Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We got football tonight. We have five consecutive days and nights of football and it'll be the Rams getting one and a half against the Seahawks in Seattle. Michael Irvin, the playmaker, will stop by about twenty minutes from now. Phone calls are always welcome. Operator Tyler sitting by stat of the Day brought to you by a Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. And we say good morning those watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app and our radio affiliates around the country. iHeartRadio Fox Sports Radio. I didn't get an update on the poll results from the first hour Seat and can we do that? And do we have a new poll question for hour two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just got an interesting one here from Paul m based off some of the discussions we've had in a guest we.
Speaker 4: Have coming out.
Speaker 3: Who would you most have wanted to kick it with?
Speaker 2: Kick it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Who would you most have wanted to kick it with?
Speaker 2: Aka?
Speaker 5: Party?
Speaker 3: Okay, led Zeppelin in the seventies, Motley Crue in the eighties, or Michael Irvin in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Wow, The fair comparison. Wow, I would say, I have to look at what are the chances I could die like high with all of them and then work my way back. I don't know how big a partiers led Zeppelin was. I know John Bonham, the drummer was, but I don't know if Paige Diyett House. Are you kidding me? I like some of the most notorious party yers of all time. Yeah, I kind of assumed I didn't.
Speaker 6: Wasn't there for.
Speaker 2: Less Well Motley Crue. You know, I've I've talked to somebody who actually stayed with them for a night. It took him a week to recover, but he did. He partied with them. Uh, they seemed to They didn't get cheated Mike. Mike did well. Mike had fun in the White House and ever else. I don't think he discriminated. But do you put the stones in there?
Speaker 5: Stop me?
Speaker 2: When they were in the South of France doing Exile on Main Street that they had to wake up members of the band to play on an album, it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't sound like fun to me. Gotta admit, South of France sounds awesome. A bunch of dudes strung out trying to make a record, though not it. Yeah, well Heroin will do that will well, weird getting sours the party quickly. Gotta admit Heroin always wins, you know, Heroin's undefeated. I would probably want to party with Zeppelin, just because it's Zeppelin, you know, one of my favorite bands of all time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paul, I.
Speaker 6: Was gonna throw guns and roses in there, but I thought, I want to go decade by then.
Speaker 2: They're guns and posers. Oh really?
Speaker 6: Oh I think they got after it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They seem like they were like, oh, we got to have Jack Daniels here backstage because Keith Richards did.
Speaker 7: Yes, see, I'm going with the Playmaker. I would hang with Michael yeah, pre social media nineties was kind of my era, so I would have enjoyed hanging with the Playmaker.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: I would probably say Zeppelin just to say that I partied with Zeppelin, Yes, Martin.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm going with the Playmaker too. He did all that and won Super Bowl. That wasn't stopping him, and by all accounts, he was the leader of the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I'd say t Roy was. He might've just been the quarterback, yeah, but he was still he was the guy who didn't go out. I mean just the fact that he was. Sandra Bullock I think wanted to go out with him. I don't know if Troy ever talked about I think I brought it up to him. I think he brushed it off quickly. I think so, yeah, yeah, I think you know you're the quarterback of the Cowboys. I mean that fixes everything normally, Yes, yes, Mart, But who was the rest of the Cowboys following though? What do you mean they were going to Michael Order's house. They weren't hanging out with t Roy.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I think t Roy was probably just doing damage by himself. No, he was single and Mangland. But you know Sandra Bullock in the nineties, Sandra Bullock from Speed. Oh, all of a sudden, t Roy, he's eluding the rush apparently.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, those were the days. You can't get away with that stuff now, all right? Eight seven seven to three d P Show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handled TP show. A lot of college football coming up this weekend. Let me give you a let me give you the menu. So we got college football, you got Thursday night football, but then you have the Xbox Bowl. Missouri State in Arkansas State, the Myrtle Beach Bowl, Kennesall State and Western Michigan, the Gasparrello Bowl, Memphis against NC State. You have Alabama, Oklahoma, Miami, Texas A and m TU, Lane, Ole, miss James Madison and Oregon. It's a lot of football that's just the college slate. And then you know the game's uh NFL games you got tonight and then you're gonna have a game on Saturday night as well. Yes, Marvin, do you know the term yolo DP? Yeah?
