Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to Bachler Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: I'm Joe and I'm Serena, and we are.
Speaker 1: Back with the first recap of the first episode of grand season of The Bachelor. And it's really nice to be back recapping The Bachelor because to me, it's the best show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like we love our between season time. It's a nice refresh for us. We get to do some holiday episodes. It's always fun. But getting back into the routine of getting to watch an episode every single week, getting to recap a get to interview someone, it's just nice.
Speaker 2: And I love The Bachelor.
Speaker 3: Out of all of the shows, you know, Golden Regular, Bachelor, Regular, Bachelorette, I think I get the most excited for The Bachelor.
Speaker 2: It's also been a great time.
Speaker 3: It's like seasonally terrible out and you know, I'm always ready for like a new show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And their energy is like I feel like all the women their energy is like really high on night one. So yeah, it's it goes well with the depression of the beginning of the season and the cold weather and it's like, all right, we're back, it's new year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's like glamorous. They're in La it's warm, you know, it's nice.
Speaker 2: I also think I just fully lost my train of thoughts.
Speaker 3: Sorry, nice, a few road bumps, guys, getting back into it.
Speaker 2: Apology is apologies. Oh, I know what I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: On The Bachelor, the women come in so like vibrant and excited, and they're not afraid to like exude that emotion of what the excitement, why it's exciting, and how exciting it is to be there on night one of the show, whereas the men just don't come in with that same level of enthusiasm. I feel like they always come in a little timid, a little cautious, like what have I gotten myself into?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think the Bachelor's are better, is better. It's a better show than The Bachelor at personally, But I will say, like, what do you what would you rather watch? What do you think is a better first episode? The first episode of The Bachelor or the first episode of Bachelor in Paradise.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so hard.
Speaker 1: I mean we're a little biased because that's kind of where we met and that's the only show that I've actually been on. But I will say the first episode of Bachelor in Paradise is pretty hard to beat because there's many and women.
Speaker 2: It's very hard to beat.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, it's very hard to beat because there's so much more unpredictability in the first episode of Paradise than in The Bachelor. You know, like the Bachelor has a very traditional, consistent structure. There's gonna be a few surprises, but for the most part, it's like familiar and it's comfortable, and it's exciting for that reason, like you know kind of what you're going to get. But Paradise, every single episode, first episode of every Paradise season is gonna be like pretty different because it's just different people.
Speaker 2: And it's also like cast members.
Speaker 3: That you already know and are familiar with and excited to see again, versus there's like a learning curve on The Bachelor of like getting to know these people other than the lead.
Speaker 1: And I would say about Paradise is they are taking these like year breaks where then you get excited to Like watching this first episode of The Bachelor, I was like, Oh, the Paradise is actually gonna be exciting this year. There's a lot of people now that they could pull from, So I'm curious to see because there's a lot of girls from the season, and I was like, well, this person will be really good in Paradise. But it's only episode one. We don't know who Grant's gonna pick. We don't know who's the next Bachelorette's gonna be, even though.
Speaker 2: Personally we have a whole Bachelor season before Paradise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and personally, I'm already seeing what I believe is a bachelorette edit for someone I mint early.
Speaker 3: There's definitely one girl that she got a lot of screen time. There's definitely an it feels like it's going towards maybe a bachelorette moment.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Do we want to call it out already? It feels kind of early.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about it mid we'll get into it, okay. Uh. First up, we have Grant's intro package.
Speaker 3: Yep, for those of you who maybe missed it, Grant's from Houston, Texas.
Speaker 2: He's thirty years old.
Speaker 1: He was getting emotional a little bit when he was talking about wanting to find this person.
Speaker 2: He really strikes me.
Speaker 3: Maybe we say this for every Bachelor, but I don't actually feel this about every Bachelor. But I do feel this about Grant. I feel like he's really ready and he genuinely is like on the hunt for a wife, you know what I mean. I feel like some bachelors, it's like I see a long.
Speaker 2: Engagement in their future, you know, like.
Speaker 3: I see a couple moves, a couple trips, a couple things before we actually like walk down the aisle. I feel like Grant is like, no, I want to start this next chapter of my life.
