Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot com US Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and Newi Sdrugs.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody here, we are Players Lounge. My apologies for us being late today. Just left the locker room.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: The crew is Danny McCrae, heck Ma Harrison, Barry Church has returned, yes and dating.
Speaker 4: I am News'.
Speaker 3: Drugs as we get ready for the Cowboys taking on Bay Packers.
Speaker 5: Mm h, Danny, how are we doing today?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good, Man, I'm doing good. I'm doing Listen, I'm ready for this weekend. There's gonna be some good football on this weekend, all right. Well, you know we had all the all the all the somber news last yesterday and Queen possibly Pete Carroll, Nick Say the Great Knicksaban retired.
Speaker 4: But today it's a new day, all right, It's Thursday. Today is a new day. Is Thursday.
Speaker 2: We're moving on into the weekend and we're ready for some football. So playoff football.
Speaker 4: Yesterday knew he all but escorted him out the building.
Speaker 2: He said he left it better than he found.
Speaker 4: They had boxing everything. He get his deposit back.
Speaker 5: I was all right, bro, I was looking at the church.
Speaker 3: I was looking at the odds last night because they send us to send it my work email. He number one, number one on the next nextel coaches him, Dude, I can see it though, can't you. Does it make sense it do?
Speaker 2: We all agreed that it made sense. But at the end of his statement he said he said that like not here, he don't have a game on Sunday.
Speaker 4: The coach. You know what, man? We all we all agreed that it was. It was. It's a perfect fitting going there.
Speaker 5: Hey, church, my last ride. You know, let's go out. Let's finish the thing.
Speaker 4: Ride together. That's what you said the trigger Mike.
Speaker 3: Michael, come on, let's finish the thing out right. Finish it out right, you know, send me out right.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, really taking with them?
Speaker 4: Curse this guy our hair? Yeah, chieve our guys.
Speaker 5: How's Mike's guy? How's Mike?
Speaker 4: That was my What about Joe?
Speaker 5: You know what to me?
Speaker 3: If I'm Jerry Jones, I called Joe and said, hey, I got come on, stay so dirty alone.
Speaker 4: Take the players. I'm just take the players and coaches that.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's that's the Q guy. But Joe wit Is.
Speaker 3: Sources have told me that Joe would be very open to to moving updated tax.
Speaker 2: We said, we moved on from this. Okay, stop trying to get the coaches away.
Speaker 4: We are right. Okay. So about the Packers.
Speaker 2: I talked to Sam, Sam, what do you got to talk about it?
Speaker 3: I did see, so what makes this different? This run different? You know, you've been around here for a not of these. And he just said he feels like they have an.
Speaker 5: Overall team that can do it.
Speaker 3: And then one of the things I said to him is, look, I'm gonna go to the two San Francisco loss the last few years. The offense can't get three touchdowns? How do you get that? How do you get that thing over? Because the defense has given you enough to win the game. And he said, we just got to be ourselves and we can do that. So he's confident. Tank Lawrence was the last person I was in that that group with him. He also has been here for enough of these these tough losses. He just feels like they just need to take advantage of their opportunity, so they're saying the right things. I asked Hankins about the green Bay run, and is there pressure on you because you know you're favored at home, You're you're at home where you have not lost, and he said he didn't feel like it was pressure, that they just need to go out and play their games.
Speaker 5: So what I'm hearing so far is good.
Speaker 3: And the question I didn't ask, which is, in my mind, do you feel like you're playing for your coaches job because somebody left their job today?
Speaker 5: That the rumors out there that Cowboys could be a connection.
Speaker 3: But I didn't ask no question because I thought that would be a little inappropriate.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to answer that.
Speaker 6: We when we talk about pressure, you right, I mean all the pressure is to me on the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: For this game.
Speaker 2: I mean when you look at green Bay, young quarterback, first time going around, first start, the first time in the playoffs, nobody thought that green Bay was going to get to this point, especially how they started the season, like nobody thought that was going to happen.
Speaker 6: Correct, he's playing with house money right now. So the pressure is all on Dallas. They got the like you just said, they got the home field advantage for at least two games if they do everything right, maybe even three if somebody knocked you know, the guys off at the time. So they got all the pressure on them. And Mike McCarthey understands this is the best team he's been around. Everybody just telling you, the players you just talked to, saying, this is the best chance that we've had in a long time to get to the point where we need to get to. So the pressure is all on Dallas and this to me, they got to make my guy uncomfortable. And when we talk about I'm tking about Ordan Love, they got to make him Uncomfortableause right now he's on the wave.
Speaker 4: He's riding that confidence way.
Speaker 6: Eighteen touchdowns to one pick in the last what six to seven games.
Speaker 4: I believe the man's riding strong.
Speaker 5: So to me, the pressure is on Dallas.
Speaker 2: But I think they got the head coach in the quarterback to to step up to that challenge.
Speaker 4: Every look at it.
Speaker 2: We said the exact same thing yesterday, and I want to hear your rebuttal to this.
