Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: Caleb is on the phone today for a first Day follow up and he's getting ghosted from a date that he went on with a woman named McKenna. In a few minutes, we'll call her in social house why she's ghosting him. But first, Caleb, how long has it been since you heard from McKenna.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see, I guess it's been it's been about a week now. Yeah, since her we left things. I mean, as far as.
Speaker 4: I thought, we left things pretty good.
Speaker 3: We had actually texted that thing day later to hang out again. She's being excited, so I don't know. I don't know why it's been a week.
Speaker 5: So well, then let's go backwards, because you did have an interaction with her that sounded good.
Speaker 6: So when how did you meet her? What was your date like?
Speaker 4: Well, the date was great.
Speaker 3: Well, I met her actually at a at a work event several years ago and we went on a date back then. But we I guess, I know, I wasn't really looking for anything serious at the time. I had some family well and some work stuff going on, and I could tell she seemed busy, but we we had a great time, had some drinks, There was I thought, some chemistry, and wound up just kind of hanging out for the night and.
Speaker 4: That was it just sort of lost touch.
Speaker 3: But at this point, you know, I guess it's been I guess it's been almost six years. I reached back out just to see what she was up to and if she wanted to meet up, and she said yes.
Speaker 4: I thought we had a great night. We did some bar hopping, had some food. She had to me drinks that night, I do remember. So she wound up coming.
Speaker 3: And staying at my place, but it was in a sense, I mean we hung out, there was some cuddling, some kisses whatever. Thought she left in the morning, you know, I had some coffee and I thought we were going to do this again, and then I just did not hear back from her.
Speaker 4: And I'm so confused.
Speaker 6: So did she say that she wanted to do it again?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I mean in the last text we were.
Speaker 3: She was it was like she was just waiting for me to reach out and kind of plan something. And then when I reached right out, I just never heard anything.
Speaker 2: Is there anything you can think of? There would be a reason to get ghosted.
Speaker 3: I've racked my brain, like I saw the I guess I had so my ex girlfriend, which has been months and months ago.
Speaker 4: I know she had left some stuff in the apartment. I got rid of a lot of it, but I did I noticed a couple of days ago there's like a pretty yodor stick was still like in that side drawer that I usually keep open. So like maybe she saw that and thought something was going on. But I'm kind of grasping a straws. I mean, I just I don't know.
Speaker 5: I've seen shampoo in the shower before that was a woman's and I was like, I don't know about all this really.
Speaker 6: Yeah, didn't make me feel good. Yeah, that could be a reason.
Speaker 1: I get.
Speaker 4: I get that. It's just she could have asked.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, we'll see if we can figure it out for you. Then we'll play a song come back, and then call her and see if she tells us why she's ghosting you and get you maybe get you another date. Okay, cool, thank you, all right, we'll play a song, come back, and get your first day follow up next. Right in the middle of your first day follow up, if you're just joining us, Caleb is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by McKenna. So in a second, we're gonna call her and see if she tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Caleb, why don't you refresh our memory on her date with McKenna.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So McKenna and I had a great date. This was the second time I reached out of here years ago. Timing wasn't right, but yeah, I thought we really hit it off on this last this last date, and she wound up coming to stay in the night. Everything seemed cool. We have plans to move forward. And then it's been a.
Speaker 4: Week now and I cannot get in touch with her. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I I my ex girlfriend and had lest some stuff at the house when deodorant something Maybe maybe that had something to do with it.
Speaker 4: She saw that and got some ideas.
Speaker 3: But I'm racking my brain just trying to figure out because we had a great time.
Speaker 4: Chemistry was there her?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Are you ready for us to call her?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Hello, Hi, man, speak to McKenna.
Speaker 6: Please.
Speaker 7: This is McKenna.
Speaker 2: McKenna, how are you. This is Jubel I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The Jubil Show.
Speaker 6: Him McKenna. I'm Nina also on the show. Hi, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 6: How are you.
Speaker 7: I'm good.
Speaker 2: Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 1: I yes, I've listened to it, so I'm just curious.
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, we do a segment called the First Day follow Up. That's where you go out with somebody on a date and you ghost him. They can email us to get you on the phone and ask you why you're ghosting them. Oh yeah, do you have any idea who would ask us to call you?
Speaker 4: I have some.
Speaker 1: Thoughts, but I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: His name is Caleb.
Speaker 6: Was that your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Caleb emailed us told us about your date, and they said he had a great time and he's wondering why you're not calling him back.
Speaker 1: I mean, we did have a great time, and you know, I had liked him before when we met at a work party years before, and so I was excited to hear from him.
Speaker 7: And we went to.
