Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Darry Church, Hecma Harrison and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 4: On Yo, It's victory Friday, not victory Monday's victory Friday. Because the Cowboys pulled off a victory yesterday in New York. Yes they did, they, Yes they did. Yeah, you are now rocking with the best. I'm heck Maharrison and PC in the place to be. And this is the Players Lounge, sponsored by none other than Aristocrat Gaming. Getting the game, baby, Yeah, we got forty five minutes of it and we're gonna celebrate today.
Speaker 2: We're gonna celebrate today. I love it. We're gonna celebrate today. Comes to BC. What I've been hearing, what you been hearing MCDA on the you know, but no, don't do it.
Speaker 4: No you don't know. That's almost the third time. Man, that's almost no, ladies, he doesn't. He doesn't care about my mentals at all. I do, ladies and gentlemen, almost a third time.
Speaker 5: Where we're coming from what Where where are we coming from?
Speaker 2: Where? Come on, we're coming from? Where? Coming from? The Tajma Hall of Football here. Look I came in.
Speaker 4: I came in on fraz with man. I got a lot of stuff going on right now, it's all I gotta give me a lot of people talking to me on my way. But football is running back. This is the players lounge and uh man, we have a victory to talk about it before we get into that victory. I'm gonna check these mentals, my man, Barry, you spent a lot of time here last night. But but how's your mentals this morning? Brother, this afternoon, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing pretty good. You know.
Speaker 6: It took me a couple of coffee, you know, a couple of cups of coffee to get right after the late night last night. But you know it's going good that I have to have lunch with my youngest daughter and my wife, so you know with the Crayol the world in between shows.
Speaker 4: I mean, so today is actually showing up. I had to get right for him this morning, special dish and check it out.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the mentals is doing great. Man, beautiful day, beautiful weekend.
Speaker 6: Can't wait to watch some football on Saturday Sunday, I get to chill and washing.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be amazing. So the mentals are at an all time high right now. Heck, how about yourself. How you doing?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: I'm good. I'm good. I can't complain Dallas Cowboys one every time? Right like rain?
Speaker 4: You know you got you got something on Fridayay positive vibes. Well, listen, I have obviously high school football. Tonight, I got a game and our guy, the fighting Chris Beams College. Okay, what you say, are playing our guy tonight? So yeah, I will be on duty on w f A A Yeah, man, I will be. I will be booked and busy tonight. But man, enough about me, let's talk about these I was Cowboys. It is victory Friday for a reason, and I don't care what nobody say.
Speaker 2: You can you talk about it being an ugly win or whatever? It is? A dub is a dub now.
Speaker 4: I always defer to you on things like this, Barry, because I just want to know from a guy that is played in the National Football League, as long as you have there is there such a thing as a bad win. You talk about a defensive player right now, So to me, look look, there's bad play within a win, and you know, sometimes that could happen, like if you go out there you get.
Speaker 6: Burned for two tubs, but your team ends up winning, so you know you're over the A A dub is a dub, but your play was bad. So, I mean, I understand all that. But at the end of the day, man, we all understand how hard it is to get a W in the National Football League, especially against a division rival. So to me, a dub is a dub. It was ugly, it was choppy, and we'll discuss a little bit of this, but I'd never take away a you two and two. Would you rather be two and two or one and three? You know what I'm saying. So to me, there's never a bad W in the National Football League. Go ahead and take that man to the victory, la, I mean, and.
Speaker 4: I think that's really kind of startling to me, is that just twenty four hours ago before the game, we were talking about if the Cowboys lose this game, that the season is lost, that Mike McCarthy is on the hot seat, and that this may mean disaster for the Dallas Cowboys. And then all of a sudden, the Cowboys go to the metal lands, they win the.
Speaker 2: Game, and now it's like, ah, I can't do that.
Speaker 6: Though we cannot do that because there's still some things, there's still some questions.
Speaker 2: That need to be answered.
Speaker 6: But overall, you would, like I said, you would take that two and two over one. Just think about if it was one and three right now, you lost to a team that you have beaten twelve straight times. Mathematically, you would still being it. You know, consider talking about playoffs and all that stuff. So one and three you wouldn't be out mathematically, but the psyche in that locker room would have been that would have been destroyed. I mean, you talk about arguments on the sideline you took all.
Speaker 2: You took an elder New York. I mean that plane rad would have been very very interesting on the way back. But hey, that's all to the side. They got the wus. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about some of the numbers that were put up yesterday. For Dak Prescott, that was his thirteenth win in a row versus the New York job Sonning. That's Sonning. That's only only Bob Greasy has more wins versus series back Hotel Tom Machine Amadog. Bob Greasey has seventeen straight victories versus the Buffalo Bills, and obviously that's saying a lot. But Dak Prescott thirteen wins versus New York. He's on the NFC East, and the numbers just continue to get better because Brandon Aubrey yesterday he hit a sixty year We talked about the fifty one yard love miss, but he hit a sixty sixty yarder. He is the second player in NFL history to make multiple sixty yard field goes. And we're talking about our kicker, who is not just any other kicker. He is proving to be a weapon for the Dallas Cowboys and also for coach Mike McCarthy. He is eighteen and seven versus the NFC East. So a guy that has been on the perpetual hot seat from the beginning of this year, going out and winning that game says a lot about him and his coaching ten yure since he's been here as well. But with they win yesterday, Dallas is now nine to two all time on Thursday nights, not including Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Way, yeah, a couple of them.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm cooking the books, so I got made off, I'm cooking the books over here. But one of the things that we wanted to do, man, just to just to spice up the show, and we came up with an idea, an idea on the players lounge to hand out loafs.
