Speaker 1: Hey Andrew, Welcome, Hey pal, Welcome to the studio.
Speaker 2: What's going on, buddy?
Speaker 1: Guess what what?
Speaker 3: It's right?
Speaker 1: Kay, Scott, it's Friday.
Speaker 2: No, it's not Scott, it's Monday. No, it's Friday, Scott. The last episode we titled wrong because it's Monday.
Speaker 1: Well, do you know what today's episode and Hines has in common?
Speaker 2: Fifty seven?
Speaker 1: This is episode fifty seven.
Speaker 2: Then we need to go back to episode fifty six and change everything.
Speaker 1: Look at the calendar over here. The serial calendar fifty seven is on Friday.
Speaker 2: Well, then we have to go back and edit all of episode fifty six.
Speaker 1: Why would we say an episode we.
Speaker 2: Said it was Friday. We did, yeah, because you asked me and I thought it was Friday.
Speaker 1: Because you never pay attention. You hate life, You know nothing. You have a calendar in your little do diddle phone over there, and uh, you don't even look at it.
Speaker 2: You just called my phone a doodiddle.
Speaker 3: I don't want to care.
Speaker 1: Serial. When you hand a jam, it's not lump.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know any song that you play I just assume is lump. Now, any alternative song from the nineties is a lump. Yeah, all ninety two three, just plays lump on repeat.
Speaker 1: Actually, I haven't never heard this song there.
Speaker 2: No, they don't play it.
Speaker 1: That's why. No, it's not in rotation. Yeah, what's going on? When? How you doing, buddy? It's been a while, great, it's been like four days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but in actual recording time, it's been literally yesterday we recorded.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll give away the surprise to our listeners. Do you not want to do this? Because bye, wow, I mean spicy today. We're getting like pretty far ahead now, yeah, I mean we could tell everybody today. We're actually recording this in October twenty ninth, and it's going to air November fifteenth.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: It is crazy, right.
Speaker 2: I love when it's that much like in advance, though, because it really helps me have peace of mind.
Speaker 1: I don't like that because I have a bunch of stuff in the sack. Yeah, that I really want to get out there. It's not so much that it needs to be a bonus prize in side episode, but I wanted to get out there soon. Yeah, So we'll do one of those today, great, and a few more in the weeks to come.
Speaker 2: This isn't a prize and side episode.
Speaker 1: This is not a prize and side episode. This is a regular old episode. Great, we're gonna start with a classic cereal today.
Speaker 2: Did you just cut me off to try and make it seem like you're gonna cut that in post production?
Speaker 1: Nobody knows what you're talking about, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Post production?
Speaker 1: If what's post production?
Speaker 2: Shake?
Speaker 1: There's no magic. We just as we're recording this. That's how you hear it. We don't cut anything. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Yes, you do again. I've said this multiple times. But if you listen to Scotty's lines, because he sits here and edits everything. When he doesn't like something, he recuts it.
Speaker 1: It's not true because you do.
Speaker 2: Because you'll say something like, hey, this box of frosted cheerios is brought to you by what are you talking about? Say it in a different tone, and it's to pick up in the car.
Speaker 1: There's only one time that I did that, and I heard the difference, and I won't do that ever again. Yeah, now I just screw up and go on.
Speaker 2: I own my mistakes.
Speaker 1: Anyway. So this classic cereal, We've been having a lot of this type of cereal the last couple of episodes. This serial is sixty nine years old. Wow, this box, but this cereal? Okay, I really wouldn't be surprised with your basement. It's an original part of the mix. Come on Basic four.
Speaker 2: What I don't know?
Speaker 1: Let me just go again. Okay. And it is a Checks variety.
Speaker 2: Oh I love Checks.
Speaker 1: It's a blue box.
Speaker 2: You know what it is?
Speaker 1: What you know what it is? We go heck, go ahead? What about cereal? It doesn't even make sense in this. It doesn't make sense why it's a blue box of Checks? What variety is blue?
Speaker 2: What cinnabon is blue?
Speaker 1: First of all, cinnamon? You know what? Some guy yelled at me on Twitter and he's like, I don't know what you're talking about, genius. I see cinnabon cereal in the store. I don't know what he's talking about because KELLG does not make sinnabon cereal anymore.
Speaker 2: Listen, sir, thank you for attacking Scott that day. B Send us the cinnabon cereal. I would love to try it again.
Speaker 1: I told him send me a picture because I am not aware that any such thing exists.
Speaker 2: That was like my childhood in a box.
Speaker 1: Well, because you're you know, you're a millennial, so it was still around like ten years ago.
