Speaker 1: Starting your Friday with a brand new Second Date episode. Thank you so much for being here. It's Brick and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: And apparently we got a lot of comments the other day on our forty nine ers episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you missed it, it was a few days ago, and yes, I bought her explain it, No, go listen, you know, and then you'll figure it out.
Speaker 4: Funny it was not about the football team.
Speaker 1: No, but is a new slang term, yes for someone who is a four but acts like a nine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so some comments from that.
Speaker 3: Wesley said, I hate so much this attitude of numbering people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, yeah, fair, but it's still funny.
Speaker 5: Is it helps people? Good visual Someone said even.
Speaker 3: Cows have better self awareness than her if you ask me, Wow, that was harsh.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I listened to this with my wife. When I mess up that way, she could.
Speaker 3: See how awesome I am in comparison to some people in the dating world.
Speaker 2: That is a good tool.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of people comment a lot of hate on her, you know, and a lot of people commenting on how she was, how she used the word ghost oh yeah, yeah, and a lot of people are like, my favorite part is when she confidently used the word ghosh and correctly and does she think it's a new word?
Speaker 5: Where has she been?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, now we're getting me.
Speaker 4: I didn't know it.
Speaker 1: We're going vocap lessons as well. Yeah, show, I love it, I love it. Well, we'll see what you think about today's episode.
Speaker 4: Is it ghost?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Definitely drop use it, drop it in the comments and guaranteed we won't use any big words on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Your new episode starts right now.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Updates.
Speaker 7: We do lists on this show all the time about what guys look for in women, and never in the top ten do we ever hear height as one of the options.
Speaker 2: That is a really good point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's usually like they want a good sense of humor, intelligence, someone who can pick a restaurant in under forty five minutes.
Speaker 6: That would be great. But that's why I was shocked.
Speaker 7: When I saw an email from our listener Mike saying he has a height requirement for his dates.
Speaker 4: It's gotta be a short requirements are so fun.
Speaker 7: Taller the better, let's go at the carnival. That's Mike's style of dating. Needs our help today, Mike, You're weird and I like it.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Thank you for helping me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know guys who only want to date really tall women because they want future D one athletes going.
Speaker 7: To say, what's this height requirement about?
Speaker 8: It really comes down to laziness.
Speaker 9: I am a very tall man.
Speaker 8: I'm sixty six and I have dated short women.
Speaker 9: I've done that. I'm never doing it again.
Speaker 1: I will say, Yeah, just of your back is what you're doing well, and all the extra work, like you have to reach all the high shelves for her.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the way that goes in my house anyway.
Speaker 6: That's not fair at all to Mike.
Speaker 2: So bring your long arms over here and get that for me.
Speaker 7: So you must have met with a woman who met your height requirement. What's her name?
Speaker 9: Her name is Elise and she is six y three.
Speaker 3: Hey there, she loves this because all girls want everyone else to leave the tall guys for them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, okay, And how did you meet her?
Speaker 8: I met her on our dating app.
Speaker 2: Do women lie in the same way that men do about their height.
Speaker 8: I'm guessing some do, but most don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, you saw her in person and she did legit come out to be six'?
Speaker 2: Three she?
Speaker 8: Was she was absolutely.
Speaker 7: Gorgeous, wow you the image of you two walking together into any place would be really intimidating as somebody else where did you go for your?
Speaker 9: DATE i picked her up at her, place AND i had told HER i didn't want.
Speaker 8: To do the normal first date thing BECAUSE i just find it kind of, boring and also we're both would probably find it a little. Cramped SO i.
Speaker 9: Knew the perfect idea would be to take.
Speaker 8: Her on a. Surprise and she was, like, well where are we? GOING i was, like it's a, surprise.
Speaker 9: Okay and it was my buddy's backyard, barbecue which sounds a little who unimpressive TO i tell you that my buddy is an amateur chef and he was doing his own little haibachi.
Speaker 8: Restaurant.
