Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in, We'll drive in the great episode two sixty six hour Week four gambling show. There's a Cowboys game tonight. There's a ton of football to get to. However, we're not going to start in any of those places. Uh, let's quickly get to what is not going to be on the show today? Not on the show today. Travis Kelsey, Well, he actually kind of will be on the show, but him saying he's been playing like trash Lebron on broadcasting, saying he'll see I'll take the under on Lebron broadcasting jobs in his future for any company he doesn't own, and shoey Otani's fifty to fifty home run ball is headed to auction. However, here's the deal and Demons's here. Of course he's here. We'll go over betts and topics and do a ton with him. He'll give out, hopefully a winning teaser. We gotta at some point have one of those. I had a winning week last week. Demonse's teaser died on Thursday Night football before we even got to the weekend, which is a sad, sad thing when it's like you don't even have the Sunday games to look forward to from a gambling perspective. But we can't start in any of those places. And I would ask the producers, you can put a ten minute clock on me on this, and I'm gonna try to stay true to it because I also want the full ten minutes that we do here to be posted to all of our feeds. I think ten minutes is the most anyone will ever watch anything on the internet as a clip. It's probably a little long, but I'm gonna try to keep to it because I saw tweet last night and then I followed up to make sure it wasn't fake. And it's not. And it absolutely enraged me, and I was like, you know what, let's just do it. So if we can show Caitlin Clark's season ended last night and the WNBA playoffs have been phenomenal, and it looks like my team that we said was gonna threepeat, I'm big on three peats this year, Las Vegas Aces and Asia Wilson. Despite a mediocre regular season, I think they're gonna win the championship. Caitlin Clark, after a little rocky start to the year, ended up actually exceeding expectation. This clearcut top ten player in the league, already arguably top five player in the league, already got the team to the playoffs. But none of that is the story, and none of that is the story for me right now, because this mediocre, unimpressive grown woman decided she was gonna wear this outfit looking like this to a basketball game. And if you can't see it, says ban nails, and she has long fake nails on her fingers, mocking Djon A Carrington. Djon A Carrington, who plays for the Connecticut Son who was interrogated all week because when she swiped for the ball she hit Caitlyn Clark in the eye. Forget the fact that Caitlyn knew it was unintentional. Everyone watching seem to think was unintentional. The goddamn Internet decided maybe it was intentional, and it became the story. And if you sense anger in my voice, it's because it's there. Because race in this country is a rubber band, y'all. And when one side stretches, the other side gets a little more tense. And then when one side snaps back, the other side feels the reaction to it. And fortunately, by some miracle, our country's racial rubber band hasn't actually fully snapped in one hundred and sixty years. But every time it's stretched and every time there's pressure on it, it's not quite the same. It's frayed a bit, it's distorted a bit, and it's a little bit weaker. Moving forward, and here is what has happened over what should have been the greatest season in women's professional basketball history.
Speaker 3: You got this boatload.
Speaker 2: Of new fans because Caitlyn Clerk is box office, right, and the rest of the rookie class is very impressive. Caitlyn Clerk is box office. But unfortunately, and inevitably and the league should have seen this train coming down the tracks. On that bandwagon were folks that weren't fans of basketball, that weren't even actual fans of Caitlyn Clark. They were fans of what they thought Caitlyn could represent, which was the humbling of black women.
Speaker 3: And you got this.
Speaker 2: Cavalcade of open, unabashed racists who tried to put a hood of Caitlin Clark fandom on and on social internet, and last night in person, tried their.
Speaker 3: Best to terrorize her opposition.
Speaker 2: And while I have said I think it'd be better for everyone not to read their social media feeds, that's easier said than done.
Speaker 3: And de Jena got a.
Speaker 2: Damn email from somebody saying basically, hope you die.
Speaker 3: And like I said, it's a rubber band.
Speaker 2: And so what happens when it gets as bad as it got as it has gotten and the other side gets tenser than all of a sudden you have folk who are.
Speaker 3: Seeing this happen, seeing this big.
Speaker 2: Tent now has a corner of the tent occupied by figurative torch wielding racists, and they are they almost as a defense mechanism, start to minimize the actual on court impact of Caitlyn Clark as like a protectionism. And then the folks that weren't the torch wielding racists and were just enjoying the basketball they see, well, hold on, there's a lot of women who cover this league, majority of which black women, seem to be downplaying or hating on, or dismissing Caitlyn.
Speaker 3: And then they get upset.
Speaker 2: And now everyone on the road upper band is their hair is up, they're defensive. They're not actually able to give at all times their full honest opinion of what they're seeing on the basketball court because the goddamn racist ruined it for all of us.