Speaker 2: So Barry, would you please explain to.
Speaker 4: The people how if you get a loaf, it is perceived as a negative thing, but today it's going to be a positive thing.
Speaker 2: What is a loaf in football terminology? So the negative portion of the loaf.
Speaker 4: I went under Marionelli, that was my defensive coordinator for a couple of years here with the Dallas Cowboys, and a loaf was considered if you got passed up on the football field by any other position, like you're racing towards the football and somebody else pass especially like a d line or a linebacker.
Speaker 2: Since I was in the secondary, passed.
Speaker 6: You up to get to the football, that would be considered a loaf. Okay, so that was the negative, you know, it was the process when it comes to the loaf.
Speaker 2: But here here's on the players. Let him.
Speaker 4: So getting a loaf on the players lounge is actually a good thing because if you are a movie buff and you have watched paid in full. Okay, Calvin on paid and full said he pulled out a wad of money.
Speaker 2: He said, I'm becking biscuits for the project. Hey, the project.
Speaker 4: That means maybe we're making it hot, and so we are picking a player on the defensive end and on the offensive end to give this loaf too, because that means you was hot and you were baking the team that was on the other side of you.
Speaker 2: So BC, I'm going to allow you to the first. Yes, you're going to give me.
Speaker 4: Man, you will play your and I want to make sure you get this loaf.
Speaker 2: This is this is.
Speaker 4: One of the you know, top honors you can have all right, handing out the loaf, the artisan sour bread or sour dough bread loaf. Yes, so from Tom Thumb checking out, you can also get an opposite as well. So for me, you know my loaf on the defensive side of the football, all right, I think I know where you're going with it. But you know me, I'm gonna give my loaf to a guy that you know, he's on the second level, all right. The guy might be the fastest defender that the Cowboys have, including Michael Parson's This guy has been known to hand out lost when you talk about the Marinelli version of the loast, that's the way he's passing these guys up to get to the football.
Speaker 6: But yesterday, this man was all over the football. And I'm talking about number thirteen, the Marion Overshawn. I mean, you get the the inaugural loaf on the defensive side of the football, because that man was all over the place.
Speaker 2: He was not only helping him run support.
Speaker 6: But he was out there guarding and making sure he tackled guys in the open field to get slot receivers some of the quickest, fastest guys out there, neighbors one of the best young I mean that dude.
Speaker 2: Is that dude's awesome. Now, that is good.
Speaker 6: One of the best young wide receivers out there. And Overshawn was winning the entire time. So on the defensive side of the football, Overshown, you get the inaugural.
Speaker 2: Fir, the very first low. All right, take this right here, and this is I mean, I'm telling you right now, this is is like in the Heisman. Damn there.
Speaker 4: All right, go ahead and take this loaf back there, locker and put it up tight somewhere.
Speaker 2: Man. But you could the inaugural loaf from your boy BC.
Speaker 4: So look, man, that's that's so awesome first of all, because there's nobody better to give that to. Because I think that the Marvin overshown the previous game against the Baltimore Ravens, but he'd have been on the other side of the I said that was that was that wasn't a good showing, but he made up for it in this game versus New York Giants. And obviously the production was there. I am going to hand my load.
Speaker 2: You what you're gonna do with the loaf?
Speaker 4: Somebody that was out there, boy, he was burning them boys, man, And I mean he was putting in major work. And he was my Yetti Cool customer. Yes on Wednesday Tuesday, excuse me, he came out to be my Yetti Cool customer, but none other than Sadarious Lamb. I'm gonna give this loaf to Ceedee Lamb because Ceedee Lamb went out there and basically what Ceedee Lamb said was, look.
Speaker 2: I hear you talking. We did. We were doing a lot of talk, a lot, all.
Speaker 4: Right, And I know y'all got a lot of camera angles of me and what I was saying.
Speaker 2: But what y'all didn't hear me.
Speaker 4: What I was actually saying was, managine, give me one more time to put this butter on the biscuits. I'm saying, we gonna butt them up. And that's exactly what he did. Man, he went out there, he did his thing. Seven receptions for ninety eight yards. Man, what a good showing for Ceedee Lamb. This Cowboy office seemingly getting back on track in the first half. Obviously second half different story, but still able to pull out this victory.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Before we go to the first break, man, I want to just get an overall opinion from you on the game. Obviously, fan bases, media, everybody's a little bit torn on what this victory means for the Dallas Cowboys. But what were your overall thoughts on that victory? So let me go ahead, since you just gave it to Sidarius.
Speaker 6: Hlariaous mama name he said, he wow, But I'm gonna go to start on the officer side of the football. To me, was you know Dak Prescott's numbers out there gotty? No, they weren't gotty by any stretch of the imagination. I believe he went out there and what twenty seven or twenty two of twenty seven, two hundred and twenty one yards out there. He was sacked once, but he had two touchdowns out there. And the most important stat of all this man didn't turn the football over. And those are the numbers that I need to see from a Dak Prescott, all right, right there in the middle twenty two of twenty seven out there, you're not turning the football over, which means you're not putting your team in harm's way. He was extremely accurate with the football out there, only missing five passes to those wide receivers. And what I the outside of turnovers, I loved the fact that he was able to get other people involved. It wasn't just seed or bust all right. Well, you know you got Tobert in there. You had Cookes on a slant out there. You was able to spread the love to all the teammates. And that's exactly what we were talking about, I believe two weeks ago when we were talking about him being a force multiplier out there, making sure he rises all boats with his tie. And that's what he was doing out there. He was getting everybody. Ferg everybody had a piece of it. Ell boogie. Oh my god, had a piece of it.
