Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is mick Shots, streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: As we said yesterday too out of four or eight bad as we continue here on mix Shots, missing a couple of our folks, but our trustee Nate Newton's sitting in with us one more time this week.
Speaker 2: I tell you what, man, and you see, this is what I like and dislike about being who I am. Not for real, for real, because I feel like every year when I go to training camp, I go to spring training, nobody thinks of out me. But then when they when the season start, everybody needs a bullpen. That's right. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You're saying you're the bull.
Speaker 2: I'm the bullpen, Baby, I'm the bullpen. But a difference about me. I'm gonna close the too, so hey, at least I get all the money. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Well, that's Nate Newton, I Mickey Spagnola, Savannah's with us and speaking of bullpens, the Rangers bullpen was pretty.
Speaker 2: Good last night. You gotta have a bullpen.
Speaker 3: Right one game away from winning the World Series thanks to a combination of about five or six bullpen pitchers. Uh last night holding the Arizona at Bay as they scored eleven runs. Wow, first team in World Series history to put together consecutive five run innings.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: When it was and third.
Speaker 4: When it was ten to one, I was just like, the Rangers have this in the bag.
Speaker 3: I still was worried that they get into that bullpen and it eleven to one turned eleven to seven and had to use their closer to finish the thing. But anyway, we're glad to have Nate with us. As we said yesterday, Everson and Bill were off on duty with the other jobs, and so you know, thanks to Nate, Savanna and I don't have to do this by ourselves. So we're glad to have you again. Glad because the Cowboys are on the practice field getting ready for these Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, and we can do a little clean up some work here. Mike McCarthy on the injury update, Samannah. He did say that Tyron would not practice today, was that right?
Speaker 2: He was, I believe so.
Speaker 4: I think he's with the rehab.
Speaker 3: The rehab guys. Yeah, and it was part rehab, part veteran day anyway, and he thought that Schuma would do a little something. So we'll see where that one goes. But as we said yesterday, Jerry Jones was optimistic that both guys, or at least one of the two, should be good for the game on Sunday. They did make a couple well, ended up with a couple of roster moves. That recently signed tight end Eric Sobert to the practice squad was poached by Houston so to replace him on the practice squad. Dakota Shepley was re signed, and they also lost Chris Glazer to the Jets off the practice squad, So these guys were only here a week. The Cowboys signed in the practice squad. Now these guys got signed, and when you get signed off a practice squad, you're guarantee, guaranteed three weeks of basically yeah, veteran money. So that's good for them. And finally, finally, Brandon Aubrey was named the NFC Special Teams Player.
Speaker 2: Of the Week.
Speaker 4: Great, it's about time, right.
Speaker 3: I mean what was the game he made the four field goals and he couldn't make it because some punter hit an eighty yard pun or something. Oh that was earlier on I think a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, yeah, I'll look it up.
Speaker 3: But anyway, So Aubrey, with his two field goals against the Rams in a career high fifty eight yarder, now has eighteen straight to tie the NFL record for most consecutively made field goals to start a career. And the last time the Cowboys had a special teams player name NFC Special Team Player of the Week was Brett Maher his first time around with the Cowboys in twenty eighteen and twenty nineteen. But how about this. The last rookie to win that award was twenty eleven Dan Bailey.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 3: So the Cowboys have, you know, somehow, some way cobbled together some decent kickers over the years. But Brandon Aubrey richly deserves this one more field goal.
Speaker 2: If he makes his next field.
