Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Let's go. Are you ready for a break? Yes?
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Ready for a break?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so much for that. It's time for The Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com. We were on with Mbar Garcia, Brian brought us, Nick Harris and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 5: It's Friday, October eleventh, twenty twenty four, Season twenty, episode number forty seven. Welcome to the latest edition.
Speaker 3: Of The Break.
Speaker 5: We are a live from this WBC Mortgage Studios. At the Start, presented by LGLG is the world's number one OLED TV brand for eleven years in counting. See why at LG dot com. Forward slash O led Evil.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, ready, coffee is flowing today. I just want to let you guys know, I am a million miles per hour right now. So if I'm if I go crazy, slow me down a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's That's all I'm trying to think.
Speaker 5: If if I've ever seen like coffee, Nick, do I see coffee Nick regularly?
Speaker 3: Is that is that the usual? Or is this something that.
Speaker 4: You've elevated today is definitely elevated. Okay, it hit me by surprise this morning. I won't say where I got coffee from because I think we got sponsors and things, but we do. Yeah, it hit me a little bit. So it was black rifle good.
Speaker 3: Perfect, That's what it was.
Speaker 5: That's what That's what it should be. Always should be black rifle coffee exactly. All right, So let's jump in. We got a few things are gonna hit today. We got we'll talk a little bit about injuries here to catch up on where they are there. I have some questions for you guys on the Cowboys matchup this weekend versus the Lions. We'll have a little yetti time with Amber. Not sure what that's gonna entail.
Speaker 6: You have zero faith, I have no I have no faith whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he keeps coming back, so trying very hard to.
Speaker 5: Get me fired because like she keeps doing these random questions at me to have to answer on air, where I have to be thoughtful about what I say, uh, and not just kind of throw out whatever comes to my mind.
Speaker 4: Like me, you were on debate.
Speaker 6: You were the debating competition, so you too.
Speaker 3: It's different different.
Speaker 5: These are the kind of games though you want to just kind of like whatever comes your mind, you just throw it out there.
Speaker 3: And in today's well you can't do that on radio, can't do that on podcast anyway. You just can't do that. It's not the world.
Speaker 2: Anyone I tried. It works, all right, a lot of these.
Speaker 5: We'll get to that in the second segment, and depending on how much time we have left, we may get some questions from you guys.
Speaker 3: I know I've gotten a few already. On Twitter.
Speaker 5: You can hit me up on Twitter at Derek Eagleton, all right, So I'm sorry I should say on X I'm gonna call it Twitter.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call it Twitter. But on X you can hit me at Derek Eagleton. All right. So so let's start first with some injury updates.
Speaker 2: Till Joe Robbie Stadium to me down there.
Speaker 5: Miamis Eric Hendricks still listed as a d MP yesterday?
Speaker 3: So was Nick Vigil? What do we hear at this point as far as they are availability this weekend?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's sounding less and less like Eric Kendricks will be available for Sunday. Still kind of searching around for Nick Vigil updates because, like we talked about yesterday. As far as Green Dot responsibilities, he was the guy that filled in in Cleveland whenever Kendricks needed to come off the field and get an IV And then we're gonna look at some other guys too. We want to no, no, yeah, you can, okay. Trayvon Diggs, he missed practiced yesterday with an illness. Doesn't sound like there's a ton of concern there. Just gave him a day off so that he could recover from that. It looks to be maybe an illness going around the secondary room. Marquis Bell battled it on Wednesday, but he was back as a full participant yesterday. Zach Martin, he did not practice with a back injury that popped up on the injury report yesterday. I've been told there's no concerns there. Jerry Jones just said there's no concerns there as well. On the fan. He's gonna be available for Sunday and.
Speaker 5: Dron Bland another day of full practice, which is a good thing for them as well. That being said, I guess at this point, if if are we left to assume that without Kendricks, that they're gonna be that Damon Clark is going to be the guy that probably have to step up if Vigil's not playing it at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I haven't really heard anything too conclusive as to who exactly will be that guy. As we theorized yesterday, Damon Clark, Demarven and overshown. Mollie Cooker had a couple of days at camp last year where he camp this year where he was filling in for some Green Dot responsibilities just to you know, have that in his bag. But he also popped up on the injury report yesterday. He was a full participant. But it is within that issue.
Speaker 2: They'll not today on that Green Dot from what I've told. Yeah, so you know that's uh, they're trying to kind of figure some things out right now. You know. We have Eric kendricks on one five three the fan like good interview yesterday, Thank you. He's fun interview by the way. You can ask him a million questions and he's an interesting guy, very interesting guy, and so it's a lot of fun. We've been very fortunate that the Cowboys, I mean, with Zach Martin last year and then Joe Looney, I mean, we've been really lucky to have some quality guys do this and and but we well, we knew better than ask him if he was going to play or not. Zach Wilchuck asked, and how you feeling. I'm good, and that's all he said.
