Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition of the KSR pre Show. Today is Tuesday, May thirteenth. I'm Billy Rutlidge along with Shannon the Dude. You can give us a call in the Clark's Pumping Shop phone line. That's eight five nine two eight h two two eight seven. Text us at five O two two sixty five sixty six five six and is always the case. Our pre show is brought to you by Italics Fine Italian dining right here in Lexington, Kentucky. Don't ask me to repeat the pronunciation and some of their dishes that I gave on the commercial. Shannon, I learned the pronunciations and then immediately forgot them. But uh, they have great food there and you should definitely check it out. Shannon is in Louisville, and I think he needs a shot of adrenaline this morning or an espresso. You seem a little down this morning. What's wrong? Nothing wrong?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe the Jerry Eve Show is catching up with you a little bit. Oh yeah it is. I mean get up to five o'clock every morning and fighting traffic.
Speaker 2: Yeah it sucks, But do.
Speaker 1: You good, Okay, all right? I thought you might have stayed up for the Nuggets Thunder game. Shannon. I can only make it the halftime before I passed out during that. No, but it's great to be alongside you again. Give us call it an a eight five nine two eight zero two two eight seven. And I don't know what it is that a windshield empowers somebody to turn into an entirely different person. Shannon, You know, what is it that you can be separated by a couple inches of glass and you could become just a completely different person. The false confidence or the bravado that some people have when they're separated by a car door or a windshield is just incredible. And that piggybacks on kind of the traffic and zipper merge conversation that Casar was having.
Speaker 3: In That's what I was trying to say, Like, you know, you can zipper merge all you want when you're on the highway, but try that in real life when you're just out in you know, out in the wild, you know, try to go up in front of a long ticket line and just go up, zipper merge. I'm going to cut in here and just cut everybody off. That never works. I know there's people that say their studies that shows that the zipper merge work. Yeah, it works for the people who are cutting in front of the line. Works for them, But what about all the other people that are in the other line that were getting cut off?
Speaker 1: You know, Like if I'm in let's say a long line, and I'm.
Speaker 3: The thirtieth car from the front, and then twenty other cars cut in front of me, they zipper merge.
Speaker 2: Now all of a sudden, I'm fiftieth in line.
Speaker 3: So you tell me how that helps the flow of traffic for me as somebody who is in that lane.
Speaker 2: That lane no trying to go to where I'm going.
Speaker 1: You try to do the right thing, you get into the correct lane, and you are punished for everybody else that feels entitled to move up that lane. Right. You know, We've had this conversation a couple of times on the pre show, so we've we've been through this. We've had the truck driver's call in kind of like yesterday. But I did enjoy. As the show went on, Matt kind of started to change his opinion a little bit. He's like, oh, I do it. I just feel bad when I do it, well, then don't do it. Yeah right, I mean, if you're gonna feel bad the entire time you do it, then just don't do it. But if you've got a problem with waiting in lines, I could see how that can be a thing. And that's one of those who says they like to wait in line.
Speaker 3: Nobody, nobody, Okay, you don't like the waiting line, Well, guess what, neither do any of these people in line. You think if they had their choice to wait in line or go right to the front and get their tickets immediately, they would say, no, I'm fine, I just want to sit here in this line for an hour. No, of course not. But you have to have a inflated sense of self to think that where you're going is more important than anybody else.
Speaker 1: Sure. Sure, if you didn't buy the fast pass, I don't know why you're getting in front of me, Shannon, that's a whole nother thing. You want to wait in for a line in Disney for two two and a half hours and then somebody that's spent ninety five more dollars then you can walk right up to the front. That's got to be as infuriating as a zipper Merch. Yeah, but that's life. Though it's not fair. You know, I'm not going to act like I'm not one of those people that hasn't flipped somebody off in the car, Shannon, or maybe screamed at somebody, mean when I wouldn't have in public. So I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like you know, last week or was it last weekend, you said you were late for a broadcast.
Speaker 2: When you came in, you probably cut across a few different people.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: No traffic laws we're working for that shit, right, how'd youculously get there in five minutes?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, there was none of that. No illegal U turns either or sure or run red lights, none of that. But I will say Lexington may have the worst traffic in the country for a city its size, And we've and Matt has come on and talked about that many times on KSR. It's just designed poorly, Shannon. It's just you know, I moved from Louisville to Lexington, and with so many less people in Lexington, there's worse traffic here. That is one thing that I guess you should not envy over here of us here in Lexington. Shannon. You may not get the ks bar and grill wings as much as you want, but you get a little bit better traffic.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: I have to fight for my life every morning just trying to get here at seven o'clock. And it seems like it's always in that same spot where everybody is like, oh, this is a great spot to have a wreck and back up traffic for everybody else.
Speaker 2: And it happens every morning.
Speaker 3: It's the same old it's like Groundhog's Day, like it's smooth selling. And then I get to this one spot on sixty five right there at that turn. I think they call it Hospital Curve, and it's always backed up right there because people don't know how to drive. They're like, oh, just let's just run into a car. Let's play bumper cars here and backup traffic for everybody else.
Speaker 2: And every morning it's like, all right, am I gonna make it on time.
