Speaker 1: All right, it's time for your brand new Second Date update. Welcome to the Brook and Jeffrey Podcast. We're so glad you're here. And can I just ask after you listen to the Second Date, can you tell me what this guy does is creepy or helpful?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We can put a poll on here. Oh that's a good I yeah, because you look at it with helpful I really really appreciate it. You were his biggest fan.
Speaker 1: I still have you were You'll understand when you hear it. But let's get to some comments real quick. Sierra Taylor five four two eight rote Brook and Jeffrey please say hello to eight year old Taveon in Boise, Idaho. Come on, Brook, you'll feel bad if you don't. He listens every day.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, are you getting black fails? Say hi?
Speaker 1: I never feel bad about hurting an eight year old's feelings. I don't know if you sorry, It's not personal, Okay.
Speaker 2: I have my own eighty Yeah.
Speaker 1: And our last comment of the day comes from Mike ol fifteen seventy eight says, my workday as a CDL driver is so much better. Taking my bumps of love one podcast that time liked it.
Speaker 3: I may.
Speaker 2: You know, it depends on how you take it.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 2: Right, here we go. Let's get into the second date update. I think you don't love it. It starts right now.
Speaker 4: The second date update, alexis when you go out on a date. Here's an important question. Do you do phone up or phone face down on the table?
Speaker 2: I put it my purse usually I don't have an out.
Speaker 4: Wow, trust the guy to be near your phone.
Speaker 2: Your hand. I got one hand in my person. Okay, I gotta touches. I feel my brain.
Speaker 1: You know, if I guess saw it was like a twitch at the table the whole time when you couldn't see it.
Speaker 4: Well, I bring it up because some people think phone face down means you're hiding something that you don't want them to see.
Speaker 1: Right now, I just put it on do not disturb if you don't want text to show up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that it's polite to put it face down.
Speaker 4: Well, phone up would be more like you're kind of an open book an open phone.
Speaker 1: I think it's you're boring and I would rather look at my phone.
Speaker 4: Okay. The whole reason that I bring it up is because one guy cell is at the center of something that could have possibly gone wrong that night. He's not really sure. So let's welcome Paul to the show. Paul, how you doing?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: I'm okay, how are you guys?
Speaker 2: We know where the phone is right now? Paul up to his Yeah, I wait a minute, is it.
Speaker 4: Where on your body? Is that from? Paul? I like that you were confused. Okay, Paul, don'tn't worry about the froll Just let's talk about the girl that you met. What's her name?
Speaker 3: What was this girl? Kelly?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Where did you meet Kelly?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've known each other at the gym and we talked there.
Speaker 1: Okay, So would you say your friends, like Jim friends before you guys went out.
Speaker 3: We're friendly, yeah.
Speaker 4: Jim acquaintances.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm here there for a few months. We go around the same time.
Speaker 4: So that's refreshing because I'm somebody that's like had phones on face down, phone face down, walking up to a girl, immediately give me your blindfold on, Like I don't want to do anything with anybody else at the gym. At the gym, sorry, yes, it's very difficult to go from equipment to equipment. But anyway, I'm glad that you you don't take it off, No, I don't. But good for you, Paul, You're able to talk to Kelly anyone else.
Speaker 1: So sorry, sorry sidetracked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she says, Normally I tell guys I have a boyfriend, but I'm not going to tell you that.
Speaker 1: So it's like cool, oh wow, Okay, that's a good line on her part too, because it's like, I'm very wanted.
Speaker 2: I have to turn men down all the time.
Speaker 4: I'm going to make an exception for you. So what did you guys do?
Speaker 3: So both our schedules are really busy, it was hard to find time to hang out. So we actually settled on a gym date.
Speaker 4: Wait, huh, wait a minute, you're like, let's just meet back here?
Speaker 3: Whose idea that we just kind of both agreed because they couldn't find any other time.
Speaker 1: You know, you guys really can't skip one hour at the gym to get one drink the gym.
Speaker 4: Rats, but together.
Speaker 3: Well, that was just part of the date. So she did come back to my place and we cooked kind of like a helping meal.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's cute, fun too of your health conscious Like, yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: So how was dinner?
Speaker 3: It was good? Kind of funny situation happened where I was in the other room doing the dishes, and I heard my phone beep like a text came through. Okay, And I left it in there with her, and I was like, hey, can you see who texted?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 3: What they said?