Speaker 3: It was a little pod there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so I was hearing, like much like you, it was going to be a stretch that whether he was going to be able to play or not. And then I asked about the green dot stuff, and a couple of different guys told me we'll know today where we're at with that, So keep an eye on that. I'm sure one of our pregame shows will have you know, okay, you know, whether Christie Scales or the show we do here Dallas Cowboys dot Com, we'll have the idea of where that's going to go. But yeah, it's it's unfortunate because you really need all hands on deck against his crew, especially the way they run the ball. It's just, you know, every week we look at the stat sheet and it's Eric Kendricks is at the top of the stat sheet, you know, and you know it's ten tackles, eleven tackles, twelve tackles.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I mean that that does make a difference in a game, you know, and especially with the way that they've played run defense the last couple of weeks. You know, that could really really help you. But with him likely being out boy, that's going to be you know, hang on and hope for the best.
Speaker 5: Let's talk a little bit about this matchup, Cowboys versus Lions. Lions are coming into this game coming off of a bye. Question for you guys, in your experience of watching, that's the question. The question is Russ watching INFL football? How much do you think it helps from the standpoint of rest or hurts. From the standpoint of rust, this Detroit team coming off the buy and heading at and T Stadium.
Speaker 4: So the first game rest or rust, I don't know. I think with this team specifically and just their their play style, it's probably more so arrest type situation for Detroit. I think if you would ask the Lions, hey, what is your ideal bye week, they probably would have said thirteen or fourteen rather than week five, But they got it in week five. So I think with again, with the way they play physically in the trenches, with the way they can lay a hat on a guy defensively, I think taking that rest is probably more so beneficial for this team. I fully expect them to be firing on all cylinders on Sunday.
Speaker 2: It allowed them to get Frank Ragnow back their center and so they'll likely be full strength when it comes to their offensive line. And you know that's something that they dealt with, you know in the last game against Seattle where they were kind of mixing matching some guys. The week off just allowed them to heal up and get their starting center backers really really good. You know, you just it could be. I mean we've seen teams come out flat after a week off. You kind of like, you know, you get into the flow of the game. But I'm kind of with Nick. I mean, this team is so well coached. You know, the people that the players that they have on this team, I mean, they've got some veteran guys. They they know what's ahead for them. You know that you can't come out and you know Dallas has got your attention the last couple of weeks, you know, with the Giants game and then you know with the with the Steelers game. You know, not a lot of people gave them an opportunity to win that football game against the Steelers the other day with being short handed. We'll hither short handed again. If you're the Lions and thinking, oh, we're just going to roll out our helmets, We'll talk to the Seahawks last week when the Giants came rolling in there and went up and down the field on them and held the ball for extra fifteen minutes in that football game. You know you've got to be on the screws every single week in the NFL where you're gonna get beat. You know so many trust me, I've had to do these damn Bett payoffs every week trying to pick a favorite. Oh I got lucky. I picked the commander, so that the Browns are bad right now. So I mean, that's but that's where we're at. You know, that's that's where we're at. If you don't go out there and play your absolute best, someone will find a way to beat you. And it's happened in a bunch in the National Football League. And if the Lions coming their flat and Dallas jumps on top of them, and you know, in a way we go, you know, make it a fistfight, and you know, see who the better team is.
Speaker 6: I think I agree with you guys, definitely seeing mores rest and I feel like this game, it's a lot more meaningful and important for the Lions. And this is this is a weird way to say it, but I'm saying as far as like how embarrassed, pissed off and mad and salty they wear after that last loss against the Cowboys. So I think they're coming into at and T Stadium looking for revenge, looking to redeem themselves, and the Cowboys are in a different position. Yeah, this is an important win, especially you haven't had one at home. You're looking for that and you're struggling with the guys that you don't have in the game currently.
Speaker 4: Available for your team.
Speaker 6: But I just feel like there's just a slight more importance to the Detroit Lions in this game.
Speaker 4: That's a good point because emotional is not always a negative trait, and the Detroit Lions are a perfect example of that. They are an emotional team in the sense that Dan Campbell brings them out with all of this energy. Their offensive leaders bring them out with all this energy. Im In Ross Saint Brown's got this big personality, so when they take that to the field, it definitely does translate. And I think if you look at the team the way they are wired, factor in that loss that was just ten months ago and the last home game that the Cowboys won. Oddly enough, they're gonna come in with that on their minds.
Speaker 5: But does it translate Do we have enough history to show that when they're emotional and they're whatever they are after coming out of that game, that when they come out the next time, it's gonna be fire and brims like.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it depends if you can quantify emotions. But I think in the Lions case, I mean, you saw the mentality of that team kind of carry them through the postseason last year. And if we go back two years ago, they were left for dead in the middle of the in the middle of the season and they rattled off I think it was five or six straight wins. They didn't make the playoffs, but they.
Speaker 2: Kept the Packers out of the playoffs and the last playing for nothing. I'll say this, Dan Campbell could have after all that happened in that game last week or last year, could have just kicked the extra point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he could have kicked you multiple times.