Speaker 1: I I'm not saying he's not ready by any means. I don't know him that well. Yeah, I will say this. I think he wants to be ready. Yeah, I don't think that necessarily means that he is. And I think that's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be We're gonna learn more about if he actually is or not as the season goes on. Yeah, And I think a lot of people come into this show like I'm ready, and then when push comes to shove, it's like, but are you and they're like.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm not.
Speaker 3: We see him chat with his mom, his sister, his dad, he gives his first rose to his grandma.
Speaker 1: We meet, we meet his whole family. I like the intro package. I find it to be very necessary, like I already know more about Grant than I did from GEN season just in life are you? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what I think we see?
Speaker 3: I felt like it was more just like a refresher of what we already knew about him.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I think we see a more. I think the show does a good job of showcasing his vulnerability. I think you see that in the intro package where I don't necessarily think you see you like with Grant, Grant with somebody when they picked him to be the bachelor. In my head him like it makes sense because he's a handsome guy, and I could see a lot of women being into Grant. So that's that's good enough, like to.
Speaker 2: So low.
Speaker 1: I think that's kind of good enough to be the bachelor. But I don't necessarily know if I saw that. Also, I don't know. I mean Gen Sees was a while ago, but just maybe it is just a refresher. But I already am like, Okay, Grant now to me is the bachelor. Where when he got announced as the bachelor, Joey was still the bachelor. Now it's Grant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get that.
Speaker 3: I also think he didn't make it to hometowns on GEN season.
Speaker 2: The relationship was definitely.
Speaker 1: We don't meet his family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't meet his family.
Speaker 3: His family is gorgeous, very attractive, beautiful family, and just seeing him engage with them, I think you learn more about him, you feel closer to him.
Speaker 2: It definitely the intro package.
Speaker 3: I think on every season for the lead does a great job of setting the tone for like, this is your bachelor, this is your boucherette, this is who they are, this is their story, and you know, let's let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. So we roll up to the mansion. Grants a little nervous. He's doing like a little moonwalk with Jesse, trying to just feel a little more comfortable.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is so good with the leads. He really is. Like his ability to.
Speaker 3: Just converse with them and come he has a comforting presence, Like I feel relaxed when he's on screen.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's all gonna be okay. And I'm not even the lead.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's easy year for Jesse because Jesse was the lead at one point, so like he I think he really just knows, like he's connects with them and knows how they feel, especially someone like Grant who's an ex athlete and so was Jesse, So he's probably like really able to connect and be like, yeah, I know how you feel. You just got to loosen up because yeah, you're a nervous wreck right now, but you're gonna be fine.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: And I also think Jesse, like in the last few years, got married. He just had a little girl. Like it's like, come with me to the other side, Like you could be me in a few years, Like you could have all this, but you're not the hosting gig just you know life.
Speaker 1: Wow, Well, come with me to the other side. I don't know if I got all that, but I like it. I'm with you on it. Okay. So first we have first out of the limo is Rose.
Speaker 3: Yes, and honestly from the headshots, I wouldn't have predicted her to be the first.
Speaker 2: Out of the limo.
Speaker 3: I know her first name is Rose, so like maybe that was a dead giveaway, but she didn't really pop to me when we did our headshot like bios.
Speaker 2: But she really shined in this episode. Yeah, she's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really liked her. I was like, oh, wow, I like this girl. We didn't really talk about this girl and grant that we only get so much when we do, like the bios and the head shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't know.
Speaker 1: There's always gonna be people that we miss, and she's one of the people that I feel like we miss because she was captivating, very likable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very confident, relaxed.
Speaker 1: She also looks really familiar, like she's from Chicago, and I feel like I definitely have seen her before. You know, I said, I saw Jordan from jone season, and I was like, I know.
Speaker 2: I yeah, And you were right, So maybe you're right about her too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you said, You're like, I feel like I've seen her, like at a bar that we go to a lot and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, she looks really really really familiar.
Speaker 3: Chicago is like a shockingly small town for you, Like I feel like you are one degree of separation from every other person that lives there.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you always.