Speaker 1: A bunch of bars and I had a little too much to drink, and he was really kind enough. It took care of me and I had a great time, and you know, you want to kind of follow up what people have done up too, and so it just happened to have seen his ig like the night before we out, and then afterwards, I just wanted to see if there was anything on there, and I noticed that he had followed a bunch of people, and so when I looked to see it, he randomly followed like ten bikini models. And I showed it to my girlfriend and she said, it's like a red flag. And so I'm just really not about that vibe. If that's what he wants, then that's fine. I don't need to, you know, get involved with someone who's about that.
Speaker 4: Wait are you are you stalking me?
Speaker 2: That's Caleb. Caleb is actually on the phone listening and let's talk to you.
Speaker 3: Wait, you're on my Instagram looking at who I'm following.
Speaker 4: What is that about?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen you in six years and pop into my DM and of course I'm going to look at your IG.
Speaker 4: It's normal, and well so following people on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I don't understand a bikini all bikini models like you know that. After you spent time with me and we had a good time, and your go to is to go follow bikini models.
Speaker 3: No, all that is is eye candy. It doesn't even mean anything. It's just, yeah, it's what guys do.
Speaker 4: Oh my guy.
Speaker 1: After spending time with me? Yes, you're You're correct, a typical guy. So that's what I don't want is a typical guy who's gonna follow bikini models after spending time with me.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I probably don't need somebody policing what I can look at and interact with.
Speaker 4: I thought we had a great time together.
Speaker 7: It happened relatively.
Speaker 1: I thought you were adorable, and then I just noticed and it was it's what people do, and you haven't seen each other for six years, is to see.
Speaker 7: And you're the one that DM me on your accountcil of course I'm going to look at your ID.
Speaker 6: Where are you following the models?
Speaker 3: Well? In mind, After our date, I went hung out with my buddies and Nick was there. I told you about Nick. We were all watching some of the old older Olympic like videos and stuff, and that got us looking on Instagram and one of my friends grabbed my phone and clicked a bunch of them.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize I was following them anyway, but if.
Speaker 3: I followed them, that shouldn't be a problem.
Speaker 4: It's just what guys.
Speaker 1: Do you Your guy friend followed fifteen bikini models all at the same time, and he just happened to go through that all at the same.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean he added some and then we were going through I added some. It didn't it was just stupid. We were just looking at girls. I was honestly so excited about the date.
Speaker 4: That's how it all started.
Speaker 3: As I was talking about you, and I showed them a photo and that's where they followed that.
Speaker 5: McKenna, What is it about these bikini models that's making you so upset?
Speaker 7: I mean, it's true, Like I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just it was literally after our date time, and like, yeah, it's the timing of it. And so then it just seems like he's not serious. I'm looking for someone serious. If he wants eye candy, go get the eye candy. I mean, I believe, like I'm a beautiful woman and I deserve someone whose attention is on and not on bikini models that he may never ever meet.
Speaker 6: She wants to be your eye candy, Caleb.
Speaker 4: McKenna, you are my eye candy.
Speaker 3: These girls on Instagram it's all fake anyway, it doesn't add up to anything.
Speaker 4: It's a pipe dream. You're the real deal.
Speaker 1: That It doesn't make firstreak to do that immediately after our date, Like, why would you do that? I mean, we had a great time. It just ruined my perception of you. If that is what is more important to you? Is this eye candy girls? Like there it was and it wasn't It wasn't just one. It was like, it's not like a million to the fifteen.
Speaker 4: Well you, I mean, yeah, I followed.
Speaker 3: I followed some girls, but you followed Chris Hemsworth like right after.
Speaker 6: Well, how do you know that?
Speaker 7: So you looked at my account?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're saying after you're crap about looking at your account?
Speaker 4: So you brought itself. It didn't actually bother.
Speaker 1: Me, but you're throwing it back in my face something that you said that was wrong for me to do.
Speaker 7: You were throwing it back in my face.
Speaker 2: It's kind of cute, guys, you're stalking each other. It's like you guys have been together for a while. McKenna, would you like another day with Caleb? Will pay for it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I mean, if that's his go to right after a date, like, I, you know, I don't need to be worrying about if he's looking at other girls.
Speaker 7: That's what I don't want to be worrying about.
Speaker 1: And if that's his immediate reaction after our first date.
Speaker 7: Then I I don't want that kind of energy.
Speaker 6: So he made you feel insecure right away?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, I'm pretty secure, But if that's that's what your go to is after our date, like, that's not the energy that I want. I, for one.
Speaker 3: Don't need my social interactions micromanaged. And it does sound like an insecurity issue to me, which shouldn't exist, but that's what it sounds like.
Speaker 7: Well, good luck to you with those bikini models girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah mckennaugh, thank you, and good luck with Chris Hensworth.
Speaker 6: I really think you.
Speaker 5: Guys should go on another day
Speaker 6: You will's first date