Speaker 1: I'm big on chemistry.
Speaker 2: I'm big on energy, like people omit energy and give off energy, and we're just a whole bunch of matter and energy.
Speaker 1: To begin with.
Speaker 2: Like you know, if you vibe with someone, Calm down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Hill Are we at week sixteen?
Speaker 2: Is there?
Speaker 1: It's we Holy cixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but then you got to think playoffs. And we're lucky enough that we have Super Bowl this year, so we are what is it December or whatever it is today? December sixteenth, sister. We got two more months and it's great. I was actually getting sad last night watching the Sunday night game, and I was like, I don't want it to end, like we get it, Oh, we're busy or no, I don't want it to end. I get so excited this time of year because anything can happen, playoff scenarios, and then I look at the Lions battle. None of us thought this was going to happen. This not Oh news came out today. The tables are in the picture. They look like the hot team. It's crazy. We'll get into all of this during our big show. But hi, guys, welcome to the pregame. Welcome to the pregame. You guys admit questions, comments and concerns, and I appreciate all of them. The first one is from Sarah no H. First of all, what a fantastic handle this is. It's Sarah with all these a's. And then no H, adorable gift ideas for the sports loving guy that seems to have everything no more clothes, Sarah, if you've got ideas for us, obviously you don't. That's why you're asking. I need an answer to this question, and I don't have it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what to get. I don't know what to get.
Speaker 2: Steve, we talked about this the other day on the phone.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to get these guys. I don't want to spend a ton of money.
Speaker 2: Hey, I like she's messing with you. You think they are lighter? They are lighter. This was my at them at two am this morning in Philly. Okay, for those of you just listening, Michal goes straight to the return monitor here on the thing and starts pushing up the eyebrows. You guys, we cannot mention anything else about our eyebrows. She's still rattled, they look fantastic.
Speaker 1: They love you.
Speaker 2: They're starting to wean down. I don't even know if that's a word. They're weaning down a bit.
Speaker 1: It is a word, you know.
Speaker 2: You are to your eyebrows like I am to my hair where I'm like, I want it long, I want it short. You're like, stop, just leave it alone. It's fine. It's a great leg to legit, Sarah. No, h.
Speaker 1: I don't have an answer for you, do you I do.
Speaker 2: I like what our girlfriend Sam Phipps said, and you also mentioned it, to experience it. None of us need things. We need experiences. I like that you put that in my mind. Experiences, whether it's a gift certificate to go to dinner, whether it's an overnight stationwhere, whether it's a spa situation, and whether it's I'm thinking of one of my nannies who's so cute.
Speaker 1: She's like, let's go on an adventure, like an adventure during the day.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I know, like experiences are way better, but I just don't. That's still.
Speaker 2: I gave Steven experience last year to go snowboarding, because, as we know, I don't like to go snowboarding or skiing for that matter. And then I sent him on a trip with his friend, and the whole time he was there, he was complaining that I wasn't with him because he wanted to go on a trip with me. I was like, well, you're not gonna go on a trip with me snowboarding. I'll be on the beach, so an experience together.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we need a break, Sarah, no h.
Speaker 2: I think gift ideas for the sports loving guy that seems to have everything, experiences and also something personal like it may seem small, but frame a picture of you guys, like, do so frame photos? I've never done that Shutterfly situation. I always want to. I have high aspirations that I'm really going to like start it early and pick out photos. But like those coffee table books, we're getting a little late in the game now, Sarah, And oh so, I think your best bet is send that photo to CVS one hour photos, frame that bitch, and write a nice card.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You'd be shocked. I was on a site today as I was flying home from Philly. A lot of them are you have up until December seventeenth for to get there on Christmas Eve? I don't trust that I'm just saying I don't trust Okay, but I like your optimism. Next sure, okay, Julie Hogland Hogland ideas for New Year's Eve for the over fifty crowd.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm almost fifty, so I would love to hear where about this? Just kidding? I feeling okay, we're going on with the omost. I don't know. I'm going to be honest.
Speaker 2: All I would want to do on New Year's Eve if I had it off? I think I have it off.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Are you home. I just want to go to an early dinner and lay around in pj's. That's it. I love New Year's Eve, but.