Speaker 2: You can't just put millennial in front of things. I can that it's my childhood millennial.
Speaker 1: Here go anyway, it's checks and it's rice checks.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Okay, Garrett, where's Garrett's not here? Because it's gluten free and it's very little sugar.
Speaker 2: So I really want to do Take the corn checks, yeah, the wheat checks and the rice checks and make it all around checks.
Speaker 1: That was the original mix that you put microwave. No, that was the microwavable mix with peanuts. The Peanuts characters, not actual peanuts. I remember, I.
Speaker 2: Remember you played that.
Speaker 1: Oh look, here's the original Checks party mix, the recipes on the back. So if you want to make your own mix.
Speaker 2: Here it is because it's a really old, like nineteen fifties, nineteen sixties, like stereotype things that you're a woman head to the kitchen.
Speaker 1: In a large microwaveable ball mixed cereals, nuts, pretzels, and bagel chip bagel chips. That's not original, Oh yet it is. There are bagel chips in that.
Speaker 2: My friend's parents actually made bagel chips, and there's checks out to the Wilsons.
Speaker 1: Muddy Buddies. Look, you can make money. I love Muddy Buddies. It's weird because on this box shows all the varieties of checks, but the omitted blueberry that frightens me. Also, vanilla's not on here either.
Speaker 2: Vanilla was not good. It was good with chocolate.
Speaker 1: Vanilla is the best of the checks.
Speaker 2: All right, let's be honest. Corn has been my favorite so far.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Iowa. Yeah, Iowa, the whole state.
Speaker 2: Well, we found out our listeners are from Chicago, so that's midwestern.
Speaker 1: That's right. We have a lot of listeners in Chicago. I don't know how because the radio show is not.
Speaker 2: In It's crazy. We love our listeners who don't listen to the morning show. It's nuts that you found this and are like, hey, these two weirdos that talk about cereal.
Speaker 1: But please check out the morning show. I mean, you know, it's yeah kind of anything.
Speaker 2: Kind of how we have our jobs?
Speaker 1: All right? So still to this day, no milk sponsor, although we've been promised, but I've got nothing. So here we are.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about that for a second. How every salesperson is like, it's crazy. You guys don't have advertisers yet. Send us a one sheet of your show and how many listeners you have. So we say, hey, here's our shows, here's our listeners. We have lots of them. And they're like, oh, yeah, that's cool, that's cool. Yeah, yeah, we'll try and get you something.
Speaker 1: But here I am buying a wholesome pantry organic low fat milk from shopright.
Speaker 2: The lies, the lies, the lies that they tell you.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you how many mentions we've given shop Right. I love them, by the way. That's like most of the cereal and most of my milk.
Speaker 2: And do you know what I can say too, because the shop rate's not going to come through. Instacart is where I get my orders from shop right. That's right, you can either of those could really come through and give us some money.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. At the end of the day, Shopwright's really smart because we just keep talking about them and they're not giving us a penny. True, how about a gallon of milk a week? That's it. Seriously, We'll pour ourselves out for gallons of milk. All right, here's your right.
Speaker 2: Paid yes in milk. Sad my dad would be so proud.
Speaker 1: All right. Rice checks from General Mills hmm hmm not necessary. Mm, that's overboard. Love it plain, simple, not bad.
Speaker 2: This gets five bowls. Wow, Wow, that's good to.
Speaker 1: All the listeners out there. This is not a five bowl Cereal. It's pretty good, but it's plain.
Speaker 2: It's like life.
Speaker 1: It tastes like life Cereal. Basically, what this is is a whole bunch of rice crispi is just all glued together. I love this and airy. It's nice, but you give it the milk actually makes it work really good.
Speaker 2: It tastes like life.
Speaker 1: Three balls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: That's rude. Why it's just not right, Like it's not nice for you to do that.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Can we make team checks please?
Speaker 1: No, that's not a thing.
Speaker 2: When Danielle was here, we made black and white checks, and listeners tweeted at it and said it was a good idea.
Speaker 1: That's for the Danielle Cereal remix. I guess what.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: You can go no, no, no, no, we don't know. No, we're moving on. Moving on.
Speaker 3: Serial killers listener request.
Speaker 1: So get back over here. We're not mixing. You ate them all? Yes you did. I threw the box away. Get back over here, Andrew, come over here. Please. Oh look, I'm oh, you just missed it because we were in a commercial for the Cartwright Indoor water Park. How funny. Get over here.
Speaker 2: I did not eat all the corn checks.
