Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw of Dating Preferred Dating, partner of the Dallas Cowboys and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters.
Speaker 4: At the Star.
Speaker 3: Now your hosts, Jess Navarees, Aisha Morrison, Kelsey Charles, and Jane Slater.
Speaker 5: Welcome into Girls Talk, Boys Talk.
Speaker 6: I am back in the seat after a much needed day off. Sorry, guys, it was a rough one on Saturday. It was about an eighteen hour day or Sunday rather, it's all running together. It was an eighteen hour day and then I had to be back up at the Star. So Kelsey, thank you for sitting in the host seat and glad to go back and I am refreshed, I'm prepped. I've got some interesting news and nuggets for y'all. And I also want to welcome Men Jazz. We also have a female producer.
Speaker 5: I'm a huge fan of so Jazz.
Speaker 6: Throughout the show, I might ask you to chime into so just a heads up.
Speaker 7: She's incredible and amazing every single way.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, we love.
Speaker 6: Jesse Jazz all right, So Dak Prescott with a successful surgery on Monday. As we reported earlier this week, the timeline has shifted from six to eight weeks to a much more optimistic four to six weeks.
Speaker 5: Ladies.
Speaker 6: Mike McCarthy sang the goals to get him back involved in practice since they decided against an IR designation. But the first stage is this eight to ten days of healing up, depending on how he feels. And as he's been described, he's the heart and soul of the team. McCarthy would like to have him on the headsets the same way that we've seen in the past, guys like Tyron Smith, Layton Vandersh In the past, the Cowboys have average nearly ten fewer points and one hundred fewer total yards per game in games with Alt Prescott and the Mike McCarthy era. That's fun, all right, So moving forward, Cooper rushers starter, and a few thoughts in the locker room today about rush from Zach Martin.
Speaker 4: Scoop's been here a long time. He's very smart. Guy, knows Zach what's going on. But there's always kind of that like I wonder how we'll do in a game, and I think he kind of showed that last year in the Minnesota game. Came in and did a great job. I've gotta win, and so I think everyone's got all the confidences in the world, and I know, I know Dak's spent all the conference in the world on him. So the nice thing is Coop. Coop's very locked into what's going on. He's very smart guy, so there's really no difference there as far as that goes.
Speaker 6: All right, Yeah, he said he spreads the confidence throughout the huddle, and that's a big thing.
Speaker 5: So here's a Zeke.
Speaker 6: I enjoyed Zeke's very emphatic take on Coop today when we asked him about Cooper Rush.
Speaker 8: I mean, I've been around Coup for a long time. So he came in a year after me. I think one year he wasn't here. But I mean I've been around Coop a lot. We spent a lot of time together. So you know, personally, I know Coop knows it. I know he's he's on top of his offense. I know he knows it inside out. Maybe not as well as Dak, but you know very well. And so I mean we all got a lot of confidence in Cooper.
Speaker 6: I don't know if the fans or myself has as much confidence as Zach Martin and Ezekiel Elliott are selling to us.
Speaker 5: They all say a lot of this has to do with his.
Speaker 6: Performance on the road when they picked up a win in Minneapolis. But guys, that's when you had a guy like Leale Collins on the offensive line.
Speaker 5: That's when you had Tyron Smith.
Speaker 6: That's when you had Amuri Cooper who raised his hand and said he wanted the ball. Aysha will start with you argue as confident and Cooper Rush as the guys in the locker room were today when we asked about.
Speaker 9: It, I'm not gonna say I'm I think it sounds like what they're confident on is maybe just the playbook like him know because they refer to him knowing like just as much as Dak or almost as much as Dak. And I'm gonna assume that that is the football side of it, in the language and in the playbook. But as far as him as a player, I I said what I said yesterday, and I meant it is that I think that, yeah, that you do have the fact that he has the experience there. But at the same time, I look at what's gonna be the difference in the delivery of the ball, just how fast the ball comes out, just his process and things like that.
Speaker 10: And I'm not I have.
Speaker 9: Never really been particularly like over excited about Cooper Rush. However, I do think that Kellen Moore has the opportunity to put him in good positions with running the ball and opening up things for him offensively to help him out.
Speaker 6: And that's what Mike said today, They've got to open up the playbook for him.
Speaker 5: Just your thoughts.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So, I'm actually we keep hearing about this game against the Vikings. I haven't actually looked at the stats from that game until right now. I'm just sweeping through him, and you know, it doesn't look bad. But like you said, it was a much different team last year. So the Cowboys last time, you know, Cooper Rush was in that position. I had a total yardage of four hundred and nineteen three hundred and forty one passing yards, seventy eight rushing yards, And I mean they did.
Speaker 7: They looked good. And Cooper Rush himself, going back to those he.