Speaker 3: Goal, that'll be nineteen straight and he'll have an NFL record to his resume. So just doing a little clean up their housekeeping as we get you ready for the Cowboys to get ready for these Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: Also, by the way, so we probably need to talk about this. They did not make any trades at the trade deadline, and I don't know where you stand on, you know, changing out your roster nine weeks in the season, but the Cowboys did not make an addition.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, y'all. I can't get involved in that. I don't care. I really don't. I got the Eagles. I got to concentrate on. I don't think the players care. And evidently the coaches don't care, and we know upper management don't care because the one that runs it all said from day one, we ain't changing nothing. So with this is who we are, This is what we need. I hear keep hearing people talking about the power running. We have them en ric o'donald. All we gotta do is use him, you know, offensive line. We can't give up a first and a second first for that type of lineman. So we got who we got. The only thing that that I asks if Tyron is you're gonna if you're gonna practice, if you're gonna play practice, if you're not gonna play, let uh tchuma do the job and tchuma. If you can't practice that, just put awesome out there and let's go to work. It's it is. It's not a time to look back and wonder what should have been. It is about now and going forward.
Speaker 3: And the other thing I think you've got to remember is the Cowboys, Uh made trades before the season started, right Uh. They traded for Stefan Gilmore. They traded for Brandon Cooks. And they don't have next year a fourth round pick trade lance, a fifth round pick which was Stefan Gilmore, or a sixth round pick which ended up being Brandon cook So they already traded a lot of draft capital already. And guess what the trades for Gilmore and Cooks. They didn't have to wait eight weeks to get these guys. They got them for the first eight weeks of the season.
Speaker 4: So, and coach McCarthy said earlier today, he's very happy with where our roster is at right now. He was asked about the trade deadline, and you know, he's just content with where our guys are at at the moment. And obviously we did not make any you know, notable trades during this time, but we have to go with what we have. Right now. And that's the plan.
Speaker 3: And really, you know, I'm going to go back to what you said about the offensive line. Who out there has excess on their offensive line that they can trade you for a sixth round pick? Say you know it's not enough offensive lineman to start right me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest with you, Bro, I meant what I said. Y'all can talk about this. I'm through. I'm not I'm through. This is who we are. You better accept it and try to get better. Right, You're either all in or you're not right, I'm all in.
Speaker 3: Or to go back to what Savannah said about Mike McCarthy. What he was talking about today is we've got young.
Speaker 5: Guys that we have to grow.
Speaker 2: Yes, you do and get better. Awesome, right, Yes, TJ. Bass. These guys are gonna be here there right now are great depth players. And I and I to my two left tackles, Shuma smell if you don't, if you if you're hurt, get over there and let Austome get in the game. He might as well get baptized by sweat right now. You know what I'm saying, Yeah, you it's time to go. I mean, I'm thinking like an X. I'm thinking, like when I played, I really if you brought in somebody, we welcomed him with open arms. We've always been that way. But you didn't. The coach told you, the ownership told you you are You're the team. Let's go to work show prove them right, right. I think Coach Johnson told us that during one time these periods came up. He said, I like my team, but y'all got.
Speaker 6: To prove me right now, right, prove your coach right, because I can't think of back in your day, those early nineties making any trades, uh, trade.
Speaker 2: Deadline nah because it man.
Speaker 3: Well, you brought in the one year Bernie Cozar, right, yeah, backup quarterback, yeah that when we yeah, and then you brought Ina. This is my favorite one that they brought in. I think it was right before the start of the season. They needed a deep snapper. M hmm, dale hella straight.
Speaker 2: That's the best one, best draft, that best move we ever made. Kept him for eighty five years. We just called him harm and a monster. Helly.
Speaker 3: It was one of the best deep snappers ever ever in the league ever. And I believe they're also traded for Geesek too.
Speaker 2: At one point. Yeah, yeah, but we got him before the season from the season started. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then they picked up Nate off off the U s f L before the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. When they folded right, the best thing they ever did. They built the team around it. That's how big I want.