Speaker 8: You only live once. Yeah, Michael Irvin did not You cheated the Hurricanes in the eighties at Miami and then the nineties Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I don't know what was happening at the U.
Speaker 4: Come on, now, there was an uncle Luke.
Speaker 2: They were were Luther or Campbell, that's right, and Luke was was Luther was paying the players back then properly. Yeah, but that's where you you know, they'll have documentaries on the the on the U and then they'll ask, you know, Luther Campbell, were you paying those players? And then he just had this big smile on his face. But he was paying for big hits, big plays, which okay, I mean now everything looks harmless you know when you hear the story about SMU and what they were doing, Like nowadays that would be like, what's wrong. You guys aren't spending enough money, You're not giving way enough cars. But back then it's like, oh my god, Eric Dickerson, he got a Transam gold. I think Dickerson's taking that to his grave. I don't think he's ever acknowledged that he got paid, but he was getting paid by two schools I think at the same time.
Speaker 6: Right, So the story came out when Dickerson was the best high school running back. There's a picture of him in his driveway with a gold trans Am and the story is A and M sent it over and they thought they had it. And then I guess SMU matched, yeah or whatever.
Speaker 2: They matched in a different way. And he kept the car. Yes, he kept the car.
Speaker 6: Who's turnament in.
Speaker 2: You can't say, hey, give us that car back that we gave to you illegally. But you know what's happening now. They're talking to somebody yesterday and they said, you know these collectives, because there's a finite amount of money that schools can be paying, you know, their athletes, the collectives. Now, the number that was given to me is you have to have about forty million dollars total to be able to build or maintain a championship caliber roster. Around forty million. And what's happening is you have aunts, uncles, friends, distant relatives. They're getting money. So the player is going to get that money, but it goes through a third party there. And I told you about the high school player. I don't know where he signed. I told you there were two schools that were bidding for him. He was a high school senior, and he was His price was three million dollars, but it was three million total. But they were signed. They're signing them in high school. They're signing them as juniors like they're trying to get as early as possible. And all of a sudden, you're signed up and now you're going to our university unless you say I'm giving the money back. But this this kid signed a three million dollar contract with a school, a big time school. But yeah, there, the NC DOUBLEA does not exist anymore. It does not. I was told that yesterday. The NC DOUBLEA, as you know, it does not exist, and that might be a good thing. Like, let's just start over, figure out what do you want to do how do you want to do it. You want to have professional college teams, professional format, formula, blueprint, whatever it is. If you want to have the NC DOUBLEA handle all of this secondary sports. Great, but let's not kid anybody. It's business. It's big business, and everybody wants theirs. Yeah, Pauline, just to.
Speaker 6: Go back to the Eric Dickerson recruiting Texas A and M transam story trans Am an M. Eric Dickerson was talking to his uncles that he loved the transami saw the uncles. This is a story in sports. It's illustrated that from three years ago, Eric Dickinson ended up talking to a booster for A and M and was asked about it, and the butcher goes, we can make that happen, and Eric said, they contacted his grandmother, put his grandmother on the title, and agreed to reimburse the grandmother. So I wouldn't ready see the red flags. That's how it's done by pros. Put Grahama on the on the title.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But SMU got busted, yes, because.
Speaker 6: What they did was they were sending players money in envelopes with a return address of the SMUs department.
Speaker 4: You watched it.
Speaker 6: Watch the documentary.