Speaker 11: Had let's see, forty attempts with the ball completed, twenty four of them. He had a total of three hundred and twenty five yards and two touchdowns one interception. So not a bad game for a backup, but.
Speaker 6: Also Zimmer lost his job after that season. Yeah, that's how good the vikings were.
Speaker 11: Right, I was about to say, not a bad game, but also not a bad game for a backup quarterback that had the O line that they had last year. So my confidence level in Coop is as high as it can be with what he has around him, because I don't necessarily think that it's just Coop that could be the reason that the team doesn't win, right. I think there's so many different factors, and we saw that it goes back to play calling, It goes back to wide receivers being you know, open catching balls, fundamental football that was like.
Speaker 7: My favorite from yesterday.
Speaker 11: Goes back to are they going to fix the things that cost them the game?
Speaker 7: Penalties?
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 11: My favorite thing to come back to are it's not necessarily Cooper Rush that I don't think the fan base doesn't have the confidence in. I think it's just the offense as a whole right now. And then you you take Dac out and that confidence level drops automatically, no matter what, no matter who it is, if it's Cooper Rush, if it's if it's Will Greer, no matter who is in that QB two position, your confidence level is just not gonna be the same as your QB one. So going in, I'm not I'm optimistic. I'm trying to be optimistic here, Kelsey.
Speaker 6: These are two quarterbacks, though, that are on your roster now that you're expected to get you through.
Speaker 5: I think it's I don't think it's gonna be four games.
Speaker 6: I think we're pushing the five six week window at least.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, you had you told us this week you had a very similar surgery. But these are two quarterbacks you passed the waivers. There was no respect for them, even as backups for any thirty one other teams in the league. I think that's what concerns me. And You've got plenty of tape on Cooper Rush, so if another team was interested in picking him up, he was there for your taking and they didn't.
Speaker 5: And so I also like to put to bed.
Speaker 6: I know we had talked about Jimmy g being one of those names. I had gotten some random texts today. This is how it works on my phone. A random text today that the Cowboys were going after Jimmy G and there were picks involved, and I was like, not a chance. But I did my due diligence and I can confirm talking to multiple sources, Dallas did not even pick up the phone on Jimmy G.
Speaker 7: So there's that that's not surprising by any means.
Speaker 6: No, but Kelsey, your thoughts on Ed Cooper, who is getting pushed by Will Grey in camp?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, listen, I think there's we have to think about the fact that on paper, this is a guy who's had one career NFL start. He was Jason Garrett guy. Let's not forget. I mean, he comes then a year after Zeke. He actually has a brief stint in New York when Jason Garrett go up there. How many times did we talk about people not respecting what Jason Garrett's putting on the table as an OC, been as a head coach, and again as an OC over in New York. So I just for me, I definitely think that this is nothing against Cooper Rush, but there's going to be a significant drop up a drop off, excuse me. And I think one of the things that as Cowboys fans and people that have been around the team for a minute, could definitely acknowledge is that we've been spoiled over here, you know, in Star City, if you will, our backup quarterback situation, when you have guys like who have literally been career starters in the league. You've got the Kyle Ortons, You've got the Matt Castles, You've got you know Sanchez who's literally coaching these guys up. Say what you will about each of them. They may not have been the caliber of an Aaron Rodgers, but they still were leading offenses for a significant amount of time. So yes, I am concerned, and I think it's a really big task to ask Cooper Rush to carry this team through I mean a quarter dare I say almost a half of the season.
Speaker 6: Well, And I think the other concern I have is is even when Dak was healthy, how anemic this offense looked and felt that they didn't seem to get something going. And so you know, you had Dak throwing in a tight windows, there seemed to be some miscues out there, and how is that going to get better with a guy like couper Rush. I mean, I guess the silver lining is he got some working in the preseason. Something that Dak didn't is that the one silver lining that we look.
Speaker 10: For, it's going to be an all around effort here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, when you lose a guy like a Dak Prescott, everybody got to come on with it. So that means the receiver's got to finish their routes, that means they have to block through their routes. It means everyone is flying off the line, and it's a one hundred percent effort. So I'm not you're You're gonna have to have some heart going forward. This team is going to have to dig deep to make a for the loss of their quarterback. I'm not saying it's not possible, because again, it would appear that you somewhat have a run game out here in these streets and obviously you know I mean the Bucks.
Speaker 10: Hey, say what you want to say. The Bucks D line ain't no sleeper and they did, granted they.
Speaker 9: Went away from it at some point in time, but you do have some success there and that's going to help any quarterback, any quarterback. And it's weird because when you look at a quarterback like a Cooper Rush, I would expect for them to it seems like he's not afraid.
Speaker 10: When he got in there, he just started, you.