Speaker 3: And that.
Speaker 2: Is a tale as old as time for so many things, multi cultural events in this country that could be great, and the goddamn racist ruin it for us. And now people get tribal and defensive and kind of illogical and all of it. And we have now reached a point where and I apologize because she didn't ask for this, but it is incumbent upon on Caitlyn herself to be more vocal in shouting this down. When asked, she has given the right answers, and she didn't ask for any of this.
Speaker 3: She's a kid, thrust.
Speaker 2: Into superstardom by her own athletic brilliance, and she is not accountable for the actions of her fans. However, this is a massive moment for her sports and her league, and you need people other than the people being victimized by these trash human beings to put up a wall against it. So I think Caitlyn needs to be more proactive. I know Kathy Engelbert and the WNBA do that woman should not have been a lowed to remain in the stadium. That is an openly racist, defiant act. Somebody else tweeted, like, I've been a never been in a WNBA game before where there were so many where there were maga hats. You can wear your maga hats. That's you're making a political statement, no problem. Now, it's an intentionally provocative political political statement, just like wearing a Harris Waltz hat to a NASCAR event would be. You know, the general demographic of the population you're walking into, but you're doing it to make a statement, no problem. You're you're you know, you're trying to get a rise out of people. That's everyone's right. That shit that woman did that she felt comfortable doing, going by the way, not in the Indiana Fever stadium as an opposing team fan, was the visual representation of what these women in the league have been saying we've been dealing with all year. It's not actual Indiana Fever fans. It's not actual Caitlin Clark fans.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: People that want to see black women humbled, that are using Caitlin as an avatar for their own perverse hopes and desires. And at this point there needs to be a full fronted assault against it, because this rubber band man can only stretch so damn far, and it is putting great Monica McNutt Andrea Carter, people that have been are great journalists, great commentators, are consistently put in this awful position where because the racists have spoiled the well for everyone they I would imagine I even spoken with them, and I don't want to speak for them, but I would imagine they feel at times almost an obligation to not only promote other players, but to try to balance the scales on an on court perspective. When from an on court perspective, in my opinion, there's two overwhelming players this year, Asia Wilson and Caitlin Clark doesn't mean she's second best player, but it means given the story that her being a rookie, her performance, all of it. And I understand and I empathize with the because of the toxicity of the rest of it, wanting to kind of bump up Angel or bump up other players. And Djena just one most im breve players.
Speaker 3: He's a great player.
Speaker 2: But we haven't even been able to have a truly honest basketball discussion most of the year. And it's because the wrong people stumbled upon the party. And now it's up to everyone, even folks that didn't invite them and didn't want them there, to help kick them out, even if though even if the people were kicking out are saying, but wait, we're here to see you, we support you, we're adding eyeballs, we're paying the entry fee, doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: All money ain't good money.
Speaker 2: And that shit last night was repugnant and repulsive and it's infuriating. And I'd love to be able to sit here and tell you a basketball story about the season, but I can't because that's not the story of the season. Sadly, the greatest season in WNBA history, arguably the biggest story actually wasn't about the basketball and the league leadership, and it's star players across the board, including Caitlin, need to stand up against it. We'll talk football next quick break, right back, What's right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Welcome back in What's driving Nick Right? Week four Gambling Show. We'll get to the picks in the next segment. We kind of had a weird first segment. Also, by the way, for just our producers. I'm not sure if I'm seeing the right box. I'm just seeing myself by myself. There's no rundown or time or anything. Maybe there's not supposed to be. I'm not sure the demanse split screen is in the is in the kind of box beneath what I'm seeing.
Speaker 3: But that's fine.
Speaker 2: Demon's welcome in. Good to see you. Sorry for leaving you out there.
Speaker 3: I had something to get off my chest.
Speaker 2: Just imagine being that fucking mediocre of a grown woman and being.
Speaker 3: Like, this is what I what'd you do last night? I went to a PTA meeting. What did you do last night?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: I went to the theater with my friends. What did you do last night?
Speaker 2: I made cardboard nails to go try to mock someone who could be my daughter's age because cause I pretend to like this basketball player. Go ahead, what are we doing, Bill's Ravens. Where are we starting the show?