Speaker 2: You and I are at a place where it's like I don't really want to, like, go to a party, do any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: So I don't want to be on the road. I don't want to be on the road. Julie. It sounds like you want to get out and get in the mix. But I also don't like you.
Speaker 2: I understand where you're You don't want to go to a club with like twenty year olds, So why don't you do this, Julie? Why don't you get together a group of friends go to a nice dinner, and then maybe if you're looking for something fun to do while you ring in the new year, find a restaurant that has a party there so you're already in one location, because I don't need you move in about town with these people on the road that we don't always trust. So yeah, I would find an upscale dining experience that goes from dinner to dancing.
Speaker 1: I hope that helps.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a nice restaurant early do an early dinner. You could even start like a three o'clock cocktail situation. Get to dinner for clock right, Oh my god, two and a half hours. I don't know why I'm pretending like that's like a big deal. I'm just saying that to seem responsible. That's exactly what I would be doing in the fact. Start now they are Oh my god, Tay Ryan, Jesus Tay Ryan twelve Aaron, what new Christmas traditions have you started since becoming a mom?
Speaker 1: I love that question. I did too.
Speaker 2: We got a couple of gingerbread houses that were already baked and put together, and we had him help us decorate them.
Speaker 1: That was really fun.
Speaker 2: We're doing a thing with like after bathtime, before bed, We're like sitting on the couch together as a family watching The Grinch. Oh cute, I saw that pinch of the exit and we're going to talk about this in the Big show. I guess they've had kind of a big week this week. I was not here for three days because I was in Philadelphia and we are getting our molars in and it has been a trying time in Thistle Andrew's household. But I guess last night he was a little fussy before bed and Jared's like.
Speaker 1: Where do I find The Grinch? What channel is not?
Speaker 2: Like on Amazon Prime? And he goes, have we finished watching it? I said, who cares? Either pressers zoom watching her start over?
Speaker 1: Who cares anything that's tough?
Speaker 2: Imagine, like think about how bad like a toothache just hurts, let alone, like breaking through like the molars.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I got a.
Speaker 2: Real situation that happened yesterday while I was on the field. We'll talk about it. That's all part of the molar experience.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, yep, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're okay. Anonymous.
Speaker 2: Sorry, guys, I'm about four months into a relationship with a guy I met through mutual friends. They've been trying to set us up for a couple of years. I know it sounds crazy, but I can picture a lifetime with him. How do you, guys, define when you know you know?
Speaker 1: When you know you know? Oh, can you start this?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'll aback clean up on this one because there's the things she knows two weeks in. Yeah, and that doesn't always work out. But then at the same time, sometimes it does work out. So my whole vibe is I have been off clearly in the past of thinking it's it. But what makes you say that? How much time do we have? I I definitely knew with Steve, and I obviously I'm saying that and it worked out. But like I think, I'm big on chemistry, I'm big on energy. Like you know, when you walk in a room and it's like you vibe. I don't even care if it's like a girl like you know, vibe with somebody.
Speaker 1: Like you feel.
Speaker 2: People omit energy and give off energy, and we're just a whole bunch of matter and energy to begin with. Like you know, if you vibe with someone now, I will say what I have learned from my previous experiences like you can have that chemistry and kind of vibe, but go through the like non negotiables like quickly, like you know mine are like hygiene.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about kids? How do you feel about marriage?
Speaker 2: Like get all of those things out of the way early and then still have that like thing.
Speaker 1: Go sorry on zoom. Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm you guys know how I feel. I love love. So I would say, do not worry that it's only been like a couple months. I mean, hell, you could be like four weeks. You could be four days and you can feel something, but just go through some of those preliminary non negotiables and then if you still feel like that, then don't worry.
Speaker 1: It's only been for you.
Speaker 2: You could be with someone for ten years and then get married and it doesn't work out. So who's to say, like, don't put a time on it. More like feeling and a little bit of recon Michione. I agree with that there's like a myth out there or some sort of rule right in the dating world. I don't know that seven months in is kind of when you have your massive fight and months and seven years seven year itch. Yeah, So I don't know. I find that to be pretty accurate. When you're like seven months in, it's like, Okay, how's this going?
