Speaker 1: Well, hello the Internet, and welcome to season three twenty one of Oh I Mean, Episode four of The Daily s Eye Guys, a production of iHeartRadio. This is the podcast, not the production seat. Look, it's been a minute since I was the main host, you know what I mean, So forgive me, y'all. I'm stepping on my words, I'm stumbling, and I'm just getting over jet lag. But this is the podcast where we take a deep dive into america shared consciousness. It is Friday, January nineteenth, twenty twenty four, and you're probably asking yourself what is January nineteenth? But what's wild is there's only one fucking holiday today or national day to day. It's National Popcorn Day, so get it popping however you like to microwave otherwise, yeah, or in a air stretcher.
Speaker 2: Just love popcorn.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: Oh really it's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well let's interrogate that in a little bit. Well, first of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Miles Great aka now Here I go again. I dream I'm in Japan. I keep my abaws on in church. It's d E C.
Speaker 3: That's always suppressing all my dreams.
Speaker 1: And are there any dreams I'd like to see dreams of Tokyo. Okay, let me get to the fucking chorus. You're here real que quick, take me on a Joiney DJ call, playing with the dreaming.
Speaker 3: When I'm playing.
Speaker 4: Said dreaming, it will come in, it will go.
Speaker 3: When I'm off the.
Speaker 1: Weed, my dreams will flow ever anyway, thank you so much, Shawnee underscore Pawnee on the discord. You know, honestly, it is really wonderful to have these kinds of Akas you guys were listening to what I've been saying about my dreams, they have come back ever since I stopped smoking weed, or but I'm still I'm lightly smoking weed. I'm trying to again, Like I told Jack, I'm trying to find this balance between smoking weed and still having my dreams because getting my dreams back has been such a weird I feel, I don't know, it's been amazing. But enough about me. Let me introduce today's guest co host, someone who you've already heard exclaimed they are a lover of popped corn. Not only that, they're a fantastic comedy writer, fantastic podcast host. They won fucking Jeopardy. Okay, they have their own pocket podcast, which I've been on. I got the pleasure of being on called Secretly Incredibly Fascinating.
Speaker 2: It is the one and only Alex schwith buddy thank you, And I didn't prepare it. AKA, let's just let's just say I was on a skateboard drinking a lot of ocean spray while you were thank you a wonderful son. I think that was where I should have been, and that's where it was in my heart.
Speaker 1: I mean again, well, can I just clarify you love popcorn? When you like you ought went for the popcorn? What go on? What is it? Is it the movie? Is it the is it the microwave? Is it the Popcornopolis? What are we talking here?
Speaker 2: I think it's like only not my favorite food because it's kind of just air. But otherwise it's pretty much. And I like to make it on the stovetop because then you can flavor it however you want. You know, you can do the balance your way. It's not up to the microwave bag.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. When you do it on a stovetop, would you put like an a scalet or some shit. I have a I have a custom uh not appliance. But it's like an aluminum pot with a gizmo on it. It's called a whirley pop And so you put all the kernels in it, and then there's a rotating tool that moves the kernels so that they like keep moving around and pop. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, it's fantastic. And then how do you see it? Like what's your seat? Like you put the seasonings in with the kernels.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, yeah, yeah yeah, you can add them later. But there's an amazing specific salt for popcorn called flavor call. It's like an orange curtain. Okay, I am let me tell you, I do not talk about this a lot, and I am learning how much of into it as I say, Yet I know foreign culture.
Speaker 1: Does you even have producer Victor in the chat? He's like, what the fuck you are blowing my mind right now? I'm so jealous right now hearing of this. Okay, now I'm interested because I would love to like turn up popcorn that's like spicy, you know what I mean? I love spicy shit. Yeah, I know, I'm just thinking of it right now, like a bunch of cayenne pepper or like other kinds of spices. Anyway, that's what another show called Snacks We Never Thought About, which is coming to iHeart actually next fall, so stay tuned for that. But before we do that, Alex, let's introduce our guests. Someone also has a very incredible podcast, which is also Yah. I mean, like we're saying label mates on Max one.
Speaker 2: So exciting new thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've had her on before. Everybody loves having her. We love having her. She is the host and creator of the Black People Love Paramore Pod. Please welcome to the Microphonsa coils.
Speaker 3: Hello. Hello, I'm so excited to be back.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you for coming back, Thank you for coming back. Right. We're you at on the Popcorn Conversation. I saw you. You were definitely you had movement.
Speaker 3: I was popping the popcorn. I love popcorn. I love popcorn so much, Alex, have you tried Trader Joe's has a seasonal popcorn that's stuffing flavored. It's the best thing I've ever had in my life. It's what wild. It's so good. It's so good. It's only there in the month of November, though, and it sells out pretty quick. If they have it next year, I'm buying so many bags. It's fire.
Speaker 1: I am fucking dead, insight. I love stuffing is like one of my is really for me, one of my favorite fucking things. I love everything. I love everything and thanks, don't get me wrong, but I fucking love stuffing same. I think it's set time. It's the every the celery, the onion popcorn that tastes like that.