Speaker 2: At least with Tennessee when they were giving their players money. You know, it was in a fast food bag. Allegedly. Yeah, yeah, some Tennessee people still frosty that I had that story turned out to be true. Let's see Joey and Fort Wayne. Good morning, Joey. What's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 9: I was the first time caller. I was wondering what you saw if a Notre Dame. I know, in the early sixties they said they would go on the seat they did not participate in the playoffs, or if there was a playoff. But nowadays, if they went undefeated next year and just stayed independent, so.
Speaker 2: We lost you there. If they go undefeated next year, they're in the playoffs. Matt in Ohio, Hi, Matt, Hey.
Speaker 5: Guys, how are you today?
Speaker 2: Good? Good good?
Speaker 9: I just wanted to know.
Speaker 10: In a couple more sorry catch phrases from back in the day, the late great Stewart Scott cooler than the other side of the pillow, and I made butcher.
Speaker 2: This was the rich Eisen that did.
Speaker 10: He's on this horse. It's a tiny horse.
Speaker 5: You can't see it.
Speaker 2: I never I haven't heard that. It sounds like something Kenny Maine would say. But yeah. Everybody then had to have a catchphrase. It felt like if you were coming to sports Center, Hey, and I've got a catchphraise, like all of a sudden that allowed you that you know, that's the password to get in. You gotta catchphrase, Yes I do. All right, come on in, Kendall in Houston, Hey, Kendall.
Speaker 11: But so I'm not a big music guy, but all my friends are. So I kind of just tagged along through the years. And I bet you from amazing concerts. One of the best ones with Eddie bedder By himself at a theater in Houston playing acoustic guitar in the entire time, nobody else but him for like an.
Speaker 5: Hour and a half.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it. Didn He do a soundtrack for a Sean Penn movie, and I don't know what kind of guitar he played. H Yeah, Paul Into the Wild was the name of the movie. Yeah, Sean Penn directed. Then he did the soundtrack, which was awesome. Yeah yeah, yeah. I mean you hear that voice, you know that that is there's certain voices where you hear and you go, oh, okay, I knew who that is. Scott and Virginia. I Scott, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: Hey, thanks for calling me back. I appreciate it. I need to piggyback on that. It's not what I called about. But I've seen Pearls am once. It was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. So if you get a chance, take it. But I called because I was really an amoral's fact that you were talking about catchphrases. And I was telling Tyler that when I was a kid, I don't know, twelve thirteen, fourteen years old, at Memorial Stadium in Baltimore, my dad used to take me and my brother to the Orioles game whenever the Yankees were in town. And because my favorite player was Don Maddingly and I was one of those baseball card nerds standing outside.
Speaker 2: The bus waiting for the players to come off.
Speaker 12: And you were there, and I asked you if you would say, excuse me, Don madding Lee gone, and you did it, and I've remembered it forever.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't remember it, Scott, but I'm going to take your word for it. I was there at Memorial Stadium for the last game that the Orioles played there before they went to Camden, and remember I was doing a report on that, all those great Oriole teams. Great baseball town, Great baseball town. By the way, on Sunday night, Sunday Night, Drake May and the Patriots collide with Lamar Jackson and the Ravens. That'll be Sunday seven Eastern on NBC and Peacock Michael Irvin will join us coming up next. More of your phone calls as well on this Thursday. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 13: Hey is Covino and Rich from Fox Sports Radio Now.
Speaker 2: In addition to hearing.
Speaker 13: Us live weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, We're excited to announce a brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 2: Yup, that's right.
Speaker 13: You can now watch Covino and Rich live on YouTube every day. All you gotta do search Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube again. Go to YouTube search Covino and Rich FSR. Check us out on YouTube, subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away.
Speaker 2: More of your phone calls coming up. He's the Playmaker Hall of Famer Michael Irvin they like to call him IRV, And beginning at eleven am Eastern, Mike will be part of Netflix NFL Christmas Game Day, leading into the Cowboys Commanders one Eastern, followed by the Lions Vikings at four thirty Eastern. Also, Mike appears on the podcast It Is What It Is twice a week. Good to see again, Playmaker. How are you e.