Speaker 2: And I never thought I see today, Never thought I see today.
Speaker 6: I'm like, you know what, hell, Bookie was out there and he and he was doing this thing. But shout out to mister Prescott on the office side of the football, rising or raising all those guys level of play out there.
Speaker 2: That's what you love to see.
Speaker 6: And then you know the negative part about it offensively, that offensive line. I mean, you know you're gonna have growing pains. You know you're gonna have growing pains with those two young play players in there.
Speaker 2: But guid, we got to get you a little bit better. We're gonna get into that, right, I'll wait for that.
Speaker 4: Let me let me slid to the defensive side of the footballity defensive side of the football.
Speaker 2: I loved what I saw against the run.
Speaker 6: I mean, you hold a team to what twenty six yards you know, total rushing after giving up all those yards that you've had the previous games. That's what happens when this defense works as a unit out there. Now, I understand, you know, they weren't going against Dereck Henry, they weren't going against Kamara out there, going against it, I understand all that, but you can only play who you got on the schedule, all right, and they were able to go out there and dominate against the run. When you talk about playing as a unit, our guy for the first time I think I've ever seen Mizzie Smith showed up.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: He showed up in a big way. And that defensive line kept those linemen off of the second level, and that's what I think was the pivotal part. You were able to get over shown to go sideline, the sideline used that speed, and Hendricks was able to come downhill. Now there's some things we need to worry about in the secondary, which we'll touch on a little bit later, But overall, I liked what I saw for the defensive side of the football, and I loved what I saw from Dak Prescott.
Speaker 4: So you know, one of the things that I always say to you and we're having conversations about offense or specifically about quarterbacks as it relates to Dak Prescott, I never confuse him with the likes of the Patrick Mahomess of the world, the Aaron rodgers Is of the world. I don't put him in that because those guys, to me are expert marksmen, and I can tell they've done it at a high level for years and years and years just with the velocity of the placement on the ball. But one thing that I'm seeing from Dak, and not a lot of people are giving him credit for, is his placement now on balls. We talked about this at the beginning of the season, and I said this because I knew that Ceedee Lamb was going to face more double teams than he'd ever faced before. Because of the money and because of the success that he's having. Dak is able to make those tight window throws and he saw a ton of those guys you know, on several plays to Ceedee Lamb, he's tagging and putting the ball on him on the throw that he had to to what's my man tobert on the money on the money throws and Daker is having to make these throws a lot of times under the rest, moving to his left throwing with you know right obviously he's right handed quarterback. But man, those are just things that you're starting to see the maturation of his game as he starts to become elevate that players you talk Rods and todd rises, all boats, and that's what you have to do, because understandably, if you look at the Dallas Cowboys, you have to say to yourself, man, they don't aside from Ceedee Lamb, who are the other playmakers?
Speaker 2: Now I'm forcing Ferg.
Speaker 4: To be in there, and Ferg obviously has seven catches forty nine yards, but other than that, you don't see the second, third, and fourth guided being the production that you need. So you're gonna have to have a quarterback that can almost take these guys, carry him on the back and put them in positions to be successful.
Speaker 2: And that's what I saw yesterday.
Speaker 4: I think offensively overall the Cowboys still leaves a lot to be desired. Not gonna lie, there's still a lot to be desired on that side of the ball. But two of twenty seven, two hundred and twenty one yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions. No interceptions, And we've seen in those games before it's oopsie daisy or tip pass, the whole thing, turned the whole thing around, and we didn't see that last night. And I'm telling you really impressed with Dak Prescott and the way that he let this offense yesterday. But we got to talk about this defense that has been historically baged through three games of the season. Zim must have put his pimp hand down, because I'm telling you the defense came out and they were changed. But what we're gonna do is take our first break and come back here on the players lounge.
Speaker 2: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 7: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a prown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 8: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 9: Prescott kits it slides for the first.
Speaker 8: Down, invest like your icons where everyone is a rookian crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect pro.
Speaker 9: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now. Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whitball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: This segment was brought to you by Yeti, the official cooler and drinkwear of the Dallas Cowboys. This is the Players Lounge in the SWBC Mortgage Studios. Heck Marrison with my man Barry Church, former Dallas Cowboys safety and Barry you know, we've broken down a lot about everything overall, but specifically, all eyes, all.
Speaker 2: Eyes were on this defense. Oh yeah, I was boat yeh.
Speaker 4: Focus, All eyes was on the defense because they've given up four hundred yards rushing and seven touchdowns and this season, and that's the most highest in the NFL dead last and rush yards allowed.
Speaker 2: That's not a good thing.
Speaker 4: Even if there's if you think that you can make it to the Super Bowl, you can't do it with numbers like that through It's impossible through seventeen through seventeen. But yesterday the Cowboys came into the meadowlands and man, they put up some numbers that we hadn't seen for a very long time. The Dallas Cowboys halted the Giants running game to one point eight yards carry emphasis on the eighth, the sixth lowest allowed rushing average Enfranchise history. The last time the Cowboys allowed less than one point eight yards per carry.