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa, whoa?
Speaker 2: Why would you do such a thing? Sir?
Speaker 4: Extremely trusting?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, my girl, I know.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, Like, if I was on a date, my phone would be inundated with text messages from my friends.
Speaker 4: Yes, I thought it was gonna be like all the naked photos that you've taken.
Speaker 5: But.
Speaker 2: No, I said, those already.
Speaker 4: I You and I have very different concerns when it's looking at your.
Speaker 1: Phone to make it is never an issue for me, gotcha.
Speaker 4: So you said, hey, take a look at my phone and tell me who texted and what they said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was kind of surprised. You was like, what, but I'm meaning h they gave her my path code. I don't care.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, right, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: So she tells me it was one of my friends who wanted to know if I'm meeting up tonight, and I answered to respond to him, tell him I'm on a date with a pre girl cooking dinner.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good line.
Speaker 1: A green flag, like lady, I don't know, nomstrated that you're trying too hard.
Speaker 4: Though, It's like, I see, you can see that it was.
Speaker 2: Set up, like, yeah, you had your friend text on purpose.
Speaker 4: At five point thirty text me and I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys are not organized, so I doubt it. But I mean, who cares. He just called you pretty like, I mean right, he's so excited.
Speaker 4: Can you can you tell us was that set up?
Speaker 3: No? Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: Okay, that was good, very smooth.
Speaker 2: I mean, could you tell she was flattered?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure, Girls like being called pretty, right, I mean well.
Speaker 4: And the trust, like you know again, could be too trusting, but it's at least not the opposite where it's like, don't look at my phone, give that back to it.
Speaker 2: It's like, really, you have nothing to hide.
Speaker 4: You're not cheating anyone. Interesting. You probably never thought about that, Paul. But what happened afterwards?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I didn't come back in the room for a few minutes of finishing the dishes and all that.
Speaker 2: But and that is hot.
Speaker 4: Can I just say, as a married woman, I understand why you would think it's hot. But alexis I don't think that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, imagining him shirtless? All right, is this is sounding pretty good? I think did we miss any details?
Speaker 3: No, you know that did. I didn't have anything weird or incriminating. I didn't get a bad buye from her. But you guys alway that if anything weird happened, so that the only thing that was out of the ordinary.
Speaker 4: Did you kiss her?
Speaker 3: No? Kids, but we hugged and she left like a little while later.
Speaker 2: Okay, have you seen her at the gym?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's only been a few days, so I haven't seen her. But I'm just kind of getting the vibe that she's not really into hangout again. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can feel that shift. Yeah, it's weird because you were so open with her, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, and they knew each other pretty I mean, like not really well, but like enough see each other again.
Speaker 4: It is weird to go back to the place you just had a date.
Speaker 2: With a guy and like were just being over eager again.
Speaker 4: We're just all very eager to hear what she has to say when we come back and call her. Hopefully she picks up and gives us some answers for your second date update right after this second date update. Is it possible to be so open and so trusting that it's actually a turn off?
Speaker 3: Does that sounds funny?
Speaker 4: I mean, that's what we're wondering after talking to our listener Paul, because he gave his date the past sword to his cell phone so that she could text a friend for him while he was busy doing dishes in the other room. In the other room, so he heard his phone go up and was just like, whatever that was, go check it. Yeah, And he felt comfortable doing that because he says he's got nothing to hide on there. She can go look through whatever she wants and won't find anything weird.
Speaker 2: Sure, there's nothing that's weird on your phone?
Speaker 4: What are you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: You in his mind, he said the past code, you know, so maybe she found something else that wasn't in the text.
Speaker 2: Right, if she's not sketchy but just weird.
Speaker 4: Paul, is there anything that you're not telling us? Do you have a furry app on there that you left open?
Speaker 3: No, guys, I'm serious. I don't have anything weird on there, I promise. Okay.
Speaker 2: It just sounds like such a nice time, Like, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's the problem.
Speaker 2: That was so nice.
Speaker 4: That was what Alexi said. It's like too nice where it's like, ah, this guy's not even fun anymore.
Speaker 1: You reply to you like reply properly to your friends too, like it can wait ten minutes, like also a quick reply.
