Speaker 1: You're listening to I Choose Me with Jenny Girl. Welcome back to I Choose Me. My friend and hairstylist Chas Dene is back to talk about obviously hair. He has been keeping mine healthy for since I was young, and now my hair is back to being healthy again. My hair is back to being beautiful again because I found you again and I trusted you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look so good. Hope they know that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're just gonna get into talking about hair. So let's do this. I want to say that your whole concept of double cleanse and you told me I'm eight to nine pumps per cleanse. Everybody's different based on their hairlink. So you have one product in your shower, you use it twice, just.
Speaker 2: Like you would Champ poo rints, condition rerins. So and I forgot about it. Just came up recently, like on Instagram or whatnot about should I shampoo and they mean realterally shampoo shampoo once or twice and like wef you use a lot of products, you should shampoo twice. And it's been since nineteen ninety three. I forgot about that that you used to your first shampoo wasn't so oh my god, rewarding because it didn't feel it felt lackluster. So you would do two shampoos and then condition. This is actually honestly less steps. I forgot about two shampoos and one condition.
Speaker 1: Became like addicted to the stripping. Yeah, the feeling of like, oh my hair is so clean.
Speaker 2: It's like like squeaky, it squeak, cripp and that's not good. It literally means you've literally stripped your air of all the moisture everything good. Yeah, there's beneficial bacterias that woard off the bad stuff. So you what you've washed those, cleanse those away your color that Yeah, well that's with lather, I'm saying, with lather, we're stripping all that away. With that squeak, we want to do nothing. Yeah, So the cleansing conditioner, you're using the same cleansing condition for first and second cleanse. The first one acts as if as if you're shampoo right taking out the dirt, the grind, the oils and the products in your hair without stripping it, without the ladd and then your second one is the one that that's only one to two minute cleans just like shampoo should be. And then your second one is the one that stays on three to five minutes. If you're gonna shave, if you're gonna do a treatment, the longer it's on, the better, But three to five minutes and work it through. Came it through, clip it up. Cleanse your face, cleanse your body, Shave your legs with the same cleansing conditioner. You'll be blown away, soft and silky your skin is. And when you shave with when you will never use shave hairund because it gives you all those razor bumps and burns and strips your skin as well.
Speaker 1: And you know that this product is clean, it's good for us. Like it's all made with natural things, potanical.
Speaker 2: Oils, and everything's in threes. I guess lies its are there.
Speaker 1: But you know, like having just one product that does everything is crazy. What about for those women that are like, I wash my hair every single day, how do you convert them?
Speaker 2: Well? They can, It's.
Speaker 1: They can still cleaning book car models.
Speaker 2: She works out every day, so she does. I'm like, the more the more you it's just to me, I feel like you're wasting it then because you don't have to, you get what I mean? So you can cleanse your and swipe every day. You'll notice your hair. Well, what you'll notice is it's growing faster because you're stimula in your scalp every day now, so you well notice that if you're cleansing every day with when and it gets more hydrated and better. As long as you're not using hot tools. And that's why we say, as long as you're not blow drying and then curl irons and flowersky. Yeah, that means now you've gone from doing that two or three times a week or twice a week to now doing that every day, and that's bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah you say no hot tools, No, okay, you know no blow dryers.
Speaker 2: Well I ceah. I created one because I got tired of those burning the hair, so I created one that doesn't exceed to it. Tell us the name of it, the wind Rush dryer. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed with That's all I use. Now, that's all.
Speaker 2: I won't burn. It's full or thicker and stronger and healthier, I know.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't get too hot so that it doesn't and it makes my hair so glossy and gorgeous, like something happens with that brush and the conditioning clums in.
Speaker 2: It's a magic but the element is is what I give the example is the ones that were out there that and they're high end, they're like six hundred plus. Yeah, which one. So the drying thing the dryers, yes, and they were burning the hair. It was too much heat. So I gave the example. If you know, I'm vegan. So if you were baking a sweet potato or salmon or a turkey dinner, and you put it in the oven and you want to cook it faster, you turn it from three fifty up to five point fifty. You are not going to cook it faster. Your salmon is going to burn from the outside. The inside will stay raw. Sweet potato will burn from the outside, it will never cook inside. And the same thing with your turkey, your Thanksgiving turkey, and burn it from the outside and it will stay rang on the inside because you've burned it from the outside in. If you keep it at your three fifty where you're supposed to cook it, it will eat heat evenly and cook evenly. And that's like the brush dryer. You're not overheating it, so it's not burning it from the outside in. It's drying it evenly at the right key, so it dries quickly.
