Speaker 1: M The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys. This is Mick.
Speaker 1: Shot streaming live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt.
Speaker 3: Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: Dallas Boy, you gotta get into again.
Speaker 5: There's a game to play.
Speaker 6: The game. It's a winnable game too. Not to take the Carolina Panthers back.
Speaker 2: Life, because there's winnable game us.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 6: You have to take care of every aspect. All three phases of the game had come all right, So we're fired up. It's a fired up fight song Football Friday. Here inside the SWBC podcast studio, Bill Jones, Everson Walls, and Mickey Spagnola. And we have so much, so much to get to because we missed yesterday because of Salvation Army duties around the building.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: I did my fan report and I finished it about five minutes to noon, and I said, oh good, just in time. And I came flying over here and it was empty and.
Speaker 7: Dark Man in dark we talked about that that I.
Speaker 8: Forgot, and it was like, oh yeah, we don't have a show today.
Speaker 6: So you conducted your own show.
Speaker 8: Yes, it's also another big day to day. By the way, I needed I meant to say this Wednesday when I found out and I forgot.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: The ARP Independent School District in Texas a RP are not. They have proclaimed today Demarvian Overshown Day in honor of their ARP tiger to show him support for the surgery he's gonna.
Speaker 2: Have to go.
Speaker 8: So they're telling all the kids in school, whatever grade, the staff to wear a Demarvian overshown jersey T shirt and Cowboy anything cowboy apparel, and blue and white.
Speaker 6: He always loves wearing a black and to wear.
Speaker 8: Blue and white apparel to show support for their ARP Tiger. I thought that was pretty neat. Only small town Texas do you see something like that.
Speaker 6: ARP is a population of about eight hundred and ninety two or something.
Speaker 8: I think I saw less than a thousand.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it was nine hundred when I saw the census taken in two in twenty twenty, so it's probably gone down since then.
Speaker 7: Isn't it amazing how you catch a talent like that in a small in a small town that's amazing.
Speaker 8: And emerges and goes to, how does the University of Texas find this kid?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: He must so he must have played six man football like Campbell or somebody. Yeah, because it's so small.
Speaker 6: He wasn't under armour all American coming out.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 8: So but anyway, yeah, so we should have sent our song to to the ARP school district. They could have played it when they after they did the the schools still still do the national I mean the pledge allegiance before school.
Speaker 6: I think they can still do that. They can't. It's okay. The population of ARP in the twenty twenty census eight hundred ninety two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so all right, so much we throw that out there. They I don't think they've scheduled his surgery yet.
Speaker 5: It's going to be soon.
Speaker 8: And then Zach Martin had his yesterday on his ankle.
Speaker 6: By the way, and this maybe think of you bringing up overshow made me think of this? The San Francisco game last night, Dre Greenlaw returned yea and Greenlaw had the achilles problem injury at coming off the sideline after a big play in the Super Bowl, and so it took him this long to get back. So he gets back last night, and he's playing really well the first half of the game, and then he leaves with an injury, and then and then and then, kids, have you heard the story?
Speaker 2: I have not? All right?
Speaker 6: And this relates back to the Cowboys and Eric Kendricks as a matter of fact, because if you go back to free agency, you know Eric Kendricks. Well, first off, last night, de Andre Campbell, who has been starting. He basically was the replacement for Dray Greenlaw alongside Fred Warner.
Speaker 8: For thirteen games. He played ninety percent of the set.
Speaker 6: Okay, so he's been a starter all year. Well, when Greenlaw comes back, he's ready to play. Well, there's no room at the end anymore for Campbell on the field, and so he was the backup last night. Well, then Greenlaw gets hurt in the third quarter of the game something like that, and Campbell says, I'm not going to the game.
Speaker 8: I don't have this, I don't want to play. Not only that, he puts a towel over his head and walks to the locker room.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, So what's this guy's history.
Speaker 6: Man, he's got and he's been a really good player, I mean Pro Bowl player in his career.
Speaker 8: Seven I think I seen maybe played for thirty one thirty one.
Speaker 7: Okay, he's thirty one acting like this because years thirty one one, you know the game, you know how it goes.
Speaker 2: A starter gets injured, you replace him.
Speaker 7: When he comes back, most likely he's going to get his job back. And green Law is a player that deserves that because he's a baller. I mean, he's a little bit over the top, but that's what you want on a team like the forty niners.