Speaker 3: Say that, but you just know you A, you have a you cast a wide net. You know a lot of people. I think a just because you have a massive family and also a big friend group, so it's like like a lot of people are accessible to you. And you've had like three different lives living in that city, so you have like random connections from like every like you have like buddies in the produce market, and then also like people from The Bachelor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. The more this show goes on, I'm like, the longer I do this podcast, like I I.
Speaker 2: Like, do I know everyone in Chicago truly? All Right?
Speaker 3: So Rose was a strong start getting back to the cast and the community of Chicago.
Speaker 1: And we've come to the realization that I know everyone in the Chicago Land area.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: So next we have Letia. She has an intro package. We learn about the fact that she is Mormon. Her dad passed away in a car wreck when she was three months old.
Speaker 1: Very sad, I would right.
Speaker 3: She she popped for us on the headshots. We predicted that she was gonna go far, and I stand by that she is.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because there's sometimes we get completely people completely wrong. In the head shots.
Speaker 2: We usually always pick like one night, one.
Speaker 1: Girl, and Letia is exactly what, exactly what I thought she.
Speaker 2: Was, Yeah, exactly. We couldn't have been more bang on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and I and I and I stand by what I said. I think I think, you know, she very confident, and I just I see her being there. I see her being there for a while. She's not somebody that like I always She didn't make out with Grant in this episode.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we'll get to.
Speaker 3: I have little kiss emojis next to all of their names. Yeah, let's just kind of jump through some more of the entrance.
Speaker 1: I wrote down the women that I thought stood out out of the limo.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, let's go through some of them.
Speaker 1: So Carolina is another one.
Speaker 3: I have her next two insane dress, very very unique dress, which I always love to see speak Spanish from Puerto Rico. I feel like you and you said this, and I agree with you. She has like a similar air and energy that Maria.
Speaker 2: From Joey season did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we all know Maria has like this natural star quality. She like shines on television, and I feel like Carolina has that quality or is like presenting that way as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alicia, she really popped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she did the Genie and a Ball entrance I thought was really cute.
Speaker 1: She really popped, and she was somebody that didn't really Yeah, the bio headshot. We didn't. I don't think we really talked about her too much.
Speaker 2: No, we did, and I think we like she's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Really pretty and just really really calm energy up there. Like I was like, Okay, this girl's she's good. Yes, she's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Grant actually seemed more nervous than most of the women did, which I feel like is so rarely the case. I feel like the lead usually seems nervous, but the women or the guys coming out a limos seems so nervous.
Speaker 2: This group of women was very confident.
Speaker 1: Well, they're all they're all around the ages of like, they're like between the twenty seven and thirty mark. I would say the majority of.
Speaker 2: Them, yeah, if not like a few of them are like older too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think we have just I think we're skewing on four Grant women above the age of twenty seven. Yeah, Joey's season, there was definitely girls that were I would say we probably skewed under twenty seven.
Speaker 2: I'd say he was skewed under twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am biased because I went on the show at twenty two. I got engaged to you at twenty three, right, which is young. I'm not trying to say I wasn't super young. I was younger than I was the youngest person on Our Seas Paradise, but I think because of that. I my personal bias is like there's no difference, you know, like just because they're young, doesn't mean that they are like, you know, less secure or less ready or less confident.
Speaker 2: And I think that this season might be proving me wrong in that assumption.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying like every girl under the age of twenty five, but like, there definitely is an energy difference, and just specifically and like the self assurance in these women and the way that they carry themselves does feel really different than what we see in younger casts.
Speaker 2: For sure, do you agree?
