Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to bet You're Happy Hour. I'm Joe and we are here with none other than grocery store Bratt Brett. How are you? Brett is from Gen season, so everyone knows and he unfortunately got set home night one and if anyone knows how that feels, it's myself, you know. So Brett, how you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm fantastic. How are you? Guys?
Speaker 1: We're good, We're good. Where where do you live?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: I live currently in Mannheim, Pennsylvania, so it's outside of Lancaster, Lancaster City and Pennsylvania. I'm originally from a very small town of Fairfield, Pennsylvania, so I want to give my hometown a shout out. You know, a lot of a lot of people from Manheim have been claiming me as well. So everyone else is all friends are like, they don't think you're from Fairfield. I'm like, don't worry, We'll be all right.
Speaker 1: Where. What's with the Baltimore Ravens shirt?
Speaker 2: Are you? Is that? That?
Speaker 1: Is that your team with that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I'm a I'm a Baltimore Baltimore fandom guy. So I'm a huge Ravens fan, huge Origeles fan. My my dad is from Baltimore, so where I grew up was about an hour hour from there. So my dad's from Baltimore. My mom's from a small Pittsburgh farm town. So there was a good clash there between the Ravens and the Steelers growing up. So I've got a I got a good mixture there.
Speaker 1: What would be the other what is it? What would be the other option? What's the closest and other NFL team?
Speaker 3: Like close, DC's close and Philly's closer. But I would never stoop that.
Speaker 4: Well, Okay, wow, yeah, I don't mean that.
Speaker 2: I don't mean that.
Speaker 4: They're They're pretty intense, So don't come in.
Speaker 1: It's all right. I don't think any of those people listen to that for a half hour. How did you? How did you get on the show?
Speaker 3: So my friend, since he's my best friend since I was three years old, him and his wife are huge fans of the and one day we're in our group chat and he text me he's like, hey, man, I need your email, and I thought that was pretty normal, so I sent it to him and he's like, I need a good picture, and I'm like, no, I don't know what you're doing. I don't know what you're up to and he's like, it's it's fine. I found one anyway. I just sidmited to do on the Bachelor att and I'm like, I was like, man, what somebod are you doing that for. He's like, oh, I thought it'd be funny whatever. I'm like, nothing's gonna happen. We're fine, And then it happened.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah that is I feel like how it goes. You always just think, well, actually that's not true. There are some people that got on that were like, oh yeah, it was confident or like I always felt like I was meant to be on the show, but like there's so many people that are like, oh yeah, I submitimad like you shoul I never thought i'd hear back and here we are now I was on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was never It wasn't like on my calendar every day, like check on the Bachelorette up updates and get on the show.
Speaker 4: But it happened.
Speaker 5: So when you got the call, were you like, oh my gosh, what's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was like.
Speaker 3: At first, I was like I kind of caught me off guard because it was a while since that, you know, it was submitted and then uh, I kind of remembered. I was like, oh my god, God he submitted me. I was like, yeah, I mean, let's let's see how far this goes. You know, it'll make a lot of people happy for sure. So it was surprising at first, but I'm like, hey, you know what, you know, not a lot of people will get this text in general, this call in general.
Speaker 4: So it be uh, it be rooted me to waste that.
Speaker 1: I I agree. If it's one of those things where it's like you don't think it's going to happen, and then it's like it presents itself to you, it's kind of like, yeah, I might as well, might as well give this a shot. If you're If you're single, what what was your dating life like before going on?
Speaker 3: I would say rather stagnant. You know, I'm definitely someone who doesn't rush into things. I definitely take my time, you know, trying to find the right person. I probably don't give as many opportunities as I should, but I you know, I take I take the love life seriously, and I take other people's love life seriously.
Speaker 4: If I feel like it's not going to happen, I try not.
Speaker 2: To lead somebody on.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm very awkward at getting out of uh you know, relationships or things like that in general. That's hard for me to do, so I kind of it was stagnant is a good word for it.
Speaker 1: What are you like dating app guy? Just going to the bars with your friends and meeting women that way? What would you do?