Speaker 4: We are starting off with Bill's Ravens. Yeah, Baltimore may have took care of business in Dallas last week, but they've got some more difficult business to take care of this week against the Bills, who were coming to town looking for their September championship. This game could have real playoff ripple effects and is bound to shake up the power rankings. So who has more to prove here? Bills are Ravens?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think the Ravens. Well, the Ravens have more to lose, that's for sure, But you asked more to prove The Ravens have more to lose because they're one and two and they still need to keep stacking wins. I I actually think more to prove, pardon me, is Buffalo only because of this Now, Buffalo has been wildly impressive, wildly impressive, but they also if they like, let's play out the theoretical of the Ravens beat them soundly, then all of a sudden, folks are gonna be like, Okay, So Buffalo escaped with a win against Arizona and you know, to the benefit of a huge missed defensive pass interference call at the very end. But of course that was not a storyline anywhere, because mist calls are only a storyline if they help the Kansas City Chiefs, not if any other team. People probably don't even know what I'm talking about. But go watch the end of the raven of the Bills Cardinals game, and then they beat the Dolphins in the game two. It got rocked, and people think the Dolphins aren't that good, and then the Jags, who are a winless team again, I think the Bills are excellent. I'm simply saying if they in their first game against a team that right now people think is a playoff team, they get beat, then all of a sudden some of the doubt will creep in. I think despite their record, everyone acknowledges the Ravens are good. The Ravens almost had a ten point fourth quarter comeback against the Chiefs. They controlled the Raiders game the whole way and then blew it oddly and dominated the Cowboys for three quarters and then almost blew it oddly. What the Ravens need to prove and there's a weird one if they get a big lead, is that they can hold it. Like I don't think anyone doubts that the Ravens can look awesome. They looked awesome all of last year, and they have looked awesome for sections of this year. They have just they played an A level fourth quarter against the Chiefs and then an F fourth quarter against the Raiders and an F fourth quarter against the Cowboys, so that they're in a different spot. But I do think right now I would say after Kansas City that I would power rank which I don't like to do, but if I were to do it, I would power rank the AFC Kansas City, Buffalo, Baltimore. That's how I see it in this very moment, all right, Next?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that was quick. Yeah, So Dallas is playing the Giants tonight. That should be a give me huh over A seventy five percent of Cowboys fans are blaming Jerry Jones for the Dallas struggles in the first few weeks. He actually took full ownership of it. Jerry got them into this mess. But do you think there's anything that Jerry can do himself to get them out?
Speaker 3: No, there's nothing he can do.
Speaker 2: And I listen, Jerry took ownership of it, Demansey because he wants ownership of the credit if it gets turned around, like Jerry wants all things Cowboys to be about Jerry. So he'll happily take all the blame because he wants all the credits get going exactly right, if things get going in the right direction. Uh No, the I place the majority of the blame actually on if I have to pick one individual, this is gonna sound unfair, but if I have to pick one individual, I pick Michael Parks.
Speaker 3: It's yes, it's bigger than him.
Speaker 2: But the problem has been their defense, and he's supposed to arguably be the best defensive player in the entire sport, and the Cowboys defense has been dreadful this season. Micah has done had nothing of note thus far, and so we wanted Micah, Mike Zimmer, the defense as a whole to get run on the way they did by the Saints, run on the way they did by the Ravens. The reason the Cowboys are in this spot. We can say, oh, Jerry should have spent more in the offseason, fine, so be it, But that trains left the station like there's no free agency right now. There's nothing to do right now as far as team building that can help you go ahead.
Speaker 3: What were you gonna say? Uh?
Speaker 4: No, do you think Jerry Jones is protecting his co pilot, his son. I think Jerry Jones said, being a good dad.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I know.
Speaker 2: I think Jerry calls the shots there. I don't think Steven calls the shots at all. I think Jerry calls.
Speaker 3: The shots there.
Speaker 2: And so I think that I think that the Cowboys are in a weird spot tonight. They're in kind of monsay tonight. A can't win because if they blow the Giants out, what's the narrative gonna be on Friday? What's the Giants? They always blow them out. Last year they blow them out twice. You know, no one's gonna be like, oh, they're back. If they play a close game against the Giants, I think doubt will start seeping into the locker room. You play a close game against the Giants because the Giants, you because you Dak is twelve and zero against the Giants. He blew them out both times last year. And if they lose to the Giants, they're season's over. Like let me make that one clear. If you lose your third straight game and it's to a team you have owned, it will be Mike McCarthy hot seat season overtime.
Speaker 3: So if they win, it's just kind.
Speaker 4: Of does Jerry jonest? This would be a little lesson for me. Would he wouldn't he fire McCarthy or it would be somebody above him?
Speaker 3: No, no, it'd be him. There's no one who Jerry owns the team?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because of him, and they end up losing to the Giants, it's like, oh, it's McCarthy's fault.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, you know that's a good point.