Speaker 1: It's unnecessary stress. Well, if you are driving, please be careful. There's been a few truck wrecks over the last couple weeks in Louisville, including one truck that was hanging over an interstate kind of similar to the one that was on the Clark Memorial Bridge. Yeah, another rope rescue from the Louisville Fire Department was needed. So just slow down, be careful folks driving out there.
Speaker 2: Buckle up, put your phone down.
Speaker 1: Buckle up, put your phone down. Now, if there's a Patriot papa out there listening, I want to give them a round of applause for calling in and standing up for Bill Belichick yesterday. That was incredible. Who knew Gary and Orlando are frequent pre show caller, Peanut. They're all in this world of Bill Belichick and Jordan Hudson and maybe dating outside of your age group a little bit.
Speaker 3: I think of the first first three callers yesterday on KSR, we're all like old men dating young women. And there was one guy who was in his fit what forties dating a sixty year old or something.
Speaker 1: I think that was Peanut. I think Peanut was sixteen years younger than his significant other. Yeah, I'm seeing that too often. Usually it's the other way around. That's right, that's right. Now, I'm a little younger than my significant other. I think two or three years. I should probably know that. I think it's three.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: But Shannon, do you think there's any problem with an age gap, like we're seeing like that.
Speaker 4: Mm.
Speaker 3: I mean I wonder, like what if Bill Belichick and what's her name, Jordan Hudson.
Speaker 1: M hmmm, I wonder what they talk about. Well, that's I know what camp you're in. You've been pro You've been giving Bill high fives and pat on the bats this entire time. But like, but I mean it's a little awkward, like you think that the interest are a little different, Like you're listening to David Bowie.
Speaker 3: He's interested in her because she's a beautiful young lady. She's interested in him for his money. So there is a mutual interest, I guess if you look at it like that. But I try to break it down in terms of Okay, she's twenty four years old. Think about this, she graduated high school like six years ago. Billah graduated at high school like what fifty six years ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all right. So he graduated high school fifty years after she did.
Speaker 2: He was he just fifty when she graduated.
Speaker 1: This this story is a lightning rod. I mean the entire country.
Speaker 2: Hold on, let me say it again.
Speaker 1: I guess he was fifty when she was born. She was, Well, there's been some reporting that he was sixty nine when they met on the airplane and she was possibly nineteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah, she's just out of high school, he said.
Speaker 1: And so maybe that's why she had that pushback on the story when they asked, why did you guys meet? And she had previously lied about her age to some organizations, and maybe that is the reason why. There's also some reports that Bill may never coach a game at North Carolina. His buyout goes down from ten million to one million later this summer. Shannon, with all the noise that's been happening, do you think that's a possibility that North Carolina, I think it's a possibility.
Speaker 3: I think it's a possibility that Bill Belichick won't coach a game because Jordan Hudson's going to be coaching the game is still okay on and calling the plays.
Speaker 1: He's just gonna be standing there like a puppet. Well, well maybe it'd be like all right, we so he's like, all right, we want to run the slanch, Like no, we're running the green Bay sweep. Yes, dear hey, green Bay sweep to the left. And you just you ruin your legacy because you're you're shutting up and listening to your your hot young girlfriend Shannon and ruin your legacy. But you really improve your dating life significantly. But is it worth it though, I mean, I don't know. Seems to be for Bill. Bill Belichick's family is concerned about the leverage that Jordan Hudson has on Bill Belichick because of some ring video cams that were released recently. There's a video of Bill Belichick with his shirt off kind of stumbling around his front porch, and it's like, how did that video get released? I mean, does Jordan Hudson have access to these type of things? This story is just snowballed into just something that like a car direction and we can't turn our eyes away from it. So I'm really excited to see where it progresses. But who knew Gary and Orlando Peanut, Patriot, Paw, Paul Papa, it's a great name.
Speaker 3: Well, like I said, I I don't know what time that interview is scheduled for on Good Morning Man.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, go on Friday. I hope it's not during the nine o'clock hour. But he's not gonna get a single tough question. He's going on with one of his guys, Michael Strahan, right, I mean, it's not gonna be one good question in that interview. I don't know what to wait and see.
Speaker 3: You're you're probably right, but maybe I mean, does Michael Strahan want to you know, be respected as a broadcast journalist or does he just want to lob softballs to his old coach as an old coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see. I mean, may just be a buddy helping out a buddy in a tough situation. But we'll have our eyes peeled on that interview on Friday. We'll talk about the NBA, probably in the next segment because there's a lot of things we need to discuss, including frozen envelopes being in play once again. But Shannon, it is Preakness week. We'll have horses, journalism, and Sandman in the field despite the derby winner not partaking. But there's a tradition at the Preakness that I absolutely love. If the Kentucky Derby is known for its mint julips and maybe even their lillies, the Preakness is known for its running of the porta potties, and while it's kind of diminished over the years, and organizers of the Preakness have tried to space out the porta potties for years, Shannon, I mean decades. This was the thing to do. The Preakness was byob bring your own beer. So I think the Preakness was called the Freakness for many a year, Shannon, because that's where the party was and some drunk college kids, probably a lot of fraternity guys would go up there and run across the porta potties while people through beer cans while they were running, Shannon. A timely tradition that cannot be forgotten to time, even though there's been a lot of changes, but also probably a dangerous one that I will never partake in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never done that before. I've been to the infield once. I saw people running the top of the porter pots.