Speaker 1: I already played the stager, which means we have to talk about this listener request. So this morning you and I came in there was an Amazon bag sitting here. Yeah, we tore it open. Where to go? Oh, it's in the cloth cereal. Second that another listener sent us.
Speaker 2: I love our listeners, seriously, how nice.
Speaker 1: The note here says, Hey, Scotty and Andrew. This one had my teenage boys begging me to send this to you. So if you could give Charles and John a shout out on the podcast, they would love it. Love you, guys. Crunch from Lynn.
Speaker 2: Hi, Charles, Hi, John, Hi, Lan, Thank you Lynn.
Speaker 1: Now I've seen this cereal. A lot of people have sent us this, okay, you know on online it tweeded it to us, but I didn't buy it because it was expensive. Even Elvis wanted to do this. I kind of wish he was here because he'd probably want to try this. It's called poop like a champion.
Speaker 2: He'll probably try this on air after this episode airs.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he will. It's got like one hundred fiber of your daily fiber recommendations in one and a half servings. Love it, so put poop on a schedule. Your body's clock wants you to go on time when you feel like going, go before things dry up? And get what I know, I'm not can't read this. It's terrible. Ingredients corn brand, whole grain, sorghum, flour, ground, cilium, fiber. You know, linn, what is that? It's insulin without an as, corn starch, sugar, baking soda, sea salt. I love it. Notice this food should be eaten with at least a full glass of liquid. Eating this product without liquid may cause choking. Do not eat this product if you have difficulties swallowing. Can we get Garret in here and just have him try it dry?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I just got that joke. Oh wow, I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: Wowow. I love your gart until you serve a cereal school and then we hate you. I don't know if you keep saying that he bought us something else too, He's like, I know, I can't wait for you guys to try this new one. I'm like, I can wait that's fighting. I can wait all day.
Speaker 1: You know what, you want to give away some of the Cereal School cereal because I'm not going to eat it. Let's do it, you know what, Just I don't know, TWEETA that you want it. Figure something out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tweet us at serial Killers PC say I want Cereal School, and then we'll.
Speaker 1: Let's not do that because that's going to give Cereal School a lot of like no, So don't tag them, no, don't tag them. Just say I want that crap cereal and I will.
Speaker 2: Figure out Serial Killers PC. I want that crap cr ap cereal.
Speaker 1: We have like ten bags of it left, so I'll send something.
Speaker 2: Out and then what would be really cool is once you get the cereal, if you do a test of it, try it on camera and send it to us.
Speaker 1: I'd love to see reaction. Retweet that for sure. Yeah all right, so poop blake a champion. I don't need to because I already do you know me Andrew five oh one on the ball.
Speaker 2: Thank you for telling me your regular I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I'm actually kind of nervous the fact that there's a warning on this box.
Speaker 2: Know what's going to happen this cereal is going to be super dry, Like the minute it enters your mouth, any type of liquid is gone. It's evaporated.
Speaker 1: It probably needs a mascot strawberry, but I'm not even sure it because it looks very hard and very crunchy.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I'm not because I have to drive home. Am I gonna make it?
Speaker 2: You have to tell the officer. Sorry, poop like a champion cereal.
Speaker 1: Now we're driving from me, all right, poop like a champion.
Speaker 2: Here we go go. Oh wow, these are a little nipplets.
Speaker 1: Huh. Not terrible or thought the consistency would be different. Yeah, I said they're gonna be like rabbit pellets.
Speaker 2: Hmm, that's actually decent.
Speaker 1: It's not an awful cereal.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: Well now it tastes like cardboard, but do not mind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I give this three bowls and the fact that I know this would keep me.
Speaker 1: Regular wow, soy free, gluten free.
Speaker 2: I really don't mind it.
Speaker 1: It says you should also to drink eight glasses of water a day.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Created by Updraft Ventures, Inc. Fie Washington. Their mascot is blueberries and raspberries.
Speaker 2: So if only Greg two we're here to say that that's cool. You don't drink enough water a day, do you?
Speaker 1: I don't like water?
Speaker 2: You're stupid. How do you not like the taste of water?
Speaker 1: You just said it taste. There's water. I drink liquids. My mamas used to say, that doesn't count. What's the difference liquids liquid? Here's what's in it.
Speaker 2: I literally like look at you sometimes and I think, is it possible for someone to be this dumb?
Speaker 1: And then it's I'm not dumb? Why is that dumb?
Speaker 2: Like? Okay, I just said all liquids or the liquids I drink? All the liquids are the same.
Speaker 1: I drink lots of unsweetened iced tea. Basically, all it is tea leaves with water.