Speaker 3: So anyway, uh, the Cowboys stand pat and really when you looked at it, unless somebody was giving him a sweetheart deal, you know, we saw these they're gonna trade this cornerback or that cornerback was going to be traded, and they didn't get traded. You know, like I said, the Cowboys made their trades before. If you liked it, you wanted an offensive lineman, my question is, okay, who because you got to be available, and they certainly weren't, as Nate said, weren't giving up a first round pick or a second round pick to bring in a guy that just because of injuries you needed something else. So anyway, moving forward here, you know, the Eagles look like they're pretty healthy. We'll see when the injury update comes, but I did see it pointed out in the Philadelphia Daily News that Jalen Hurts is nursing some sort of leg injury, knee injury, he's had a gimpy knee, and they pointed out that he only ran the ball this last game against Washington four times. So they were trying of putting that two and two together and saying, Okay, well, maybe he's protecting himself. But when a guy is healthy enough to throw for four touchdown passes a career high, and he also threw for a career high three hundred and some yards against Washington, that knee can't be too bad. So Nate, just real quick on Jalen Hurts and the growth. You've seen him after we watched him at Alabama and yeah, Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Right, this kid is so mature. It's so about the moments of life. I mean, I just remember a kid to taking his job in a national championship game. Who was the first guy to congratulate to on the field. Who is the guy we never I've never ever, y'all got better contacts to me in the media. I never ever heard something negative come out his mouth about any other person.
Speaker 4: He's just a stand up guy, Yeah he really is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm saying to myself, I like the growth. He got to quit putting the part, well, no, don't stop this game. But keep fumbling a little bit, you know, keep throwing a few interceptions. But you know, if he if he raised a couple of his interceptions, you're not put that put the ball on the ground. He would be really killing the league. You know. That's the only thing that's keeping him from I mean, his stats are still up there with the best in the league. I mean, he never changes. He fumbled the ball, walked off the field, then two series later he throw a touchdown and he's the same guy sitting on the bench he is. I'm like, does anything ever phasee this kid? Man? So I have the utmost respect for him. Uh, he know who he is. I think he knows who he is is. You know, he's a great athlete who can throw the football. He has no problems with that. You know, a lot of quarterbacks will have problems with that. They don't want to be that great athlete who has the ability to throw the ball and getting better. And this kid has grown tremendously. I mean you would think that I like the Eagles and that's one of the most hated teams for me in the world. You know, but the player I've never hated on players I may have hated on teams but not players.
Speaker 3: And right now, you know he's he's thrown eight interceptions. Eight interceptions. Yeah, and that's the one thing I think people are sort of looking at. But again, he's been awfully productive. Thirteen touchdown yes, eight interceptions, And I think that maybe the most impressive stat on his line here is his average gain.
Speaker 2: Per throw at seven point six.
Speaker 3: It's seven to six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm up on this kid.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I've been seventh in the league. That ranks. Yeah, I've been studying this kid in Savannah. The day after we stumped the Rams, I just been going just watching the Eagles, just because this is the NFC East, and uh, you don't know where no one's at right now.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The forty nine Ers has proven that fact. Whether it's injuries or whether it's just going through a bad spell, the forty nine ers is showing everybody we're all human, you know. So now the Cowboys have seemed to got some type rhythm on offense due to Dak, due to Dak being better. I mean, we don't have no running game, but Dak is better. That makes our team better. Our defense, young Parsons came out kind of sack early. That's what I tell people. He reminds me of that Moody receiver. Get him off early, and oh my god, he's gonna kill you the rest of the game. But the longer he goes without making a play, the defense kind of follows his lead. So when he can get it right early, make some type of play, a hit for a loss, a run or whatever, and he's geeked to aggressive team, just take off.
Speaker 4: And that's gonna be key against the Eagles is our defense and being able to stop Jalen Hurts, and you have to do it early enough so he's not making those passes deep down to aj Brown for sure.
Speaker 3: And I heard of just one clip from Michael Parson's podcast, and it's a one man podcast, by the way, he doesn't share it's just him. Right, So, if you've ever done one of these by yourself, you know you're scared to quit talking.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: It's like you're scared of silence. Oh if I stop, what they're going to think? I don't know what's next? Right, And he went on and on about how good Philadelphia was, how good their offense was, and what a challenge this was going to be. But to me, you know times and when I saw Hurts in college, you were sitting there going, okay, I just don't know from a passing standpoint if he's going to cut it in the NFL.
Speaker 2: But you know what he's improved.