Speaker 2: He was that stubborn yeah, you know, and that your attitude did you talk about? You know? And if there's anybody to blame for that game. Dan Campbell, you know, like the football god said, bro, don't go for two here, and he said, kept telling it, and he said, no, football gods, I know better, you know, and all of a sudden you lose. And after the game his players have to look at him and go, man, I appreciate the trust that this guy has in us, and we got to do better. But damn, we could have just kicked the extra point. We had Dallas on the ropes, probably would have won the toss, probably would have driven down and scored the game. You know, there's a lot of things I think. I think the Lions are a very I admire him. I think they're a very cavalier team. I think they're very And that's your coach. He's hey, we're gonna bite your kneecaps. And he's that guy, and you're kind of like, as a fan, you're like, all right, the Lions, oh, actually got a roar, you know, here we go. But you know, he could have very well said, all right, I'm not gonna test fate anymore. I'm gonna kick this extra point and we're gonna play, and we're gonna we could win this game in overtime if we have.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying to your question, Derek. I don't know if it will fully translate on the field. I mean what we'll see this weekend, but I just it makes me feel like as far as preparation leading up to and coming off of BUYE, I think it changes a little bit too, where you're putting more effort in there and just coming in with that eagerness and attitude to want to go in there and like win this game.
Speaker 2: I think there's a lot of pressure on Dallas though, myself, absolutely, because of what's about to happen the next six weeks. Yeah, you know, I mean we'll see with the forty nine ers, but the Commanders have started to play football now, and then the Texans are playing football. You know, You've got all these games coming up where these teams Atlanta, you're thinking, Wow, catch a break, noon game in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: All good.
Speaker 2: No, you're gonna have to go out there and fight like a son of a gun to win that game.
Speaker 4: Noon game. Kirk Cousins. No, that's a Hall of Fame player.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah. Yeah, I mean it's crazy. It's crazy how this season after five weeks you kind of felt like we were you, man, we're gonna beat the Saints. Man, we're probably gonna lose the Ravens. Yeah, I don't know about that Steelers game, and it's it's just been wild so far. But then the next you know, after this game, it kind of the bye and then who knows with San Francisco, who knows what team's going to show up there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know that's this is the San Francisco. M not to get too far ahead, but.
Speaker 2: But this is the pressure I'm talking about. You need to win these home games. You don't need to be zero to three going into the season. That's pressure. Like you won all your home games last year and now you're you can't win one. That's not a good thing to have happened.
Speaker 5: And I will say this to you to your point, Amber, I do think I understand what you're saying, and I think that probably helps them, maybe steer them steer themselves away from being too overconfident and not preparing. But any one of us you go out for a week of vacation, that day you can come back from vacation, it's probably one of the hardest days because you're just getting yourself back into the groove, and I think I think that's I think coming off of a buy is harder than people think. I think people always give the benefit of oh, they got the Bisley, they must be rested. Yes, they are rested, but they also may not be as on it as you said. They may not be on the screws because they've had this time where they've kind of let off for a bit, they've relaxed a little bit, and they have to get back into that boh.
Speaker 3: And I do think there's something to that.
Speaker 2: The league, The league makes you feel that way because they mandatory, did you have to stay away for like five days? They sometime those guys he would practice them all the way up till Friday and then give him like Saturday and then but now the league says, no, wait a minute, you gotta give them five days, and then you get off those five days. It's good to have a break, But man, you come back, and Derek's right, you're kind of like, oh, man, I can't believe I had to come back.
Speaker 5: So where you would normally be studying really hard on that Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, maybe now you just kind of ease back in.
Speaker 3: You don't study as.
Speaker 5: Hard on Monday and Tuesday, maybe a little bit harder on Wednesday, but that's a little less time that you spend. And again, I'm not saying it's it's probably not the same for every player.
Speaker 3: Every player is probably different.
Speaker 5: All I'm saying is there is a natural tendency among us as human beings when you work really, really, really really hard and then you get some off time, it takes you a while to ramp back up to that once you get back from.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be doing the break by myself next Friday when you take that day.
Speaker 5: Oh, we're taking that day off, those two days off next time.
Speaker 3: They will talk about that after.
Speaker 4: The way there though. There is some leeway there though, because typically on Mondays they come in and they watch film from the previous game, do corrections, and then they move on on Wednesday to the next game. When they come in on Monday after the bye week. The Cowboys, when they come in Monday after the bye week, they are going to San Francisco, so they're getting an extra day to prep on San Francisco in the building. So I think that's just what focus would be there. Yeah, let's say that they are not completely then they're right back on schedule, you know, and in this case, they're just a little bit of head of schedule. But the Niners also have an off week next week, so they'll have the same amount of prep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Kansas City this don't they play Kansas City this next week? Next next year.
Speaker 5: I thought the Niners had to buy after they have they have a buye before before the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Came fairly certain check y'all got me some reason?
Speaker 5: I thought last night on the broadcast the city after the Cowboys game, they got them all right after the after the Cowboys came straight down.
