Speaker 1: Official Jets Podcast is presented by win Bet. Betting is a team sport Back Together, It went back. Eric Allen here at one Jets Drive with my longtime partner, the mad backer, Bart Scott has arrived.
Speaker 2: We got a sponsor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, win bad. Hey, what do you think about the background, the black background that's dark?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. It's like when you wear the black uniforms. That means we mean business. So that means this podcast means business. That means this Jets season we mean business. And listen, I hope we.
Speaker 2: Can harness some of that inner Prime Time.
Speaker 3: Because I feel like, oh, I feel like I feel like the Jets this season is like Colorado. Right, they want to hate you, right, and they don't believe, right, Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Prime made the guys believe.
Speaker 3: And I hope, you know, Monday Night football, I hope a a Ryn silence all the haters and the dollars. I've never seen a team maybe since maybe since the second year of Rex people hate for no reason. I've never seen people always go the last half empty intead of glass half full. Since we were like the hated loud mouse. Right, And this is the crazy part, right, there's more than one way to skin a cat. And you understand, right, Sala hasn't said anything. Aaron Rodgers has been the perfect model citizen.
Speaker 2: Yet they hate anyway.
Speaker 3: Why right, everybody's so optimistic about the Detroit Lions. Right, you talk about a team that finished strong, the Jets were seven to nine. Usually, you know, people are happy, like, oh man, this this team is young. They're exciting. But when you bring in a four time MVP, so comes to hate for no reason.
Speaker 2: No reason.
Speaker 3: People can't even explain it. And it's not even the media, it's other general managers. It's the other guys that, oh, you can't build a team like this, and so the correlation between Prime only having ten players left on his roster from the year before, or you can't build a team like this. They are like the Jets haven't built the team the right way. They have built the team the way you want to build a team through the draft and made themselves attractive enough to be able to attract Alan Lazard. Because you're able to attract Nathan, you hack it who could have set on his ass quite frankly and collected a check, right, and it brings over everybody else. So they act like the Jets just went out and tried to be like the nineteen or the two thousand, I don't know what year.
Speaker 2: That was, Washington Redskins.
Speaker 3: Team that went out and just brought all these players in and went and ball to spend money. No, they strategically built this team the right way and they attracted a four time MVP. And everybody's mad. What have the Jets said? They hav't boasts them said anything. Everybody laughed when the Brass went out to California and all this stuff.
Speaker 2: It's funny like how everybody.
Speaker 3: Was, oh, man, it'd be great if Aaron Rodgers goes to the Jets, right, remember that when the season ended.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, he should go to the Jets, he should go to Jets.
Speaker 3: Well guess what he came to the Jets, and everybody now are upset. I feel like they're there, they're Colorado, and I feel.
Speaker 2: Like they're the Brooklyn Nets.
Speaker 3: Remember how everybody loved the Brooklyn Nets with the bird and Jared Allen. Oh man, this team plays right, And as soon as they got Kevin Durant and Kyrie Avery, oh they cheating?
Speaker 2: I hate him?
Speaker 3: Right, how's that hated? Nobody? Listen I've talked to people on my radio show.
Speaker 1: This guy's ready to roll today, subscribe, rate and review official jests, pot this guy is gonna be here throughout the twenty twenty three season. And we've been doing this together since two thousand and nine. Two thousand and nine is when we started doing contact.
Speaker 3: Is it time for us to get lifetime achievement awards? I don't know, like we should get the world's smallest trophy for our consistency.
Speaker 1: We used to call it Jets Radio back in the day. Oh man, I ran after you at Sunny Cortland asking you, begging you to come on.
Speaker 3: How far we come? We got, we got our own studio. Now we got big time sponsors. Right, who's going to give us handsome endorsement deals?
Speaker 2: You know? Coming soon?
Speaker 1: All right? So you just brought up a bunch of fascinating points. So why are the Jets so polarizing? Is it because they were under the bright lights of hard Knocks this summer? Is it because Aaron Rodgers joined the Jets? Is it because how do they have a number of young, talented players who are not polarizing at all? What is the deal? What is it? The brand? Is it what's happened in the past. Is it because bart Scott said the Patriots couldn't stop a nosebleed back in twenty ten?
Speaker 2: What is it? Well, when you.
Speaker 3: Look at it and you look at where the Jets are and you're saying, okay, this is a team that got one of the most polarizing players, right, And not only has he come and been a model citizen, he did everything.
Speaker 2: This year that he didn't do lash in Green Bay.
Speaker 3: So now they the courtunes were will he come and stay for ot as?
Speaker 2: What he what do he will he?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Would he mentor and come together with the young players? Would he be able to be one of the guys? And not only that, I mean he went on a dating circuit no other like no other. Right, He's been everywhere like you see him yesterday at the at the US Open, right or what is it he's.
Speaker 1: Got aer like you? Yeah, he was at the US right, US Open, He went to Taylor Swift, he took Sauce Gardner to the Knicks playoffs.