Speaker 3: I agree, but it's also to feel that way, but I yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you always fight that, but there's also like, like, yeah, you at you are a very mature twenty three year old. And like I compare myself when I first went on Becas season and I was thirty, I was very immature. Like there's no even on Becca's season that like I was ready, Like if I would have lasted on Becas season, there's just no way I was ready to get married. Yeah, like so and I was thirty. Yeah, so I do think. I do think it's always you know, it's the person, but like what we are just seeing a lot of women on the season that are twenty eight to twenty nine who are just very confident and just seem very mature, and it seemed like they, at least off of the first episode, it seems like they all know what they want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're seeing less of this like and I actually like I like this too for a different reason, but like we're seeing less of the like silly, giddy, giggly, nervous energy that we get maybe more so with a younger cast and more of this, Like it just seems it seems like they'll so be drama. But like the women just seem more confident coming out of the Wimo Limo more the Wimo, more commanding, more self assured, which I think is great. I think it's it's nice to have a tone change for every season. I think after Jen's season with you know, we had a younger cast and a lot of a lot of craziness and a lot of maturity, this will be a good shift.
Speaker 1: We'll see though you never know.
Speaker 2: I think they're still going to be chaotic.
Speaker 1: Alex Alex with the Lama.
Speaker 2: No drama.
Speaker 4: Lama, she's so random, it was a random entrance.
Speaker 1: She's she's really pretty and I just.
Speaker 3: I was like, she has a quirky personality that could sell something like that, Like she fully committed to the bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that could have went really bad, Like it was kind of going a little rough.
Speaker 2: The whole time.
Speaker 3: I was on the edge of my seat of like, all right, is she going to stick the landing? Where's this going? How's he going to take this? And then when she walked in the house, I was like, Okay, no, she she pulled it off.
Speaker 1: She made it work, and that I think that's a good sign.
Speaker 3: Okay, but for now, I think we can move on from Alex. We do have her coming on as our first interview of the season this week, so be sure to stay tuned for that episode and check it out. We're going to talk about all things no drama, Lama, and first impression Roses.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm excited to talk to her because I like to figure out who she is.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, she's Canadian. Gout any other quick limo entrance standouts?
Speaker 1: I thought Juliana. I thought she she really stood out.
Speaker 2: They also played like romantic music when she came out of the limo.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's the one, He's the one. In my opinion, where if she doesn't end up with Grant, she can. I'm getting an early sense of potential bachelorette from her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's the one that Joe and I were kind of like something about this is giving, like she goes far. But I don't know if I see her being the one to end up with Grant.
Speaker 2: I see her more as being the next bachelorette.
Speaker 1: I think it's too soon to tell. Yeah, but I mean he seemed to have Honestly.
Speaker 2: He says a lot of connection.
Speaker 1: He seemed to have a lot of connections. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What do you think of Bailey's entrance with the social media photos and her being like can you take the photos of me?
Speaker 1: I thought it was I thought it was a good break. I thought it was fun. I thought she had like young, fun energy. I could see that rubbing a lot of people, like a lot of viewers the wrong way of like she wanted him to take photos of her, Like what is like? I could see that, Like I could She's done. I was actually very surprised that she got the first conversation with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: I didn't know because it didn't really seem like he was super into her intro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know how to read her intro. I was like, this is a risky play I could go I feel like. I was like, I feel like I need to get to know more about her to judge the intro. But then she did that really cute little like wigbit with him, and I was like, Okay, it works.
Speaker 2: It works. Like she's very silly, she's very playful.
Speaker 3: That's like, if that's the place that it's all coming from, Like, I'm totally with it.
Speaker 1: I think she's very likable. I like her, and I think she brings a good energy to the show. And I do feel like from what we saw, we have a lot of similar personalities where she's an outlier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a little bit. She's a little bit more goofy than some of the girls we've seen, which I like. The only other two I wrote down. I mean, we skipped over a few, but we can circle back to them later. I thought the Big Head was kind of funny of an entrance who Sarah Fina she like to cut out, which I.
Speaker 2: Thought was kind of cute.
Speaker 1: I actually thought she was one She was one of the what I put on her on my notes, but she was one of the women that I thought came across very well. She shined a little bit during this episode.
Speaker 3: And then Zoe is in your top four predictions from the headshots, and she did the T shirt done, which I liked only because it was just really creative, Like it was a bit entrance and I would literally never think about doing something like that in a million years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Zoe, I don't. I think grants into her and I think it all makes sense. I don't know how she's gonna vibe with the other women because it seems like they're like she could be someone that's she's.
Speaker 2: Got more of like an edgier personality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's not as warm as maybe some of the other girls.
