Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast. I want to love the productions iHeart Radio. I'm joined by my intrepid crew, tarasud Amy, Sugarman. Danielle Romo is at the doc Tari how a check up for her.
Speaker 2: Pregnant Queen will be here a.
Speaker 1: Spindle of Joy that's on the way, but she will join us momentarily, and Tara is going to very ablely step in and do the synopsisizations.
Speaker 2: Before that's yes, Scott.
Speaker 1: We have hands. Yes, yes.
Speaker 3: For those I just have.
Speaker 2: A small little little tidbit to say, mm hmm. For those that instagram message us, I'm not sure if that's how the kids say it. Oh good, Danielle, the Queen is here because I wanted.
Speaker 1: To hear Welcome Danielle. So for those we didn't even hear the trumpets. Carpet was dirty, so how did you even get in the room?
Speaker 2: Welcome Queen.
Speaker 4: I am here and I am ready to go.
Speaker 2: All right, So I know that you may not read all the comments like I do, but I would just like to say, for those suggesting differently, I am the same age as Matt Zukery. To be perfectly honest, I think I'm two years older than him, maybe two and a half. But there was some comments that kind of hit me where it hurts, saying yes, eluding that it was like creepy that I love him, but I'm like, I'm his eight.
Speaker 1: Well, glad you took this opportunity to set the record straight.
Speaker 2: It kind of hurt me. I was like, wait, what, I'm literally the same age as him, two years older, So if that's creepy, then I take it. But he is forty six or forty seven and I am forty nine.
Speaker 1: So we are listen. I can't even imagine that these are even Gilmore girl fans. We're leaving these comments. They're not Gilmore girls fans. Don't leave comments like this, Oh Scott Gilmore.
Speaker 5: There's just nothing but love and Gilmore.
Speaker 1: Really, I mean, I just got back from Corpus Christy at the Christie Comic con. Tell Us about that, tell Us about fantastic. All the fans showed up. We celebrated nothing but nice people and great people and bugs and kisses and who wishes he was right next to me in the booth. Oh I love it, love. We had a good time.
Speaker 2: Did you ask him about his Winnebago?
Speaker 1: I didn't come up. It didn't cop touchy subject for me. So you're like, we love you, but that was Listen. You know he's a hoot in a holler, right or we're having a good you know, we had a great time with the fans. And I just can't see. I can't imagine any of them sitting behind a keyboard and issuing, you know, vitriol like this. I just can't imagine. So I don't think that they're Gilmour girls fans. I think I.
Speaker 2: Think they are, but I think that they just have the mathematics messed up. Because once again, totally appropriate because Matt Zukri and I are literally the same age, and I'm nothing if not honest.
Speaker 1: And you know what it's it's Matt just walked in, So I'm gonna ask him. He's not coming on the air, Matt, do you think it's creepy that Amy has a big, old high school college esque crush on you that lives to this day. Well also, no, no, he's answering, let him answer. No. He has the most respect for Amy. He doesn't think it's creepy at all. In fact, oh sit, really okay, he kind of wants to hook up. He wants to hook up, he wants to check it out.
Speaker 5: So here's the thing, good acting, Scott.
Speaker 1: Hang on, Matt, can you close the door? Please? Thank you? All right, he was just we have video of that.
Speaker 2: You're acting. You gave it. You're all like you committed to that with the head turning and the oh wait, Tara, let him finish.
Speaker 1: I mean, because it's real to me. Remember, Jerry, if you believe it, it's not a lie.
Speaker 2: Is that an acting tip? It's real to you?
Speaker 1: Actually, it is an acting tip.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what they loved I will say. You know, you got a lot of props about really was telling the story and they loved this stuff. So if you've got more of it, we want it. How the you bet came from your dad? They yeah, Oh so sweet.
Speaker 1: So anyway, just let me get a little piece of business over with them. We can get to the synopsisizations and we'll let Danielle and Tara fight it out, because Tara was about to do it, but daniel slipped in the back door. Here she is, I will not get Will it be a synopsisization Battle Royale, who smells the cooking in the kitchen or whatever that wws.
Speaker 2: What the rock Isokit, listen.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be at Indie Popcorn August twenty fifth through twenty seventh, so get your tickets now. I'm also gonna be at Columbus Galaxy Coon Columbus, Ohio December second, I think second and third. Check out their website as well, so come on down. We always have a great time. Gilmore fans are the best, and we just really and they really, we just have the best. They're great. They dress up as a character. They have their Luke shirts on their dragonflying shirts, they have their babies dressed as Luke. It's fantastic.
Speaker 5: It was a car.
Speaker 2: I've got to tell you. I meant to text you. I've almost tried to get my camera out. There's a car in front of me the other day with a full Luke's Diner sticker on the car.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, so legit.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, that's that was cute.
Speaker 1: That logo, man, I tell you that logo is going to outlive me, and it should.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be weird, but it will.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be should my casket have Luke logos all over it? Or maybe just one strategically placed anyway, Danielle, let's stop being morbid and get.
Speaker 2: If you got buried in a casket, you could put I am all in.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 1: We get the numbers that day, even if you ave podcast, I guess.
Speaker 5: Even if you wanted to be in an urn, it could say I am.