Speaker 4: We said the.
Speaker 2: Exact same thing. Nobody told me nothing. We call the fire, So I'm just waiting. I'm waiting here, so I guess my my question is is how do you know when you know that you that team? I mean, as you go through the teams that have won Super Bowls, that have made a run in the Super Bowl, when do you know that you qualify as the upper echelona teams in the NFL. I don't think anybody is thinking right now that San Francisco has any pressure on them because you look at them.
Speaker 4: As that upper echelon team. The same with the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 2: I would say the Buffalo Bills, even with the way that they got in, there's no pressure on them in a home game against the Stellers because it's just the Stealers, right. But the Dallas Cowboys, who have been plugging away and have a same twelve and five as the rest of these so called elite teams, all the pressure is on them. They're at home with a fifteen game win streak and all of a sudden, we don't expect for them to come through the tunnel, swaggered up, ready to go, ready to get kick this thing off. It hadn't looked like this in a number of years, with the kind of opponents that you have in front of it, and it us smirks and all that don't matter. What matters is is that we're gonna get it done and the Cowboys, and the Cowboys finally having opportunity with the number one quarterback in the league and also an elite wide receiver, also an elite pass rusher.
Speaker 4: You got all these.
Speaker 2: Great things happening on your team, but you the ones you got pressure on you. But man, you're the show boys though you don't think if the Bills go up these to the stealers like Rudolph Okay, I mean, let's pressure on off those teams. That's pressure doing what we do. All right, that's pressure doing that's pressure doing what we do. But when you talk about a team that has made this season, they're twelve and five, they gotta They're facing a team that snuck into the playoffs, all you got on your plate is that, Like like Tyron said, I'm gonna go out there and be us play our game. Can I can I say what we do? Can I say something about the teams that you like? When we talked about this a little yesterday, But I just want to make sure that we all on the same page of you got the pressure on it because you should win the game. That's like, you should beat this team. We all agree that we should beat the Green Bay Packers. The pressure is more than that, though. It comes from you not being able to get over the hump for a certain amount of years. The teams that you named have all either been to the Super Bowl or their conference championship game within the last five or six years, right, Like, so you.
Speaker 4: Haven't been to a chap whenever it was.
Speaker 2: They've been further than us, where the hump that they're trying to get over is different than ours. Okay, right, ray Lewison don't want the Super Bowl, so I mean, like I'm saying, but they've been there. So when we talk about us as the Cowboys, the pressure is we haven't been able to get to the NFC championship game and I don't know how many years. So that is why the pressure it continues to build because right if you say, this is the best team you've had in a while, Dak Prescott, best quarterback in the league, right now you have all these things, So yes, now the expectation is you should be able to get over that hump and get at least in the NFC Championship game. So that's where I'm saying the pressures come from. Do I believe that Green Bay can beat us?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Do I believe they will if we come out and do what we're supposed to do. Absolutely not. I guess My question is this, I guess, all right, pressure, You got pressure. There's a certain amount of pressure on in everything that you do. But for these guys, it's a win or go home. So that's pressure in it in itself. But when do you get up in the morning and say, man, We're gonna go to the stadium and beat their ass like that's what that's what they may have the same, they may have same out look, Green Bay is coming to play a football game, But when are you you know what you don't what you what you have in your team, and you feel like if we go out there and we play our best version of football, they.
Speaker 4: Can't rock with it. We do feel that way, and that's all I'm and that's all I'm saying. No, we do feel that.
Speaker 2: Take all the pressure off. If I'm gonna go out there, I'm gonna pay because they can't deal with that. Yeah, But then you have to go out there and be able to play your best whenever that is. And that's the issue of like, Okay, we know if the Cowboys are playing their best that they are in the game when anybody in the league.
Speaker 4: The thing is, it hasn't been that way.
Speaker 2: You can go in there with the number one off in the league for the entire season and then not be able to put up three touchdowns in the game. So we have seen them be able to go out well, we've seen them go out there and not be able to play their best game, which is whether pressure comes. The pressure is on you to go out there and play your best football in the biggest moments.
Speaker 3: Mike McCarthy was hired to take this team further than Jason Garrett.
Speaker 5: He has not done that yet.
Speaker 3: After the game, when asked about the head coach of status, what the owner go out there and do game by game? That right, there is pressure starting from the man up top. That's pressure if they don't win two games here. Can we all say we're confident that Mike is gonna come back, even though I just advocated Mike coming back.
Speaker 5: Can we all say do gonna be back?
Speaker 4: Seeing stranger things?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm just thinking what they don't win, they'll find a way to win one. The percent is higher. It is higher for me of not being able to come back to the scene.
Speaker 3: So if this team doesn't win one to two games here, you want to tell me, ain't no consequences. He gonna just say everybody go running running on back. There is pressure here. It's pressure because the owner has consistently said he thinks this is a super Bowl team. They have not gotten past the divisional round. You got two games at home. You had lost at home all year long. Yeah, there's pressure here. They mess around here, be ten seven like they were last week. You know that building to gonna be tight and sudden they gonna be tight because they haven't gone as.
