Speaker 1: What is up?
Speaker 2: You are off in God's Country with your boy Read and Dan and your boy Dan, Your boy Dan, also known as the Brothers Hunt, where we take a weekly drive to the intersection of country music and.
Speaker 3: Our great out knows two things that go together like.
Speaker 4: Shotgunn a beer and a school bus.
Speaker 3: And to Covius and this podcast led our new job to Cove sponsorship song bring it In, Reading it Hey, to Cova.
Speaker 5: Sponsoring the show now Baby, to Kova sponsoring the show Now Baby, I got the swaed, Dan's got the cane and boots a bone on fix to Kovas sponsoring the show aur Baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just made us out.
Speaker 1: Ray, fade us out. It's a slow fair made us out right. I think that might be his new name. Ray.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Stid a new guy raids like Fadus just Ray. I like to fade us out.
Speaker 1: Fad us out.
Speaker 2: Ray, that's a cool name. Hit me with the parents. My God are so old, Give me around applause.
Speaker 1: Dude is quick.
Speaker 3: Just click on the keys back there. Should we just do a test, real old test run on him. Yeah, give him something random dog barking.
Speaker 1: New favorite thing, dude.
Speaker 4: I wish they were wrong every time.
Speaker 3: Me too, Car, honk car, this is a lot.
Speaker 1: Why don't we use these during the show? We should use show? All right?
Speaker 3: All right, hey, look if you don't know, you boys are.
Speaker 1: H ow could chick a cow? Cow?
Speaker 4: Cow? They're slick on the bottom. They're slick on the bottom.
Speaker 3: To covi Is on my feet, that's I mean, that's all you gotta say.
Speaker 4: Man, can't be bet, can't to Covis on my feet, boy, can't be B's right?
Speaker 3: Man? Hey, thanks to Covis for U sponsoring the show?
Speaker 1: Did that sponsored by me? Covid? Do we say that?
Speaker 3: You just did?
Speaker 2: We were sponsored by meat Eater? And look at the suede with the navy.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't see nothing.
Speaker 3: That's mean, dude, I.
Speaker 1: Guess I guess you could say my cos came in. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Hey, we've got a great episode for y'all this week. Gavin Adcock joined us wild Man.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: Wild Man kept a shirted on the whole.
Speaker 4: Deserved in the chair. Though he was very reserved, he was very thought.
Speaker 2: Bro the my guy said he had a business mind, business mind, and he has a business mind.
Speaker 4: Content creator walked.
Speaker 2: Us through kind of yeah, his his his outlook on the music industry and what what him and the team are doing.
Speaker 4: Turning tunes out left and right, by the way.
Speaker 3: You know he said, he said, feeding them, feeding them.
Speaker 4: Indeed, And there was no like real playing. He's just like, I write songs and I put him out. Yeah, and I play them at shows. That's right, and we get rowdy and it's a good time, and I'm playing all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Chugged a beer on top of his college football team's team bus and got kicked. Skyrocket Cali Rockety Viral, moved to Nashville, started writing songs, start putting him out. Now he's selling out. He's playing four days a week, selling these shows out. Grew up on a cattle farm. Cool story, cool cat. Uh, you're gonna love, You're gonna love.
Speaker 3: Gavin Adcotco is a great, great favorite at their gravorite at the end, you're gonna enjoy it. Hey, are we still top forty?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well it's because of course we are. And it's because you guys are leaving five star ratings that we round of applause. That's applause, applause me wissle. So keep leaving those ratings and speaking of ratings, we have one right now that was a five star that is scathing and it doesn't mention Luke Com' which is Great Brothers Hunt remake is the name of this things roast and it is from podcast Nickname is his name. Five stars, So shout out for that. If you lame, If you lame, if you love aimless storytelling, endless back padding, and conversations that feel more like eavesdropping on two dudes who think they're way funnier than they are, this one's for you. The guests, when they actually get a word in, are the only saving grace, but even they can't save the show from veering off into irrelevant nonsense. Five stars. They didn't didn't, that's it. Just kicked us. I like a good kicking man. No, we need those right now. And then, uh, that's a good one. It's a good one. Thanks podcast Nickname, you you're the winner this week.
Speaker 2: Hey keep leaving us five stars, keep roasting us. Mike gets shouted out on the show.
Speaker 1: Hey you know we did that.
Speaker 4: We jumps through up the couple of those podcast roasts, and people from our hometown.
Speaker 1: Got real mad.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they didn't know. They didn't get the joke. Yeah, they were like top Yeah, they keep grinding, keep doing your thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty fun. Anyway, people back home, that was a joke. We're all good people back home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're all.
Speaker 3: We're thank y'all, thick skin.
Speaker 1: Love you, memorir.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's right, that's love much love. Uh Hey, for real, we love y'all. We appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the show, for tuning in, for watching the YouTube I started. I went back and watched some some of our YouTube stuff. Really, it's pretty entertaining. Huh, we do a good job.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should end this more back padding. Maybe we should end this true with the dakovies thing. You know what I'm saying, you just maybe we should just speaking into existence.
Speaker 2: It's one more time you get you get think it's a collus sponsor man shown up, Baby to co sponser man, this is your turn.
Speaker 4: Battle baby, Ma, I'm good. They cost a little more than reads.
Speaker 1: I can't help that.
Speaker 4: It's a million bucks walking around on my feet because the.
Speaker 5: Coat is sponserman shown now, Baby waited us out.
Speaker 1: Ray.
Speaker 3: It's not like we played at.
Speaker 1: Speed.
Speaker 2: The speed man we got former Georgia Southern football playing might have got up on a bus and shot gun to beer.
Speaker 3: He probably saw that video.
Speaker 2: Maybe born in ninety eight, which is is pretty wild for me because I'm usually the youngest cat in the room.
Speaker 1: And not anymore.
Speaker 3: By eleven years eleven, I was eleven years old, dude.
Speaker 1: His album Times were changing.
Speaker 3: Times were changing.
Speaker 2: His album Acting Up Again was crowned the largest major label country debut from a solo mail artist release in twenty twenty four. We Got the Man, the Myth, the Legend, Mister Gavin ad Co count Gods.
Speaker 1: Smelling good, dude, shout for y'all this morning?
Speaker 3: Did you really clean? I was at the chain. The chain's looking good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ex goose, it's a cheap old chain.
Speaker 4: Sure it is, looks he said you. So you just got off the road twenty eight days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got off the road Monday.
Speaker 3: God, what'd you do?
Speaker 1: Where'd you go?
Speaker 3: How many? Okay, there's a few questions first of all, like what what trick did you take? Where were we playing?