Speaker 3: More people, more people, So we can correct one another.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be a messy game for the Cowboys again once they face the forty nine, going by your logic here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And by the way, I think that's something we've seen in the past, Like we've seen when the Cowboys have a little time, they don't come back always as on top of it is as they as you want them to be.
Speaker 4: So I know nothing here, but I just know I just know McCaffrey is gonna come back for that game, right yeah.
Speaker 2: But course Cherry Rice is going to play that day. There gonna Roger rag Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's Terrors Spartan.
Speaker 2: They're all gonna play.
Speaker 4: They're gonna get Charles Haley on their side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Roddy Lott's gonna show up.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's take a break. Let's take a break.
Speaker 2: We' way off the horse.
Speaker 3: We've gotta take a break. We're gonna come back.
Speaker 5: We have a little yetty time with Amber Welling back Dallas Cowboys dot com Radio.
Speaker 8: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 9: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 2: Don't put off getting your oil change.
Speaker 4: Dallas.
Speaker 7: Take five Oil Change, a proud partner of the Cowboys, is faster than you think. There's no appointment needed and no waiting room.
Speaker 2: Yep, you hurt that correctly.
Speaker 7: Take five is so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of Take five's fast, friendly and simple service at any of their locations across the Dallas area. And remember at Take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: From the field to the festivities.
Speaker 11: Lu Casey embodies the essence of luxury and tradition handcraft with meticulous precision. Each pair offers unmatched comfort and style. Stand tall while you're tailgating or cheering in the stands with the Dallas Cowboys Collection by Lucasey. Shop the collection today at the Lucasey store at the Star and Frisco.
Speaker 4: Or online at lucasey dot com.
Speaker 11: Lucasey the official boot of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
Speaker 12: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back to the break.
Speaker 6: Ogled Ebo is the best TV in the game, but don't take our word for it. Digital Trends said the Lgo led G four has the best picture quality they've ever seen. See it for yourself at LG dot com, slash O Ledebo.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the second segment of The Great Live from the s WBC Mortgage studios at the Star. It's time for Yetti with Amber Garcia. Amber, what you got for us today?
Speaker 6: Okay, Derek has zero faith in this game, but we'll see how it turns out. This segment is presented by Yeti, the official cooler and drinkwaar of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: So I have soccer moms everywhere exactly, no doubt, and soccer dads. Soccer moms and soccer dads.
Speaker 6: Do you know so much about soccer.
Speaker 2: Momser moms have figured out what to put in the Yetti cup there way ahead of the.
Speaker 4: Soccer watching soccer.
Speaker 2: Soccer mom watching soccer moms are smarter than soccer decks.
Speaker 3: That is facts. You're right about that.
Speaker 5: Well, Dad probably didn't need to figure that out.
Speaker 2: He's got soccer mom. It's got to figure it out, all right.
Speaker 6: So for this game, I've handed out different quotes and we're just gonna go around the room. I'm going to read a quote and we'll see what comes out of it and how we can apply it to a story in football or real life. Okay, I'll start off with the first one and give you guys an example when you squeeze the ketchup and the bottle farts. So this reminds me of when Brandon Aubrey this last game was about to kick that field goal and then he gets blocked. You know, you're expecting ketchup to automatically come out, but then you guys and don't catch up any other ideas that you guys suggest for this quote.
Speaker 13: The Phillips, the Phillips, that's fairy like that one, that's good.
Speaker 2: How about to play the dattle when the ball was supposed to go off tackle now it's on the ground and you're like.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, that's that's the sound effect.
Speaker 5: No, I was literally thinking that one because that's the sound effect too. Of as soon as the ball pops out, like that's exactly what we heard.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, so.
Speaker 4: That's good one.
Speaker 6: Derek. You want to pick.
Speaker 3: When you find a random onion ring in your French fries?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 9: This.
Speaker 2: I love rings.
Speaker 4: I love on depending kind of you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'll tell you what it reminds me of.
Speaker 5: It reminds me of when you you lose guiding and and you're thinking, oh god, this is not going to be good, and then all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: Oh, they bring in they bring in past.
Speaker 2: We go.
Speaker 3: You know, I think it's like, that's that's what I felt.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking of Brandon Aubrey last season, like bringing it bringing him in last season, because you remember, at the beginning of the year, everyone was like, this is not going to work, this be awful. He misses the first extra point, It's like, oh gosh, when are we bringing in Crosby? And then uh yeah. He ended up being the best rookie kicker of all time, our first year kicker, But wasn't a rookie.
Speaker 3: You weren't on the break with us at that point. I was not Yeah, you didn't get the experience we got exactly.
Speaker 5: We thought was going to be the worst kicker in Like literally, as we were sitting on the set one day, he was just spraying balls. And you remember, our set is not behind the goalposts, it's like to the side of the go and we were just getting sprayed with balls and we were like this is going to be the kicker this this can't be good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And sure enough he turned out to be pretty dog gone good. So we got that one wrong. We definitely got that one wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ambar had to wear one first to get it right. I mean we were there's.