Speaker 1: But oh you did, Yeah? Was that at the Derby? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, I was like, no, I had no interest in getting up there. I would just enjoying the infield and watching all the clowns. I saw one guy or a couple of guys try to run off with a keg. They try to steal a keg. Okay, which you know you got the keg, but you need the tap to get the beer. Out of it, So I don't know what you're gonna do with the keg once you steal it.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna go far either. If you're in the derby infield. I mean, yeah, they didn't radically they're gonna find you. They didn't think that one threw it too well.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean the infield it's like one of those things where you know, you do it once. I feel like you've seen it all. There's no real reason to go back and do it again. So I don't think I'll ever go back to the infield again. But you know, you do it one time when you're in college. It's fun then and it's like okay, but there.
Speaker 1: You know, the infield it cost one hundred and twenty five dollars to even get in anymore. And with renovations coming to Churchill Downs, I mean they've even made that even a smaller spot where people can party. You know, are we not allowed to party in the year twenty twenty five, Shannon, I mean the Preakness has died down a little bit, the derby infields died down. It's like they're trying to curb this hooliganism, Shannon, and sometimes college kids just got to let loose a little bit. I just hate to see the tradition like that die a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like, you know, the younger generation really doesn't go out and party anymore. They would rather stay home and play on their phones. That's that's their idea of partying these days. Did I tell you When I was in Florida, I was sitting out on my porch and it was like ten o'clock at night and this group of like college kids come by and they're getting ready to get.
Speaker 2: In their car.
Speaker 1: Have I told you the story? No? No, I haven't heard that.
Speaker 3: And I just looked up and they said hi, and I go hey, and I said, where's the party yet?
Speaker 1: Tonight? They go, We're going to the theater to watch Minecraft. Going to watch Minecraft on a Saturday night with a bunch of dudes. Like when I was, when I was that age, I was gonna go party. You know.
Speaker 3: It was like Club Lavila, Spinnaker, all those clubs, which by the way, don't exist down there, but there are still bars and stuff that you could go hang out and party in. But you know, I think that's kind of a in a nutshell that the younger generation they're not gonna go party.
Speaker 1: They're either gonna play.
Speaker 3: On their phones at home on a weekend, or they're gonna go watch Minecraft in the theaters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I feel like most of us are chronically online at this point, so there's not a need to see people out as much anymore. Right, Like it was like you didn't talk to people. You had to go out and see them at the bar, or you had to go out and interact with people. Now you're constantly online. And you're right, I mean, the younger generation, they'd rather hit their vape right and stay indoors. I think they'd rather do.
Speaker 3: I think you're watch Minecraft, which, by the way, Minecraft was one of the movies that was playing on the driving Theater screen. I decided to opt in for the other movie, which was Clown and a Cornfield, and I thought this, this might be all right. I don't know why with a Clown in a Cornfield title, why why would anybody think that would be a good movie.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't.
Speaker 3: It was terrible, three out of ten at best, So you can skip that one.
Speaker 1: What a dumb movie, Clown in a Cornfield.
Speaker 3: It's more like you know, me going and hanging out with friends and you know girlfriend at at the drive in. Than it was great movie. I didn't, you know, expect it to be the Forest Gump of horror movies. I dodn't think it was gonna be a great movie. Well, and it wasn't. It lived up to its poor name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they could have workshopped that name a little bit more. But at least your friends showed up, unlike your blind dates during It's Just Lunch back in the day, Shane, and I did feel for you as you told that story.
Speaker 2: That was ridiculous. You would have loved that.
Speaker 1: Oh, would have spent the whole week on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they would let They would set you up with a blind date, which I'd never done blind dates before. Like, yeah, we got this, you know this catalog of all these people that have signed up for us Just Lunch. It's for busy professionals, that's the way they framed it up, who don't have.
Speaker 1: Time to date.
Speaker 3: And online dating really wasn't a thing. I don't think tender exist it back then. And you would be matched up each week with a different person, but you didn't know what they look like or anything. You would get like a brief description of who they are, what they do in their name, and that was all you would know. And I was wondering, like, what did they tell the other person about me, because they know showed me. I think it was three out of four or four out of five times, and I said, enough's enough, Like you're wasting my time here. I'm going out and hanging out at a bar by myself waiting for this person to show up that never shows up?
Speaker 1: What did you keep showing up for? I feel like I would have been I'd have been the kid that burned his hand on the on the oven there a little bit after the second or I.
Speaker 2: Was looking for love, all right.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about that. You were actually, you know, interested in maybe somebody that showed up.
Speaker 3: I was halfway interested. I was also, you know, the other part of it is, let's do it. It's a show sponsorship, right, so we're trying to support the the sponsorship that's supporting us. So I went out, and of course it makes for good radio too, and you get to say that your date no showed.
Speaker 2: It made for great radio in the summer.
Speaker 3: So that's why I kept doing it, just to see if I would keep getting no showed, and I think, yeah, one, I think one or two people actually showed.
Speaker 2: Maybe two people showed up. It may have been like three out of five that actually showed up.
Speaker 1: And they're like, you're a rock DJ. Yeah, I mean, are you going to be able to support my lifestyle and a rock DJ salary?
