Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and That's what you Really miss podcast Q and A.
Speaker 2: It's time been a minute.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, let's do it all right.
Speaker 3: We're jumping in. I'm not even let's there's just really good questions.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Let's just go hot seat.
Speaker 1: Which musical do you wish had its ownly tribute episode? If we hadn't been so deeply ingrained with Spring Awakening? I think it would have been great. I have another one.
Speaker 2: What's your other one?
Speaker 3: You're a good man, Charlie Brown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would have been great.
Speaker 1: I'm in my Broadway right now, listening on my playlist, so a lot of Broadway lately, and I'm going back into the deep archives of like really good musicals that I haven't listened to in a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Charlie Brown, topical list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have been awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about you, Kevin?
Speaker 2: Phantom of the Opera, stop it.
Speaker 3: You get out of here right now. That's the end of the episode. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Rachel Ziegler said that she wants to be in Phantom of the Opera. I would love that play. The Phantom, Yes you could. Why are you laughing, Jenna? What is that so funny?
Speaker 3: Have you listened to her Rita by the way?
Speaker 2: Oh I saw it? R her voice suh oh yeah she didn't miss a single note.
Speaker 3: I yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: What is your least favorite musical?
Speaker 1: It used to be Mamma Mia m used to be emphasis on the ust.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know now. Mama Mia was really deep, deeply hated in my home.
Speaker 1: But I don't changed my mind.
Speaker 2: It still change.
Speaker 1: I like I changed my mind.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about you?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel like I don't have enough knowledge. Fair Like. There's also a difference between like seeing a bad production of something and like a, yeah, is the show just bad? Or is the production bad? Right?
Speaker 3: No, that's fair.
Speaker 2: Would either of you film a show or movie in Australia? Absolutely? Of course? Maybe yeah.
Speaker 1: If you could insert yourself in a movie musical, which one would you want to be in?
Speaker 3: Tata Boom, oh my god, Newsies? Yeah, good one. That's a really good one for you.
Speaker 2: I can't dance like that though.
Speaker 3: Favorite project you've done outside of.
Speaker 2: Glee, uh spelling bee m.
Speaker 3: It's a tie, Waitress, Bring Awakening or Hello Again?
Speaker 1: The musical.
Speaker 2: Waitress, Jenna, you got to get back on the stage.
Speaker 1: I am not saying in years it's the same, but here I am. There's rumors about drama between the Glee and Smash shows. Is any of that true?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, we didn't even know each other.
Speaker 1: I actually didn't even know that that was true. Yeah, same half of our friends are in Smash.
Speaker 3: Yeah so no.
Speaker 2: Ooh, let's say Rent two thousand and five didn't happen cast it for twenty twenty five. I need some time to think about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need time too. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't. I'm not so in the No.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's great. Let's think about that and revisit it.
Speaker 1: All right, Rachel zig Are, what was the space between recording the songs for Late to filming their performances? Like space?
Speaker 3: No space?
Speaker 2: Sometimes it was the next day, and that sometimes to.
Speaker 3: Be like a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the beginning, maybe it could have been like a week or two, but got chopped down.
Speaker 3: Well, Kevin stage door at Spelling Bee.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm going to try to as much as possible as long as I can still speak or don't speak at all, and just yeah, but yes, I'm absolutely going to try to most of the time. If I don't, it's, you know, either I'm not feeling well, I'm tired, or I have to do something. But I'm glad. That's yeah.
Speaker 1: Without I mean, you are not obligated to do a stage door. Nobody's obligated to do a stage I know.
Speaker 2: I just feel bad. I know.
Speaker 1: But you also don't have to explain yourself when you don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm learning. Do you still remember any choreography?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I remember last name you always. I don't know why I can.
Speaker 3: I could do it right now.
Speaker 2: Is Leah's voice actually is magical in real life? It sounds the exact same in real life. Yes, there's zero. It is remarkable how little difference there is between her recorded voice and it's pretty it's it's the same. Oh, what character would you want to play from musicals you've reviewed so far?
Speaker 1: Musicals have reviewed? I would do.
Speaker 3: Like Penny from hairspry Ooh.
Speaker 2: Good one who in Greece? Oh yeah, I don't think good roles for me in Greece?
Speaker 3: Eugene exactly. No, you could be one of the t.
Speaker 2: Birds for sure, sure, any of the t birds. That would be fun.
Speaker 1: Oh, dream musical as you guys. Oh yeah, you could be in Nashville dream musicals. You guys would like to star in.
Speaker 2: Bands were the Opera.