Speaker 1: We went, uh, Memphis, Theaytville, Arkansas, bows your Louisiana which you like? Report? Yeah? Three days over to Arizona. Took a couple of stops in Texas.
Speaker 3: How many gigs? A weekend you playing.
Speaker 1: Or sometimes sometimes five we played.
Speaker 3: Make that Bag, Dog, Make that Bag.
Speaker 1: We played sixteen and twenty eight days.
Speaker 3: You ain't married, I ain't got no kids.
Speaker 1: No, it's hammered down.
Speaker 4: That's hammered down, dude.
Speaker 1: That's the big thing around days. It's hammered down. Absolutely. I mean, that's let's half twenty eight? What is that?
Speaker 6: Over?
Speaker 1: Like half?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let you figure this out.
Speaker 1: I can't math.
Speaker 2: I'm just let's half twenty eight. Don't say it, Kevin, because I know you know, I don't know everybody in here. Don't look at anybody.
Speaker 4: Can you restart that clock so we know what's happening. It's half of twenty eight, Damn, I don't know fourteen that's over half, right, Yeah, that's a lot. So you have some back to backers in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'd have some uh Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Mondays we had we had one of those. You need to get onto your management about that. Hell know, we'll play them.
Speaker 2: You ever, like, are you sick at the end of the at the sixteenth show where you're like, all right, dude, this.
Speaker 1: Is we were all uh all pretty like irritable but we kind of like looked at each other and like we're like, I'm irritable, irritable. We're good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, let's get that office bus. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that feeling. Man, It's like you just swamped. You just want to not be on wheels, you know, for a little while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first night of sleep in my bed was pretty awful, was it? Yeah? This is wasn't the white noise and whatn't the interesting? Wasn't the craters that the bus drivers are hitting.
Speaker 4: You got a pretty good bus driver to see kind of.
Speaker 1: Oh well we just got a new bus driver. He's been pretty good, right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I've been on I've been on good buses and I've been on bad buses. And I'm being honest with you, it's eighteen wheels regardless of how you slice it, man, Like, it's just it's just ain't like sleeping at home and then you get home and you're like you're used to the dang bus and it's hardestly in your own bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My bands always like we get on the bus on a Thursday or Wednesday night headed out and they're like, thank god, I slept like crab at home.
Speaker 3: Really you hear that, you hear those stories of of of of artists and and band guys that you know that like the road, I mean the roads you're home, you know, like you're more comfortable out there than you are and in your house. Man, which, hay, more power to it, dude, if somebody's got.
Speaker 4: To do it, y'all mad at anything? Should we do this section?
Speaker 3: I do have one question?
Speaker 2: How what do we got to do today to Not that we're going to, but like, how long will it be before you take your shirt off in this interview?
Speaker 1: I'll take it off. I'll take it off.
Speaker 3: Hey, I had no doubt, bro, I only no doubt.
Speaker 4: But it's kind of he's not like he's in shape now, Okay, Yeah, he's been hitting the gym.
Speaker 1: Well. Past three days, I've had some shitty stuff. We got back and I was like, the last night a tour we had abachi. I brought a hubachi chef into the venue, putting front the stage, fed the opener, fed everybody on everybody's crew. And we've been doing that the past two tours. I'll get a botch of chefs come.
Speaker 3: Out a botchie so gassed, it's so good.
Speaker 1: Some it's some of my favorite stuff to eat. Yeah, I'll drownt. I got I got rice swimming and yellow sauce in there. It's like, damn it. It don't like me.
Speaker 3: It don't like me. I mean, I gotta go straight to the to the potty after it.
Speaker 4: But uh but I like it a why would you?
Speaker 3: This is a real podcast. We were just being vulnerable.
Speaker 1: I don't feel I feel you do.
Speaker 3: But it's worth it, right, Yeah, that's like if I eat taco bell, might as well just eat it on the toilet.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Man, I had taco bell the same don't go, don't go.
Speaker 3: But I mean, like, sometimes an easy cordy to crunch is worth it, dude. Sometimes what's your what's your taco bell?
Speaker 1: Have you?
Speaker 4: You've got expensive taco bell is recently.
Speaker 1: When I got to college, and I know when when y'all were in y'all's taco bell eating days, it was like fifty cents of taco. It was super chic. It's like three dollars.
Speaker 4: Talk, go now, five dollars for a cheesy five bones for a cheese crunch five or you could get the whole.
Speaker 2: They're like, here's five dollars for the sandwich, or you can get the sandwich too.
Speaker 4: Hards Shell talking calling a cheese to crunch a sandwich.
Speaker 3: Did I just say sandwich twice? I was talking about like a meal, like you can get the meal for seven ninety nine or just the just the sandwich for five aint nine.
Speaker 1: Oco Taco Bell Cheese. I'm definitely spending thirty dollars Taco Bell Easy Easy. There's no way to get out from I'm getting. I'm getting a grilled cheese corrito. I'm getting a chicken case of dilla. Oh yeah, I get it cantea cantina style, so I get sour cream and guacamole. They put some different chicken in there, and I get like three of those. Uh Frito's burritos.
Speaker 3: Those are me.
Speaker 1: It's not the name of them because they don't have the deal with Fritos. It should be it should be the name.
Speaker 3: Oh they don't have like the burrito crunch wrap or something.
Speaker 1: Get it?
Speaker 4: Was it ever frem burrito because it should have been.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I gotta, I gotta. I'm not mad about it. I was for about twenty minutes, but uh wait, we gotta do the intro.
Speaker 3: What what you're mad?
Speaker 1: Oh you're going octave down.
Speaker 2: I mean I got to the crud. Dude, what you're mad? Just tell us what it is? What you're mad? And is it you in the Lost Kids? Might be a boss man or your neighbor's cat. Just tell us what your man.
Speaker 4: It's like Josh Turner style. Really I got to.
Speaker 1: Cry short singer off of Ukridge Boys. They always do that.
Speaker 3: Man, all right, what you what? What were you gonna say? We're mad at it? You're mad at it for twenty minutes, I like.
Speaker 1: Just jumping the gun. He just didn't even need no help on it. Yeah. I was about to start the show the other night I had two shows left. My girlfriend was at my house. Yeah, and she was like, can I take your truck?
Speaker 3: Never a good idea, never do. But what are you gonna say? You you can't say no.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's fine, It's it's all right. Where was she going? She was going to like t J Max or Ross or something tight tight parking spots. Well she didn't get the parking spots. Oh she's pulling out of the driveway.
Speaker 3: Has a duly for the record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was hauling cows with it before I to pay for these recordings.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you this, if you ain't never, if you never parked a three fifty, you don't want to roll into a ross's trying to park a three fifty.