Speaker 4: It was a good mixture, always on the dating apps and everything.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: You know, probably you know, put my personality in persons a little easier for me than trying to describe it over text. You know, I think I'm an intricate guy, but uh so it's a little easier in person.
Speaker 4: But I did do both.
Speaker 5: And then are you like a relationship guy? I'm as you're not a love version like Sam? What's like for relationship history there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a relationship guy. I prefer to have it that way. I'm not really too interested in something that doesn't mean thing. It's kind of hard for me to be in so, you know, I'm a I'm a relationship through and through.
Speaker 2: I'm not a not a.
Speaker 1: Love hears So going on a show like The Bachelor atte for for myself, I never pictured in my wildest dreams. I would I would never do something like that, right I was. I was approached at the Whole Foods and and I kind of just went with it.
Speaker 5: Similar to you, I can't believe you were not only like labeled grocery store, Joe, but to get on the show you were scouted in a grocery like that is so insane.
Speaker 1: A wild wild But I just in my head, I was just like, I'm not one of those guys. I can never do something like that. I'm I'm definitely more on the shy side of things, like this is just it's just not me, right Yeah. And then you know, as I'm going through the process of potentially going on the show, I'm like, maybe I could do this. I don't know. I'm just gonna be myself. But going into night one, I I was like, the only thing I don't want to happen. I don't want to go home right away.
Speaker 5: I just everyone tells them something. I just as long as I don't go home night one, like, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yeah, you just you just don't. I mean it's it's like the worst thing that could happen night one is you go home like you prep for this show, You're ready and then it's it's it's also like it's a it's a shot to the ego. It's just it's just overall it sucks. But yeah, it ended up going ended up going very well for me. But what was your hesitation or fears going into it?
Speaker 3: Did you have a yeah, I mean I was kind of in the same boat. I didn't see myself doing it. I don't see myself as that kind of person. I almost I almost didn't. I was like right on the verge of like I just don't know if that's who I am, you know, And I think a couple of people I was like, I just think it would mean a lot to a bunch of people, you know, being from a small town in general, like we don't have much to talk about. We don't have like anybody to point to and be like that guy came from my town. Not to say that I'm I'm special or anything now, just because I wanted to show, but I mean it was cool for some people to have something to talk about, like I'm single anyway, and nothing's happening now, and I just I think I took a little talking to like if it I mean, I you know, every one said that this is an opportunity and not a lot of people get And I was like, I was just worried to think the same as you, Like, I didn't want to. I didn't want to go on and be someone that I wasn't. I didn't want to have my parents watch, my friends watch and be like, who the hell is that guy? And that was my biggest worry, Like I didn't want to look back and be like, man, I.
Speaker 2: Was trying way too hard.
Speaker 3: I was trying to put on for something else that I wasn't and that was my biggest fear. But going on, I mean, I'm glad that I did.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It was definitely something I always talk about how I want to push myself into like uncomfortable situations to kind of grow. And this is the first time where I'm like, all right, well you say that, and now you have this opportunity to do it, you better go do it and be someone you know that you're you know, trying to be uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: You have the chance now, So I'm glad.
Speaker 1: I yeah, I mean I think that I think the same way, like when if I'm like i'm a little i'm a little scared to do this, or I'm uncomfortable. That's kind of like the sign of like now I gotta do it. Yeah, now I have to do it if I want to grow and experience something new.
Speaker 5: What's your what's your David Goggins couchphrase? Again? Stay hard, no, get comfortable.
Speaker 1: I forgot who that is. But you have to make yourself.
Speaker 5: Comfortable and uncomfortable situation.
Speaker 1: That's why I tell myself every time I'm in a in a cold plunge. Okay, So, but like in your head going home night one, was it did you even? Did you even think about it? Or was just something like, oh, it could happen, but I'm not going to give it too much thought.