Speaker 2: Maybe this quote does help out McCarthy, But I think he would be like, well, I'm the one who hired McCarthy, I'm responsible.
Speaker 3: He just wants it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And I don't think they would fire McCarthy after the game if they lose tonight. I'm just saying the season. Maybe before the end of the season. I'm not sure the There will be some coaches fired during the year, and I feel like if they lose tonight, McCarthy is on that list. Now here's we're gonna find out how tough the Cowboys are. The next few weeks because you're at the Giants, who, again I don't think Giants are good, but they do have a good defensive line and they do want to run the ball, and for the first time in Dables' time there and maybe the last couple of coaches tenure there, they have what seems like at the least competent offensive line. Then you're at the Steelers, who want to play tough, physical, run the ball. And then you're home for the Lions, who want to play tough, physical, run the ball. And then you're at the Niners, who the Niners can do a lot of things, but it's all based on their running game. So you have four straight games against teams that want to run the ball, you have been a cartoonishly bad run defense. We're going to find out who the Cowboys are over this next month. If they lose tonight, we know who they are. And that's a bad team, all right.
Speaker 4: Next, Aaron Rodgers is coming off his best game in years against the Patriots last week. That cooked my teaser. It wasn't enough for you to move him up into the top ten. Am Holmes Mountain, but he has a rough slaate to schedule. He has a rough slade of games coming up soon with Denver, Minnesota, Buffalo, and Pittsburgh. Do you think he'll come out of that stretch on top?
Speaker 2: Well, Listen, I would be Denver, I don't think he's a tough game.
Speaker 3: But Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I if I were a Jets fan, I would be preemptively nervous about Minnesota. So that Brian Flores blitz heavy defense that Brock Pirdy went up to him after the game was like, man, that scheme is crazy.
Speaker 3: That made CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud look bad for the first time, one of the worst games CJ's had since he started his career last week. Aaron did show off some mobility in Week three, and I did think he played incredibly well.
Speaker 3: We didn't really talk about.
Speaker 2: It on the show because it was a Thursday night game, so we talked about on the TV show went on this show. I do think that Aaron played really well and impressed me with his performance on Thursday. And I'm not worried about them at all against Denver next week against Minnesota, if the Jets are able to deal with that, and I don't listen, I think they can win that game because I don't fully believe in Minnesota, but I am very curious how the Jets offensive line and Aaron does with that Flores defense. That is, to me a massive coaching mismatch Brian Flores against Nat Hackett, and I want to see how that plays out. If the Jets offense looks more than competent in that game in that spot, then I.
Speaker 3: Might reevaluate how real.
Speaker 2: Of a team I think they are. I still think they're an eight or nine win team. The I think we're getting a little over our skis with how impressed we are with them dominating the Patriots, who I believe are gonna finish the season as a bottom three team in the NFL. And people are, I think, kind of forgetting that that Titans game.
Speaker 3: They looked awful in for large stretches.
Speaker 2: But Will Levis is gonna Will Levis and give you one, and that's what he did in that spot. So I expect the Packer, sorry, the Jets to win this weekend. Next week against Minnesota is a super intriguing game, and I'm curious see how their offense and their offensive line can deal with it. All Right, we're kind of splitting this show up a little differently today because we did the long Caitlin Clark thing off the top. We'll take quick break, come back when we come back. I gotta tell you, guys on the front end this, I cannot remember an NFL slate where there were fewer games that I loved from a gambling perspective, Finding five games this week was maybe the hardest chore I've had.
Speaker 3: Since we've started doing this gambling show.
Speaker 2: These are every spot where it's like, oh, I'm getting a bunch of points. It's like, oh, I don't know what quarterbacks playing, or I know what quarterbacks playing, and he's hurt. Every spot like this week's slate is absolutely brutal. We try to cut through the chaff and find you five winners. We'll do that next What's Right? All right, welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright. And before we get to our picks for week four, let me remind you guys. I love to travel, whether I'm heading out for work or vacation, or maybe just want to drop into Kansas City to see a game, might be able to see some playoff baseball in kans City or pretty soon. I'm always looking for the best places to and that's why I turned to Airbnb. Anytime I stay in Airbnb, I'm reminded of how great an idea it is to.
Speaker 3: Airbnb your home while you're away.
Speaker 2: Maybe yourself have stayed in the airbnb before and thought, you know what, I could easily turn my space into an Airbnb. Now that football season's back, lots of fans will be traveling to catch a game. You could airbnb your home or extra room and make some extra money while people are in town for the game. Whether you use that money for tickets to go cheer on your favorite team or something else, entirely, your home might be worth more than you think. All right, so let's show Deman's we had a winning week by you know, I'm.