Speaker 2: COOL i love when you have friends like.
Speaker 7: That, yeah, okay slightly dangerous too because you might burn stuff, down so that could be.
Speaker 1: Fun so did she not know it was your buddy's house until you pull up outside of like a random home?
Speaker 9: Exactly and then he had the whole backyard deck, down so it was a whole.
Speaker 10: Scene and then it was all my, Friends.
Speaker 8: So she got to meet him all at.
Speaker 10: Once that's a.
Speaker 2: Lot of pressure to walk.
Speaker 1: INTO i, MEAN i don't know if it's better to know beforehand and get in.
Speaker 2: Your nut about, it it's better to be, Like, wow we're doing, It we're in.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 6: Yeah did she have?
Speaker 9: FUN i think.
Speaker 8: So that's WHY i Guess i'm calling you, guys is because the backyard.
Speaker 9: Party was a great time and everybody was having really good conversations and there was a lot of, laughing and there was dancing at one, point and my buddy was doing the hibachi thing and that's really. Impressive, yeah your miss sometimes with the knife.
Speaker 2: Work oh what do you mean?
Speaker 8: Missed oh, no he's got the knife a couple of.
Speaker 7: Times, okay, Feet, yeah like you left with all of your, limbs.
Speaker 8: No, injuries nothing like. That.
Speaker 6: Okay imagine some.
Speaker 4: People stak were huge summer Tiny.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 9: Exactly it wasn't very uniform and it probably wasn't up to the out, code but.
Speaker 8: Right but, yeah.
Speaker 9: Only one negative is that my buddy and his, girlfriend who were the hosts of the, party they got into a minor tiff and then kind of killed the vibe a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, oh it was like a loud. One, yeah and then.
Speaker 9: Everybody kind of drifted away and kind of gave them their own little bubble for a.
Speaker 6: Bit are we allowed to know what the fight was? About?
Speaker 9: YEAH i think she was on him because he had cut the vegetables weird or something like.
Speaker 7: That he deserves to get chewed out over the shrimp very.
Speaker 4: Accurately, yeah that.
Speaker 10: Happened that.
Speaker 9: Happened at one, point my buddy tried to toss the shrimp into my mouth and it hit a.
Speaker 8: Lease that was. Funny that was a funny.
Speaker 2: Moment did she?
Speaker 8: Laugh she?
Speaker 2: Did, okay that is good that.
Speaker 1: WAY i, mean the only THING i could think is when you ever you're in a big friend, group it can be easy to get.
Speaker 2: Distracted did you leave her alone for long periods of?
Speaker 9: Time, no it was very organic like sometimes it was the girls drifted.
Speaker 8: Into a clump and the.
Speaker 9: Guys and then after.
Speaker 8: The hibachi, thing we then went out for a drink and it was just her And eye and it was really really cool and the conversation again was.
Speaker 4: Flowing that's a huge green, flag. Bro she went out again after.
Speaker 6: You time, together unless you went to a different friend's house for that. One he's an amateur bartender set and.
Speaker 1: Drinks she's, like there's so much free food and drinks in this.
Speaker 7: Relationship, okay so after food and, drinks how did the night?
Speaker 9: END i took her back to her place and a very chas hug, GOODBYE a chase.
Speaker 6: Hug you run after.
Speaker 4: Wait a, minute come, Back.
Speaker 6: Chase does in, like very innocent, hug a friendly.
Speaker 8: HUG i don't. Know we'd had a good, time we'd had a drink. TOGETHER i didn't want to push my.
Speaker 9: Luck MAYBE i don't. Know at the, TIME i was, Like i'm just gonna hugg a goodbye and then we're gonna totally see each other.
Speaker 1: Again, yeah, yeah, Yeah and you've contacted her Since i'm.
Speaker 2: Guessing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah she hasn't completely ghosted me or, anything.
Speaker 9: Like she's responded to my text messages and stuff like.
Speaker 8: That it's just.
Speaker 4: Feels like a.
Speaker 9: Friend, yeah it's like she's not as into me as she was before we had gone on the. Date and if something had gone wrong on the, date just tell me what it is And i'll fix.
Speaker 2: It maybe for the first time in the history of, dating you're too tall for.
Speaker 5: Her, Yeah like.
Speaker 6: That's gotta be. It when we call her in a few.
Speaker 7: Minutes here we'll come, back reach out to a lease for, you and try to get you the tallest second date update we've ever done on our.
Speaker 4: SHOW i hope she hears her phone ringing all the way down.
Speaker 7: THERE i know it's never been down to get it when we come. Back second date update continues right after this broken.
Speaker 4: Free in the Morning second date.
Speaker 7: Update if you're just joining, us we're talking To, mike who sounds like the type of dude that any woman would want to.
Speaker 2: DATE i, mean and his friends sound awesome.
Speaker 7: Too, yeah Because mike is tall, YEP i, MEAN i could just stop. There he'd be with ninety nine percent of the female. Population but he's also got friends who do their own hibachi y and argue with each other in front of. Strangers that's a good, time he, means they're, comfortable and recently he took a tall woman Named elise out to meet with his friends and got a nice little hug at the end of the. Night but here's the. Thing she doesn't fully ghosted even they're still. Talking it's just the vibes have, changed And mike can. Tell so he wants us to try to help figure out why you, know.
Speaker 2: We didn't, Ask.
Speaker 1: MIKE i know, that like you have a hygh minimum. Requirement did you bring up her height a? Lot because my tall girlfriends hate talking about how tall they.
Speaker 6: Are, yeah why do you keep bringing it?
Speaker 8: Up?
Speaker 2: Then So i'm wondering if he did on the.
Speaker 8: Day, no not at. All it's a foregun.
Speaker 9: Conclusion we don't have to address.
Speaker 8: It that is part of the reason WHY i take it into the. Equations, okay AND.
Speaker 2: I, figure you, know as someone is six,' six probably knows how nine.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 7: Is, yeah well maybe if it wasn't Something that, mike said maybe one of his friends brought it up and it could have rubbed her the.
Speaker 2: Wrong way how many dumb friends do, You?
Speaker 5: Have mike.
Speaker 7: You can never know. A, lot okay we have, some theories but let's just call the lease and see if we can get to the bottom.
Speaker 6: Of it i'm going to dial her number right now here. We, Go, hello hello Is? This elise this is?
Speaker 10: She's speaking? Who's, This?
Speaker 7: Hey alise this is a radio Show called Brook and jeffrey In.
Speaker 6: The morning, What's?
Speaker 2: Up elise?
Speaker 8: Good, morning uh?
Speaker 10: Good morning who is?
Speaker 8: The fan we're a?
Speaker 7: Radio, Show yeah Brook and jeffrey in. The morning you can find us wherever you get your Podcasts at Brook, And, Jeffrey, apple, spotify, YouTube YouTube, we'll wait you go.
Speaker 4: Follow us, We'll wait.
Speaker 2: But that desperate subscribe check the.
Speaker 7: NUMBERS us i heard, your question how do we get? Your number it's a good question because it's from one of our Listeners, named mike who you went on a date.
Speaker 6: With recently oh.
Speaker 10: My, god yes.
Speaker 8: Are?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 7: Serious seriously so this is a segment Called Second. Date update we're trying To help mike get some answers for why the vibe has changed between the two.
Speaker 8: Of you.
Speaker 10: THAT right i just Can't believe mike called you.
Speaker 7: About, me yeah because he felt a connection.
Speaker 6: With you it's. So, weird well he told us all about.
Speaker 7: THE date.
Speaker 2: I think it's just weird that we're calling about her.
Speaker 7: Personal life we've done like thousands, of these so we're really desensitized.
Speaker 6: TO this i understand how it'd be weird. For. You huh we're trying to get. Your vibe, i'm like what do you Think?
Speaker 1: About mike did we heard that he surprised you with the backyard hibachi party with?