Speaker 2: So people listen, this is this is the thing. This is the thing.
Speaker 3: Right when you think about the New York Jets, like they've been the butt of everybody's jokes for decades, and much like when people are getting bullied, other people just join in because they don't want to be made fun of. Right, So like it's something cool, Right. You see it with the Mets in this town as well. Right, it's like because they've been one thing for such a long time, people think that they can't change their stripes. Like, well, you look at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. There used to be the cream Sickles. You look at the Saints, they used to be the Aints. You talk about a world in which the Cardinals went to the Super Bowl, Right, So people don't understand there's always a point.
Speaker 2: In history where things change.
Speaker 3: And you talk about you know, Woody Johnson and Chris bringing in Salah, bringing in Joe Douglas, all of a sudden, ain't nothing funny anymore. All of a sudden, there's long term plans. You're thinking about the present, you're thinking about the future, right, and the plan is working out in the development the first thing they had to do was come in and strip it down. They stripped it down over ugly lean years. But now, whether Aaron Rodgers was here or not, you still were in position to attract a car, right, you still probably could have attracted a Garoppolo. Why because people see and understand that the narrative is changing. But what happens is the people on the outside, their use and accustomed to the Jets been a certain way for the last ten years, since twenty ten, right, and so it's just it's low hanging fruit. But once again, I can't wait for these guys to prove everybody wrong, to silence the doubters and then say, now what do you say?
Speaker 2: Now what do you think? Right? Because I'm tired of the narrative? Right? Oh will he come?
Speaker 3: Well, they're going to get Listen, everybody decided to take a negative perspective. That's just one perspective, and that's because they're haters. And they hate because they understand that New York is one of the best cities, if not the best city in the world. Right, and they know that they really can't say anything about the other team around time because they got the hardware, right. But you know, if the Jets add another title there, they'll have to shut their mouths. And even if Aaron Rodgers comes here for two years and lee right, the foundation is set to still be a successful, competitive team with or without Aaron Rodgers. If you look at the development, you see guys ready to take the net set next step, you see guys like Jermaine Johnson, a light turning on. You understand that you know Joe Douglas, I think learned a lot from Ozie Newsom.
Speaker 2: He learned a lot from Roseman. Yeah, how Roseman? Right? And you look at how he has to set up.
Speaker 3: He has replacements in place, and everybody wanted to criticize the picks that he's made and nobody bats a thousand percent, but everybody wants to point out the ones that he didn't hit on. And to me, one of the greatest comeback stories. And everybody talks about who's going to be comeback player of the year. I would love to see Makai beck To become comeback player of the year, right. And it's amazing how the narrative can change, and from game to game, but from month to month, right, And sometimes it takes you talk about the value of Aaron Rodgers, not just about what he does on the field, but it's him being able to publicly lift Makai Beckon up. You don't think Makai heard that, You don't think. Makai believes that sometimes people don't understand that athletes sometimes are fragile, and a lot of athletes, even though they have this bravado like they're super confident, they're not a lot of.
Speaker 1: Times people expect you guys to be human beings.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean it's a lot a lot of athletes have huge insecurities.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: You don't know what it was like growing up being as big as Makai was right standing out. You see it now when it's popular for him to be a big guy three hundred pounds, It's like, oh wow, how do you think that was when he's fifteen, when he couldn't find shoes to fit, when he couldn't find clothes to fit, where he had to wear the same thing because clothes was You don't know what his life was and what insecurities that he have embedded, and.
Speaker 1: That it's also going to mess with your mind if you have two consecutive years that are ended.
Speaker 3: Begining and you start to hear the disappointment the bus he has to change. Best case scenario, Makai Beckton comes here and he balls out and he plays and he stays healthy and it just decide to buy in and make him part of this future of this core. And then Dwayne Brown moves on and he moves to left tackle.
Speaker 1: So you just talked about the talent that is here on the roster. Yes, I'd make the argument that you have at least ten blue chip players right now, Elijah Verrattalker, Dlvin Cook, Breist Hall, Garrett Wilson. And then you flip it on the other side of the ball. Yeah, Quinn Williams, saw CJ. Moseley, Sauce Gardner, DJ Reid, special teams, you got Justin Hardy. Okay, you talked about Jermaine Johnson.
Speaker 3: Well, guys who are poised to graduate from being right and I'm not who could listen, I think?
Speaker 1: And then you got the Hall of Fame quarterback who's a blue chip player?
Speaker 3: Still I believe that a guy like Jermaine Johnson could graduate this year and listen, Like I said, I played with Terrell Suggs, I play with Peter Brow where I played with Adelius Thomas. And it's a huge difference from the first year to the second year. And you know, I, you know I usually I did this little poll on a radio show and I was like, Okay, who do you think is going to have the bigger impact this year, Kavon Thibodeau or Jermaine Johnson.
Speaker 2: And I think Jermaine Johnson.