Speaker 8: You should have heard Shanahan's postgame prescnference.
Speaker 5: It was like blood was sitting out of his mouth.
Speaker 6: And then George Kittle in the locker room aster.
Speaker 8: But let me just give you five words or four words with Kittle said ignorant, dumb, stupid, immature that those were in sentences.
Speaker 2: He would know, Killer would know.
Speaker 8: And he said he was unaware of what took place because they were playing the game right, and he goes, if I had known, I probably would have had something to say.
Speaker 7: Oh I'm surprised someone else didn't have something to say about.
Speaker 6: That was a first team All Pro linebacker for the Packers in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 7: It's got this is something that has to off the field. This is something that has it had nothing to do with football. I mean, you can use that, but to have an attitude like that all of a sudden, was he promised something or he must have thought that he was wronged in such a way to what he.
Speaker 2: Felt justified in walking off that field.
Speaker 7: Not saying that it's valid, right, but something in his head said this is not right.
Speaker 2: Well, and for a veteran at thirty one years old.
Speaker 5: You're being logical.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to be because you know, there's always kind of different situations that go with people and how they think and things of that nature. But uniformly, universally, football players realize that when the starter comes back, then he gets a chance to play. Ask when Troy came back, right, who was a quarterback? I'm sorry, what's his name? Old school quarterback? De Troy came back for the Detroit lot to play against the Lions. Steve Burlin line baw line didn't he didn't walk off the practice field when.
Speaker 8: He found out that was the second quarter of the game. Still, you know he started the game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But going back to the Kendricks story, you know Kendricks on the day he signed agreed to sign with the Cowboys earlier that day, he agreed to sign with the forty nine ers, and and so he was going to be So that's how Campbell got the job with the forty nine ers is Kendricks decided he wanted to be the middle linebacker for Mike Zimmer here in Dallas rather than being a plan alongside Fred Warner there. And so Kendricks would have been in that same position had he gone ahead and sign with the Niners. When Greenlaw came back today, Kendricks would have been the guy probably on the sideline. I guarantee you Kendricks is going into the game.
Speaker 8: But anyway, so I think finally at the end, Shanahan said, we don't need to talk about him anymore.
Speaker 5: Just like that, he doesn't exist, has been.
Speaker 6: Here's the thing on that, though, I wouldn't release him because now he's not gonna get picked up by another team with the suspend him that's put him, which is what you did they did with Deontay Johnson when he refused to So this is the second time it's happened in the last week.
Speaker 8: So you can't you can't go in clear waivers and you're not getting paid when you get put on that list.
Speaker 6: Basically, they've opted out.
Speaker 5: That's unbelievable. Now, the game was unbelievable. Well, well he'll starting.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 7: I'm sure he realizes that he has really cut his ties with almost any team.
Speaker 6: But what would you do if you're his agent, you're going to drop him. No, if you're his agent, what you're doing right now is you're telling him, well, you need to do it last night. Yeah, but you are in that building this morning. You're there before Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch walk in the building and you're saying and you apologize, and you are you asked for a couple of minutes before the team the next time the team gets together to talk to the team, just so you can get another Now, maybe he didn't want to play again in the NFL. Maybe he walked off the field. He wants to play, but he's been if he wants to play for another team, even that's that's what he agree with.
Speaker 8: That he just committed professionals.
Speaker 2: He really did, He really did.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's a chance for a guy to come back, it's no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: But why make it so difficult for yourself?
Speaker 8: So do you like a game played in storm, pouring down rain, stupid.
Speaker 6: I saw a video yesterday and it was I think it was like the anniversary of Gail Sear's six touchdown game with the Chicago Bears field no. And that's what made me think of that. It was so money and I was like, you know, I'd love to watch a game where our team actually plays in the mud like that. Every player on the field was just caked in mud. Yeah, back then, that's what you call it a slow track.
Speaker 7: When you see six touchdowns in the mud, that's exciting. When you see this game in the movie, Well.
Speaker 6: We didn't know any different.
Speaker 8: Right, right, unbelievable twelve to six, And so.
Speaker 2: Now here we are if if if ans and butts right.
