Speaker 1: It's time for Donkey of the day. It's a read. But you're so good at charlamage, you know what he wants.
Speaker 2: Charlamage.
Speaker 1: Damn Chlomeone.
Speaker 2: Who do you give the dusky of.
Speaker 1: The day seen? Then?
Speaker 2: Well, sexy red donkey today for Thursday June six goes to Corey Harris. Before I give Corey Harris the final boss credit he deserves for being stupid, I must take back he hauls I gave to the Honorable Judge Cedric Simpson. Take it back, Eddie. I gotta take back the one I gave to the sagon Off Friend of the Court and the Secretary of State of Michigan. Take it back for him too, polease. Basically everyone that Corey Harris lied on in regards to his case of driving under a suspended license. Okay, I can't believe we are here again. I gave Corey Harris and the judge donkey. Then I took back Corey's donkey and gave the judge he haw again, and added the Saganaw Friend of the Court, all because Corey lied. Now, if you've been following the timeline and you know I made thirtyth gave Corey Harris and judge Judge Cedric Simpson donkey of the day because Corey was in virtual court for driving with a suspended license, but he was on the video in the courtroom driving. Yes, I repeat, he was in virtual court for a suspended license and he was on the video driving. Let's go to local news for for the original report. Police.
Speaker 3: Ever since some court proceedings went on zoom. You really never know what to expect, and this judge did not see this coming.
Speaker 1: Mister Harris, are you driving, Ashley, I'm pulling into my doctor's office.
Speaker 4: Actually, just give me one second.
Speaker 3: You can see the shock on his face. Judge Cedric Simpson nearly speechless. The defendant, Corey Harris, had a suspended license, yet joined the court proceeding from behind the wheel. The judge needed to get something straight.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at his record.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have a license, he's suspended, and he's just driving.
Speaker 1: That is correct, your I don't even know why he would do that. So defendant's bond is revoked in this manner defending his turn himself into the Washington County deal by six pm to day failure to turn himself in while we resolving the bench FORNT with.
Speaker 2: No bond sitting there looking stupid. That should have been it. By the way, Now, the reason I gave the judge donkey was because I felt he should have had some sympathy for Corey, because when we thought Corey was telling the truth, you know, he said he was going to the doctor, and you can clearly see he has high blood pressure, high cholesterol, probably a little bit of diabetes, and a whole lot of beetlejuice around the eyes, you know, beetlejuice from the Howard Stern Show. Now, Corey came back a couple of days ago and said it was the court's fault. Corey said he was actually a victim of a clerical era and his suspension should have been lifted two years ago. Liar, let's go to seven News Detroit for the report. Please, I was thinking about getting my wife medical.
Speaker 4: Help, Corey Harris said. That's why he was behind the wheel earlier this month when he appeared before District Court Judge Cedric Simpson, who knew Harris was appearing on a charge of driving while licensed suspended. We spoke to Harris by phone today and he said the doctor wanted to see his wife for some ongoing medical issues that had worsened. Corey Harris was cited for driving while license suspended. He said it was suspended for unpaid child support, but Harris told us he thought his license had been reinstated.
Speaker 2: They was supposed to have been lifted in two years ago, but they didn't.
Speaker 4: In January twenty twenty two, a judge rescinded that suspension on his license, but for some reason that information never got to the Secretary of State.
Speaker 2: Is very embarrassing, And with the type of ties that I have with the church, lying on the damn community is very embarrassing. It just just lying. I took back Corey's he hawed and my diagnosis a high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and a little bit of diabetes. Couldn't take back that I said he looked like beetlejuice around eyes, because he really looks like beetlejuice around eyes. But lo and behold, yesterday Corey Harris was in court and because of the court appearance, he's right where he needed to be at the moment, and that's jail because Corey lied to us all for no reason. Let's go back to seven News Detroit for the report police.
Speaker 4: The judge came to set the record straight with Corey Harris, who has claimed that he thought the suspension on his driver's license was removed two years ago.