Speaker 4: So many pauses right now, guys, y'all are killing me. Are we ready? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: When the teacher thinks you're not listening, so they ask you a question and you get it right. Monsie Smith against the Giants, That's funny. That was That was what came to mind there.
Speaker 6: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it was the best game he's had in his career. He was good to a geinst Pittsburgh too. I don't want to discount that. I think the trajectory is up.
Speaker 3: But we were like, we were like, is that MASSI?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was that MASSI?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was a lot of that.
Speaker 4: It's like when you're in class in like tenth grade and the kid that you know is just never paying attention. The teacher calls on him and he somehow gets the algebraic equation completely correct and everyone's looking at him. I feel like that's what everybody was doing in the locker room with Mazie, like, all right, kid, I did his homework last night.
Speaker 2: Could you say about Cooper bebe Yeah, I think you kind of like, I mean, everybody was kind of I think everybody was on Cooper BB, but to the level of, like how well he's playing.
Speaker 4: I think certain people expected a certain level of his success.
Speaker 2: Kind of give up any pressures or anything like that.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's been really good in pass protection. Yeah, he's been awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I kind of feel like that with Cooper BB. We do.
Speaker 5: I'll say that that's probably Kayln Carson in training camp. He came out of nowhere a little bit in training camp, and and it.
Speaker 2: Was that kind of thought he was gonna be good though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, No.
Speaker 5: What I mean by that is I thought we all thought listening to to all the projections of what he was, I thought we thought he'd be good later. I don't think anybody thought he'd be good enough to wear going into week one. We all felt like, oh, yeah, throw him out there, we'll see what happens. Like usually you lose bland and you're like, I don't I don't know, We're I don't know what they're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: I don't think it was that feeling because in training camp, Kaylen Carson made all of us feel a lot more secure in the fact that we thought he could handle it.
Speaker 4: Is corner one of those positions that you look at and this is probably a deeper, fur ast me question that might hijack the whole game here. It's corner, one of these positions that you feel like, uh, you either played or you can either play it or you can't.
Speaker 3: I think there's so so you mean like when you come in, you're you are what you are?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And innocence, innocence trying to think if.
Speaker 5: I've seen that in history, Like from the standpoint of somebody being good, I think of Orlando Scandrick, who at first I don't know if he was as good as he ended up being.
Speaker 2: What do you do you.
Speaker 5: Remember that, Brian, Yeah, it seemed like he had a little bit of time. It took him to kind of get acclimated, and then he was pretty good for a lot of years.
Speaker 2: Because everybody thought the kid that they took from Central Florida Jenkins. Yeah, yeah, everybody was thinking that Jenkins was gonna be that guy Jenkins, Shenkins, Jenkins and then Scandrick actually turned out as a fifth round player to be a better player, yeah than Jenkins. So that makes some sense. Yeah, absolutely absolutely. All right, here's one for you. When you try a risky new fashion trend and the streets love it, you try a risky new fashion trend in the streets.
Speaker 5: Would that be the drafting of Michael Parsons. He felt like he was not, Like there were a lot of teams that could have taken him. Yeah, And I don't think I don't to be honestly, I don't even know if Dallas Cowboys really wanted him as high as they they traded. Yes, they were going to pick, and then they ended up with something that obviously everybody.
Speaker 2: They were looking at those corners, Yeah, they were looking at Tan and Horn, and then all of a sudden those guys went in front of him that very well could be you know, the whole thing. I think Micah Parsons. The thoughts about Michah Parsons changed when they made him an end and he wasn't. He was like draft as an off ball linebacker, and everybody was like, well, good pick, could be a solid pick, you know, and all of a sudden, tank gets hurt, and now he's playing it. He's rushing and you're like, wait a minute, he could rush that kind of thing.
Speaker 5: So and that's your answer, right in moving him to defensive end. That's the thing that you did risky. And then all of a sudden the streets love it.
Speaker 2: Right. That's that's very good. That is a very good one. It might be the best one.
Speaker 6: I don't have any other one for that, but okay, here's the next one. When you try to catch a grape in your mouth and he bounces off your tooth. To me, this reminds me sometimes of when you're confirming. It reminds me sometimes when I'm watching turping trying to return and and he's catching the ball and then you think he's about to go off, and then sometimes he just dances around for a little bit and it's just like the play.
Speaker 2: It didn't cut it much. I kind of thought this was a past to span Ford and sometimes goes right and the other just kind of your face. I kind of feel like that's you know, a great caught it. Throw another one. It hits me in the eye, It hits my foread, you know that kind of it kind of feel like that's like sometimes you go with the spa Ford you just don't know. It might go right where it needs to go, or it might not, or it might not.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 3: Here, I got another one.
Speaker 5: When you ask Alexa a simple question and she gives you an attitude?
Speaker 4: Perfect What happens.
Speaker 3: When you ask Alexa a simple question and.