Speaker 1: Which way are we going? We in? Are we out? So my whole thing is I just wouldn't put any pressure on it. Now.
Speaker 2: I put pressure on this situation when I was one hundred and twenty five years old and I was living in New York and we were dating for like a year and a half, and I'm like, hey, are we going to move in? I don't even think it was a year and a half. That's crazy. I think it was probably like seven minds. But yeah, I don't know. I think you just gotta go with the flow. I don't let's know what we say. Our track records are shit.
Speaker 1: No, I'm kidding No.
Speaker 2: I will say this though, you to know because I'm going back to this ladies, I know sometimes and look by the way, men can get crazy too. Make sure he's feeling the same way, like, let's not do the like I'm so in love and it's like he's like, yo, bitch, we're just hanging out. So you can have that feeling. And I would say, go for it if you know that it's being reciprocated. Like lean in, but I like that. Let's also not be weird. Ohs like how to lose a guy in nine days?
Speaker 1: Sweet? Oh, that's him calling now my landline? Do you hear that ring?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I still have a landline? Do you?
Speaker 2: I did you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You gotta have a landline in case of emergencies.
Speaker 2: Right, because I'm always getting a notification our landlines are going out anyways, and I'm like, why do I have this thing?
Speaker 1: I feel like you gotta have it, you gotta have it. It's really fun to be I'm still paying for cable.
Speaker 2: I can't get rid of cable, and you're styling can't I can't, but that that's just well, that's not real. Uh, sweet ass Anie? Oh my god, sweet ass Annie, you're adorable.
Speaker 1: Week after week. You both look incredible. Look at us. That's very You're very sweet this weekend? Oh wow? Thanks?
Speaker 2: What do you usually do with them post game day? Do you keep them or rewar them, donate them? Or do you have postmark account? I should be following, Sweet ass Annie, You're so adorable?
Speaker 1: Are for you this weekend? That is very fitting for me?
Speaker 2: This week again, I rewore a dress that I wore last year because if you like it, rewar it.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: I let uh Sarah or my girlfriend Sarah. She is great and she's like, I don't want to buy all this crap, and so I let her wear a lot of stuff. If anybody wants to borrow something, your sweet ass Annie, let me give me an address and I'm happy to send you something if you want to wear it. I do donate a lot of stuff as well.
Speaker 1: I'll usually keep the jackets.
Speaker 2: I feel like you can get kind of rotate those in you know, wear a couple of different times for different occasions and not just like on air, but in life and jackets are pricey.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I definitely do a rotation.
Speaker 2: If it moves from TV, then it goes into real life, then it goes into donation or if anybody else wants to wear it. You are very generous about I've worn a lot of your stuff as well. We've shared, haven't I have like a couple of things. But yeah, what do you do with your stuff? I feel like you rotate or donate you I so, yeah, like, yes, Sterday's black turtleneck I think I've had for like seventy years, and you just like I'm looking for a new one because this weekend in Baltimore it's going to be the highest thirty, which means it'll be in the twenties for our game, which sucks.
Speaker 1: Great game.
Speaker 2: Honestly, we're lucky that a lot of brands like this weekend Perfect Moment is letting me wear a jacket, but I send it back, which is great, So nice of them. I have a lot of jackets that I've paid for or you know, people have given me and I've reworn them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shop Bop, I've had a great deal of shop up is great. Yeah, awesome. Yeah, so a little combination of all of the above.
Speaker 2: Nick, sure, yep, anonymous. I have no confidence in what I'm doing. Oh no, I used to be confident in my line of work, but I feel like I've lost my mojo. My boss tells me weekly I don't have it.
