Speaker 1: You don't ever want it is to get podcasts. Anybody see Geek, the official tickety partner of the Watch Commanders Jakes and.
Speaker 2: Special Guest, the Commanders.
Speaker 3: The voice themselves day day.
Speaker 4: Why am I sitting in the middle? That's what I want to know?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 4: I don't trust it?
Speaker 5: No, No, the special part is always put in the middle, specially guess you are the guests here.
Speaker 4: It's more like I'm not gonna see what's coming.
Speaker 6: No, No, that's what what's coming.
Speaker 3: You walk in here?
Speaker 6: Think I'm doing a normalator.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. You knew what you was walking into.
Speaker 1: It's the special guest Burger, yes, with the buns, Rams, the meat is what's wrong with it?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Ronald Sandwich with three forty five seconds in, I'm already uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Yes, I like, congratulations you made it to get out.
Speaker 2: Ram's face is immediate.
Speaker 3: Regret that the immediate like, why did I say yeah?
Speaker 2: I was supposed to do twenty minutes? Agree to a full hour? What's going on here?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 3: This show is gonna take you places you've never been before. I start tracking.
Speaker 1: Call us on the home phone seven O three seven seven four nine seven o three, seven two six, seven, four one nine. We have a couple of voicemails. At the end of the show, someone's talking about a Super Bowl. I don't know what they're saying. We'll get to that.
Speaker 5: I think Brahm is shocked that we got a house phone line like Brown, We have a house phone line that they could leave messages for us.
Speaker 4: What is that? What is this nineteen eighty three house phone list?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but house phone line with on what and they leave us voice messages?
Speaker 3: Uh huh?
Speaker 5: And then we repeat the voice messages on the show. We had one dude traveling all through the United States. We had to be like, where's this?
Speaker 3: Do that? He call us?
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, I'm in Michigan. So we got guys that leave the voicemail. People that's prefutly over forty know how to leave a voicemail.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yes, we do.
Speaker 4: I use that person knows what a voicemail is.
Speaker 3: My kids don't know anything, Like I do this trivial you with my kids? What if? What is this? And I showed my is that the name of the game? What is this?
Speaker 5: What is this? Could you explain this to me? I showed them a house.
Speaker 4: I don't trust you running that game. Why not because I don't know what you're gonna show them.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want everything.
Speaker 5: I showed them my house for all My kids were like m hmm, rate eight or maybe they had no clue, and I was like, you know what, I can't get mad because we are the generation that didn't have cell phones. We are a generation that had twelve channels. We are a generation that at twelve o'clock the TV went off in American flag floated for the rest of the night. We are the generation that goes from no technology to food technology.
Speaker 3: So we are the one.
Speaker 4: I saw a bit by a comedian to put a rotary phone up on the stage and ask people to come up and say do you know how to use this? And they couldn't do it, Like they couldn't dial the numbers.
Speaker 5: Why would they like, that's a foreign machine?
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you looking at it? Like I watched my kids look at stuff, and I'll be.
Speaker 4: Like, why do they got this look right?
Speaker 3: And I think to myself, they've never seen this.
Speaker 5: So that's why in the summertime, I love to send my kids to Mississippi so they can live with my family and have nothing like literally, I get a call like.
Speaker 3: Twenty four hours like, hey there's no air condition in here. Fine, that's how I grew up. You will be fine.
Speaker 2: Well, one thing that transcends generations mood. Yeah, football we've always had for me.
Speaker 3: It always does.
Speaker 1: This weekend preseason game, Commanders Jets. Brand's gonna be calling the game. Obviously, you guys will be all hands on deck ready for this game. What are some general expectations, because look, preseason is preseason, but what are some things you want to see as far as maybe guys stepping up or something that might make you happy to see, Hey, this this particular position group is improving, whatever it may be.
Speaker 5: Well, what I want is the baseline. Okay, show me what this team is like. It's just the preseason, right, So we're gonna see the middle of the roster.
Speaker 3: We ain't gonna see the top of the roster.
Speaker 5: You're gonna see the middle of the roster, in the bottom of the roster, and you only good as the fifty third person on the roster.
Speaker 3: So what we gonna see is the baseline.
Speaker 5: And what they did is coach of staff in his front office, did they took the middle of this roster from last year.
Speaker 3: And they gutted it.
Speaker 5: They brought the floor up. Forget the ceiling, they brought the floor up. So what I want to do is I want to see guys go out there and do their job. I don't need you to go ten tests. I just need you to look like a football team. I need you to look like a way coach group of guys. That's what I want to see. And you can only tell if the group is wall of coach. But how's the third screen guy doing. How's the second screen guy doing? This the test of how you being coached?
Speaker 4: There's a couple of things at one. I think the joint practice is equally as important, if not more important, than the game itself.
Speaker 3: It is more important, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: For a couple of reasons. And I don't think you could have picked a better opponent for this for the joint practice. For a couple of reasons, Like if we can all sit here and agree that a couple of the units that are in question are the offensive line in the cornerbacks, think about who they're practicing against this weekend. You have one of the best fronts in football with the Jets. You're gonna get them in a controlled environment, you're gonna find out. We've been playing musical chairs with our offensive line for two We're gonna find out what's what when Quinn Williams lines up over Allegretty or Beaddish or we're gonna get their rush ends against our tackles and we don't know who our tackles are yet. And then on the other side, we're not gonna get Aaron Rodgers in the game on Saturday, but we are gonna get him in that practice on Thursday. Greet him, Garrett Wilson, Mike Williams, We're gonna find out about our corners. Yeah, in controlled environments. They could not have planned out a better team to have a joint practice with. I know they didn't plan it that way, but if you think about what we have questions about and what they bring to the table, it's a great matchup for this team.
Speaker 5: Why do we have questions about the DB's in the office of line when.
Speaker 3: I don't believe in bad kids. I believe in bad parents. All right.
Speaker 5: We watched them have bad parents last year. They wasn't coached well. They was put out there and say survive. And now we want to say what we do and what we don't have. We've upgraded at the center position, We've upgraded at the go up position. Sam Cosmi is one of the best goss in football. We just drafted Brandon cop Why does this have to be a weakness because it's the unknown, Like I think we look at unknowns, it's weaknesses.
Speaker 3: I don't look at it. I don't look at this defensive back. Okay, let me.
Speaker 2: Put it to you this way.
Speaker 1: If this is a reset for these guys, right, let's say to a rookie season in theory, then wouldn't it make sense that you're still gonna see some growing pains because it's a new defense, because it's new roles, Or do you expect, okay, we'll see some growth from last year.
Speaker 2: Or could it be a resetting.
Speaker 5: So we're gonna see we're gonna see more growth because of the middle of the defense. All Right, Let's be honest. The defensive line is what it is. They are intact. But when you change the linebacker position, you actually changed the back end also, like not only did you bring in Bobby Wagner, the yellow jacket, the guy he and it just it just reminds me so much of when Fletch came. Like when Fletch came, everything kind of changed because we don't have to question who the leader is. I don't have to question this, the information go get back to my defensive back field.
Speaker 3: I don't have to question the end of it. This and then look at WIT's history, look at Queenn's history.
Speaker 5: When it comes to defensive backs. This is a defensive back friendly defense, all right. Not only did he have all Right Diggs what nine interceptions? Then a year later eleven. That's no coincidence. So somebody in our defensive backfield it's gonna have one of those years because this defensive design for that, this defense.
Speaker 3: But take steam.
Speaker 5: I have played in defenses, Greg Williams, that is a defensive back friendly that I played in. God that wasn't defensive backfield. So now it's more survival than it is play. Like, I don't want to judge these guys without them having an equal chance to show me who they are.