Speaker 3: And you do what on a Wednesday night? You judge a booty shaking contest at one am every Wednesday.
Speaker 1: And you find out mid like dinner that the lunch isn't comped. You know, it's like, wait, we're paying for this? Yeah, what you have to do? A bikini slippings U MC the bikini slipping slide. I think you're too wild for me. I think that was I think that's what happened. That's the consensus. Ye.
Speaker 3: You go to the Godfather on Thursdays and you get paid to do it? Well yeah, well, I mean, what do you want me to do?
Speaker 2: It's my job.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Who's that intern with the beer town over there in the corner. That's Billy R. Swartz. Let me introduce you. Eight five nine two eight h two two eight seven join us. Let's have some fun. On a Tuesday edition of the show. We'll talk about the NBA being rigged in some some great NBA basketball last night. Also, Josh Canis competes in the Lexington Dancing with the Stars. There was a KSR member that was also in that competition and much more. On the way, keep it where you got it. It's Billy and the Dude, the Ksrpreciow Welcome Back. It is the KSR pre Show. Shannon would pick would show up to pick up his date, they just wouldn't be there. I feel for you, though, Shannon, I mean, that's gotta be tough. It's a little demoralizing young man looking for love and well.
Speaker 3: Not really because like you know, it would be different if they said here's a picture of them and then they didn't show up.
Speaker 1: That would be worse. So you didn't even have a picture. I mean what I'm saying anybody walking up to you at the bar.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, but you they they you know this, it's just lunch company would call up the place, they would schedule the lunch or the dinner. They give the two names and then when you go to the hostess stand, you would just say your name and then they would they wouldn't do the matchmaking, like, oh, he's right, there at the bar.
Speaker 1: That can be awkward, Shannon. I mean that that could be anybody showing up to your It's just lunch, So glad you survived all of that. People sharing their stories about surviving the infield at Derby or the Preakness also talking about zipper merges, Shannon. Nothing like a zipper merge to fire up the text line in which people are reminding us that the zipper merge is also instituted on fast food restaurants, Shannon, Chick fil A McDonald's. There's a zipper merge that separates cars there. But Shannon, if somebody cuts you out of order in the fast food line, then that's a situation where you know, I understand if you get out of your car and make a scene a little bit there, because I'd get the same way. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, like when you're not in your car.
Speaker 3: There's no scenario in which the zipper merge ever would work. I mean, I've seen, like I've been in line with Matt before, and even if there's like a hint of someone cutting in line, he'll go ma'am or sir, linees back here. I've seen him do that. But you can't really do that in your car. Right, that's the thing, that's the separation. You don't have the ability to, like I need to put like a big maybe duct tape of bullhorn on top of my jeep so I can have like, you know, like the cops when they need to talk.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you know, see that's a slippery slope. Though. You might be just screaming at people for anything. After you you're yelling at people about zipper merges. But yeah, you know, just be careful. Don't like try to heroically block traffic if somebody is trying to zipper merge. Just you know, let these people be dumb and get their traffic tickets later, Shanna, let's talk a little bit about the NBA, because we had some good games. We may not have enough time to get all to it here in this segment, but the Knicks beat the Celtics one twenty one to one thirteen, and it could beat the end of your boys here after going down three to one in the series and Jason Tatum, it looked like an Achilles' injury lift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think the Celtics are done.
Speaker 3: You know, if Tatum didn't get injured, I would say they still have a chance, but without him, I think they're done unfortunately, So just a tough I've lost tough break for the Celtics and Tatum last night. But we'll see if maybe they can salvage one more and not make it a you know, a complete debacle, a four to one loss in the series.
Speaker 2: We'll see if they can grab one more.
Speaker 1: And he was on fire man, I mean, he was hitting threes from everywhere before a non contact injury led to him squirming on the floor. They had to bring out a wheelchair for him. Hopefully he finds a full recovery, but he may not even be back for next year if it is an achilles injury. So you can better on Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: We're gonna say it depends on you know who you are. I guess we heard about Derek Anderson ready to go after two months. I still don't believe that that. I don't know like how you can recover that quickly, like Ronald Acunno Junior for the Braves was he was injured I think like a year ago, and I don't think he's coming back until July of this year, so that's fourteen months to recover from that.
Speaker 1: And I think those are acl injuries, and if I believe if this is an achilles injury with Tatum, that maybe even a longer recovery. But it even shows you how crazy it was when Kobe walked it off and still hit free throws after he ruptured his achilles. There was always some greatness in him there. And whether you fell asleep during the Nuggets game or you watched all that Nick Celtics game, you can watch it all embedded all on draft, you can.
Speaker 3: But this week in particular, we're not focusing on the NBA. We're focusing in on the horse racing Billy. The eyes of the horse racing world are on Baltimore, who will be crowned King of the track. You can find out on DK horse, the number one downloaded horse betting app. Van head to the DKY horse app Now opt in bet five dollars or more on a horse to win the stakes, and if your pick crosses the finish line first, you're gonna win your share of one hundred and fifty thousand dollars prize pool.
Speaker 2: That's pretty amazing.