Speaker 3: Is poised to be a superstar wow this year, right, And I think he's poised to take the next step. And if he doesn't make a Pro Bowl, I expect him to be right there, poised for the next year to be expected to be a guy that's going to be one of the best pass rushers in this game. And you know, I think he's set up to be able to. You know, and like I said, when I go back to the the Asie Newsome in the Howie Roseman is you want to have guys people are well, they already got pass rushers. Why didn't they move up to get attack or why didn't they move up to get a guard or a high end def player off the offensive line. You have to understand that in football it's the redistribution of funds. Everybody can't stay and sometimes people have to graduate, but you want them to graduate a year later or the year early than too late. Right, So you talk about like, look how he has to set up why would you go get McDonald, Well, you understand that you know lost and has been great, and it was tremendous what he did taking a pay cut.
Speaker 2: That speaks to the culture, that speaks to him wanting to buy in.
Speaker 1: It speaks to him as a person.
Speaker 3: Right, him as a person, but also the environment in which the Jets have cultivated, in which somebody will say, you know what, I'd rather take less to stay here than to be released and go sign somewhere else because I believe in what they're building. But that also sets you up understanding that it's about the redistribution next year. See Solid worries about the now, Joe Douglas worries about the now.
Speaker 2: And the future.
Speaker 3: And the future is that you can't especially the hardest positions to pay are defensive end and you talk about corner, you talk about left tackle, right, those are those are the money positions that eats up a lot of money. Yeah right, So so so look at what Solid had means and what Joe has to prepare for. He has to prepare for the fact that you're going to have to make Sauce the highest paid corner in the league if he continues on this trajectory.
Speaker 2: Also, you have to prepare for the fact that you have.
Speaker 3: To make Garrett Wilson if he continues on it, and if if if you know a a Rizzle does what he does, he could, I would say, yeah, we talk We talked about war right, and you talk about you know, let's talk about Warren football.
Speaker 2: Terms like.
Speaker 3: What added value does Aaron Rodgers add to a guy like Garrett Wilson. So you look at that, if he has eleven yard eleventh hundred yards with you know, a carousel of quarterbacks, what does that mean if Aaron Rodgers there, So I would say that's worth four to five hundred more yards. So if that puts him at sixteen hundred yards, that puts him out there with the elite, That puts him there with Tyreek Hill, that puts him here with Devontae Adams.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Who knows if out there Jimmy g can even stay healthy enough, so he's gonna be in position.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the end of the year, he's the top five receiver.
Speaker 3: My point so the fact that you already have the replacements in place for redistribution, you already have lost in his replacement, You already have Dwayne's replacement. If you know Beckton, can you stay healthy and prove what he needs to prove. He can slide back over and go to the position that he covets and that he wants to play right, And so like you look at Vera Tucker, that has to be addressed right, and I feel like because of what he did and sacrificed, the.
Speaker 2: World don't know.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, Vera Tucker is the top five offensive lineman. He should be looked at as the same as well, not Linderbaum, the guy in Atlanta who's the highest PA guard right now. He should be looked upon as Zach Martin. He should be looked upon as Quentin Nelson. He should be looked at pon as one of the elite guards. But because he got injured and because he hasn't been able to stay in the same position, people don't realize how special he is.
Speaker 1: Isn't it interesting now that early on in the careers were thinking that it was gonna be Fara Tucker left guard, back then left tackle. Now it sets up in twenty three Faira Tucker right guard.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. But who knows?
Speaker 3: Right, it's always musical chairs, because just next year it could be them to their original spots, and we saw what that looked like when the short sample size his first year. I mean, because I feel like he's more comfortable on the left, but he's so talented, so versatile, like he's not only the swing guard, but he's the emergency tackle. I believe you know what I mean, because he performed at a high level there. So all in all, like this team is set up to be successful with or without Aaron Rodgers in the future. Does it make it more difficult if you don't have a Hall of Famer? But I think the Jets are making all the right moves. The time is now to capitalize. These windows open and close in. This window for the Jets have been closed for a long time, but I feel like it's opening because of they built it the right way.
Speaker 2: They didn go out and buy a bunch of free agents.
Speaker 3: And you know, salary cap hell right, right, they're in position right And do you make.
Speaker 1: Of them being twenty million under the salary cap and that flexibility? And also what was your reaction? Is a guy who's played puts his body on the line that and Rogers listen, he's a rich man, but he could sit there and say I'm gonna take every cent. Yeah, and he restructured a team friendly deal.
Speaker 3: Well, when you think about Aaron, I think he's at the point of his career and he came here.
Speaker 2: Why would you come here?
Speaker 3: Well, he came here because he saw something in his team and he saw an opportunity for him to do things. It's more ways skinners cap right, So the ways to win championships. Young quarterback before his deal win a championship or established quarterback with with with what we've seen. We've seen Peyton Manning do it. We've saw Matthew Stafford do it, and we saw Tom Brady do it. And I think that you know, the model in which the Jets are taking is the one where you think about because remember when Peyton Manning went to Denver, nobody expect him go Denver.