Speaker 4: It's only been a couple of weeks, right, and we're living in this bubble because we're watching them every day. And I'm optimistic, right, I want to be optimistic, but I think to your point, like when I watch them practice. What I see up the middle between the hash marks is exponentially better, at least on paper and in general in personnel than what they had. The upgrade at the linebacker position cannot be overstated, like it is a strength when it was a weakness. The safeties are deep. Now. I don't know how they're going to utilize Kwon Martin and Jeremy Chin, and they don't want to tell me because I think they're going to surprise some people with the way that they utilize both of them. We've got good players like Derek Forrest that are fighting for time because they're because they're deep in this position. And we know what the middle of our defensive line is. And if Johnny Newton is going to be what they think he's going to be, which might be the best defensive tackle off the board this year. Look up the middle at what you see. The questions are on the edges though, can they get a consistent pass rush, because yes, Dallas had a great defense. Do we have Michael Parsons on this team? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Only want.
Speaker 4: Right And then the corners are in question as well. And I'm with you, and I want to be optimistic and let's give Forbes a redo here, and Saint just is a good corner. I think they have some very good veterans now behind them, so they're deep in this spot. But do they have number one that can match up with the CD Lambs and the AJ Browns of the world. And that's what we need to see. And that's why I think this week's a big deal with Aaron Rodgers and Garrett Wilson and people like that.
Speaker 3: No, no, I totally understand what you're saying. These things we don't know, like the unknown, we don't know.
Speaker 5: But what I do know is I know this coordinator, and I know what type of defenses they run. I know what type of guys we have. And I think everybody forgetting that. You do have Frankie Louvo, who not just gonna be a stand up linebacker.
Speaker 3: You do have Jamie Davis. It's gonna be rushing the pass.
Speaker 8: It.
Speaker 5: I think they will have enough speed and enough personnel to manufacture a pass rush. But if you look at the teams or in the NFL with great linebacker courts, they are probably the top teams in the league.
Speaker 3: You look at the Ravens had the top linebacker court you look at the forty nine ers. You look at these teams and you say why they so good on defense? It's not the front, it's the middle of the defense. It changes everything.
Speaker 5: I know people don't understand it like I understand it. But when you change the middle of the defense, that means no more running to the outside, no more running to the inside.
Speaker 3: That mean when you pass.
Speaker 5: The ball in short ten yard five yard interrments, these backers were inflict pain. So it stops all of that. And I need people to understand that when we upgraded this middle of the field, it changed everything on the defense. The defense to me, last year they got put in some bad predicaments. I never looked at this as a bad defense. I looked at it. It's being called wrong. It's been called it's being dictated wrong. But the players we do have that Like and I say this, nobody had a good year on defense last year. Can we all agree on that? Not pain, not allen like nobody. It's never a coincidence. When all of us think, right, like, it's just it ain't no coincidence. That means it's deeper. They mean it's something else going on.
Speaker 1: Well, I remember Emmanuel Forbes was saying, probably a couple of weeks ago to start a camp, finally I can just react.
Speaker 2: I don't have to think anymore.
Speaker 1: To your point, so, how much does it help when you have a not necessarily a simplified scheme, but a scheme that says, do what you do best.
Speaker 2: You're not out there thinking because you know you think you're wrong.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, I know what he means, like, we are creatures of reaction. I'm a dB, I'm a cat. We never can fall. We got to stay on our feet. But we also got to react to whatever that wire receiver does. But if I'm thinking in my head, but I am in cover floor, I might not need to go down here. I mean this, I'm hesitating. Any hesitation gonna get you beat. What he's saying is was being.
Speaker 3: Talked to me.
Speaker 5: I'm learning, like meaning that I don't have to second guess myself, a second guess the situation. I'm soaking this in. They're making it simple and they allow me to play fast. And that's what you want your dbs to do. You want them to play fast because they are reacting, not thinking. Like like they say in football, you think long, you think wrong.
Speaker 4: They talked openly last year about being confused.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That yeah, and they talk a lot about this. You know, the coaches set up the rules that you're supposed to follow. They were confused by it. You saw it on the field. And I agree with you. This isn't that they had really bad players. I think they were top to bottom, not on the same page. And you know, like in this league, I think you might agree with this and more and more and more as we in a cap league like this, the difference between the good teams and the bad teams is so minute. It's this much, you know. And if you, if you're lucky, have Pat Mahomes or Josh Allen, you have a difference maker. But like everything else, if you look across the board, everybody's got strengths and weaknesses in a cap league, and everybody's close. When you're losing the way this team was losing last year, that is a fundamental problem with what's going on in general, not just the talent itself. And I'm hearing this from them this year that they feel more free to play fast, and dan Quinn's talking openly about getting them up. I do want to ask you both about one thing that I have found surprising about all of this, And it's another thing that I'm really looking forward to this weekend at the joint practice and at the game. So dan Quinn talks openly about your friends and family are gonna like watching us. We're gonna play hard, we're gonna play physical, We're gonna bring it. Those are the type of things he's saying. I haven't seen them do a full speed football practice yet in two weeks and the first time they're going to do it is it a joint practice and in a preseason game. And I'm somewhat surprised by that.
Speaker 5: Don't be surprised about it. This is the new NFL. This is the way it is. This is how they protect the players. This is what it is.
Speaker 3: But what I do love is I love inner team practices. You said it.
Speaker 5: At the end of the day, We're going to see stuff that they can't they ain't gonna show in the preseason game. We're gonna see matchups, like he said, tackle against defensive end, wide receiver against Connell, quarterback against We're gonna see it all in these practices. And I'm like, this is what I do know about this team. They'll rather walk through, so they understand then go one hundred percent while everybody just unorganized chaos. They understand, we're going to protect their legs, we're gonna protect the player, but we're gonna also were.
Speaker 3: Challenging the mental.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's what I think the best coaches challenge the mental. Everybody, every coach I've ever had, from Coach Gibbs, all the best coaches, they like, you know what, Physically, physically, that's what got you here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, mentally, what's gonna keep you here?
Speaker 2: I think it's surprising for sure, because that doesn't seem like the norm. But I'll also say.
Speaker 1: To your point, particularly when you're integrating a brand new coaching staff of the new set of players, mostly most important thing you can do is get everyone on the same page.
Speaker 2: Make sure everyone knows their assignments.
Speaker 1: You've got a rookie quarterback as where all we're gonna talk about Jayden Daniels. You got to get everyone down on knowing exactly what they're doing, and then you go full more.
Speaker 2: Because if you're automatically.
Speaker 1: Going full speed early on, before you know, before you're reacting, you don't really know what's happening.
Speaker 2: Then I think you run the risk of maybe taking a step backwards.
Speaker 4: That's what Quinn said the other day because I asked him about this, because listen, I've been around you guys forever, right, it is unnatural for you all to not start hitting, yeah, like you guys want to, you know, after the first week, because pads have been collectively bargained out of training camp. Yea, the first week, so you can't hit, right, there's no way around. You're gonna get people hurt, so you can't hit. Once the pads go on though, that's when we think that things are going to change. And it didn't quite yet, but by the middle of the second week, Brian Robinson's kind of lowering his head a little bit. There was a pop on a kickoff return. Guy I got run over on a kick cover, like you could see it bubbling up where the guys are like, let us go. And I asked Quinn about it, and he said, to your point, we're not ready to do that. We want everybody on the same page, coordinated, and then we're gonna take the lid off and unleash it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I love that, listen, he said.
Speaker 5: We don't want chaos, we want organized chaos, and for us to have organized chaos, I have to teach them first. I want my coach to be a teacher, Like this is chess. Like the thing about it when we get out there on Sunday.
Speaker 3: You just said it. The table let, the tabler level is almost the same. Who is moving the chess pieces? And where are you placing me? And why?
Speaker 5: If I know why you placing me right here? I'm prone to be better at my job. And that's what I think they're doing right now. They like, we're gonna teach them. We done got time for all this. Let's go out here and beat everybody up. I want to teach them how I want the game to be played.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what he.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know the games on Saturday. I don't want you to miss it because it's early. But it's aos.
Speaker 5: But it's also a preseason games. Got let's be honest, it's a preseason game. Were waiting for the first game, Like that's what we're trying to get to.