Speaker 9: Know, he not afraid to kind of you know, throw the ball down the field and stuff like that. So maybe you do get a little bit of goodness from recklessness at times.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 6: And well, and so I love that you brought up the run game. I think the key against the Bengals is this commitment to the run game. You know, Zeke said that over and over today, and he said his ten touches were simply not enough. Agree, Well, you're going up against the Bengals, who have the seventh rushing d in the league. Let's again look at Ezekiel Elliott's line against Tampa Bay Bucks. He led the Cowboys of ten carries fifty two rushing yards in Week one Tony Pollard and six carries for eight rushing yards. Ezekiel Elliott has not had one hundred plus rushing yards, y'all are gonna find this was actually a little shocking to me since Week five in twenty twenty one versus the Giants.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thirteen straight game.
Speaker 6: Thirteen straight games Kelsey under one hundred rushing yards. This has been the longest in his career. And when I look at what they were able to do against the Steelers in Nauji Harris, they gave up two hundred and sixty seven yards, so.
Speaker 5: Maybe there's an opertunity.
Speaker 6: Naji Harris or Naji Harris rather was only able to get twenty three yards and a touchdown. So that's what concerns me when we talk about this commitment to the run. Again, it didn't necessarily work against the Bucks. I don't you know, even though we saw him get his fifty three yard or his fifty two rushing yards. I I'll be interested to see how this works because this is a very stingy defense.
Speaker 11: We talk Bengals, and I think a lot of it too is we have no way of knowing if Zeke could have surpassed that one hundred yard mark because he only got ten touches during this game. And when you look back, and I watched some of the film like shit with you in mind, I don't know how you watch the whole game was not able to be that strong, if you will. But you know, when you look Zeke was doing he wasn't doing bad. He's averaging what five point two yards of carry? That tells me feed the man more, keep giving him the ball.
Speaker 13: It was.
Speaker 11: It wasn't Zeke that didn't get the run going. It was the play calling that gave up and didn't establish the run or allow him to continue to establish the.
Speaker 7: Run even going into the second quarter.
Speaker 11: I mean, and then the second half of the game, the run was basically non existent. It was it wasn't there at all, right, And and you know, I think Cowboys fans got kind of what they wanted when when they got Tony Pollard getting in and you know, here's the thing, Tony Pollard in the pass pro also non existent. When when you look back at things and it's it's hard because with a guy like Zeke, you have to give him that time to establish the run. You can't just say, hey, have the ball ten times and you're gonna have a one hundred yard game. That's not how that's not how it works well.
Speaker 6: And I love that you brought that up because that's something that we've talked about around here, is Zeke is more successful when you're constantly feeding him. And so that's the importance of feeding him, keeping him you know, in the in the game. But you know, he and I kind of talked off to the side. It's tough when you're also getting all these substitutions on your offensive line, right, I mean when you lost Connor McGovern that, you know you're already Even talking to Zach Martin today, I said, is it hard for you, as an elder statesman to sort of look around and go, Wow, I'm I'm the only true anchor on this offensive line. And he said, even when he has bad days, he typically looks to Dak to sort of bring him up. And he said, when I asked him this question, he said, I've had to come to work more prepared, bring the energy every day.
Speaker 5: He feels the responsibility to get these other guys you know, lined up.
Speaker 6: It's just there were so many question marks about the offensive line, the wide receiver group, and even your depth at quarterback, and it is all coming back to bite them. Yeah, just start the season. I think that's wild.
Speaker 10: Mm hm.
Speaker 12: I honestly like, I'm just looking back again. I know we're talking about the game upcoming, but you know this team tried to run the ball sixteen times. That's half of the amount of time that Tampa Bay is doing exactly that. The only other guy on the field that had more in terms of production wise, average was four net, which we knew that was going to happen. You kind of had to give that to him to be able to shut down the receivers. So that's a loss I'm willing to take, So I guess, I mean, I know.
Speaker 5: We've talked about this.
Speaker 12: It's just alarming. Like you saw it during the game, it was working. You see it on paper, it was working like what I normally like to say. These guys are above my pay grade and they're the ones making the decisions for a reason. But I'm just curious, like I'm struggling to find the logic here.
Speaker 6: I think you're struggling to find the logic Kelsey, because it feels like the same thing over and over and over.
Speaker 5: In other words, we've.
Speaker 6: Talked about a lot of these things last year, and it doesn't feel like there's been much room for improvement.
Speaker 5: Are Ysha not I.
Speaker 9: So with the with the run game, it's gonna be important. We talked about the penalties and stuff. It's gonna be important for them to stay stay, you know, not to get behind the sticks, because that's also the reason why they had to go away from the run because when you're in second and ten and then second and fifteen you have to pass the ball, And we talked about it. It just seemed like some other people have some stuff to say about it. It was predictable. They people kind of knew what was going on in the way. So I'm hoping it's it's so interesting because it keeps happening to where.