Speaker 2: They thought he was going to Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Yes, and and you look at Denver tried to do the same thing last year, but Russell Wilson wasn't up to the task, right, So you look at how he had He saw an opportunity for him to be able to have input and in buying some of the groceries and being able to bring some of the players over that he trust and that he has a comfortability with and also coming and not for him. I think he's ahead of Tom Brady. I'm sorry, in front of Tom Brady, and he's in front of Peyton Manning because he's coming over. He doesn't have to integrate his system.
Speaker 1: When they got to their new places right, when they got to right.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have to integrate his system and his beliefs with the coordinator because they're the same. Where when you think about remember what it was with Peyton Manning and how him and Kobiak and they didn't mesh and they had to figure it out, but they still went to the super Bowl the first year, lost to Seattle and came back and wanted the next year. You look at Tom Brady, they were ten and six, they were struggling. It took the buy for him and Bruce Aaron to get on the same page. I expected Jets to hit the ground running and understand that they have a difficult schedule. That's listen, you can't avoid these teams. It's good to play these teams now, in my opinion, because now when you get to see him the second time, you know how you match up and you'll be able to make adjustments.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited.
Speaker 3: And the fact that they did that allows them to do and listen, the Jets are modernizing their strategy because not only did do you have the money? And Corey Davis decided to hang it up? And you know that's a personal decision for everybody, but it's glass half full. Looking at the bright side. It opened up a tremendous salary cap space as well. So you look at that and what's been going on for these past years.
Speaker 1: I say, it is shocking that this roster is so deep and talented that you're entering the season and you got twenty million.
Speaker 3: You're right, and it's going to get deeper. That's the thing. So this is the thing. You can go and talk to a guy like Makai right now. I mean you can go talk to a guy like Bear Tucker right now. Get that out the way front. Load that, let it replenish and still be in great salary cap space. Yeah, and then you still have money and powder dry. The NFL has become like baseball. If you feel like you're close, you go and you make it undeniable.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: You look at what you know, Odell Beckham going to to the Rams. You look at you look at last year, you know, bringing in and Domakin Sue bringing in?
Speaker 2: Uh was it Robert Quinn? No, no, no, Philly, no Sue.
Speaker 1: And then who was the other defensive tackle? There was another defensive line?
Speaker 3: Yeah they you was played for Minnesota for a long time. Joseph Limbo Joseph, I don't think that full Well, it doesn't matter the names, and it's the pass rushing from Chicago. You look at Baltimore bringing over ray Kwan Smith's so like now, the Jets aren't positioned that if those opportunities present themselves and they're close, or if somebody goes down, they can make a trade. Because now you're all in two years chips in the middle of the table. The Jets aren't tremendous financial.
Speaker 2: Position.
Speaker 1: So we got to get to a few things very quickly. How happy are you that the Jets went out and got a big fat guy next to Quinn, Williams and al Woods.
Speaker 2: Well, you know I was putting you know, I was pushing for fat boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm not taking a shot at him. I'm just saying more of that big boney. Yeah, that big jud line up a space eater you and for you, that was the fact guy and.
Speaker 3: A guy that and a guy that plays at a big at a tremendous level, Like, listen, what and they'll never do it because I think they see the Jets as competition. But what if they say, hey, man, Chris Jones, you know whatever, You never know what shakes loose, right, you never know what happens, right. You got guys on inspiring deals, so like you can get guys on inspiring deals that want to come in and just win a championship. You have teams that's going to sell off, you know, and listen, I can play general manager.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying this is anything that's just doing. I'm just speculating.
Speaker 3: I look at it at a position and you ask yourself, who's potentially going to be sellers?
Speaker 1: You're already looking ahead of the trade that line.
Speaker 3: Right, So you because I'm because I want to explain to people how important the twenty million dollars is, right, who are going to be sellers potentially?
Speaker 2: Who is in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes?
Speaker 3: So you talk about you talk about Tampa because they don't have the answer at quarterback, so they would love to stink and get the number one pick. You look at in my opinion, and listen, I'm usually right. People say I's crazy, I'm no hot taking here. Look at a team like Arizona, who if they get Kayler Williams, they can release in a year, They can release Kyler Murray and get cheap and potentially get an upgrade at the quarterback position, right because they're starting over a new coach. So look at a team like that, right, and then I look at a team like your ask yourself, who else can be a team that potentially could be like bottom of the NFL. Right, And I'm trying to think I'm drawing some blanks, but definitely those two teams right there. So a guy like Mike Evans who may or may not Yo, he's not gonna get a new deal.
Speaker 1: Well, just looking at the reports, yeah, it seems like they have a deadline coming up.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine adding Mike Evans to this roster with a rizzle, you know what I'm saying, knowing that you got the money to give him like a two year deal, right, could you think about Okay, yeah, we got some tight ends in this division, Kelsey, we gotta deal with Andrews. And you say, you know what Arizona, give us budda baker. Do you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yes, So what I'm saying is Joe Douglas is playing chess not checkers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna have the flexible. It's going to be players, gonna be teams looking the deal who had their eyes set on the future. Like you talked about. The Jets were in a different position a couple of years ago and they were the sellers. But now potentially we could see them being the buyers once again.