Speaker 5: Far as people have thought they could with the talent that they have here.
Speaker 4: So they have pressure on seven. So there is pressure here. Was that pressure in.
Speaker 2: Twenty sixteen, But when y'all had to buy it and just said y'all felt like y'all had the team in twenty sixteen, it was it.
Speaker 4: I mean, what did you say.
Speaker 2: We ended up going out there and it didn't perform, right, Yeah, So that's what the pressure is. You're like, okay, because you haven't been there so long, and then you start to look at the way the team is performing during the regular season. Then the pressure goes Hey man, it's been a long time, this is the team, this is the one. And then and then you don't get it. But I will say this, I think we can all agree. I know we're gonna do our picks tomorrow, that we expect us to go out there and perform my best at home and beat the Green Bay Packers. Right, Yes, we expect them because I don't want it to seem like that's where it's like. I expect us to go out there and win.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I'm not impervious to the word pressure. I get it.
Speaker 2: I understand that at this level everyone is trying to get the same thing at the Lombardi Trophy. But I think the Cowboys should have that confidence. And I don't know if if I can have pressure on me, if I'm confident in what I have, I'm going on the field with bet I come in.
Speaker 4: I'm in here.
Speaker 2: With Danny Krag, I'm in here with Battery Church, I'm in here with new It ain't no pressure, dog, I'm gonna do my thing. I got my brothers with me, what part of pressure is that when we better than the guys were going against.
Speaker 4: Ain't no pressure in that.
Speaker 2: Now if you tell me three weeks from now, we're going against San Francisco, Hey, this is pressure.
Speaker 4: Packets the NFC Championship. You're going on the road.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, that's pressure because you're going up against a team that's beat you three times in a row. You haven't seen yourself beat them. But these guys may go dominate.
Speaker 6: That's that to me, that's a mindset, like what you're talking about, right, that's a mindset, and you got to make sure all fifty three players on that roster have that same mindset that we're gonna go out there and dominate.
Speaker 4: And we've seen in instances this.
Speaker 6: Year or in the playoffs last year, that all those guys have that same mindset, Like there's opportunities.
Speaker 4: We've seen it last year.
Speaker 2: Defense came out there, we're gonna shut down this San Francisco team. We got that swag about us, and that's what they were able to do. They shut down you know, party and those guys. But offensively, a couple turnovers here and there and the next thing you all went downhill.
Speaker 6: So I think that pressure starts to build when things aren't going your way basically, and I believe that if this team, you know, starts to struggle a little bit, they have those guys in place to where that pressure shouldn't you know, shouldn't like you just said, it shouldn't mount to anything because you have Dak at the quarterback, you have McCarthy at the coaching position. So when you say pressure, I believe, yes, there is some pressure on them, but they have the keys there to make sure that pressure doesn't overcome and knew either.
Speaker 2: Lastly, I just want to say, and the other thing that the Cowboys have in their favors, they have thirty five guys on their roster that have playoff experience.
Speaker 4: So I mean, with that.
Speaker 2: Experience also says to me that that takes some of the pressure off of.
Speaker 4: You because we've been here before.
Speaker 2: I mean, only one guy on the roster has a Super Bowl ring, I believe, but that I'm Gilly.
Speaker 4: Gilly is only guy.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying as far as playoff experience, you have thirty five guys on your team that's been here yep, and the coach that's been.
Speaker 3: To the top, which is where the expectation comes in and if with what has been built and the expectation from the owner, if this does not result in a win, people will not be happy next week. You win this week and you play next week. If that does not result in a win, people around here will not be happy because you all believe, all of us who've watched this team this year and seen what they built, because you guys are like man got it at home.
Speaker 5: If they don't win two games, what are we gonna say?
Speaker 4: We disappointment?
Speaker 3: The owner came out and said, I'm taking on the head coach. Will be game by game basis. Well, brother, you didn't throw the goblet down. You're to tell me you too young? Remember this, But you remember when Billy sat down there and told the kid that he had when when they was bringing out Afalodia six, I got three groups. I ain't got room for fault, but the kick ass them all, not else. That's basically what he told him. You got two games here, but the kick ass and go else.
Speaker 4: You just do a purple rain.
Speaker 2: Don't know, but I'm gonna say that if y'all, if you find.
Speaker 5: Yourself is a late minit, I know that.
Speaker 4: Phil the mind and listen. I'll say this.
Speaker 2: If you if you don't believe that up there in Buffalo, that there is pressure on Josh Allen in them to go out there and.
Speaker 4: Perform well against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 2: The lowly Pittsburgh with out tj Wie Mason Rudolph is your quarterback, Like, I think they are fake. All the good teams that are expected to make it a certain distance in the playoffs are facing pressure in the first round, especially if you're playing the team that you know you should be playing, that's playing without that they don't even decid they shouldn't even be here. They snuck in. But that puts more pressure on Josh Allen than them to go out there and perform how they should Because a letdown against Pittsburgh, it's gonna be the same conversations that we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Now. Can they do it? Can they make it over humped?