Speaker 2: Was in twenty fifteen against the Blue Eagles.
Speaker 4: I think I know a man, I think I know a guy that was on the field for that game.
Speaker 2: It was a guy that was there. Was a guy. But when you look at when you look at these things, when.
Speaker 4: You look at that, you guys in the performance maybe if you remember it, but also just being on one of those defenses obviously that just can't turn off a faucet, can't stop it, you know, can't stop it no matter what. And all of the football says, running down your throat, whatever you're getting ran on, right, And they couldn't. They couldn't stop it. But the emphasis on stopping the run yesterday was apparent, and they did a wonderful job in doing it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they did an awesome job. And to me, what stuck out the most what I was just like, man, you know what I haven't seen that, you know from a Cowboys defense in the past. You know, two years when you talk about stopping a run was defensively that D line.
Speaker 2: They made a new line of scrimmage. And what I mean by that.
Speaker 6: Is you saw the first two games where running backs weren't getting touched until they got to the second level.
Speaker 4: I mean, guys were getting pushed back five ten yards. We saw the one play where my man's got pushed all the way to the end zone and he was playing your one technique that just can't happen.
Speaker 6: But in this game, you saw that push and predominantly, to my surprise, the push came from Mazzi Smith on that interior. He was able to start a new line of scrimmage a yard back from the previous one, which means those guys that were getting a hand off Singletary out there, Tracy as well Gray, they had to stop defeat.
Speaker 2: They had to bounce.
Speaker 6: The hole just wasn't there because these guys were penetrating that line of scrimmage and pushing these guys backwards all right.
Speaker 2: Into the lapse of those running backs.
Speaker 6: And what that happened was those deuce blocks or those double team blocks where they were able to push guys out the way and work their way up to that second level. With the linebacker level, they weren't able to do that, all right. They had their hands.
Speaker 2: Full with the one guy on that double team.
Speaker 6: So that allowed, like I said earlier, Overshown and Kendricks to do what they do best, all right, and is just run sideline a sideline in Overshown's.
Speaker 2: Case and Downhill and kendricks case.
Speaker 6: So to me, I love the fact that that line of scrimmage was getting pushed back and they were for they were winning first and second down. Now we'll get into a little bit of the questions I have about, you know, whether they were getting enough pressure on them the secondary, all that good stuff. But when you talk about the run defense, these guys played outstanding as far as the front seven is concerned, in my opinion, they were playing as a unit, and that's what you didn't see those first couple of games. You know, Michael Parsons talked about it last week. As far as hero ball is concerned, all right, everybody trying to do their own thing. Make sure they get to the football, make sure they are the one that makes the tackle this time. If you had the contained and the responsibility they had that contained brick wall, you got to go back that way if you want to be successful, and if you went back that way, that's where all the troops were coming from. So to me, it just looked like a team that was playing as a unit and finally kind of understood the scheme and believed in this scheme that Zimmer was putting out there. Because those guys, there were no you know, miss gaps. There were no oh, man, should I hit there or I'm hesitating here. I don't know, do I have the B gap when this happens? Do I have the A gap when that happens. Guys were playing one hundred miles an hour, and I don't care if they were playing wrong. They were all playing one hundred miles an hour. And that's what you got to do in this situation. You can't second guess yourself. You can't second guess the scheme that Zimmer has out there. And those guys they played as a unit, especially that front seven.
Speaker 4: What was big for me and I think what I questioned from this team, especially the even the Cleveland game, they look like a team that was playing a new defense. And they've looked like that that hesitancy that you're just talking about, and it seemed like these guys were not playing with the same muscle memory that they were playing with when they had Dan Quinn as the defensive coordinator. And little things that I noticed, like from Mazie in this game, and I don't know without talking to coach Zimmer personally, I can only get just guess that, you know, when I see Mazi looking like he you know it has two gap responsibilities. He's standing straight up and he's trying to, you know, stonewall these guys. But I don't know if he's big enough to be able to do it. I'm talking about hight wise, you gotta have some pretty long arms to be able to.
Speaker 2: Wand up in two gap like that.
Speaker 4: But what I did see in this game, and maybe this is maybe a new wrinkle for him and them just trying to play to his strengths, is him being able to shoot that gap and then make the offense shot to guess what he's doing, or come back around and stunt the backside a gap and allow guys to flow.
Speaker 2: And do things like that.
Speaker 4: But what eminently seemed like was the better part to me and this defense was absolutely seeing what you just said, those overshown being able to flow and run downhill, Hendrix being able to flow and run downhill. It made life so much better for that second level. And it just it just gave me those you know, the not very but guys like number fifty two Ray Lewis, guys like that that would flow and you always had an a.
Speaker 2: LOADI noda you always have.
Speaker 4: So you had a guy up front that really controlled that defense because he was the person that anchored that defense down in the middle, and if he was the one getting blown back, then the whole defense was compromised. And that's what I've been seeing these last couple of games, the defense be compromised, and guys like number fifty five losson like we hadn't lost, you know, we hadn't seen much from him, and the obviously we wanted to know what he was. Man lost and gave you some good reps. I'mb A fifty five gave you some good reps. And maybe he's a one trick pony with the bull rush aspect of it, but he and also Chauncey Golston, Chauncey Golsting, like you said, one hundred miles per hour.