Speaker 2: Come across really quick.
Speaker 3: We have to talk about taylor grand sister making a cameo appearance.
Speaker 2: This kind of.
Speaker 3: Feels like a different version or a callback to Charity's brother coming and being the bartender.
Speaker 1: We love adding siblings into the show these days.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 1: And also I also watch I was like, think all the women talked about how pretty she was. She's beautiful, yeah, but like thankfully they weren't like, who's this ugly bitch?
Speaker 3: I think if the show thought people would respond that way. There's a good chance they wouldn't have done this.
Speaker 1: But I liked seeing his sister there, I thought, and you've seen him like smile, I thought. And it was a good way to like shake up the girls a little bit. You saw immediately get jealous, like immediately immediately was freaking out. Yeah, immediately, like this is our territory, we are the women. Don't add any more women.
Speaker 2: Out there, which is so funny because like they've only been.
Speaker 4: There for a few hours, They've been there for five minutes all the like it's when when you pop a girl in episode six, even like three, okay, even three, I get it.
Speaker 1: Night one like chill out like they should. If I were the producers, I would have watched the women's reaction to that and think, Okay.
Speaker 3: We got to get some new cast members in midway because these girls are going to freak out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next season, let's let's drop some people. Night two.
Speaker 2: Well they did that on my season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it went really terribly, but like you know, as you would expect having watched how these girls reacted after seeing a girl come in like three hours late, I don't even think.
Speaker 1: I don't even think wait till I think, do it all in the same night, but maybe do.
Speaker 2: The late get an early shift and then you get a late shift.
Speaker 3: Honestly, this didn't really this didn't really work for me, the sister thing. But I think it's one of those things that like if you're a woman there and you don't know it's his sister, it definitely is a fun and emotional twist. But as a viewer, because we'd already met her in the package and they weren't showing the face, I immediately knew it was her, Like I immediately put was like put tune together.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, it's the sister. It's obviously the sister.
Speaker 3: So it just didn't really it didn't hit for me in terms of like anticipatory twist, you know. I think it was more for the contestants reaction.
Speaker 1: I wanted.
Speaker 3: I wanted it to be an ex an ex is Ah, there's never ever a time I don't want to see an X show up on this show.
Speaker 2: Like it's one of the more exciting things that happened. But I thought it was cute.
Speaker 3: She did a little like presentation on her brother and like the sibling bond, and we love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's great.
Speaker 2: Do you think that Taylor should go on Paradise or like on another season.
Speaker 1: Oh, wait, is she single?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm assuming so.
Speaker 1: I mean if she's single. No, I don't think she should go on Paradise. I don't think you just get to jump into Paradise.
Speaker 3: But you don't think we should start opening Paradise up to siblings. No, I think they did it, didn't Ashley. I bring your sister down one year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't think her I think her sister was there more like a Oh. I thought she was more like there as like a what is it a pet sport?
Speaker 2: An emotional support Lauren?
Speaker 3: Lauren was Ashley's emotional support.
Speaker 1: I did, Okay, maybe.
Speaker 2: It was a little bit of both.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think. I don't think we should start throwing siblings into like a space like Paradise. I think I think I think grandsisters seem wonderful. And I think she could definitely get cast on the next season of the Bachelor if she wanted to go on it and she was single. That makes total sense to me. I think if if nobody from Grant season is good enough to be the lead, maybe, but just to throw her in Paradise, I think is not the move.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: I personally think a going on the show there's a learning curve, and to throw someone into Paradise that's never been on the show whenever other person's been on the show, it puts them at a slight disadvantage. I also would rather see them pluck someone that went home night one.
Speaker 2: Or week two that was great.
Speaker 3: I would rather see that person get a second chance than a sibling who's never been on the show. And I just think that being on the Bachelor the Bacherette, other than you know, obviously there's always like an exception to the role. But I think traditionally I like that being a pre it to be on Paradise.