Speaker 2: Look at the season, they got a new they fired your office coordinator in the middle of season, got a new guy. Now you rolling and you go out there and you stinking up against Pittsburgh. No, no, like, so you know.
Speaker 5: Let's get break in here. I feel you, I feel you.
Speaker 3: They don't even cray I on fire, heck Ma Harrison on fire, Bury Church backing on fire and restruction. We have interesting news. Yes, talk about an injury here with the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about that next. Hopey's man Yoo. I'll start looking at the ticker.
Speaker 5: That's called the Teeth Dallas Cowboys Good.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the playmaker at get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vi P. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 5: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 2: I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you what's the That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool III or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Vernola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in the heart either, no eye in Blue Star Lone Star, for that matter, and there's no eye in how about them? Cowboys smear enough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing, an experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home are away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Back to the players loude.
Speaker 2: Checking out so Bert Sean Polite is your twenty twenty three Cowboy Fan of the Year, and now he needs your help. Vote for Sean to be given the ultimate title of NFL Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan by casting your vote at NFL dot com slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you very much, you Harrison, Getting.
Speaker 4: Ready for you. Questions are going. It's over.
Speaker 3: Cowboys hosting the Green Bay Packers three o'clock on Sunday.
Speaker 5: It will be sold out. They want a white out here.
Speaker 3: This players not brought to you by Tostito Church check Maharrisons, Danny Cray, I knew he scruggs. This from Packers beat writer Rob Demoski on X says Matt Lafleur, said JayR Alexander had quote kind of a freak deal. Yesterday someone stepped on someone's foot, enrolled an ankle.
Speaker 5: End quote, yesterday was a jog through the floor.
Speaker 3: Said, Alexander's considered day to day and they thought it was best if he did not go today.
Speaker 5: No word, if they're gonna make him a captain or not, I'm going on the field.
Speaker 2: That's a big injury though, That's a big time injured because that's the one guy in that secondary that I thought maybe had a chance to not shut seed lamb down, you know, by no such an imagination. But at least you don't make things hard for him out there because he's a good corner.
Speaker 6: He's a good corner in his own right. But with him, if he's not able to go, or even if he goes, you know, seventy five percent of what he is, I mean, that's that's a huge injury because now you may be forced to play zone strictly against his team, and we all know Dak Prescott he basically destroyed his zones out there, you know, especially with this offense that they're running. So that's a big time injury with Jaiir if he's not able to go, or even if he's.
Speaker 2: Able to go, you know, half half percent. It's not good news for Green Bay. But because they already have a problem in Ceedee Lamb, you know, like seventeen forty nine this year just put him all the way through the roof. As far as all the questions you had about CD, and Green Bay already had enough problems. So we talked about it yesterday. Are they gonna I feel like BC, they gonna double team. You have to too, You're right, and so I feel like they are not gonna die that death.
Speaker 4: They're not gonna.
Speaker 2: Look, you're gonna target him seventeen times and we're gonna leave Jayir out there on the island with them.
Speaker 4: Come on, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: So now that we get this news that he's hurt, I hope he's healthy and ready to go.
Speaker 4: I want the best, jaire ale them here.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear nothing, all right, But I'm just saying that this guy, Ceedee Lamb, this is this is his opportunity real quick.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me ask you a question, everybody, the same question.
Speaker 2: Why would you when you're trying to double team CD Lamb and he's lining up in the slot outside, wherever the case may be.
Speaker 6: Why do these teams try to double team them with a linebacker.
Speaker 2: Like you see him, Like, go have the corner right there pressing or playing off it, don't have like a linebacker trying to buzz underneath it.
Speaker 5: I just that makes no sense to me.
Speaker 2: If that guy's that skilled, you gotta put a corner in a like how they used to do Megatron back back when I play corner, the jam him play underneath, and.
Speaker 5: The safety right over top. Man this stuff, when you're.
Speaker 6: Trying to get linebackers underneath CD, it's just it's not gonna work.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna I think the way McCarthy moves him around actually like makes it a lot more difficult for them to get like to double them how they really want to. Because an ideal world, that's what you want. You want nickel and a corner or safety in the corner right. But then if he's motioning here or you think he's gonna line up over there and you got to defend the run. I think Mike McCarthy's done a really good job of being able to move him around and not allow you to then double him that way. Now sometimes earlier in the season, we saw him. They were catching him like that. You're like they taking them away. But I think I think now it's a little different. I think listen, I hope he's hopple. You know me, I'm the path of least resistance, okay, and nobody going back in the in the newspaper and seeing you know who was hurt when they played Hey man, hop alone out there all right and barbecue chicken all day, all right, pointing him. That's who I want because he not healthy. That's who I'm going. I mean, they do this, man, this is the league.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: If you go out there and you not one hundred percent, that's on you, right And and the quarterbacks and the coaches and the officer coordinators, they ain't gonna take it easier on you. They gonna say that guy ain't right. We going to him until they get it figured out so you.