Speaker 3: You can download the DK horse Racing app now use the promo code KSR. That's KSR on DK horse bet five or more on a horse to win the stakes for your shot at a piece of one hundred and fifty thousand dollars only on draft kings, the crown is yours gambling problem called one two hundred Gambler eighteen plus twenty one plus in certain states to open owner access and advance deposit wagering account and resident of state where d KAY horses available. Eligibuddy restrictions w void where prohibited. Opt in to place a five dollars straight bet or more on the Preakness and first eligible bet only must when to share one hundred and fifty thousand dollars prize pool cash reward via click.
Speaker 2: The claim expiers in thirty days is on five seventeen.
Speaker 3: See terms of dkhorse dot com slash bet slash offer slash details.
Speaker 1: And you never would believe who won the NBA Draft Lottery last night? A team with a one point eight percent chance to get the number one overall pick. We'll talk about that and much more next here on the Ksrpreciow. Welcome back. It is Billy and the Dude the KSR pre Show. We'll hand it off to Matt and the guys at ten am today KSR pre show eight five nine two EIGHTHO two two eight seven. A new poll suggests that fifty six percent of pet owners would cut their own lives short to extend their pets. Shannon, I saw that. Yeah, did you take years off your life to add some to your furry little friend?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I mean I loved my dog when I had a dog. I don't have any pets now, but I wouldn't be trying to cut my life short to extend theirs.
Speaker 2: I'm selfish, it's my life. I want to live longer.
Speaker 1: So is it like every year you take off seven goes to your dog? Maybe because guys, I might be willing to take a couple of years off to make my dog thirty eight.
Speaker 2: But what depends like you don't know how long you've got.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: I had one hundred years, and I was guaranteed that I might give five to get five more years with my pet. If we're talking like that, but you know you don't know what you what your end number is going to be, So no, the answer is note for me.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: You don't know yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery. Every day is a gift. That's why they call it the present.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for that.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I ring the bell for myself.
Speaker 2: I've heard that, thank you, But who wrote that?
Speaker 1: Met me? And I say, and you say that again. No, but not everybody loves their furry little friend. A Russell Springsman was arrested in Sumrset on Saturday after he bid off his girlfriend's cat's ear. What is it? Bet the cat's ear off? It his girlfriend's cat ear off in summer Set over the weekend. My gosh, we're going to Summerset soon. I'm not to watch watch my ears. The table are down. You're right, he's facing cruelty to animal related charges, of course, and you need to be locked up. You're biting ears off? What's the scenario like where you want to bite a cat's ear off? Says he was intoxicated, So.
Speaker 2: Okay, I checks out that is that is not cool.
Speaker 1: I'd be more in the camp taking years off my life to extend my furry little friend's life instead of biting ears off. But I'm not done talking about the NBA, Shannon, because there is some ishy stuff going on last night. When it comes to the NBA Draft lottery, the process that has already been brought into question many years in the past, whether it be the frozen envelope and Patrick ewing with the Knicks, or you know, the Calves landing the number one pick eighteen months after Lebron leaves Cleveland, the Hornets getting the number one pick months after trading Chris Paul to the Clippers. How about the Cavs getting the number one pick, amiss Lebron coming back to Cleveland. There's been some fishy things happening with the lottery in years past, and last night the Dallas Mavericks won the draft lottery. They got the number one overall pick, yet they only had a one point eight percent chance of getting the number one overall pick in their lottery ball being selected. Shanna, and there's a chance do you think there's anything the farious happening here? Where Adam Silver, the NBA commissioner, may have said to the Mavericks, Hey, you saved the NBA. You trade Luka Dancis to the Lakers. We'll make sure you get Cooper Flack. Any chance to that truth, Shannon, the dude, I would think surely not.
Speaker 3: I mean, don't they I didn't watch it last night, so don't they put the balls in the machine, and they.
Speaker 1: They don't even show the balls anymore, you know, in the past. You know, I think they even picked up the envelope out of the case and even had their lottery balls. I did not see any lottery balls.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I'm gonna still lean no, there's nothing nefarious going on. But I mean, is there a Yeah, there's always a chance, especially if you don't have the balls coming out of the machine where you can actually see.
Speaker 1: In real time, real time. Yeah, yeah, yeah, little little Vince McMahon move here, maybe by Adam Silver the NBA Commission, but they still do that though right where they have the order of them so like to prevent tanking, they do the lottery. So it's not the whoever has the worst record gets the number one overall pick. You have a percentage chance number one oll pick. So it's stupid when a playing game or playing team like the MAVs are able to win the number one overall pick. I guess despite when like the Hornets or not even the Hornets, the I guess, like the Wizards and the teams that are really bad. Yeah, uh, you know, get like fourth and fifth. So it discourages tanking, Shannon, but at the same time seems like a little bit of a flawed system. But I don't this, this seems like a move right out of wrestling, Shandon. I mean, I need to see indicated Nico Harrison of the trade of Luka Doncic. You can't play defense, Shannon, now that the tides are starting to turn on.
Speaker 3: I need to see the Bengo balls coming out with the team logo on it like they used to do, and then maybe they still do that.
Speaker 2: I just haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, if it's right there and I see the ball come out and it has that logo on it for the Mavericks, then I would I would say one hundred percent it's a legit, you know. But if it's just an envelope, I don't know, man, I mean, I guess I still believe that it's legit, but I'm I do have.