Speaker 3: I joked about it, you know, like obviously leaving, you know for work, we kind of were like, you know, preparing to not have me at work, and you know, we joked a lot, and like I was like, God, so you could see me, you know, in a couple of days, and it was something I was prepared for, you know, Like it's there's twenty five guys in there who all are in the same boat you are, Like they were hand selected too, and it's you know, they have just as much as a shot. It's you know, I was prepared for it. Uh did I don't know if I you know, yeah, I was ready whatever in my head, and I told everybody, like, this is going to shake out how I was going to shake out. If I'm if I'm on there for a long time, I'm on there for a long time. If I'm gone in one night, I'm gone in one night. I have a life back home that I can't wait to return to.
Speaker 2: Either way.
Speaker 3: I've got good friends, good family, good coworkers, And you know, I was prepared for anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I'm I'm the only guy that could kind of just keep keep like rubbing salt in the wound and keep asking you about going home that well, because it happened to be so it's like, yeah, just keep keep going. But no, I mean, yes, that all makes sense. What do you What do you do for a living.
Speaker 3: I'm an environmental health and safety manager and dabble in in the HR world, So a lot of regulatory stuff safety and a lot of a lot of that good stuff.
Speaker 5: Are you passionate about the environment? Is that why you got into that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So, like I don't I don't deal a whole heck of a lot with the environmental side of things I do, but I do. I do enjoy, you know, being out in nature. I grew up like in the mountains. That stuff is important to me, you know, I'm an animal lover, you know a lot of like taking care of the environment is something I think we should all do because we live in it. But I do, you know, I enjoy going out on on hikes and getting out as many parts and stuff as I can, So that there is that is something special me, Like I'm never gonna dump toxic waste into something because you know, I'm like, well, that could end up anywhere and hurt.
Speaker 4: The environment and somebody else. So I am that part I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And also you probably shouldn't have toxic waste just laying around, you know.
Speaker 3: I don't have any, So that's good that it keeps me from dumping it somewhere.
Speaker 5: But so, how did your night one conversation go with Jen? Then, because you come out of the limo, you have your interaction there with her, and then I'm assuming you did you get to talk to her inside? Yeah, and then your whole truth or dare moment? Like overall, how is the night.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed the night?
Speaker 3: You know, I obviously, it's a lot of people, as you guys know, and you get a limited interaction in general, so you don't get a lot of time to show your personality, and uh so you kind of got to make do with what you get. I enjoyed the night overall though. It was a positive experience. There's a lot of good guys in there, obviously, Jen being the bachelorette, she's a great girl. I'm excited to see how it shakes out farther, you know, obviously since I went home night one, but I I enjoyed the night. I would relive it. I would do it again. I don't have any regrets about it. I'm happy with how it went. I have fun. I was tired, but you know, the split kind of woke me up a little bit. That was my deer dive moment. I'm like, I mean, I was like, it's the end of the night, probably, and I can I can live with rip pants if I have to, and uh thank god they didn't. But I'm like, someone will get me a pair of shorts or they won't, you know. So yeah, it was it was a good night.
Speaker 1: Did you have a conversation with Jen? Did you have one on one time with her after the limo.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I did, yep.
Speaker 1: And how did that conversation go?
Speaker 2: I thought it was okay? Yeah, I thought it was okay.
Speaker 3: I don't think there were you know, like it was jumping off the screen at anybody, you know. I don't think there were sparks flying. She obviously had better connections with other guys. I think it was a good conversation, but like, uh, you know, if you watched it, you saw us at a bar having that conversation, I don't think you'd be like, whoa, those two, those two got it, you know, So I don't I don't think it was anything to write.
Speaker 2: How I'm about did you talk?
Speaker 1: Because I remember I remember getting in the house and like I truly blacked out when I got when I stepped out of the limo and had that first conversation with Becco where I essentially just mumbled but I and then I remember like starting to like talk to the other guys in the house and feeling it out and just like certain guys were like, oh, I like I think she's into me or mine went great and YadA, YadA, YadA. Were you doing any of that? Were those conversations happening.