Speaker 4: Here's the one asking the question. Yeah, yeah, I was, I was the one being a dramatic. Let me think when you ask a question, Alexa gives you an attitude. I think Trayvon gives probably the most attitude and and uh press availabilities. I have nothing that gets travon, but it just just you think, Yeah, I think of like the assessment if I had to assess everybody in the locker room that talks routinely, Trayvon probably has the most, but it's very subtle attitude. Somebody will ask him a question, he'll just kind of give that side.
Speaker 5: I like, yeah, like, I don't know what you're trying to say, but that was kind of dumb, but whatever.
Speaker 2: I kind of feel like any discussion you have about dak mm hmm. You know that's kind of where I mean, somebody somebody's gonna give you. We wait you don't want him to you don't like him as a quarterback. No, I mean, I'm just trying to Oh, well, he's somebody's always going to give you an attitude. When you ask somebody, whether in the media or fan whatever about it, have a Dak question, they give you the they give you an attitude coming back. Nobody know it's all. It's very defensive. I think when you have a Dak discussion with the good or the.
Speaker 4: Bad man Twitter Dak discourses, Yeah, it'll never end. It'll never ever end.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I say, you bring up the word just this one word Curtains with Jerry.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I had it the other day.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get something back. He does not like that conversa the other day. I mean, he's like their son everywhere. This is not new to the world, the sun everywhere.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Curtain doesn't like Curtain Stadium.
Speaker 4: That conversation. Ready, Okay, does it have to be Cowboys related, because I have a good one that's just NFL related. Go ahead, Okay. When you peel a banana and there's a bruise on it, Deshaun Watson's guaranteed contract of whatever whatever that number is, because that is that's a big bruise on that banana.
Speaker 5: So many ways to go with that, and I'm gonna leave it all alone.
Speaker 3: We'll leave that alone. Let's move on in the next, next.
Speaker 2: Next. When someone's contract, Yeah, when someone is giving you directions and starts using words like east and west, it's gotta be McCarthy in the word salad he has he does. He always like, he'll say something you're.
Speaker 4: Like, well, it's like anything, you just take it east.
Speaker 2: You just gotta get you know, has to do with the secondary and that's two level read. And then you know he's always something going.
Speaker 6: I mean, good meet Jerry too, because he won't do ray the conversation and then you go into some crazy stories.
Speaker 4: I mean they're always funny.
Speaker 5: But I actually think he does that on purpose too. I think when Jerry doesn't want to talk about something, I think he just takes that conversation right over here and he's just got to tell you a story. Parcells used to do that a lot in his prescott. If you didn't want to talk about something, he would take you into this story. And by the time he finished the story, you'd be like, man, that was such an awesome story, and you forgot all about the question you really asked because you were just enamored with this story he told you.
Speaker 3: I think they all do that when they want to get away from whatever it is.
Speaker 4: How I feel about Brian's parcels stories too.
Speaker 2: Man, that's trauma.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Do we still do one more? You guys? Maybe another one when you find the perfect rock to skip but mess up the throw?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 4: What did I just say?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 4: What did I just say earlier?
Speaker 6: It was a quarterback?
Speaker 4: Trey Lance?
Speaker 2: Yeah, very well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good injury, right there, Trey Lance. That's appreciate you guys for that. That was a good game. Member. We made it through, and I think we're all still in tech. I think I will not get any phone calls or text messages about this.
Speaker 3: I have and to this point. So we're good.
Speaker 5: All right, let's get into the final segment. We're going to take our final break. Come back.
Speaker 3: I got a couple more questions for you guys, and we'll get the picks. We'll be back Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 5: If you can't be at the stadium, there's no better way to watch your Cowboys than on an lg.
Speaker 3: O lead EVO TV. That's because everything you see is more lifelike. Every play, every hit, I mean, you might just will be on the sidelines. That's how clear it is.
Speaker 14: It's all thanks to LG's legendary technology, perfect black over eight point three million self lit pixels.
Speaker 4: No one comes close.
Speaker 9: Lg O led Evo is the best TV in the game for a reason.
Speaker 3: See for yourself at LG dot com slash o Lead Evil.
Speaker 14: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and.
Speaker 2: Off the field.
Speaker 14: Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit Unitedagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 4: If you shout how about them Cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet. Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone. The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 2: And we're going to overtie Erica.
Speaker 3: How much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 15: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Erica by your Side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may very digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for qualit assurance, Message data, RaSE and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 8: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G Fast, reliable, secure five.
Speaker 9: G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your areas. See add dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 4: Back to the.
Speaker 6: Break at n T connecting changes everything.
Speaker 5: Welcome back, final segment of the Break live from the s w BC Mortgage studios. At the start of the segments brought to you by blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll take that ding.
Speaker 5: All right, got a couple of questions for you guys before we make our picks for the week.
Speaker 3: First question, rank these offensive.
Speaker 5: Threats for Detroit. I want you to rank them from least to most concerning. I'man Ross, Saint Brown, Jamison Williams, Sam Laporta, Jamiir Gibbs, David Montgomery.
Speaker 4: Oh God, I'm going to go. I'm gonna go. Gibbs, Montgomery.
Speaker 3: What gives the least the disrespect?