Speaker 1: I do have a little bit of, you know, doubt. I guess if it's their way, there is no doubt David Stern was pulling some strings behind the scenes. So you're you're full blown conspiracy theory on this one. Oh yeah, I am, okay, I am one point eight percent. Please give me a break, but I mean dramatic. I mean, I think it's good for the league. I mean, it's just it's it's been very interesting, there's no doubt about it. ESPN did a mock draft right after the lottery. Oh take it away, was not in it. Kobe Brea was selected fifty fourth out of fifty ninth. So that is your update on Kentucky players getting ready for the NBA Draft. Of course, otega Oway has until May twenty eighth to withdraw his name in return to Kentucky, which seems like a formality at this point, don't you think, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think he'll be back for another year, and man with a way back for a second year, that's gonna be a really good team. You look at that roster that Pope has been able to put together, with the transfer portal, the incoming freshman bring back away for another year, this is a team that's got a lot of potential to make a deep run in March.
Speaker 1: Can I just bring up one guy that maybe we've overlooked a little bit on this Kentucky roster for next year that I'm just excited about because that's Cam Williams, and that's a guy that I think committed to the roster when the season was still going on. From Tulane six' eight one to ninety who a guy that could play the three and the. Four that's just somebody THAT i think can be really Good. SHANNON i think people chalked it up as maybe a depth. PIECE i, mean that's a guy that played thirty six minutes and scored almost twenty points in his final game Versus. Memphis just one guy on this, roster And i'm kind of really excited about chanting you give me a, guy tell me one guy that you think could have a really big impact on this. Roster.
Speaker 3: LOOKING i don't know how much playing time will, get but, Moreno i'm really looking forward to seeing.
Speaker 1: What he can do the first shrink. Center.
Speaker 3: YEAH i, MEAN i don't know that he's gonna, get LIKE i, said a lot of playing, time but if he's able to get out there and get some, GUTS i want to that's a guy THAT i would like to see what he can do at the next.
Speaker 2: Level.
Speaker 1: Yeah hopefully he can continue to progress and and maybe by the end of the year be a you, know a role, player but maybe they maybe you need him beginning of the year With Jaden quaintan's exactly you look.
Speaker 3: At, okay the guys we were talking about this time of year last year versus the guys we were talking about at the end of the season weren't the same. People we weren't talking. About oh, way we weren't talking About Travis. Perry other than the fact that he's From. Kentucky we didn't think he would get any playing time.
Speaker 1: And Think Colin chandler would be. Playing there you go major.
Speaker 3: Minutes and IF i said that that time last, Year i'm looking forward to seeing What Colin chandler can, do you'd be, laughing just like you did WHEN i Said. Marino so you never know who's gonna end up at at the end of the season getting getting the most playing time and get in the.
Speaker 1: Minutes no, doubt we'll have a full summer to break it. Down so excited for. That let's go to the. Phone SHANNON a five, nine two eight. Seven free bird is our first. Color what's? Up free?
Speaker 4: Bird, yeah good morning as the first. Color hell is everybody doing? Today doing?
Speaker 1: WELL i?
Speaker 4: Uh going back to the cat. Story they showed pictures of that cat on the. News he bit both ears and they showed pictures of the.
Speaker 1: Dishes you.
Speaker 4: Know the reason besides he was, drunk the reason was he, said the can't bit me, first.
Speaker 1: So you bit him? Back?
Speaker 4: Wow put him? BACK i, mean what a goofball?
Speaker 1: DO i?
Speaker 4: Mean it's if we come to a time or an animal bit me, FIRST i gotta find him. Back you.
Speaker 3: Know, well it's the difference between biting it back and biting the entire ear. Off LIKE i don't think the cat bit his ear. Off this is like The Mike tyson Of. Pekings we're dealing with her In. Somerset same.
Speaker 4: Thought oh you just took the words out of my. Mouth, MAN i tell. You make you think the kids can get on a stay on the hot, street can win a couple of games At.
Speaker 3: Vanderbilt, yeah certainly. POSSIBLE i Mean. Vandy you, Know matt was saying That vandy's not that good this. YEAR i mean they, ARE i think eleventh in the, country but they're, not you, know top five like they've been in years.
Speaker 1: Past so they still got a really good.
Speaker 3: Team you, KNOW i think if you grab, one you're guaranteed all but. Guaranteed nothing's, Guaranteed BUT i would say mostly it's close to guaranteed without being guaranteed to get into THE Ncaa. TOURNAMENT i think even if they don't win a game Against, vandy they're still. In but you, know you grab one game, two you're definitely. In AND i think if they can grab just, one they're in the tournament for.
Speaker 4: Sure, WELL i forgot who they was On Tom. Lee she had a cast. Off he said he saw thirteen conference wins would get them, in and they're either at thirteen or fourteen right.
Speaker 1: Now right, RIGHT i.
Speaker 4: Believe but that's sweet with. Me, man they played some really good. Ball, yeah you'll have a good. Day he'll take care.
Speaker 1: Of, yep thanks for the.
Speaker 3: CALL i THINK i do think the sweep got them. In but, again you, know when you're kind of right on the, cost but being in and, out you don't want to leave anything of the. CHANCE i think if you get one Against, vandy you're definitely.