Speaker 4: Inn P D p D. You know your bad man where you get known by two letters d YEA and pete DP. What's uping, my brother? How you doing?
Speaker 2: Everything's good? Everything's good. We were talking about the Cowboys in the nineties and that Sandra Bullock. Did she date Troy Aikman.
Speaker 4: I you know, Troy Aikman dated a lot of superstars. Everybody now think these power couple things are something fresh and new. You know, these new kids, they think they come up with all the great ideas. But Roy was doing all of that back. I mean, I mean all of them. You know what I'm saying. Somehow someway, Well, I guess that hotel incident helped me out a lot. I got the I got you know, I got Chad with being the woman thing and all of that, but Troy had all the baddest top bab out there. So so yeah, that's been out there for a while.
Speaker 2: But he was quiet. You know, Troy was under the radar. You were the radar. You were the radar.
Speaker 4: Hey. It was so funny. Right when documentary was coming out, we were doing the premiere. It was Emmy and Jerry, all of us was at the premiere in l A. And we were going through the red carpet. I leaned over them and I said, hey, I said, when you think about it, you Troy, you guys were quiet boys. Jerry gets final say on the documentary. So I guess in this whole documentary, I have to beat a bad guy. David looked at me and said, well, it kind of work. I said, yeah, yeah, you're.
Speaker 14: So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're you're right. All this head go, You're right.
Speaker 2: But you look back that you got caught. Was that a good thing that you got caught?
Speaker 4: No real criminal will ever say that.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, no, I'm still around.
Speaker 4: So it was a good thing. I guess that's since we here, You know what I mean, It's all good, Bud, It's all good.
Speaker 2: Imagine if you got drafted by Cleveland or Green Bay, you couldn't have gotten in trouble there.
Speaker 4: I won't imagine that. That's why I made sure I control my draft by graduating as a junior. Remember now, back then, if you if you wanted to go to the league, go to the league early. You had to graduate. So I graduated as a junior and decided to go. So any team that would have drafted me that I didn't want to play for, I would have just dropped the class and gone back to school and they would have lost their draft pick. I designated Dallas in New York. So I was going to end up where I wanted to be and not in any of those places.
Speaker 2: Help me understand if you're justin Jefferson and you're not getting the ball like he once were getting and you've gone through what three or four five different quarterbacks here and you still don't know if you have your quarterback and JJ McCarthy, can you see a scenario where all of a sudden, justin Jefferson's like, get me out of here.
Speaker 4: Well, Minnesota is justin Jefferson's place, and I think they've done a good job of letting everybody know that. And I think Justin Jefferson, I love Justin Jefferson is a great, great dude. I consider him be a great friend. I get to talk with him every now and then, and his brother and all of him. I always tell his brother, make sure you're watching over him so he doesn't have any Mike Worvan moments out here. You know what I'm saying. But the thing is, man, Dan, he's such a good dude. He's such a competitor. Justin just when he was in high school, him and Jami Cha, my old coach, Jerry Sullivan called me then he said, Michael, I find because you know, he said, Michael, I finally found a god that's as competitive as you. I was like, who you're talking about? And he was talking about Justin Jefferson then. So you know, no matter what quarterback he's had, he's turned them into purity, pretty good quarterbacks. And I think he'll get JJ McCarthy there. And I think right now he's taken a paid from Terry McLaurin. Remember how Terry McLaurin started when Jaydon Daniels got there and he wasn't getting any passes, but he handled it right and when Jaydon Daniels got around later on that season, they really turned up. So I'm expecting that to happen because he's that kind of receiver.
Speaker 2: What is Joe Burrow telling us without maybe really telling us?