Speaker 5: Don't have dig.
Speaker 2: Yeah now, yeah, so listen, Path the least Resistance. If San Francisco don't have to be on the schedule for us to play, I'll take that and go straight to the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 2: But that's a big loss for if it happens, that's a big loss for Green Bay.
Speaker 4: But you bring up a.
Speaker 2: Great point of how Mike has u CD this year and putting him in the slot and the way that CD has broken some of those you see Michael Irvans numbers go down. Nobody's kind of mentioned the fact that Mike was a true X, like he was outside, he was on a line of scrimmage. He didn't go in motion, he was You knew where he was going to be, and so it was easier to double team a guy like that. Jared Rice the same thing. Out of the ex Ceedee. Lamb has a special capability which sometimes I think last ten years ago, it would have been frowned on to be in the slot because most guys consider the number one receiver as an X. But the way that they move him around, and like you just said, he's a matchup nightmare because teams don't have they don't have the kind of personnel that we have that could go out there and play in the X and play down in the slot. So you have to at least bring a linebacker down. And you got to talk about how hard it is to take a cornerback and put him on the line of scrimmage like that. So I think he's a he's a nightmare as far as the matchups, the way that you see that their best guy is lining up inside and the one thing you don't want to do is allowed allowed to give him that much real estate.
Speaker 4: As a coordinator.
Speaker 6: We're going against Dallas, you understand this guy's get twenty some targets a game.
Speaker 4: Like, how do you not there's points to end the game last week?
Speaker 5: Even against Detroit where this guy is just.
Speaker 4: Butt nagging out there?
Speaker 5: Why open?
Speaker 4: Like if you're going you.
Speaker 2: What if you're going against this, if you're going against the squad, wouldn't you put all your resources on on on eighty eight?
Speaker 4: Ye, of course I wouldn't. I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't do it. You gotta make cooks. You gotta make Tobert Paulard trying to defeat you. Right, it's just but you just don't see it.
Speaker 4: It's just this.
Speaker 2: I think we talked about it yesterday too, Like why these teams who run the ball really well, then they go away.
Speaker 4: From the running the game like you like you averaging eight yard to carry and.
Speaker 2: Then you come out on the next drive and you throw about three times or you get eight yards on first down, and you throw it those second and third and then you you allow the team to get off the hook because you went away from what you're doing. Networks and teams do that to us all the time, and they we were talking about the National Championship, where shouldn't look like they were about to do that in the second and third quarter?
Speaker 4: Like, bro, you average nineteen yarlds.
Speaker 2: To carry throwing the ball, right, And I think that's the same thing of like, hey man, you already know this is the strength and this is working, and for some reason.
Speaker 4: Why do you go away?
Speaker 2: You go away from it and it doesn't work. You're running the ball.
Speaker 5: Book of killing.
Speaker 2: But this across the league though, like you see it all the time. You're like, get too great, it's too bored.
Speaker 5: You know, fourth and seventh, we're going for it, kicking the field goals.
Speaker 4: I thought Jayalen Ramsey was gonna play him like that.
Speaker 2: I was. I was shocked that that Jaylen you know travel, You know that he could travel. He could play it in the slide as well, but just a lot of teams don't have the personnel that can do that.
Speaker 6: He's not what he used to be coming back from injury.
Speaker 2: I thought it was gonna be Peters is playing safety. Buys get old. You know, he knew what he went to safety before. He Yeah, man, that's like it's the name bro. Yeah you did it so Jaylon Young he was out there with church now.
Speaker 3: You know so yeah yeah, but he's just I when I saw him, this this is not He's not that same guy as.
Speaker 4: Long as he gonna be looking like Richard Sherman Wood when he was out there.
Speaker 2: No, he came to color Tempah.
Speaker 4: They were busting the man. That was rough.
Speaker 2: You forget those years old stuff like Jerry and the Seahawks, Jersey braids, chicken a learned.
Speaker 4: Straight added the hare.
Speaker 2: Hey hey, hey, hey, we don't talk about those kind of things.
Speaker 4: Forget about hey. He like, hey, stopping about to go to water bottle, tried to latch all the time for one moment he couldn't couldn't keep up. That man was out there struggling up. That was tough. Damn. Jerry was like a while.
Speaker 2: Hang time and everything with men.
Speaker 4: Old school, come on, we don't know when to give up. Fore head back here.
Speaker 5: He's cleaned it up. Now he's cleaned it up.
Speaker 3: The great thing is, you know when you go see Jerry in the sidelines of again. Jerry talked to you.
Speaker 4: He will talk you don't talk.
Speaker 5: Come up to you.
Speaker 4: He's great. Come on talking about something. Mean to get some stuff on my.
Speaker 2: Newly struct perfect person that st foind out everybody. He's standing over to buy himself for a reason.
Speaker 4: Oh no, don't know, Jerry. Jame's a great player.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, we gotta take it a breaking head.