Speaker 4: Yeah, St Brown Coffee. Yeah, it's the coffee. Saint Brown, Laporta, Williams, Montgomery, Gibbs.
Speaker 5: Huh, that's interesting you put Williams above Saint Brown and Laporta.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The big playability and Dallas the secondary has definitely been prone to giving up those big plays. And if they're looking for a big yeah, Rashid Shaheed, Rashid Stateman. They've been to this year and there were two costly ones, absolutely.
Speaker 5: But they've been two and I saw the stat on our Next Gen Sets website. They've only Cowboys have only given up two big plays that were twenty plus yard air yards. Two of those plays out of twenty opportunities when when teams have taken shot. So when you said, yes, you're right, we remember those plays because those plays were huge. But when you think about the grand scheme of how many times teams have tried it and been successful, Dallas has done pretty good job of stopping teams from having big plays on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The more so the thing is for me is I would rather have Alman Ross Saint Brown have ten receptions for seventy yards than Jamis and Williams have two for ninety five. That's just kind of how I'm fair.
Speaker 16: That's fair, that's not right. I appreciate that. That's some draft show love right there.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's Williams, Montgomery, Laporta, Saint Brown, and then Gibbs for.
Speaker 3: Me, okay, and to give me some clarity on on why you think that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't think they're They very well could try and throw the ball deep, but they don't. They just don't run vertical routes. That's there. But they could watch tape like everybody else and say, you know what, we're going to take a shot. Williams even running across the field on the move, throwing him run after catch is still huge, But I kind of see him more as that downfield type of guy potentially in the big play that way. So I'm gonna take my chances with that. Montgomery I think is good. I just you know, as as a complimentary back. I mean, he's still the power and the ability to run inside outside, and he's just a physical guy. I feel like though with Laporta, that he's a guy that you're going to have to find a way. You almost have to treat him like a wide receiver. You know, how is Jordan Lewis going to get some coverage snaps. You're going to put a safety on him. Can hook or handle him? Can Wilson handle him? You know the linebackers. Kendricks is one of your better cover guys. Now he's probably going to be out, so that's going to be a problem. I think the thing was Saint Brown, all those inbreaking routes, run after catch, you know when when they need a big play, and the dude even throws for touchdowns. You know the Philly special that they ran in the Seattle game. But Gibbs is this I just worry about Gibbs. Just keep handing him the ball, handing the ball. I mean, I know our guys are Our morning show had on Dan Miller, who does the Lions play by play, and and he was you know, they asked the question, hey, is this guy, can they can you run the ball forty times? And he goes, you know, if if they feel like that they can do it, Yeah, they'll run the ball forty times. I worry something like.
Speaker 3: I got too capable back.
Speaker 2: I do. I worry about Gibbs and just how explosive he can be in this game.
Speaker 6: Okay, I would have to go with Montgomery, Gibbs, Saint Brown, Williams. No, actually I would do Laporta Williams. I think that's not everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Running Game. You said they're gonna they're gonna bottle.
Speaker 2: The Running Game.
Speaker 6: I mean is it's been the biggest thing I think that the Cowboys struggle with. So I have to whoever it is, I'm gonna put them first because I do think this is going to be a struggle for the especially.
Speaker 3: You did just most to Lease.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, okay, so that's fine.
Speaker 5: I would just make sure because in my mind I was like I thought you were That's what I think we all would think what you were saying, the running backs or the least.
Speaker 2: No, no, sorry, should survey about if the boss is clear, if the survey asked your boss clear and concise?
Speaker 6: All right, No, I mean that's not usually you know, that's what you start a list. I don't know to bottom, I'm glad we all agree against Derek on this case, but no, absolutely with the and also with Kendricks potentially not being in there. I think it just brings more attention to the running game being harder or more difficult to take care of in a game like this, so they would top higher. Yeah, and then the rest I mean Laporta. That's another area that I think that it could potentially hurt the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: For me, I just trust the secondary. I think that was more so much reasoning I do.
Speaker 2: No, I'm serious and smart. I'm glad you do.
Speaker 4: Deron Bland coming back, whether it be twenty five thirty snaps, whatever it is, treyvon Diggs, it looks like he's back to full form. It looks like he's hit the ground running. I think these safeties have cleaned it up in these last couple of weeks. I still would like to see more Marquise bell on passing downs, but nevertheless, I trust the second area.
Speaker 2: Would you if you're going to play, if you're going to play Bland for say, twenty twenty five plays, would you put him on Laporta every single time?
Speaker 4: No? Because I trust I trust leafel Over shown Okay, Wilson, Okay, Wilson.
Speaker 5: I would actually mix it up. I wouldn't show him the same look, so I would do a little bit of that. I may use a little bit of Bland. I may use a little bit of Jordan, like I'd mix it up on Laporter and just make sure that they don't know what I'm doing with Laporter.
Speaker 3: They can't get a.
Speaker 5: Beat on it, so that they can't really they know every given.
Speaker 3: Play could be a little different.