Speaker 3: All Oh my god, here.
Speaker 2: Tell your wife, Tell your wife. We thought of it.
Speaker 1: Such beautiful thoughts.
Speaker 2: Why do I I'm sorry, but why do I love us so much?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if other people love us, but I love us.
Speaker 1: I love us anyway, Danielle. That's let's get the sled out in the snow and let's get it gear all right.
Speaker 4: This is season five, episode eighteen, to Live and Let Diarama. Air date April nineteen, two thousand and five. The death of old Man took them.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're we're really going with the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, it was a good lead and come on break yeah.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: His death inspires Taylor to turn the deceased house into a museum.
Speaker 3: With Luke's help.
Speaker 4: Rory, Parris and Lane drown their guy troubles in Miss Patty's Punch, and Lorlai has second thoughts after ranting about her mother in a magazine article on her In Two fun Notes, Carol King appears as a music shop owner and Jackson directed this episode.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 1: Oh so you know what we just demonstrated was that we can make light of death. However, I thought in this episode I really was troubled by they were treating old men's welcoms. It was just like, boy, this is is this in bad taste? Is this not funny? It just it wasn't ing pong bowls weren't coming over the net.
Speaker 5: Scott, I'm really glad you're saying this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was awkward for me.
Speaker 2: I did not love this episode.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh I'm.
Speaker 4: So happy somebody said it.
Speaker 3: I watched it twice.
Speaker 1: It was an odd experience. However, however, I'm trying to put myself. It was very it was like a weird verse. It was like some it was like another all universe version of Gilmour Girls that somebody else wrote after taking some payote buttons or something like that and tripping out and then just sort of writing this stuff.
Speaker 2: You know who wrote it yeah, I did. I this is the first time in this entire podcast where I can actually say I did not love this thing.
Speaker 4: I couldn't get through the episodes. I watched it three times. The last ten minutes, great, loved the last ten minutes.
Speaker 3: All thirty minutes before that.
Speaker 4: I just had to keep watching it because I was I got what is happening?
Speaker 1: Every single Sorry Tara, but every single character wasn't themselves.
Speaker 2: Totally totally. I totally agreed.
Speaker 1: It was very odd, Tara. What we what we?
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say.
Speaker 6: It was the first time where I actually had to skim through the episode again before we jumped on, because I was like, I don't like, I just wasn't into it.
Speaker 3: I sounds so bad, but like, I skimmed through it again so hard.
Speaker 2: I feel so bad saying this, And I'm sure people will just like hummel us because I'm sure there's people that love this. My eyeballs closed three times. Eyeballs close, No.
Speaker 1: You know, I was Actually it actually fascinated me how far off tone it was. That it kind of riveted me because I was I was wondering. You know, I don't really want to say this, but I'm going to say this. I was just kind of fascinated that it kept getting worse and worse and worse. I couldn't believe it. You know. It was almost like watching a slow motion car accident, like is this this this revered show? And like what's happening with the show? And it was just it was just very odd to watch it. But I still, here's the thing, here's the takeaway. I still enjoyed it totally. I watched it with my son. He was all curled up next to me and we watched it, and I agree, and I still got through it, and I was entertained and I felt good during it, and I felt good after it. That's the thing about the show. You just want to hear the voices.
Speaker 2: You hear the voices, and I like the fashion at its worst, it's still way better than a lot of what's on television. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I'm glad we all sort of agree. So maybe this will be the one that we all agreed wasn't the best. But it doesn't mean it was like a pile of doo doo. It just wasn't as good as all the others.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking of Jurassic Park and Jeff Goldblum singing, that's a big pile of dudo. I remember that. I love any Jurassic dinosaur droppings. That's dinosaur.
Speaker 2: You don't like you're talking to number one Jurassic Park fan. But my favorite line is when the little kids all were back in the car. We're back in the car, you guys.
Speaker 4: I couldn't even get Oh, I can't even get a best line from this episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, sorry, we were.
Speaker 1: Getting just challenge ourselves. Why don't we challenge ourselves and trying to find the positive in this episode and not even talk about the negative anyways?
Speaker 5: Start but I can't. I have to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Was in focus anyway. That's it, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Here tupisode.
Speaker 2: That was the bakest link that I was like, this is not good. M M tell me if you guys agree, Harris, I actually disagree with you.
Speaker 5: She was so unhinged that I was like.
Speaker 3: I kind of like her unhinged though I don't know what it is.
Speaker 5: It felt so fake to me.
Speaker 6: I was like, I mean I could have done without like and just we'll get to each scene, but like, I think what bothered me about this episode is there were a lot of moments that I felt were dragged on in multiple scenes when we could have resolved them in like like, for example, like I didn't need to see Paris twice asking for money, or I didn't need to see like two three scenes of Lane trying to figure out where true, you know, Like there was like these like dragged on scenes and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, the Twitter the house was when my eyes were well.
Speaker 1: Since since apparently I am admired for my knowledge of old timey films and Ami refers to it. The Paris Barefoot asking for Money was an homage to John Cassavetti's and General Rowland's starring and I believe a film called The Diary of a Madhouse one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it wasn't.
Speaker 4: It was not.