Speaker 5: Get ready for you read I knew.
Speaker 3: I got you by to do right here dat me.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers.
Speaker 4: And more.
Speaker 8: The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 10: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm Danny mccraig das Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 4: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 2: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a cool III or Ptayo bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie Bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Jack Black and right.
Speaker 7: Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 5: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 7: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 5: They snapper the press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 1: He escaped left.
Speaker 5: He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, I sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescot's gonna run us in sholf, run it up the middle and e stores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 1: Back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Enjoy premier dining, shopping and experiences from over twenty plus restaurant shops and more. At the Star District. Check out women's boutique Flee Style of Frisco and official boot partner of the Dallas Cowboys, lu Casey. Enjoy New Year's celebrations at Snowbird Cocktail Lounge, Concrete Cowboy and Cityworks Eatery. Visit the Star District dot com for more information and full directory beautiful mc maherson.
Speaker 5: Beautiful, beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Player lounge brought to you by Tostitos.
Speaker 3: Get plenty of tostedos this weekend as Dallas Cowboys hosts the Green Bay Packers in a white eyed at and T Stadium.
Speaker 5: Danni Y Barry Church return. I'm new he Scruggs.
Speaker 3: So the Cowboys have thirty five players, as you said, heck on this active roster with postseason experience, and thirty two of those players were on Dallas's playoff roster in twenty twenty two. Dante Fowler, DeMarcus Lawrence, Zach Martin, and Tyron Smith.
Speaker 5: Have the most postseason games with eight.
Speaker 3: This is a team that when they walk out there, they've been here.
Speaker 5: They have been here. So you got Green Bay on the other side, it's a lot of youngsters. They got a lot of.
Speaker 3: Youngsters over there. So this is going to be a contrast and a veteran team versus a young team here and a quarterback that cannot emphasize this enough, who's making his first play off start.
Speaker 5: And I said yesterday, I'll say it again. I picked the Cowboys to win. I gota do.
Speaker 3: The Dallas Morning News picks. I picked it and Win picked in the cover. There there there is no there is no option. It was Apollow thirteen. I don't know if you to watch that.
Speaker 2: To watch movie, you got to get some two thousands earlier. I've seen Apollo thirteen, but I was very young when it came with stay out of Space on the rocket ship.
Speaker 4: Trying to get home. Something with that.
Speaker 5: And they flowing away when you found it.
Speaker 4: I don't think Hollywood is trying to make that movie. You know they don't. Hero Tom Noah, I got you good.
Speaker 3: Anyway, They floating out there trying to get them home and they basically give up to make this contraption of stuff and like, you know, guys, we got to make this spin into that. And the dude said, failure is not an option, And to me, I feel like with this Cowboys team, you talk about all this experience I had, You're at home, You've been great at home this year, failure is not an option period.
Speaker 2: Hidden Figures that I heard of it I haven't seen, but that is a new movie. It is.
Speaker 4: I was just trying to have good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're trying to trying to fail like some hope fix.
Speaker 4: You know something like some hope fixing something like that, you know.
Speaker 3: Mister So, mister Wolf goes into the cowboys locker room, pretty please, pretty please.
Speaker 5: Clean up and win again?
Speaker 4: There go the wolves are You're sitting on the wolf. That's all.
Speaker 2: You had, something.
Speaker 5: To pack us up, like a royal which.
Speaker 2: Common ground the metric system, you smarty.
Speaker 4: That's what That's what we got going on. That's what we got going on.
Speaker 2: Thank you goodness, Grace Apollo thirteen Prince.
Speaker 4: We know this.
Speaker 5: Is Academy Award nominated.
Speaker 4: And that's okay.
Speaker 2: We don't know what you're trying to Dusty baking me earlier now he talking about priends.
Speaker 4: And I don't know what you're talking about. Damn dus shout up.
Speaker 5: You got to see Players Club?
Speaker 4: You got another reference for Players Club.
Speaker 5: I'm just asking. I'm trying to make sure something to make me happy.
Speaker 11: But you know, I come up like if I find something, if I say Players Club, Come on, God.
Speaker 5: The best thing about life was a soundtrack. Heck of a soundtracks.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: You can't you can't wait to see that Baby Hills new movie. The movie is coming on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm against.
Speaker 5: I'm against remakes. House Party to scarred.
Speaker 4: Me for life?
Speaker 2: Won't you give me? I don't know why you went to So you're talking about the new when they came out.
Speaker 3: I know now I'm not gonna watch you any damn fifty years old from these movies.
Speaker 5: I'm not watching They had a whole new cast. They still there though.
Speaker 2: The whole new cat was Lebron was in the DC to change it was the remix They changed it though.
Speaker 5: No, I'm good. I'm just not a big remake guy.
Speaker 3: It's hard to do remakes because usually, and this is why I found about, usually the writers are changed. And so like House Party, the people who wrote this thing were not the people that came up with the second one. So understanding the magic and the chemistry and what worked. Now we got new people in here trying to add their little thing, and they a lot of times it ends back.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You just can't walk out locker room.
