Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back. We're black. We are also around ambition.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I think that high note was so high that you froze.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're back now. How are you doing, friend? Good?
Speaker 1: How is your your extended weekend?
Speaker 2: Well, it seemed like after we finished recording last week, the world exploded and it knocked me on my ass. And I know that you know a thing or two about grief. Unfortunately, and this that shooting in Uvalde, Texas it happened. I mean I came off the high of the show and then had something else to do and then went to pick up my from daycare, and my husband decided to just text me the news, and I mean I had to pull over like it was to my knees devastating. And I think my biggest fear now is that people are gonna go back to business as usual.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the alternative.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go back to business as usual. And I've like I did something the next day because I just woke up and I was just like it was so heavy, and I just put up my vacation responder saying that I was going to be taking some time off to to mourn the losses of life. It was just after Buffalo, you know, I know we're going to have after Buffalo. I just nineteen babies and their teacher and their two teachers.
Speaker 1: Yes, when I saw that, you know, because I used to be a teacher, I don't even know the level of terror those kids must have gone through, and their teachers. I mean, I can't imagine, because when you're teaching, literally especially little ones, this weird thing comes over you where you're like, well, this is my child now, like when I was as soon as I entered into the classroom, when you drop your baby off, that's my baby too, because since we could fight, like you know, like I love your child like just as much as you do when they're here with me. So I can't imagine how they must have felt, the teachers that were in there, how terrified they were for themselves, but especially because that's what happens. Like it could be me going to the park with the kids and just like a strange person standing around, I mean, the mama bear that used to come out of me. I'm like, why are you at this park? Well, I just know I need you to walk away. I can't come to the park, not why the kids are here because you have just this weird look, and if it takes us to fight, sir, I'll send the kids back and we could tell. Like literally, that's how I was like. But honestly, I found that most teachers of little ones were like them too, So I can't even I can't even imagine. I saw one father. I don't even know why I watched it because I was hysteriic after of how he was just like, I just want my baby back, Like what, I just want my baby bag?
Speaker 2: What do you want me to say? There's nothing to be said. I want my and she shouldn't. I think I know what interview you're talking about too.
Speaker 1: There was heartbreaking.
Speaker 2: As much as you know we talk about this too. Maybe you have something is to say. I struggle with the whole I know self care is important, and I know that we have to kind of protect ourselves from the news, but I didn't want to protect myself. I wanted to read the names. I wanted to read the minute by minute account of the shooting. I wanted to understand how it happened, as painful as it was and continues to be. I don't know that I'm not ready to stop I just don't want to not care. I don't want to not talk about it. You know, it's heavy and devastating and terrifying. Who else is going to save babies? Like the people that we've elected into power, I mean, they're not doing shit. They ain't doing a damn thing. And I'm like, as a mom, as a human you don't have to be a mom, forget that a human being, yeah, you know where what I'm just like, what can we do to save the children, the babies who are happy to learn?
Speaker 1: In general? Because I saw someone said, which is so true. It's like nothing says that we need to ban these like automatic assault rifles, then police being afraid to go in because they have an automatical salt rifle. I mean, what does it take? One thing I will say that gave me a little like that shave a little bit off of my feeling disheartened is to see all those people protesting in Texas and I think, rally, yes, that we've turned a corner that people are like, okay, Governor this. You know, I'm hoping that when election time comes, I'm hoping that you know that people are just like enough are right? Because what does it take? Because at some point, everyone's going to know somebody who has who has been a victim of school shooting or something tragic like that, you know, whether it's school like in Buffalo, the supermarket, a church, at some point, everyone's gonna say my mom, my sister, and my cousin, my son, Like what's happening here? You know. I was reading the statistic that I guess at one point when President Clinton was president, he had banned the set you know, the automatic assault rifles, and gun violence went down like forty three percent, and then it was lifted and gun violence increased by like two hundred I think, and forty.
Speaker 2: Three fired right, Like I'm like, why would that expire? Like we're gonna get over our issues.