Speaker 2: From the top.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I think we have no choice. But that structure.
Speaker 2: We opened on kind of like maybe a scene that had potential. It fell flat because first of all, she was wearing a beautiful green coat Lorlai. But they are spending so much time talking about trail mix and I couldn't even figure out what they're talking about.
Speaker 5: I was like, what are they talking about? And then we're having all this conversation he's dead, He's not dead, He's gonna die.
Speaker 2: He didn't do it too, he was. And then I was mildly amused by Kirk with the souvenirs and the popcorn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the only good part of that scene.
Speaker 2: But let me tell you that was the fakest baby in that stroller.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was no there was no heartbeat in the stroller, so fake.
Speaker 2: And then a sort of obscure Summerland reference that came up again, Tara, did you you and I are probably Summerland sisters? That I loved summer Land, but it was like did they make them right there?
Speaker 3: Like the Jesse McCartney Lori law.
Speaker 2: Just two mentions of it in this show.
Speaker 6: I love that show, and I honestly did not catch it. I did, and I was like, oh, yeah, no, I caught the first Lori Laughlin one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what the second one.
Speaker 2: There was two summer Lands, one Lori Laughlin, which we'll get to in pop culture.
Speaker 3: Because then it started on WB the same year. That's probably why.
Speaker 5: That's why I think they probably ask can you give a plug?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, we were off to the races with.
Speaker 2: A real slow start m.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: Then I finally realized what bothers me about Yale?
Speaker 1: And what is that?
Speaker 2: You tell me if I'm wrong. They're making it look like it's outside, but they're clearly shooting it inside.
Speaker 6: I noticed the people walking in the window in the back. Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: No, but tell me about that.
Speaker 6: Oh, I just got distracted by people walking by their window when they were it was the scene when the second time when Paris is on the couch and there's just someone walking outside the window, and it kind of I was like, can you really look into someone's dorm that close? Like are they on the they are on the ground level?
Speaker 2: Shows you it might not be the best episode if you're staring out the window.
Speaker 1: May have has been raining that day and they had to move it inside.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think they're shooting the exteriors of Yale in the sound studio or stage, I don't know what you call it. Soundstage, sound sound stage? Yes, Whereas like, clearly, when you were at Twickham's you're outside and I'm like, this is great, you're outside, I know where you are. I'm loving it.
Speaker 5: But when we go to Yale, it's like don't try and trick me.
Speaker 2: That that's outside. That's not outside. M'm saying, any.
Speaker 1: That is an email you can send to Warner Brothers, then not be too kind about it.
Speaker 2: That reminds me so much. This is totally off topic, but for people that don't know, I also worked for Ryan Seacrests, and I used to start telling seacrets, like the most boring stories, right, Like I'd think something was so important and I'd tell him this whole story, and then he'd always go, why don't you put that on your podcast? And like this is like ten years ago, I didn't even have a podcast.
Speaker 3: Now you're like, here are all my stories.
Speaker 2: Stories. So anyway, there was a funny line where Rory says how tacky it is that there's souvenirs and then you see the big pile of them in Lorelei's house. That was sort of amusing, but it.
Speaker 1: Was just where, I don't know, it's hard, you know, when when it doesn't get off the launch pad, it's hard to you know what I mean. It's like there's no ride to take. You're just sort of waiting for it to take off, right, and it's like.
Speaker 2: Well, and then the same thing happens we go then the same thing happened for me when we go into the music store.
Speaker 4: And we have like the only thing I will say, the one thing that we do establish in that scene at Yale is that Logan's not calling Rory, right, Yeah, Like that is important to at least point out like I thought at least there that there was gonna I was like, Okay, I'm in for this episode, you know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we kind of get a we get a poignant if that's the right word ending where it's like, oh, we're sort of sucked back into the story, but like all this mumbo jumbo in the middle.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh yeah, yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: But we go into the record store and then I felt like we m we they It's like Carol King wasn't really used in the way I wanted her to be. It was sort of this weird she's Sophie Bloom, but she's sort of knocking Lane, like saying, if I don't have anything else to do, I'll have coffee with you. And I think it was to be a joke, but it wasn't funny.
Speaker 1: It was just all warm yeah.
Speaker 2: And then oh god, I'm so sorry to say this, Scott, but I'm so sorry to say this.
Speaker 1: Oh you'd be careful.
Speaker 5: We go into the diner and you seemed weird.
Speaker 3: It's like more enthusiastic than usual.
Speaker 4: Questions Scott, when when you're filming something like do you know this is not going to be a good episode, Like after you film this, where you like, that's not our best, like.
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 4: Or are you like, oh, surely they'll color the other scenes around around this one, like do you know?
Speaker 2: Well, you can't be serious.
Speaker 1: I don't recall having any feelings about the episode when we were shooting it.
Speaker 6: Now, like he just picked up the script and you were like, this is my my score.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to do my job. I'm going to do my job and every scene the best I can, and I listen. I enjoyed that first scene. I do know that that's not how we usually see Luke, but I enjoyed that scene because it is because I really had to. Instead of her driving the scene and me reacity, I was driving the scene truth and I don't get to do that a lot, you know, and I that was an opportunity to see Luke, you know, where I got to go into work and I'm driving the scene and she's reacting to me, and.