Speaker 2: His buddies.
Speaker 10: Oh? My, GOD yeah i mean he's a. Nice guy, uh oh that's.
Speaker 6: Anything else that is a dagger to the heart of every man. That heard that's.
Speaker 7: The worst we're trying to just get to what's stopping you from talking to him more or hanging out with.
Speaker 10: Him AGAIN so i don't know how much he's, told you but he told me he was like. Six six he told us.
Speaker 2: That too he's six six and you're.
Speaker 10: Six, Three yeah i'm like true. Six three he's not a true. Six. SIX oh i usually date guys who are, six seven, six EIGHT and i know that sounds, really Minor but i'm a. Call girl AND if i, were heels that puts me at six six and he is not quite. Six, five okay how do YOU think i think he's under sixty FIVE because i think he was an inch. Above me SO if i, WORE heels i would tie her.
Speaker 7: Over, him okay very very specific about the height requirements for an already super.
Speaker 2: TALL dude i just think you need to maybe loosen that a.
Speaker 1: Little BIT like i have a girlfriend who's six foot and she was certain she would never date anybody, her height and she ended up marrying.
Speaker 10: The guy so here's the, Other, thing LIKE maybe i wouldn't mind so much of. The heightline like we had a really, fun night like he, told you we Went, to hibachi met his friend and, you know we went to the. Bar AFTERWARDS like i was putting the vibes. OUT there i was interested in. Having fun you.
Speaker 2: Were like overlooking the.
Speaker 10: Height, Thing yeah and at the end of the night he. Was hesitating he didn't even, kiss ME which i, was like you're not even man enough, To like, oh no he thought.
Speaker 2: About, it though but what about what about the?
Speaker 1: Flip side maybe he's man enough to respect you and wait till the.
Speaker 2: Next day there, You, go well.
Speaker 10: The vibes, are There and i'm putting the vibes there and being play, and flirty like why wouldn't you just? One on he told us that he had to.
Speaker 2: Chase you down to get.
Speaker 6: A hug he described it as a.
Speaker 7: Chaste, huge yeah it's.
Speaker 4: A quick.
Speaker 2: Was running.
Speaker 6: After, her, no, No.
Speaker 7: Okay so you didn't get the kiss in person on, night one and that tells you he's not someone who goes.
Speaker 10: For, It yeah it's, just like WHY do i have to be? The ONE like i want.
Speaker 7: TO know i think, we Understand but i'm. Just, wondering like, For Example brook let's say that you're in that. Same, situation okay you're on a day it's, been great but the guy's just not going in for, the kiss and you you want.
Speaker 6: Him to what's? Your move and you can't say leg wrestle him in the? Parking lot how do you get?
Speaker 2: THE kiss i can't do the? Leg, wrestling no what about?
Speaker 1: Get, wrestling, okay okay how about this rock paper scissors?
Speaker 5: Ro shambo.
Speaker 8: Can you?
Speaker 1: Kiss me you?
Speaker 2: CAN leave i think.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty good fair way to, do it, YOU know i.
Speaker 6: GET ready i.
Speaker 10: Want somebody who's gonna take charge and be man, in OFFENSE so. I forget i FEEL like i could have overlooked the height if he just planted one.
Speaker 6: On, ME okay i.
Speaker 7: Hear you you want a guy who's, man enough, who's bold who makes.
Speaker 6: Big, decisions well.
Speaker 7: He was bold enough to reach out to our show and ask us to call you and wait on the other line, listening quietly to jump in and talk.
Speaker 6: To you oh, my god that's.
Speaker 2: Not passive.
Speaker 7: That's, aggressive yes he might even kiss you as soon as we put You on.
Speaker 6: Mike go oh.
Speaker 9: MY god i would just like to Say that i'm not even going to address the. Height allegations that seems like. You were that's the point being THAT why i didn't. KISS you i didn't want to. Rush things we had such an, Amazing, evening mike you didn't want to, rush things but you took me to your friend's barbecue on.