Speaker 1: Yes, And there was a direct correlation, like it's up like over two hundred percent as a result. So it's like bands do work. Like this whole people are like, oh, bands don't work. It's like, let's look at the countries where they've enacted those and see how they have almost eliminated gun violence. So it's like you have to ask yourself, rottle the money, really, really, why won't politicians do anything? Because they're on the payroll of those who would benefits them to be able to sell these type of assault rifles. Did you see the it was It Good run in America? That young boy he maybe was like thirteen years old. They sent him into a seven to eleven to buy alcohol. Yes, they were like, maybe you can't buy alcohol. They send him to someplace elf to buy cigarettes. Maybe you can't buy cigarettes, all these other places. Then they send him to like a gun show to buy a gun. He walked out with a gun. No cold medicine. He can't buy alcohol. Cigarettes you can't buy But a thirteen year old can buy a gun.
Speaker 2: Can't real yep, but here still here's an assault rifle. Thank you for mentioning the protests. It's the only way I want to get up right now in protests. Like I've done a good job compartmentalizing, I think. And this past weekend just becoming obsessed with seeing my son smile, just obsessed. I would do anything to make her smile. And you know what, I broke my body for that child this week. And like I've not slept as hard as I slept. I went to bed at eight fifteen last night, and I slept until seven fifty six this morning. Like that is how hard I went, and I think I was just pouring all the energy into just like what can I do? But there's more than that. You mentioned the protesting and about the power of these elected officials and who do we want in power? And the fact of the matter is that, like, do not get it twisted. There's actually legislation already that's been passed in the House and has been stymied in the Senate because they need more. They need at least sixty votes to pass the filibuster, which is what you know Republicans and Democrats have used it to. If you don't get more than sixty votes, then you can welcome this filibuster, which means no one ever stops talking and nothing ever gets passed. Right, they need sixty votes, they don't got them. They don't have them because they don't have it. And even some there's probably a couple of Democrats who are not, you know, voting for this. But these are people we've elected into power. The midterms are coming up. How are we going to change this? Like, I feel so useless being here in a progressive state. I'm just like, should I move back to Georgia?
Speaker 3: What should I do?
Speaker 2: But if you're in a state where you have senators who are opposed and hell, we'll put the link in the show notes. You can see exactly who's opposed this law. I want you to call them. You have and it has to be you.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I actually listened to was I listening to? It was like a podcast and it was.
Speaker 2: Someone who works on Capitol Hill, and she was going into detail about the most impactful way to get elected officials attention. And she's like, if you're not from if you're not in their constituency, like you live where they represent, your calls are not going to matter as much. So I can't call, Tiffany, can't call if you don't if you live in Texas or Georgia or Kansas or wherever these places are.
Speaker 3: You have to call. You have to. We have to work.
Speaker 2: We have to save the babies, like we have to. And yeah, I'm gonna say babies. Because everyone's all about pro life and banning abortion and all that bullshit. We don't give a shit about children in this country. Like that's the way I feel. So you can't care about children, we don't give it. How do we not care about children? You're we're going to grow up to be taxpayers and business owners, and like, how do we not see what happens to a child and who they they've they've passed.
Speaker 1: Do we not think at conception you can't. I'm like, that's not literally.
Speaker 2: Can't feed them, we can't beat them.