Speaker 10: It's on.
Speaker 9: It really is on the coordinator, the offensive coordinator to to figure this out like it's the also the offensive line coach not leaving Joe Filbin out of this, like they're gonna have to come together, have some conversations and say, how can we help get these guys open? How can we have plays that allowed this quarterback to be comfortable and get in a rhythm. That's boots waggles little stuff to help him. I know he's not that mobile, but we have to get this defense. You got to get them on the move, You got to get them move in misdirection stuff like that, because they they're smart players, they're instinctive players.
Speaker 10: The Cincinnati Bengals are not.
Speaker 9: I can't I believe I'm saying this, but this defense is not looking at the tape.
Speaker 10: They are stingy.
Speaker 9: They didn't want to give up much last week and their front seven, their front seven tackles very well.
Speaker 6: So and they've got a guy on the roster by the name of cheetoh Uzia who knows this offense very well.
Speaker 7: They didn't have to take it there. Yeah, I remember that very well.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 9: I think also to a time of possession is going to be very important in this game. This defense for what they did, you know last on Sunday, they did what they could, you know, being on the field as much as they did. If I'm not mistaken, the difference in the second quarter was insane.
Speaker 10: It was. It was almost like a ten minute difference. Is I'm not if I'm not mistaken?
Speaker 12: And you know what helps with that? Do you guys know it helps with that?
Speaker 10: We talked running the ball without penalties.
Speaker 7: No penalties. Yeah, having to get started again, do I have to.
Speaker 10: Remind but to repeat myself, I want to see matchups.
Speaker 9: I want to see how the Cowboys go at matchups in this game, So like, where are their weaknesses at Let's attack that, because if you look at the Bucks game, they knew that the weakest side I guess of the Cowboys defensive line was opposite of tank and they ran away from that whole side that whole time. It was running down the running down the left side to Dorance Armstrong into Anthony Barr Layton Vander USh had a hard time getting off blocks. It was in Trayvon Diggs, love them, loving the pieces, but he's gonna have to come up and make tackles. You can tell that teams are seeing on tape that he's not getting in there. And granted this is not all his fault. Guys shouldn't be getting to that level. He shouldn't be having to be dealing with the lineman or anything like that climbing on him. However, the linebackers are gonna have to play better in this game.
Speaker 11: So we're talking about time of possession too. I'm just going back looking at these stats. The Bucks had the ball for thirty two minutes and forty two seconds in this You know, the Cowboys had it twenty seven minutes in eighteen seconds.
Speaker 9: A lot of the I'm telling you that second quarter, I thought I was seeing things when I looked at that time of possession. The Cowboys defense was on the field almost the whole time.
Speaker 7: And that's the fourth quarter. They were gagged and they were fatigued. Can you blame them?
Speaker 11: They played basically that entire second half of the game, and it was noticeable. It was it was noticeable when they were fatigued. But I keep saying nineteen points. To hold the Bucks to nineteen points like they did. They even fatigued, they were still playing well enough to do that.
Speaker 10: I still on my room. Defense will be better.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, let's take a quick little break here, because when we come back, I do want to talk about you know, I know that you've been studying the tape by Yisha and we've been talking about the lack of separation. We've also been talking about the predictability of this offense. So I was able to sit down with Simmy Fioco CD Talks tomorrow because I just wanted to gather his thoughts. So I've got a little bit of a locker room interview for you. And when we talk about defense, holding this was a Bengals defense that endured five turnovers. That's going to be a tough defense to go against with a backup quarterback.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 6: This is the Girls Talk, Boys Talk podcast, brought to you by Jigsaw Dating, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Will be right back.
Speaker 10: At Jigsaw Dating.
Speaker 14: We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 15: Dear, past, present and future football watchers.
Speaker 2: You know why we're here.
Speaker 15: The football season is back whoo and since that's too amazing to miss a single seconds worth, Patsy is officially giving you permission to always put football first.
Speaker 10: Like maybe those in laws are back in town.
Speaker 15: Well better hope, football fans, because your Sunday is completely booked. Lone story short, Crack open a Pepsi and don't let anything get between you and your football watching with love Pepsi made for football watching.
Speaker 10: Ah, that's what I like.
Speaker 16: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and cowboy legends, want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 17: I'm dok Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few types away. Put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life.
Speaker 5: For crypto pros, rookies.
Speaker 17: And anyone in between, blockchain dot com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com Trust it by millions, Trust it by America's team.