Speaker 2: I think, I actually think your acting was good because I think they you're supposed to be acting weird.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm, Like because you've got this big secret that you're trying to buy the house.
Speaker 1: Right, that could have been that could have been much more of a major storyline. Yeah, I mean that's a big deal. It was like the last minute, he wants to he wants to get married and have children in that house. That is a major story.
Speaker 2: It's like a weird thing.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 2: It was super weird because I wrote, Luke is acting weird. Now I get it that you were supposed to be acting weird, but it's also like you're a terrible secret keeper because like you're acting so weird that we're like, what's the wrong one? Why does he want to go to the meeting? And like what's happening? And then we don't really find out, Like you're acting so weird and we don't really get any clue as to why. And then there's the whole bit about the window being broken, Like I don't really even understand why was the window.
Speaker 3: I was like, did he throw the pan through the window?
Speaker 2: That hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it took me as it did take me a second though to be like, oh, that's.
Speaker 3: How he threw the pan.
Speaker 4: I'm just still kind of annoyed. I understand we're two episodes aft, like you know, this is a second episode of being reconciled or whatever, but I'm just still kind of annoyed that Luke is just like, everything's great, I'm going to buy a house for us, Like you know, I'm just like still annoyed about it. I'm like, no, Luke, no, be a little bit.
Speaker 1: But if we're going to make that choice to make him that guy who's who feels that way and is going to act in this way and get this house, then commit to it. Yeah, make it a meal instead of an appetizer, because that is a huge story beat. That's a huge I mean, they dwell more and in greater detail with Zach and Lane's relationship than they did with Luke and Laurela. It was bizarrely the.
Speaker 2: Whole whole episode about the house and why he wants that house and how does Lauraaie feel about that and you know what a big step and the whole Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then does she feel about moving in with him and leaving the house that she raised, you know, like that her and Rory live in. Like, yeah, I want all of that, you know.
Speaker 2: Messy, and then said I'm like just dozing off during the mansion tour. But we'll get to that. So there was a favorite line. I do have one.
Speaker 1: We're not ready. We're not ready. We're not ready, We're not ready. Red light just went on.
Speaker 5: Don't let me forget, don't let me forget.
Speaker 1: Okay, your house is now being sealed.
Speaker 2: My question is why did you throw the frying pan? Am I just an idiot?
Speaker 1: It was never It was never answered weird, He's just wacky Luke who can't control himself.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's very aggressive, very frying pan.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's a crime. Actually, you know, could have been arrested.
Speaker 2: Also, Luke's not stupid. It's all his building. You own the whole thing. You own the ice cream shoppy too, So why would you huck o pan at your own window that now you have to pay for.
Speaker 1: The only explanation is somebody took a couple of hits of pot wrote this episode in the desert, tripping out listening to Hendrix. I have no idea it was.
Speaker 2: Weird, and then we're just supposed to be so befuddled by why is Luke volunteering?
Speaker 5: And it was like, oh, that's so wacky, and I'm like, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Quick, quick, get back to Sophie in the music store.
Speaker 2: Brian is so bad too, and Taylor needs an office, like it was just all what. There were two funny lines though, I actually have two lines that I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Say, give me one.
Speaker 1: Can't do it, Give one, Give one, give.
Speaker 2: One, Okay. So the first one that I loved was he's talking about muzak and how he's gonna have muzak and then he says who doesn't love muzak and Suki sort of under her breast as music lovers yea.
Speaker 3: Also why musak music?
Speaker 2: He loves elevator musak? Do you know what musach is? No, Taylor, Muzak is that crap you hear in the elevator.
Speaker 1: It's like you hear you'll hear a you know, love on an elevator Aerosmith song and with violins.
Speaker 3: But like it's called musak. Yes, I did not know that?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Because it's free? Maybe like it's not. Oh, thanks to our producer Easton Muzak is a brand.
Speaker 5: The other one that someone these references.
Speaker 2: Somebody once said to Scott, you'll get this is somebody. I was like booking a this is this is one of my boring stories. But I was booking sort of some music for something, and I said, oh, I want to have these people come out and do this song. And one of our bosses was like, as long as it isn't up with People, So I have to go home and google. Do you remember up with People?
Speaker 1: It was? Do you Scott? I recognize the name, but I I think it.
Speaker 2: Was sort of like a bunch of kind of corny corusy people singing.
Speaker 1: Right right right, right, right, right right.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of muzak. Yeah, anyway, I digress.
Speaker 5: Everyone groaning at my stories, you'll thank me because.
Speaker 3: That's all we got entertainment for the episode.
Speaker 2: Okay. So then we get into the whole thing with the with the shirts and your crew members and Gypsy and Kyle Kyle.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that was the moment, the funniest moment for me. And I'll just you know, since we got nothing today, I'm just gonna say when they all had to hold hands and Luke grabbed Kyle's hook. Okay, it was hysterical.
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm here to lend a ham good one. That was amusing and a real nice return for Kyle. But it was like ker Kyle, Taylor, gypsy you and a bunch of few people we didn't know.
Speaker 1: I was like, anyway, how it wasn't that weird that Taylor grabbed me like that.