Speaker 1: Yes, and so but now that when kids become actual kids, then it's like a hands off. It's just that's the only way people are gonna learn. And it actually does work. If you think, to you, so, wow, that doesn't work, that's not true. Like my assembly woman, Angela pe McKnight and I got together and then it took two years, two or three years, but we got the law passed in the state of New making financial education mandatory for middle school students. Then I called Angela and I was like, Yo, these people came to my house and under and praise the house. And it's been what like two years now, and I'm fortunately I can't be there because I have a speaking engagement. But on Saturday, on Thursday, they asked me to come testify before the Senate of New Jersey to testify to say this is what happened to me. So now there's a law or not a law but certainly I think I don't know if it's a bill yet, but it is. I think it's called the bill. Whatever a pre law is to say, hey, here's how one that's wrong for appraisals to be based upon race and gender and other information that has nothing to do with the value of your home. And here's what's going to happen for appraisers who do that. So that's happening. You know, it takes some time, but to stand up and say no, I'm going to reach out to my counsel person, my assembly person, my whatever. I mean. You know that's a quickly happening. Yes, locally, yep, locally. And I remember distinctly to your point, Mandy. She was like, can you come and speak, because hearing from a constituent is powerful if not write a letter. And I remember when we were getting the financial education law passed, she was like, can you send an email to all of your New Jersey folks in this area to say make a phone call. I literally gave them a link. I said, here's a link, click this, copy and paste this message if you don't know what to write. And so that's what we did to kind of to let lawmakers know, like, hey, there are people who could vote you in or out who care about this law making happen. So I just say all that to say that, I know sometimes it's hard because it's just like just vote that doesn't seem like enough. But I will say that being active in that way it does make change happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at the local level too, I got really involved in my and my school district's board of education election, which was just like, what was it a couple of weeks ago now, and the pro the pro gun, anti vax contingency, they're out there trying to get seats on school boards, okay, and thank goodness this particular election. And you know, I don't even have a kid in the school system yet, but I'm just like, he's going to be there, and if he's not there, I know kids who are. You know, I know kids in my neighborhood who are going to be in the school system. So even at that level, voting, you know, helping to pass out flyers, being aware of what's happening at your really local level, like going to your town hall meetings or getting on the list serve and you know, emailing your local elected officials. Believe me, they'll respond to those emails. At the local level, they will. It really matters. So you know, I just want I want to create at least a few minutes here to like, you know, can we create some like actionable items, you know, for action steps that you can take right now so we can all just feel a little bit less shitty. And I think that's it, you know, figuring out who's opposed this particular bill that originated in the House. Figuring out if you know, if you have any senators in your state, and there's quite a few who have opposed it, and how you can get in contact with them and tell them that they are not doing you a service that as a constituent you care will put those links in the show notes. That's one huge thing. And then also at your local level, who's on your board of education. I I have a friend and she has created a petition. Sadly enough, I mean, obviously gun reform is so important, but the reality is that, like Tiffany' said, it can take it take a long time to see any huge changes. We've already seen it. So in the meantime, you know, this mom is petitioning her local school board of education to better protect the children at schools. So even as we're thinking about big picture gun reform, there's still kids going to bat like wars every day. It feels like, how are we protecting them? Who's you know, this particular gun and walk through an unlocked door that was propped open by god, this teacher, I don't know how they're even coping with the what this has but there was no there and they have a school police district, no one they're to protect them, So, like, what can they do to take safer schools?
Speaker 3: Just don't train?
Speaker 1: It hit two weeks prior about this is what to do should this happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what's what looking into your local school district and what have they done to create a safer environment for schools. If we're gonna let these ar you know, fifteen's stay on the streets and let thirteen year olds buy up guns at gun shows and all of that, what are we going to do to make schools safer? And if you're not asking those questions as a concerned citizen, you know, I think that that's one of the simple things that we can do to make schools a little bit safer. And hug your babies and hug the babies that aren't your babies, and just appreciate that these lives, these fragile children.
Speaker 3: You know, I can't get over it.
Speaker 2: You know. The only thing that gave me comfort when I was, you know, in hysterics on Tuesday was I called my neighbor, one of my really good friends, who's become just, you know, I don't know, just an incredible support system for me. And she has a five year old who is in schools here, and I called her just to say, Hey, I'm on the side of the road, I'm losing my shit, you know, I just want to talk to you. And the background, her five year old son is in the background, and he's like and she's explained to him, you know, miss Mandy has some big feelings right now. Remember we've talked about he knows gun violence. And she's like, remember we've talked about the five years old. And I hear him in the background and he's like, oh, Miss Mandy, it's going to be okay. I know what to do if that happens. I'm going to run really fast. And that was it sobered me right up. Five years old for this kid, and I'm like, oh, he's why I can't be losing it right now, Like these tears ain't hurt helping anybody. You know, He's he's who I envision of course my own son too, But we need to care about kids that aren't our own kids, Like we need to care about every child black, white, brown, and you know wherever they live, and until we do, it's not going to be safe for them. And that's just a heartbreaking you know reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, deep breath and literally that's what doctor Green would say right now whenever I'm like, She's like, you know what, I want to take a couple of deep breaths because it's a heavy load.