Speaker 1: Oh god, oh no.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been in a rut in your career? And how can I overcome this? I think this is normal, one thousand percent normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have times when I feel this way. Not that my boss says I don't have it or I don't know, that's me really harsh, But listen, I feel like a rut is normal in work, in life, and relationships. I got a chance to sit down with Mike Tomlin this weekend, and I got to tell you it was a fucking therapy session. It was fast again. I sat there, thank you. I sat there and nodded and smiled the whole time. And even though he was talking about professional athletes, I was applying it to myself. I think I shared this with you, and I'm not sure I had. Jared listen to this clip on Hard Knocks. He said, don't treat your job. No, don't treat this like a job. Treat this like a career, because at any moment we're replaceable, especially those guys you and I, Carissa, and I'm sure Anonymous what you're doing as well. A rut is so normal. I have been there, and I am very lucky to have my husband. I'm so lucky to have Carissa, Kevin Burkhart, people like that life that understand the job and that I can bitch to them about. But they're also the same people that say to me, Hey, you love this, You're good at this, Let's figure this out. I also think a lot of times reinvention or a different approach to your job to get you back to feeling good or where you were is also involvable.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Mike Tomlin about that said, like with him, he feels that he is relating better to his players than he did when he was younger, because he said when he was younger, when he would, you know, get on them or ms them, He's like, God, these guys are my age. Now he's like, they're my kid's age, and that's how I talk to my kids. So I'm gonna I feel comfortable to saying that to them, not saying that's reinventing himself. But I just find it's interesting how somebody like him his message hasn't gotten old. I don't know, maybe years of the winning that's him hot. For me, I would say it's my approach to preparation. If I kind of have gotten in a lull, in a rut with it and nothing feels new, I'm like, Okay, how can I go about this different this week? And I can actually, you know, deal with it and feel better. You Sorry, that was wrong. No, I think all of those are fantastic points. And why Anonymous is asking this question because she wants advice.
Speaker 1: So I would.
Speaker 2: Say for myself when I feel like I'm in a rut. For me, it's all about or I guess, the lack of confidence, which makes me so sad. I hope that you don't take your boss's word as gospel. You have to remember that confidence starts from within. Nobody can give you confidence. They can maybe lift up what you already have or take down what you don't have. Like I think that if you feel good about yourself, you're going to exude that if you feel so, if it's something as simple as like getting up earlier and getting ready for the day, Like sometimes when I don't feel good, I'm like get up, take a shower, throw some makeup on, or go work out or do something like just be consistent in your routine. I think that also helps. And I think like whatever you know that you're good at, lean into that as well. So if you know I'm very good at to Aaron's point about preparation, like I'm good about reading those articles, and then go back and stay consistent with the things that you know that you're good at. Trying to think of another thing for confidence, because I talk about this all the time. I think the greatest gift you can give yourself or give your children is confidence. My dad would always stress that to us, like you're good at this, you're good at that. So if you're feeling like you don't have that, I think it's also who you surround yourself with. To Aaron's point, She's constantly lifting me up. Steve is lifting me up on things when I'm not feeling great. So surround yourself with people, not just.
Speaker 1: Yes speak on Thursday night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not just yes people, but I think like people that will lift you up. I think that's really important. So I'm sorry that you're going through this. I wish I wish I knew your name, so we'll give you confidence. Whatever you need. We're here to help because I'm sure you're wonderful at what you do and we just need you to. Can I say something, Oh sorry, babe, I thought you were not. No, no go ahead, sorry, no, no, no finish no. I just feel bad. I feel bad that she feels that way because we have all been there, and I think that if you realize like this too shall pass.
Speaker 1: Just go back to the basics on that.
Speaker 2: I love that my one thing, Chris is really good about this with her crew, and we have wow done this the last two weeks, and I'm so grateful for that. Sometimes when you don't feel confident and you're in a rut and you just need to shake things up, go have a little fun with the people that you work.
Speaker 1: With if you like that.
Speaker 2: The last two weekends, holy crap, have we've blown off some steam our crew. And I'm not saying we don't have confidence, but I'm just saying, like, it's a long year, you're together, you're grinding out. We got a short week this week. Yeah, we've blown some steam and like blown off some steam.
Speaker 1: And like this.
Speaker 2: Morning, while we're all dying walking through the Philadelphia airport, we're all like, that was a fucking last So it's worth the hangover.
Speaker 1: Go to do It's worth the lack of sleep or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have to just mean like you're drinking it, just like it's worth the sacrifices if it brings you closer together.
Speaker 1: And also, I don't like that boss of yours. Okay, well we get it.
Speaker 2: Bosses can sometimes get constructive criticism, but don't make him. You are in control of how you feel.
Speaker 1: Is that it? Oh? I wanted more questions? No, there's one.