Speaker 2: So did his friends as well? Talk about it the worst it's getting.
Speaker 4: Are we giving you a little bit of a complex yet?
Speaker 3: Paul? Yeah? Maybe? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hopefully we can find more of your issues when we call Kelly for you and see what she has to say. Hopefully she picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hey is this Kelly. This is Hey Kelly. You're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Hey Kelly, good morning, Kelly.
Speaker 5: Wow, Hey, you know who we are.
Speaker 2: You've listened to the show?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean for sure, I'm just like on.
Speaker 1: TikTok may Yeah, fine, we'll take it, but hey, we'll take you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe if you'reamiliar with us because of our segment the second ate update? Is that how you know us?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've definitely heard of that.
Speaker 4: It's not because being handsome and so viral.
Speaker 1: Yeah, darn it, Lay.
Speaker 4: But Kelly, we're doing a second ate update right now because of a guy that you went out with recently who's been trying to get a hold of you, Paul from the gym.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had a feeling that might be what this is about when you said that. Okay, yeah, okay, it sounded like such a fun time you and Paul had. The date itself was pretty great, honestly, Like, I don't really have complaints about that, Okay, Okay, I don't know if anything, like I made myself mad. I think you know, you ever do that? You ever hurt your own feelings?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, constantly every morning in the mirror pretty much. Yeah, I'm just like trying to hurt myself, your own feeling.
Speaker 1: A man's following list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they have like hotter people, they feller than you.
Speaker 5: I mean, like, I guess they just did something I really shouldn't have done, and it just it took me out of it. It ruined it for me.
Speaker 4: Oh you, what did you do? Because we heard that you two did a gym workout and had dinner back at Paul's place.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he did the dishes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just really excited about that.
Speaker 5: You're not wrong about any of that, Like that's all one hundred percent true. And I mean, what a great date to have with somebody who you've known for a while and have been going to the same gym with for a long time. Like it kind of all was coming together really nicely, like almost a little too good to be true, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what could possibly ruin it?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 5: Like me, me, what do you mean? Oh my god? Okay, So basically he got a text when he was doing the dishes and I was in the living room where his phone was like sitting on the charter.
Speaker 2: Yeah we heard that.
Speaker 5: Oh so you know about the pass code and everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, And he even asked you to send a message to his friend for him, which I was worried maybe came across as him being lazy asking you to do all the work for him, trustworthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we couldn't believe.
Speaker 5: He did that same Like I was like, whoa, this is like a marital level dr like this is a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it did remind me of like a married couple.
Speaker 1: Can we guess that maybe you looked at other things on his phone?
Speaker 5: Not initially, but your girl got a little curious and I went back for seconds. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I mean, he did give you the pass code.
Speaker 2: Is dangly you're hungry.
Speaker 4: What did you find?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I can't even believe this. Okay, you know the notes app on your phone?
Speaker 2: Oh you went deep into his phone?
Speaker 4: Yeare personal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that gave me like a journal sometimes.
Speaker 4: Comedy jokes app.
Speaker 5: So he wrote a bunch of there's a bunch of drafts in there, and they're a bunch of like over the top aggressive negative YELP reviews.
Speaker 1: Views.
Speaker 5: It's not even like it's not even for like businesses. It's not for restaurants. He didn't find like a hair in his food. No, these are for public restrooms.
Speaker 4: What he's a public restroom?
Speaker 2: Do you think he where? Did he like copy and paste him from?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 4: Like, are they jokes?
Speaker 1: Because that would be that sounds like a joke to me, a review of a public restroom.
Speaker 5: There is zero percent chance like this came from his soul. He did not write this on a win Like there was one in there about like the McDonald's on Fifth Avenue and he was going off. He was like, oh, the hinges on the door were like loosed and the latch was hanging on for dear life like it was a marriage on its last leg, like he was.
Speaker 4: And it's useful because now I know not to go to that McDonald's.
Speaker 2: So you didn't. You didn't think it was attractive.
Speaker 5: It seemed like a little unhinged that someone would be having in this film.
Speaker 1: Hey, I think you're trying to find something wrong with him because you're scared it was going so good, because.
Speaker 5: That's just that's how I felt.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, your feelings are totally valid, But I believe that Paul's feelings are probably also equally as valid, if not more, because they are his private notes. So we should probably hear his side of the story because he is on the other line right now waiting to talk to you. Yeah, I'm doing that.