Speaker 6: All right, welcome back to you, girls, Talk Boys Talk brought to you by Jigsaw Dating, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. All right, let's talk to Wide receive Wide Receiver woes and I love is Issha that you've been looking at a lot of the tape you brought up the fact that you've noticed that they've had a really hard time, particularly in this first game, with a lack of separation. And because CD talks tomorrow, I found smy Fioco at his locker and I asked him some of these questions, and I even asked him about and Zeke for that matter, about the comments from linebacker Devin White, who said that this offense was running something so a lot of things that they saw in Week one against them, and he felt it was fairly predictable. There's been a lot of talk this week at the wide receiver room and the lack of separation.
Speaker 5: Have your thoughts on that.
Speaker 18: I don't really look into that. You know, I see the guys, we see us out of practice when we create separation, and that's part of the job, and you know, I don't I don't really put too much thought into that. I think we're great players.
Speaker 5: So what were you guys seeing on the film?
Speaker 6: Was it was the coverage directed a certain way or is there ways that you guys can get get a better sense of the game.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you know, I think I think they came out and you know, obviously played a great game, but I think they gave us everything that we expected them to give us. We knew they were going to come out three DP, we knew they were going to try to you know, single covers. We knew they tried to probably bracket CD. So they gave us everything that we thought that they were going to see. So, I mean, at the end of the day, it comes down to execution. We got to come down and just make the catches, make the place.
Speaker 5: How do you guys helpe elt CD a little bit out there? Was that how do you guys helpe CD out a little bit out there?
Speaker 18: I think just being making sure that we run the right routes and getting the right place, pull the coverage when we do. And at the end of the day, you know, we're obviously this week we're dialing up a lot a lot more plays for CD. So just being able to just run our routes and be consistent.
Speaker 5: Thank you all right?
Speaker 6: So what exactly did Devin White have to say about this offense? If you haven't heard it, it sounds very similar to Vic Fangio and his blueprint comments last year.
Speaker 13: We learned that they win, they really wasn't going to commit to the run game, and you know, the runs that they did they was, you know, going to try to get outside and not run into the interior. But most of the running game was quick game. You know, a lot of curls, a lot of hitches, you know a lot of slants, and still we kind of knew that going in, so we was able to attack it.
Speaker 5: Ouch all right.
Speaker 6: So they're going up against the ninth ranked passing defense in the league this week. This is a defense that held the Steelers to thirteen points to tell that field goal, and they endured five turnovers.
Speaker 5: So I ask you, guys, can ceedy.
Speaker 6: Step up despite the efficiency on less than twenty percent of his targets. Fun fact, that's the fewest catches by a wide receiver with ten plus targets in a game since Chris Godwin. You'd have to go all the way back to four ten twenty eighteen versus New Orleans, when Chris Godwin only had one reception.
Speaker 5: I should talk on it.
Speaker 9: I feel like it's a mixture of what the receivers is, a mixture of a lot of things that went wrong in this game. Like when you look at the tape, there were a couple of times that the receivers look like personally, they look like maybe they weren't finishing their route completely, maybe they knew the ball wasn't coming to them. There were a couple of times where it looked like Dak was coming out of his drops. He expected for a guy to be there, he wasn't there, obviously there. You know, you saw the play with Noah Brown where you want him to sit in that zone and he kept going. It's just a mixture of things that you would expect from a young receiver corps. But as far as Ceedee Lamb, when we talk about accountability, definitely gotta we got to do that there, and him being a leader on this team, his body language is kind of it has to be better.
Speaker 10: He has to respond better to these moments.
Speaker 9: But on the opposite side, whoever that two receiver is is going to have to perform to take some of the stress off of CD Lamb because just like they said, they're gonna bracket, they're just I mean, it's easy. They're just going to continue to bracket over him if no one else can step up in that regard, if they're only giving them like don't Shultz over in the middle of the field. So I and this is me, I I'm very vocal about the fact that I'm a Jalen Tobert staying out here and was an active and I and this is just me personally.
Speaker 10: I understand that Dennis Houston has worked his way up here.
Speaker 9: All respect to him as an undrafted free agent, but looking at Jalen Tobert coming out of college, one of the things that stood out to me was the route running was that he could create separation.
Speaker 10: At the school he was at, he was kind of the main guy.
Speaker 9: So and the last time you saw Jalen Tobert, he was in practice and he had a fantastic practice. And so I'm going off with the last thing I saw. I don't know what they are seeing, but I see this.
Speaker 10: Guy can create separation on his own.
Speaker 9: I absolutely know that, and so it's really it was really kind of weird to me that he was inactive, and I wonder if that is something that they look into this week, because you have to start.
Speaker 10: You gotta start looking at your options.
Speaker 9: You can't you can't sit on it and be like, oh, no, we're gonna go with the same guys that didn't work last week.
Speaker 10: Let's try something different.
Speaker 12: And I think I missed something. Oh sorry, keep going.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, go ahead, go ahead, go ahead?