Speaker 1: It's funny because like, I feel old now, Like I go back to all these old musicals that I grew up like loving, like thoroughly Modern, Millie and Little Women and Charlie Brown and Ada and Miss like Gun and lay Miss, and I'm like, wow, those are so old now.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean they're not good and that you don't want to do them.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I would definitely do all of them.
Speaker 2: What's your top top one? If they called you today, you wouldn't have to think about it and you'd be like.
Speaker 1: My age didn't matter, yes, miss Like Yes, definitely favorite childhood musical.
Speaker 2: I mean Annie was up there, also, Lion King.
Speaker 1: Lion King for sure, Greece for sure, Annie Bye Bye, Bertie.
Speaker 2: Uh that thing you do? Great movie musical, Yeah, we need to watch that.
Speaker 1: Jenna cameo on Gray's Anatomy versus Acting on Broadway again.
Speaker 2: Great question.
Speaker 1: Broadway.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, Jenna kind of hurts a little bit. Jenna, how do you feel about the legacy of Spring Awakening?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: My gosh, I feel like there's something else coming, but like, I don't feel like it's done yet. But I love that it lives on, that they did the documentary, that people still talk about it.
Speaker 3: I hope people still love it.
Speaker 1: Do people still listen to it?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think so?
Speaker 1: I think so. Right, It's not well most it's not like a popular musical that's done in schools because of the content content.
Speaker 3: But I I wish more people would do it, But I love that it lives on.
Speaker 4: I'm Kristin Davis, host of the podcast Are You a Charlotte? The most anticipated guest from season three is here Betray to My Charlotte. Kyle McGlaughlin joins me to relive all of the magical train in char moments. He reveals what he thinks of Trey giving Charlotte a cardboard baby.
Speaker 1: Why would I bring her a cardboard baby?
Speaker 3: I was literally I was like, this doesn't track for me at all.
Speaker 4: When he found out Trey's shortcomings, I'm kind of excited to talk about.
Speaker 3: You know, I think he's he's a guy spends time in Central Park.
Speaker 1: You know, he's probably don't'll be some surgery stuff, you know, And I was like, all this kind of stuff going on, and they were like, yeah, yeah, yeah, fine, and they said, but he's impotent, and I was like, he's impotent.
Speaker 4: And why he chose not to return to it?
Speaker 1: Just like that, they came and presented an idea and I was like, I get I see it. It's so kind of a one joke idea.
Speaker 4: You don't want to miss this. Listen to Are you a Charlotte on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts?
Speaker 2: Thoughts on a Glee musical and similar format to spelling Bee.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, I don't know how that would actually happen.
Speaker 2: You'd have to do it in like a competition.
Speaker 1: And like as characters within the show, yeah, or mash off or something like that.
Speaker 2: Like, well no, I was like, oh, yeah, I guess it would be in competition with each other. Yeah, because regionals would be too much. You have other teams and stuff that'd be too much, right, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: That could be fun though.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If Glee did a high school musical episode, which one would Jenna and Kevin do as a duet or solo starts to the top.
Speaker 2: It's not what I would want to do, but you know, that's what we would do.
Speaker 1: And This's best friend is four and she's watching a lot of high school musical and her favorite one is too.
Speaker 2: We have to watch it people.
Speaker 3: It's coming. Emma also really likes the soundtrack.
Speaker 2: Well, people have been talking to me about this more because we've been doing this, and everyone is saying high School Musical two is the one.
Speaker 3: You wait, okay? If Glee sung the Avida album, who would sing?
Speaker 2: What? Oh Jenny, You're gonna have to do this?
Speaker 1: I don't okay, they suggested. Tina sings another Suitcase in Another Hall and boy, are you right? That's my dream? Oh yeah, you know what my favorite musical, Children of Eden, Oh my gosh, what is that? It's a Stephen Schwartz musical and it is you just have to go listen to it. It's like based on the Book of Genesis and Adam and Eve and canaan Abel and he does songs. He writes songs about all of these characters. And when I tell you, he writes like wicked level songs and all of his musicals this is what I'm talking about, Like they are.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: There's a song called Sparkle Creation that's in there. This a song called Stranger to the Rain and like it is beautiful lost in the wilderness.
Speaker 3: Okay, you have to go listen to that.
Speaker 2: That sounds familiar.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you've heard it people wailing on that song.
Speaker 3: Ps. When we talked to Anna Pascal, he was talking about how he's never been trainened musically, what vocally, He's not properly trained. He just in his living room as a tanner, just learned what felt good and what didn't.
Speaker 1: And that's how he figured out how to make his voice work like that eight times. By the way, I just wanted to throw that out there. It was like, wow, well.