Speaker 4: Jets fans, we're in our final push and the clock is ticking. Win Bet is giving you a golden opportunity to win VIP prizes for the twenty twenty three season. The win Bet Green Room is the most exclusive space at the stadium with all inclusive food and beverage, lower level seats, and appearances by Jets legends and celebrities. New Jersey customers, all you need to do is wager at least one hundred dollars bets sports book or casino. For New York customers, all you need to do is wager at least one hundred dollars on when be's the sports book. The best part you get an entry for every one hundred dollars you wager.
Speaker 1: Tony Adams, undrafted free agent out of Illinois, takes over as the starting position next to Jordan Whitehead. What do you think about his opportunity here in the second professional.
Speaker 3: Year, Like you said, he played, listen to be able to have an opportunity to be on a defense that's ranked like this and then be able to have brand names around you and rather people remember or wanting to recognize Whitehead was one of the free agents that took a chance on this organization when people would say, like, this team isn't going to win, and what a difference a year makes? Right, first year tough sledding, but they I think they know over achieved and surprised a lot of people the record it was and not adn't finished strong, but they were in it all the way to the end. November could have snuck in two wins, beat the Lions. Couple teams could have had opportunity to sneak in. But when he decided to sign here, people looked at him like while he signed there, and you know, I love the fact that CJ. Mosley, who has endured a lot, and a guy like Quinnen has endured a lot gets an opportunity to put their talents on a big stage, right and be able to say, Okay, I play meaningful games. People can really see the quality player that he is and a quality leader that those guys are. Right, he's kind of an elder statesman, you know what I'm saying. And the fact that you know, Adams gets to play and be a part of that, right, and it's an opportunity. I can remember a guy like Landry who played here. Dwan played here and he was the only rookie that started for us when I was a member of the Baltimore Ravens, and it was Ed Reed, samari Roll, Chris McAllister, myself, ray Lewis, Helodinada, Adelius, Thomas Terrell sucks and.
Speaker 2: Like they're like, who the hell is this guy? Right?
Speaker 3: He held his own and that's what that's what Tony's gonna have to do. He's gonna have to be reliable and understand that he wasn't given this opportunity. He earned it and you have to get that inferiority complex out of your mind and say, why not introduce myself to the NFL.
Speaker 1: I think he's a confidence cat a confident cat. And the other thing is those cornerbacks. It's gotta be quite enticing if you are a safety that hey, I'm lining up with sauces out here, DJ's out here, I'm Michael Carter the seconds out here as well.
Speaker 3: Michael Carter second is the most underrated player on this team. I mean to play his position, that's that slot corner. He plays at such a high level that that's why I love the fact that you have these primetime games, because I think that he can become a household name and he can find his way in the Pro Bowl as well. He may be a guy that with that twenty million, you better get him now before the you know, before we be talking and sitting in here like Fat Joe, Today's price is not yesterday's price.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's a guy sneaky that you just want to lock up because it's hard to find guys that can play where receivers have two way goals and they sitting there going in motion, you know what I mean. So all in all, you know, I mean, this is a happy podcast, right, this is the first one.
Speaker 2: This is the first y Hey.
Speaker 1: How helpful is it? Offensively? To add Delvi into the equation. As Brice works his way back, they continue to say throughout the summer that he looks tremendous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he shouldn't have to, right, It's different guys jumping on your back. It's different once you know, you start getting fatigued, right, And you know, we would think and hope that everybody could be Adrian Peterson, but that guy's one of one. And you know, I think you want to play the long game with BRIT's Hall and you don't want to have a you know, because usually what happens if you have a ACL then you worry about the opposite Achilles, right, if you rush back too soon. So you want him to continue to prehab and understand that it's still a process. But the fact that not only as you have a guy like Dalvin Cook that can carry some of the load, he also has, you know, a guy that has played at such a high level that he can learn something from as well, and he can add some stuff to his game from a guy like Dalvin and be able to be a one to two punch to stay rested so that when you get into those second halves in the second half of the season, you guys are so much fresher kind of like I take it back to when you know Thomas Jones was running through everybody, but then he ran out of steam and Sean Green was right there to take the baton, like thank you, big fella, you got us here it off. I got you right, and like hey, I got you and he was jacked up on mountain dew. But Brees gets to do it as a second year guy, not a first year guy, right, So that means that he understands how to take care of his body. He understands the demands on a long season, so understand you know you want Breese peeking and ready to go with that speed when everybody's slowing down and when everybody's running. See, because I think the difference in his speed and his explode in the second half when everybody else is beating up, and also when you think that the the surfaces slow down, it's just going to accentuate his speed so much more. When he gets in the second half, when guys are tired, beat up and you're running in inclement weather, I think he becomes that guy that's like, yo, this guy's playing on a different speed level.