Speaker 1: It's almost like a bull you know where you know when the bull gets ready to charge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's that that leg going like I'm about to go.
Speaker 1: And it's like these players are like we're ready and they're waiting for dan Quinn.
Speaker 2: Just turn them loses and then they can go. So that's gonna happen soon.
Speaker 4: And listen, it's got Well, it's gonna happen obviously. But I want you to think about that opener. If people dismiss this, that was a playoff team a year ago, that's a Todd Bowles defense. Yeah, those guys play hard. If you remember in the playoffs. I know the Eagles were floundering when they beat them. They were one score down to Detroit in the fourth quarter and had the ball. Okay, they very easily could have been in the NFC championship. Baker Mayfield did a second year there. They're gonna show up. Yeah, Like, don't don't think like that was some kind of fluke with them a year ago. They're gonna show up. So this team's gonna need to be ready.
Speaker 3: I don't think the Buccaneers will show up. Are you a believer in with that team?
Speaker 5: Yes, you believe in the books, I think because I think the best team in the South is the Falcons.
Speaker 3: And you. I ain't a big Kirk guy, but I see what Kirk got around him.
Speaker 5: I see a twelve win Falcon team easily.
Speaker 4: I think they have on paper an amazing amount of talent on offense. I think on defense they're week and they're gonna have to buy into Raheem Morris is gonna do there what Dan Quinn and Joe Witt are gonna do here for it to turn that way. And I also think that draft pick thing was so awkward and so weird that it's gonna hover over everything and if Cousins is not great early, they're gonna start asking him about when they're gonna give this guy this shot. They made things so awkward.
Speaker 3: I think so. I think they invested in the future.
Speaker 5: We watched Green Bay do this year out the year, and then we're shocked when they never had to go get a quarterback. Green Bay has had forty consecutive years of Pro Bowl quarterback because they draft early before the dude is ready to retire. They draft eight quarterback. I'm sorry, we all can agree. Eight billion people are on this planet. We haven't found thirty two quarterbacks in that same year. There's great eight billion people. Yes, you hurt me. So if I have to put one on the bench and wait till he's ready, well, wait.
Speaker 3: Till my other guy lead. That's fine.
Speaker 5: I thought the Falcons did a great thing because guess what, you draft a d N right there, they don't make you a win our team. Like, I don't know why everybody think the draft is this instant lottery. We know for a fact half of the first rounders and the second rounder is gonna stink. This league is not for everybody. Just because I draft somebody, don't mean he's good. Everybody gonna wait till mid season to say is my rookie good?
Speaker 3: Is my rookie bad?
Speaker 5: But we're gonna find out that most of these guys can't play in the NFL. All right, I'm going Falcons win that division. What you think jis, don't say, don't say the Panthers and just be out.
Speaker 1: I tell you who I think is sneaking out disas might be the Saints, Oh they are, yes.
Speaker 3: But do you believe in Carr?
Speaker 1: I think in that division, he's good enough to win that division. Also because they rely on their defense, right, that's what That's how the Saints wins game.
Speaker 2: And also Derek Harber was very good at the end of last season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, so he got better as the season went on once he acclimated a little bit to the surroundings there in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: So that's a winnable division.
Speaker 1: And also, I think I have a hard time with maybe believing in Baker Mayfield for a second secutive season.
Speaker 4: You got the Saints, I got Tampa, you got the Falcons. Yeah, well that Saints commanders gave in December's gonna be big for you.
Speaker 1: Since we're talking about quarterbacks, Jade Daniels, possibly he's going to play.
Speaker 2: We don't know if he's going to start or not, so it won't matter.
Speaker 1: But quietly, as we've seen, he's sort of snuck in and been the guy taking the reps with that first team. So what have you seen from him during training camp? And what do you hope to see on Saturday?
Speaker 5: You know what, I'm more impressed with the person, like I've just been blown away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the.
Speaker 5: Person like to get drafted to the NFL. You got talent, it's something that you do will and he does. He throws the ball wheel, he runs will. But usually when we get the number two pick a Heisman Trophy winner, they usually devas they usually the team is here and I'm over here.
Speaker 3: It's usually picture and outfield. It's just it's a separation.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen that with him. I have been blown away with the person so much. I don't care about anything else. I think he's gonna have a great career. I don't know how his career starts. Like he's gonna go through his growing page. And that's what we need to understand. And I need all the fans to understand this.
Speaker 8: C J.
Speaker 3: Scroud is a outliar, do you understand.
Speaker 5: Indeed, biggest way Peyton Manning through a thousand pixels with you, like quarterbacks usually don't do.
Speaker 4: Well, Tyle, think about and I know we had that r G three splash and.
Speaker 3: Crazy effect and people want him to be that. No, it's gonna take patience with this.
Speaker 5: Like my grandma used to say, you the cooking in the crock pot of Michael Wave.
Speaker 3: CJ.
Speaker 5: Scrid is a micaelwave. Some stuff take a little longer. I want everybody to be patient with how he grows and understand this. Jane Daniels from Game one is gonna be totally different from Jane Daniels Game fifteen.
Speaker 3: He gonna been in. He gonna have some war wounds by the end. He gonna been the learned.
Speaker 5: I can't do this, I can do that. And that's why I tell people hold up on that office a line. We understand it's Sam how in Seattle's going through the same problems.
Speaker 3: He aat here holding the ball too long.
Speaker 5: They had a lot to do with most of those sex, all right, So don't blame this now, this this line has a whole different quarterback who can run himself out of problems, who can run himself out of sex.
Speaker 3: That changes everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know enough at this point to know what does the offense look like? Damn shown me you know how much of designed runs are gonna be part of it? Because it has to be part of it. I don't know. I have no idea how much they're gonna rely on him that way. I do like here the markers, right, he comes in here, his decision making looks great. Okay, just he's fast, he's making his mind up quickly. Just seemed to confirm that's the case. The work ethic that they talked about going into the pre draft process has seemed to obviously carry over here. He's the first one in the building every day, and to Fred's point, like he seems like a very humble guy and someone who is not asking for all this attention. And look at this team, like here's a team that could is dying to have a franchise quarterback. I've been waiting for it my whole life. Okay, I'm fifty one. I've been waiting for it my whole life. Like this this team had a glory could.
Speaker 3: They sixty this team?
Speaker 4: At this team had a glory era and they won three Super Bowls or three different quarterbacks and none of them are in the Hall of Fame. Right, we haven't had this person right, and this team has gone out of its way to not thrust him out there and say he's it, buy in, put him on the cover of things. And it doesn't seem like he's asking for He's not. He's not. He comes in here, he's humble when he's asked questions. He got to asked some question like his first press conference, or he's like, what's it like being a star quarterback? And he goes, I'm not a star quarterback. And the other I asked him and said, you know, like they said, you're gonna know when you're ready. Where are you on that process? And he said, I'm not there yet, Like there's a humility to him self awareness, yes, self awareness, humility he gets he's not gonna change everything overnight. I hope he ce j Stroud this year, but I'm with you, I don't want to put that kind of pressure on him. And it goes back to the other point we were making. We haven't seen them practice full yet. I haven't seen him get chased by anybody yet. I haven't seen him have to deal with a third and six at a tie game in the fourth quarter of three minutes left. So I have no idea what I'm about to get. But everything I've seen so far from his personality, his obvious skill set, his obvious athletic ceiling, and then there are some moments lately where he's making a couple of these wow throws in practice. He had one last week where you know it's a faux pass rush because he knows he's not gonna get hit. Okay, but he slid to his left, which went right into Dorance Armstrong, who beat you know, the tackle to whatever that means. He's in his face backfoot, flicks it thirty five yards in the air and catches McLaurin in stride. He does that in the game. He's in the Pro Bowl like these are, and those are the little things where you go, wow, I think he could be special, But I don't want to get ahead of myself because he doesn't even want to get ahead of himself. And I think that's what's what's interesting.
Speaker 5: Because I remember, we remember the love fist that happened when we drafted Robert.