Speaker 2: Try to make a baby smile. Every baby I've see him, just like I act like a crazy person now, like I've become that person to hold babies, and I'm like, how can I make your day brighter? Baby? Because you're here and you didn't want to be, you didn't ask for this, you're here in this country, so I know, I know, back to business as usual this week. Wish trying not to try not to think too deeply about it, but I mean still thinking about it, and still I actually had a moment where I was supposed to do my first. I had my big, first, big brand partnership last week scheduled to create my very excited five figure DAL You'd be so proud. And I think I told you when I it was the day I was negotiating, I told you. And my first post was supposed to go up Tuesday and shout out to this brand too, because I I didn't post anything. I only posted anything I had to do with the shooting. And I did get the message the next day like, oh, we noticed that this post hadn't gone up, and I was like, listen, no one would have cared. It wouldn't have had any impact. I would have felt insane for acknowledging. You know, this is about business, and it just nothing really mattered. And they were super considerate of that decision.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's it. For me.
Speaker 2: It felt I felt good to be my own to be a business owner at that point, at that point, be my own boss and be able to say you know what, no, this doesn't feel right, I'm not doing it now.
Speaker 1: And honestly, that's one of the one of the upsides of being a business owner. And because you have the agency to say so, you know, obviously there's a lot of other things that go on with being a business owner. But that is one of the upsides. It's that you have the agency to say now you know, like I don't think it's a good idea, but also it's great because you you obviously chose well with the brand partner, because you know, you found a partner that wasn't going to put profit over people in that moment, you know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: Shout out to anyone going to work just as much as you can. You know, you know your work culture better than we do obviously, but I feel like if you're going to work, and this is heavy on yourself, if you can clear your schedule, clear your schedule, if you can tell people why you're upset, tell them why you're upset, you know, so that people understand it it's not business as usual if we're not ready for it to be, and that that is another way that we can create some change and making a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had HR, like we we always have like outreach, so HR person's like if you need to talk to someone coaching, counseling, so we always make that available and sometimes we just talk about it, like you know, you have your normal chat with whomever you're chatting with that day it comes up and we speak about it because it's important to be said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, thank you for the space for me to speak about it and for us it together a teeny tiny bit better. I do so much breathing it's insane.
Speaker 1: I feel like I don't I don't realize how much I hold my breath. You're a breath holder, yes, and so like when I'm anxious, because I won't know until like I'll be talking to doctor Green and then maybe like halfway through our session, I'll do the deep sigh. Once she's told me something that like unlocked the thing that says, oh, that's true, and then she was like she's like, you know, that's the first breath you took. And I'm like, oh snap. She's like yeah, because I am a breath holder when I'm anxious or afraid or anything going wrong. So learning to breathe is through it is something I'm trying to practice, you know, Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: That we'll study it. Literally.
Speaker 2: Science shows that breathing is one of the ways to like regulate your nervous system and tell your.
Speaker 3: Body that you're safe.
Speaker 2: And I feel like at a time when everything feels unsafe, like breathing or what's the other best thing? A good laugh, A good like hearty laugh. We haven't done much of that this episode, but squeeze one in. Should we take a deep breath break and come back with brown boos brown break?
Speaker 4: Okay, brown booze, brown break? Which one are you gonna take? Brown booth, brown break? Which one are you gonna take?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm obviously gonna boost because I'm like, chow, we got enough.
Speaker 3: I got you. I got a boost for y'all. Don't worry, don't worry.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want me go, I can't go first. Mine's just a little silly. I'm and very like what we need these days. My butterfly extravaganza of a garden, my mastermind.
Speaker 3: It's working.
Speaker 2: I feel like a butterfly mastermind. You guys missed it. I don't know a lot. Around this time or late summer last year, I became obsessed. I had a caterpillar in my in my parsley bush that I had or parsley thing that I had planted. I don't even eat parsley like that, so I didn't mind I had a caterpillar because it was munching on them. Parsley, and I found out everything I could about this particular caterpillar was a swallowtail butterfly caterpillar, and I watched it become a chrysalist and I missed it when it emerged, but it was fine. It was beautiful. And so I was like, I want to plant the herbs that the butterflies will lay their eggs on. There's specific types of herbs, so those lottletail butterfly plant eggs and dill, and partially like anyway, so I planted a bunch of dill.