Speaker 4: And it's funny how history somehow finds a way to repeat his stuff here again in Cincinnati. This is the cause of parmasage suation. Is Joe trying to say, man, it's just ain't right and this ain't working or or you know, if he's talking about possibly retiring earlier, I don't think. I don't think he's talking about walking away from the game. I think he loves the game way too much. So when I'm looking at it, I look at this, think about this as as a as a shout to the Bengals. Man, we mess around every year, we put this defense. You didn't even want to pay the top defensive player that you had, You didn't want to pay the draft the guy you're drafted on defense in the early rounds. And you have me over here going up, going through it. So yeah, you know, it's a crypti message. But I don't think. I don't think he's going anywhere. I think he's just trying to light a fire up under the organization, and I think there's a lot of frustration with the injuries, you know, and up and down, and then you know, starting out slow and then trying to finish fast and and all of that stuff. It does get frustrating if you can't get it like you want it on the football field.
Speaker 2: Give the Cowboys season so far a grade.
Speaker 4: There is no grade to give outside a failure grade. The standard, DAN is the standard. That's exactly I was last week. I was at St. Thomas Aquinas High School. We won our seven straight state championship. Coach Roger Harriet and Twan Russell down there at a D. And that's the one thing we always talk about that Saint Thomas greatest high school in the world. The standard is the standard. I don't want to hear how many records are broke this year. I don't want to hear what you did in statistics. I want to hear wins and losses and are you in the playoffs with a chance to win a ring and they are not. That's a failing grade.
Speaker 2: There's some things to build on though.
Speaker 4: Right you found other assets, you know, you found the George Pickens I like what you've done with the interior defensive line. But still, Dame, those were ornaments on the tree. That's not the Christmas tree. Just tender is just tender, and you want to make sure that you're getting in the playoffs. And here's the sad part. It's not that you don't have enough talent right now. You had enough talent on this offense to put up thirty points a game, forty points a game, and for a while you were amaging forty points at home. Why with the kind of talent you have on that offense, did that dissipate? So, yeah, you gotta get in the playoffs. That's just what it is.
Speaker 2: Talking to Michael Irvin. Beginning at eleven am Eastern, Mike will be part of Netflix NFL Christmas Game Day that leads into the Cowboy Commanders and that's at one Eastern, followed by the Lions and the Vikings. Also, Mike is on the podcast It Is What It Is twice a week. If you're a Kansas City Chief fan, what are what are you expecting next year?
Speaker 4: And it's interesting because you know, it's so sad to see the greatest offensive player in this league and one of if not the greatest defensive player industry goes down on the same Sunday and both with ACLS. But then I tried to because you know, I had that injury, and I try to look on the bright side of what's going on with with with Knis City. And I thought this when I saw it, I said, oh, that was so sad. I mean, I hate seeing it. It's such a great dude in the great ambassador for the league. But on the other side, on the other side, once you realize and understand now he's you start saying with of me because you got to try to look at something something good in this and think about this Dan this way, even though it's unfortunate, he still gets to hold on to the mystique of being that guy. So so now you know they were making they were driving and have a chance of winning that game, and and and of course he went that and your boy minshew did in and and and throw that intoception. But but so so now in their minds and in the city of Kansas City, they can still say, well, we only lost that game and didn't make the playoffs because we lost our Superman, you know, and the mystique of that Superman can still be in play next year had he gone down with the ship. I don't know, man, that had to be a whole different thing, because most of those guys probably always think, no matter how bad the game is, as long as we got fifteen, we got a chance to win. Know and and today in this year, that didn't happen. So I believe Kansas City now has to start retooling all the way around, build around Patrick Mahomes. But you have to retool for so long then they kept taking away talent, take away talent, saying we're gonna throw anything in there and Patrick Mahomes will get it done. And he did. But at some point the weight got a little too heavy and it actually broke Patrick Mahomes. So now they have to start taking some of that weight off by putting better talent around.
Speaker 2: Would you take Patrick Mahomes over Troy Aikman as your quarterback?