Speaker 1: She she ain't have to roll the ross. She pulled out of the driveway and hung the mailbox.
Speaker 3: Right out of anyway.
Speaker 1: And I call her about ten minutes later, and she don't even know what She doesn't even have any idea. I could. I could tell she was messed up about it. She was like, I hit a pothole pulling out of the driveway. I was like, she must have dipped into the ditch a little bit. No, she just hooked it. She tries a little four few and she.
Speaker 3: Just a quick turn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did it it ate the side of your truck up? Or no? Oh yeah, it's got holes in the fen holes.
Speaker 4: How did she confuse a pothole with a okay?
Speaker 1: But yeah, But she's she's texting her friend and she's like, oh my, but she accidentally text me and I'm about to go on stage. Oh no, this is exclusive. Yeah, get you in trouble text me and said, oh my god, we're gonna have to replace the whole thing and and I text her, I'm like, what six question marks? And I just call her. She's like, I'm I'm so sorry. She's crying, dang, and like I gotta get off the phones and like a collar back, like right before I go on stage. And it's fine. It's the truck is just like yeah, but it's just like I told her it was fine, but I was gonna give her some hell about it. Yeah, a little bit. I'm not. I'm not mad a by it anymore. I've been laughing at it. It's kind of funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's like, I mean, I've seen the truck like you can you can you can bondo it or you leave it?
Speaker 1: Who cares? It's like, you know, yeah, it should be a little more trashy little character memory on the side of the brand. Send you all picture. Yeah please you mad anything?
Speaker 2: Uh moles tearing up my my yard?
Speaker 4: Should we do the bit right now?
Speaker 1: No, it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, we'll do it later when we're talking.
Speaker 4: About we got a bit for you, believe it or not, We actually prepped for this kind of Yeah, Moles, man, they're the worst, dude, And I gotta I've got a. I've got a bloodhound who like trail up deer, but she'll lost it. She reminds me like a like a mole dog.
Speaker 2: Now, because what she'll do is we've got three acres and they're really bad in the back of the property, and she'll go back there, dude, and just dig the China son And they're a giant, like foot deep holes all over my backyard from where she'll kill them.
Speaker 3: She'll get them.
Speaker 1: Really, but your yard screwed.
Speaker 4: After you think you're people that run your hoa listen to this podcast.
Speaker 1: Probably not. I wish they would reads made his ho a real mad lately.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, I mean not. I mean, dude, nobody, I mean, I don't care where I live. Ain't nobody gonna tell me what I bush to pull up or not.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I don't want to cut down a tree. I'm gonna cut down a tree.
Speaker 4: Look at George Jumps is already like, don't start. Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.
Speaker 1: What you mad at? I'm not really mad. I really mad anything.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think this morning, if I had anything good, and I really don't. You got anything, moles, That's it.
Speaker 3: Moles.
Speaker 1: I'm mad at huffs a little bit.
Speaker 3: Man, oh man, don't get me mad at huss.
Speaker 1: Why does it there? Debit?
Speaker 4: Why can't you just swipe your debit card and pump your gas?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 4: Why do you have to go in and pay thirty dollars my debit card doesn't It doesn't work there, Dude, I don't know that, Tom, Are you familiar with that?
Speaker 1: See?
Speaker 3: I think that's huge tops the gas station. Yeah, it's like this awesome, the best gas station.
Speaker 4: It's the best. I just don't know why their gas pumps. You can't just go you can bang it and then it'll walk you through. You have to put your number in and all that stuff. Bro, police see cashier for.
Speaker 3: That's on you, dude. Tap tap to pay.
Speaker 4: I've tapped to pay, I've slid it in, I've done, I've done everything you can do.
Speaker 3: No, I roll up there, tap green lights?
Speaker 1: Yeah gas, that's annoyo. That's what I'm mad at all. Right, let's go, let's go, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 3: Grew up on a cattle farm in Georgia.
Speaker 1: Yep, what part northeast Georgia, right outside of Athens.
Speaker 2: Okay, you a bulldog oh yeah, oh yeah, get.
Speaker 3: That to gain him PBR bull rider.
Speaker 1: I didn't know, man, man. I just grew up in the back of stockyards. My grandpa was an auctioneer. My dad was buying on commission in the ring as cows rolled through, and he wouldn't pay no attention to me. I'd be back there with the with all the people working in the back of the stockyard, just dodging wild cattle. I loved it, really yeah. I wanted to be a bull rider. And then uh got a little older, and my dad just kind of taught me out of it, just said that the money wasn't very good for the for the problems.
Speaker 2: Probably not were you doing any rodeo and at all? Like to get you there, Yeah, but you grew up working cattle, like like on.
Speaker 3: The farm, what's it? What's a day?
Speaker 2: Because dude, we're so far removed from that. I mean, like we live around farms and stuff, but I ain't never worked. Dan's got a great cattle story actually working cattle.
Speaker 3: But like, what's a day in the life of you as a child waking up well to work?
Speaker 1: I got uh, I'd wake up and get dressed first thing in the morning. My dad being as underwear drinking coffee. Uh no, he weared, like some colorful like Hanes, like brief. I'm a brief guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my dad was not.
Speaker 1: It's not whitey ties is just too old looking for me. Yeah, but uh I wait on, wait on to get ready. Me and him would ride over to the barn from our house and uh, go down the alley, bring up the calves, sort them. I was a little kid five seven years old holding the gate. He go up the alley, bring him back one at a time, catch go by. What do he wanted to take? We go down there and get all the cows, do the same thing, Load them up on his thirty six foot goose neck and go to whatever stockyard we were going to pull in unloaded cows. They go in there, put back tags on them, glue them, and they just.
Speaker 4: So he said, yeah, yeah, like super glus. I'm just stick them on his They.
Speaker 1: Just go on the back of the shoulders. Some people put them on the back.
Speaker 3: Of the Oh yeah, did it ever get sketchy?
Speaker 1: You almost?
Speaker 3: Did you ever ever get pinned?
Speaker 1: Or oh yeah, I've been running over and hit the gates and stuff and yeah, and uh after that, I just walked the catwalk as a little kid. Look at all the cows I had, and and uh, go get some lunch. Probably in the next hour stockyard start selling. Yeah, and uh some of the stockyards were cool with me getting down there, being back there, and some of them didn't want kids down No. Yeah, I found my way down there all the time. They just had to get mad at me.
Speaker 4: There's always good hamburgers at stockyards, no doubt. Oh I ain't no diet beef.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a big tailgate. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, bro hit us with the hit us with the story.
Speaker 4: Right, So I date this girl, girl, God, anyway, she's insane, right, definitely gonna hear this.
Speaker 1: Definitely gonna hear this. She knows it though.