Speaker 3: He improved his passing, he improved his accuracy. And now for the Cowboys, what they have to make sure of is that they get pressure on him, but keep him in the pocket because he can hurt you when he starts scrambling and running the ball. And that's one of the things that they've got to be cognizant of. When they rush, it's got to be a concerted pass rush, not everybody chasing him the same way and letting him out of the pocket, because regardless of you know, if he's got to get be knee or not, he can still hurt you running the football. And we'll continue talking more about these iggles coming up here on nick Shots.
Speaker 5: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: And they snapped the press guy who looks white, it's not there.
Speaker 2: He escaped, flapped. He'll run full punch down. Just like football.
Speaker 5: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 5: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 7: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing Pepsi, and we've achieved absolute notch nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school Pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite would a pairing can cracks, a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by.
Speaker 5: Monday Morning Swag Brisky and the Smoker.
Speaker 9: Miller Light and the two America's team playing America's greatest spool. Miller Light, the only peer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, celebrate responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miler Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 2: De Victed shots.
Speaker 4: K Post Roofing and Waterproofing the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys. I am just reading that Jalen Hurts has been named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week.
Speaker 3: Oh very good. So we got Offensive Player of the Week and Special Teams Player of the Week butting heads against each other in this game against those Philadelphia Eagle.
Speaker 2: It would be nice to win this bout three? How about one when I'm with you, when I'm one hundred percent with you, make win the game, win the game.
Speaker 3: So what do you think the benefits of long not maybe long term, but going out and winning a game like this? What does that do for you?
Speaker 2: Going it tells your team we're there. This team is not. And I hate to say this as much as y'all know, I'm a homer to the boy to the wheels fall off, but they have not had this game that says we are here. Look at us, we are the Dallas Cowboys. We have not had that victory yet. We need that victory. Now. I may not last but that one week, but you need that game. And I'll give you example, because I hate to keep bringing these people up. The forty nine ers beat us and have lost two in a row, three and people still saying, hey, you know the Cowboys. You know, I'm just saying because it was a game which they have had each year, saying look at us, right, we have arrived and it may be only short lived, but we need that game. We need it. We need a game that says that.
Speaker 3: I was trying to remember back to last year, if they had one like that, and maybe not until they faced Philadelphia the second time, but then they beat them without Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 2: I think when they got into the playoffs, it was kind of a livid with Tampa just a little bit, right, you know, and so but you know that was a team that was shaking all year, was Tampa Bay. But I'm telling you if somehow, someway, we can win this game, I don't care how ugly it is. You go on the road where your record is not that great for it's going against five hundred teams. You go on the road, you beat this team. I don't care how one point a half a point. There were kids, Brandon legs about to fall off and he makes a seventy yard I don't care how. Oh, just win the game. Let people know that, hey, we're here.
Speaker 4: And I know we talked about the Cowboys getting their foot you know in the door early you have to to score a touchdown, You got to put some points on the board early to take the lead. And I think that's still definitely key going into the Eagles because it's been proven that when they have been taking the lead early, that's where you're seeing these wins come.
Speaker 3: Out and that really helps your defense exactly if the other team's got to play from behind. So you explain, And these games were maybe before Savannah was born, I'm not sure, but how how important was when you guys finally were.