Speaker 4: No? No, I won't take Patrick Mahomes over Troy Aikman. I won't take nobody over Troy Aikman, include mom, dead, sister, brother, niece, nephew in my family.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady, Okay, I'm just curious. That's that that's the that was the right answer there, because you know how Troy is really sensitive and if you heard about this, he'd start crying, and you don't want that to happen.
Speaker 5: Mike.
Speaker 4: I don't know Roy. I've never seen Roy real, you know what I'm saying. But then it was so fun. I wish I still had him here. I had all my rings up here yesterday and I was messing around on my little on my little locker room. Uh the thing that I do, and it is what it is. And I had all those rings up there, and I was like this, this, this, this is because of Troy Eaten. I had my quarterback. There is nobody I will take over Troy Man because I'm not that Patrick Mahomes is great. He makes a second play or third play. But Troy is the best timing throwing quarterback in the history of this game. When nort Turner got here and say you get that third step in at the ball, ball, hit that fift step, let that ball go, it became perfect and it was unstoppable. I will take no one at the quarterback position over Troy, not even Jesus himself.
Speaker 2: Sam Darnold on display tonight, what kind of concerns do you have with Seattle the rest of the year and in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Well, this game tonight in Seattle and it's going it's supposed to be a little bit of rain. And I think this is interesting because you know, a lot of people I know are picking the RAM, and the RAM looked like the best team in the NFC. But this game is not just for the division. It is for the conference. Talk in the conference and think about the game of Week eleven. Then Sam through four interceptions and they barely lost that game forty one night. You know what I'm saying. That's that for three for only one hundred and thirty yards against that defense. It's going to be an interesting game. If Sam could get down those interceptions and just play within himself and let that defense win this football game for him. I'm leaning towards Seattle inking out this win with that great defense.
Speaker 2: How much more pressure is on Josh Allen this year? Hm hmm.
Speaker 4: I believe there's a great dere pressure on Josh Allen. Now why he is there, because you have to look at we said, well, if it wasn't for Patrick ma Holmes, La Mar Jackson and the Joe Burrows and then Josh Allen and then Joe Burrow, Josh Allen can go off, go off, Well, those guys on the round and now you deal with a whole bunch of babies and Drake May and bow Nix and all of those guys. If you can't get by them, that means you miss your moment and they came in and took your moment. So yeah, Josh Allen is under a lot of press sure to get it done. But but all he has to do is go on that phone booth man and and and leave Clarke kenn in the phone booth, comes out Superman and he does his thing. So I believe he can't get it done. And he got it done in that game against the Packers the Patriots last week, so so I believe he can get it done.
Speaker 2: Is it super Bowl or bust for the Bills?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, not super Bowl of us. A super Bowl win or bust you. It's got to be a super Bowl win. The elixir of getting to a super Bowl that's gone. They got to fource straight and didn't win any you know what I'm saying. So they're like, don't tell me about getting there, tell me about the victory when you get there. So that's how Josh Allen and that's why the pressure.
Speaker 2: Is on Josh Allen. Good to talk to you again.
Speaker 4: It's always good to talk to you, man, and say hello to your family and everybody. Man, I really you've been on wrote a long time. The pe God has blessed you greatly.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm the Troy Aikman of talk show host.
Speaker 4: You're right, you're right. You're making them past and you're making a long time and there's no greater thrower when you hit those words no time right about.
Speaker 2: But I didn't Uh. I didn't date Sandra Bullock.
Speaker 4: Though, Yeah, what whis Which was the other girls? He dated? Shine Shining in the twine uh, Snari Twin Twin twin, all of them? Yeah he had all that's the singer right, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: He had dated Shann Twain.
Speaker 4: I had them all, man, I don't know you think this Taylors will try did all that stuff? Man?
Speaker 2: All he didn't date Madonna, did he?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 4: Hey, no thing? He dated Madona TRONTOA. Troy stayed up there the top thing. Troy came home after one game and that was some girls I guess in his backyard and he called the police. You know, what that went down? Like in the locker room, we were like.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't you wouldn't have called the police?