Speaker 6: And that's how on the heels of game for both the forty nine ers and the Rams. The Rams just came off a game in which they were it was maybe the most exciting game, the highest scoring game of the season against the Bills forty four forty two, and then the the Niners scored thirty eight points against Chicago on Sunday, and four days later it's a twelve to six field goal game. And by the way, how about the Rams and what that's Sean McVay. This is now the second straight year that I think that they started one and four this year, and I think they started one and four last year too, And if they do make the playoffs, it'd be the first time ever that a team has started one and four two straight years and made it.
Speaker 2: To the playoffs.
Speaker 5: I think I just looked it up.
Speaker 8: They've won like five of their last six.
Speaker 6: Or five, so I think it's seven out of nine. Was one in four start and they're eight and six now.
Speaker 2: Man, that just makes me even more pissed off.
Speaker 8: So with the results on their heels, with the results of those games.
Speaker 6: They do have a healthy quarterback.
Speaker 8: There's five teams now ahead of the Cowboys for that third wild cards. Washington leads at eight and five. The Rams are eight and six. Playoffs Arizona, Arizona.
Speaker 7: Some of them I would have this last week, you know what I mean. Right now, it's just like numbers.
Speaker 8: I should say they're six because numbers in seven.
Speaker 2: And let you talk about somebody that's just dropping like a rock.
Speaker 6: We're just trying to win a game.
Speaker 8: And even the Saints are ahead of the Cowboys at five and eight because.
Speaker 2: They be the Cowboys.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I can't can't lose a game?
Speaker 2: Yeah last week?
Speaker 8: No, I mean now, no, I mean last week?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, yeah, they gotta they gotta win out and hope Washington and everybody else loses at least two or three games.
Speaker 2: You think Philly will help us out.
Speaker 6: The Washington wins another game.
Speaker 8: Now that gets to nine. Okay, so you could tie them, that's right. But if they win two to.
Speaker 6: Get to ten, they're done. The magic numbers are if.
Speaker 8: They win and the Cowboys lose any game, they're done, right right.
Speaker 2: We're not done already.
Speaker 6: No, no, there's mathematics ever sing, Come on, get fired up, all right? Before we go to break, Before we go to break, I gotta get Everson's opinion on the story that broke since we last convened. And that's your former coach Bill belbachak now the head coach of the North Carolina tar Heels.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, man. I never would have thought it.
Speaker 7: I would think that he would come here before he would do college football.
Speaker 2: I would have thought that initially, and then the job isn't open. Well I would have waited if I was.
Speaker 6: Him, Well, if he waits then that job's not available because the transfer but the transfer portal is open now and so it has to that and it closes before the NFL.
Speaker 7: And that's why he had regards now. So the timing wasn't there for him. But I guess when you're at that age, if I was telling my son, is he going through his second childhood or what's going on?
Speaker 2: Because usually you get coaches who are coming, you.
Speaker 7: Know, out of high school or with another college, and they're younger coaches that come in and say, I want to try college football. I want to go to University of North Carolina.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't think someone with his experience.
Speaker 6: Which is exclusively in professional football. He even go back to when he first started his college his coaching career, it was all in the National Football and the professional football National Football.
Speaker 7: He worked with West Point at one Parcells did I know.
Speaker 2: Don't know?
Speaker 8: And his father, father is there coach that he was an assistant at North Carolina.
Speaker 6: Okay, and he was at West Point.
Speaker 7: And I thought that Bill had actually tried to coach with him there or something like that, the way his son did with Bill.
Speaker 8: But no, you know, interesting thing that he said was the year he spent out the football. He said because of some of the changes in college like the green dot, the communication with the players, and a few other things that he had college coaches coming to him and ask him, so, how did you deal with How did this all work out?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 8: And he said it kind of piqued his interest of well, I know about that stuff in college football now. The other thing, somebody is like, well, can you imagine him going and recruiting. I'm thinking he has guys that recruit, no doubt, and all they got to say is do you want to play for Bill Belichick? He doesn't have to go make for that's how much money you're gonna pay me?
Speaker 5: Well and that too.
Speaker 7: And see, I think that's what makes Bill a little more comfortable is because now college for balls like pro.
Speaker 6: Football, he doesn't have to recruit so much money.
Speaker 2: You got more familiar.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 7: He would be really adept at dealing with the portal.
Speaker 8: I mean, he already had an N I L in the NFL, right.