Speaker 3: It was Michael Jackson and the Jackson Five.
Speaker 4: Robert loved it, No, he embraced them.
Speaker 5: Nobody loves Robert and Bob Bob loves himself.
Speaker 3: But it was just it was just parade. It was this, oh we got it. It was just so much fanfare.
Speaker 5: And with Jayden is just yeah, just business as you and I and I and I. I think the coaching stay up for that because they not selling him is to save you. Hey's salling him is he's a piece of a puzzle. And when he's ready, we'll let you know.
Speaker 1: Let's pace some bills that we're gonna talking about joint practice. All right, you're mean paying first, Yeah, you're paying first. Got I looked to her, I was like, I don't think that's a paper and it's here we'll talk to Anne later on the show.
Speaker 2: She's gonna get your paper. Let's talk about seek for a please.
Speaker 1: You know se Geek the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. It's official now, get us finalize the newest member of the Commander's family, because you know, we are a family.
Speaker 2: If you haven't heard the name yet, get used to it.
Speaker 1: You will be hearing the name all season long, doesn't matter if you're buy or selling. Take us to Commander's games or any other live event, and the d m V seat Geek is.
Speaker 2: The place to do it. The new official ticketing partner of your Washington Commanders.
Speaker 3: So Commander's fans can fan. Yes, most definitely. Do you do you want me to hit it now? Wait?
Speaker 2: Joint practice and brand you were saying that more so than the game.
Speaker 1: The joint practices are the real important piece of this week and this team getting ready.
Speaker 3: For this one. I think so.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, I'm obviously interested in the game, sure, because Jane's gonna play, and I think that's important, you know, for our purposes. But Aaron Rodgers is not. So how many of the other Jets starters are going to play? I don't know so, and you know how this goes, like nobody wants to show anything, you know it Like everybody comes in with different priorities in these preseason games and a lot of it feels like, let's just get through it, and I you know it'll be I think it'd be very telling for some of the younger players because I want to get a look at them on the field. But these controlled joint practices where the starters are going to compete with one another, that that to me. I'm I'm heading up to New York to go to it. I'm very interested in seeing that live. This was like last summer. I felt like the summer for Rivera in that group was that Ravens joint practice. And I feel like similarly over the next week with this with the Jets and that with the Dolphins, I think this team's gonna find out where it is because while we're optimistic, I do think there are a lot of unknowns and until you get tested and those are playoff caliber teams, yep, and then you find out.
Speaker 5: Do y'all remember this time last year and everybody was picking the Ticks instill winning like two games and be back in the t Like football is such a reality show. You don't know until the reality kicks in. You never know who's gonna be what until we get there. And I think the one thing that scares people about this team it's a lot of unknown ya. The unknown about how's dan Quinn gonna run the team. The unknown is, uh, what the offense gonna look like. It's gonna be a pass happy off Nobody knows what the defense gonna look at? What with the like the unknown scares people. Now what what it is gonna be known is when we go through these practices with the Jets and what the Dolphins is we gonna Now I can compare because I know what those teams are.
Speaker 3: The Jets our playoff team. Let's be honest.
Speaker 5: Nobody wants to say that the Jets, our playoff team is Aaron Rodgers your quarterback. You're a playoff team. The miaument Dolphins a playoff team. We're gonna measure ourselves against two playoff teams and intimate sitting when I mean intimate, nobody's looking. That allows the offensive coordinator the defensive coordinator to run stuff that they wouldn't usually.
Speaker 2: Runt to say, we won't see it in the preseason.
Speaker 3: No, you will not see it in the Preseas game.
Speaker 5: What you'll see the Preseas game cover one, Cover two, Cover three, save yourself, Like that's what it's gonna be. But in these joint practices saviors, No, hey, y'all, don't look at it like that.
Speaker 3: It's a player we do.
Speaker 5: Like when we go to Preseas game, we're like, I need to save myself. I need to cover because they're not gonna do anything special to give me an edge. So Na's player against player, Vanilla against vanilla. They just want to see how you play in the game situation. That's why I love joint practice. I got more out of joint practice than I did out of anything we ever did.
Speaker 3: Like, I love joint practice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's gonna be a really interesting week, really interesting couple of weeks. I do think it's interesting that they haven't ramped up yet and it's gonna happen in real time against another opponent, and you know, I think, like I really am interested in seeing Jayden take his first real snaps at real speed with a real rush coming at him.
Speaker 5: They're gonna throw him out there. And this is why I think, y'all say it ain't been full speed at practice.
Speaker 3: I think it has.
Speaker 5: I think they practiced it such a high tempo of what they do that taking it to that next level is fine because the next level is just physicality, like they're not missing anything else from practice. Everything else is high tempo. Like I'm talking to say Cole's I mean he was like man the first time we rested as lemon lemm then because even time they do it individuals, it's not one person going. I remember sitting back watching one person go, one person go for you know it, it's twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: I ain't had a remp. No, they do it. That's for they like they.
Speaker 5: Make sure everybody nobody's standing steel And I think because of that, when it's time to ramp up and get physical, I think they'll be perfect.
Speaker 1: I think it's such a surprising answer when you talk about joint practices meaning more, but I get it right, because you don't want stuff on tape in the preseason. And also, did you get more out of joint practices because it really is more of a game situation as far as the game plans being implemented. It feels like more of a game because it's the preseason. But the joint practices are where you get more of the nuance.
Speaker 5: And the nuance and the fact that if I have been checking Terry since OTA's, I gotta bead on Tiry.
Speaker 3: He's my teammate.
Speaker 5: Like, no matter what we do at practice, I have information on you. Well, when I got to play Wilson for the Jets, I don't got that information on you.
Speaker 3: This is a mon on you, mono. This is re like, this is real time.
Speaker 5: Like I could beat up on my teammates all I wanted and understand they difference is they speed and all this. But when I'm going against the JITs, this is this is fair. This is football, and this is fast. This is us against y'all, even th one on ones, two on two, don't matter what we're doing, salmon selling lim mong left, this is us against y'all. In every rep means something like sometime practice is just another rep.
Speaker 3: But when we're going against other people and other teams, every rep counts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like throughout this summer, like I expect the two most competitive spots to be tackle, okay and corner. And I think we know he's gonna make the team at corner, But who's gonna get primary playing time and who's gonna kind of emerge as you know, quote unquote starters, and I know Joe Whitt doesn't want to talk about that. And the offensive line has been unbelievably fluid. They've done musical chairs throughout, like with the exception of Beadash at center and Cosme at right guard, the other three positions, we've seen people just kind of alternate in and out, and the way it lands, I'm not sure, you know, and I'm not sure there's at this point, I thought the same thing would happen at corner. It hasn't. Most of the reps have gone to Saint Juice, Forbes and then Michael Davis. Those are the three rotating outside corners, but Saint Juics and Forbes are the two that get out there early. Well over the next week, we're going to see Garrett Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Tua, Jalen Wattle, Tyreek Hills, and I wonder what that's gonna look like for the coaches when they get out of those two practices against high level Hall of Fame caliber receivers and quarterbacks, and we're going to see where they are and if that shifts anybody's mindset or if it and this would be the best outcome, solidifies the people that they have out there as yes, we have our guys here.
Speaker 3: Well, he got a fun thing about it. Queen loves Toyle Corners, so the tim me I had a chance to play for you think.
Speaker 5: About his pasts with Chiles Woodson and Richard Sherman, all these.
Speaker 3: Guys, So Saint Juice and fulls fits his makeups.
Speaker 5: I am really I'm willing to see how the Saint Juice thing goes because I know.
Speaker 3: Queen and I know when it comes to getting the ball back, they like guys.
Speaker 4: They want guys to catch the ball.
Speaker 3: Hitched the ball, and that ain't been Saint Juice's scrint.
Speaker 5: So if I'm watching anybody in any situation, he's more of a nullifyer. He stays between the ball in the yi receivers a lot of people, a lot of breakups, not a lot of picks.