Speaker 3: Oh, the conversations were happening, But I definitely wasn't bragging about myself and those ones. I thought it was a good conversation from the start. I think we all kind of realized, like I wasn't nervous going into it. I just the whole time, I'm like, I you know, I was good. It was gonna it's gonna shake out how it shakes out. And then when you finally kind of come around the bend there and you see her and she's waiting for you, and you're like, okay, well now I'm with her one on one in the cameras, like now it's go time. Whatever I say is now it's gonna be used.
Speaker 2: Here, you know.
Speaker 3: Like that's where it finally was like you could hear my voice the shakiness a little bit. So I think that's where that nervousness set in. So again I wasn't really in there saying like, man, you guys are done for I got this in the bag. I would, but I thought it was a good a good first impression. And going into the house.
Speaker 5: What do you think it is about you that has like captivated bachination? Because obviously we see a group of people go home night one every season, and once in a while there's someone that really stands out to the audience. What do you think it was?
Speaker 3: I mean, I couldn't tell you. I'm surprised, as everybody else is. I know, for my friends and family, it was like and it was refreshing to hear them say that They're like, there wasn't a difference between me on camera on TV, between me and person, and I wanted to stand by that. I wasn't just didn't want to look back and be like, Ah, that guy sucks, that's not me, you know. I I think I was as authentic and I wanted to be that way, Like we're real people, as you guys know, Like just because there's cameras on doesn't mean there's not real emotions and real thoughts going through her head. I think that might be it is that I was just real.
Speaker 2: I wasn't you know.
Speaker 3: I was gonna go be respectful everybody. I was going to treat everybody how I wanted to treat it. I wasn't going to disrespect somebody to elevate myself, and I was just gonna go try and lighten things up, crack some jokes and have some fun.
Speaker 1: When episode one aired, who are you watching it?
Speaker 2: With?
Speaker 3: Just my my friend Kevin and his fiance Alex. So we were just chilling on the couch watching my mom. She wasn't gonna travel anywhere to go watch it. She was she was pretty excited to watch it. I know she was talking about heading down to the bar with her friends and everything. But you know she's been she's been living it up for sure. But just my friends.
Speaker 1: So were you guys paying attention to Twitter and social media as as you were on it? And and when you did get eliminated?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they they were pretty locked in. Well, I don't want to include my friend Kevin. He'll he doesn't look at social media at all, and he'll be mad if I say that.
Speaker 2: So Alex is his fiance.
Speaker 3: She was including like, oh my god, look at this, look at this, look at this, and uh, every every tweet or.
Speaker 4: Instagram that came across, we saw all of it.
Speaker 5: So what do your family and friends think of au all this? Then?
Speaker 2: Uh, they're excited. They're excited. You know.
Speaker 3: My mom said she's proud of me. So I'm like, well that's good, you know they I think I represented myself in a manner that I could be proud of and everybody else could point to and say that's a good that's my biggest thing. Like I'm just like that guy said small town. I wanted people in our limited h interactions in the outside world to be able to point at me and be like, that's our guy. He represents our town, and I try to do the best I can. So they're they're pretty excited about all of this. They keep me up to date on everything, for sure.
Speaker 1: So where where is Where is your head at?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Because I know, like, like the same thing kind of happened with me, where you know, everyone's Bachelor Nation's upset that you go home and then so now I'm kind of like, oh, like, is is it over for me? Like I I because you know, I don't, you know, we just don't know. So where is your head at?
Speaker 3: I am trying to stay as grounded as possible. I'm you know, I I I'm still just living my normal life, being a normal guy. Now I get recognized more often, which is hilarious to everybody, like the fact that people like one night I was I was.
Speaker 4: Out in uh Lancaster City and.
Speaker 2: Some girl was like, oh, I was heading home.
Speaker 4: She said, oh my god, it's you.