Speaker 2: Able to beat Philadelphia? You know they got that twelve SAT game ones remember that? Oh yea, and so does what the twelve second up in the booths aard with Joe Buck. You know, we had a twelve sec game in an eighty probably got hit eighty thousand times. Then we came back and beat them later on in the year, Kevin Martin had like an eighty three eighty seven yard punt return to break the game open. We won, and then we started building from there. It was a game to put the NFL on notice, the Cowboys are coming. And we got better each year, and it got deeper into playoffs each year. A lot of people just say super Bowl, and they was back even back then, a super Bowl. We're a super Bowl. Well, Jimmy didn't let us believe that. Jimmy believed that there was steps to be taken on my show that I do super Bowl, super Bowl, super Bowl a bus Well, okay, fine, none of them have been to the Super Bowl. So they don't know about taking steps. And I'm just being straight up honest. They don't know about taking steps. But what the Cowboys need to do is take a step. Beat a team that you don't know. We don't know, but the Cowboys and Eagles gonna do like we didn't know what the forty Niners. And Cowboys beat a team like that. This is what separates the Kansas City's from the world. And when the Cincinnati Bengals are healthy, you know. And even this game, I'm watching the Miami Dolphins and Eagles. I left from this game. They dominated Miami. I left from this game saying, wow, Miami, Okay, they had three starters going off the offensive line they got they got a deep offensive quarterator. That's a genius the head coach. I'm like, wow, boy, if they had their offensive line attacker, they just could have ran the balls just a little bit. It could be a different story. See, I look at the game a little bit different than most people. It ain't always about wins and losses during the regular season. It's about can you continue to build on what you have? And so can the Cowboys build on what they have? That's why I need for my young players to be practicing. You know, if Chuma don't want to practice, if Tyron can't practice, I want awesome in their practice. You get what I'm saying. Getting those reps.
Speaker 5: So explain to people.
Speaker 3: How intense these games had been with Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: To the point where the coaches would uh you know, coach coaches would throw caution to the win. Coaches would take shots before the games that coaches. And I think one time we had a deal with Philip with defe where they came at our kicker. You remember that when they came and said, yeah, they came at our kicker. And Jimmy, you know, Jimmy want, oh go ahead, then I'll do this to buddy. Here's another coach. Both of these guys probably couldn't have problems. Tied up the shoes and they talking about fighting, you know, they talked about beating up one another. They just wanted their teams to be tough, and they took shots at us. We took shots at them. It was no uh what you call it. Uh. But you had the board in the room. You know, you don't want to put nothing on the board because bulletin board. We didn't care. We hated Philly, uh to the point where we went up there with their fans. We would be able to vet that raggeted no good sorry, concrete built vet, you know. But they had a jail down at the bottom. Let's see, they had a jail and a judge and a judge. Yeah, because they would fight the other fans didn't even fight them on their own selves and the accountables. But anyway, it's.
Speaker 3: The only place I think I've ever gone when they when there was fights break out in the stands that they actually landed punches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the other stuff, real.
Speaker 3: Kind of wrestling and everything.
Speaker 2: But in Philadelphia they're fighting. They were fighting, and so but we you know, we would talk to the fans crazy. They would throw batteries that put snow. Get batteries and wrap them up in snow and chunk them. Yeah, it was. It was heated, and they had our number. They used to they used to grind us up. And I knew we had finally conquered them when we beat them that year before came back and had the first playoff time and we came back the next year and uh Troy. At our first home game against them, Troy, we was messing around we had to leave. But Troy like he just stopped quit byessing I want to score one moment the son of a. When Troy said that, I'm like, I knew right then we went down this cooreboy. Troy like, yeah because he wanted Because those twelve sacks, I guess they hurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although when Daniel yeah, yeah, it was a Monday night game. When Daniel Jones got sacked, I think it was eleven times.
Speaker 2: He was saying.
Speaker 3: He was saying, you know, I got sacked by Philadelphia eleven times. He goes and I don't remember it being that bad.