Speaker 2: And his favorite restroom.
Speaker 3: Paul, Oh my god, I'm here. Hey, you're the.
Speaker 2: Bathroom or he's a toilet? King?
Speaker 4: Are you feeling based on what you just heard there?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't really see what's the big deal about tom out reviews.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm with him, really, I didn't want to play this up.
Speaker 4: A Brook and I do have a favorite bathroom in the city. It's an Italian restaurant. We both had the most instagrammable pictures inside.
Speaker 2: It is so nice to me when people leave reviews. Can't you see that?
Speaker 4: Who are you talking to? Kelly?
Speaker 1: Okay, the doing the hero's job. He's trying to get the public to find a good bathroom to you all right.
Speaker 4: Well, clearly Brooke is Paul's biggest YELP fans. But we should let Paul and Kelly talk to each other about this. Paul, talk to her, tell her how you feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, when you think about it, the restroom tells you a lot about the place she wants to eat at a restaurant where the bathrooms filthy?
Speaker 5: Right though, really, have you ever looked up the bathroom before you go somewhere?
Speaker 1: If I went and saw a review for a restaurant that said it had an ikey bathroom.
Speaker 4: Out you relieve yourself out in the woods.
Speaker 2: In a hole, listen to me. That is clean.
Speaker 4: Okay, Maybe Paul can leave a review of the bathroom mountain in the in the forest where you are.
Speaker 2: Tell me think of how creative those reviews were. I mean, you've got a man who is good with words.
Speaker 4: We've been doing the show for like thirteen years. Brook has never stood up for a man like she has public bathroom? Yelp, toilet Why was it?
Speaker 5: Honestly like you are gassing me up a little bit, like you're making me see the other side of things a little bit.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, Kelly, here's the important question. In his apartment? Was his bathroom clean? I did not think of that.
Speaker 1: Are you asking her to review his Oh?
Speaker 4: I wasn't that excited about it.
Speaker 5: But I will say two things. Number One, it was sparkling clean. I will give him that very clean bathroom.
Speaker 3: However, thank you.
Speaker 5: Number two, I do not appreciate the fact that the toilet paper was facing the way. I don't appreciate it. The underpullate supposed to be over.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 1: You just found a man with a clean bathroom that does his dishes, and you are trying to find a problem.
Speaker 4: You cannot pass up this opportunity. I don't know. It seems to be a pretty big issue for her. But Kelly, I'm still gonna ask you anyway, would you give him another shot at a second date, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 5: I take ownerships like I should not have gone through this man's phone. That's good and so as long as the place you are sending us has a solid bathroom reading from him.
Speaker 4: Now suddenly like the most important.
Speaker 3: Now she's on board, Paul, I'd love to go out Kelly again.
Speaker 2: If they ever get.
Speaker 1: Married, they're gonna rent one of those really fancy port It has like.
Speaker 2: It's like a trailer.
Speaker 4: Your stories always end up in a trailer.
Speaker 2: They always started there too. Freaking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Oh, on this morning show, we don't do toilet humor. We do toilet talk and we take it very, very seriously. Yep, that's our new thing.
Speaker 2: I like it, John John one one.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's slaying for toilet Alexis guilt.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's kind of old reference. I never gonna need to know.
Speaker 4: I think it really came down to this. Somehow a guy posts a bunch of violently aggressive Yelp reviews about public restrooms, and that was a green flag. Somehow, Sure how it happened.
Speaker 1: You nerd out about anything enough, and it's like, oh, he has interest.
Speaker 4: I am happy to see that those two are going to be going out again.
Speaker 2: Though they're going to be so cute.
Speaker 1: They do you hope they calls back and he's like, dude, she is so messy.
Speaker 2: I can't stand it.
Speaker 4: But they do seem like like good people with shared interests, so we're happy to facilitate their next.
Speaker 2: Gully be cute. If we set a plunger to them, we shouldn't.
Speaker 4: Know where the line is and I think it's before that. So anyway, if you want to hear more second date updates the non ripoff ones, make sure to head over to Apple, Spotify, wherever you get your podcast. Type in Brooke and Jeffrey's Second Date Update YouTube
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning