Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Smokey Robins Trends that is courtesy of the beautiful golden brain of one Miles Gray oh Man.
Speaker 2: Massive mateen, Massive mates, It's massive, I'm Jack.
Speaker 1: That's Miles. Well, yeah, Miles, thank you. Wonderful to have you back.
Speaker 2: Great to be back.
Speaker 1: Smoking Robinson is in the news, uh for giving an interview where he just dropped some some some unnecessary heat.
Speaker 2: He's already has, like this album out called Gasms. I don't know if you know about.
Speaker 1: Have you heard? Have you?
Speaker 2: Have you seen this new Smokey Robinson.
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 2: He is in crisis, okay, like in a way that you're like, if that's your grandpa, You're like, oh no, what fuck is he doing? Like it's him trying to be like old people fucked too. Like the tracks are called I Want to Know Your Body, No, Another one is You Fill Me Up? Another one is Jack Ready for this? I Fit in There? No Jack, I'm not lying. That's the name of a fucking Smokey Robinson track off this new album I Fit In There.
Speaker 1: Like the first two sound like romantic, like steamy love songs. That one just said, like that's like a ad lib from a porn hub video or something that's.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, chasms, baby, it's all gasms s gasms. Yeah, there's a There's a lot of people have been like, oh, these these tracks are something else. Anyway, these tracks are something else, something I did not care to hear about.
Speaker 2: Anyway, He's trending because look, his album just came out. He's doing like the I'm guessing like outraised news cycle, or he's just on his Quincy Jones, like old black Man, who's just starting to be like, hey man, I used to get into some shit back in the day, and people were like, nobody fucking.
Speaker 1: Asked, Oh yeah, Ivanka Trump, Yes, oh yeah, I could have had that, could have had that.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. But I didn't because that's when God leaves the room. So he's come out recently and admitted he had an affair with Diana Ross like in the early Motown era. This is what he said quote. I was married at the time, we were working together and it just happened. But it was beautiful. She's a beautiful lady and I love her right till today. She's one of my closest people. Oh okay, smokey uh, talking about how he was married to his first wife at the time. Yeah, and he said this affair lasted a fucking year, and he said she was young and trying to get her career together. I was trying to help her. That doesn't sound fucking problematic story, friend, I brought her to Motown. In fact, I wasn't going after her and she wasn't going after me. It just happened. Sound the fucking alarm bels. What are you saying, Smokey Robinson.
Speaker 1: I mean, what this is? And does she know about that?
Speaker 2: You were about to come out here.
Speaker 1: With this ship. That's a great question. Yeah, it just happened.
Speaker 2: This is where he's telling on himself without realizing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean I usually go to elderly singers for my most progressive sexual mores, but Jesus.
Speaker 2: I mean it is wild. And then also it's like, you know I had that before Barry Gordy did. I just don't want to set the record straight, you know, because that's not a direct quote. No, no, but I mean Barry Gordy and heard also how to you know, had a relationship too, and a lot of people, you know, there's a lot of talk about colorism, even within the Supremes because of Diana Ross. There's all kinds of stuff. History of Motown is very interesting. I took a whole class on it in college, you know that thing where you spend money on to learn obscure facts about Barry Gordy's sex life. But anyway, yeah, Smokey Robinson, you've done it. You got your name in the headlines. But I don't know if it's in the best way. And again, I'm very curious who knew about this, Like, it's just a very odd story and it's rife with problems.
Speaker 1: Yes, I just found the lyrics for I Fit in there, Let Me in your life. So it starts out you're you're starting to think, like, okay, this is yeah, it's all a metaphor. Let me in your life, make some room for me. If deep down inside you're hoping to fill up an opening, I fit in there. I fit in God if empty fills up your private place and nothing and no one can penetrate. If you got an inner vacancy, baby, that make it a place for me, I mean private place and penetrate right there, It's been the.
Speaker 2: Third verses, let me fuck your whole and you're like, smoky, please, I'm sorry. Has he had his medication today?
Speaker 1: He feels like it really feels like he after a career of like love songs. He was like, my one note would be that they don't actually know what we're talking about with all this double entendra shit, Like, oh yeah, we just need to make it, you know, a little less subtextual and a little bit more overtly sexual.
Speaker 2: I've been holding my tongue for too long, you know. Tears of a Clown was about getting blue balls, and they wanted me to change the lyrics. That's about thinking you're gonna fuck and not fucking.
Speaker 1: One for me and one for me. I'm eighty three years old. Fuck off.
Speaker 2: It's actually about begging for sex and coercing a woman. Just look at the lyrics and Tears for a Clown. But don't let my glad expression give you the wrong impression. Really, I'm sad. Oh I'm sadder than sad. You're gone, and I'm hurting so bad because I'm horny.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 2: But then they said, like a clown, I appear to be glad whatever it was supposed to be, I'm harder than concrete. But they didn't like that.
Speaker 1: There are so many sis. The seventies was just such a wild time, like the sexual politics of the seventies, Like the lyrics are just like of so many of these that are like classic love songs or just like men being like, yeah, we should fuck, but like I don't really think we should like be in a relationship necessarily.
Speaker 2: Also like you're fourteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that weird?
Speaker 2: Is that weird? I don't know? Not in this song, yeah, picked her up at junior high.
Speaker 1: You're like, what the fuck show sixteen years old? Right?
Speaker 2: Leave her alone?
Speaker 1: What? Yeah?
Speaker 2: They say, Wait a new edition. Y'all got something to say about some of your songs? Nope, nope, nope, nope, don't know nothing about her.
Speaker 1: Steven Crowder, Uh, there's a nice companion video that was released to the one we talked about on one of the trendings earlier in the week where he was like, I guess they let women divorce you in Texas, which I guess I don't have to consent to that.
Speaker 2: Someone can just up and want to improve their situation on their own. I guess that's how wacky the laws are.
Speaker 1: So his ex wife dropped a ring camera video on the world and it's just him telling his she's like visibly, you know, eight months pregnant, telling her to feed the dog medicine that is like harmful to pregnant people, telling her to like go get his steaks and wood chips at the grocery store, or he won't let her drive the car until she starts doing her quote wifely duties. Yeah, so yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's fucking it's hard to watch, like the emotional abuse that he's putting her through. Like you can just tell, like as someone who's had a pregnant partner and knowing how taxing that is on you physically emotionally, to add some asshole being like, well you can't use the fucking car until you do your wifely duties is like it was making me fucking like I wanted to fucking explode. And the thing that he's talking about, he keeps saying, this thing is like put the gloves on, walk the dog. Put the gloves on, walk the dog. And he's referencing and this has happened in my house too, Like our you know, our pets use like one of those topical flea medicines or whatever. You put the liquid on neck and shit, and just out of good safe practice. I was like, yeah, I don't handle any fucking chemicals. We don't know what the fuck is up, Like I'll do that shit, I'm not pregnant. But this guy apparently was saying like, get over it and wear gloves then, because you need to do that, and also wears my stakes And on top of it too, Candice Owens is now involved in this whole feud. Uh, and it's just becoming a right old mess over there on the right wing. So even happened to the worst person, turns out these guys might be bad, might be bad people. He also his ex wife is alleging that his surgery that he got like right when his kids were born was elective. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He like just couldn't couldn't take the attention being off.
Speaker 2: Of what was his surgery exactly, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He he claimed it was like a chest surgery to fix the genetic defect, and she's like, actually.
Speaker 2: Actually he put a weird thing.
Speaker 1: He looks like he's wearing a muscle suit in the video, Like he looks like he wearing one of those Halloween Yeah, exactly. So I wouldn't be surprised if he's got some implants in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be a mess. It's gonna be a mess. I mean the fact that she has, like I'm assuming she's the one that got this footage. I can only imagine what other things because he says something about he's like I'm gonna like destroy you or some shit. He's he's threatening her and ship too apparently. But then tail end of this video, so yeah, not not good, not a fun one.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break. We'll come back and talk about sludge content. What is it? And we're back. I thought that was like a pretty good that was like a local news tease right before the break and after the break. Sludge content you're kicking her into it? Is it killing them?
Speaker 2: Or is it the guns? Probably the sledge content.
Speaker 1: We're not definitely a sledge you know, you can't really make money off of sledge content. Guns a lot of money, So sledge content was you.
Speaker 2: Know what the sledge are pay coming in.
Speaker 1: So this is a genre of video that is just like sensory overload, like multiple split screen videos.
Speaker 2: It's taking it's you see a lot on TikTok people are talking about as a form of escapism that it gives solace in a very chaotic world, like the comments on these so picture of video. In our old people brain, a video is usually just one video playing it once. And these sledge content videos, we're talking about fucking three sometimes five videos like Mosaic Out on a single screen playing multiple things at once, so it'll be like someone playing gameplay, like gameplay footage of subway surfers, or like a am I the asshole Reddit post being read by like a robot voice, or people fucking scooping little ice creams or cutting soap and shit like this along with the scene from family guy. To me, it reads is pure chaos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 2: Can kind of understand how, like as someone who also would do the thing, whereas like I would listen to the radio, watch TV, and do my homework at the same time. Like I kind of know about splitting your brain into three different places at once, even though you're not taking it all in. But like when you look at the actual comments on these videos and people say like like soholeheartedly not enough stimulation, or other people saying like my mind feels whole, I'm like, oh no, Now I'm reluctant to say I'm like, is this what our damn social media has done to our attention spans? But what the F I can't get down with this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is I've apparently reached the stage of old age. I'm not at the tell people how horny I am, even though they visibly don't want to know about it. Yeah, but I am at the stage where trends does seem like they're designed to harm me, because this is like an assault, sensory assault. Although it was kind of intrigued, Like the video I watched had like a really in depth long soliloquy on like Catcher and the Rye from American Dad? Is that? Or is that Family Guy? Is that a real clip from Family Guy? This Family Guy just do long political diatribes now, I guess.
Speaker 2: Every now and then. I mean I've seen ones too where someone's reading Marx right well over it and it was someone who's like like saying, like, I'm going to use a sledge video content for good. Maybe the kids will start realizing that they can read up a little bit on Marxism or some shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh. And it was sort of the same thing, except that differently, like the most audible thing being this like excerpt but I don't know. I think it speaks to like every generation we learn how to fuck around with media in our own way, and this seems like this is firmly the TikTok generations thing of Like you know, there were always like wild ass chaotic videos on YouTube, especially like Major League Gaming parody videos, which gave away to a lot of like hyper fucking aggressive edits and videos that I can see how this is just this the kids just dealing with the pieces they got in front of them. But yeah, let us know, this is this because of our diminished attention spans? Is it because our world is so fraught with fucked up things that just overloading our senses with nine videos at once is like a way to kind of create some piece. I don't know, let us know in the comments.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of things that don't make sense to me, Rolling Stone dropped a list of the top twenty social media influencers right now, and I think it was producer Victor wanted to ask the question, can Jack name any of what Rolling Stone considers the twenty times?
Speaker 2: I think if you just dug deep, I think you could name at least two.
Speaker 1: So I got that is mister Beast on there, yep, okay, is Charlie Demillio.
Speaker 2: You know what Judges bing bing bing, Yes, the Damilio sister.
Speaker 1: Sisters. That's all I got.
Speaker 2: Okay. Another person who is the one who recently worked with bud Light.
Speaker 1: Oh uh Seth Weathers what Oh no that sorry, that's the uh that's the reactionary right wing version of that.
Speaker 2: Yes, Dylan mulvaney.
Speaker 1: Dylan mulvaney, yes, yeah, okay, doing Mulvaney's on there, like Seth Weathers. Okay.
Speaker 2: One of them is a descendant of the sordid marriage between Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
Speaker 1: Wait what one of their springs?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really North North Yeah, Northwest is the influencer I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, because they had like a whole TikTok thing. I think they stopped making them recently, but yeah. And then there's like people like Logan Paul Oh yeah, I know the Pouls. Oh yeah, you know, of course, dude, Logan Polls. Yes, what about Alex Cooper Jack.
Speaker 1: No clue that sounds familiar most of.
Speaker 2: The Call Her Daddy podcast. Okay, But another one I knew is Amelia de Moldenburg. That's only because she does Chicken Shop Date. I used to watch those videos a lot, and now she's blowing up. Have you seen Chicken Shop Date? I have not. She's like this woman from the UK. I think he's from London and she does like really awkward dates at a chicken shop. If you remember my money, don't jiggle jiggle? Yeah it folds. Okay, yeah that's from That's from Chicken Shop Date with Amelia de Moldenberg.
Speaker 1: All right, apparently Severance is a mess behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Did you watch it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got through two episodes and then my Apple Plus thing ran now, but then I realized I get it for free through my cell phone, so maybe I'll start watching it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's intriguing in it, like it's like Season one I lost. It's like got all the fun mystery box stuff that I've yet to see a mystery box show pay off. But maybe this will be the one. Baby. But apparently the two show runners don't like each other. Oh and one of them wanted to quit, and then executive producer Ben Stiller convinced him to come back, which is kind of funny considering that is like basically what the show is like about people who keep trying to escape their workplace and end up being forced back. It's wild like Apple is leaking statements that Apple is disappointed and embarrassed about the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Oh first time, first time working and making things like making content. But okay, yeah, I hear you, I hear you. They should be embarrassed that, like a lot of their shows are just straight up els.
Speaker 1: But hey, some episodes reportedly cost twenty million dollars. But I mean it makes sense. This is the only one that really like connected, right, the only Apple Plus show that fully Now.
Speaker 2: Let's not leave old sedeikis out of it.
Speaker 1: Oh right last so baby, yeah, well we'll say along that lasts. That's right. That is going to do it for us all this we we are on Monday with the whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all on Monday.
Speaker 2: Bye by Bite