Speaker 5: No, it doesn't work like a plane.
Speaker 4: When they get off the plane, they already gonna be down to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, off the plane, tasty kick coming, baby.
Speaker 4: Somebody wrote plane. Write down in your notebook.
Speaker 2: Get a notebook wherever you want.
Speaker 5: It's got Chris Ban he got my notebook twelve.
Speaker 4: Trust Chris either Man.
Speaker 2: He made the copy and brought that stuff in here, so he knew we tied to go out there and get it.
Speaker 4: Say, Chris Bean means all that doubt and everything you got.
Speaker 3: I was there, man, I was two times, two time.
Speaker 2: You just went through that whole list talking about thirty five flays with playoff experience and all this.
Speaker 4: We know so much win situation man.
Speaker 2: So you know we talked mind state, confidence, whatever you want to call it. That's I'm just not going for that scary energy, not going for it.
Speaker 4: The person's not scary. Some people embraced pressure.
Speaker 2: That does Yeah, you know, he don't put that shirt on because he knows, he knows what the goal is and it ain't it ain't this and that's a failure if you go out there and lose this game.
Speaker 3: He talked about being a privilege, which you know, and that's that's not a pressure is not a bad thing. And Nick Saban talked about it all the time when he was coaching, just like he wanted guys to feel uncomfortable in me standing.
Speaker 5: And he won lot one lot there. So I don't I don't think that's a problem. I don't think the pressure is a problem at all.
Speaker 3: I just went the owner, come out here, throw it on it. That's when I just don't understand it. It's like game, that's enough out there. Why he's throwing a log on the fire.
Speaker 2: So I need to get a thought from you on your guy, Okay, because you've been roll tied ever since I mentioned roll tide, this road tide that one.
Speaker 4: Are you still roll tiede? Okay?
Speaker 3: The only time I wasn't roll tiede is when they hired Mike Shuler and refused to hire Sylvester Krum because ad won it.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you roll tied? Nick Saban is done? Yes?
Speaker 2: Whatever? Oh yes he done? Not going to know you ain't done? Yeah? Just what coaching? Not football though you think he'll be a consultant on the staff or something like that. Great media guy he has been working on the college game. They think he had come on there. He actually he does really well. It's a great and great personality and sense of humor. He's just he's just viewed as a guy that doesn't have a sense of humor. But he's We should have known he was about to be done when he started doing commercials with them, we should have known it because you didn't see Nick Saban as that type of guy to be on to be funny on the commercial and doing all that stuff.
Speaker 3: And you know there is at some point in time college football has to change and just admit to their business and they need to have that commissioner. And I think Nick Saban would be an excellent commissioner, somebody who could understand what coaches and administrators need to try and make college football what it has to become. In my opinion, it has to break away from the NCAA. They got to set this thing up differently and and pair this thing down a little bit and just say, hey, these other teams are going to be competing, and figure out how they distribute money and and basically pay the players and whatever union or whatever they want to set up to make it like basically a mini National Football League because pro sports is this is what college football is now. And so I think if you were going to have someone that people would trust, I think Nick Saban could be that guy.
Speaker 5: But they need somebody to run it.
Speaker 3: Because what they have right now, they clearly it's the Wild West and everybody's mad about it. So to me, I think Nick Saban can stay in college football in some some form or fashion.
Speaker 4: That way.
Speaker 2: You were talking about Mike McDaniel's yesterday and talking about him as a coach, and it's so weird how we lose Belichick and Saban in the same day. And those are two coaches that kind of come from the same guard coach together. You know, they have the same DNA and the responses that they've been able to get from their teams in college and in pros I think it speaks vogumes about who they are as coaches. But man, I think the times has passed them. I think Nick saw that even though he had a successful year, Man went to the playoffs and it's just I think I think the nil I think a lot of things just started to happen, and I think Nick was like, man, I don't have the same money that Texas got Texas and they coming to the SEC and I know what's about to happen.
Speaker 4: Let me get my stuff and get up out of here.
Speaker 3: It just came out today and just said the day to day grinders is too much for him now.
Speaker 5: And that comes back to we talking about the business aspect.
Speaker 4: Of it.
Speaker 3: I mean you now have to have a general manager who oversee, Okay, who's got the nil? Do I deal with the collective? What are these guys getting here? Who's in the portal? Figure who's in the portal, who's going in, who's coming out?
Speaker 5: Who do we take?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's a lot. And then you got the two signing periods. I mean, when you guys came.
Speaker 4: Out, it was one day.
Speaker 5: It was February.
Speaker 3: Now when we got December, we got February, and so it's changed. And now I mean what the conferences jent the PAC twelve blew up all.
Speaker 4: It's just crazy.
Speaker 5: It's a whole different kind of game.
Speaker 2: And we got noce no divisions anymore in the SEC.
Speaker 6: Just be Power five like Mac and all those you know, the kind of subdivision.