Speaker 7: Right, So that's that's all I'm saying. And so when it comes to him feeling comfortable in that this new uh n C A a world, I think it's more like a professional game now, and I think that may have made him feel a little bit more comfortable and going.
Speaker 5: Into exactly Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean he's already hired his general manager, Mike Lombardy, because that's what they're doing now in college. So they have somebody ahead of uh who was the former.
Speaker 6: Quarterback and just got started as GM at Stanford.
Speaker 2: What yes, with football, you got a shot pro football.
Speaker 6: This is a GM job and uh and Belichick has he has coached exclusively in professional football going back to nineteen seventy five, so it's forty nine years as a coach. This was the first year that he has not coached. His first job was a special assistant with the Baltimore Colts in nineteen seventy five, and then he was with the Lions for a couple of years, the Broncos for a year, and then with a Giant starting in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 8: Where did he go to college.
Speaker 6: He went to Wesleyan College in Ohio.
Speaker 5: Right, there's an Illinois, Western.
Speaker 6: Connecticut, Middletown, Connecticut, the Wesleyan.
Speaker 9: Cardinals, Connecticut. But anyway, Yeah, that's my thought on that. It's the pros now men, right, and he's probably one of the few now college coaches that could be really good at just putting players in.
Speaker 8: So I saw one of the coach runs said that we're going to treat the college game like a professional game. We're going to have a professional system here, and.
Speaker 7: That's the way all of them. If you want to be successful, then you should all do that.
Speaker 8: From a peril to nutrition, the whole bit pay.
Speaker 2: That's my opinion that Chile Hall and how.
Speaker 6: His father, Steve Belichick coached at the Naval Academy, but he was at North Carolina, as you mentioned, from nineteen fifty three to fifty five, when Bill Belichick was one to three years old.
Speaker 8: I was going to say he was born probably a year before as dad coached it.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 6: All right, let's dive into this matchup, Yes, Carolina Panthers. When we come back on mixed shots in just a moment.
Speaker 7: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages, the pregame sideline acts and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas Tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 6: Scott slides for the first.
Speaker 10: Down, investate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 6: Throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 4: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 5: But with that Texas.
Speaker 4: Heat, it's crew us to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster cankholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: Demict shuts.
Speaker 7: The Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, presented by Nationwide, recognizes players who do so much more both on the field and off the field in the community. Helped Dallas Cowboys nominee Zach Martin raise funds for the National Medal of Honor Museum Foundation by casting your Charity Challenge, vote on the NFL dot com slash Man of the Year, or tweet your support using the hashtag WPMO W Challenge.
Speaker 2: Voting ends on January sixth. Vote for Zach.
Speaker 6: All Right, we're good Cowboys and Carolina Panthers. What are your thoughts Mickey on this matchup?
Speaker 8: Well, Carolina, what were they like? One in ten? They found something to play for after going two and fifteen last year, won two games in a row. Granted it was the Giants and the Saints, but then the three games they lost were two division leaders. Lost three points to Kansas City and I didn't realize this. I knew they lost three points to the Bucks, but it was an overtime game. And then they lose by six to Kansas City that had to come back and I mean to the Eagles that had to come back in the fourth quarter to take the lead. And then there they were throwing a pass to the three yard line and if the get holds onto the ball, they're going to take the lead with an extra point.
Speaker 7: He dropped a couple of passes doing that during the whole game too, and they lose by six points.
Speaker 8: So you know, they found something to play for. And I guarantee you this game's really important to them because it's the Dallas Cowboys so you know, you better not go limping in there feeling sorry for yourself because that team's still playing and good for them, yep.
Speaker 7: And they have always hung their hat on good defense, right, that's the one thing that you know, those guys a little frustrated on defensive side, But once they came back with Bryce Young and his renewed vigor or whatever you want to call it. This guy's out there talking about playing for something. He's the one that's really playing for something, and it seems like the entire team is rallying around his efforts because he really has extended drives, he's extended plays with some really good heads up thoughts that he's put in his head.
Speaker 8: Well, it seems like he's sort of figured this game out that at the first sign of danger, you don't have to take off and run. You extend the play with your feet and keep your eyes down the field throwing the football. And that's kind of worked out for him.
Speaker 2: And once again the defense is getting.
Speaker 8: Defenses, giving them chances and they're running the ball.