Speaker 4: Why Dona, man? What's y'all drinking? Uh?
Speaker 2: Happy holidays or thank you buddy.
Speaker 4: It's great talking to you again. Happy Holidays to.
Speaker 2: YouTube Michael Irvin. He'll be part of Netflix's NFL Christmas Game Day Cowboys Commanders. He never disappoints ever. Hey, criminals don't apologize, all right, got a point there, Mike. I didn't know Troy David Shanaia Twain. Yeah, Paul, I.
Speaker 6: Could find nothing about that.
Speaker 5: Oh no.
Speaker 3: Confirmed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I know, I know, Yes, Tom, don't call the police on the girls of the pool.
Speaker 11: Call us, invite us over for a party.
Speaker 2: We'll take a break. We'll get some more of your phone calls coming up. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live tomorrow.
Speaker 2: On the website, you'll be able to vote for most Valuable, Least Valuable Dante also most valuable back room guy as well, so we'll let you. You can vote Friday Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and then Tuesday. At the end of the show, that'll be our last show before the holidays, we will unveil our least and most valuable dan Nets.
Speaker 6: Yes, Pauline, I know they would never do it, but imagine if sports league's the least valuable player. Think about that for a second, like someone has paid forty five million Ben Simmons type player.
Speaker 2: Yikes. Jamis Winston is your winner. That was years ago, the first thirty for thirty. They should do a thirty for thirty on the thirty thirty season that Jamis has that he giveth and he taketh away. Uh, being the journalist that I am. I think Michael Irvin may have mistaken Shania Twain for Louri Morgan, who's a country singer. Yeah, it's not as good as story. But Troy Aikman dating Lori Morgan a country singer and Shania Twain. But we don't know about there's nothing. I haven't seen anything about Shania Twain and Troy Aikman. And we're really looking yes we are, Yes, we are still driving that trusty old ride. Keep it looking sharp with Mako from dnse Ding's face did paint. They got you covered free estimate today. Uh, oh, better get Mako man. I've known Mike for a long time and uh, he brings energy. When you're around him, you have to elevate your energy level and that's not easy to do. He've been through been through some things. He's put himself through some things. But you knew when he was on the field you were going to get a every bit of effort that he could muster. He always played that way and even talked about, you know, the high school coach saying that you know, he found some you know, wide receiver to wide receivers that were as competitive as him. And they talk about Jamar Chase and Justin Jefferson, which is saying a lot about them. Mike and Florida. Good morning, Mike. What's on your mind? Hey?
Speaker 5: How you doing? Hey Mike, Hey, I just wanted to tell you about old time recruiting. I was working. I was at Canisius College. I was playing football there and Nick mccarchuk I don't remember Nick, he was our coach at that time, and he asked me, hey, Mike, could you recruit this guy from Alha from Canada. His name is misrec I said, yeah, I'll take Hi around. You want him have a good time, a good nick wings goes. I want him to have a real good time. He was seven foot, so I took him out. You know, we never waited in line for a bar. We walked in. There's always shots and beers everywhere. Next thing, you noticed girls all around. I have a van with the shag carpet in the back. Well needs.
Speaker 2: I don't know where we're hidding with that, with the van with the shag carpet. And I'm not sure who the seven footer was from Canada. Maybe it's best that I don't know. Thank you Mike Auto in Los Angeles. Hey Auto, Now I got a bad connection there. Jim and Wisconsin Tyler. Make sure these guys got good connections when you answer the phone, Hey Jim, good.
Speaker 15: Morning Dan, longtime listener, first time caller five A beer man is two hundred and thirty pounds. I used to listen to you years back. You were on a radio station in Milwaukee, and you're talking about the catchphrases and calls, and you used to have the squeal of approval?