Speaker 1: That court and its Friend of the Court did nothing wrong. His driving privileges were unsuspended in twenty twenty two. That required mister Harris to do something. He didn't do it.
Speaker 4: The judge said. Harris never paid his clearance fees with the court or the Secretary of State to lift the suspension. But that's not all.
Speaker 1: He has never had a Michigan license.
Speaker 4: We asked Harris yesterday if he ever had a valid driver's license. He claimed he didn't remember. You ever recall having one having a driver's license. I believe you.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't say yes. There was no error by anybody. It was a failure on the part of mister Harris to do certain things that he didn't take care of. In an arbor.
Speaker 4: Kimberly Craig Seven News Detroit, trying not to say the word.
Speaker 2: Said now do it now. It's just a phrase. You get one a week. I get one a week. Yes, on one to day, Ashley Nigga's going to nig Why this is just the reminder for me as to why I wrote this new book, shameless Plug, the national bestseller get Honest or Die line Why Small Talk Sucks, Available everywhere you buy books now, Amazon, Barnes, and Noble's Books a million Go get you a copy by the audiobook. However you want to consume it, I don't care. Just know that I wrote this book for grown ass adults like Corey Harris, who lied to themselves and then volunteer those lies to other people. Corey had zero reason to tell people that the coach made an era. He had no reason to tell people it's been hard for him at church because of this situation. He volunteered all those lies and for what on the zoom looking all crazy, showing all his six to possibly eight teeth, and now he's in jail. I hope you can get your stating for your cholesterol in jail. Corey, Okay, you know you never paid your fees to the clerk's office, all right, so a clearance was never sent. And yes, in case you're wondering, in Michigan, a person can have suspension on their driving record and also not have a valid driver's license. And if that person was able to obtain a driver's license, they would still not have the privilege of driving until they cleared their suspensions. Let me tell you something, man, I've said this to you all before, and I will say it again. Stop believing what you see online. That's a reminder of myself. Nothing is real. I don't even know if this is real. It's just the latest development. I don't know who said it first, but it was either Mark Twain or Denzel Washington, and they said, if you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're misinformed. This is very true, but in twenty twenty four we need to say, if you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're missinformed. But if you get your news from the internet, let me inform you that this news is probably a damn lie. Please let Rmy mar give Corey Harris the biggest he huh.
Speaker 5: Hee ha he ha, you stupid mother, Are you dumb?
Speaker 2: Look how easy it is for someone just to put a narrative about there. Corey spun and what we saw. In less than twenty four hours, the internet ran with the fact he drove with a suspended license, and he came out with the spin and the internet ran with that, and the judge said, no, all of y'all, run y'all asses right back to the courtroom and let me tell you what's going on. And now run his ass back up to jail.
Speaker 5: But how does this even get past like the courts, like, how do you because he went to traffic court, he was going so if he never had a license, how was they ever even able to what did they ever permit?
Speaker 2: No, Like, like I said, in Michigan, a person can have a suspension on their driving record and also not have a valid driver's license. I don't know, that's weird, that is trained.
Speaker 1: I don't think the courts ever said anything.
Speaker 2: I think just people just started spinning it. Yeah he started, yeah, and we listened to. So now he's beck in jail, right where he needed to be. Damn.
Speaker 5: So he's not even gonna hear you regive him done.
Speaker 2: Oh no, They hear me in the jails all the time, all the jails out there. They hear me in the jails, and.
Speaker 4: They him online.
Speaker 2: They hear me in the jails, all right.
Speaker 5: I mean just gonna said, they hear me in the jails Okay.
Speaker 2: I can tell you, you know, I can say something right now, but I'm not gonna say because I don't want that to happen. I could be like this pinching, but when you walk by it and say liar, all right, all right, thank you for that.
Speaker 4: Donkey. Other day, this got stupid.
Speaker 2: Corty and Joe they get his little butt pinched. Liar alright. Donkey of Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull. Lamb is soft. Don't be a donkey When you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to bull dot com. That's Michael the Bull dot com. And when you mess with the Bull, you get the hauns.
Speaker 3: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 4: The Breakfast Club