Speaker 1: Because Aaron compared them, compared him to Amn Green, the guy used to play with in Green.
Speaker 3: And I love it Mine Green and mine Green got the Widow Peak men and mine Green had a lot of fun with each other. He's a huge gamer and I used to like me and him used to host like Matten tournaments together and stuff like that. But Mine Green never had the speed that Brees had and is too speed, so you know, mine was thick. But I would compare Bree as an opponent and as somebody that I've seen before. I would compare him with Chris Johnson. Hmm, Chris Johnson, like once he get that scene, it ain't nothing you can do, Like objects will appear further in the review, Like once he like once he hits that yeah, and those little weak arm tackles and oh I'm engaged, but let me put my arm out, he gonna kick right through that, right, So, like I would say, remember Chris, Chris, Chris Johnson was probably about six six one right as well, Right, a mom is a lot shorter, and you think or I would say, like a young Fournette, really, you know what I mean, Like just but not for Nette, not for Nette, No, No, our guy that was.
Speaker 2: Here from Chicago.
Speaker 1: Forte Forte, but Forte with a lot more guess as far as speed, nothing else.
Speaker 2: Chicago Forte had had a little bit more juice two lane.
Speaker 3: But but this guy, that's what I'm saying, Breese's speed or also Jamal Charles.
Speaker 2: He gave me a lot of Jamal Charles vibes.
Speaker 1: All right, So what's the ball distribution gonna look early for the Jets? You got the big guy and that's outside. You got seventeen. You mentioned Lizard and Cob. Obviously those guys have played with Aaron before Breach coming back from injury. Delvin in the backfield, he hasn't practiced a lot yet. I know you can get them as much as up to speed as possible before week one, but just early on, how do you think.
Speaker 3: Well, you gotta be able to get a feel, because you got to get a feel for your linemen and right the way guys block and how to read their blocks and how they their tennessees and stuff like that. So I mean, I expect the Jets to to kind of pass the run, you know what I mean early on, and I expect Aaron to use the short pass game. Yeah, and that's the extension of the run, you know what I mean, like a lot of flat routes and checkouts and stuff like that and taking shots and then you know, you got to run to I think they're gonna have to run to close games out. And I think as the season goes on, I think that kind that narrative starts to change probably about like week three, I think, and the running backs be ready to go, because neither one of them really had a preseason. So it's about getting their timing down in their field or the offensive line, because you know, like I said all the time, the best running backs for these are great running backs, you have to have patience to the whole and acceleration through the hole. And so I think that that's what they're going to have to do. And that's about timing, right, because you have to see it and wait for it to open up. But you have to know certain guys do things the same way, but different, right. You know, the objective is to move your guy, to give your running back a butt to be able to cut off of and get movement. That's going to take a while, right, And it's going to take a while for them to figure out what's the best type of runs against the best type of fronts. The past game is easy because AA run is going to be able to figure things out, see what guys are doing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like it's funny right when you think about you know, when you know hard knocks in the in the one Jet drive, yeah one just drive as well, right, and you think about, you know, Aaron, like you're not coming back up, right, you can't fool with that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: So like he's seen it all.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's going against some of the most complex defenses, including you know the Jets defense that was pretty complex that he you know, had to figure out where who's coming, and we had guys that were smart and intelligent that knew how to disguise.
Speaker 1: So the fact that you know, I just played well that one death or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Steve Wellerford thought he could pick up the fourth in nineteen and realized that, you know, eighteen eight nineteen.
Speaker 2: But anyway, that's a different story for a different time.
Speaker 1: He always crushed in.
Speaker 2: But the fact, yeah, he's still crushing it, right.
Speaker 3: So the fact the fact that you can you know, Aaron's going to be able to decipher and so like, whatever you give him, he's going to take right. So if you want to say, okay, well they got Dalvin Cook and Breese Hall, let's stopped the run, He's going to pick you apart with the one on ones right. And if you decide to say, okay, well we're going to play heavy coverage, he has no problem checking the draws and screens. And what I love is and what I've always appreciated about Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers in particular, but Green Bay was always great at the screen game, whether it's the legal pick plays on a goal line, the quick screens on the goal line, or the running back screens on the goal line. Right, I expect the screen game to be a big part, big part of especially the run game and extension of it.
Speaker 1: Aaron the best touchdown interception ratio on NFL history, protects the football. The other thing is, if you'll look back at those stats when Hackett was there with him in Green Bay in twenty twenty, I think their red zone efficiency was eighty percent touchdowns inside the red soone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's like he's going to get the motion, he's going to get the information. You can try and hide it all you want, But once he motions the goals to empty comes back from anthy you got to show your cards. And he's going to find somebody that's a mismatch, and he's going to find a weak link, and he's going to keep attacking him over and over again, whether it's quick screens, whether it's everybody thinks it's a run, but him and the receiver, the non verbal communication. That's why I spend all this intimate time with so vital and so important, you know, on the field and off the field.
Speaker 1: All right, So quick thoughts about next Monday night. Now, this podcast is gonna go out. Here's another plug for you. Bart is gonna be on Judge Game Day with Robert Sala That airs Sunday mornings, also on New York tous dot com and YouTube.
Speaker 2: I'm everywhere. I'm living in your TV you are.
Speaker 1: With that being said, Bill's coming to town. What do you think about before we get to the matchup? Just the long week and then the night game. You are the final game of that weekend, and had anticipation building and a big divisional opponent coming to town and Aaron Rodgers making his debut and it's the twenty second anniversary of nine to eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think it's gonna be super emotional.
Speaker 3: A lot of these guys don't understand the gravity of because they weren't around. And I think a lot of these guys were so young that they didn't watch it live, right. I believe I was in college, right, So that means that these guys who were not even someone probably wasn't even born or they're born right nine to eleven, yeah.
Speaker 1: But they yeah a lot of.
Speaker 3: Nights, so imagine the fact that a lot of them didn't really even understand what had happened, you know.
Speaker 1: So like so it's probably for the crowd.
Speaker 2: For the crowd, I.
Speaker 3: Think they're going to feel the energy for the crowd like, oh man, like this is big. And I think they're going to understand because they're here and they're going to be hearing things leading up in the Sunday before where they read the names and all that stuff. I think they're going to start to understand this is big. And I think it's going to be able to affect the bills as well, because even though it's not it's still New York, right, So I think they're going to feel as well. Understanding they're running to a place that's electric, that's going to be more electric than it's ever that what they're used to a custom like, man, this is crazy today night, it's going to be crazy.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's going to rival Sunday Night nine to eleven against the Cowboys?
Speaker 2: I think it will.
Speaker 1: Ten year anniversary, I think it will.
Speaker 3: I absolutely think it will because the expectations of both teams are much higher.
Speaker 2: I know they say.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys are supposed to do something every year, but come on, man, like.
Speaker 2: Nobody believed that back then.
Speaker 3: People had believed us because we had showed it the year before. Yes, right, So I think their anticipation about us, But I think these are both teams that people believe if they represent the AFC and the Super Bowl wouldn't be surprised. So I think this is heightened because it's a divisional opponent, which you talk about the divisional opponents, they.
Speaker 2: Know each other more.
Speaker 3: You know, you talk about when we played the Cowboys, it was America's team, or supposed the America's team, but it wasn't a divisional opponent, right, So I think it's a lot different in that respect, where now you talk about the hatred the fan base and how many Bills fans have you know, act like they you know, use their cousin's address and paid money to try and sneak a ticket right to get in. You talk about the height, the media everything. I think it could be. It can rival that. I think it should exceeded because of the quarterback that's on both sides.
Speaker 2: This is the guys where you.
Speaker 3: Say, hey, if either one of these guys have the ball.
Speaker 2: With the game on the line, get your popcorn ready?
Speaker 1: Do you expect close? Again?
Speaker 3: I don't think it has to be because I think when you look at when I look at the Bills on the Bill side, they have a lot of unknowns. I think the Jets have a lot of knows right. This would be the first time without Fraser. They haven't looked well in the preseason. They haven't figured out the run game. So if they become one dimensional, you're talking about, in my opinion, if not the best cornerback duel in the game, clearly exactly, I think top five. And now you talk about this defensive line that's been hunting and people say, well, the Jets didn't really address you know, a superstar or a great guy opposite Quentinn Williams.
Speaker 2: But guess what, they don't run the ball all.
Speaker 3: So now you're telling me you're going to become a team that's going to drop back with all those dogs on that on that front line rotating in, you know, trying to hunt down Josh Allen and then if those first and second windows aren't open, you're going to give that defensive line the opportunity to continue to hunt.
Speaker 2: And I think you talk about.
Speaker 1: This defense has had a lot of success against Saleing.
Speaker 3: I know, and now they've gotten deeper, right and now you on the other side, now you put pressure on the Bills because you have the ability to score like you've never been able to score. The expectations is that you think that Aaron Rodgers is going to be.
Speaker 2: Able to put up points.
Speaker 3: So now that's more pressure for them to become one dimensional trying to keep pace. So how do you keep pace if you if you don't really attempt to run the ball.
Speaker 2: And now you're going to make.
Speaker 3: Your offensive line and continue to pass set against guys that are coming in in waves. Remember the offensive line is going to take every play. Just defensive line. You know, you got guys like huff, it's the closer like he'd got. He's like Mariano Rivera. He comes in like two minute drill in the first in the second quarter, might be his fifth snap in the second quarter.
Speaker 1: You're Nascar packages. You've sun so many options.
Speaker 3: And then Dennis, remember the first time that you're You're not in football shape and game shape until like game three, because it's the first time that you're going to be going as hard as you can for the however many snaps you have to take where the Jets are going to be able to throw pass rushers out that for them, Like, Okay, if right now I only can give you twenty great snaps, well that's fine, because I got I need to get other people great snaps anyway.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So like where those are offensive Line'm like, yo, they keep coming like that, I'm coming up.
Speaker 2: I'm coming up.
Speaker 3: This dude's running off the sideline, you know, after four plays and I've been chasing this other dude around all day.
Speaker 2: He running around. You know how much energy you.
Speaker 3: Have if you know all you got to do is do two pass rushers and sprint to the sideline and people look at it.
Speaker 2: People look like, yo, this.
Speaker 3: Dude been drinking gatorade for three minutes. I've been, you know, chasing people around. It wears you down.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, and it may be hot, it might not be hot, all right, So this is something that we're gonna focus on the television show. It's gonna be interesting to see if the Bills they say that they're going to be more committed to the run, Let's see what happens.
Speaker 2: If they fall behind, you know, and again.
Speaker 1: And what the counter is with them playing more maybe twelve personnel because they got Dawson Knox and then they drafted Kinkaid and then I'm gonna really judge.
Speaker 3: Let's see if kink can pass block and if you let me tell you, if you want to see a Sack highlight package, it's gonna feature tight ends against defensive ends. So just because Kinkaid is there, don't mean that he damn sure. I guarantee you every defensive end that the Jets have will much rather go against him than against their tackles.
Speaker 1: So good luck, and then we're gonna dive into this as well as that No Tremaine Edmunds, Matt Milano very good player, but who's gonna fill that void and the Jets Runners cannot only get it done on the ground. Those guys are effective pass catchers, yes, so, and you're talking about Rogers in the short passing game. And then these tight nds complement each other. So it's gonna be fun season prediction for the Jets. Where do you think they end up? As far as division is concerned. How many wins you got for the Steam I got them with thirteen. That one's AFC East set a top two seed in the AFC, You think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I think I think when you look at the AFC North, they're gonna feed on each other, right, I think they're gonna feed on each other. And listen, this division is going to be highly competitive. But I think all things considered, right, I think the Jets. You know, people talk about, okay, the Jets, Achilles Hill, everybody is flawed. And see whether you want to talk about the Ravens and their lack of cornerbacks. You want to talk about you know, Joe Burrow, and you talk about the fact that they don't have Von Bell and Jesse Bates anymore. They got young safeties and that was a big part of their game. You know, you can go back to Tour's health, you can go to the lack of run game.
Speaker 2: I think right season, I.
Speaker 3: Believe that the Jets are better equipped if I got to have a flaw and a weakness that you have a lack of depth at the offensive line. I much rather have a Hall of Fame quarterback because history proves that those guys can overcome, because they're quick decision making, because their ability to think the game can overcome maybe a lack of great offensive player, not Sandy. The Jets won't have that because I believe if they're healthy, you know, I think they have a deep you know, you talk about their their their front five, if Becton's Becton. You know, people always talk up about Dwayne Brown though he's but once again, like I talk about the Jet hate, I've never heard anybody criticize the age of Andre Whitworth, who played two He's forty one, and if you look at the resume, and that's all you can do, compare apples to apples. If you look at the resume, Dwayne Brown and his five Pro Bowls and All Pros was greater than Whitworth. But they hate on his age because he's playing for the Jets.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 2: Keep it real?
Speaker 3: All all I asked the haters to do is be consistent in your arguments. So if you have a guy that's like Whitworth that played well with two torn rotator cups, how you expect them to play this year with two operational rotator cups? And you have Becton who's playing at the level he has, and you talk about it just.
Speaker 1: And then you adopted the tackle positions. So if somebody, I'm just saying, if somebody goes down, you do have Billy Turner, but you do have Max Mitchell.
Speaker 2: But but I just like it. Make it make sense.
Speaker 3: Beck then is his rookie year was just as good as Tristan Worths, just as good.
Speaker 2: It was better than Andre Thomas.
Speaker 3: And so if he's healthy and being able to do what he does, you have to to you know, let's just say he's above average right tackle Dwayne Brown and his his resume suggests that he's Whitworth. I just told you very Tucker, in my opinion is your top five offensive guard and LinkedIn Thomas is a pro bowler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the hell are we talking about?
Speaker 1: And then you got you got we Schweizer, and you got Joe Tim was taking the second round.
Speaker 3: Make it makes sense, People like like I understand that you may say they don't have depth and everybody has to stay healthy, but let's just go with the starting five and let's talk about who they are and let's keep it consistent.
Speaker 1: So listen, top three roster and football correct of.
Speaker 2: Course, and it's only going to get better because we got some money.
Speaker 1: So bart's got put it down. Thirteen and four AFC East Champs, maybe even the top seed in AFC. Thirteen's got to be right in the mix Erteen's right there.
Speaker 3: I don't think nobody wins fourteen, so it's gonna come with tie breakers. Okay, right, subscribe, no, Chris Jones, subscribe.
Speaker 1: Review like us on YouTube. We'll be back next week Tuesday, after the Jets and the Bills play, and before the Jets go to Jerry worlds the Green and White against the Cowboys in week two.
Speaker 2: Jerry, you ain't scary