Speaker 3: I don't even eat dill like that, but so and I found.
Speaker 2: Twelve baby butterfly caterpillars on the dill yesterday, and so they're gonna eat up all the dill and they're gonna turn into a caterpillar.
Speaker 3: I don't know where they're all gonna live.
Speaker 2: I feel like we might need some crowd control because the dill is not that big.
Speaker 3: But I can't wait.
Speaker 2: To watch these little caterpillars become big caterpillars. I'm going to go check on them as soon as we wrap and get my lunch, and just it gives me so much peace watching these little caterpillars. And I've got I said, my butterfly mastermind is that I also am growing milkweed flowers, which are the only flowers I think monarch butterflies either eat or lay their eggs on something to that effect. So I want to have the I want to and I'm going to be planting ecanesia flowers cone flowers because this is what butterflies love to eat. So I want to create the perfect little butterfly ecosystem so I can just watch all the life stages of the butterfly. And I already feel better talking about it. Y'all might think I'm a little cuckoo.
Speaker 1: No, I love it.
Speaker 2: But if it's beautiful, so shut up. Brown boost for my gardening and my butterfly.
Speaker 1: You know what it brings me a butterfly. This is like a book that every preschooler needs if you don't have it by Eric Carl The Very Hungry Caterpillar. That's like my babe.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh and real favor too, Yeah, that book that butterfly ate cupcakes and plus he was greed.
Speaker 3: Let me real he had a tummy ache.
Speaker 1: But it was such a great book. But I just remembered It had me thinking about about that when you said the catterpillar was like eating, you know, like.
Speaker 2: They're so hungry and gardeners hate them, but I love them. I think you seem to make peace with them. I'm not going to eat all that deal anyway. It's funny we could.
Speaker 1: Share a little deal. It was a little deal between friends.
Speaker 3: What about you my friends?
Speaker 1: My brown boost it's gonna be I actually spoke with one of my friend this weekend and she was she's been in business for a long time, about as long as me, and she called because she wanted to talk about like her cash flow and like she's like, oh, what should I do? And I said, you know, I was listening to her listening, and then I said, you know, can I ask a question that's not necessarily related to this technical question you have for me? And she was like yeah. I said, well, like what actually do you want from your life? Like what are you working toward? And she was like, oh, when I want to I want to grow a billion dollar business. She's got this technology that can honestly potentially grow into a billion dollar business because the government wants it. And I'm like, yeah, no, not that, but like what do you want for you like, and she was like, you know, I want something like how I had a few years ago when my business was a little smaller. I was making about three hundred and fifty thousand dollars in business a year, and I was traveling all the time. And she was just like I can just hear her light up when she was saying it. I said, so, what about the life that you're currently pus is appealing because it sounds like you haven't taken a vacation in a while. She's gonna happen. It sounds like, you know, you actually are making less even though you're making more. For those of you who are business you know exactly what I mean. Like your business is making more, but it's costing you more, so you personally are making less. So it sounds like that's where you are. She said yeah. And I was just like, for what again, So you can have this billion dollar business? She was just like, well, here's the thing. I want to live the kind of luxury that like that a billion dollar business can afford. And I said, are you living that now? She said now? I said, well, how long have you been in this holding pattern? It's been a couple of years, and I said, well, it sounds like your life was pretty great before, because what if you take this next ten years to indeed grow this billion dollar business, get there, only to find out it's not as cute as you think, and you will have paid for that life with your life, you know. And she was just like wow, you know, because I get it that there was a stage an entrepreneship that I have seen over the last couple of years where it's growth by any means necessary. It's bigger, bigger, bigger, more, more and more, bigger, bigger, more, more and more and more and more, especially in the black and brown entrepreneur community, because for the first time we have been able to break through and like, you know, look, I've never seen this type of wealth grown so quickly in this