Speaker 12: Dak Nile's something as to why he was he wasn't on the field, like why was he inactive? I mean, I guess I'm confused because I feel like we've been using this logic and Grahams. I know, first rounders are way different than third rounders, but third rounders is a pretty is a pretty solid draft pick, and that's got the draft capital. So why are we not prioritizing and even.
Speaker 9: Gland Field and you want to talk about Dennis Houston and the connection that Dak has and that's maybe is the reason why he's you know, he was taken, he had prime snaps, he had some important but Jalen Tobert was in Florida with Dak like he.
Speaker 10: Worked with him all off season. They have chemistry too.
Speaker 6: Jayleen talked in the draft he picked that Dak literally gave feedback that this is one of the guys that they wanted.
Speaker 10: We kept hearing about this connection, So I'm wondering. I would like it.
Speaker 5: It's very curious.
Speaker 9: I would like to know what is going on with Jalen Tolbert that they don't feel as though he can't go.
Speaker 10: I know, the Cavante Turpin thing maybe well.
Speaker 6: And I think what they said when we sort of asked about is maybe they gave him too much too soon. But still you picked him as your third round pick and you're going with an undrafted free agent.
Speaker 9: And do you think do you guys think that maybe the fact that Michael Gallup is coming up is trying it maybe plays into why they're maybe like, maybe let's slow.
Speaker 10: Play this guy a little bit more.
Speaker 7: It shouldn't.
Speaker 5: It's a great question. And well real quick too.
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess the good news is, well they won't say Michael Gallup is playing on Sunday, and I still don't have reason to believe that he is. I was told he was doing a lot more group stuff today tracking, so maybe that's a good thing. I do think it is interesting that Michael Gallup, you know who knows Cheetohs so well, was told in the locker room that Michael has been coaching up these young wide receivers because Cheeto's a good front.
Speaker 5: Of his about how to play him.
Speaker 10: That's dope.
Speaker 6: But when you're talking about predictable offenses, guy who has intimate knowledge of it, that concerns you a little bit.
Speaker 11: A little bit a lot of bit especially after last week, and you know we're talking about Jalen Tolbert. Yeah, my question is where was he? Why wasn't he on the active roster? Because again, and we can even go back to the offense really not trying anything new.
Speaker 7: What about Cavante Turpin? Why wasn't at one point?
Speaker 11: I know he's a special teams guy, we all know that, but why wasn't he at least thrown in there at some point to try to see what he had at wide receiver? Because at that point what we had was not even what the Cowboys were working with wasn't working. So what is Cavante Turpin if you if you try to throw him in there, if if that's who your final spot went to as compared to Jalen Tolbert, I mean, why not at that point?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm looking for that this week. I'm looking for that. I'm looking for what's gonna happen there this week because, like I said, all respected Dennis Houston, but Jalen Tolbert is a route runner.
Speaker 6: He is.
Speaker 9: He has a lot of things he has to refine, but come out of college, that is what I was most impressed with is the fact that he seemed like he had good field to wear in his situation, like his feet.
Speaker 10: He got the comp to Michael Gallup.
Speaker 9: A lot of people comp to Michael Gallup, so it's or Randall Cobb or like, hey, you'd.
Speaker 5: Think that he would be used in the absence of and it's Michael Gallup.
Speaker 9: Yes, And especially when you're talking about when we're talking about separation and stuff, I'm like, I saw him get in separation on Trayvon Diggs in practice. I mean Dak went to him like four times in that pro and consecutively and there was nothing anyone can do. And that was something that I also noticed. He does play different with Dak. In the preseason, he struggled, He struggled. There were a couple things that I did not like I saw from him. But I do think that the chemistry between them maybe played a role into why he's he's that comfortable with him. So I'm looking for who's gonna be what's gonna happen with that wide receiver three.
Speaker 10: Spot this week?
Speaker 9: Because you're gonna have to get guys out there that can get open on their own.
Speaker 6: They just need a wide receiver one hit. This point, I is should I mean, I think that's what. Yeah, And even as Mike McCarthy said that he essentially doesn't call out his players in the media, he and Jerry Jones sort of.
Speaker 5: Did this week.
Speaker 6: They said that this is his reality, that this is part of the challenge of being You're going to get double teamed.
Speaker 5: I mean, when you're the wide receipt.
Speaker 6: When you're when you are the number one guy, and you're going to be that guy, you've got to step up. And I just I think what's concerning to me is we saw some of this in camp.