Speaker 1: In likely the last home game of the year VERSUS nku tonight at six thirty, pm first, pitch and then the weekend series At. Vandy it's just about getting in the. Tournament and if they do it, AGAIN i believe it'll be the third straight year That Nickman, Jonah kentucky have made the. Tournament so let's go on another run Little College World series action once. Again hopefully This kentucky team can do. It, Yeah freebird's. Right the cat had bit him first and that's what led to the. Altercation he's being held on fifty thousand dollars. Bond, wow Fifty how much bond would you be willing to pay to get me out of?
Speaker 2: Jail ten?
Speaker 1: Dollars? Ten, NO i mean depends on what you it's going to be a lot more than.
Speaker 3: Ten, look if you bit the ear off a, CAT i would say you deserve to be in. Jail so in there a little. Bit, yeah you need to sit in there and think about what you. Did get your ear bitten by an. Inmate see how you like?
Speaker 1: That, well it'd be an upset you answering the. Phone but, YEAH i wouldn't be your first. CALL i know that you'd be, Close. SHANNON i got a.
Speaker 2: Mom you would call.
Speaker 1: Dad you would Call, Oh i'm not a mom and, Dad, no to.
Speaker 2: Tell them that you're in jail because you bet that you're off a.
Speaker 1: Cat, No and you got to make it, discreet, RIGHT i, mean you got to get somebody that would bail you. Out that's not gonna tell mom and. Dad Maybe i'm still in the college, Mind so you think you would call? ME i mean that'd be first topic On monday morning pre. Show, no, no, No i'd, Say, shannon you can't talk about this on.
Speaker 3: Me you would say you can't talk about, it and THEN i would, Go mike's are, On we're, live what are you going to do about?
Speaker 2: It we're talking About.
Speaker 1: Billy. Uh so we did this During Drew paluzzo where you're doing. Ksrs most likely who is most likely to bail you out of? Jail AND i think my answer was Eventually, drew because because he was there with. You, yeah Because drew has been in these late night situations where maybe he gets a little out of. Hand you, know one thing leads to, another there's a pi yarde and maybe you, know not saying he's been in the, situation but he's been in a situation where he's needed to bail somebody, Out. Shannon so MAYBE i think you're high on the, list BUT i Think drew would be number one for.
Speaker 2: ME i have never built anybody, out SO i don't even, know.
Speaker 1: Like you don't know the. PROCESS i guess you go to the.
Speaker 3: Jail and swipe your card and here's the bill.
Speaker 1: Money, yeah but you're. RIGHT i mean depends on WHAT i. Did you leave me in? There If i'm biting the ears off of? Cats, yeah, YEAH i don't need to get.
Speaker 4: Out.
Speaker 1: Uh speaking of one MORE nba topic while we've been talking about, it it was announced That Michael jordan will be a special contributor on NBC's UPCOMING nba coverage next. YEAR nbc will have the rights to THE nba and so they'll be bringing back the theme Music, shannon and it looks Like Michael jordan will be.
Speaker 3: COMING i am big on, nostalgia and AS i get, Older i'm even bigger on. It you, know like the things THAT i grew up with THE nba ON, nbc with the music that went along with.
Speaker 2: It they're bringing that.
Speaker 3: Back they're bringing, back as we talked about last, week the announcer for that and the guy that the THE ai VOICE Ai, Voice so, yeah the guy passed AWAY i think back in twenty, seventeen but they're bringing.
Speaker 1: Him back THROUGH ai to do the voiceover.
Speaker 2: Stuff AND i love.
Speaker 1: It. Man it's.
Speaker 3: Awesome now if we can just get Major League baseball back ON. Cbs THE mlb ON cbs theme song is my favorite.
Speaker 1: EVER i don't Think i've ever even heard. THAT i Think i've played it before on though Maybe i'll be ON. Cbs, okay mlby ON. Cbs it was only on there for like three years back in the early. Nineties how do you Think mike's going to? DO i, MEAN i don't expect him to Be Charles barkley and have this overwhelming.
Speaker 3: Charisma but so like when you say special, contributor does that mean he's going to be in the studio Like barkley And.
Speaker 1: Shack you, Know i'm not. Sure you, KNOW i don't think he's going to be on the play by play, broadcast SO i think that's probably he's going to be more of an in studio.
Speaker 4: Role.
Speaker 1: YEAH i just think probably the check that they had to cut For mike to be do IN nba, games you.
Speaker 2: Mean, yeah, yeah get him off the golf.
Speaker 1: Course. Yeah, WELL i mean he's got the, money SO i mean he must be doing it for the love of the game or to keep his name. RELEVANT i don't. KNOW i just you, Know i'm sure it'll be. Good you, know people will tune in for, it And michaeill do a good. Job but you're, right the nostalgia will be strong with the music And Michael jordan and even THE ai. Voice when it comes to THE nba coverage next, year we need to take a, break though you can always textas five oh two two six five six six five. Six we've got one segment to go here on THE ks our Apprecia donna doesn't.
Speaker 3: See doesn't that theme? Right there's just bring you back to the. NINETIES nba ON, Nbc Boys, Nicks.
Speaker 1: Oh it's, GREAT i love.
Speaker 3: IT i THINK fs one was using this for some of their college basketball, games but it doesn't hit the same as it. Did but you know, what it WAS nba ON, Nbc so it's. Cool they're coming back TO nbc and they're using the old theme song.