Speaker 3: Using the Royal Weei. I had a winning week, and hopefully our listeners did as well.
Speaker 2: You didn't have a losing week because you didn't text me a teaser in time and I forgot your game was on Thursday, so you were saved by my own forgetfulness.
Speaker 4: The extra money. I mean, I'm losing seventy teasers stock it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, worked great.
Speaker 2: So last week I went three and two, which puts me at seven seven and one, So Philly plus two and a half at New Orleans. Philly has been involved either betting on or against them every week this year. We'll see if that trend continues this week or this week. There was a moment there where I thought that those two and a half points might save me, where it looked like New Orleans might win the game by one or two. Philly ends up winning the game outright. Seattle minus four and a half against Miami. That was the one the producers tried.
Speaker 3: To talk me out of, Like ah Nick, fading.
Speaker 2: These bad quarterbacks when they're you know, backups come in has hurt you, and it has in the past.
Speaker 3: This time it didn't.
Speaker 2: Miami scored three points all game, and it was off a possession where Seattle turned the ball over inside their own twenty. They never could move the ball. Kansas City minus three and a half at Atlanta. Man, there was a few moments there where I thought Kansas City was gonna win by two, where I was legit nervous that because when Atlanta was driving, not at the very end of the game, but the possession. Everyone's crying about the DPI. There were so many ways for can City end up winning by two. One was Atlanta, they're down five, they kick a cowardly field goal, give the ball back to Kansas City.
Speaker 3: Kent City up too, gets a few.
Speaker 2: First downs game over. The other was they score a touchdown to go up one. They obviously would then go for two. They missed the two point conversion. Kan City goes down and kicks a field goal and win by two. Luckily none of that happened, So there's three wins. The loss is Chicago plus one and a half against Indy just I mean getting stoned on fourth and goal with a speedof and Caleb had some good moments in some really tough moments. That was I don't mind that bet and Dallas plus one against Baltimore. It looked dead in the water from opening kickoff and then all of a sudden, I'm like, wait a minute, here, these guys are coming the I thought I might steal a victory at the end there I obviously didn't. So that was a deserving three and two. Three picks that I was firmly on the right side of two picks. I was firmly on the wrong side of three and two. I'm good with so oh and by the way, the touchdown, Genie, do you remember who I had?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she Ris plus one. All right, Demanse, let's go to pick number one. I'm taking a page out of your book and go on Thursday night.
Speaker 4: Yes, uh so your pick one. You've got Dallas minus six at the Giants.
Speaker 3: Yes, Dallas minus six at the Giants tonight. So and the.
Speaker 2: Cowboys historically crush bad teams, thirty two and fourteen against the spread against teams under five hundred. Dak is twenty nine and eleven against NFC East teams. Daniel Jones at night is five and nine against the spread in his career. I don't think Dallas is a great team, but I also don't think they're as bad as they've looked early this season. They've got to they Ceedee Lamb last year top three in the league in targets, receptions, yards, touchdowns, big plays, one, two or three in all of those categories. This year, he's not top ten in any of them. They have to funnel him the football, and defensively, it's time for Micah Parsons, DeMarcus Lawrence, and Mike Zimmer to bow up like you're playing the Giants now. That's say they're gonna try to run some of that same Reid option stuff that lamar Ran that Daniel Jones likes as well. At times you need to have learned from how bad it was last week. This is a team the Cowboys like to blow out and are used to blowing out. I've gotta think the Cowboys defense can stand up in the moment offensively if you're This is also a sneaky, big Cowboys secondary game where you want to see can you take on the challenge of not letting Thelik Neighbors baptize you the way he has the last his opponents last few weeks. Is Trayvon Diggs back to being Trayvon Diggs? Can you leave him out on an island or maybe you don't even have to leave them on an island and give him safety help to the other Giants receivers don't really scare you take him away and then don't let Devin Singletary in the Giants run game ruin you get. The Cowboys are built to play with e lead. I've said it all week, I'll say it again. They're like a poor man Peyton Manning Colts team star quarterback play on a fast track, indoors star receiver, bookend ad rushers get a lead, unleash the pass rush. That's what it feels like tonight. Is this feels like a thirty one seventeen Cowboys victory. All lay the six points with Dallas next one. Well, you know what, Before we get to the next one, I just want to say some of the games that I didn't pick, and like why I said this week was so tough Vikings Packers. I don't know who's starting at quarterback yet, right, Is that what you.