Speaker 3: Your hands on his chest?
Speaker 1: Long? Everybody was out of character. But it's like Luke wants that house so badly he was willing to tolerate that Taylor.
Speaker 2: Like Lai really wants me to get involved in community things.
Speaker 1: I mean, how's tailor man handling Luke to that the great where he's just like, oh, it's just so weird my right.
Speaker 2: Hand man that I'm gonna need my hand back, like for Yeah, there were some zingers of the line, can I just give you guys one more?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Well, he gives everyone the shirts and he says a cold water wash tumble dry below. But then we get to this sort of nonsense interview at the Dragonfly that she's gonna be on the cover of the magazine, which is all great, but then she just that whole story wasn't great, Yeah, because why would she do that. No one is doing that telling a reporter just hateful things about their mother.
Speaker 4: Well, Lorl so smart and this was just again not her being her, Like you don't go back and say, actually, that was off.
Speaker 6: The record, Like you know, I was also surprised that she didn't understand what off the record was, Like She's asking Rory like what do you mean?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, right, come a smart yeah right.
Speaker 1: Well, even though it was a very funny line that she gave the the editor, Yeah, it was, you know funny if you if you take a step back from Hitler and then you get you know, get a little nicer, and then go to Stalin and then go to maw and then you're still a little bit far away from my.
Speaker 2: House's just a mess.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You don't bag on your family in print. I mean, that's forever exactly.
Speaker 2: You don't say that to a reporter. Everyone, Yes, that it's like interview. You're not going to be like, oh, by the way.
Speaker 1: My mom. You know I did that once and I did that once and I said, so I just let it slip out once about about a family member, and my sister called me and lit me up.
Speaker 2: Oh, she just.
Speaker 1: Lit me up. She was pissed and she was rightfully, so you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's like, yeah, it's sort of the off limits thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't do it. Yeah, are your dirty laundry in public? You just do not do it? And yeah, what possessed me to do that? I think I probably was taking the same peote that.
Speaker 6: The storyline for me was kind of like to remind everyone that Lorelei still is mad at Emily even though they're not in the episode. That's what it felt like. It was like, let's just throw this in because Emily and Richard aren't in this episode.
Speaker 2: Well, and then I think we're supposed to really take to heart that she would rather not have the article at all than have it come out. Yeah, it's like there is love there, there is respect, there, there is all the things, because she would rather sacrifice her you know, story in the magazine than have that get out. So I thought, okay, there's sort of a that was important. Yeah, there were some important things, but just kind of like a meandering road to get there. Although did anyone find it amusing that that that they had the mannequins fighting, because that's totally like funny to ye, but.
Speaker 1: Fight they didn't commit to it. Did you really get into a man? Well? I did, like I did like the three girls getting drunk, that's funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then but Paris is over the top.
Speaker 2: I have a question if anybody can tell me this answer? When we go back to the dorm room. So this is back when we're in the dorm room and we realize like I think, I think Rory's going to leave for the weekend or whatever. There's a poster on the wall.
Speaker 6: I figured out what it is. Oh, thank god, it's David Well, no, it's zoomed out. It's David Egger EDG.
Speaker 2: Who is that?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I saw the name.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, who is that guy? Might they have a poster of him?
Speaker 3: That's all I was watching the whole me too.
Speaker 2: I was like, who is that guy?
Speaker 6: He's an American writer apparently of British play.
Speaker 2: Right, so he's an American writer or British play.
Speaker 1: Which one is?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: No, it's egg e r s Bakers.
Speaker 2: I think it's actually I wish everyone could see your face because Danielle looks so work.
Speaker 4: He's not just like he's kind of cute.
Speaker 2: Which is, oh, let's see, I guess.
Speaker 5: It makes sense that Rory would have that poster.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and also what a weird poster with his feet just it's just like weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, then we find out, as Danielle has told us too, that Logan has not called in two weeks, like gnarly what yeah, a long time.
Speaker 5: Harley and Doyle is totally doing the same.
Speaker 6: I do like that part of the storyline where they were going through that. At the same time, I wish we got a little bit more of it at Yale, Like I wanted more between the two of them both not getting calls from their boyfriends or you know, whatever you considered Logan.
Speaker 3: It was it's relatable, Yeah, it was relatable. We could have developed that a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I'm all to do like drive bys.
Speaker 6: Hard to start with, or like go to a bar and like try to meet other guys like something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, And then we go back to the sort of thing I don't care about, which was Zach and Lane, not that I don't care about them, but like we don't. But why right, But why would she assume like that Zach, like he's like I'm just gonna go out with friends. Why would she He assumed that Zach's having a thing with Carol King is.
Speaker 3: So weird, Like literally, it was so weird. And the payoff wasn't that exciting either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a bluegrass band. R I couldn't tell you, Lene, I just didn't.
Speaker 4: That scenario make him make out with Carol King, you know, like give and give me some juice like what.
Speaker 2: She's like.
Speaker 3: And she gave him like, Okay, no worries, I'm fine with it, Like we went through all that.
Speaker 2: She was fine with it because he's just playing the ban jo.
Speaker 4: Scott, It's just like it's bad.