Speaker 2: But you know what it was. It was it was I mean I looked back one time and I just don't see how he got up. I just and then, and I'm not trying to deflect, but I watched Dion's son Colorado go against that against you so a and then he just went and sat on the bench, and all it brought back was flashback some Troy. I was like, wow, I've been there been a part of that, and never it should do something in us offensive linement. And and I know we're supposed to be talking about PILP. We are talking about and Jimmy came in the next Like I said, we was getting ready to prepare for him. The next time. Jimmy didn't say much. Troy didn't say a word. After the game. Jimmy didn't say much. But that Tuesday we was all come in Monday, were off on Tuesday. That Wednesday morning, we had a meeting and uh, the first thing he told us, he looked. He said, I want to I want this meeting. I need for y'all to hear me as a team. And he said, y'all understood what happened last time. My quarterback got sacked twelve times. He's hit just times. We can't even count how many times it was hit. And he said, you know, coach Wise is going to be mad. He's going to be cussing. And he said, I don't give up, you know, he said, but I'm telling y'all looked at you. He said, old line. I don't care if you have the gouge poke staff. I mean, they weren't as nice as I'm saying, you know, grab you know whatever. Yeah, I want you to know that they better not hit my quarterback. I gave up. But other than that, they didn't touch our quarterback. Other than that, they did not touch our quarterback. And he looked up at the quarterback, which was the kid from nor to Dame Berlin Berline, he said, Berline, he said, I don't care if you don't complete one pass, do not throw interception, get rid of that ball. Give our offensive line a chance. He's how meanness he said, I'm not playing and I'm like, he's I'm not saying as nice as what he you know, that's how he was saying it. And uh, what was Berline in the first half? Probably about he had.
Speaker 3: Like three of seventeen, but he didn't turn the ball.
Speaker 2: He didn't turn the ball over. And this d line it's similar, not with stars, but with young talent like this, like this team was back in the day.
Speaker 3: And you know, I remind him of that front four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had Self. We had Clyde Simmons on the left right left Devins Van I'm talking about from my left going over. We had Regie White on the on the right. We had Jerome Brown on the left over me, and we had Pitts and Mike Golik sharing the right over the right guard. And then we had Evans in the middle linebacker and we had Self joining one of the greatest athletic outside linebackers you ever want to see. Intelligent to the bone, and I'm surprised that he didn't play long enough to put his name somewhere special. They had a squad and then they back in They I can't even think of the guys they had on that back end. They safeties and corners were outstanding. Yes, they had muddy Waters membory of cheap muddy water. Muddy water, I can't even think of that. He was a cheap, cheap hit artist. But he could cover and he could make plays, but he would cheap shot you in a heartbeat, you know. But anyway, Yeah, no, and that was that was I'm sorry to take up all that time.
Speaker 3: That was kind of the start of where this rivalry is now, because if you think about it, it started in the strike game, Yes, when Buddy got mad because the Cowboys had to play some of their veteran guys and they ran an end around.
Speaker 2: For a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had to play him the second time after the strike ended, and they were beating the Cowboys pretty badly and they were trying to run out the clock and Randall Cunningham, the quarterback, they were about at the ten five yard line something like that, and he took a knee like they were going to run the clock out. And then on the next play he faked like he was going to take a knee and threw a touchdown faster, and it goes I'll get Tom Landry.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, this rivalry goes back further than that. But it's just my error. But it goes back with Bill Berg and all these guys way way back. But this was it, and this is where they have always had. This defense they got nice is nothing new. They have always had great defenses, you know.
Speaker 3: In a Yeah, and that's a great walk down memory lane with these Eagles as we continue here in a moment on mixshots.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Cowboys football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning Swack Brisky than the Smoker, Miller Lite and the two America's team playing a his greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time. Celebrate responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 5: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 2: Snapped the fresh down. Who looks right, It's not there. He escaped flapped, He'll look full a French down. Just like football.
Speaker 5: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 5: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 5: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 7: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute not nirvana, because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school pepsy finish nachos better with pepsi. That's what I likes.
Speaker 4: Head to at and T Stadium on Saturday, November eleventh to experience Rally Day presented by Seat Geek. Celebrate Veterans Day with a special presentation from the Color Guard and Junior ROTC Drill team, plus a twenty one gun salute. Take a tour of at and T Stadium, get autographs from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and alumni, play games, head outside to Miller Lighthouse and even play on the field. Visit at and T Stadium dot com slash Rally Days for tickets and more information.
Speaker 3: So Nate Newton here on Mixed Shots with Savannah Mickey and Nate sitting in for Bill, and you're taking up two people, Bill and Everson.
Speaker 2: By the way, anyway, it's got more work to do.
Speaker 3: Tonight, Rangers have a chance to clinch their first World Series in their history.