Speaker 2: Was that on Laser one oh three?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: It was yeah, Yeah, Bob and Brian. I think they're still doing it. What a great morning show. A lot of fun, you know, just natural guys that you know, certain guys that you say they sound like Wisconsin, Bob and Brian. They were really a lot of fun. Thank you, Jim Mark and Iowa. Hey Mark, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: Hey Dan, thanks for taking my call. First time caller six one eight five. I've got a couple of music things for you. I know you're a big Zeppelin fan. I saw them live three times. First time was in nineteen seventy e lu Civic Center. It was general admission. I was like three feet from the stage. I also wondered if you had any special experiences taking your kids to concerts. In nineteen ninety five, I took my fourteen year old son to Summer Fast on Saturday night and saw Pearl Jam. We drove down to Chicago on Sunday, saw The Grateful Dead, that Soldier Field. It turned out Jerry passed away a couple of weeks later, and that was the last show that they ever did.
Speaker 2: All right, I've been to Hooty and the blow Fish with my kids. I don't know if I've taken the whole family I'm not a big concert guy. I just don't like the hassle of you know, going and parking and everything it goes along with it. Now, if you let me stand on side of stage, then you know, I like doing that. If I have a beer cooler at my feet, then I like that. That. That became kind of the norm when I would go to Hooty and the Blowfish that I would always stand on stage. As you're looking at the stage, I'd be on the left dean. The bass player was always over there. And then they would just have a big cooler of beer, and then there'd be a bottle of Yeggermeister, which I didn't need Yeggy, but you know, have a couple of beers. You know, it was the nineties and you have I remember that Darius got so drunk one night and it was in Hartford, I believe, and he forgot the lyrics to a song and he came over and so he's on stage and he came over to me because I had asked him to sing that song that night, so prior to the start of the show, and I said, hey, can you you sing this song? He goes, yeah, say he put it on the sheet. The you know, play sheet and he started singing, forgot the damn lyrics. He walks over to me and he said, how's this song go? And you know, people are going, what is going on here? And I said, I don't know, and so he kind of stumbled his way through the song. I guess. I don't think he ever played that song again, but he forgot the lyrics and he's asking me, But I think he was. I think he was in his cups maybe prior to the start of that. That's when that's when Hoody the you know, Darius brings this up. When they do like behind the music, people find out that Hoody and the Blowfish they partied like really hard. You know, they've had divorces, they've had rehab, they've had a lot of different things. So when you go Zeppelin, the Who, Motley Crue, Hoody and the Blowfish.
Speaker 7: Yeah, see, should we add Hoody and the Blowfish into the pole question now?
Speaker 2: Because I survived Hoody in the Blowfish. Yeah, but yeah, they they a couple of them went at it pretty hard there, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: Which rock star or band would surprise you the most that they partied hard? Like if you heard Rick Athley used to get after it. That would be a shock.
Speaker 2: Well, like if somebody said, man Ed Sheeran, that guy a good party, be like, you don't want any more to that? Okay, Like I don't know the Jonas brothers, right, one of them has to party.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 2: Didn't they have the purity rings? Didn't they have the websay? Yeah, yeah, I don't know about that.
Speaker 8: Yes, Marvin, then there was a moment of time where they threw those things away. Well, no, I just put him to the side. Sure, Yeah, Hey, I got my purity ring on. Hey, when's Sally coming over?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: She's he here? Now here? Take this ring, my purity ring. Yeah, just for the night. I'll take it back tomorrow. I'll take the poll results Seaton.
Speaker 3: Now that the hoodie and the blowfish extension has been headed in, I'm not sure I trust this voting anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you they party. They party like rock stars. I will tell you that.
Speaker 3: Who would you most have wanted to kick it with? Kick it with Led Zeppelin in the seventies, Motley Crue in the eighties, or Michael Irvin in the nineties. I'm very disappointed in this audience. Michael Irvin is currently in third place. Led Zeppelin has forty five percent of that vote.
Speaker 2: What are we doing? Two hours in the books, one more to go. Gang's all here, ready to go, fired up, We're bringing the energy, We're kicking it. Next hour.