Speaker 1: It's like trying to play a baseball game and a torrential downpour. It's just supposed to play the game. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So I do have one redeeming thing. I really like when Laura I wears a shirt with a shirt. You know, she's wearing a shirt with a shirt under.
Speaker 4: It on thetuch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a good style. So Kirk's on the couch and everyone's trying to find a place for Kirk and Rory came.
Speaker 1: Home and everybody's this Paris is there. Kirk's there. He comes from downstairs. It was just it was just getting weirder and weirder and.
Speaker 2: Weirder, and the conversation.
Speaker 1: You know, why did maybe Emily could have been crashed out on the porch and you know, I mean I was waiting in the window like ed Herman like upstairs snoring it's come on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then so then we we do have that conversation that Tara talked about between Rory and Laura explaining off the record, which is like, okay, what we all know this. Then we have the cannonball scene, which was sort of supposed to be funny with Luke in the truck and that banging around, but it was just sort of irritating.
Speaker 6: I think, yeah, with that whole that part of the storyline with Dean, I think what bothered me was like I was so excited to see Jared's name is like the guest star, Like I was so excited to see I was like, oh, I don't remember this. I was like, no, one, I don't remember because he said like two lines like he did.
Speaker 3: He didn't say an.
Speaker 1: He had a big scene with Luke did at the end, and we're just who we are. They're never going to accept yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: We got to get into that because that's saved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole.
Speaker 2: Yes, that the end that brought us back to give me hope for next week. But before now, I wanted to be amused by the scenes where Lorelai is clearly mothering Kirk. Do you know what I mean? Do you know what time about?
Speaker 5: She's got the cereal and clearly sort of.
Speaker 2: It's funny how she's like talking to him like he's a child, But then it's also kind of dumb.
Speaker 1: So it just like it wasn't even yeah, it wasn't smart or real. It was weird. It was just very forced.
Speaker 2: Should we skip me? I guess we go through it. I guess we keep going through it.
Speaker 1: We're shocked to see these players put in these positions because they're so good. They're so good at what they do.
Speaker 2: And the floor hole with the cannon ball, it's like, yeah.
Speaker 1: They weren't given the material to shine. And you know, one hundred pounds is not it's heavy, but it's not that heavy for Luke to need help Karen.
Speaker 2: A hole through the floor.
Speaker 1: Well it what if it was a super old house, but one hundred pounds, But if you have a round cannonball. One hundred pounds is fairly heavy, but it's not so heavy that Luke can't handle it. It was just, you know, make it one hundred and fifty pounds, and then you've got a struggle.
Speaker 2: Then we've got the red punch and they're drinking and saying, don't call in that whole thing.
Speaker 3: I did like the three of them together, though.
Speaker 5: I do too, but I wanted it to be better.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so sorry, everybody, I'm so sorry. I did think it was funny when they said no lude behavior and then Lorealizer's pinching Luke's but that was amusing to me. Then we get the bluegrass band payoff, which we already talked about. Didn't pay much.
Speaker 1: I didn't pay much.
Speaker 2: Did anyone find the tour of the museum Manshionny House to be amusing? This is what I was like?
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, I enjoyed how well they pulled it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I felt like I was there like a museum. I hate museums. I literally felt like I was there being like, I need to go home.
Speaker 3: The museum. It's so funny.
Speaker 6: There's there's this thing at at Disney World. There's this thing called the carousela progress, and it reminded me almost exactly like that.
Speaker 3: And it's it's a ride. I mean, it's not really ride.
Speaker 6: You sit and you watch these like statues like talk and Plussing's music. It reminded me exactly that, so listeners will probably know. But I was like, this is so weird to put I like the Good Museum.
Speaker 1: And then they and then they kept cutting to the little boy who had no no lines.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was kind of funny.
Speaker 3: I gave it just the light, the light.
Speaker 5: I think that's when my eyes were closed.
Speaker 1: It was like, what's when you started?
Speaker 2: Not in my life have I ever knotted off during an episode of Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 1: Never have you ever settled in for an episode, you know, strapping in expecting the big, big, deep gut belly laughs and then just sort of like getting slammed in the face with like nothingness. It's it was weird.
Speaker 3: It was weird. There's a question.
Speaker 1: It was weird.
Speaker 5: Does Laura Lake even know that Luke wants to buy the house for her?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, No, that was the big reveal at the end. She says, hmm, that's a nice looking nice columns, nice bricks.
Speaker 6: Can get I feel like that's a huge that's a huge step, like, let me just buy this house for me and my girlfriend start a family. But I'm not going to talk to her about it.
Speaker 4: Right, And also, we were broken up two weeks ago. I still can't get over it, and I will. I will get over it, but it's still just like.
Speaker 2: A sticking point for me. So then we get to the two things that are good in this episode, the conversation between Dean and Luke. Yeah, and Rory bawling with Laura Lai. I don't even remember how we got there. Oh yeah, because she was drinking.
Speaker 3: And then she's back, Yes, felt sick.
Speaker 2: Both of those were quite important, Yes.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: Well it was good storytelling and it was relevant to the overall piece. Right, Yeah, your story it was it was it was deeper. It was these deeper storylines that had been established long ago. Yeah, all of this weirdo stuff that was happening in this episode.