Speaker 1: And I think Grand's sister would be at a little bit of a disadvantage in a place like Paradise because a lot of the guys down there are Grant's friends friends, and they may feel inappropriate to go for his or his sister. Yeah, so like, but I mean, majority of the times they'll still do it, But I can see that being a little bit of an issue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would rather see if we're talking just siblings in general and specifically Taylor, I would rather see her as a contestant on The Bachelor than get a free ticket to Paradise. I'd rather they pluck one of the girls that went home night one on Grant season and give them a second chance.
Speaker 1: When was the last time have they ever done that? Where they were a sibling got cast on a following season.
Speaker 2: Of Bachelor Bachelorette.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure we've seen siblings on the show, have we not? Carly Woodell who ended up with Evan Bass on Paradise.
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh her, Oh, her name's Carly.
Speaker 2: Her name is Carly, Carly, Carly and Evan.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh wow, Carl.
Speaker 2: Woodell's a sibling of an ex contestant.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they haven't done it in a while.
Speaker 2: I haven't done it in a long time.
Speaker 1: They haven't done it in a while.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Aaron Erb, Aaron, Aaron, Aaron RB.
Speaker 2: We had Noah Herb and Aaron RB.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we've had a few contestant sibling situations.
Speaker 2: Maybe not a lean.
Speaker 1: Sibling, Yeah, but I don't think Aaron. Even Aaron wasn't on the show at all for Noah's seasons.
Speaker 3: No, one didn't make it to hometown. Yeah, but we should get some more siblings on.
Speaker 2: That's fun. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: We're doing parents on Golden Let's let's span it out to the siblings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or get some yeah, or you could even take some of the children of the Golden people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's put some kids. Let's make this super ancestual.
Speaker 3: All not accessible literally, but like, let's keep it in the family.
Speaker 2: Let's keep recasting.
Speaker 1: Right, that's getting crazy. My favorite part of the episode, why are you smiling?
Speaker 3: Well, no, I know what you're going to say. I thought you were going to be talking about Grant speech, And I was like, what did he say in his speech?
Speaker 2: But I know where you're going with this.
Speaker 1: Was the yeah Grant speech. Then all the women go in the house, Grant gives a speech that was.
Speaker 2: All what do you think of his speech?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I liked it. I thought he did a good job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was was just like, hey, I'm here.
Speaker 2: I want someone to rank like best Night one speeches.
Speaker 1: Well, there's never going to be a lead that gets up there, like all right, I don't know likely. I want to see if that come up and just be I don't know if I'm ready, but like I'm attracted to a bunch of so badly, So let's see how this goes.
Speaker 2: No, his speech is great.
Speaker 1: The cat girl Parisa with the PowerPoint presentation was quite funny.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was so funny. I was dying, mostly just because like.
Speaker 3: Grant and her were on totally separate pages about what was happening, and like she was obviously doing a bit, and I think he was like trying to figure out what was going on.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just really enjoyed it. I thought it was like both like hilarious and awkward.
Speaker 1: His reaction and I loved what he said. I was amazed that you really did that, and then we just ended the end. Then we ended the scene. Yeah, I was like, that was really that was really funny. And as the episode goes on, we're definitely seeing more of Grant's personality.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think his personality is coming out more and more. Shall I read off the names of the girls he kissed, which is basically everyone.
Speaker 1: Well read off the names of the girls he kissed, because I do think besides just kissing them, there was certain girls that I thought he had a really good connection with and he seemed to be really.
Speaker 3: Into he did, but unfortunately for him, and the girls. That's like a lot of them, you know what I mean. Like, I think he has a connection with a lot of people. I think he gets along with.
Speaker 1: I think there was like six there was like six girls that I was like, Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I guess, but six is a lot because that's only from what we saw. For all we know there's like a couple of sleepers in there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like usually after night one, you're like, Okay, he likes like these two or three girls.
Speaker 1: See. I think it's way I think it's I think it's way more likely for him to be where he is, and it's I think it's more enjoyable as a viewer.
Speaker 2: I think it's more enjoyable too. I prefer it.
Speaker 3: I just think it results in a messier season because he's just like such a sweetie lover boy.
Speaker 1: Great okay who okay?
Speaker 2: One Alicia Who.
Speaker 1: I think he really likes.