Speaker 1: Too. Yeah, WELL ai announcers and old theme. Songs there'll be nothing new in the next twenty or thirty. Years it'll just be all replayed stuff from better. Days so, look you say.
Speaker 3: You've never heard THE mlb ON cps, Themes now do you have that? Tabe this, was in my, opinion the best theme song for any. Sport it perfectly matched. Baseball here it is.
Speaker 1: Here it comes stint dun dun d d dum.
Speaker 2: Dumn how great does?
Speaker 1: That i'm gonna make you feel like you're in a. Coffin BUT i had never heard that, before.
Speaker 3: So it was only around for three, years to be, fair from ninety to ninety.
Speaker 1: Three, okay it brings back.
Speaker 3: Exactly but if you're A braves fan in the, nineties The Cid bream slot at the, plate that's the first thing you think of when you hear this On it's pretty. Amazing they need to bring that back if they ever MOVED mlb back TO.
Speaker 1: Cbs, oh it's not even the same sport, Though, SHANNON i, mean can you what do you? MEAN i, mean just baseball is unrecognizable from what it was in the, Nineties SO i figured it's it's even harder to bring stuff like that. Back something that was in the news we talked about Last, friday The Joe Crew Easton park Mayor Joe greenberg will not move forward with the tennis and. Picklebar Did Cig? Greenberg Greig? Greenberg what DID i, Say Joe? Greenberg same. Thing craig has decided he will not move. FORWARD i, think, no we don't need to hold, ON i THINK i, KNOW i THINK i know where your brain was going? There where was The Joe greenberg? There Because Joe goldberg from you On netflix And Craig, greenberg it is Mixed Joe goldberg the Serial killer from you On netflix with our mayor And. Lowell Craig, Greenberg, well they're probably not the same, person you, know personalities aren't the same at. All has made the decision to not move forward with the pickleball. Courts, uh and probably the right move after all the backlash we heard from, that don't you THINK.
Speaker 3: I never really thought that when you go out and you protest that it would actually have like any significance in the decision that a politician would. Make BUT i, say in this, situation you have four hundred p people come out opposing the pickleball. Courts you had apparently zero people show up to defend pickleball. There AND i think it's cool That Craig, Greenberg louisville, mayor, yeah actually listened to the people and, said you know, What, okay it's an overwhelming. Majority four hundred to zero seems pretty, overwhelming and, decided you know, what we can go somewhere, else like somebody, suggested there's plenty of those, open empty big lot stores Across. Louisill why don't we put them in?
Speaker 1: There unless protests work in the, Past chan and we have a is it right to? ASSEMBLY i, mean there's a difference between people locking arms blocking traffic on the interstate or on a bridge and to a protest that could you, know lead to some. Feedback you also see like some of those school, meetings those school board meetings where people show up and they're just screaming at these board. Members you gotta protect our kids and things like. That you wonder if those, things if there's any progress being. Made. Well in this, Instance craig decides to go no pickleball. Courts also another piece of news that we need to bring up before the show. Ends have you seed This facebook ad for owning a piece of chee, Cheese? Shannon because everybody and the mother has sent it to, me And i'm sure they've done the same to. You, yeah you think you've gotten it a bunch Of.
Speaker 3: Yeah every day somebody sends this to me AND i feel like MAYBE i, should BUT i don't.
Speaker 1: Know.
Speaker 3: Man my concern about being an investor with che cheese would be that it comes back and it's not as good as it once, was you, know or as good as you remember, it because now we have all These mexican restaurants that are just about in every town that we didn't have back. Then you, know back then it Was Taco, Bell, tumbleweed Che. Cheese those were your Three mexican. Options now that you have all these, other you, know sort of mom and pop Type mexican restaurants that are, in LIKE i, said just about every town you go, TO i just wonder if it will even hold up to those type of.
Speaker 1: Places so you'd hate to be an investor and the original recipe doesn't come, back, yeah or they you, know they change the the aesthetic of, it all.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah so that that's my.
Speaker 3: Hesitation but you, KNOW i could throw down a couple of hundred, DOLLARS i, guess and have a, small, tiny little frack ownership Of Chee. Cheese Maybe i'll do the seven hundred k already raised by two hundred and fifty plus. Investors SO i think it's time for you to get on, Board. Shannony even if it is a little, different then you can still say you are maybe an owner Of chi.
Speaker 1: Cheese what's the? GOAL i don't. KNOW i don't. Know it's just everybody's been sending it to, us and when it has chee cheese on the, front it's says something that needs to be brought up on the pre.
Speaker 3: SHOW i think we should take a little road trip up To. Minnesota that first one's supposed to be opening this. Summer So i'm all to.
Speaker 1: Take us To mall Of america and we can go to the chee.
Speaker 3: Cheese what's Going you can go to Draft KINGS dk horse the number one dollar a horse betting. App bet five dollars or more for a horse to win The, preakness and if it crosses the finish line, first you'll win your share of one hundred and fifty thousand dollars only on Draft kings To krona is?
Speaker 1: Yours all? Right that's going to do it for Us For shannon The, DUDE i Am Billy. Rutlede this has been the show before the, show THE kasr Pre, Show matt and the Guys live from Kas bar are. Next we will talk to you tomorrow