Speaker 10: The first day and then all.
Speaker 1: Your friends, Good, COUNTERPOINT like.
Speaker 9: I just thought you seeing me with all my friends would get you would get the vibe of like this Is what.
Speaker 10: I'M like i did get. The vibes THAT'S why i, was like let's go to another bar and, have DRINKS because i, was like let's hang out. Even more but then you didn't pick up.
Speaker 8: On, it oh.
Speaker 1: It's so hard when you just meet someone to know what their.
Speaker 10: Cues, Are, right like BUT do i have to give you, THE, okay q just up and go.
Speaker 7: For it it's easier said than and not everyone. Likes that but, it's Tough brookek you only get one chance now in, modern dating to make your, first impression to go in for the kiss.
Speaker 6: At the, right time and if, you don't you.
Speaker 2: Blow it THAT'S why i go home with them. Every, Time.
Speaker 1: Okay it's never been a problem, For ME but, i say sub, women okay sub women like, it slower and he was trying to, be RESPECTFUL and i think that's Nice.
Speaker 7: To mike do you have anything you want to say to a lease where your lack of ability to go in for? A.
Speaker 10: KISS yeah i should have.
Speaker 9: KISSED you i should have. DONE that i one percent agree, on THAT but.
Speaker 8: I didn't go on another date.
Speaker 1: With ME and i will.
Speaker 8: KISS you i swear that that.
Speaker 2: Is a man who knows what.
Speaker 1: He wants at least that's what you're, looking, for right kiss you when he picks.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 7: Up yeah and he can wear platform shoes so that he's the height that you want him.
Speaker 1: To Be shoe oh, MY god i just can't imagine how small the dating pool is for six.
Speaker 5: Sevenut over.
Speaker 6: She likes what.
Speaker 7: She likes but at least we would like to offer to send You and mike out on one more date and if you, say yes then we'll pay.
Speaker 10: For, It okay i'm open to a. Second date Yah, OOME mike i.
Speaker 8: Got, it yes, thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you there.
Speaker 4: You go, Let's.
Speaker 10: Go mike and for, THE record i am six' five.
Speaker 8: AND a coach i fudge the record just a LITTLE bit, That i.
Speaker 2: Say i'm five four. AND a half i get.
Speaker 6: You at least are you still?
Speaker 8: Cool?
Speaker 10: With, that yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Maybe you want to seal this phone call. With the kiss, oh my.
Speaker 10: God we're.
Speaker 6: Again we're. In the confidence you guys.
Speaker 8: Can't see me i'm totally talking in the. Phone right NOW that's what i.
Speaker 6: Like to hear That was Hot brook and jeffrey.
Speaker 7: In the morning finally two tall people get a win that never.
Speaker 6: HAPPENS in life.
Speaker 2: I like how she was still turned off. BY his, Height, i know god.
Speaker 7: But the whole thing it is the perfect example of how fragile the dating world is right now because they went, out one time and if we, never stepped in they may have never talked or seen each.
Speaker 6: Other ever again it would have just petered. Out AND died And i.
Speaker 7: Know alexis was, rooting for that so there'd be more tall dudes left in. The Dating pool but i'm personally glad that we got them to give.
Speaker 6: It another go, you said.
Speaker 5: It, not me yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 7: You look exactly, but you know, We stepped In and what i'm saying is we should probably be heavily involved in, everyone's dating.
Speaker 2: Life no matter what.
Speaker 6: Height.
Speaker 7: You, are yeah no matter how tall or, short you are no matter what your. Dating status is we can help if you email us or find us wherever you. Get your Podcasts, We're, On, apple spotify YouTube there's.
Speaker 6: So many platforms sounds.
Speaker 2: Like, YOU follow us i totally.
Speaker 7: Do you subscribe i'm gonna Go right after, I'm done talking i'm gonna go.
Speaker 6: Listen to, myself oh Good it's At brook and jeffrey