Speaker 4: Ah well, so I'm trying to figure out how to disguise it.
Speaker 3: You don't say a name, just go So I go.
Speaker 1: Home with it for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: And I think the point that you're trying to make is there's a vast difference between country boys and farm boys. There are They're not the same thing.
Speaker 3: No, they're not.
Speaker 1: We are country boys.
Speaker 4: We grew up in woods, creeks, hollers, river bottoms, fished off the banks, allers, that's.
Speaker 1: What we did, right, We're country boys.
Speaker 3: We did not grow up milky cows.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Whatever you do with horses on the yeah, goats. I don't even know anyone on although that is extremely fun to watch, you man, that's my thing. You know how some people have like their thing that they watch on the internet that's like kind of like satisfy, weirdly satisfying. Yeah, mine, or it'll be like a dude hoof and of whatever, scraping and cleaning it.
Speaker 1: The sound of it sounds like I never see that. I never do sound I'm always.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they did, like some as mr stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do. They like scraping like a certain way to make it so cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: Are they actually nailing something into the don't let me into the into the foot of the it's like the hoof.
Speaker 1: It's just to protect the hoof. Yeah, it's just like a like a so they just put these little nails, all right.
Speaker 4: So I go to mom currently very ex girlfriend's place, uh in the Midwest, and her dad is like, you were talking like farm guy, cow guy.
Speaker 1: She was your ex girlfriend. No, she's my mega ex girl. She is now Yeah, dating then yeah, fifteen years ago.
Speaker 3: So I was like to put a ring on it. They got a million acres out.
Speaker 2: There, big deer tear to take them for the team.
Speaker 4: I tried for as long as I could anyway. So I get out there. I haven't even met her dad.
Speaker 1: We get it. We're flying late. You know.
Speaker 4: I sleep in the basement on like a pull out couch.
Speaker 1: He's waking me up at five in the morning. Sorry, it was like four in the morning.
Speaker 4: It was mega dark, Like I kind of just gotten there, and so I'll make this quick, quicker quicker.
Speaker 1: So he's like, hey man, we gotta go. We're taking cat.
Speaker 4: We're taking You're gonna have to help me out on the terms here. But it was bulls to get to get their balls cut off. Like teenage we're making them steers that day whatever. A teenage bull is.
Speaker 3: Having them into stairs.
Speaker 4: So so first off he runs them at the shoot. I'm in a gap between the gate and the thing, and there's like thirty freaking I mean not giant, but probably sixunds. Yeah, come and right at me, and I'm like, oh my god, this is I'm not cut out for this. Immediately they turned going to the gate that was the first hurdle we jump. We get to the ball cutting place where the vet I don't know what is that?
Speaker 1: Just what yeah, castrating place. We just always I mean there's vets that do it, but we always just yeah.
Speaker 3: Most of them just do it themselves.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: So we were running them through the shoot you were talking about, and then we can come down here. They would pull this liver and it would like plamp down.
Speaker 1: On their name and then they would lose their.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bro, it'd be doodoo and hoofs and tails. And I was like, man, I just I don't know. And like I said, dude, I'm down, Like I'm I'm a country guy. I'll try anything. I'm just not I'm not used to this stuff, right, So I go in. He's like, hey, you probably know this could be total boy. I don't know, but the guy was like the dad was like, if you if you grab the tail and flip it up, it's a real thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay.
Speaker 4: He's like, when they come through here, I need you to reach in, grab the tail, flip it up. It'll put the he needs bull and neutral. I'll reach in, rittrit band the balls.
Speaker 1: See that. Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm like all right, dude, let's get it.
Speaker 1: Cow guy, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just being honest. I don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: So I know, so the cow everybody else does.
Speaker 4: So he does the first one. There's there's dodoo going everywhere, and then he the second one comes Toro, he slams it down. He's like, all right, reaches grab a tail, and he's down here right because he's nut level.
Speaker 1: I'm up. I'm standing up with the tail. Well.
Speaker 4: I had no idea. Dude, cow's got long tails. Dude, they're long.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. Did you know that time?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I grab the tail, I flip it up into neutral, and when I do, the tail whips up into the air, comes by my left shoulder and paints a perfect doo dooo stripe from his eyes, straight under his nose, across his lips and across his chin. And I have an extremely weak stomach.
Speaker 1: Dude, always that we do our own family, that's right.
Speaker 4: And so I'm like, oh man, he's got a dude stripe painted on his face and he goes like this.
Speaker 1: I see his tongue and.
Speaker 4: I see that you can't hell, but like, if you got you know what I'm saying, like, I see the dirty duodoo.
Speaker 1: On the end of this got tongue, and I old, man, oh man, you got a little.
Speaker 4: And I started with so I'm holding this cow's tail, try not to throw up. He's like, dude, David Bowie down there and he and he freaking you know, I'm talking about the stripe got me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a new one, right say that. He touches it and he goes.
Speaker 4: I was like, you got a little, and he's like, tastes like money.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, dude, this males like U. I don't care what it tastes like. And on the way home he was like he was brave heart stripe.
Speaker 4: I think he was trying to size me up on like whether or not I could like run the farm, you know.
Speaker 1: And he was like, what do you think, man?
Speaker 4: And I was like, A ain't for me, man, cows, I don't know, man, I don't know for for Medde, you know. But it was glad that didn't work out. Glad that didn't work out.
Speaker 1: You ever get to your mouth, Yeah, I've had plenty of so that's a pretty normal thing. I grabbed the tail. For years, we had this old wood shoot from my dad built in like two thousand and one or two, when we moved up to our house and we run the cows through there, they catch them in the head. Shoot, you'd pin them up against the wall where you hip throw the throw the tail over there, you go down, cut them off.
Speaker 4: See y'all cut them? This was banding, Is there two?
Speaker 1: I guess there's a long club. They've been banding a lot more recently. When I was younger, they'd cut them. Gotcha? How long for real?
Speaker 3: Do you think out of the gate you could stay on a bull?
Speaker 4: Well, there's different classifications of bulls.
Speaker 3: Are we talking like, dude? PB our championship, World championship?
Speaker 1: One second? Not very long? Yeah, point five seconds?
Speaker 4: I mean on a real one, Yeah, I mean on like old Sancho out there and the pasture has been there for fifteen bucks.
Speaker 2: Like this now even bull right, you're just literally riding it. I'm talking about a bucking one day, less.
Speaker 1: Than a second, not very long, yees. I mean that's just been on me and you're pretty thick guys. Oh yeah for sure. Is that a disadvantage on bull riding? Oh yeah, Once your moment gets going on, I fail you feel that. Yeah, I've been rollerblading before I get I went skiing the other day, first time ever snowskin. Yeah. We were in Park City, Utah. I would have loved to what do you wear? First off? Did you wears and boots?