Speaker 3: I hate him?
Speaker 2: What a monster?
Speaker 3: No, it was really just mind buggling.
Speaker 2: Oh, speaking of I didn't tell you I saw bat Boy with Alex Nolan.
Speaker 1: How was it?
Speaker 2: First of all, that show is bonkers, Yes, it really is. It's a crazy show.
Speaker 1: I would like to hear how Alex.
Speaker 2: However, everybody was great. Taylor Trench, Oh my god, Taylor Trench as that little weirdo bat Boy, My heaven was great.
Speaker 3: I love Taylor Trench.
Speaker 2: Everyone is really wanted for Alex comes out fun for one song and act two and it's never to be seen again.
Speaker 3: Honestly, like very shocked at Alex.
Speaker 2: I was like, what dam I taketed Alex? At intermission, I was like, I love an act two for you. I had no idea but a bunch of spelling be folk went and it was great and I got to.
Speaker 3: See how fun? Yeah was it the City Center?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that what they're doing? Favorite unreleased to Glee cover.
Speaker 1: I'm scared? Tell him? Is love the way you lie?
Speaker 2: Josh Chi, I'm never gonna get that.
Speaker 3: Run there it is? Yeah, when Amber does it, it's no I know, but unmatched.
Speaker 2: You guys, it's so good.
Speaker 1: We sho could hear it?
Speaker 2: Nope? Which song do you wish you've been able to sing? I honestly, I wish I got to do more.
Speaker 3: Queen mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Because that was I mean that was obviously really early on with Somebody to Love. But I pushed me so hard to like do singing I was uncomfortable with, and I wish I gotd to do more stuff. I mean, that's not true. I got to do so much stuff that pushed me uncomfortably, especially towards the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah you did, but I get it.
Speaker 2: I care. Queen would have been fun for sure, I mean uncomfortably in a good way, like it pushing.
Speaker 1: Definitely, definitely. I just would have loved to do like another selling song as Tina, not as Rachel, but just like as Tina. Okay, one more question. I just started listening to my Glee Christmas playlist. Wow, what's your favorite Glee Christmas song? God Recue Marriage? Oh, it's God rec married gentlemen, but honestly bangers, bangers like everything is good.
Speaker 2: Not to toot my own horn because I don't think I particularly sound great on it, but the arrangement of a little drummer.
Speaker 1: Boy, Oh, I think it's great.
Speaker 3: Kevin so good.
Speaker 2: I'm not happy with my vocal on that. But oh. Someone said, what was it like working with Jonathan Groff? Heaven? Well, yeah, heaven. Someone said what shows am I going to see? Why I'm in New York. I do need to go see just Time. I do need to see Chess. I have to see maybe Happy Ending.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I have to see them all.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I want to go see everything, but I also just want to go see Death Becomes Her like eight more times.
Speaker 1: As every email.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Jenna, it's so good. I mean it's I think you would be good in that show.
Speaker 3: And death he comes her. You're crazy, it's who.
Speaker 2: Jenna, either of those girls? No, you crazy hilarious when you are acting a damn ful You don't think you're funny. You're a damn clown. You're a movie you auditioned or you.
Speaker 3: Got Yeah, roseal Day, I am a fool.
Speaker 2: We're clowns. That's right, and I think it would be I think it would be a great challenge for you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love that idea.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm great at it, but I like doing it, like I like making a full of myself because like, I just don't like taking myself too seriously because it's just doesn't work. I think, just doesn't.
Speaker 2: I don't vocally you could do it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know about that, but that's kind of you.
Speaker 2: I'd like to see it, Okay, I like it.
Speaker 1: So I don't even know. Oh, I can't only imagine.
Speaker 2: I think it is. I've never seen anything like it. It's such a spectacle of like wicked proportions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 2: A crazy campy comedy, I understand, and it's it's just written so well. And also those two are just every actually everybody in it is unbelievable. But yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 1: So keep these musical q and as coming, Like I like the glee dripped in here, but I also really like these musical driven q and as. Yeah, let's keep these going and we'll do another one soon.
Speaker 2: Well, before we go, Jennet, there's one more question. Oh, and it was how do you measure a year?
Speaker 1: I can't say that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: In cups of coffee?
Speaker 1: How do you measure a year?
Speaker 2: Kevin and Oreos? Oh my god, I ate an entire pack of Oreo thins.
Speaker 1: You deserve it. Thanks for joining us, you guys, and thanks for writing in all your wonderful burning questions. We really appreciate it, and we hope you enjoyed this episode and come back to That's truely.
Speaker 2: Miss Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time,