Speaker 2: Right. He says, your situation is no different than mine, and it was like, woo, So do you guys agree with Dean? No, but I get.
Speaker 5: Where he's coming from here.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to say why I think it's different. Yeah, yeah, because Loreli isn't Rory. Lorelei really doesn't want more than this town her life, Luke, whereas Rory does. Yeah, that's a really good for now and that could change, but for now.
Speaker 6: Do you think that Dean is still sad that he's not with Rory? Do you think that's why he's holding this grudge?
Speaker 1: He's Yeah, he's never going to get over it.
Speaker 4: Well, he's kind of the one that left, right technically, you know, like, yeah, he's the one that was like, all right, I don't fit anybody.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: He's still wounded and he will be for sure. He won't get over that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because it's like, even though this isn't true, in his mind, he's sort of like I'm not enough, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right right, And so he's God, he had to accept reality and that's what it hurts. And he'll never forget that. He'll never have really much positive to say about it or feel about it.
Speaker 4: And it did ruin his life, and I mean, we don't it didn't really had an update on Lindsay since that all happened, But I'm assuming they're not together.
Speaker 2: No, they are, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Well, he was just one of many sacrificial lamps to demonstrate the magnetism and charisma of Rory the character right, they needed to sacrifice them.
Speaker 2: Why do you all think, especially Scott and Danielle, that that Logan hasn't called in two weeks?
Speaker 1: Because I'm sure he's embarrassed about his little getting into a snit and flipping out of it. You know, the mask came off? What what you can't put it back on?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: You know? He uh, he made a mistake. Yeah, I'm sure he's quite embarrassed and humiliated that he allowed himself to or he exposed himself to her in that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he definitely showed his cards and now he's kind of like trying to retract it.
Speaker 2: A little bit, and it's all kind of a goal.
Speaker 4: I'm in control, you know, Like I'm not calling you right right?
Speaker 3: If you want to hang out with me, you call me, which.
Speaker 1: Which may only makes him look worse, because maybe be the move is to call her and apologize for.
Speaker 2: Call her and say I behave that way because I do really have feelings, right, and I was wrong to say that he's just day around.
Speaker 1: He's not doing that, And I would like to ask you out to dinner and it's just going to be the two of us and you know, this kind of a thing, and then you know, you could try to redeem himself at that time. Yeah, yeah, the relationship put it on put it on a track that's you know, she's going to respect well.
Speaker 2: And she's in so much pain that obviously she's got to realize she was kidding herself thinking she could just casually date him. Come on, Yeah, yeah, she knew, We knew she could.
Speaker 1: We all knew, right, well, his idea and she.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not like I don't I don't like seeing Rory cry like that, clearly, Like it's you kind of feel for her. But a part of me like the scene that she went through that because we've never seen that side of her, because everyone's always just want they want Rory and for the first time she has to work for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we've seen it a little bit here and there, but like, you're right, she really that could be one of the biggest full fledged meltdowns over a boy. She's really hat but she is just she's in excruciating pain, and yeah, I felt bad for her.
Speaker 1: Well, she's now she's in the big bed real world sort of. Yeah, you're right, and you know not everybody's all folks seeing chummy and you know, I mean Jess was child's play compared to this guy.
Speaker 5: Well right, and she's older too, so the feelings become it's not like her high school boyfriend, like she's she's four years older now, h ish, Yeah, four years older, and it's like.
Speaker 2: Painful. I mean you could everyone could argue this, but like your college boyfriend, you like more do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's more real.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question with him? Do you think that Rory was envisioning a real future with logan marriage kids the whole time He's no.
Speaker 6: Maybe don't have kids in marriage, but at least sorry, I was gonna say, at least something serious.
Speaker 2: Definitely very serious. College relationship is what she hopes for.
Speaker 4: And like she's not Afcellent's not the right word, but like prestigious relationship but in a Huntsburger, you know, like she like she sees that like you know, cool factor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's popular. He's really popular and like I'm sure Dean was popular too, but like this guy is the cool kid at Yale. Yale.
Speaker 1: He's a cool kid at Yale and Yale.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, cool kid stars allow, right, we both thought that at the same time. We're like, oh yeah, Yale, it's freaking Yale.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I will say I missed him this episode. I'm not going to lie to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Tara, me too, like the same age or the same age, but missed him.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know what, I like the banter with Logan.
Speaker 2: I miss him every day in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your life is just one long gill More episode.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, it's Gilmore that I went right into the Good Wife and then right into the Resident and now I have nothing I know, like somebody tell me. And then the strike Matt Degree, Oh my god, when you won't even be together till twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh, if you're lucky, I know it can be a bad strike. It's gonna be a long one.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to start the Good Wife again, right Gosh, So I.
Speaker 1: Wonder what would bring the studios to their knees.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 2: The actors are gonna have to everybody's gonna have to like just realize that.
Speaker 1: Maybe somebody in SAG should start monetizing Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 2: What we should realize is that.
Speaker 1: And say, how does it feel to, you know, have your copyright stolen in the peep True?
Speaker 2: I understand, true, but the real people paying the real price, Amy Tara Danielle, because pretty soon we're gonna have nothing to watch.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 6: I'm taking it slow on my shows because I'm like, I gotta this out until the ends of the year.