Speaker 1: You get it, it does, It dries quickly. It's been the best thing I've ever done, is convert to your dry.
Speaker 2: Your hair so much wonder and stronger.
Speaker 1: I have a whole cabinet I don't even want to show you full of hot tools.
Speaker 2: God, I'm going to go throw them away.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I have every flower sprinkle iron, a small barrel, big barrel spiral.
Speaker 2: Would you wrap it around your finger? Would you? If you won't touch it to your skin, you shouldn't. Like the brush dryer. You can run it over your hand and whatnot your arm. And that's the test I say, with your blow dry run it across your forearm and once you hit and you stop, like you can keep it moving. Once you stop on one spot, it's burning your skin. It's burning your hair. What is it that?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you know when you get your your blow out, you don't know this anymore. But the smoke that comes off.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's that part's not horrible. What it is is generally it depends. If your hair doesn't have leaving products, it's your hair burning. If your hair has leaving products, it's the moisture from them. So that's not bad.
Speaker 1: That's what's perfect about to burn off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it depends. There are ones without putting leaving products and protective products in it and high heats. It is hair burning. Can smell hair burning. But if you don't smell hair burning and you see steam because ours you do. Like when my guys style and there two in the breash and I'm like, god, you guys are steaming it up in here. That's the moisture from the leaving condition and that's what's actually protecting your hair. So there is a difference. So you look really good. Your hair is just all that. You have to remember that before you go live. Just give Oh yeah, the more you touch it, the better it gets.
Speaker 1: Okay, it kind of gives you that freshly you know what hair kind.
Speaker 2: Of have you kind of have member Melrose place with head lock there. It didn't watch care. I never watch I was too busy making it working. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thanks, he just give me a hair touch up, thanks, Chaz. Okay, you've also said to give up bleach every people. We love being blonde. My daughters like everyone want to bleach that without bleach.
Speaker 2: Gosh.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm just saying this for the people that don't understand because I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people don't know how I do. I'm like, I use color. I've never done I've done that with you, with Nicolaatri, all of you guys. I've never used leach. It's always been color. So yeah, you can.
Speaker 1: Get a different because you're in it's not breaking down your hair.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, what happens is your hair gets thinner, thinner, thinner and weaker, and then it doesn't grow.
Speaker 1: You guys, when I went to see Chaz like it before, I don't know, eight months ago whatever, it was wispy at the end. It was like scragdually, like a goat had chewed it. Yeah, and I was desperate.
Speaker 2: And yours as much as all your growth since you've seen me. Yeah, you're like five six inches of growth, about six inch of growth since you've seen me. And when you lift it out, you see and all the ends will get like that in time. By the end the next year, it will all be as full as your crown is.
Speaker 1: My gosh, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Because she was bleached. When she came back to me, I'm like, and thank you Melissama Golf, because you're the one that said, why does Jenny not come? She needs to come back to you. I'm like, well, tell her, I know me what.
Speaker 1: We talked our hosts about everything, and we all talk about how much we love you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I got because Melissa, when I met her, her hair was like straw. She knows that's the first one to tell you. I told her what to do. She listened, and now her hair is incredible, and she was like, so, why is Jenny. I'm like, I don't know. Our life's just kind of drifted apart and not not in It's just life happens. Not anymore. They'll go, no, we're back.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could ever go back to bleaching my hair out because I just care about it.
Speaker 2: They feel so good to take.
Speaker 1: Care of all of these little guys.
Speaker 2: Get better and better. And the other part, can I be honest with them as well as that. I got her to stop predominantly doing clippings because they take a toll in the wealth they do. We're a halo, it's you and a host a host. I'm like, just do a halo those clip ones every time they go in. Every time I've.
Speaker 1: Stopped wearing on your hair, I've stopping because I noticed that it was breaking my hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it breaks your hair.
Speaker 1: And I've used every kind of extension known to man, like since in your hair Penny remember, do you remember Penny? The first guy that did extensions in Hollywood? Can remember's last name was Penny. He was very out there. But I've been doing all the extensions all my life and I'm just so happy. I feel so free that halo.