Speaker 3: It tastes just like it too. Like I was shocked. And when I went back to Trader Joe's trying to get it again, they didn't have it. But the lady pointed me to the seasoning that they have that they used for the popcorn, and the seasoning is called everything but the Leftovers, and I think they have that year round, not positive and it's fiself. You've had that one.
Speaker 1: I have put it on popcorn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there it is, so you had it less.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, we're learning a lot. We're learning a lot about each other. Where are you on the you know, like the tins of popcorn that you would get at the mall.
Speaker 3: I love a good tin of popcorn. I'm not mad. I'm not a super sweet popcorn girly, but I do like when they mix the like white cheddar carmel or something fire. My mom is also from Chicago, and Chicago has like this big thing around.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but what's the what's the spot?
Speaker 3: Like I can't remember the name. What's the name?
Speaker 1: Do you know? Alex producer producer, justin? You're from this you're from Chicago area. Garrett's Garrett, thank you Justin. See we always have proper Chicago representation here.
Speaker 2: There's like nutsign Clark has the bags too. She can do that, but but garretts, Yeah, that's the way to get the tub of the three.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sure, your mom's from Chicago, she is a right, is your dad from Chicago?
Speaker 3: No, my dad's from Alabama.
Speaker 1: Oh okay. See it's interesting, like because my grandparents came out from Chicago to l A. There's like there's always there's always that poll happening. I think it was mostly the Second World War that did that from our grandparents. But do it. But anyway, so we will get to know you and your love of popcorns and other things much better. But first we've got to tell people, give them a light preview as to what we're going to talk about today. We're talking about what is going on with Donald Trump's hands. You probably on Twitter, and everyone's like he's got symphilists or it's you know, he's playing too much PlayStation. We will, we will dive into this because I don't think it's but we have James Carville to thank thank for that, the Raging cajun uh and former Clinton advisor. Also in just other just very obviously culturally significant news. We must discuss whatever the fuck is going on in this new Jennifer Lopez movie.
Speaker 3: We must.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I saw the trailer. I like to think I have good sort of visual comprehension, but I'm not sure if I can like adequately describe what this is. So we will. We will take that journey together and try and figure out, using our combined intellectual strength to decode whatever that trailer was.
Speaker 2: Then mails you you saying that I wish you were describing like Made in Manhattan too, or something like just the most.
Speaker 1: Of what was it? Marry me, marry me? Say yes, what was that?
Speaker 5: Was that?
Speaker 1: Was that?
Speaker 6: Mo?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Dude, I don't know why I watch every like when Jaylo puts something out, I fucking watch it. I don't know what right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, a lot of people feel that way about her acting roles yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, but it's not even I don't know what the thing is. I'm like, i gotta respect it. I think it's because she was Selena, and I'm like ever since then, I'm like, you know what, j Loo, I don't know why. I'm gonna watch everything, even straight to Peacock movie.
Speaker 3: Black people love Selena Mile so.
Speaker 1: Oh hell exactly, and also like West Coast, like West Coast no matter what, but especially like for black people on the West Coast, you know what time it is with Selena, So we got it. We gotta shout out Selena. But then we'll also talking about this conservative Michael Knowles. He's so smart that he actually proved that white people are incapable of seeing race. He's figured it out. He has the proof, or he will just very in bad faith misinterpret survey and say that's what it is. But anyway, we'll get to that plenty more. We might even talk about Blue Monday, which is like this thing that happens in the UK and sometimes we see it over here and what is going on with that.
Speaker 6: It just turns out it's a sales thing. But we'll get into that plenty more. But first, Sekoya be Holmes. We must ask you, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 3: Okay, I recently searched Billie Eilish and Renee rapped together in a photo because I have a hard time believing that's not the same person. Tell me that's not the same person. It is the same human being at a baseline related And.
Speaker 1: Don't you appear that they're their cousins?
Speaker 3: Right, I'm I get improved of that. So is it on the firm theory?
Speaker 1: What do you think it? Is it the head shape because that's where I feel like they've with their blonde hair, the way their hair falls and their head face shape. I'm like, okay, that's we're an eyelish territory.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's the whole middle part of their face. It's really the whole face. But it's something about the eyes. They both have these kind of like not dead behind the eyes, but a little like they've seen some things behind the eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't have that look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you know?
Speaker 2: It almost feels like they're both characters in a movie where it's twins swapping lives or something, you know, a.
Speaker 3: Parent trap from them that would be so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She also like I would believe if she was related to Pink too.
Speaker 3: Oh, I could definitely see that. Yeah, yeah, I can see that too. That makes sense.
Speaker 1: But what are we? Are we putting another or should we put the conspiracy theory out there now that they are one and the same?
Speaker 3: I do think I will until I see them together. You can't tell me otherwise.
Speaker 1: So okay, yeah, I like that. What this again? Maybe we just start a podcast about that called how come billion renee and in the same photo? Ever?
Speaker 3: Why not put him together?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Put me wrong?
Speaker 1: Also? Oh, I forgot to ask, don't were you on since you had Haley from Paramour on your.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I've been on.