Speaker 3: No? No?
Speaker 1: I had some. I had some, put some PJS on, some sweatpants. Good. Later I had a duck hunting jacket and threw it on, zipped up, and my tour manager and my acoustic guitar player were going and I was like, I'm going. They were like are you sure? And we're party professional skiers go up there to practice. So we get on the ski lift and I'm like hell yeah, and it's beautiful up there, it's cold. We go to get off the ski lift and it's straight down a hill and I'm like holy So I finally get stopped. So you do it?
Speaker 4: Though, you go, I mean you're not falling.
Speaker 1: I didn't fall. I went about thirty yards, didn't fall. Turned to go down the big hill and this is a big ass hill and I'm like, fuck it. So I sent it go about forty fifty yards and I'm like I'm going way too damn fast and these sticks and started doing nothing, so I just hate it. I got up ate it again one more time and I could see the ski lift from where I was at and Uh, I looked up my tour managers, like, I think you can make it down the hill. I said, man, we got some shows to play. I got back on that thing, went down there, and UH went and got me some breakfast.
Speaker 4: There you go, but you did it, you know.
Speaker 1: Me and Dan.
Speaker 2: One time we're out in Denver with a group doing the same thing. We snowboard, or used to until I broke my ribs and elbow and had about six concussions. We got old and Uh and we got on this lift because there was this one run we wanted to do.
Speaker 3: We've been watching it all day and we got on this lift and we were we were going, were like, dude, we were getting pumped up.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be so much fun. And all of a sudden, that run got like was like down here, and we were like, hang on, man, where are we going? And we ended up riding to the double black diamond at the top of the ski lift, and it was We're the only snoring snowboard. When you were standing there looking at it, you couldn't see the slope. All you saw was like the edge of the mountains. And then it was just like you're just gonna fall off the I had.
Speaker 4: A full blown panic attactor. I was like, I don't know, it's terrifying.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm good down for terrifed. You can't ride the lift down. You know their lights like you, I have.
Speaker 1: To figure this out. Just slide down took all all day. Dude.
Speaker 2: Uh saw a photo of you with a with a buck you killed, and uh was it last fall?
Speaker 1: It was the fall before that. I didn't get in the woods much. Last fall, we were just going and then I had a couple of weeks off and just just did a bunch of different Yeah, killed it behind our family's farm, and it was getting close to the end of season. So I just it's aw nice ten point. It was a nice tear. I didn't seen it. It's awesome hanging on my wall in my house.
Speaker 3: Did you do much Did you do much hunting growing up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Uh, I'll go deer hunting with my daddy and rabbit hunting and yeah, dove and we had a couple of coon dogs growing up. Go let the dog out in the woods. Light up a bowl and it starts barking track through the woods and dog coon.
Speaker 4: Though I've never done that, man, And I've always thought there's like this allure to it because it happens at night, right, Like that's gotta be if you did it a lot, you got to have seen some stuff out there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you see a lot of different animals and you just run up on people's backyards. And we had this big piece of property that my daddy rent and bought and then sold. As I got older, I had a buddy of mine's names Trent Saxon. He had a bunch of coon dogs and the like the best thing you can do as a coon dogs be like a Grand Night champion. He was a two time Grand Night Champion, Grand to Night Grand Night Champions. You take five or six dogs out there, and you go to different properties all throughout the night, over a couple of nights, and it's like each dog has like a home place, y'all go, just like you're playing at home. Yeah, So they let out about five dogs and then each one of them has a distinct bark, so they'll go down there and whatever and gets on the tree first. That'd be people arguing about who's because one one dog gets on it the rest of the dogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're listening for the first bar. It's a race to that trick.
Speaker 1: And they don't. They don't shoot them out during the competitions, right that way, they can just keep keep getting to it. Yeah, but he was. It was a two time grandmar Yeah, and the daddy before that was like a It was like a two or three time Grandnight champion.
Speaker 4: It's gotta be fun there are they? Do you get anything for the hides or is it just coming fun to go do nothing?
Speaker 1: They didn't never get anything for the hides.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I knew it one time there were something. But I think the farther south you get, the less they're worth because they're not as thick.
Speaker 1: You know. It's like Northern Coons.
Speaker 2: Play college football Georgia Southern. What what did you play?
Speaker 1: Nose guard? Okay, I was, I was waying about two ninety then down in the down in the shoulders. Yeah, just we played a either called a three man front or five man front, head up nose guard, two ends or two d tackles and the three and the four eye and then two outside linebackers. I always called it a five man front. The outside linebackers walk up and I was just eating double teams left and right.
Speaker 4: But that's that's uh yeah, I've played that position. That's a You're getting smacked around down there, a lot pulling guards.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you love it or did you like it? I loved it until we got near my last year, and then you see I'm a really business minded person. Okay, but uh you just see. You just see how business it is when you get there as a kid that just got out of high school, I'm about to play college football. The hypes's so crazy. First year we were two and ten. Everybody's pointing the finger. I was like, wow, it's a toxic cast. Play Yeah. In turn, coach gets hired as a head coach. Next year, we go ten and three, We go win the Chamella Bowl down in Mobile, Alabama by the last second field goal. They go to a bowl gain. The next year, I think we win. The next year, I think we lost. And then coming into my last season, I tore my knee up in the spring and had surgery and started writing songs and August rolled Around let out my first song. September rolled Around was half healthy enough to play.
Speaker 2: So I so you released that you released a song while you were still on the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The nil deal had just come around where you get paid.
Speaker 3: To uh yeah.
Speaker 1: Do external stuff outside of football, like it would happen, but you couldn't legally like take somebody paying for your meal at a restaurant, or like somebody just sending giving you some free stuff or like trying to give you a deal. Yeah until twenty twenty one. In July twenty twenty one, head I cut my first song and all this stuff, let it out and I checked the beer on top of the bus on the way of the game got famous. Yeah, they barstool blew it up. The athletic director gave me an ultimatum. It was like, look, all right, all right, right, let's start, let's lay out.
Speaker 4: So you shoot this beer, right some one of your buddies filmed it.
Speaker 1: I guess, uh no, some random sorority girl that my girlfriend at the time knew.
Speaker 3: Okay, were you like I'm about to get up on top of this bus and shoot.
Speaker 1: This, I mean, were you trying to fire a pa tamo? What was the point? Now? We just ride these buses around campus and they do like these dang like battle chants in the bush like just get your mind locked in stuff, and there's they're ragged out buses and people would sit on the top or I want the first person up there. I was the first person filmed. Gosh and uh, I don't know if anybody ever surfed it like I did, ye, but uh, it wasn't playing. It wasn't a stunt or anything. They just where'd you get the beer?