Speaker 4: Were saying, Jordan Jordan Love, Malik Willis. I was just saying, yeah, I know, Jordan Love is my guy, but I got I got Minnesota here and my blazing five.
Speaker 3: Actually in your blazing five, Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Got to base it. Yeah, No, I'm still I'm actually still leading in that through three weeks. I gotta stay.
Speaker 3: Still at the office. Yeah, oh you're still leading the office picks pool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had a bad, bad week two, but I had a four and one week last week. But I'm just going off of the quarterbacks that Minnesota's beaten, and I don't think Jordan Love is gonna be playing. I think it's gonna be leaked Willis. It's gonna be two good head coaches against each other. I give the edge to Minnesota there, so.
Speaker 2: So hold on, So have we have we made a mistake in turning you into the teaser guy when you should just be and against the spread.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty good at straight picks. I've got two four and one weeks and one two and four and one four and one week or one in four week Okay it was actually two and three. It was two and three. My week two is two and three.
Speaker 2: So you're ten and five against the spread on the year and I'm seven seven and one. Oh my goodness. Uh so, just so that was just s DEMONSEI. I just don't feel comfortable because I'm not certain what quarterbacks playing. That's a great game. Yeah, and so all right, let's go to my next actual pick. Demon's a And by the way, tell me now that I know that you're a red hot tell me if any of these after you say the game, if it's in your picks this game, and which side you took if it is.
Speaker 3: But go ahead.
Speaker 4: Cincinnati minus four at Carolina, I've got them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have Cincinnati. Yeah, okay, so yeah, so I understand they're zero and three. They're a road dog. Their defense has been dreadful Carolina is not gonna look as good offensively this week with Andy Dalton as they did last week, and that Carolina defense really is awful, truly awful. They they and they lost their best player a couple weeks ago, Derek Brown for the season. And Cincinnati, despite being owen three, has been really good since Week one. On the offensive side of the ball. I mean, they scored every time or they never punted to turn the ball over. Against Washington, they did well offensively against a great Chiefs defense.
Speaker 3: So the fact that I.
Speaker 2: Don't have to lay I laying four points on the road isn't fun. But this is a break glass in case of emergency, absolute season disaster if you lose this game, if your sincy so, I don't think and Andy Dalton isn't Jaden Daniels. They have already had two games on their schedules so far this year that I'm sure they thought were gonna be relatively easy wins, the Patriots game and Washington. They lost them. They can't fall to zen four. They can't lose to the Patriots and the Panther in the first month of the season. I think we were gonna see more T Higgins this game Joshavas their third wide receiver is really you know, stepped into a bigger role and for the first time all year. Last week, Jamar Chase looked like Jamar Chase. I like Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Just is it Sam Donald or is it Andy Dalton? That's the ex spangle.
Speaker 3: Oh it's Andy Dalton, Andy Andy Dalton revenge game. I mean you are right about that. This isn't Andy Dalton revenge spot. Maybe I that's funny. I wasn't thinking about that, but you are correct.
Speaker 2: Andy Dalton hosting the team that he took the playoffs all those times. But yeah, I'll take Cincinnati minus four at Carolina. Burrow is a favorite. Burrow is a favorite of three or more on the road. Is seven and three against the spread. He's twenty two and eleven against the spread on the road in general or on a neutral site. I like since just scored thirty points in this game. I know for Dallas and Cincinnati, I've called for high point totals, and so I like them in this spot. I don't think Carolina is gonna be able to break twenty. I like Cincinnati lang before.
Speaker 4: Next Tampa Bay plus two versus Philly. I love this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're on my side of it.
Speaker 4: No, Yeah, I like Tampa Bay, but I stayed away from it. I don't know. It's a it's a difficult one. I think it could be a Philly revenge game for the playoffs last year. I trust Baker, but yeah.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. Tampa's defense is really banged up. However, no Aj Brown, no DeVante's I think, so Tampa can really focus on Saquon Barkley. Tampa humbled a bit last week. Philly I don't think looked great all last week. I'm also this is also a spot I know they got the win, and good for them forgetting the win. This is also the spot where I'm getting points at home with an equivalent caliber team. I don't think Philly's better than Tampa. I know they're not better coached, and getting those two points with all the dumb shit Sirianni does as fourth downs and the shooing field goals, all that stuff, that those could be a very valuable two points. I liked Philly last week when I thought people were overreacting to the Saints.
Speaker 3: I do not like Philly at all. This week.