Speaker 3: I want to see as a year ago on, how does that grow with them?
Speaker 4: This may make sense to you too. Michael Davis spoke to the media, right, he's a veteran, he's a good player, He's a veteran, and I asked him, like, why did you come here, you know, and he said, I'm at the point in my career where i wanted someone to help me get my game to a different level. I looked at these coaches. I've seen what they've done with other players, and I felt like they could do it. And he said, all they've done to me so far is try to make me uncomfortable so that I can check, you know, extend the range of my game, which I thought was really very telling about the coach. That's the second player, Bobby, you're prominently I want you to play for them. Yes, you're hearing that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: When you want to play for a coach, you know, this coach gonna bring the best side of me, and he gonna put me in positions to be playing.
Speaker 3: He's gonna put me in a position to be Diggs.
Speaker 5: He's gonna put me in a position to be Charles Woodson win a defensive player the year. He gonna put me in a position to be Richard Sherman. He's gonna put me in a position to be great.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: And that's the thing about it. When you got a coach like that, we run towards those coaches. We don't run away from those coaches.
Speaker 3: We run towards them. And we're willing to take less money to play for those guys.
Speaker 4: Because an eight interception season is a big payday on the other side.
Speaker 3: On the other side, So guess.
Speaker 5: What if I if I sacrifice five million to get to this and now I got eight picks, I just made thirty, all.
Speaker 3: Right, And I did it with this coach, and I'm not gonna leave him.
Speaker 5: That's why I say you will see a lot of defensive backs chase down this team and try to get on this team.
Speaker 1: Well, those TV's are gonna be tested, certainly during joint practice because Aaron Rodgers will play. Now gona play the preseason. They want to take care of the achilles that they suffered last year. But what do you expect from Aaron Rodgers this season?
Speaker 2: Because it's been a full year. He's getting older and.
Speaker 1: You were saying earlier, Fred that he's very meticulous and how he plays, and I.
Speaker 5: Think what makes him great also hinder him from being even greater, if you know what I mean, his caution to throw balls in the wind, because he's one of those guys that I can always tell a quarterback that's worried about.
Speaker 3: They touched down to interception race. Yo.
Speaker 5: He's always been high on that. So I'm wondering, after this year off, does he just come back and say, I'm just finna let it real. Yeah, I'm just finna let it fly. I'm just gonna enjoy playing football for these last two years or three years?
Speaker 3: How many more I got instead of being this cautious screak walker that.
Speaker 5: Won't jaywalk, jaywalk if no cars coming, just walk across the street. Man, It's okay, nobody's gonna take you to jail. I want to see a wild, unleashed Aaron Rodgers. And I think if he's unleashed and he just throws it up there and play football, I think the Jets are potent team and the playoff team.
Speaker 4: I didn't buy actually the trade being an enormous difference maker for them in terms of winning a Super Bowl when it happened, partially because having followed his career and he's a first ballot Hall of Famer in my opinion, but the Commanders had played him the last couple of years in Green Bay before he was traded, and obviously things had kind of gone sideways on the relationship with the team. So I don't like discount the fact that he's gonna get reinvigorated going somewhere else and he might be himself. But if you really watched the last couple of years in Green Bay, he was a very different player. He was not as risky with his body. He was willing to just take sacks of eat a play like. He wasn't as being as mobile. He was being more careful really with the like to your point, really really really careful. He's a really great player, but he wasn't the same player, and he's aging, and then he goes there to a new team that had won anything before, so I wasn't totally buying it, and then what happened was really unfortunate. Obviously, now he's a year older, now he's coming off a very serious injury. I think to me, I'm in wait and see mode with him, and I don't really want to because all the evidence was he was an aging player who was playing the game very differently. Now he's off a very very serious injury. I wish him the best and I hope he does really well, but I'm all believe it, you know, I'll believe it when I see it. I think if they're going anywhere, it's because they have a top five defense, and not necessarily because he takes them over the top. But I agree that he is far better than anything they had and still do have. But I believe it's gonna end up being their defense that will be.
Speaker 3: I think that's a good.
Speaker 1: Point because when he first signed with the Jets, now he talks about a lot of things, but push all of those non football things aside. When he first signed with the Jets, before that Achilles injury, he said, I don't know how long I'll play.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady played for a long time, but.
Speaker 1: After that injury, he tends to seem like a guy who maybe is feeling his age a little bit more, because he said just a couple of weeks ago, maybe this is the final year.
Speaker 2: I don't know who he's gone from. I don't know when the end of my career will be too. Maybe it's a season.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you. Like early in his career, he's the closest thing to Mahomes the way he was able to his instincts would take over. The throws he could make that were kind of otherworldly. He could do it on the run. He would make these incredible decisions really and then unbelievable accuracy. He's not that player anymore, he really hasn't been. I will buy into going to a new place because the relationship soured in Green Bay would reinvigorate him and you'll see greatness pop up again. But now off of this injury, if he's going to actually be the guy that he was, I actually think you're gonna see someone who's just more of a caretaker with the ball and lets the defense win and hand it off the breeze Hall when he has to, Like I actually, I don't know that he's gonna come in there and be this otherworldly difference making mahomes Allen quarterback. But he may not have to be on that team because their defense is really legitimately great.
Speaker 3: He's better than Zach Wilson, we know that.
Speaker 5: But can they be the Bronco team with Peyton Man? Yes, Peyton was not Peyton. They needed Peyton to be a caretaker. Can he You just said it?
Speaker 3: Hen the Balti bries Hall did. The running game is gonna be there.
Speaker 5: They just fortified the officer line Tarren Smill and drafted for Shanau Like they they fortified that office line. I look at them as a very dangerous team because the one thing we know he might not be as much of.
Speaker 3: The winner as he years, but we know he ain't no damn loser, right, He won't lose you a game. He's not by mentality, not by talent.
Speaker 5: So depth, for it to me makes them a dangerous team because I had to ask myself if I had to pick between the Dolphins and the Jets right now playoff game, who would I choose?
Speaker 3: And I love Tour. I don't trust Tour. I trust Aaron. I trust Aaron in a playoff position.
Speaker 2: Do you even after last year?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: Even after last year?
Speaker 3: Well, he got a year off and were talking about a quarterback in the Achilles. That don't really bother me. He was a quarterback.
Speaker 5: Now I'm like, okay, it's gonna take him to mid year for him to find his form, and maybe nix year he'll find his form back. But it's a quarterback and Achilles, and it ain't like he was Lamar Jackson, so he don't depend on his feet that much. FORTI five the offense flag give him some whips.
Speaker 3: I think they got.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a really that division. New England's a total rebuild all the su right, Okay, so they're not gonna compete with these other three teams. Buffalo has decided to turn a page on their roster, so there's gonna be a lot of change here. Now they'll be extremely competitive because Allan's outstanding. But who's their receiving corps now? And what's their defense look like?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: There's been a lot of attrition to their roster. They're resetting for what will be a second round for Allen's career, and that reads to me like eight nine ten wins. Allen's good enough to get them there, but they're really the roster isn't the same. So it's the Jets and the Dolphins, right, Yeah, And the Dolphins oddly allowed a lot of talent on their defense to walk. And I don't know, I still buy and maybe I'm wrong. The defense wins championships. I had to pick something, it's the Jets defense of everything in that division, I trust. The only issue is they haven't won jack nothing in forever, and sometimes when the pressure ramps up on you and you haven't been in that position. This is where Rogers is going to have to pull r e Lax two and get everybody, yeah, chill out, because if they're in December and heading towards the Super Bowl and New York's going berserk because they've been waiting forever for this to happen. He's gonna have to calm a locker room that has never been in this position before.
Speaker 1: And it was just last week where training camp, he was angry at the entire team. He's like, we're playing sloppy goes.
Speaker 6: What are we doing here?