Speaker 5: So I have to think about that and hopefully that takes him out of the game a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe somebody that's not as quick and doesn't run as fast get kind of Bland back in the game. That's kind of what I was thinking.
Speaker 4: They look at Jamison Williams.
Speaker 2: Don't don't put him on Jamie because he'll run by.
Speaker 3: Is there anybody can match his speed in the secondary?
Speaker 4: Not really? I mean you got the you got the length of Trayvon Diggs. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I wouldn't let him get started though, he can free access and routes, man, he can kill you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, one other real quick question before we do our picks. If Detroit can effectively limit CD after you hit him. Last year for a big day, he had thirteen catches two hundred twenty seven yards, including a ninety two yard touchdown. So so obviously he's going to be a target for them. Yeah, who has the better chance of making them pay for doing for paying extra attention to CD Between Jake Ferguson, Jaylen Tolbert, Cavanti Turpin and Ricodowbele.
Speaker 4: I would like to I'd like to look at Jake Ferguson. I think this is an opportunity for him. Linebacker depth is dealing with some injuries. They got a guy on IR. I think they could. You could look at Jake Ferguson, but also you gotta fight factor in the Brian Branch problem, and that's just going to bed. That's gonna be weird because he does something different every week. It feels like, so if he's on Jake Ferguson, then maybe it's shaling Tolbert. But I think there can be another guy in this game that can that can be Dak's reliable weapon. But I also think Seed's gonna have a day, so we'll see Colbert overt. Yeah, I would agree on Tolber.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's kind of what it's been trending at the moment, and I think it's his arrow is trending up with the connection that he has with Dak and I think with Ferguson, I mean, I absolutely love Ferguson and I think he's extremely talented, but he still hasn't been like made his presence known after coming back from the injury. I think he's still kind of getting his way back up because that's a guy and tight end has always been a position that Dak has always relied on, and it just hasn't been the same just yet for what it's been in the season.
Speaker 5: So I honestly think if this game Cowboys win this game, it will be because Cavanti Turpin makes some plays for them. Sure love that, because I think this is going to be a game the offense is going to have to score a lot of points.
Speaker 3: They're gonna need some big plays.
Speaker 5: I think Turpin adds that that part to the game that that really they never really took advantage of with Cooks in my opinion, in that way. But we saw even last week they used Turping a lot more in that kind of role last week where they were just kind of using him a little bit more in a diverse way than what they would use Cooks.
Speaker 3: I just remember, they're going to do the same thing this game.
Speaker 2: Just remember, right, before half. In the game at Green Bay at lambeau Field on Decks first year, they ran a jet sweep with a lucky whitehead. Remember that they got of the third down conversion and then they drove down the field and scored a touchdown right before half, and that really turned the game around. So anything like that to get turpin. You know, if you could get a kickoff return or punmet or something like that, you need to go.
Speaker 4: That would require motion at the snap.
Speaker 2: All right, you're hungry, yeah, like moving this along.
Speaker 6: Close food, Let's go.
Speaker 3: All right, give me picks, let's go. Let's start with you.
Speaker 2: Brian, uh Detroit thirty one, Dallas twenty.
Speaker 4: I think this is gonna be a lot of fun. I think this game is gonna be a lot of fun to watch. But I think the Lions take a thirty eight thirty four.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, Brian, what about eighteen thirteen.
Speaker 2: Score?
Speaker 14: You want?
Speaker 2: You wanted to weird?
Speaker 3: Wore really weird score.
Speaker 6: That's extremely weird right there. But I I'm gonna I'm gonna go with the Cowboys winning this one, mainly because I picked them to lose last week and I just hate picking two losses in a row.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 6: But either way, I do think being at home, this is a game that hopefully they can come into this week and just find a way to have the NFL weird Lady be on their their strange lady be on their side this weekend.
Speaker 4: So Cowboys, I think.
Speaker 5: The next two games are against teams that are very very similar and very good, and I think Dallas is gonna win one of the two. I'm gonna pick them this week beat Detroit, and I think they win twenty four to twenty here at at and T Stadium, get their first home win the last what would that be.
Speaker 3: Since Detroit games? Yeah, yeah, So so I think they get back on the winn.
Speaker 4: We're gonna hold you to that when you pick against when you pick the Cowboys against San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Here a couple of weeks, Well, we'll see what happens this weekend. That's fair that what happens weekend. But I think they're gonna I think they're gonna win one of those two games. I really do.
Speaker 5: I think they're gonna they're gonna need one of those two games. I think they're gonna get one.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Ambarno, you're trying to get out of here Texas OU prediction I know, but like score.
Speaker 5: I actually think this this year will be I'm a little fraid to say this out loud.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be a pull out.
Speaker 4: I think so too, but I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I just I don't trust Texas OU is Texas OU, and crazy things happen in Texas O.
Speaker 2: Extas forty two, Oklahoma, seventeen thirty.
Speaker 3: Thank for saying what I was thinking. I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 5: You want to be back on money till then for Nick Yrris, Brian brought a sam regard to I'm Derek Eiglton. This has been The Break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Uscowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.