Speaker 2: If you do that, you're gonna find a team that's gonna disrupt all of that as soon as they as soon as they put one of those together, you have a Cincinnati. You'll have You'll just have a team that'll come through and be disruptive to everything.
Speaker 5: But yes, I mean, I.
Speaker 3: As a guy who grew up when Bear Bryant was coaching and all the times that we spent in Alabama because my parents were from Birmingham, so Tom Landry and Bear Bryant, those were the coaches I knew for college and pro. And when they left as a fan, you were just, man, if they could just win one in my lifetime, I'd be cool. So Jeene Stallings wins that game against Alabama, win national championship, like okay, and then they wandered the desert after that, messing up, just messing it up. Saban got there and I didn't know at the time, but I got to cover Nick his last year of Cleveland before went to Michigan State, and they brought him.
Speaker 5: I was like, hey, man, if he could win one like he did LSU, that'd be great.
Speaker 3: You never expected anything like this, And I feel sorry for whoever takes hope for because these folks gonna be crazy the way you see. L A fans were crazy when John wouldn't it won ten national championships, seven in a row, and the dude who took over for the final four that year, like, do you lost?
Speaker 4: Come on the back rue jumping right now? Crazy.
Speaker 3: You saw she was saying this when that dow on Twitter. Check you how many scholarships. You guys had.
Speaker 2: They shipping guys out bringing them up as we speak, Louis okay, don't have his day. Were trying to go to the soul boat next year. I know one thing, l U L s U. We were shout out the nicksagble. But that's one guy we ain't got to worry about seeing again. And I'm not upset about it.
Speaker 4: A different motive, you got a different money.
Speaker 2: He was like, I'm two and two, I'm twos out of the bell.
Speaker 5: Is he in the L. S U Hall fame?
Speaker 4: I ain't seen him up there, but he will be. He will be for.
Speaker 3: Sure, because I mean, for me, when I think of what he did there, just growing up, it was it was two schools in the SEC. He always kind of said heself, if they figure it out, it's trouble.
Speaker 5: For Alabama, Florida and L.
Speaker 4: S U.
Speaker 5: They couldn't get it right for a long time. And when Saban got there, shut it because L.
Speaker 3: S U at that time, I was you see Marshall fall from New Orleans gone, Peyton Man from New Orleans, Nick kme Man.
Speaker 5: They put a fence up there. We're gonna keep everybody in state and and you.
Speaker 3: Know we're gonna play them quarterbacks that y'all unnecessarily think you want.
Speaker 5: Changed it and set the set the program up to.
Speaker 3: The less Miles and Ed o'jeron were able to win national championships. So I didn't wonder was he was he there because just what he did was unlocked what so many people had always felt could be done in L s U. And now it's now it's there, there's the belief and they know there's that expect like we could win national championship.
Speaker 4: When did he start winning Natties?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like when I was in college, it was Florida, you know, with t V three water spears with Alabama nine because they were remember Alabama being like that until when I was in college. He wasn't the head coach there until two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: Seven seven, I want to say seven, because they wanted O nine. They beat Texas for a second one, I want to.
Speaker 2: Say, So my first year he wasn't there, so maybe my last year year because it was Florida, it was US and then it was Florida. Then we got in there for one year and then Florida and then uh they beat the Arbor one of them because Cameron was there too.
Speaker 3: The second one there and then and then Texas. So you know that, you know the saving the Texas story, right.
Speaker 5: So the story was.
Speaker 3: Tom Hicks, who used to own the Rangers and the Stars, had got Terry Saban and was convincing her bring Nick here.
Speaker 5: She went out. They went to Austin, got Nick ready to go.
Speaker 3: They ready to take Nick from from Alabama to Texas because they felt like man and they didn't appreciate us anohing now showing us to love. And so it was, hey, Mac, you go ahead call it a day, retire, and we're gonna bring saving in it.
Speaker 5: That was that was there. Chip Brown wrote about.
Speaker 3: It recently on on on Orange Bloods Doctor wherever he's at. And then Mat wouldn't go along with it, and then he got us lawyer Joe Jamail, and they were like, nah, were shutting this all down. But this thing could have been Nick Saban at Texas and sound.
Speaker 5: And well, I mean, could you easy the Big Twelve would have been.
Speaker 2: Sounds better that they gave us a lot of more, a lot better matchups with Florida and Georgia, and but could.
Speaker 5: Have, but the Texas tried.
Speaker 3: They tried to go get Nick Saban and they thought they had it lined up, and then it didn't work, and then saving it went out and signed the extension and Mack Brown got to stay a couple more years, and and then that thing right right down in the gutter.
Speaker 4: But you don't have meeting master today, do you.
Speaker 5: Go do media mash coming up next, So you're.
Speaker 4: Trying to make it. We're gonna stay until media manag We're done.
Speaker 5: We've done very very much.
Speaker 4: Had to dance, guys, burn searchs over the air. You knew.
Speaker 5: New scrugs.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club