Speaker 2: And what you're doing is because it's a diuretic, peeing everything out. You're basically making yourself pea. Isn't that why you drink water to get it out? No, you're not putting good things in your body. Water is just natural and good for you. With tea, it's still good. Unsweetened iced tea is good. But what you're doing is just flushing your body constantly and not putting anything back in.
Speaker 1: I don't understand these things are saying. There it is. I'm gonna give this three balls.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 1: You read it, I said three balls. Oh yes, because you don't drink water.
Speaker 2: Your memory's not there.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you something. Somebody took our bonus box and it's not here anymore. What the little bonus box stage is gone? You know? Bonus b I do it?
Speaker 2: Can I do it? Can I do it?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: Let me just make sure because I.
Speaker 2: Know who I think it was.
Speaker 1: Garrett.
Speaker 2: No, the Brooklyn boys.
Speaker 1: You know they do have a problem with us. You do it's it's actually going.
Speaker 2: Stacks is right there. You can just do it live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here you come.
Speaker 2: Stax makes everything for us and so he'll just do it live.
Speaker 1: Hey, Stax, welcome to Cereal Killers.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 1: I need you to do us a favor. For some reason, the bonus box is missing. I don't know where the stager is. So could you just do it live real quick?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, how did it go again? Serial killers? Bonus box?
Speaker 3: Serial killers? Bonus Box?
Speaker 1: I like that better? All right? Cool? Thank you very much. You want to stick around? Would you like to try some cereal? Do you like sugar crap, because that's the bonus box.
Speaker 3: Like, do you have roasted turkey pringles?
Speaker 2: So gross?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, this is now the potato chip podcast. Actually it's a potato crisp podcast.
Speaker 3: It smells like turkey. That's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Did you know there's not enough potato in pringles for it to be called potato chips. That's why they're potato crisps.
Speaker 2: Wait, British people.
Speaker 1: Well here's the thing in my you know noting about life podcast. This will be episode three because you know nothing about life. Andrew, I'm on every episode. So that's great, says the man who doesn't drink water and things. S Iced tea is a good stepstitute. Well it sure is, all right. Well I'm going down to the cereal sack to get the bonus box.
Speaker 2: Do you know how we rate our cereals? Okay, so a bowl is like one full star and a spoon is like a half a star. So if you like something a lot, you give it five bowls or four bowls and a spoon. But if you hate something, you could give it one spoon.
Speaker 1: Now, Andrew, it's gonna be your your job to turn the microphone every time that STACKX wants to talk. Yes, because the studio only has two microphones.
Speaker 2: And I've told you multiple times we should just move to a different studio that has three.
Speaker 1: But no, he's scared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he says he's comfortable here.
Speaker 1: That's right. Aren't you comfortable in your little hole back there? You don't like doing stuff in other studios. I'm pretty flexible, Okay, I'm all right, it's all good.
Speaker 2: He's a two year old, all right.
Speaker 1: So here we go. It's a bonus box and we're getting into the winter, you know season, so all the winter cereals are coming out, the Christmas cereals and the holiday cereals and the winter cereals. So I was very excited when I saw there's a few people tweeted it. I knew it was coming. So you're not getting a shirt. Sorry. It's a Lucky Charms variety, and I think you're gonna like this cinnamon vanilla Lucky Charms. I love that, right? How cool is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's a limited edition from General Mills. The back is very exciting. There's lots of winter fun from Lucky Now as a bonus Charms, Thank you very much. Was just going to ask you if you knew Lucky's alternate name in the sixties, it was Sir Charms.
Speaker 3: I think that Lucky is a better name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do too. All right, let's bust into it.
Speaker 2: What cereals do you like?
Speaker 3: Stackpin and Watson's have actually had cereal, but og Lucky Charms is up there?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, five?
Speaker 3: What's the honey nut cheerios?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Boring the original o's before they changed them. Those were top notch because o's, in case you never had o's are like giant cheerios with tons of little nooks and crannies, a little bit bits of delicious. Right.
Speaker 1: The original one was quaker.
Speaker 3: Now it's post okay, yeah, and it's not as good anymore.
Speaker 1: No, they've changed it. Oh hold on, sorry, do nothing.
Speaker 3: There's a really focused on folly here. You should just do an ASMR podcast. You pour cereal lightly into a speaker or a microphone.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I know, to sip some tea. No, that's the one that No, you slurped it. You didn't sip. But I can't take that. It goes through my whole body. Just it quivers. I hate it more than anything I know.
Speaker 3: Some people are like that. And I think they're psychos.
Speaker 1: That's the worst sound ever.