Speaker 5: It's not like they weren't aware of this.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I guess for me, like what I keep on going back to, I just I keep saying is jokingly, but I mean it it make it makes sense because you know, this is the guy where he was. He hasn't been a number one receiver yet, and people have that hope for him. He gave him the numbers, but the number isn't going to make him be someone who he's not, or at least not yet. And I guess you know, when when he's trying to transition into that number one role, who are you giving him as a compliment to be able to not just have teams scheme against him and him only right, like eliminate CD and that's it. I guess I just feel like they're not doing a great job of setting them up for success. And we've talked a lot about like a quarterback going on the field and Tom Brady can make the players around him great. Dak Press got the expectation for him as well, especially now that he's been paid. But now that he's not on the field and you have a guy like Cooper Rush, it's kind of the tables turn a little bit. And now it's almost on the couple literary players to try to make your quarterback great because you know, he's obviously not a starter. And I just don't know this team has the tenure to be able to do that quite yet.
Speaker 17: Well.
Speaker 6: I mean it's like when you had does here, at least you had Bryce Butler, you had Cole Beasley, you had these other complimentary options.
Speaker 5: I just I'm not seeing that right now.
Speaker 10: It has to be, and we talked about it has to be. They're gonna have to earn it.
Speaker 11: I gonna have a little furious to refresh my mind of what Jalen Tolbert was doing out in Oxnard. Every video you scroll, you searched Jalen tolver On on Twitter touchdown in the end zone six for Jaalen Tolvert burning the defense.
Speaker 7: I mean, everything you're doing.
Speaker 5: To piss off, he showed.
Speaker 10: And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: I wonder if it's I wonder if it's more just all of the information they gave him, because I remember they said that earlier. They were like, he's getting all this information and he's taking it in well, Like he's taking it in well. And then he had the he had a little bit of an injury that kept him out for a little bit, and then I think once he came back, it was him getting back in the groove of things. But like I said, last thing I saw from him, he looked good. And so I have some questions about why he wasn't on the field, And I do want to talk. I do want to talk about what the what the Bengals do well defensively and how maybe we can replicate that.
Speaker 6: Well let's uh, let's go ahead and get to a break, because we get back. I do want to talk about, Uh, obviously, two players you have to be concerned about as we look towards Sunday, and that is, of course jimor Chase, who has met up with Trayvon Diggs. Once we'll explain how that went. And then Joe Burrow how important Micah Parsons is going to be and keeping him off kilter the same way we saw Micah Parsons constantly and consistently in Tom Brady's face. All that more coming up, but first, the Girl's Talk Voice Talk Podcast is brought to you by Jigsaw Dating, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Sweet, did you get to work on time?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But I just realized it's Sunday, Little sweets.
Speaker 13: His head on home.
Speaker 19: Doctor Pepper is on its way, so sweet, maybe there's nothing better.
Speaker 5: I bet you've probably done something that.
Speaker 6: You investistic in an FT.
Speaker 5: And I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 7: It's a non fungible toke, something.
Speaker 19: That Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and t five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and t five G Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 2: Five G requires compatable plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details. Brace yourself for an existential question. Has your butt been having enough fun lately? Have you been treating it well? Has it been going places? If not, then it's about time you start using seat Geek. Seat geek is the best way to get your butt tickets to live events. Just ask the thousands of other butts who have rated it the number one ticketing app. So what are you waiting for? Download the app now or visit SeatGeek dot com to get tickets to sports, concerts and live events and make your butt happy. Seat geek get your seat in a seat.
Speaker 20: What do you call a group of grown men and women with their faces painted silver and blue who get together every week to share with three hour long ritual of jumping, sinking, and toasting Miller lite and tim gallon hatswhild yelling, How about them?
Speaker 7: Cowboys.
Speaker 20: You call it Miller Time in Dallas. Here's to the Cowboys, Here's to the original light beer. It's Miller Time. Celebrate Responsibly, twenty twenty one. Miller Brewing Company, Fort Orts, Texas.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to Girls Talk, Boys Talk, brought to you by Jigsaw Dating, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. All right, let's talk shutting down Jamar Chase. Fun fact, Jamar Chase and Trayvon Digs have faced off only once, and that was in.
Speaker 5: Their college football career. You'd have to go all the way back to November.
Speaker 6: Night, twenty nineteen when Elis You defeated Alabama forty six to forty one.
Speaker 5: Hell of a game.
Speaker 6: Chase caught a thirty three yard touchdown with Digs and coverage. That was the only touchdown allowed by Digs in coverage.
Speaker 5: His entire year.
Speaker 6: Now, against Pittsburgh last week, Chase had zero deep targets.
Speaker 5: That's twenty plus air yards.
Speaker 6: In Week one, he was third in the NFL with five hundred and thirty seven deep receiving yards to rookie in twenty twenty one. Keep in mind that the Cowboys defense has eight interceptions on deep passes. Since twenty twenty one tight for the most with Buffalo. So this is when you need Digs to step up. Like I said, we got to breeze through this segment.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 6: Your confidence level in Trayvon Diggs versus Jamar Chase ayesha after what we saw from Dig last week.