Speaker 2: I think Tampa wins outright, but also I just think this is a low scoring game and a low score and I know Philly's defense looked good last week, but now you've got to deal with Evans and Godwin, and so I think Tampa will be able to move the ball somewhat through the air. And so this just feels to me like a spot where I'm getting I think the slightly better team at home with points Tampa plus two is what I'm rolling with. As far as the trends go. Jalen Hurts is seven and fourteen against the spread as a road favorite and one four and one in his last six against the spread as a road favorite.
Speaker 4: All right, Next, next, you've got Atlanta minus two and a half versus New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I this says because it's in Atlanta, that these are two equivalent teams. They're at home, they're fair by two and a half. I don't think that. I think Atlanta is better than New Orleans. New Orleans all now, both offensive lines are banged up, but I think that is more damaging to New Orleans than it is for Atlanta. Derek Carr, the moment you pressure him, goes quick pumpkin mode. New Orleans came back down to Earth last week a bit. Atlanta, on the other hand, had this brutal early part of their schedule. Everyone knew that this was that the early part of their schedule was the toughest part. They had Steelers, Eagles, Chiefs. They escaped one and two. They really only looked terrible in Week one. They obviously could have won last week against the Chiefs. Now they get another home game against their arch rival New Orleans. New Orleans is coming off a tough law. They're both coming off tough losses. Atlanta, their center.
Speaker 4: Lost to a real team.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, No, no, no, exactly right. And I thought Atlanta also looked better throughout that game than New Orleans looked in the Philly game. And so that Philly game, to me, it was close early on, in large part because of Sirianni's bad game management. So I think Atlanta's better than New Orleans. I still think Atlanta's going to win this division. This is a game Atlanta's got to have. This feels like a twenty four to twenty at Lanta win.
Speaker 3: I'm only laying two and a half.
Speaker 2: I'll take it Atlanta minus two and a half. And this next one is painful for me, But go ahead.
Speaker 4: You've got the Rams plus three at Chicago. Fade and Caleb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, listen, I'm hoping for a twenty one to twenty Chicago win and I get the cover.
Speaker 3: But this is right.
Speaker 2: And I know the Rams are banged up. I understand that, but this is I am getting three points, and I have on my side the two most important things, and one of them's by a massive margin. I have the better quarterback, and I love Caleb, and things is gonna be excellent, but he's not better than Matt Stafford right now. And I have what appears to be at the moment as big of a coaching mismatch as there is in this league, which is Sean McVeigh and Matty Eberflus. And so I I have not been impressed by Chicago's coaching this year. I certainly haven't been impressed by their running game. Caleb's a rookie quarterback. I'm getting three points for a Rams team that has to feel like, man, we just saved our season last week.
Speaker 3: Can we go to Chicago and steal one?
Speaker 2: I Again, my hope is a one point Chicago victory, but it would not shock me if the Rams win this game out right. I wouldn't hate to be wrong about this pick, because then it means Caleb got cooking, which is good for me. This is I mean, it's a little embarrassing to say right now, but it is the truth. This is the matchup that I predicted for the NFC Championship game. Rams Bears, both sitting at one and two, neither looking like NFC Championship contenders yet. But you know what, it's early in the season. So I've got the Rams plus three at chicag by the and the Rams are.
Speaker 3: Hold on.
Speaker 2: Let me read this right, team now, this is not good. Teams are eleven and twenty five the week after facing San Francisco last three seasons. Yeah, but San Francisco is not as big and physical as they were defensively the last few years. All right, So my five picks for the week three favorites two dogs laying six with Dallas at the Giants. That goes against a lot of trains. I understand it's a divisional road favorite. Short week, big number, don't care. Cincinnati minus four at Carolina, Tampa plus two against Philly. Atlanta minus two and a half home for New Orleans and the Rams plus three at Chicago. All right, at this point, you guys probably know. But Demonse's teaser lost last week, lost on Thursday. You almost got a fraudulent push at the end. Yeah, I mean, I mean they put in Drake May, they start throwing the ball, they get the they're down twenty one, you need fourteen. They get the ball inside the ten and they just let the clock run out. I mean, that was a painful one. I'm not gonna lie to you. You were on the right side of Baltimore. So what are we doing this week?
Speaker 3: Demansey?
Speaker 4: So we've got another two teams seven point teaser. We're gonna lose the half point. It's gonna be sitting at minus one point fifty. We're teasing Tampa Bay from plus two up to plus nine versus Philly like it and all right, So there's a little little thing here. So if Herbert plays, I want the Chargers plus fourteen and a half versus Kansas City. If Herbert does not play, I want Kansas City. Basically I have to pick him. I'm teasing them down to zero point five or something like that.
Speaker 3: All right, So here's the problem here.