Speaker 1: So maybe that's the one thing that can push them past that losing culture, because, like you were saying, it's been forever. I think they have the longest they're tired with the Buffalo Savers for the longest playoff less drought and in North American major sports. So it's been a long time for the Jets. And sometimes you know how that is, Fred, Yeah, you can have a winning culture take hold, you can have a losing culture take.
Speaker 4: He's still won like seven or eight games last year with the worst offense in the league. Yes, like A, how's that possible? Because they have a defense that is so good and they think about the division they were in and they still won those games against high powered offenses like Buffalo Miami shouldn't be able to keep up when Zach Wilson was playing, and they clearly had no plan, zero contingency plan for Rogers getting card. How are they gonna handle it? They couldn't and they were right there anyway, playing for playoff positioning in December. They should be there. But it's not gonna be because Rogers puts off all world numbers. Actually, I think it's gonna be a run game defense caretaker with the ball. He's not gonna make a lot of mistakes, and he'll make his few Aaron Rodgers moments. But I don't think you're gonna be seeing week to week crazy numbers. I actually think he's gonna be seventeen for twenty two with you know, two hundred yards passing a touchdown or two. Breist Hall has one hundred yards rushing. And their defense is one of the best scoring defenses in the league. And that's their path.
Speaker 5: Reminds me of most of my Washington teams. Great defense, not good offense. It happens, Yeah, it's part of it. As long as they defense feel like they can go out there and win games like we feel you got a change.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be funny too, though, because the New York media and the national media is funny. If they're not scoring a lot, they're gonna criticize even if you're winning. No, they're gonna criticize them. They say, well, what's wrong with you guys? When they win twenty four to twenty, Yes, they could be well, what's wrong with you guys? Do they win twenty to fourteen? Like, well, why or Kate you scored anymore? And they're like, they're gonna have to pull We're winning and that's how they're complaining.
Speaker 3: Yet and worry about how I'm winning.
Speaker 1: As long as we're called us on a house phone, it's seven o three seven two six seven four one nine seven three seven two six seven four one nine.
Speaker 2: Do not be fool by the fact that the it guy what's what's the name?
Speaker 3: We know him Isaac?
Speaker 9: I did update? I update our voice more?
Speaker 3: Oh you on that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh right, oh you guys are Oh it's all right all time. Well it was a good run for Isaak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your friend Isaac and I t everybody has an Isaac.
Speaker 2: On a braggern It ain't. But for about four weeks.
Speaker 3: It happens Space Mills. Hey you got right?
Speaker 5: Get Loud podcast is brought to you by Bet three six five, the official sport and been partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 3: Bet on a Range NFL Marcus.
Speaker 5: With the Bet three six five app, craft you our own personalized bet slip with parlays, access thousands of games with live screaming, place your bet before the match or doing the game.
Speaker 3: It's really up to you.
Speaker 5: Download the Bet three six five app today and join eighty million members. Yes I said eighty million members worldwide, age twenty one plus only. Must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem call a text one eight hundred gambler. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life don't escape us. We dream any place in the real world, and in the blink of eye, we're there. That's the wonder flight. All you have to do it decide where to Dulles International Airport. Let you imagination sore book you adventure today at fly Dullis dot com slash non stop.
Speaker 6: So here we go.
Speaker 2: This is when Anna makes her appearance.
Speaker 1: Anna is like the sneaky star is in the comments lemon cake stinks, But yeah, can.
Speaker 4: I say something about Anna. Sure when I walked in here, Anna didn't know who I was, which I found really.
Speaker 6: Barely you were tangentially yes, I was like.
Speaker 4: The weird cousin. You're not quite sure?
Speaker 6: Who's my parents?
Speaker 3: You walked in?
Speaker 6: She goes, hey, Brad, you're gonna call the game right?
Speaker 4: And I'm like.
Speaker 9: The title crack you guys, I just you know specifics.
Speaker 2: It's all about the journey, Anna, Yes.
Speaker 9: It's all about the journey off the destination.
Speaker 1: And we're all here voicemail times, so we take your voicemails every week seven oh three, seven two, six, seven four nine, and it's gonna play a couple.
Speaker 2: We're gonna react and it's yours.
Speaker 9: Hopefully they're loud enough.
Speaker 8: Long time Washington Commands fan. All I gotta say is hey, I asked some questions about Brandon Coleman. I noticed he's been spending some time over there, and we're usually they they rotate the lineman, but he's been spending a lot of time over there. Left tackle. I'm just holding when we find vow one another thing? Is my name? I keep it here? And is uh the guy that we picked up from San Francisco up with Waivers a few years ago. His name is Castro Pios. I just want to know if, uh if if my corners uh spring and pray doing anything about it, had had the uh do anything about it?
Speaker 3: Thank you Castro Fields.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's been out there and he's actually been on the field. I like him, long guy in stinct, I can make plays. Haven't seen him in a lot of game situation, so I can't really say, like what when he fits in with this new staff.
Speaker 3: And that's the funny thing about this new style. We don't know who they.
Speaker 5: Who, they like anybody besides the guys they brought in. But other than that, I think Fields has a great chance of making this roster. And speaking on Brandon Coleman, I was high on Brandon Coleman coming out. His athletic profile and I know do not get on me when I say this, but his athletic profile is very similar height, weight, speed, strength, everything to Trent William He's not Trent Okay.
Speaker 4: His profile, your voicemails, his profile is.
Speaker 3: Very similar, and he has a mean streak.
Speaker 5: The one thing I love about the only happy office alignment that was actually good that I enjoyed was Chris Samuels, like Chris was very happy.
Speaker 3: Like Chris Wood, Yeah, he pancake you and be like in the name, but the lo he one of those guys. But I usually like my office labbing to be like brawlers, and that's what Coman is.
Speaker 4: I'm very impressed by Coleman so far. He's obviously impressed the coaches. They've given him a lot of run with the first team, whatever that means at this point at left tackle. Let me tell you something, if they have a starting left tackle out of a third round pick at that position, because that was not the plan, like they were going to try to get back into the draft or they were going to try to get somebody. If that actually works out, that is going to be one of the greatest outcomes this front office has. Is that might be the hit of all hits if that works out that way. So what to see And on Castro fields, you just gotta do the numbers here and I've seen him out there and he looks good. But forbes Saint Jus Davis than ristill igbinogamy, that's five, okay.
Speaker 3: So you have a hard time making monogamy is not it's this stone. He's not it's this stone.
Speaker 4: Right now, he looks like the slot backup right now.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, all right, most definitely don't forget that Kawan Moran actually plays Nicol also, So.
Speaker 3: Like it's this it's this thing with the safeties, like we.
Speaker 5: Said when you when we sit here talking to and a guy like the Folk has the one that is he gonna.
Speaker 3: Make this roster. That says it all to me, Like good teams have to cut good players. Yes, we are in a good spot right now.
Speaker 4: And to your point, you know, you have a team going somewhere if they have to make cuts because there's just not room for everybody, but they all are worthy of spots. Yeah, that's a good that's a good space to be.
Speaker 3: And uh uh, we commit this too. We cut some of these good players.
Speaker 5: They're gonna get people, no questions, like they won't be available for our practice squad.
Speaker 1: When we talked to Dan Quinn a couple of weeks ago, and he said, that's where the strength of this team is. Like a lot of teams will be top heavy, but this roster, there's so many good players right there in the middle.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to make some really tough yes.
Speaker 3: And that's what you want. You want that tough decision to be like.
Speaker 2: Time to keep the journey going. Voice smail Number two, Anna, Yeah, this.
Speaker 7: Giant charity, all commit Washington, command the fan calling in. I feel like this is gonna be our year to shot the entire world. We got a head coach that knows what he's doing. We got ownership and got leadership that knows what they're doing up top. We got a quarterback that knows how to win and knows how to play the position the right way. All we gotta do is keep them healthy, and we're gonna go to the super Bowl.
Speaker 5: I gotta feel them We're gonna go to.
Speaker 7: The super Bowl, but then the next two years we gonna be in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Watch. I love the energy, I love the thoughtfulness.