Speaker 9: So I thought he was I thought he was pretty good in coverage. He did give up that insane with saying Julio Jones grabbed that. Of course it has to be vented Julio on Friday. Yeah, But other than that, I felt like he prayed. He played pretty well in coverage. This matchup is going to be fantastic because I think that Jamar Chase is not he's he's he has speed, absolutely, but he still looked kind of a bigger receiver. And those are the guys that Trayvon Diggs likes to battle with. He's talked about it in his interviews. He likes being physical. Is big on big I guess to him. So definitely interested in the matchup. I you're the D line's gonna have to get pressure. The D line's gonna have to get pressure you. They're gonna have to take advantage of the left tackle. Right tackle for the for the Bengals. So that's what I want to see. The DTS in the Bucks game. For the Cowboys, I didn't think played super duper duper do well. So I want to see them play well.
Speaker 10: Get you know, get some pressure up the middle because Joe, Joe Burrow will fumble the ball and it looks like he will throw it away. He's he's terrified back there, and let's go ahead and exploit that so our guys can get some turnovers.
Speaker 6: Jess, you listen to a little bit of the Bucks sound this week. What was your impression of Joe Burrow heading into this game his confidence level.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so I was listening to kind of what Zach Taylor head coach Zach Taylor was saying, uh, after, you know, after the game. But it's okay, Jane, we got you. But hey, you know what, it was interesting to hear the accountability on his end for you know, the mistakes he made as a coach. It was just very different feel within that press conference and something that he had mentioned, Uh, they you know, they're obviously going back in last week's game, and this is similar to what we're doing talking about you know, last week's game, but he was asked.
Speaker 7: About the Cowboys Jazzy, do we have that sound? If not, that's totally okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't have time for it, especially well, you know, moved through this.
Speaker 11: Basically, he basically says that the defense is something to keep an eye on, and that to me tells me they're honing in on that and that there's some monsters on the defense.
Speaker 7: So if anything, Yeah, Joey.
Speaker 11: Be better watch it because, uh, he's the perfect person I think for the defense to exploit and get their confidence back up.
Speaker 12: Kelse yep, I mean, I'm with you, guys. I think Trevon Diggs he's going to be the guy that matches up with the number one on the other side. So you're going to enactle Be just giving up some plays Occasionally, it's going to happen. He plays aggressively, but at the end of the day, I'll take it. I think he has a good chance to set him down. It's going to be a good challenge from all around, all.
Speaker 6: Right, go to the leaky left side, Micah. The left side the Bengals offensive line struggled in Week one. Left tackle Jonah Williams and their rookie left guard Cordo Volson, tying for the Leak's third most pressures allowed, and it was Parsons. You spent thirty two percent of his game against the Bucks on that left side. All right, real quick, we're gonna cut to a break and then we come back one of my favorite segments the past.
Speaker 5: Oh you don't need to do another break. That's amazing. Jazz. That just makes my life a lot easier. Jazz chiming in here. Quick past interference for us.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the past interference. Let's see, let me go back to my notes. I thought I'm scrambling over here, but you know, it's something I did want to mention. Was the first time and the last time that these teams had played. The last time that they played was back in twenty twenty. They did win that game. So I'm trying to be a little bit more optimistic here in saying, you know, maybe something.
Speaker 7: Keep in mind, the Cowboys did win that game. Let's see, I'm trying to pull it up real quick.
Speaker 5: We'll just go ahead and get over to tweets of the day for you.
Speaker 10: Okay, cool.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So my tweet is from the foots of the King on Twitter. He said, if you want to beat Sency, you better tackle jmar chas space tacklers just fall off of him. You heard Dan Quinn talk about how the Cowboys tackled and how they played in space. It sounds like he wants them to make some improvements there. So that's something I'm looking for in this game. The Cowboys don't have their tackling team, so I was a little disappointed in how the lack of rally to the ball. So let's see how they tackled this game, because they're gonna have to. These guys have yackability. How about just this troll thing that I saw on Instagram? Guys, Oh, you'll find this entertaining. I mean, this week has just been just gold. The Dallas Cowboys the gen x of the NFL.
Speaker 6: They haven't completely fallen apart yet, but the only good time in their lives are the mid nineties.
Speaker 7: It's O my heart.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 6: Well, I appreciated all the insights in this show, and you guys letting me take a break. I'm also off tomorrow, said Kelsey. Charles will be back in the hosting seat, but we will break down a little bit more about the importance of Parsons against Joe Burrow because I do think he's going to be another key this week to shutting them down. And I think they showed us against Pittsburgh that they can be beat, but can they do it with Cooper Rush.
Speaker 5: Stay tuned, Thanks for tuning in.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.