Speaker 2: I'm milking the Walking Dead like you don't even understand.
Speaker 1: But aren't there? But aren't there? Like a bill, there's a billion shows out there.
Speaker 3: We still got our Housewives. Those are never ending.
Speaker 2: Suddenly and just like that is the best show on television. Oh my god, I love it.
Speaker 3: Oh the summer I turned pretty at least it's a week by week now because I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Of starting Ally McBeal again. Do you guys remember that I thought I might go for that again.
Speaker 1: This is going so well that I'm going to take a phone call from my wife. Hang on, that'll spice it up. Hey, babe, I'm in the middle of the podcast, but it's going so well, I thought I'd take a phone call. Well, what's up burgers? Yes, we do have buns.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh, I didn't realize she was actually on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yes, we need everything else. That's correct. I think we're good there. Okay, she's still going I think as okay.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Scott turned to yell at first that you were acting.
Speaker 1: I'm so good. You can't tell the difference. You thought Matt Zukri was in my house.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got mine, I got mine, I got to who wants to?
Speaker 1: What do you got?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say five out of ten cups of punch, and the five came from the Dean and Luke scene.
Speaker 2: So I'm not as mean as you. Six cannonballs.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say four trail mix bags of trail mix.
Speaker 2: Oh god, So I liked it the most.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say three point five caskets filled with cereal?
Speaker 6: Is this the worst episode that we we've seen ever?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Or Jackson?
Speaker 2: I know, because it's not in directing. It's not the directing, it was the Yeah, it was the storylines. Yeah, what when did this air? When did this air?
Speaker 6: Okay, in April April, spring break April, maybe before, and maybe it's.
Speaker 2: Just like they had to get some filler in there that they didn't have. They couldn't put a lot of money into it, and they just climing up on to the end. Yeah, which is feeling crazy.
Speaker 6: If you did it minus the last ten minutes, you didn't really need the rest of the episode to just follow the storyline of Gilmore.
Speaker 2: Just kind of miniesot like our culture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you really needed the last ten minutes. That was it.
Speaker 4: Maybe the maybe the scene with Paris and Rory like saying that they haven't heard back from Doyle, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And here's the thing about Corpus Christie, Texas. It has great sushi. The sushi thing so bad. We went to a sushi restaurant there. It was fantastic.
Speaker 5: And here's what I like, as if you disagree.
Speaker 2: With us, tell us why?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, don't just hate me because I suck. Just explain to me what I didn't get. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: To all of us? All tell us?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Tell us why you think this was a great episode? And that and you know, like I said, having this on in the background, because that's what people tell me, because I you know, I talk to all of these people at these cons and it's like, you know, I it's a lot of people that come through the lines, and every time I do it. It's a lot of people coming through the lines, and I'll say the same thing. I just have this on in the background. I'm not even watching it, you know. I've seen it so many times and I've memorized it. I have it on the background whenever I'm home, I have it in my aarpods, I have it everywhere at work, and it's just.
Speaker 2: Like, Oh, that's a good idea. And their air pods on a walk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what they do, and they just it makes them happy. In an episode like this, they don't care. It's wonderful, wonderful one. Maybe the first time they saw it they were like, eh, that's a little lofet, But I still loved it, and they still get to spend time with my characters. I get to see these people and they so much. Yeah, that's kind of the feeling I got when I was watching it. Knowing so intellectually right, the critic in me was like, eh, you know, not the greatest, but you know, emotionally, I was like, yeah, I'm with it. I love these characters. It's making me happier. I'm cuddling here with my son. And this is what people do when they watch it. They get their families together, and they cuddle with their daughters and their sons and they watch the episodes. I'm you know, there's babies that come up in the line, the babies and they're dressed as Luke and they said, we we watch a show, so it's all good feelings. Yeah, I want to diminish that experience for people. Even though we just spent an hour doing that, I don't want to do.
Speaker 3: It was still entertaining.
Speaker 1: We are critical. Tends to be wide open when it just seems so off, and we want I want to understand why, and I think that I think the reason is writing for television in a series television twenty two to twenty four episodes, producing them, it's really hard.
Speaker 2: I agree, it's really.
Speaker 1: Hard, and sometimes maybe it doesn't all come together for whatever reason, you know. You know, well the editor poured some tonic on the tape. We're gonna have to do it live, you know, whatever things happen, right, and so anyway, we and.
Speaker 2: It's still not it's only not the best compared to all the others. I'm not saying it's not great when you take it out and compare it to other TV shows. Do you know what I mean, like, it's still great there, so I'm not mad at us, but other people will.
Speaker 1: All right, so look, next episode episode is season five, episode nineteen. But I'm a Gilmore. Yeah, and I think that's going to wrap her up. And I think we did favorite lines. There were so many, and yeah, I nailed the best ones. And all right, thanks Gang, Tara, Amy, Danielle, thank you.
Speaker 2: We'll bring our a game for pop culture this week, don't you worry.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. That's gonna do it. We're gonna wrap it up. Best fans on the planet. Love you guys. Keep the cards and letters coming, and just remember we I I'm all in. Stay safe, everybody, don't forget. Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com