Speaker 2: That's whenever I'm wrong, I'm going I'm fast, I'm going wrong, I'm gonna go fast, run through your face.
Speaker 4: And I'm telling you, I'm seeing him and just seeing him put the extra hustle in it. But that to me was the difference in that game last night. Now here's the other part about it. Malik Neighbors is the real deal. Dog.
Speaker 2: He is the real deal.
Speaker 4: Everybody anything they wanted, man, And I think coming into this, I wanted to kind of psyche myself out out. He did that versus them, he won't do that versus us, And man, he went out there and he played some ball and seeing our secondary have to make those adjustments. And I know we said we're gonna pick up on this a little bit later, but that was the perfect time to do it. Is the corner back play, but also the safety play. You being a form of safety for the Dallas Cowboys the Jacksonville Jaguars, you know a thing or two about playing the position.
Speaker 2: What just overall, I don't want to ask you for.
Speaker 4: A grade, but just in your expert opinion about the secondary and specifically the safeties, what have you been seeing from those guys and what do you question or what could they do better or what are they doing best to make this all flow well?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna start with the safeties, and when you talk about, you know, safety player, I believe Malik Hooker.
Speaker 2: This was probably one of his better games.
Speaker 6: When you talk about it out there, this guy is predominantly in a deep part of the field. He's that kind of ad Redish player that kind of has to roam back and forth and make sure nothing gets over top of his head. And we've seen that happen on occasion so far this season, especially that Baltimore game. You know, he was one of the he was victimized by a post corner that went right over his head. To me, he went out there and he made sure that nothing super explosive was getting over the middle. Yes, Daniel Jones was dotting this team up between you know, five and fifteen yards, He was dotting this team up, but those big time explosive plays, Malie Hooker made sure everything was kind of kept in front of him on at least on his side of the field. Now, when you talk about the corner play out there, there was a lot left to be desired, and that's something that's gonna worry me.
Speaker 2: And I hope and pray that dron Bland is gonna get back.
Speaker 6: Quick because we saw from the booth out there, the young man that they traded for during the off season.
Speaker 2: It just wasn't it just wasn't up to par, you know.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm trying to be as nice as I can when you talk about this, but it just wasn't up to par. I mean, the man was biting on double moves. And there's an old line, I forget. One of my offensive coordinators used to say it all the time to Dave's Brian when he got one of these corners out there, we got a fish on the hook. We got a fish on the hook. And you saw Daniel Jones in this offense. Make sure that they went at Daniel or a Daniel. They win at Andrew Booth each and every time. And that's why he had to come out of that game, because they were going at that man each and every time.
Speaker 2: And it was just like after a while, you could see.
Speaker 6: His confidence just slowly fade because he was not even trying to play press. He was like, y'all can have all that underneath it as I all get people to touchdown. But it was giving up those fifteen yards, those ten yarders. That was really just like, man, you're questioning your own skill set out there. You know, as a corner, you gotta have that short term memory. You're gonna get beat. You know, guys in this league are out standing on the officer side of the football, So you're gonna get beat, but you gotta have that short term memory to realize that, hey, I'm gonna be here, I'm gonna be here all day. And I saw that confidence slowly fade from Booth. So when they brought his replacement in there, I don't want to butcher his name.
Speaker 2: I'm a butcher. I don't want to do it. I love ar Warri number twenty seven. He went out there and he fought, He fought.
Speaker 6: He got beat too, but he fought out there, and that's what you gotta have in the secondary. You gotta have that short term memory. But overall, when I look at this secondary, because the pressure it just wasn't there on Dane Joney, the pressure it wasn't there.
Speaker 2: And he was able to dot these guys up.
Speaker 6: And that's something that's concerning to me because you know what, they love to play his own coverage and Zimmer system and we get all that, but you're gonna have to go against teams where eventually you're gonna have to try to lock up and outside of digs out there, are we confident that these guys can win these one on ones.
Speaker 2: Mo League Neighbors is a rookie.
Speaker 6: He's a dog, but he was a rookie out there, and they made that man look like he was you know, Odell Beckaman back in his prime.
Speaker 2: I mean it was.
Speaker 6: It was a lot left to be desired in that back end. But as newly and as everybody always says, the back don't work without the front, and you gotta get that rush out there. And to me, that's why I'm praying at the big bazooka, the missile gets back extremely fast because without him there is no pressure.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna be real about that, there's no pressure.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: Zimmer tried to bring some some slot pressure, some safety pressure in there, but then you're leaving you're already extremely th in secondary out there to get exposed. And if they had a better quarterback out there, I'm keeping in a hunting. If they had a better quarterback out there, a lot of things differently might have happened. Because he had some wide receivers that were behind these defensive backs throughout this game, but Daniel Jones wasn't able to hit him out there. So to me, I'm slightly concerned about this secondary going forward.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: This is one of the great things about working here at Dallascowboys dot Com. Obviously is the taj Mahel Football. Other than that, but still you get an opportunity to talk with you know, Super Bowl champions, all Pros, Pro Bowls, guys that have done it at a high level. You know, guys that have done all those things. So when you talk about you know, the position play and you know, wins, losses, things like that, you always get it put into perspective, you know, from guys that obviously can tell you. And I think for me as an analystis broadcaster to be able to feed off of that, to just see, all right, this is what I'm what I'm watching on tape in these safeties and I'm seeing these guys over committing over, you know, pretty much just taking bad angles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I will say that because that last throw it was like I think it was like thirty second on.