Speaker 2: That began in.
Speaker 3: Nineteen seventy two when the team moved from.
Speaker 2: Washington, d C.
Speaker 3: To Arlington, Texas. That must have been a shock, right, You're in Washington, d C. And now you're in Arlington, Texas and basically a minor league state.
Speaker 2: But it is Senators or something like that.
Speaker 3: The Washington Senators. As a matter of fact, the guy that moved with them just passed away, Frank Howard, big tall, burly first baseman, came with them from the Senators to the Rangers. So Nate was talking about that sack game. It was eleven sacks in nineteen ninety one. And if I remember correctly, the game was a it was a night game.
Speaker 2: Maybe no, it was it was a day game. It was a day game, yeah, remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the Cowboys night the cowboy he's got beat the Cowboys got beat twenty four to nothing, twenty four to nothing, and then came back in that second to last game of the season. Uh, and beat Philadelphia twenty five thirteen. And that was the Calvin Martin touchdown return on that punt with ike I Holt making the big block. I can still see it in front of me as a matter of fact. And they clinched a playoff. Berth and I remember the plane ride home it was. It was pretty darn rowdy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, we got taking off my shirt.
Speaker 3: I didn't need any fuel in the plane. I can tell you that, right.
Speaker 2: And that's when that's when no social media.
Speaker 3: And that that was when Mark two and a chested up Skip Baylor's remember in the back of the plane.
Speaker 2: Skip it said.
Speaker 3: He had had said or written that the Cowboys would never get to the playoffs with Mark tune at.
Speaker 2: Left, Mark two and a, Nate NOONI Kevin Gogan.
Speaker 3: And they clinched it and he was on the flight and it's a long story, but uh yeah, that was. And then in ninety two, if you remember you played Philadelphia. That was the Monday night game out there and it was a big build up to the game and there was parties going on outside the stadium.
Speaker 2: It was amazing.
Speaker 4: It was that Philly.
Speaker 2: It was at Philly.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys came in at three and oh, I think Philadelphia might have been three and oh two at the same time. And the Eagles beat the Cowboys thirty one to seven. But but they came back later in the season beat them twenty to ten, and then had to play them in the playoffs again and skunked them thirty four to you.
Speaker 2: We went joking, I went out.
Speaker 3: So that gives you a backdrop to what this rival, Ben, and I would imagine that this will be a big deal on Sunday. It will with an Eagles seven to one the Cowboys five and two.
Speaker 2: You need that statement game. Should let the league put the league on notice. Just put the league on notice that we are here. We're here to stay. This is our third year of winning. It's been a long time since we had three years of winning. You cannot, like coach McCarthy, you can or whatever. It doesn't matter when you when you win and you continue to win, and then you you but you need that statement game, and so sooner or later he got to give him that statement game.
Speaker 4: You know, this is it, this is your time to do it. And the team, you know, they feel that too. You know, this is the pressure is on and they know that they know how big this game is coming up on Sunday. And even in the press conference earlier, coach was being asked a couple of questions and he was like, honestly, like, my mind's been seventy two hours of straight Eagles, Like he wouldn't answer a couple of the questions because he was like, I've just been thinking about the Eagles that he's you know, they're all feeling the pressure and they know what they need to do.