Speaker 5: I understand the fand ofdom, but the definition for fans is a fanatic, somebody that thinks outside of the box. And for every fan base, all thirty two teams right now got a chance to win the Super Bowl. So I'm not mad that he feels that way. I'm just more human and our more feet on the ground.
Speaker 3: Have a rookie quarterback. Everyone super being Roethlickberger maybe super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: It wasn't been in his second year maybe, yeah, I remember, it's just.
Speaker 4: In his second or third year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And he didn't even start, Yeah, he did just start.
Speaker 2: So and also they had great teams.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's one of those things where I'm with you, my friend, but I am a realist and I understand you got to get to like the championship game and lose before you like really a super Bowl, contending to get to like the second round of the playoffs. Yes, we can surprise some people. Can some people be better than we thought? Can Jayson Dangl better than we thought? A better program we thought?
Speaker 3: Yes, that changes everything.
Speaker 5: Uh, the Cowboys arrowup on it down, the Giants trying to get up.
Speaker 3: It's set up and we do know this, let's be truthful. Four of four or five team that went to the playoff.
Speaker 5: Last year not going this year. They will be replaced with four teams nobody picked. Maybe we'd be one of those teams.
Speaker 3: Maybe not.
Speaker 4: I think for me, like at this point, I'm with you, I'm feet on the ground here, like, yeah, this is all new, and I mean literally, like we've spent the last six months meeting, and I mean across the board of the building, new people. Yes, like top to bottom. The whole thing's new. I've never seen anything like this, Like the whole building's new. One side of the building, other side of the building, new front office, new head, coaches, thirty to thirty five different players. Yes, it's a very very different thing. And when you do that in a highly coordinated sport, it's baked in. There's gonna be ups and downs. So the idea that they're gonna like go seventeen to zero is nuts. Okay, So let's just see where we are in the end. Though, if Jade Daniels is what we think he is, that he's kind of heading in this direction.
Speaker 1: C J.
Speaker 4: Stroud c J. Stroud Light. Okay, whatever we see here, we see the baseline of the roster, the buy in, all the enthusiasms coming back. They've answered some questions that we have right like Forbes is a really viable, very good corner. They might have an answer at left tackle that they don't have to address either in the draft of free agency. Daniel's arrow really pointing up. Then, I think we're heading in the right direction to start talking about year two, year three where things go and then ultimately I do hope that we get to say this next year. And this is also you know, optimism and hope for Daniels because of what we've seen so far. I hope we're saying next year of the year after we have the best quarterback in the division, because I see a track to that actually happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and funny for about it, I had to ask myself, who does Daniels remind me of?
Speaker 3: Like I just put it in my head and I just started going through quarterbacks of the past quarterback of the day and I stopped on Randall Cunningham.
Speaker 5: Really it's interesting because as much as we think about Ramdall using his feet, it was his. He was a past first quarterback with a kind of longated motion of throwing the.
Speaker 2: Ball through a football like a baseball.
Speaker 5: I've ben say, but the deep ball with some of the prettiest balls you have, it was saw. So when I asked myself, like, who does this kid remind me of? In this Randall cunn of him in comparisons from.
Speaker 1: You guys, I will say, when it comes to the Super Bowl, I'm like you guys, where it's like buying a stock when it's low, right, Yeah, it never goes up in a straight line. But what you want is that long term growth. And now when you look at this franchise, you're talking about the adults being in the building, you're talking about drafting, well, you're talking about bringing in solid free agent talent, not over spending. You're talking about possibly a franchise quarterback. So I expect to see improvement this season and in long term. Do I think if things go as planned, this can be a Super Bowl contender?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: I just don't think it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be this.
Speaker 4: I mean, the high end comp for me, and this makes me old, but like the high end comp for me is a young John Elway, all right, and he's really he's really a past first, but he's an elite athlete with incredible instincts and who can once he's out in the open field, forget it. Yeah, that's what Elway was early in his career. If we have that, we're in incredible shape. All very different conversations there. That's the that's the ceiling comp that I am aspiring and hoping that he'll end up being all time.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm gonna get sure I get this right, an, this is your idea, the.
Speaker 3: Wheel of.
Speaker 2: Washington Trivia.
Speaker 3: That's quite fit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she's gonna select the question and how many points question is worth.
Speaker 2: And if you get a question wrong, the other person gets to answer it.
Speaker 3: Do do do do do.
Speaker 9: It's a tradition saying it. All right, So I have a spinner here here.
Speaker 2: Here she is, she's had all show. Now she's ready, she's going to spend the right here here it.
Speaker 3: Is this, babe, everything's so digital that we can't even spin out we find.
Speaker 9: The real one.
Speaker 2: So okay, the wheel was spinning.
Speaker 3: See that's why I don't understand why people go to casino late a slot machine. It's digital. It's digital, all right.
Speaker 9: For one point, your.
Speaker 4: Question is is this directed to one of us individuals?
Speaker 8: Learn that?
Speaker 4: Or is it just is it? Push the button, jump in as fast as possible we can.
Speaker 9: The thing is Yeah, the was going to be something that the loser had to do.
Speaker 3: Oh eat those jelly beans. Yeah all right, I'm not eating anymore though.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is a station between bram and smooth.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: No, no, it's.
Speaker 4: All right, we're gonna he already owes me a giant rabbi.
Speaker 9: For one point, Fred, Yeah, who was the last player who's played for Washington to be inducted into the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 3: Day are Green?
Speaker 6: Wrong?
Speaker 4: It wasn't there, all right, Bram last to go into the Hall of Fame and has.
Speaker 9: Played for Washington, not for the whole career?
Speaker 3: What she just did it to me? Say? What she just did it to me? Oh? Man?
Speaker 4: Was it anybody in this class? I don't think it was anybody in this class that had any time here.
Speaker 3: No, See that wasn't right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this doesn't count. Try again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that wasn't right.
Speaker 2: So they could have spent a season here and still got inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 9: Also, I used like an AI website for this.
Speaker 3: I don't trust that.
Speaker 4: What's the answer? Camp Bailey champ aunt.
Speaker 2: I was taking like career redskin command.
Speaker 4: Yeah that counts.
Speaker 9: Sorry, guys.
Speaker 3: You know when I got.
Speaker 5: Called out in both of those Hall of Fame ceremonies, Darryl said, you know, free.
Speaker 3: Call into the boys, free, let's let's deep. We got on the holiday Fame alright. Sorry, there's why I'm not trust the compute. Am I am? I my granddaddy?
Speaker 9: Another for a point, all right.
Speaker 7: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Washington has gone to how many playoffs since the nineteen ninety one Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: How many playoffs seasons?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 4: Uh four?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go four seven, seven.
Speaker 4: Since the ninety Are you counting wild card in this?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah?
Speaker 9: Seven?
Speaker 4: Name the years?
Speaker 9: Oh wait, hold on, give me a second. I wrote this in my notebook.
Speaker 4: You are incorrect, yes.
Speaker 8: For this.
Speaker 3: I'm not see the you.
Speaker 4: This is not the Washington Husky promised.
Speaker 9: If you look, if you look at Wikipedia, okay, I listen, just go to Wikipedia.
Speaker 3: You would have had the tops with my teeth. So it's very similar.
Speaker 4: Since what year did you say?
Speaker 9: That was nineteen ninety one?
Speaker 3: Okay? Oh?
Speaker 4: So they went ninety two, right, and they lost in the playoffs. They didn't go back until like ninety nine nine, right, two. Then we went two thousand and five twice with Joe Gibbs, and then oh wait a minute, no, RG three three five, And then there was a Kirk Cousin.
Speaker 6: You're six yea in this six twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: It is seven.
Speaker 6: He died because we got a losing wrappid seven. You're right, yeah, you're right once again, and.
Speaker 4: You apologize I get a point for naming.
Speaker 2: That was amazing.
Speaker 4: I get three points for names.
Speaker 2: I was sitting here going yes, hm, definitely.