Speaker 2: That last jo that was a bad angle.
Speaker 6: Like if you know, half a step this way or that way, and my man's I think his name was h. Robinson, number seventeen, so that could have been a tub man.
Speaker 2: So that that is something I won't say. The angles out here is, you know, there's a lot left to be the act. I just put it like that, No, and and things like that.
Speaker 4: I think, especially when I was watching the Baltimore games, it was it was less bad angles in this game versus the Baltimore game got better, and you know, I questioned whether if that had anything to do with King hero You know this decisions were made.
Speaker 2: You didn't take that same angle last time.
Speaker 4: But anyway, that's a little bit more anxious to run into the five seven, two hundred and five pounds running back they ad back there. But you know some of those angles that I've been seeing in some of those games, just talking about guys playing hero Ball. To me, when you have a good safety, you know, when you have a good state. The ed Reads of the world, the Troy Polamalu's of the world. Even to to this day, Minka Fitzpatrick is one of those guys.
Speaker 2: He's a dog. When you watch him after, you're like, oh, yeah, that's a good what it looks like. That's what it looked like. And so like, I'm just seeing our safeties here lately.
Speaker 4: And that's why I say, guys that look like they're playing in a new defense. I'm seeing angles, especially from like Donovan Wilson. I'm seeing things out of Donovan Wilson that I hadn't seen before. And going back to this, I think it's fourth quarter, third quarter. It was a fourth down and the Giants went for plenty fourth downs, but Donald has the guy dead to rights and.
Speaker 2: He misses tackling.
Speaker 6: What tackling was an issue and it's been an issue all season long. And when you talk about Donald and Wilson here reminds me a lot of my running mate that I had here at Dallas and JJ Wilcox.
Speaker 2: I mean that they will come at.
Speaker 6: You one hundred miles an hour, and if they catch you, now you're gonna get lit up. They catch you, it's gonna be a light up show. But you know, if they don't, it's a big time with because I mean, they come at it one hundred miles and but and these guys are throwing shoulders and throwing elbows. I don't know what happened, but it used to be you know, you had to hit with a shoulder and wrap up. You know, it wasn't always about the big hitting coming in there and causing this huge collision.
Speaker 2: We love those.
Speaker 6: And when you're in a phone booth, in that box and you could just t off on somebody, amazing, But when you're in that open field, you gotta wrap up. And if it takes you, you know, going down and wrapping up that ankle and that man kind of dragging you for two yards, at least you getting down all right. When you with out there and that man gets other an extra five ten yards, that's when it really hurts you. That's that leaky, leaky yard as we talk about. So to me, the tackling, it's got to get a lot better in the open field. And the secondary wasn't the only ones out there missing tackles in the open field. But overall, i'd like to see, you know, maybe it's early in the season and maybe they'll get you know, the used to because they didn't do any preseason action, but they got to get better than the tackling.
Speaker 4: What's going to hurt them, man, we'll talking about getting drug and having to do better. We got to talk about our offensive line and some usual suspects that we have on our offensive line. Man, But either way, this is the player's lounge and it is victorm Friday. We hand it out loafs earlier. Man, I don't know you're going to take your us home. Man, feed the family. Oh wait, it's the players loud. We'ld be right back. I'm Cowboys alumni Danny mccraig here with Smoothie King asking what's that sound. That's the sound of me sipping one of their powerpacks smoothies with over ten grams of protein with real fruits and organic veggies.
Speaker 2: Because that's Smoothie King. What you see is what you sip.
Speaker 4: So grab a delicious Smoothie King Smoothie, throw a straw in your jaw. It gets sipping Real Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what truly means to be a Boss. Get yours today at nflshop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 7: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and.
Speaker 2: Off the reels.
Speaker 7: Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, A Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys gambling problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 9: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cutfries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Canes. When it comes to winning Game Day, Caines rules raising, canees, chicken fingers, one love, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: To the players Lounge.
Speaker 4: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboy Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboy fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys. This is the Player's Lounge. He is Barry Church and I am Heck Maharrison. Newie Scruggs is on his way to Manhattan right now. So yeah, he's gonna be out. I'm thinking we're gonna see newly to Tuesday. So Tuesday, yeahah, so that a lot of things going on.
Speaker 2: And look, man, we gotta give it up to Newie right now. Ah, you're right, man, I'm glad he ain't here to hear this. Man, give it up. Man.
Speaker 4: So we picked scores, and I don't know where he picked how. I don't even know how he came up with this score.
Speaker 2: Inside of info. I'm saying something new. He scruggs. His score was nineteen fourteen. It's crazy. How the hell.
Speaker 4: The hell nineteen No way, he called it good thing. He's not a betting man, you know what. The other part is that this offensive line, obviously we pull out the win.
Speaker 2: But Barry, I just look, this is Look.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be a part of the crowd that overreacts to anything. But when I see Tyler Geydon and I understand playing the left tackle position one is the premier position on the offensive line other than the quarterback. You have to have a guy that can hold down the fort. You have some of the best players in the National Football League. San Francisco definitely has one that is that sets the tone for everything that they do. But man, I'm watching guiding and I'm saying to myself, Dak watch out, yeah, Dak.
Speaker 2: The blindside, right, yeah, Dak, watch out.