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Dude that was a bartender at the bar that was right up the street flashed it to me and I was like, give me that. He and h took it down. We played the game with all spot touchdown and.
Speaker 4: Then uh, you wake up the next morning and it's like mega famous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, coach brings me in the office. Athletic directors suspends me. I'm suspended for a week. I play a game. My numbers start going up for music because Barstool shouted me out for my music and I just keep hosting it. And they were like, I knew that the season was pretty shit. I didn't like how everybody was like treating everybody. I was like that, yeah so business minded, Yeah, no doubt. So they brought me in. Thought they were going to give me an ultimatum that was gonna make me like settle down. Stop. They were like, you can either play football and be on this team, which we want you to do, or you can make country music and start start now, or you can make it at the end of the season. Dang. So I just told him I'm out. So this is gonna pay my bills and my kids tuition one day. Yeah, and this ain't five eleven and a half. I play nose guard. I ain't going to.
Speaker 3: Leave five eleven half like your boy maybe with those boots on.
Speaker 1: Now five eleven it says six foot on always went six foot six foot on my damn license.
Speaker 4: Now, same dude, screen Tom, This dude, This dude loves the fact that it says six foot on his license. I mean, they just complete both. They just tell the truth on there. You know, it's like you can't it.
Speaker 1: Just I still says, I wait two fifteen, I wait to forty. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: It sounds perception, baby, perception's reality. So you do that music starts going awesome? Are you start playing shows? I'm assuming you find a band. You're like, all right, let's start, let's get rocking.
Speaker 1: Hit up this guy. Then I went to preschool with that played drums in preschool. Remember he probably started he probably started playing when he was like eight or nine. Guy that played offensive line, Yeah, he played guitar. We got together. I hit up the main bar there. They said I could play for drinks. So I went to their competitor and it was like, look, I want I want to play for a little bit of money. Yeah, I've got this a little bit of a clout, Yeah, through a couple hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Dang right, what's up?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Acoustic player never met the electric player. Electric players, acustic players never met the drummer. We practice about twenty five songs playing this back deck of this bar called Southern Social on Tuesday on Syll this week, lying out of the door really yeah, just it's packed, slam packed. And uh I introduced them all a little bit later we play the show Nail. All the songs didn't have a bass player, just drummer. Acoustic. I said, make that, make that electric.
Speaker 3: Sound playing that top string a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And my first song, Ain't No Cure come out that Friday. I think I let it on Thursday. I didn't know anything about release or release cycle or anything. I was like, a song comes out on Thursday, and the people in the crowd were singing along because I've been posting it two days before it come out. And I was like, dang, this is cool. Yeah, that is cool. And I just started letting out songs one after another. I'm average and probably like one point four songs a month since it started. Wow.
Speaker 2: Just AND's funny how that like when you when you're like, make the decision, all right, man, I need a band, you literally just call anybody you know that plays any instrument. You need a drummer, you need a guitar player. So it always starts with yeah, guys on the team, guys, you brothers know all that came.
Speaker 1: I was recording my hometown and these guys were recording on me the first couple of songs, and when I go to the studio one morning, they sent me a text two minutes for long ass text just said they didn't like my style of music, didn't think it was going anywhere, and they didn't want to waste the time on it. Wow. I was pretty pissed off, pretty discouraged. Yeah, I just and I walked in there to my producer and he looked at me. He said, Man, I've been waiting for you too far. He was like, I'm gonna get you some good people on here. So he just starts throwing people that he knew that was around my age at me that he thought could do a good job. I picked up the good ones along the way. Yeah. I've been rocking ever since. Yeah.
Speaker 2: How do you think like from a young age working growing up on a cattle farm, hard work, consistency, you know, repetition, Like does that does that play into your music now? Like like the go getting attitude.
Speaker 1: It's like sewing buttons on a shirt, and first when you figure out how to do it, it's it's the same as it was last time riding the bike. It's just I've learned a lot of that from the farm, just working with my daddy. I just loved having a good work ethic. And then football did the same thing. It's like five am alarm goes off three times a week, going in there to kick your own ass.
Speaker 4: So and and the business is a lot like that, isn't it. It's crazy how like you have people who their opinions up about you, whether that's right or wrong, as long as you keep putting in the work, it seems to pay off, you know, keep staying on the I mean twenty eight days of the road, sixteen shows, that's a that's a prime example, dude.
Speaker 2: And at that point, I mean, look, the songs are speaking for themselves, right like, like it's you millions of streams, you know, shows are booking out the out every you know, out everywhere, and at that point, nobody can tell you anything. No, you know, I mean, what are they going to say that you're doing it wrong?
Speaker 3: No, you're not.
Speaker 1: It's working. Yeah. I just like when I hear a lot of I just drop another one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I know you said that in the right The day we wrote you were just like, whenever anybody thinks that they've got me cornered and we're heading a certain direction, He's like, I just want to right turn that bitch completely different. You tell me about Unlucky strikes man. You wrote that with someboddies of ours.
Speaker 1: I wrote that with A Will Bundy and Eric Dillon and Jack Routing.
Speaker 4: I don't know Jack, but I know the other two dudes. We love the other two dudes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jack's the buddy of mine that went to U. G. A And Uh, he come to town and I was cutting some songs of me and him wrote together and got him. He got him a pub deal over at Warner Chapel and he's been writing like crazy with everybody in town. He's he's gonna write some hits around here. Awesome. Yeah, IVE heard his name before and then, uh yeah, I never wrote with Will Bundy or Eric Dillon. I just my publisher at Sony got me together with those guys and we went in there and I heard Eric Dillon for years. I've been listening to some of the stuff he writes, the craziest sad stuff awesome. And uh, I went in there and I was we were just shooting. I said, Eric, I want to let you know I love that song. Man. I missed that dog and I've loved it for a couple of years now or a year and a half now. And my dog got run over. I come off a stage at Right the Country. My parents were there. It's like a hometown show, like a couple of hours from my house, and uh, my parents are crying. They told my dog got run over, and uh, next week I had to put her down because they couldn't do the surgery on her. And tough. So I was it's all good, ain't. I ain't harping on it, but I was just gonna let you know I love that song. And then Jack Brown said, I didn't tell you my bank account got which about five minutes later he was like, I didn't tell you my bank account got drained and uh they took all my money. Well, he said, I just got it back. It's been a week. I had zero dollars. And then uh, Will Bundy was like, well, I got this song called Unlucky Strikes about some bad stuff that happens to you. I was like, well, what's what's a couple of things that really eat at you? I was like, well, my grandpa's getting older. He's my last grandpa grandparent, and uh so that that eats at me all the time. And then I was like, let's say something wrong with you right here? Yeah, and uh, I was like his girlfriend was a stripper. That's probably that's so that would suck. Do you have any ex girlfriends that a strippers? Not that I know? No, that's a test.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I mean I had no hope either. I don't think so I don't either.