Speaker 2: I think he really likes her. I really like her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, great interviews, very beautiful, very sweet.
Speaker 2: Uh, Juliana same, I.
Speaker 1: Think he really likes her. Actually, yeah, I think he really liked he did.
Speaker 3: He wrote I wrote down Actually he said to her he said, I've definitely got my eyes on you though. I like your personality and you're beautiful. He's very direct and like clear and concise with his intentions and his compliments towards the women, which I love.
Speaker 1: And midway through their conversation, we cut to a package of Juliana's like family and like their Italian family, and they seem like, yeah, car karaoke karaoke in the car.
Speaker 2: Or yeah Carl karaoke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my god, you really went for it with like no information or certainty about what you were saying.
Speaker 1: About.
Speaker 3: He didn't kiss Carolina, but he basically send his interview. He wanted to kiss her, but he felt like she wanted to take things slow, so he didn't, but like basically expressed like he would have, and she.
Speaker 1: Was getting emotional talking about her family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they made out.
Speaker 3: She made a joke about like where's the CARSI going in the Ferrari, which I thought was kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Alex, Yeah, kiss he kisses there.
Speaker 1: So Alex Lama entrance compared to all the other entrances, I was like, she's gonna be there, She's she's she's gonna stick around. But I didn't assume that she would get. The first impression rose from what I saw.
Speaker 2: From the conversation of like the French Lessons, but no.
Speaker 1: Once they had a conversation, and that was one of the first times I saw Grant really relaxed.
Speaker 2: Well you did say that, you did say that?
Speaker 1: He Yeah. I was like, okay, this he he is.
Speaker 2: Well, she's such a big personality.
Speaker 3: She's obviously gonna make an impression coming out of the limo because she's so vibrant. And then I feel like, because she's a yapper. He was like, this is nice, Like she can kind of carry this. I can just enjoy myself. And it was a good they have a good like personality matchup, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's one of the first like true signs is when you see the lead relax, relax, I agree and feel comfortable. And that was the first I've seen him all night with her.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: Vicky, he kissed, she did little like bottle service bit. Zoe he kissed, which we talked about earlier. She did the T shirt gun.
Speaker 1: So I'm pretty sure I think I from my top four, I'm pretty sure I said Zoe's gonna be who he ends.
Speaker 2: Up with you did you did?
Speaker 1: And I actually still stand by I actually I still stand by.
Speaker 2: That she might. Yeah, and then Rose he kissed. She did the ghost.
Speaker 3: Moment with the clay where they made each other like clay rings. Those are all the kisses that I have recorded. I wouldn't be surprised if there was more that we didn't.
Speaker 2: Get to see. I'm not against a lot of Night one makeouts.
Speaker 3: I just want to be clear, like, this list isn't meant for judgment, It's just meant for data.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Rad's gonna have a really tough time when we get into the later rounds of the season.
Speaker 3: He's going to have a lot of overly confident, very jealous women very early on if he keeps this up.
Speaker 1: You said that to me when we were watching the episode. The way he's speaking to the women is making them feel very confident in their relationship with him already, and that's going to be an issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's not holding any cards close to his chest, and he likes a lot of them, which I get because it's a really great cast. I think we have a lot of great contenders for Paradise from this cast, and I'm excited for the season, but like it's easier on him, I think, and the women if he likes less of them or at least is like more restrictive with his feelings. I think a lot of girls left Night one being like, oh my god, he's meeting my family for sure.
Speaker 1: What would you want if you were the lead? Would you want there to be out of a cast of twenty five first Night ten people that you were really into, or would you want it there to be like only like You're like, okay, it's really between these three and kind of know that Night one.
Speaker 3: I I'm not a lover girl, Like it takes a lot for me to have a crush on someone, and when I do like someone, I'm pretty like tunnel vision. So I think you could give me like twenty five of the best guys out there and there would still only be like I only have it in me to be really obsessed with like four Max, you know, like I'm just never But I think it's hard because I like to flirt, so I would probably very like flirty with a lot of them. But but when it comes to being like vulnerable and really like intentional with the reassurance that I'm giving, I think I would withhold that for the people that I really felt like, you know, moving into week three, two or three, I was like, I really see.