Speaker 2: You pop it in, pop it out, and there's zero weight on your hair. So if you don't know what halos are, it's like a fishing wire that goes on your crown and you should never see it. And that's what some people are like, Oh but I see. I'm like no, All you got to do is take a comb and comb it down and it disappears. But there's zero weight on your hair. And yes it can clip in the back, but it's not holding it. What it's doing keeping it tight to your head so when you spin and move, it doesn't fly out like an umbrella.
Speaker 1: Or just visit or use has as products and you want exactly, Okay, this is my last question.
Speaker 2: And I don't make halos. I just I believe in them, exactly. I don't make any of those products. I just believe in them, and I don't want. I want to stop damaging your hair.
Speaker 1: You have seen women through in your chair, through divorces, career, collapses, grief, joy, everything in your experience. How does the way a woman treats her hair reflects how she treats herself? Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: One hundred percent? It's what I love doing. Is what it does is when you feel better about how you look, it automatically instills confidence. And that's what it is. That what it gives you as a confidence booster. And I said, that's what I do every and that is that is why I do what I do. They'll be the first one to tell, yes, when enhanced is that? Of course it does because it keeps you there, but being in the chair to give you that jumpstart boost and then you maintain it at home. It's like, I keep looking at you like you're glowing. You look better now than you I think ever have. I'm not joking.
Speaker 1: You like older women. You remember you liked you were in love with Nicole shared, Nicholas shared, and when you were younger.
Speaker 2: Huh, I see what's going on here? No? You do? You just look rating and you're glowing. She's glowing It's true.
Speaker 1: It has helped. What's the first small hair change that you recommend to a woman who is finally ready to choose herself and stop abusing her hair.
Speaker 2: Oh already, I would say, stop with the shampoo, stop with the bleach, and stop with the hot tools and extensions and all that stuff. Stop. Just embrace your natural self in the way that best represents you, that makes sense, and your lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, coming back to yourself, come back to your Yeah, I've come back to my hair.
Speaker 2: That's my point. But I think you're even better than it was back. Probably just wait because you're just February and what do weay July about seven months in? You know, you're seven months into it. Basic, six months into.
Speaker 1: It, I say, I'm a win girl.
Speaker 2: Now yeah, now you really are? Yeah really, But a year from now or by next when February hits again, all this is all your new hair and it's just gonna be like flipped that head.
Speaker 1: And I can't cheat on you either. Did you know that I go to hotels, I take my wind right because I travel a lot. It's always with me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's true. She has it with her. I'm like I have travel packs, have whatever. She's like, do you have travel size styling cream and moose. I'm like, yes, I do. I have all of that. The only other part I do have to get you, and I'm outing it here is the woman who does your hair. I need to get her on all the wind things that I want her to use, even the hair sprays, because if you using the wrong hairspray, it's going to have a lot of chemicals and a lot of alcohol that's going to alter your hair.
Speaker 1: Wait, you have hairspray.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I have the best hairspray. It has like skin of that. We have eleven amino houses, peptides, cogiebray. I sit. If you read the ingredients in my dry cleanser as well, our dry cleanser sounds like skincareacter.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This is why I had chazz On, not only because you're just a really incredible human being and what you've built is amazing and very inspiring to me as a business woman. I look up to you as a businessman and think, like, you know, if he can do it, I can do it. I can I can ask him for tips and tricks like you are the best. So I wanted to share this not I'm not making money off of when you guys, I just I just wanted to share. I just have good hair because of it, and I just want to share with all of our listeners how my hair transformed because of you and your products. So that being said, you can find Chaz Dean at his studio in Los Angeles or live on his Instagram pretty much every.
Speaker 2: Day of the week, TikTok, live on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Oh, my gosh, I can't.
Speaker 2: He knows that. And then the salon in New York I'm in. I go back every five to six weeks generally. So I'm at fifty nine Grande Avenue in the West Village and it's gorgeous. When you're there, you have to combine and see it's beautiful. I want buildings from eighteen forty five completely renovated.
Speaker 1: I will check it out, but everybody out there check out is amazing products at Chasdea dot com or of course on QVC. Thank you so much for sitting down with me and my love.
Speaker 2: Thank you