community through entrepreneurship, and so I myself definitely got caught up in it as well, because it was, like I remember distinctly, one of my mentors she met well, told me that if you can get it, go get it, meaning like well, Tiffany, if you can do one, can you do five million? If you can do five mili, can you do ten? If you can do ten, can you do fifty? So it's like, well, girl, if it's out there to get it and you can get it, go get it. And so I subscribed to that because I thought, if it's possible, why not reach for the stars? Never really asking myself, but do I just like clouds? And so because of like losing Darrell, it helped to like reset and to really ask myself, actually, how do you actually want your life to go. I know that I could grow a fifty to one hundred million dollar company. I know I can do that. We know that, but is that what you actually want? Are you not wearing your target's best every day?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Like, are you still not driving your twenty fifteen Lincoln MKZ that you bought used anyway and you love that car? Yes? Is your house your work is not paid off and you actually love your little house? You know? Yes? So what is if I you know what I mean, Like, what's the point Like if I were to get this hundred million dollar business and sacrifice my life, Now, what's on the other side of that is isn't it really a better life?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What is all that for? Basically? So we really talked about that and she was just like, wow, you know one of the things that Dyll taught me is the concept of enough, you know, and I'd never known that concept. I used to think the concept of enough meant that you were not ambitious. I spent to drilling ambitious, and that you were settling. Yep. Because I was like, Jerrell, you don't want to do this and this and this, and he's like, hmmm no. I'm like, but babe, you can, like you know, you work for housing, You're super already. We can have like apartment buildings. And he was just like, I mean maybe another house or two that'd be cool. And I'm like, I remember it to drive me crazy. And finally I was like, that's just him. I'm out here doing it meanwhile, stressed overwork, my blood pressure was raising.
Speaker 3: I wanted to benefit, though you were doing it for his benefit.
Speaker 1: Too, Yeah, I was, you know, but I'm just thinking to myself, like there was a moment where I actually had attained the goals I set forth and I zoomed passed. It didn't even acknowledge. I was like, I want to have a house that's paid off. I don't want any debt. I want to pay off my student loan debts. I want to be able to vacation or at least I have enough money to do. So I want to pay off my parents' house. So I had this goal and when I tell you, I flew past it, barely nodded at it, and kept going. So it's not that I regret the hard work, but it's like you did the thing that you wanted and now you're still working as if you just started. And it was a law of diminishing returns where the work was actually bringing me less of what I intended, which is freedom and time. And so that's what I'm really So I believe in hard work, but it's like that it should be tied to something versus just work for working sake. And that's the zone that I had entered into that I was just working for working sake because we had the things we said we wanted to have and so yeah, so it was like, you know, it was just a really good chat with her. And I mentioned this book before Stillness is the Key, But my favorite chapter is definitely the chapter called enough. I probably listened to that twenty times just to re remind myself, like, you know, what does it look like? But you have to self identify For some people, enough is it's not really the money. Maybe for some people, enough is living a certain lifestyle that I'm not, you know, I don't subscribe to, but that's fine. So really I had to learn this s and self identify what is enough and do I have it? And if I do, I don't have to put not that I don't work at all, because I still do, but I don't have to work as if I'm still trying to achieve what I set forth anyway, And so I've never been more aligned. Like literally, I was going through my my calendar with Rose, my adamant today and I was like, girl, why do I have like five meeting five things today? No? No, no reschedule these two that can wait until the end of the month. And you know, like I was looking at all these little trips that have coming at my sisters, and I are all going to be going to Chicago to surprise my sister Karen. Hey, Karen, surprise.
Speaker 3: She's not a listener.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if she's but I'm gonna tell her this week.
Speaker 3: Addy read shady like all my families, but.