Speaker 2: Something with this person.
Speaker 3: I would be I would be more restrictive with my vocabulary when it came to like.
Speaker 2: I really like you.
Speaker 3: I think you're beautiful and amazing, and I connect with your personality and I am excited to get to know you more. Like, that's an amazing thing to say to someone on a first date, but it's a really hard thing to say to someone when you're saying it to twenty five first dates.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I think he's almost compartmentalizing each relationship a little too much right now.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't think you're wrong. I don't think you're own.
Speaker 2: I think I answered like four questions that you didn't ask.
Speaker 1: But you did. But everything you said makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: So Okay, Alex gets the first impression Rose, Yep, we're gonna talk to her, So I don't think we need to get into that too much. Overall, I think it wasn't totally a surprise. She was definitely like in the running.
Speaker 2: For it in my mind.
Speaker 1: After the after their one on one conversation, not surprised at all.
Speaker 3: And then when it came to the Rose, when the first rose of the night went to Letia, next one went to Rose, next one went to Zoe, and we sent home.
Speaker 1: Do the whole cast?
Speaker 2: Nope, that.
Speaker 1: Home.
Speaker 3: We sent home seven girls, the only one I was maybe like a little surprise. They were all great, just like based on like screen time and connection. I was a little surprised about Janey, maybe because we did see her entrance, like she was like the third one of the Limo and Savannah. She's someone that I'm like, if there was a different lead, I don't know if we would have seen her go home this early.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we'll at least see one of them in Paradise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we usually see We usually see one. You know, there's usual one night oneer that gets cast.
Speaker 1: Was in your top four, I know, not now your top three.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I've ever picked a top four that didn't have someone that went home night one. I think I always have someone that goes far and always have someone that someone that.
Speaker 2: Goes home night one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know, I'm I'm nothing if not consistent, But I like that it's a smaller cast too.
Speaker 2: It's just way more manageable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we only had twenty five women, thirty perfection. We don't need My season had like thirty seven women.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, like too much, too.
Speaker 3: Much as a viewer, you know, I like twenty five me too, because leaving night one, I feel like I got a vibe of everyone except for Kylie, who I don't think we saw one time.
Speaker 1: Even even like usually the first couple episodes, I need the face sheet because I'm like trying to remember who everyone is. But even just talking about majority of these women this first episode, like I already I.
Speaker 2: Feel like I know a lot of their faces and names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well that is episode one. We hope you guys enjoyed the recap and make sure you stay tuned because we are going to have the first Rose recipient Alex on Bachelor Happy.
Speaker 2: Hon and twist in the plot. She also has the first one on one day of the season.
Speaker 1: Now, forgot to mention that, but yes, what did you think of that? I like that?
Speaker 2: Really, I don't know if I liked it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love it. There's more stakes and it forces to the lead to really be like, I actually need to put some thought into this because I'm going to spend more time with this one person right away, and this is the beginning of my journey, so it's gonna kind of be like that's an important decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I also feel like the first Impression Rose recipient usually then gets back burnered into like a week four one on one date because they.
Speaker 2: Got such early reassurance.
Speaker 3: So it kind of it makes the first Impression Rows more desirable because I feel like it doesn't come with like that con of well, now I might have to wait like weeks for like real time with him. Like it's almost, uh a double edged sword getting the first Impression Rose usually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but now you want it.
Speaker 2: You have a target on your back, but like literally who cares? Yeah, you want you want it?
Speaker 1: That's raise the stakes.
Speaker 3: I like the first Impression Rose twist as well, just because I think it spices up the first Impression Rows by adding those stakes. But it feels aligned for the show, Like the Laya twist with the card and the the power, like it just didn't align with Bachelor. It just felt really forced and like it just it didn't work at all. It didn't translate, it didn't get used, whereas this feels fresh but still true to the show. Yeah, so we're gonna have Alex on later this week. We're gonna see more of her next week's episode, So be sure to keep tuning into Grant season of The Bachelor, and don't forget to subscribe to Bachelor Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, guys,