Speaker 1: H I'll that you brought that up.
Speaker 3: We did a little.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think I think we brought our own version. Now I don't know what I do with my don't I can't do it.
Speaker 7: My dumb god ride home like creating God stop and Bar's move in, Slow girls on the Bool Ben rolling snake guys man.
Speaker 1: Something ain't right. Yes, I've been smoking and talking all over Lucky Shry. Keep going. We didn't do too, did we? We didn't do two verses? Go ahead, it's uh, it's gee e minor c Slaw. Yeah, got it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try it. This is our version we wrote this morning.
Speaker 6: My dog Juede, my Jordan's, my yards full of moles. I just broke the tip off my new fish and pole the best farm.
Speaker 3: I hunt, got no turkeys inside.
Speaker 6: Yes, I've been smoking on talking on Unlucky stripe.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, maybe maybe a country version of Unlucky.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we got you to do the real version first way.
Speaker 3: Better me too, Yeah, Unlucky strikes dude, We all got them right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So what's your what's your what's your releasing songs?
Speaker 1: Process? Like?
Speaker 2: How like how many of you releasing? What's what's the time apart? Well, is there a formula to it.
Speaker 1: When I started out, I figured out let out a song of month song a month every two months when I ordered, because I was trying to get a surplus of songs. Yeah, So I'd let out one and I was like, I gotta write three to five songs. So I'd write, I'd let out one right, three to five, let out one right, three to five, stacking them up just so I get yeah, ready for an album. And at first it was just me rotten and uh. I saw my best growth on streams of monthly listeners when I would just hit them with them really And I feel like twenty twenty one was still right before music started like getting let out like crazy. Sure, and it was starting to happen. People are starting to let out a lot of music at a time, but.
Speaker 4: That's still COVID, right, two words, that still COVID or.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so I did that for a while, watch the numbers grow, and I wouldn't let them fall. When I'd see that, I'd watch the I'd watch the graph on my business mind. I'd watch my graph on my artist page, and i'd see when it peak and then ride about right here and when it dip off that that next Sunday. The most I'd be like, oh it's time to let out a song for it. Yeah, graph goes down before you lose the momentum. Yeah, And then got away from that a little bit. Let out an album last year, gave it a little time to rest, which what little time was like three months of not releasing something was just like a lot for me. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I like you're everywhere.
Speaker 2: You're all over the internet, your viral, every video you put up, You're posting sometimes five times a day.
Speaker 1: Like do you do you get tired of it?
Speaker 2: Like is it do you feel like it's sustainable or do you just like, hey man, I'm just gonna roll this thing as long as it can possibly go.
Speaker 3: And when it when it stops, it stops.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's sustainable. It's just had to change up our content some there's been there's seasons of different I suddenly like a nerd when you said it's the game, right, the algorithm changes. You be hitting on a lick and you'll be like, hell, yeah, these videos are working this style of video this one week, it's good quality videos are doing good. Next week, only cell phone videos are doing good.
Speaker 4: Jumps is loving this section right here, This is wheelhouse.
Speaker 1: And sometimes I'll throw a caption above, just a random caption above the video.
Speaker 3: Don't give away your secrets.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's it's basically, it's just influencer stuff, just like I mean, it ain't. It ain't a secret. You can go scroll on TikTok and see what's doing good and what you gotta but the algorithm changes. Like a couple uh, a couple of weeks ago, TikTok was like down. Instagram was killing I was getting like three hundred thousand use a video on Instagram getting like fifty to one hundred on TikTok, which I've got more followers on TikTok, and they'll just be down weeks.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. I had no idea that was even a thing. I just assumed it was just mechanical and did the same thing all the time.
Speaker 1: No, they'd been messing with it.
Speaker 2: Wow, Well you probably got plenty of content, especially like from your shows. It's just like us man like like we're like, man, what can we you know what we get it? But our life every day we're doing something outdoorsy just about man. We're either going fishing or we're on a tractor or going on a hunt or something like with you. I see, I see the shows that you're doing and just how how wild they get and shirts off you're climbing up the speaker polls, and the content is probably not lacking, I would.
Speaker 4: Say, especially if you're playing sixteen shows in twenty eight days. Man, you're probably you've probably got plenty of well. I mean that's where arguably one of your biggest videos getting smacked in the face of that beer can came from with a live show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you see the guys?
Speaker 2: I just want to hear it because I don't know about that. I just want to hear it from the jump. Was it was it open or was it it was like three quarters full three quarters full? Where did he hit me right here and went across my nose? And honestly right here on my nose was sore for but it didn't brewise up. Yeah, I ate it and I said some choice things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I thought, I mean, even on the thing, I thought you handled it correctly, as correctly as you possibly could have. I mean, dude, I mean, it had to take everything in you not to lay that guitar down and just go I mean jump off that.
Speaker 1: Day A doubt that state it was. It was close. But so did you just see the guy? Do you? Can you see the guy's face in your head right now through I just looked at the general direction. I didn't know who it was. I just started raising hell. I mean he thought that I saw him because I looked just dead in the middle of that crowd.
Speaker 4: Dude, I bet he breaks that's I mean, he should have been. Yeah, no, it don't don't throw don't.
Speaker 2: Throw things at the guy. But bro, it just adds to it, just adds to the brand a little bit. I feel like, you know, like the rock show, Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 1: Just brand is one of the rowdiest shows. It's not the rowdiest in country music.
Speaker 2: And it's probably an experience too that people want to go check out. Man, it looks it looks fun, it looks kind of scary, like it looks wild, you know what I'm saying, Like it looks more of like an experience than a show.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, So you got Well, I'm just saying I hope the listener understands also that like, it's not just a rock show. I mean, there's quality tunes in there that the band sounds good. You sound good like it's not just a complete free free for all. I mean, you're still getting a great country show at the same time. You know, like, you got good songs, you sound good singing them too. It's not just it's not just that you take your shirt off, you know. It's that you take your shirt off and good songs at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when we started, I told the guys the other day that weren't in the band forever. I said, Man, we used to get song four or five, I had no shirt on the next seventeen, wait till later in the show. Now we hold it till like the last three songs. I don't. I went out there the first time we played in Mobile, Alabama at a heart We sold hard tickets and uh, where'd you play? We know that we know that area pretty well. Yeah yeah, yeah, And uh, first couple of shows I played in Statesburg, it was hot as hell. Yeah, so I ripped my shirt open just to stay cool. We're inside of co pub and the roofs like this tall overhead speakers are butted up to the ceiling. It's not a very long room, so it gets back there. But it's just loud, hot summertime, and I gotta rip my shirt off and everybody in the crowd loose. So that's just when I'm so now, it's just the thing. It's gonna happen. You're gonna do it forever.