Speaker 4: Thibodeau on one man, he went up up, went upfield, swept back in underneath, and I'm telling you, Tyler Guidon didn't even have a chance to put a hand on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Fact and things like that to me, Barry, it worries me and It concerns me when you have the hinest paid quarterback in the National Football League one bull rush your way or one you know, swim move or whatever away from being hit in the back.
Speaker 2: Look, it's concerning.
Speaker 4: And we've had to deal with this game after game after game, and we're getting to the point where even with the penalties and things like that, it's just like it's I don't want to say disaster waiting to happen, but we're getting there. As it relates to the penalties and the sacks allowed. Yeah, yeah, one of those things that you know, you got to talk about it.
Speaker 2: It is the penalties, you know, it is.
Speaker 4: And to me, you know, I was talking to Nate Big Nate Newton yesterday while we were doing the pregame, and he said, he's getting beat on the consistent like you said, the up and undermove where he believes he's over setting because he's kind of worried about that player's speed and getting beat on the outside, but he's giving up a lot on the inside. And we saw Thibodeaux, we saw Burns, you know, using that to their advantage, hitting them with that outside step, getting them to open up and then boom, using their speed to come right back inside.
Speaker 6: And I don't know, I didn't play the offensive line, but I don't know if it's a strength thing, a technique thing, whatever the case may be. But once they get to that inside leverage on them, they seem to be able to take that half man, that half shoulder wherever he's at and kind of drive him right back into the quarterback and either getting the sack causing a pressure or forcing Dak Prescott to get off his mark, get out of the pocket and start, you know, scrambling around trying to make something happen. And that's when it gets tough, you know, for a quarterback because we always, you know, defensively, we've been taught that that inside pressure is the hardest at the quarterback. Don Brady used to hate it with people be right up into your face.
Speaker 2: You try to.
Speaker 6: Step up in the pocket and you're like, oh man, I got deal with this big dude right here. And you know, if you get that edge pressure, they can always step up and kind of finangle their way inside the pocket. But when you got guys on the outside being able to swim inside and getting that interior pressure, I mean, that's that causes a little bit of concern out there, and we all know guidance on the left side, the blind side, and there's there comes to time and a point where you start to say, man, do we need to put some more resources towards helping him? Do we need to have some chipping guys out there as a tight end, maybe Ferguson or hell Boogie out there trying to chip or running back going over to his side.
Speaker 2: Because as of as that.
Speaker 6: Game progressed, you saw, they were kind of like, all right, man, we're trying to give it to you now, we're trying to, you know, let you do what you gotta do on that outside to be that premier left tackle. But time and time again he was, you know, either getting pressured on or like you said, he was getting hit or sack. So you know, maybe we should talk to the big name dude and to see what he knows about it. But to me, it's just like, man, you know, he's left a lot to be desired these first couple of games playing that left tackle position.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Look, man, here's the deal about me. Man, I Nate Newton is the only friend that I have that is an offensive lineman. I don't hang with offensive line. Tell you, man, there's great people. But hey, you know I call him despicable humans. Man, I'm telling you that. I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: Despicable fellas. Man.
Speaker 4: They do so much damage. Man, They roll on you, get your other They do so many dirty things to you. Man. With you know, having those conversations with Nate Newton and not just I kid about despicable humans, but either way, having that opportunity to talk to somebody like him, and you know it's to me, I think, as Nata said to me, it's just getting out leveraged, you know, being you know, not being able to step out completely. And when he does, I mean he's too far over his skis one way or another, and the guy's able here to move on him and he gets beat badly. To me, when I look at him, I'm just talking about physicality, eyeball testings, you know, Like I guess we're spoiled because we used to have a guy that set out there six seven six ' eight, three hundred and fifteen pounds and he was chiseled out.
Speaker 2: Of grant and a dog from rookie season, you know, and he fight seven.
Speaker 4: I mean, he had heavy hands, man, and he would beat pound on dudes and you would see that, you know what it was happening over a game man, and at the end of it, you just like, man, that is hard to get around somebody that that that big and physical and just not allowing you any room. On the other side, when I look at Guiding and I know that he's a rookie, they have so much that he needs to improve on.
Speaker 2: But getting in that weight room, get he doesn't look very strong to me. That's that's the thing I was taught.
Speaker 6: Like to me, when you go out there and you know, I played against tier and I played against some of the best out there. When they put them hands on you, even if you beat them on the inside and they got one punch on you, guys was feeling that.
Speaker 2: You you can see it on tape. Oh man, get my chest, my.
Speaker 6: Chest, Like I don't see that when guys beat him on the inside, like yesterday, he would get the.
Speaker 2: Hands on him and they would kind of just get through there, let me right through there.
Speaker 6: And to me, it's just like I said, I don't know if it's a strength issue, a technique issue, or whatever the case may be, but the hands just don't seem heavy or punishing enough. And like I said, I've been spoiled because I played with you know, Big seven seven.
Speaker 4: When he put them palls on you, it was a different story. You stopped exactly. We want to pick these games, man. We talked about the victory. We had the twenty four hour rule on no matter what, we got a rough patch ahead. Don't get comfortable, Cowboy Nation, because after this we have the Pittsburgh Steelers. After that we have Detroit, the Detroit Lions. Was it Detroit? Then we have a bye, and then after San Frand and then we go to the in Atlanta. So it doesn't get any easier by any stretch. Let's run it down, all right.