Speaker 2: With that.
Speaker 7: He's no joke, right, Yeah, we're gonna have to deal with that guy.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to deal with it at all.
Speaker 8: He went for ninety two rushing against the Eagles.
Speaker 7: So and he earned every yacht he saw that game, he earned every yacht.
Speaker 8: So this is you know, when you're sitting there going scratching your head, going, well, the odds maker made them two and a half point favorites. Well, and they're also probably counting on the Cowboys on a short week not getting over the devastation. Well, I don't know devastation, but no heartbreaking loss might devastate.
Speaker 2: That was the station the hopes and dreams. Yeah, just falling out of your hands.
Speaker 6: Cuba Hubbard, fourth year out of Oklahoma State, has oney eleven yards rushing this season. He's averaging four point seven yards of carry and most importantly for him, he just earned his second contract in the league. They just extended him four years, thirty three million dollars now extended through the twenty twenty seven season. That's how they did. It's what they think of him.
Speaker 5: This week.
Speaker 6: We're here in the last couple of weeks. Yeah, what Carolina did you know? Bryce Young was sacked sixty two times last year. Okay, and what Carolina did in the off season, they shored up the interior of their offensive line. By signing Robert Hunt and free agency an offensive guard Mickey five years, one hundred million dollars. Would you give an offensive guard five.
Speaker 8: If it's Zach Martin?
Speaker 6: Do you think Nate and Frisco would? Oh yeah, Nate, okay?
Speaker 5: And then.
Speaker 6: And that they weren't done there. They gave Damian Lewis another free agent offensive guard of four years, fifty three million, twenty six million guarantee. So that's how they shored things up. And how many times has Bryce Young been sacked this season? He's played in ten games, eight starts. He's been sacked fifteen times, down from sixty two sacks last year in sixteen games.
Speaker 7: He hadn't even played the entire seaieson right ten games, right, So.
Speaker 6: He's basically on a pace to be set on a full season thirty. They cut the sacks in half, basically, that's what they've done so and one of the big things on their defense and now they ranked last in the league in points allowed, last in the league in rush defense. But the huge thing we talked to Will McLay about it when he did his segment for the Mike McCarthy Show yesterday. They when they lost Derek Brown, first week of the season. I mean, he's a Pro Bowl type defensive tackle and when they lost him to a meniscus injury, that really hurt their defense. And because Ashawn Robinson, there's another veteran defensive tackle that they signed. He's been playing. As Will said yesterday, he's been playing really well this season. And if they could have had both of those guys in there, that would have helped imntally defensively, and you.
Speaker 7: Know, defensively, as much as we I was giving them credit, the offense has really put them in some bad positions, especially starting at the beginning of the season. Then they had another quarterback and that didn't work out so well, and that very Young. I think it gave the offense the defense a chance to realize what it's like to play with a veteran quarterback.
Speaker 2: But once he got injured, I think.
Speaker 7: Black Young came in and he saw what Dalton was doing, and I think he's trying to mimic.
Speaker 2: That, but just with a little bit more athleticism and accuracy.
Speaker 5: You know, you don't have to win the game.
Speaker 2: He could see Dad on the sidelines.
Speaker 6: Shaq Thompson also got hurt at linebacker and that hurt him a lot. Yeah, they do have Jadavian Clowney over there, do they, uh huh? Number seven. He didn't play last week against Philadelphia, but he's been a full participant this week.
Speaker 8: He's got a few sacks I think, yeah, I think three and a half sets, say three.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then j C. Horn at cornerback. He's the guy that in the Mica drafted that the Cowboys were looking at, and they just drafted him before the Cowboys came up. And if they hadn't drafted, even Cowboys might have drafted j C. Horn.
Speaker 8: And you know on this team, white receiver Legette, you got to cover him. You never know when he's going to catch him. I like you used to say about Alexander Wright, he said, why do you keep putting them out there? He goes, Well, somebody's got to cover because you never know what he's gonna catch.
Speaker 6: For the one guy who will catch him is at I'm feeling yeah, he's back healthy.
Speaker 7: See, you've got those the three veterans right there in key situations that can keep this this team you know, stable, yeah, so to speak. And they had a great game against the Eagles, yep.
Speaker 2: And you know.
Speaker 7: He's been doing it pretty much when he's got an opportunity to do it.
Speaker 6: So they got they got a mix of veterans with rookies like Xavier Legette uh and like their tidy ends of tavi On Sanders from Texas out of Denton Ryan High School. Yeah, and but their rookies. And so I think I think the things are setting up well for Carolina going forward because of what they're doing. It's it's a rebuilding trend, yeah, right, and that they're showing signs of it here the last five weeks.
Speaker 8: The Charlotte Observer decided that they needed to point out the number of wide receivers the Panthers have drafted or acquired since twenty ten. And the reason they did it is because Mingo's coming back. So he's one of thirteen receivers they've had since twenty ten and Legette is the only one still there.
Speaker 5: Wow, because and Mingo.
Speaker 8: So they said, okay, Mingo's gone. So they go all the way back to Well, they had Curtis Samuel, right, they parted ways with him.
Speaker 6: He went to Washington. Now he's at Buffalo.
Speaker 8: They traded Dj Moore to Chicago for the number one pick. They got Bryce Young they had I forgot his first name.
Speaker 6: LaFell, the wide receiver, Brandon LaFell.
Speaker 8: I think he was a first round draft choice. Amani Edwards, Brandon Lafeld, Brandon Laffeld, Calvin Benjamin by the way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they turned into a tighty end later in life, Terrace Marshall, the.
Speaker 8: Kid from l s U. Mingo, and they just went through all these guys.
Speaker 5: I thought it was.
Speaker 8: So other people have problems drafting too, by the way, but yeah, Legette is the only one still there. Mingo was there and now he's here, and he he was pretty good. Somebody somebody asked him about, uh, you know, are you all fired up to go back and play your former team that traded you away? And he goes, you know what, he goes, I'm fired up just to play. He goes, I'm not a guy that carries grudges, And I think that's healthy. Yeah, I mean, you know, he had twenty four games there and you know, didn't give him what they wanted for whatever reason, and they trade him away for a fourth round pick. So now you and he said, well now I got a chance here and.
Speaker 2: There you go, you know what, you look at now.
Speaker 8: So yeah, and he goes, now, I got a chance here, and we'll see how it works out. So anyway, I thought that was interer a seeing all the wide receivers there.
Speaker 7: But I promise you, when he goes in there, there will be a little there'll be a little.
Speaker 5: Bit of I want to show that.
Speaker 8: Well, that's just like going to play against your friends, right you.
Speaker 5: My friend.
Speaker 2: I can't let my friends shut me down, no doubt.
Speaker 8: I remember a little small peanut league or whatever baseball. I got to pitch to my best friend and I hit him.
Speaker 5: No, I was not a pitcher.
Speaker 8: There was no way they should have had me pitching.
Speaker 7: I'm glad you turned out to be affiliated with sports some kind of way, because you really tried.
Speaker 8: As a kid, I was pretty good, Yeah, until I got older.
Speaker 2: Everybody else got a curve ball.
Speaker 8: They shouldn't have been throwing curveballs, manold outlaw, right, all right, they might do that in baseball.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: Uh, it's our picks to click and who was Who's gonna win on Sunday when shots continues in a moment.
Speaker 4: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium, pro shops, concessions and on yeti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 6: Prescott keeps it slides with a.
Speaker 10: First down, investilate your icons where everyone is a rookie. Incrypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 6: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit chain dot com slash Cowboys to get started Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame.
Speaker 7: Sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team Hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 2: Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Wallas.
Speaker 7: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 12: Today Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lyte and the Cup, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate responsibly to only twenty three Liberum Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 3: The Mint Shuts.
Speaker 7: The Dallas Cowboys Gift Guide is here and this got everything you're looking for this holiday season. Grab winning gifts at a pro shopping near you, or log on to shop dot Dallascowboys dot Com a fanatics experience.
Speaker 6: All Right, we're diving into the Carolina Panthers. We got our picks to click Who's gonna win on Sunday? And during the break, I was just recounting to Everson and Mickey about the Carolina Panthers history the last oh seven eight years or so. Of course, uh, And this goes back to when Cam Newton was their quarterback and Ron Rivera their head coach. It also coincides with when David Tepper bought the team in May of twenty eighteen eighteen. The Panthers went seven and nine and that was the last year that Newton was at quarterback and Ron Rivera was the head coach. Rivera was still there in twenty nineteen. They went five and eleven. So now things are going to get better. We're going to get rid of this coach and we're going to bring in another coach. So they brought in Matt Ruhle and they went five and eleven, five and twelve, they went seven and ten. They fired him in mid season and Steve Wilkes took over. In the twenty twenty two season, Baker Mayfield was their quarterback and by the way, okay, here's let me run down the quarterback. And twenty twenty, Teddy Bridgewater was their quarterback. They went five and eleven. You know what Teddy Bridgewater's doing now? You know what he's doing now coaching. He's a very successful high school head coach, Northwestern High School in Miami, which is a powerful perus. It is, yeah, yes, it is, all right. So then Sam Darnold becomes the quarterback in twenty twenty one. What's he doing now?
Speaker 8: Trying to win the mission titles.
Speaker 6: He's eleven and two right now? Oh, they went five and twelve. Okay. In twenty twenty two, that's when they had a coaching change. Baker Mayfield was a quarterback. They went seven and ten. What's Baker doing? He leaves the division. Twenty twenty three, they bring in Frank Reich and they fired him after about six games after he drafted Bryce Young and they went two and fifteen. And now this year with Dave Canalis as their head coach, they're three and ten and with Bryce's with Bryce in his second year. So anyway, there's your history, the David Tepper ownership of the Carolina Panthers. All right, so what are you thinking.
Speaker 8: I'm thinking, I'm thinking, Canalis better win a few more games?
Speaker 7: I'm thinking we better get ready to stop Hubbard. That's what I'm thinking, Cuba Hubbard. I do like what Bryce Young is doing, but he's still playing off of his team, which is good. You want your young quarterback to play off his team. I think in order for us to stop this team, we're gonna have to stop that running game. We really need to force Bryce Young to carry the day.
Speaker 2: And if we do that, I think we'll be in good shape. So my.
Speaker 7: Score is going to be twenty five to twenty.
Speaker 2: Eight cowboy eight. Yeah, that's my own thing.
Speaker 6: That's backwards. Okay, he's not a headline, right right.
Speaker 2: This is not in print. This is not in print. Okay, this is just verbal, don't you know.
Speaker 6: Is your wife a sports fan? Mickey would so she would never say twenty five to twenty eight, right.
Speaker 7: I'm looking at what our defense is going to do. That's why I said twenty five first. Yes, yes, it's all coming coming to me. And uh, I think we're gonna hold.
Speaker 2: Cuba, Cubauba name.
Speaker 7: We're gonna hold Tuba to under one hundred yards. And I think my my pick to click is gonna be Hendricks. He's gonna have a great game. I'll look for him to Kendricks Kendricks. I look for him to have over fifteen tackles in the game. He's gonna he's gonna be doing just as well as he did the last game. He's gonna carry the day. But also I think, yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Think you have the fifteen tackles, gonna get some of them tackles left out there by overshown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna have to, right, He's gonna have to. That's scary. He's gonna have to.
Speaker 7: So, yeah, twenty five to twenty eight, fifteen plus tackles for Kendricks.
Speaker 6: And by the way, that is Tuba's given name Cuba. It's not a nickname. Was Suba? Ready to ask Suba Robert hyphen Shamar Hubbard. You know where he's from?
Speaker 2: Wait? Cuba?
Speaker 6: Cuba? And then the middle name is Robert dash Shamar Hubbard.
Speaker 8: How would you have to put fill out one of them form?
Speaker 6: All right? So not enough little boxes? So where's he from? I went to Oklahoma State to school, but he's not from Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: From the Midwest. He might be.
Speaker 6: Where is Edmonton, Alberta Canada is at the west of Canada. Calgary.
Speaker 8: It's on the way to the north Edmond, Alberta, nor Calgary.
Speaker 2: That's scary. Not but mountains and ice.
Speaker 6: Uh huh. Born in Edmonton, Alberta to a Nigerian father and Canadian mother. Wow, so there you go.
Speaker 2: What's his father?
Speaker 5: His father as well, but heating.
Speaker 6: Nigerian father and Canadian mother.
Speaker 5: High school there, he didn't meet her and.
Speaker 6: He went to high school at Sherwood Park in Alberta, Canada.
Speaker 13: Really yes, so the the his dad met his mom up and can't have no idea? Come on, you got an African up there. It's cold as hill up there, man.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 8: But Alberta is the province, right, yeah, yes, so okay, it's yeah, but it's up north, it's close.
Speaker 5: To ed.
Speaker 6: If it's in Canada, it's up north.
Speaker 2: You want to get lost, you go to Canada.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, all right, might have to, all right?
Speaker 2: May you know.
Speaker 6: That's why Mickey knows all of a sudden knows a lot about Canada.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Looking at my summer vacation in Nova Scotia, got interested?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 6: You know that?
Speaker 8: Well they shouldn't say other than overshown, the defense is still kind of got their guys out there. Yeah, since Kneeland returned, and and Neiland's really doing a good job, and it looks like, you know, Leo File is going to take over overshone spot when they found out and go to tow linebackers. And you know, he played well when he got in there. And now you've got looks like unless somebody says they don't want to play your three corners out of the field. Yeah, so I think the Cowboys can put that two and a half point underdog to work. How about Cowboys twenty three to twenty Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I think that's a popular pick by you before.
Speaker 5: Probably I haven't got it right yet.
Speaker 6: But okay, now do you want to know what really is going to happen?
Speaker 8: Wait, wait, wait, wait wait, I gotta come out. Okay, somebody stand out. It's going to be Michael Parsons.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, Michael, Yeah.
Speaker 6: He used to be off limits.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well he's.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 6: Wins Now Now you didn't want to know what's really going to go?
Speaker 2: History?
Speaker 6: We go No, we're not going back here now there's no history. You realize this is a homecoming game. Don't you for who? For Rico Dowdell. Rico is from Asheville, North Carolina. Did you know this about Rico Dowdell. His senior year at A. C. Reynolds High School in Asheville, North Carolina, they moved him from running back to quarterback. And Rico Dowddele ran as a quarterback for twenty five hundred yards and passed for fifteen hundred yards and he totaled six three touchdowns his senior season at Reynolds High School to Ashville, North Carolina thirteen games, that's nearly five touchdowns a game. So this is homecoming for Rico Dollar run.
Speaker 8: The show feels a long way from Charlotte.
Speaker 6: It's in North Carolina, North Carolina, Texas. It's as as close as he's getting there, although Atlanta might be just as close as Charlotte as Nashville. But anyway, that's beside the point. It's North Carolina. Okay, Carolina boys going home and they're facing the worst rush defense of the National Football League. And Rico is coming off two straight one hundred yard games. He was winning a career high one hundred and thirty one yards last week on Monday Night against Cincinnati. So Rico is going off, going back home, and we're talking at least two touchdowns for him in this game, and he might even throw a touchdown pass if the weather conditions are okay, And understand I mentioned it.
Speaker 7: If they have somebody like Bill Bill Jones on their staff and figuring that watch out for we he played quarter, it's the cat.
Speaker 2: You can throw the ball the catch.
Speaker 6: Out of the bag. Because I mentioned it on the Mike McCarthy show, it's going to air and so if they watched the Mike McCarthy Show and so, but McCarthy downplayed it, said it's going to rain, and so they do not have in the game plan from the half back lying, yeah, he's lying half back passing the game plan.
Speaker 5: I think the weather poured his softened up.
Speaker 6: So there's a chance. So you're telling me there's a chance we could have a half back pass not be as expected.
Speaker 8: Okay, were you still doing TV that preseason game when it No, I didn't rain. I was not there, and we went into about our forty five minute delay for a preseason game because it was raining so hard and we were already on the air.
Speaker 6: No commercials.
Speaker 8: We interviewed the guy that was in charge of the field. I think somebody was on the sideline for the game and we had to vamp for almost an hour.
Speaker 5: Can I pick it was?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 6: It was talk radio. So yeah, all right, my pick, make your pick. Cowboys win twenty four, twenty three, all right, and Rico with two touchdowns.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well you know I got the pick to click right two weeks.
Speaker 6: In a row.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not going there.
Speaker 6: And then Rico's gonna do it again this way, all right, So they're.
Speaker 2: Not going there. We won't. We don't remember that.
Speaker 6: All right, So where a Parsons?
Speaker 5: I'm hot.
Speaker 6: So we are back for a victory Monday, Yes, at high noon. Okay, we're going to play a fight song to start the show on Monday. In the meantime, you'll have a great States Me Final weekend and we'll see you again on Monday.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.