Speaker 2: Ryan just posted it on our chat Don Haggart. My family and I will be attending the Lions Bears game at Soldier Field next weekend. I'm looking for advice on staying warm from my two favorite gals. Very Sweet and God it's going to be cold. You are the queen of cold, sister, because I get the luxury of might be cold during that free game. But I go in like a about a halftime and then postgame so you have a longer duration outside. You have a ton of tips and tricks.
Speaker 1: Go my number one trick and tip. And I did it for my hair girl this weekend, Kylie, who was on the field. Who's the best heated vass? You put it? Okay, So this is what I did.
Speaker 2: I had my thermal underwear on and then I had my sweater on top of it. Now, it's not the best form fitting look there is, which, by the way, disposable heat vests. I would love to talk to you guys about making one that's a little bit more like what's the word flattering.
Speaker 1: You put it on in between your thermal and your sweater and it's hot.
Speaker 2: It's honestly like a salon pause or a heating pad. You tied it around your waist. You put your sweater on and you're wearing a heated vest. And then I like to wear as long as possible a jacket because in my weird mind, I'm thinking the heat.
Speaker 1: Is like staying. I don't think that's weird.
Speaker 2: I think that makes a lot of sense. A long jacket is going to keep stuff from drafting up to right. You gotta keep your head warm. I would definitely wear a tuk. That's a Canadian thing, a stocking cap. Another thing I do, which I'm going to do in Baltimore, is I wear a liner like north Face or any of those you know winter places sell them a liner, and then I wear a hat on how kick. The other thing is your frickin' feet. If your feet are cold, you are screwed. Aaron Rodgers taught me a fun little trick, because obviously he knows something about playing in the cold weather. You take those toe warmers, but you make a sandwich out of it. You put one on top, and you stick one on the bottom, put your feet in. I even am more of a psychopant, and I get the insold heater too, So I got three a thick sock, and I like I'm looking at the ones I'm wearing a uh Baltimore.
Speaker 1: They've got the fluffy stuff inside.
Speaker 2: You're good man. By the way, if she doesn't, if she she's the coin of that.
Speaker 1: There's not me.
Speaker 2: I'm just worried about what it looks like. I'd rather be me in Cleveland. I was like, I'll do a heel and a very light pant.
Speaker 1: But you're great.
Speaker 2: Uh No, I just don't have to be out as long. So in this case, Dawn, I'd say take all of her advice. I don't look cute. I don't look good in a beauty. I don't need to say, oh yeah, you're no, you came. I even said this, hand to God. My researcher Matt sitting next to me during updates, and I said, God, she can pull off that hat. I can't do the The second I do it, it's like four strands of hair at the bottom, and it's like, then are we tucking hair?
Speaker 1: So it looks really good on you?
Speaker 2: You get away with that, But don I'm excited that you get to go to that game. Albeit Soldier Field for the Christmas game December twenty sixth on Amazon, so I will also be yielding Aaron's advice for all these things. I probably won't take all of it because I don't want to buy all that shit, but I will definitely take advantage of all of the handwarmer stuff.
Speaker 1: I always love when you find these weeks later. I just did it.
Speaker 2: I just found the ones wherever we were, in my pocket of a jacket.
Speaker 1: And you're like, oh, hey, do.
Speaker 2: You know what those like silicit acid things? You know, those little things that end up in coats or whatever like a new item? Why do they send them? Does anyone know what those are? And I always worry about my dogs like eating them or like I'm worried about Max finding them. Yes, why do they have those in things? Does anyone have any answers to that? We are submitting our own question to the pre game? What are those silicus at? Whatever they are? Okay, another idea I just thought of and this is it? Sorry, one more dot H and M snowsuit I wore for green Value. The thing was freaking awesome and stylish. That'll keep you warm and you can lay. I went to look for guys. I went to look for it. I couldn't find it at H and Them. I should have asked for a link, should get it online.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also like that I'm wandering around the store looking for it when I could have easily just text you.
Speaker 1: Jesus.
Speaker 2: Way to make things harder on myself. All right, Love you guys. Big show coming up. We are locked and loaded with a lot of subject matter, so tune in. Yeah, Calm down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.