Speaker 2: This is the same man again who says water does nothing for him, it has no taste, so he drinks iced tea and thinks that's going to give him all of his daily your joy.
Speaker 3: I'll just think Scotty's voice is the worst sound ever.
Speaker 1: You're a dick, I said that too. All right, here we go. Cinnamon vanilla, Lucky Charms.
Speaker 2: You think, hmmm, well, there's good four both.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if cinnamon belongs in Lucky Charms.
Speaker 2: That does. This is delicious.
Speaker 3: I would say you need to change the flavor of the marshmallow to match the cinnamon. When they added cinnamon. That either need to get rid of something in this flavor or add something else to compliment it.
Speaker 1: I think the marshmallows are supposed to be the vanilla.
Speaker 2: I would agree with that. That's why I like it. It kind of it's like cozy.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I'm four bowls strong.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say that I don't like it because it's sweet and it mostly is just cinnamon flavor Lucky Charms, But I would give it. What are the maximum number of bulls up to five? I would give it three bowls, maybe two bowls and a stop of dirty spoons.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be disappointed to me, Andrew, but I'm gonna say three bowls and a spoon. It's good. But I feel like it shouldn't be lucky. It should be cinnamon vanilla, like cheerios or something like that. It should not be a Lucky Charms variety.
Speaker 2: I think it works. I gotta tell you. I think the cinnamon isn't too overpowering, the vanilla isn't too much. It's just the rain amount of everything in.
Speaker 1: I'm meaning the marshmallows dry out of the dog bowl and you're just regular lucky Troms marshmallows. There's no vanilla to them at all.
Speaker 3: They should make of a cereal called dog food, and it looks exactly like dogs.
Speaker 1: They do. It's called crackling oat bran.
Speaker 3: No, but it should be delicious. It should be sweet and tasty.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, not too terribly long ago, Kellogg's made a Scooby Doo cereal that were shaped like dog bones and they were delicious.
Speaker 3: Crackling oat bran does look like dog food. Yeah, you're right, you're right, But it should be good though, crackling oat bran.
Speaker 1: Is it's not bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fine, but I'm not I don't wake up like yeah, crackling oat bran And can I know that this? I'm sorry. I want to revise my previous day. And Captain Crunch is my favorite cereal.
Speaker 1: Capt'n excuse me, no problem, you're in my favorite like coochamm with milk. You're a newbie, you're a newbie. All right, we're running along. Let's get the hell out of here. Thank you for listening to Serial Killers episode fifty seven. Heines has to pay us now.
Speaker 2: And it's a Friday, so happy Friday.
Speaker 1: Is a Friday, have a great weekend. Please follow us on all social media outlets at serial Killers PC. That's cereal with a Z.
Speaker 2: And if you want some cereal school, make sure you say at serial Killers PC, I want that crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we'll figure out who gets it and exactly we have.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us tax like my Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure, thank you. If you ever want to follow Scotty be his home addresses eighteen thirty four Sycamore Avenue, Newport, New Jersey. Made up zip code?
Speaker 1: Is that even a town?
Speaker 3: I don't know? I just made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, and I'd like them subscribe on all the things.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're on literally every podcast platform you could ever imagine or dream of, So.
Speaker 1: Go follow us there.
Speaker 2: He knows maybe if we one day get enough listeners, somebody will pay for something.
Speaker 1: There's ten thousand listeners a week. Not enough? What the hell with people?
Speaker 3: How many guys? Yes, active listeners ten thousand?
Speaker 1: Yeah, holy right, no one cares about us. I don't understand.
Speaker 3: My response to that wasn't like shame anyone listening? Now? Like wait, why did he say?
Speaker 1: Holy no, it's fine, but we can't even get a free jug of milk? I mean, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares about us. We're like this little podcast that could and everybody.
Speaker 1: Is like, hey, obviously we can't.
Speaker 3: So is he needs someone to stand up for you.
Speaker 1: By the way, we beep it all because we don't allow cursing on this podcast.
Speaker 2: We did once and then Scotty started beating it because his kids listened to it.
Speaker 1: It's not it's just we've gotten plenty of tweets and stuff that people listen in their car with their families because they think it's kind of funny, it's tasteful. Yeah, exactly exactly you can get.
Speaker 2: A TV fourteen rating if it were on television.
Speaker 1: Do you know that in this podcast we think inside the box. Yeh. Snap, yeah, all right, we got to go because this is just really cheesy at this point. So thanks for listening serial Killers. We will see you next time for episode fifty eight. Have a great weekend and until we see you again. Crunch crunch you say crunch there, oh, crunch crunch.
Speaker 2: Nice job.