Speaker 2: It's you. She's like, I get a picture.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, sure, And it's just it's hard for me to wrap my head around that, because like, no more than thirty minutes later, I was drunkenly eating cold barbecue chicken wings, like shirtless in my kitchen with sauce all over my face, and I'm like, that's the person that I know I am. So it's hard for me to wrap my round head around someone wanting to like get a picture with me. But my head's just like I'm going to take everything in stride and I'm not gonna put too much time into thinking about what could happen when it hasn't really you know, if it unless it presents itself. So I'm just trying to stay grounded and not change.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: They have an announced that Bachelorm Paradise is going to be coming back next year twenty twenty five. If the opportunity presented itself, would you consider it if you were still single?
Speaker 3: I honestly have never watched it, but I've been filled in because all my friends are telling me, like, get people. You got to go, man, you got to go and uh, I heard that you it's on a beach and you get to wear swim trunks and drink beer.
Speaker 4: That those are those are some good things. Check all the boxes.
Speaker 3: I if the opportunity to present itself, it's definitely something I would lean towards.
Speaker 4: I would if I was still single, I would.
Speaker 3: I would listen and hear out the opportunity and it would have to feel right, you know, it wouldn't. It's not something that I would say yes to right away or no to right away. It would just it would really have to feel right to me, kind of like how it was with the Bacheorette. I was so up and down on it. It would have to be the situation where I'm like, yeah, hey, I feel I feel good about it.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 1: It's and I don't think you you, I don't think you had the same issue as myself because I was. I was. I was really nervous night one, like to where it was like I actually couldn't have conversations. But I will say, like the atmosphere in Paradise for myself, and I even think for you, it's just like it is a it's a much more chill environment like truly. It is like you can drink beer, you wear a bathing suit all day and you're kind of chilling, And honestly, the odds are better because there's more women right just than just one, you know. So I mean, if you are single and the opportunity presents itself, I would I would like to see you on it, but maybe you won't be single. Like, are you checking your dms? What's going on in that way?
Speaker 3: I have really tried to disassociate from the dms. I am checking them here and there. There's a lot of them. Some people are awfully aggressive, you know, and straightforward. So more power to those ladies. But I don't know that I'm gonna meet my wife in a DM or not. But so I haven't put too much stock in the dms and trying to keep the phone away from me here and there.
Speaker 1: Do you know who Maria is from last season?
Speaker 2: I do? Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I'm just say I'm just gonna throw this out there. We were with her this past weekend and she did say you're her type. So I am just gonna throw that out there. That's all I know.
Speaker 2: It's a good thing. That is a good thing.
Speaker 3: Personally, I accept that as a huge compliment. That is a that's a big thing for for win for me.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, that's a good one. That's all right, Brett. Anything anything else you want the people to know about you or something that you know obviously your your time on the show was short, so anything that people you know you would they didn't see. Ah, any other aerobics you could do. We know you could do the splits, you know, Hey.
Speaker 3: I was I just wanna you know, I can do the split, I can do a car wheel. I can't do a backflip yet, so we're gonna work on that. I might that will probably put me in the hospital. You know, I was a football player wrestler growing up, so that's where all that stuff comes from. But uh, you know, I sadly didn't get to like wrestle anybody either, missing that on that opportunity.
Speaker 2: But now no more.
Speaker 4: I'll have to figure out some more tricks here and there, but nothing yet.
Speaker 1: Nice. All right, We're gonna jump and we're gonna play a quick game rapid fire, first thing that comes to your head and uh, and then we'll let you go on with your day.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, let's do it.
Speaker 5: All right, this is just an easy, fun, get snow bred game. So starting off strong, What is your Sunday coffee order?
Speaker 3: So I will normally drink black coffee throughout the week, but when I get to Saturday and Sunday, I call it my bougie coffee Saturday, and I get a little I get a little crazy. It's not even crazy, but I'll do like a cold phone, cold brew and or an Americana. It just hits the spot and I feel like I'll go to the gym. I'll grab one of those on my way back, and I'll listen to music and scream at the top of my lungs, sip on a coffee.
Speaker 2: It's so probably like a cold cold.
Speaker 5: Brew, a Cobra.
Speaker 1: I have a cold brew every day, but I will I will switch it up on the weekends.
Speaker 5: I do get that you do that exact same thing. Yeah, you'll sometimes get a spice latte.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, I'm not I'm not gonna do.
Speaker 3: They're fantastic. They're so good. I'll put in a little scarf and everything.
Speaker 5: What is your love language?
Speaker 3: Ah, I'm not too in tune with them, but I guess uh, it's probably not one but a sense of humor is a big deal for me, So I don't think that's one of the love languages.
Speaker 1: That's the great answer. I love that you don't know because I don't know either. And every other guy we hit, we've had out from the show, they know and they know immediately.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, early riser or night owl. I'm an early riser dating apps yay or nay?
Speaker 2: Uh yay.
Speaker 5: If you could be any animal, what would it be.
Speaker 2: I'm a I'm a grizzly bear, through and through.
Speaker 5: Who was your first concert?
Speaker 2: My first concert?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I think my first concert everyone went and seen and I don't want this to be a representation my music taste, but it was Luke Bryant.
Speaker 4: He was up there gyrating his hips and everything.
Speaker 5: How do you like your pizza?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: I am going to be controversial and I'm not saying it's my favorite, but I do like a Hawaiian pizza.
Speaker 5: How do you feel about kissing on a first date?
Speaker 2: Uh? Negative?
Speaker 5: Negative?
Speaker 2: I like to wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I don't want to embarrass myself night one anyway, So it just gives me a little chance to you know, maybe if I mess up the kisser, like well, you know, he was a good guy and he was funny. Maybe we'll go out for a third.
Speaker 5: Your slow vern guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I damn I am.
Speaker 5: Where have you never been? But you're dying to go.
Speaker 2: Ireland?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I like Toland.
Speaker 5: What is your signature cocktail? Uh?
Speaker 3: I like I like whiskey with a ice and then actually a.
Speaker 2: Lot of eyes.
Speaker 5: Any advice for anyone who's going on The Bachelor of the Bach right in the.
Speaker 3: Future, Yeah, don't go home night one and two. Uh, just go in with an open mind, go have fun for yourself. It's and I kind of said it, going in like it's supposed to be fun. It's not supposed to be sure loves on the line and your people and you could you could go in there and you could embarrass yourself, but if you do, you're gonna be okay. You know, go and have fun, have an open mind, and don't put too much pressure on this.
Speaker 5: That's great advice. And then before we let you go, we know there's been a lot of buzz around the ending for Gen season, so we don't know if you know how the season ends or not, but could you could you give us a teaser for the rest of the season from what you've maybe heard. I'm sure you're still talking to some of the guys. I'm sure you made some friendships. What would you tease.
Speaker 3: I I don't have any teasers. I hate to be a letdown.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to see how it shakes out, you know, like, uh, I'm rooting for a lot of the guys.
Speaker 5: Do you know anything that goes down?
Speaker 3: No, I just I don't want to put anybody any pressure on anybody, you know, I don't because like if I was still on, I would want people trying to get stuff out of me.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for them.
Speaker 3: Like, there's a lot of often authentic guys. I think there's a lot of personalities that won't mix for sure. So I'm excited to see how that goes down. I'm rooting for all of them.
Speaker 5: I love that. I love that you have no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've tried to stay in the dark.
Speaker 1: Not really. When you go whole night one, you're just kind of like, all right, that was it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess so I feel like girls gavvy about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I kept to myself, you know, like like I'll watch you on TV if I want to find out.
Speaker 5: Do you still talk to any of the guys or have you heard from any of them since last week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just a couple, you know, letting them know I'm rooting them on. You know, however it shakes out, you know, however they look on screen like, you know, I was like, hey, I'm rooting for you the way I'm I'm still here for you.
Speaker 1: Nice Well, Brett, thank you, thank you so much for taking the time and coming on Beatcher Happy Hour. I for one hope this is not the last time we will see you on our screens. And to all our listeners, thank you guys for tuning in.
Speaker 5: And we will have more recaps and exclusive interviews just like this one, so don't get to subscribe. Thanks for listening. Bye.