Speaker 1: I'm supposed to like speak in Chicago, and old Tippy would have been like just go and come back. But I was like, I'm going to Chicago. Why didn't invite all the sisters to come? And so we've all been to Chicago, but not all the same time with the kids. So it's going to be like we call the Alicia Sisters. I know, So I just but I'm just no, because my dad doesn't fly as much now that he's in his mid eighties, he doesn't fly as much, and I don't I know. If I asked my mom, she'll be like yeah, and I'm like, well, who's gonna watch daddy? She's like, oh fine, I know. So instead, I'm gonna see if I can send him later. I'm gonna see if he wants to go. But as my dad used to travel all the time, but now that he's mid eight he just doesn't like to travel as much. I'm gonna maybe, you know what I'm gonna see, Maybe I put him on a train, you know, because you can do like one of those really comfortable like first class like you know, and trains are really comfortable. Maybe that will be like a better I'm gonna see if that because I know my sister would love to see him in Chicago. I mean, she's been here obviously a number of times. But yeah, I've never been more aligned. I spend way more time with family and friends. I speak to my mentees all the time, I take daily walks, I nap, I'm financially stable, I have therapy. I just I've never been more aligned. But I've never worked less.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I do get a little anxious from not working, you know, for not working as much. But I learned to calm myself down, like I have enough, and it feels really awesome. It doesn't mean that there's not growth, because growth is still happening, you know, but you know, not as a result of my hyper productivity, you know, which is not all that productive. And so like, yeah, I'm just learning, Like I think my my brown boost is like the concept of enough and learning to lean into it.
Speaker 2: I love that stillness is the key. Do you ever, even on your walk sometimes I feel like I'm turning. I had been turning my walks into like, oh, be productive, listen to this, listen to that, and or catch up on this that you you know you missed, and or listen to the news and whatnot. But I've I've tried to get back to just quiet and listening to the birds chirping, and you know, my favorite mom and my favorite walking ladies and kind of eavesdropping on their conversations and what's going on with their lives.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: I love that walk with some tea. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh that reminds me really quickly of Girl Treks. Did I tell you I ran into the co founder of Girls or Vanessa?
Speaker 3: What is she? The founder?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yea and Morgan, yeah, the founders. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So they want a webby for their incredible podcast called I forget what it's called, but it's a twenty day it's twenty one episode podcast series because it's like twenty one days walking challenge that they created. And she says, hello, it was so funny because we were just talking about what we did and she's like, wall, you have a podcast with who's Tiffany?
Speaker 3: What about people?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like wearing the shirt anyway? And I know and and I know Girl Trek from you. And so if you guys haven't heard of Girl Trek, I mean talk about a movement they have gotten probably millions of black women across the country walking again, getting in touch with that space and stillness and quiet and the you know walking. So if you haven't checked them out, We'll do a bonus boost for for Girl Trek.
Speaker 1: Girl trek dot org. I believe this is their website. It's free. You know, if you're a sister and you want to walk, you know, you can meet up with other sisters, you can walk alone, but they create all these challenges to get you out moving. But secretly, she's like, their real mission is to solve for loneliness. And she was like, you know that, and black women, it's like, you know, if you can walk with someone or meet up with someone, it's like, oh, you're not alone. There are other women who are just like you who'd love to meet you and hang out with you. So it's just an awesome, awesome, awesome organization.
Speaker 3: I love them.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Vanessa if you're listening, and all Girl Trekkers.
Speaker 1: YouTube, Morgan what about Me.
Speaker 3: And Morgan?
Speaker 2: Okay, also of Morgan, Well, you know this wasn't Brown Ambition with the side of chuckles today. We tried to bring you the chuckles home we can, but Brown Ambition has always been I feel like a space where we get to acknowledge the hard things too and visit them and feel a little bit stronger having visited them.
Speaker 1: So thank you friend, thank you, and we'd love to hear from you. Guys. You know we have a Twitter, a Twitter, the BA podcast, so right, tweet and Instagram.
Speaker 2: I have brand Ambisson Podcast all the places. Just go to brownibisionpodcast dot com and you can find all the things, all the things, and we will see y'all next time. Yes, bye bye, Hey BA fan. We could not do this show without your support or the support of our team behind the scenes. The Brown Ambission Podcast is produced by Cumulus Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: It's edited by.
Speaker 2: The wonderful Emani Crosby and produced by Tanya Bustos. Dennis Demplinsky is our in house tech guru, and I am Bandy Woodrid Santos your co host, and I will see y'all next week.