Speaker 3: What about old I'm about to just thin up, thin up hashtag thin up baby.
Speaker 2: Uh you said, like when you were playing football, y'all had these chants on the bus to and like getting your mind right and getting locked in and all that thing.
Speaker 3: It kind of feels like your show's the same experience.
Speaker 2: Like you're getting ready for a game, You're getting ready for something that's about to be super intense.
Speaker 1: Get focused.
Speaker 3: What is the new what's the new pre show ritual that gets gets you and the boys right?
Speaker 1: We do change over, and the guys go on stage, set everything up, They get done, We come in there, we pray, and then uh, my tour manager starts playing Thunderstruck and the whole band passes around four beers.
Speaker 4: Let's give me in a circle because you're warning that struck.
Speaker 1: I wasn't, And we just circle four beers around water following them around.
Speaker 3: Okay, and then uh, it's pretty nuts.
Speaker 1: About everybody except for one guy gets in a circle and we slap each other's chest. Wait, why did the one guy do it? Because he's just just a little he's a little skinny guy, John soft chest chest. I'm I've been like John, come here, he's like you slap him. Ever I've gave him a few little bit. Yeah yeah, now it's now it's a thing. Yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 3: That's that's intense.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should do that right now, dude, just get fired up for great. I'm good man, I'm sorry, I'm John.
Speaker 1: I'll be John. You guys go ahead, I'll play thunder truck. Hey, uh, turn it man.
Speaker 4: You got a headlining tour, owning the Need to Need to Know tour and twenty five you're doing your own thing going out on the road with Morgan Walling.
Speaker 3: Uh what uh what else you got in store?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Like you got songs coming out?
Speaker 1: You got Yeah, we're uh, we're gonna be chugging along and released them at a pretty rapid cadence.
Speaker 3: All year, literally chugging and figuratively.
Speaker 1: Yeah literally, fatively, we're gonna playing a bunch of new songs on the knee to tour and hearing about a week and a half we're dropping what is it two weeks? About two weeks we're dropping a new song called Never Call Again. It's just about that person you'd forget about if everything in the world just didn't remind you of them. And uh, a few weeks after that, we're uh letting out a song we wrote, Let's Go with with Rett. It's a rowdy party song. So as soon as soon as you think I'm gonna let out something that's clean, so you we're gonna let out something it's just a little rowdy for summer time for everybody. It's called on one.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, So it's out Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Never Call Again coming out Friday. Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about on one or no? Okay?
Speaker 4: So it's interesting. The first time I wrote with Gavin, uh, the night before I feel like I'm always talking about my kids body training on this show all the time.
Speaker 1: Actually just one of them.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: But he my little guy was just going nuts, dude. And I told Gavin this before we wrote the song. I said, man, what snap? My guy was going nuts? And my wife said, God, I'm glad you're home. I said why, She said, his bone has been on one and I was like Man on one is a pretty cool title.
Speaker 1: I just put it on my phone.
Speaker 4: I knew I had Gavin coming up the next day, and he came in and when you started playing, you had that riff and that melody already, and it was like the title just sunk in there perfect, And I was like, hey, man, I don't know, I said, this kind of feels we weirdly divine, but I got this title and it sinks in.
Speaker 1: With exactly what we're doing.
Speaker 4: And you had I mean, he had the whole melody, the whole core progression, like pretty much done when he walked in, So to be able to just slide that in there was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a tough song. So thanks for cutting it. Oh yeah, no doubt it's gonna be. It's gonna be a summer anthem. Hell yeah, all right, we like to do you get you take it. You're better at this, explain the favorite.
Speaker 2: First of all, congrats dude on all your success and everything blowing up here. Yeah, and your goaling dust man and like being true to yourself and not giving people think about you and you're gonna go do your thing man. Sorry, and uh, that props to that. Man, that's a that's that's a I respect that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate it. Man. I wish a lot more people would just be who they want to be and not who everybody else wants to be. I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that we do a thing where to kind of wrap up the show. We do gavorite tune, greatest slash favorite, you got one?
Speaker 3: You got one that comes to mind.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been listening to Remember When by Alan Jackson again.
Speaker 2: Rely Jordan's Jordan getting getting the phone out. Tears are strolling, dude.
Speaker 1: And that's it's It's one of my greatest favorite songs of all time because it just works me up when I listen to it. It's it's a song about the the unstoppable, steady hand of time, and this guy's wrote that down. Then he got his phone out for you. I got right here, put my name by remain. I was young, so you time stood still loves all and knew you were the first.
Speaker 5: Oh that.
Speaker 1: Mean love and you cried.
Speaker 3: It's such a good song, such a good song.
Speaker 4: You get over there, you're not crying. Yeah, she's an Alon Jackson fan.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna listen to this more today. So I can.
Speaker 2: You're awesome man, Thanks for stopping by hanging out with guys. I appreciate having us absolutely.
Speaker 4: And like a true cowboy that could actually wear a hat if he wanted to wear a cowboy he's earned the right.
Speaker 3: Cowboy Bill doesn't wear one. Yeah, you ever wear one?
Speaker 4: Stage you should because you're like a legit cowboy. You actually worked cows. That's what a cowboy is Nashville. It's people that know that.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, you're not going to catch me the cowboy at you know why.
Speaker 2: Because you're not a cowboy exactly exactly right. Hey dude, Uh, thanks for stoping by. Like we said, that's tope ring. I'm just now saying, that's sick.
Speaker 1: It's my grandpa's ring. It's got a he died of cancer and No. Five that cut it off of him at the hospital and uh, my grandma died. That's all I got and I never got it fixed.
Speaker 3: Good for you, Good for you, hey man.
Speaker 2: Y'all be sure to check out Gavin ad Cock Need to Tours, got songs coming out going on the road with Morgan Walling.
Speaker 3: I want to come see a show. I want to come see a show, especially if.
Speaker 4: You're playing our song, Dagget.
Speaker 3: We could write one and you could play it too.
Speaker 1: Is good enough? It's probably good enough.
Speaker 3: I'll take my shirt off and you can let you slip my chest before the show. To come on, I get in.
Speaker 1: There some good content.
Speaker 3: Hey everybody, thanks for checking out guys Country check out Gavin ad Cock.
Speaker 1: We love y'all. Peace, Thank y'all. You