Speaker 5: So first game we're gonna pick this week is the Rams at Chicago. I'll give you new He's pick if you like. Yeah, first he's picking the ramsay and his score for the Rams is twenty three.
Speaker 2: Fifteen, playing in Chicago.
Speaker 5: That's in Chicago, yes, h yeah, that's that's the tough too.
Speaker 4: Still man, yeah, I'm man, I'm gonna have to go with Shottown on this one. I'm going Shottown. I think they're missing a lot in Caleb Williams. It's a game that he needs to make up for. And they're playing in Chicago, So I'm gonna go Chicago on this one. Yeah, in Chicago. Yeah, that defense for Chicago is cold.
Speaker 6: So you know what, I'm gona have to go with Chicago as well. You know, pookaing them being out. Stafford is playing amazing. You know, I gotta give Chicago this one. I'm gonna go twenty one to fourteen, Chicago.
Speaker 2: Twenty one fourteen, I go to twenty fifteen. Right point down? All right?
Speaker 5: So next game we got is Minnesota at green Bay. Green Bay's getting two.
Speaker 2: And a half? Is Love playing Love? The reports are he's.
Speaker 5: Gonna play I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Question?
Speaker 5: And they're playing in green Bay, in green Bay, Minnesota at green Bay.
Speaker 2: What's newiest? What's the newest pick? He picked?
Speaker 5: Green Bay twenty one twenty.
Speaker 4: Oh man, you know what, I'm gonna go with the Vikings on this one.
Speaker 2: I'm going with the Vikings. I'm going with the boogey Man by By. Yeah, guy got a player. Yeah, he got a plan over there, man.
Speaker 4: And I think I like the Vikings defense, even though they have some firepower now on offense.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with the Vikings. I'm gonna go twenty four to seventeen. Yeah, I'm gonna go with man.
Speaker 6: If it was Jordan love out, for sure, go Green Bay. But you know what, I'm gonna still go with him. I like what Malik Willis was doing out there. He's past couple of games, So gim me Green Bay in a low one seventeen fourteen.
Speaker 5: Man, all right, right, next game up, we got Philly going to Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay is Philly is favored by two and a half going to Tampa Bay.
Speaker 2: You're gonna go shaking Baker on this one.
Speaker 5: And I knew he went with Philly ninety six twenty three.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm gonna tell you something. Man at the Blue Eagles, you know how I try to spoise him, but I'm gonna have to take the bull Eagles on this one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take the Bull Eagles. Yeah. No, this feels nast day, that feels naw. That takes back is wrong, that feels wrong.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna do that Bull Eagles. I'm gonna go twenty seven seventeen.
Speaker 2: Oh I could. I can't believe it.
Speaker 6: A New Day, Ladies of New Day I'm gonna go ahead and go with You know, my boy came more up north, So I'm gonna go Philly on this one.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight, twenty four, twenty eight, twenty four. What you got, Chris?
Speaker 5: All right? Next game we got Washington traveling to Arizona.
Speaker 2: Be a good game.
Speaker 5: Arizona is favored by five.
Speaker 2: Be a good game.
Speaker 4: It's a long travel though for Washington. I'm gonna go first. It's a long travel.
Speaker 5: Oh, by the way, new he picked Arizona thirty one, twenty four.
Speaker 6: Okay, I used to hate going all the way out in those long games. So give me Arizona. Give me my boy.
Speaker 2: Call of duty, Kyler Murray, let me get Arizona. Already won.
Speaker 4: Phil or No, not Philly Washington twenty one. You know what, I'm gonna have to go with Arizona. They have a wide receiver over their last name, Harrison. He's obviously from a good family. So I'm gonna go with the Arizona Cardinals and seventeen.
Speaker 5: Ten and our last game we're picking is going to be Seattle at Detroit. Detroit's favored by four and a half.
Speaker 2: Seattle at Detroit.
Speaker 5: And then knew he went with Detroit thirty one twenty two.
Speaker 2: It was so crazy.
Speaker 4: I was seeing to myself the other day, I don't even know who. This is a bad thing to admit. I don't know who Seattle's coach is.
Speaker 2: The cat from Baltimore?
Speaker 4: Who is I don't even know, Like I couldn't pick him in a lineup. I mean, we've got so much stuff going on around here.
Speaker 6: I have no idea who they coachyt our old D line coaches the DC.
Speaker 2: Now is it okay? All right? Thank you man? They can bring me into the note.
Speaker 4: I was like, sales undefeated, right, No, that's what I'm saying that they you haven't heard anything about them.
Speaker 2: Who you got, man? Who who do new? He go with? You said Detroit?
Speaker 5: He went with Detroit thirty one twenty two.
Speaker 6: I think Detroit is getting if they're getting back to that mentality where we're a run first team. So in Detroit giving me, yeah, give me the Lions twenty four to seventeen.
Speaker 2: You know, the word of the week has been front runner, right, So I'm on, I would go I'm gonna go with Detroit.
Speaker 4: I would go with Detroit on this is Detroit at the crib pink Gators, baby my Detroit players. Yeah, sir, twenty three, I'm going twenty three fourteen, twenty three fourteen.
Speaker 2: That's all I got. That's all you got. Man. It look black bows and Beletic conact in Detroit. But we did.
Speaker 4: I think Monday we'll be back on the players lines. Hey, y'all celebrate, don't y'all. Let these people tell y'all that that was an ugly win. That's a good, good job, all that players downs put it up.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.