Speaker 9: All right, So this next question, it's four however, many points?
Speaker 4: But are we supposed to hear that wheel?
Speaker 9: There's a lot going wrong here. The following is complete? Two points?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, I think you can just arbitrarily.
Speaker 9: Picked up Okay, at this point, y'all are doing so bad. Okay. In two thousand and five, Santana Moss record for most receiving yards in a single season. How many yards?
Speaker 3: Was it? Exact?
Speaker 2: That's exact?
Speaker 3: How many?
Speaker 5: These are questions only that could be answered by AI system, like come on, you want me to say one thousand, five hundred and thirteen yards, fred I was.
Speaker 9: Going to say within one hundred, and you would be correct.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: So don't complain under I go under.
Speaker 9: Is correct?
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 3: Oh so, how many y'alls was three? Thank you? I was I was living thirty y'alls out.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry. I feel like brand might have just stole your two points. So two point because it.
Speaker 3: No, it's not right, Adam, this this wheel of Washington.
Speaker 9: Just hope you know this is what you get for saying that everybody said my lemon cake was bad when I left the room. Let's let's do it this.
Speaker 1: Who would make the better limit cake? Because you were telling me Robert for the show, you make a great limon cake. And it was saying her whole family that even Santana was saying.
Speaker 3: She back, well, here does think about it. See, I have this cookbook that's been handed down from generation to generation to Smooth family. It's the Book of Smooth. Okay, and then the Book of Smooth on page seventy three it's lemon cake.
Speaker 4: I may read pages seventy two.
Speaker 5: I don't want to know what the Book of smooth and I made this limon cake. See, once I got challenged myself. Youthful people got youthful people can't cook. She was like, you know what, I have my grandma's recipe to my lemon cake. I want to challenge you. She challenges me. We do a taste test on one of the shows. My god logan Paulsing can't taste its tongue doesn't work.
Speaker 3: And we let him. We let him be the judge of who ca'ate taste the best?
Speaker 5: I was like, you can't do that, that's like, you can't do that, and she was with a man that can't taste, So I'm not even made.
Speaker 3: Caroline was already on your team before it started.
Speaker 9: I told her to be honest. I wanted to win fair and square. I wanted this to be a legitimate one. It was not legit, okay, So everybody was trying to be nice. Apparently what they.
Speaker 5: Said when you left out was we're not gonna hurt anna feelings. We're gonna look out for her friend. Are you okay with it?
Speaker 3: And I said, yes, I am.
Speaker 4: He said your lemon cake was like being on the hot ones, like it bade you want to cry it.
Speaker 3: Right here? You know how you bite on something right here? And they started to tingle.
Speaker 4: All right for logans.
Speaker 3: Okay, well two points right? Oh my god, see the hate that I get it? Did you see the head brim?
Speaker 9: I only want a fair judgment. Okay, moving on this one?
Speaker 4: Is within thirty yards is worth thirty eight points.
Speaker 9: The most career interceptions that has also played for Washington within their career.
Speaker 4: Who has the most career interceptions didn't have to play their whole career here, but has a lot of interceptions, lot of Okay.
Speaker 5: These questions for questions, they are not for humans.
Speaker 6: Darryl Green, No Champ, Bailey.
Speaker 9: Darryl Green, yeahs.
Speaker 5: Interceptions than Daryl. Champ has more interceptions than Daryl.
Speaker 1: Which player who has been to Washington, d C. But who didn't play for this franchise has the most tackles?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Invisible man, Yeah, Washington sideline. All right, listen these these questions and answers. I am. I'm through where they ask you know what number they had you at? Uh in interceptions?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: Well I did.
Speaker 5: I was the first player and watching the history of lead the team in interceptions my first four years.
Speaker 9: They had you at fifteen eighteen interceptions. Yeah that's really yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, twenty plus interceptions. Yeah that's pretty good. Well maybe that one.
Speaker 9: Guys, I feel like we should just give up on this trivia.
Speaker 2: Maybe I need oh one more, one more more?
Speaker 3: You won? Okay?
Speaker 9: Well wait, this one's really you is the coach?
Speaker 3: The lost? It just gets worse.
Speaker 9: I thought these were really good last night, they're not. Okay. Why does Jade and Daniels wear number five because.
Speaker 3: Of Damn McNab?
Speaker 5: How did you know that?
Speaker 3: I know everything? Hamiled it? Wow? Come on. I came with you thirty yas at Santana's.
Speaker 6: Yoah, that's true.
Speaker 9: Okay, are you ready?
Speaker 2: And it wants to and it wants to end on you missing one. What she's like, this is the last one, the last.
Speaker 4: Never lost on Monday Night Buffalo and only played in Kansas City, Dallas, Miami and.
Speaker 3: The Oilers.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Of those who participated in the combine in Washington's twenty running four draft class, ran the fastest forty.
Speaker 3: Mike Sanders Steel he didn't run, so it got to be McCaffrey.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, but you didn't give Bram his turn.
Speaker 3: Brow was already stoke once you brought up the combine.
Speaker 9: He was like, oh my god, the two points you got last round.
Speaker 4: I heard your lemon cakes like that sin elbow, shrimp cocktail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, choke on it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 6: And then all right, well that's it.
Speaker 9: Questions.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I really want to play Wheels of Washington again.
Speaker 6: I don't think he's made for We gotta get a real wheel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna say, at least a real wheel.
Speaker 9: Real wheel, real sads, real everything. This was, This was not I don't know if this is worth eating the jelly bean.
Speaker 4: Sob, you need to.
Speaker 3: Eat the jail jelly at least three jelly beans.
Speaker 2: Help me get the fart one.
Speaker 3: No, I ate that one last time.
Speaker 9: I feel like this is a waste to open the whole bat.
Speaker 3: I want to I need to come out. And because I don't eat your picking.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, no no, no, I dump I've dumped the random one in there.
Speaker 3: You gotta this is up.
Speaker 7: Okay, my god, this is horrible.
Speaker 5: Okay, So they give me the blue one because I know what daddy a flow ride?
Speaker 3: Okay, I like, isn't it too put him on the table.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna eat one.
Speaker 3: I will eat.
Speaker 2: I think it's toothpaste.
Speaker 3: You eat the brown over.
Speaker 4: I have a question for you all. How long is this show?
Speaker 3: Has ever been?
Speaker 1: Of?
Speaker 3: Like an hour in the head?
Speaker 9: This is pretty long. Sorry, No, I'm like not ready to like puke in the studio.
Speaker 3: Eat what we got? What we got?
Speaker 8: A what is it?
Speaker 4: I was it?
Speaker 9: I got the bury one.
Speaker 3: Eat the brown one. Nothing that's brown is good? Truth to eat the brown one. No, the one on the ground. Dead fish, Yes, I want you to dead fish.
Speaker 4: Eat it.
Speaker 3: Eat it?
Speaker 9: My gosh, it's fruit. Flavored again.
Speaker 3: All right, Next one, I'm through with it, all right?
Speaker 2: You still spit it out?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I don't really like jelly beans. Okay, one, guys, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: That doesn't worry.
Speaker 3: That used to be the candy of our of our decade when we walked in our grandma house and she just had a bowl.
Speaker 9: Last one is rotten egg?
Speaker 3: Alright, rotten it? Go for it?
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, got it?
Speaker 9: Yes, you can't tall, I really can't tall that kind of Actually, I don't think that was wrong. I think that was butter. Popcorn is still kind of grass.
Speaker 3: The popcorn is good. I was just in the blue watching the food.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't know this was gonna end with Anna eating jelly beans and spitting them out right in front of Yeah.
Speaker 3: But here we are.
Speaker 2: It's been a journey as usual.
Speaker 1: Ram Weinstein, the official voice of the Washington Commanders, here on this weekend as the Commander's take on the Jets and Meadowlands.
Speaker 4: That's Fred Smoot.
Speaker 2: I'm Michael Jenkins. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: Have a great week, longest show of all time.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders, for any of their representatives