Speaker 4: We thought there might have been a problems and.
Speaker 2: I hate to say it, but I can't allow this. Well, once they give Herbert an official designation, this will move. So if you want to lock in the fourteen and a half, now, are you saying you'll just take it at what after the number is a kickoff?
Speaker 4: Well, I feel like what the number is right now is fourteen and a half. It's so like I feel like that's the number. Like but yeah, I mean if he doesn't play though, like it's.
Speaker 2: I understand, but you get what I do, right, But here's here's what I'm trying to tell you. I don't know what Vegas thinks is going to happen. It seems like this is priced as if he's not playing, okay, but if they announce he is playing, that fourteen and a half will not be available to you once it's announced, because they won't be seven and a half point dogs anymore.
Speaker 3: They'll be like four and a half point dogs at.
Speaker 4: That point and that and sense, yeah, I would be willing to tease them up to eleven and a half, all right, So this is this is this will all do? I would tease them, but that the Herbert situation, it's it's wonky I'm just gonna tease the Niners down, and they're England in the New England game to like ten and a half to like three and a half. They're playing.
Speaker 2: No, I'm no, no, no, no, I didn't want to talk you off your game.
Speaker 3: It's not what I wanted to do.
Speaker 2: And then you're so because then I'm gonna get I just want you right, like, here's the question.
Speaker 4: You want me to commit to something? Ahead?
Speaker 3: Right right, And here's the question I have for you.
Speaker 2: Even if Justin Herbert plays, do you think the Chargers are beating the Chiefs?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, so just.
Speaker 4: Right, so you said, whatever line it is, I just tease the Chiefs down.
Speaker 2: No, just right now, just lock it in. You're Tampa plus nine the Chiefs to a pick them. It's a great tease. It's an A plus teas. You're getting Tampa three key numbers. You're getting the best team in the league against an incredibly injured Charger team just to win.
Speaker 3: Just call that your teaser. Are you okay with that? Or do you feel like I'm pushing you and he's not enough?
Speaker 4: No, it's it's I'm fine with I'm fine with teasing him to a pick him. Yeah, and if he doesn't pay, I don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: So the worry is that they announced he doesn't play, and the Chiefs become bigger favorites, and you're not getting them out of pick him anymore. You're getting them at a bigger number. So he's got Tampa plus nine Kansas City minus half point. We're gonna give that an A plus. I I it's so funny, Deman say, I had something going on this morning, so I couldn't I was gonna text you. My teaser advice this week is very simple. Find an underdog that you think can win outright and pair them with.
Speaker 3: The Chiefs teased down. And I think that's what you ended up doing.
Speaker 4: Exactly. Do you think.
Speaker 3: Tampa can win out right at plus two and.
Speaker 4: Your honestly don't even think Philly should be favored in that game?
Speaker 2: But right, but I agree with I mean, I agree with you in Tampa. I don't think they should either. All right, what's the offer this week?
Speaker 4: So the week four offer is called Iron sharpens Iron. Two of your guys, Caleb and Stafford, as we just talked about, face off this week. Let's see if they bring the best out of each other, Caleb Williams and Matthew Stafford to both pass for two to twenty five plus yards and two plus touchdowns at plus seven point fifty.
Speaker 2: It's not enough odds, that's not a good enough number. I'd love for that to happen, and I apologize. I mean, that's a good offer from the producers as far as what I'm rooting for. But then both the throw for two and a quarter and both to throw two touchdowns. How many games have we had in the NFL all year where both quarterbacks threw over two twenty five and both quarterbacks threw two touchdowns? Not many, So I'm gonna have to polite. That should be like fourteen to one.
Speaker 4: Crazier, Okay, I guess the I was gonna say, we've given way crazier offer for it's.
Speaker 2: Crazier, but it just took them. Yeah, I exactly. I just need better. That's to me, like a fourteen to one bet, not a seven and a half to one bet. So I have to politely decline that offer. I apologize. I know people put a lot of work into those offers, but I have to politely decline it.
Speaker 3: All right, Deman's a great job.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 2: We're gonna we kind of did a weird show where you did three segments differently. Apologies if we missed your listener questions today. Try to get to him next week. Enjoy the football, good luck, gambling, Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Cover the six tonight.
Speaker 2: Get us off to a good start of our winning weekend.
Speaker 3: What's right? Hey? Thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor.
Speaker 2: Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes.
Speaker 3: After you've done.
Speaker 2: That, one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget We're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers.
Speaker 3: We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand. We love to get to two hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: Get de Monday another plaque, so like, subscribe rate, send a rating to do all that cool stuff.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys,