. Royter's siding people familiar with the matter, saying that the firms are monitoring Magnums share price, waiting for summer sales before deciding whether or not to pursue bids. Company spokesmen declined to comment to Bloomberg. We should point out this record Indy rally coming after Unilever spun off Magnum ice Cream and a triple listing in Amsterdam, London, in New York and December. But they own Ben and Jerry's. They own I think Klondikes and.
Speaker 1: Norm A Froyo kind of gal are you for nothing like original tart no flavor.
Speaker 3: Puppies like Froyo too. Oh, I'm just going to put that out all right, and keeping with this theme, you have some ice cream some nimes, you have ice cream after pizza. Some Nimes you have ice cream before pizza. In my house, all right, So Papa John's also hiring. Today's session just up almost six point two percent. This is again Reuter's. Well, they've been working hard. Rouyder's reported investment firm Earth Capital working with the pizza chain's largest US franchise, Z, who controls around ten percent of its domestic restaurants, to take the company private. Royers cited three sources, which it did not identify. So, yeah, this is going on. So we'll see what happens with this one. Okay, I'm just hungry now.
Speaker 1: How about some socks?
Speaker 2: Okay to eat?
Speaker 1: No, you can't eat these chips. But the Philadelphia Semiconductor Index off its worst levels to day, but still closed down four percent. In fact, you had only four stocks in the socks actually move higher today. Skyworks, Corvo, Stara, and Qualcom Armholdings fell more than eight point four percent. Nova fell eight point four percent. You had Intel fall six percent. Look, the socks is still up this year more than sixty percent. But a little bit of a give back in chip names today. Finally, well not finally. Next, let's talk about Ford. After surging more than twenty one percent in the last couple of days, Ford shares are taking a bit of a breather, finishing down today by seven point five percent. It's actually the most in more than a year, a bit of a cooling the enthusiasm over for its potential to benefit from the boom and energy demand for AI. Remember it was Ford's energy storage business and possible future tie up with AI Hyperscalers that led to this rally. Still, even with today's decline, Ford shares are still more than eleven percent higher since the close on Tuesday, that was the day before the rally started. And speaking of rallies fizzling cerebras systems. After yesterday's blockbuster IPO, I think we could call it shares felt today by just about ten percent, still closing the day at about two hundred and eighty dollars per share. Remember it was one hundred and eighty five dollars that was the IPO price, and they did close hire yesterday by about seventy percent.
Speaker 2: The stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.