Speaker 2: Yes. And the thing is that says he knows that he's a winner. He knows the importance of this game. Win and lose, a draw, he knows important and he know he can't leave this game with you know, like I say, winning and losing is everything. I agree one hundred percent, But you can't leave this game thinking it's the end of the world. Even with a winner, even with a lost, you can't leave this because you still have what nine ten nine after that. This is a long season. You have to keep stacking, keep building, and keep doing it in the right way. Pre snap penalties cannot be an issue. Blown assignments cannot be an issue. It's one thing to get beat, you know, because the guy better our girl is better. But it's another thing to be like, Wow, I didn't play my best game, but why well I had three off sides, I have had two holdings. I blew four coverages. You don't want to lose a game like that. Well we was looking in the backfield or they got us? What eye candy you have? Our defense has been up on the coach now three years? Am I correct?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 2: No more, no more, no more. I'm always picking on J Lou because I love him and that's my guy, and so you know, now make don't like Hi because he's a short guy. But anyway, not nothing personally, just the height that gets meded. Do your job, don't do nothing else. Don't think that you saw something. If you got the slot receiver, he come down inside and you're supposed to ride him all the way across, ride him all the way across. Don't say oh I saw no, ride him all the way across. If you're a guard, I mean, if you're a devisive tackle and you see that, ye guard step down inside of you, step down and get solid. Don't run out because something coming. Do your job. Read your keys react from their play solid football. Let your talent take over that simple. Yeah, it is, man, it is. It is.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got a minute or two left, Savannah. Do you have any eagle questions for Nate that he needs to expound on.
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 4: You know, Actually, what I did appreciate about the last game on Sunday was our ability to clean up some of those penalties. And I think that's super big going into this week as well. And I just wanted to hear both your thoughts on it because.
Speaker 3: It was only three maybe in the game.
Speaker 4: Because I know after the Chargers game that was a huge thing they talk cleaning up the penalties, and I think that'll be super key for Sunday as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, you don't need the pre snaps the other some pimoies happened. I mean, you know, some pennalies happen. You know, God is better than you. You know you he gets double moves you in your corner, you reach out and grab him. Some things happen, I understand. But to have too many men on the field or not enough man on the field lining up in the back field when you should be up on the line. No, you can't, we can't do that. Don't don't hurt yourself. You on the road. You know, you on you on the road. Go over all of this in practice and move as fast as you can in practice that much as coach you allow you move as fast as you can so you can almost get as close to real time as you can and give yourself a chance. You know, adversity is coming. This is what I'm preaching. Adversity is coming. Do not let one bad that played by a ref, by your own teammate, or another guy getting away with something changed the whole. Uh momentum, Yeah, yeah, Momentum is earned and once you get it, don't release it, you know, And uh, I know I sounded like Jason Garrett. A lot of people may be like, I don't hear the Jason Garrett speech. But Jason Garrett got it from Jimmy, and Jimmy got it from Bill Parcells. It came from great people. He can. Bill Partill probably got it from somebody else who got in vincement. I'm barty, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, this team has not you say, miss Savannah, play with a lead. You may not get a lead. But but Parsons has to be big. You meant, yes, Curtis has to be big. Jonathan Hankins has to be big. I ain't. I ain't talking about players that haven't been there before, haven't made plays. I'm talking about guys that have made plays for us. Ron Bland gotta sit, sit, sit, be patient, be patient, be patient, and when the play is presented, hey Bland, make the play. I ain't asking for a guy that ain't never made a play to make a play. I'm talking of guys who are normally making plays and doing their jobs at normally a high level. To continue to play at that high level. But hold everybody to You got to discipline. You got to be disciplined. That's what coach Johnson would tell me. Nate. I know you're gonna say or do something crazy. He'll pretty soon. But we don't need for you to get out of character too soon. You get what I'm saying now. When we got this game one, then if you want to do something crazy, to go do something crazy, but do not mess up this game. Stay on side. You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, same methods today.
Speaker 3: Words to play by from Nate Newton here on mix shots and thank you for filling in.
Speaker 2: Thank you all up days.
Speaker 3: This has been great, and Savannah and I we'll see what happens tomorrow. I think we have our guys.
Speaker 2: Back if you show up, man, Yeah, this is a big game. Has no excuse. We don't, but he's not. We know what Bill is doing. What is Everson doing?
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, I don't know. Bill would have to take off pretty soon because he's got to work tonight. Yeah right, See how tough he is to get here in time for mickshots because there's no game tomorrow, by the way, but it's also stuff to cover, right, So we'll see what happens. But appreciate you being here, buddy. Always great Savannah. If nothing else, Savannah and I will be here exactly doing mix shots on dallascowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: See you guys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.