Speaker 1: I don't think I was fucking geeking when I saw that ship. Than I was like that, yeah, blown the fuck away, and it sounded like you had such a good time. I'm I just wanted to I just wanted to point that out that I saw that. I thought it was great. It gave me excitement and in a way that I don't think I ever have.
Speaker 3: I was so excited to post it.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, were sitting were you sitting on that for a minute?
Speaker 3: For a minute, it was very hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I've ever sat on a picture like that, Like I hope to one day be like, oh my god, posters ship.
Speaker 3: Come on. I couldn't even sleep. I woke up at like five am like posting it.
Speaker 1: Yeah right now for the East Coast, they got it. People people in the GMT Greenwich meantime also love Paramore, so you might as them at that time. Yeah, they got it. What's something that you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Coldstone Creamery is the most overrated ice cream chain among them, for sure.
Speaker 1: Go on, what is it about it? What are we saying?
Speaker 3: It's so rich? Cold Stone is so rich. The flavor combinations are not interesting or original, and it's just kind of gross, Like it tastes like I'm eating cheese, and we know I don't like cheese. I'll talk about this on the first episode. I don't like cheese, and it tastes like I'm eating cheese. Every time.
Speaker 6: I like.
Speaker 2: I like that you've covered the anti cold Stone and then with the even bigger take of anti cheese, that's like just escalating. Yeah, just the fucking attacking me, Like it tastes like cheese.
Speaker 3: I don't want to eat that.
Speaker 1: Okay, then what's the superior ice cream for you? Like, if you're saying get that out of the way, allow me to introduce you, or we should be embracing this place.
Speaker 3: I'm a Jenny's ice cream girly. I think that's in different spots in the US, not as pervasive as a cult. So I also love Hoggandaws. Hoggan Das has fallen out of public grace recently or public I don't know this public in general. Yeah, I like Hoggandas.
Speaker 1: It's great. Yeah, hoggingized because like the whole thing was like it was based on like a fake like the mirage of it being this fancy ice cream place. But the people were just like, what can we name this shit to make people think this ship is fucking fancy? They said, And.
Speaker 3: They got my ass cause yeah, I'll stay with a little pine of Hoganas and the freezer is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jenny's has some good I mean Jenny's. I feel like they have nationwide distribution now, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, it is on my grocery stores and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because whenever I see it, I'm like, oh shit, okay, what about you? Yeah, Alex, you got where were you in on this ice cream? Debate.
Speaker 2: I had never thought about my opinion of Coldstone, and I think I don't like it that much either, because I'm not that at a toppings on ice cream, and then they're all processes sort of toppings all over, and I don't really need that my toppings. The ice cream is so good already.
Speaker 1: It's wild because.
Speaker 3: Ice cream is good, but it's not at colds. That's what I have to lean on the top things.
Speaker 1: This is the thing, the one when I would I used to work when I worked at this laser tag place back in high school and college doing like kids birthdays. The spot was above a Coldstone, and so I would go down there and I would trade like laser tags and ship with like the people that worked at the cold Stone. They're like, oh, let me hook you up. I was like, please, don't. I just want I just want the sweet cream ice cream on its own, like that was the only thing I ate there. I did not like they would be like, oh, you're gonna try the apple pie all the mode. I'm like, I do not. Please listen to me when I say you're hooking me up by just giving me a big ass cup of sweet cream ice cream. That's hard Yeah, that's it. That's it. Yeah, it's not so difficult, is it. Yeah, Jenny's got it. What's the one that I fucking I'm absolutely in love with? Over there's a sweet buttercake, gooey buttercake.
Speaker 3: Oh oh at Jenny's. Yes, the buttercake wanted Jenny's. Yes, Their salty kramel is my favorite. It's so good. It's perfect Jenny's.
Speaker 1: And we're looking, We're willing to look past the listeria scare that you had a few years ago. You know what I mean, come to the show. I remember it pull on and itone was like, no, our favorite place. I'm like, it's just eat around it, eat around the listeia on the Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you said that, I suddenly imagined it being Jenny's fault. Personally, I don't know who Jenny is just wrapped. Was like seeing something into the ice cream. That was the story one of the Desperate Housewives living on Listeria Lane or wherever the no are you are? You wasn't their shit called wisteriasia?
Speaker 3: That sounds right with Yeah?
Speaker 1: Anyway, Sorry, that was a bad you know what, I'll see myself out I'm doing Desperate Housewives references in the Year of Our Lord twenty twenty four, because I fell for it. It's clear what is something you think is under rated?
Speaker 3: We're gonna stick with the ice cream theme here, or a frozen yogurt de general, a simple tart flavored frozen yogurt or a plane vanilla ice cream is so superior.
Speaker 1: And if you have.
Speaker 3: Those done well, you don't need all the bells and whistles that everybody's doing right now.
Speaker 1: Yep, who's your what's your who's your favorite tart, frozen yogurt or ice cream?
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm pretty indifferent. I can get it from Yogurtland. I could do tooty fruity, I could do pink berry, I could do pretty much anything with a tart frozen yogurt. I haven't seen that messed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's good, becaus got that little yogurty bite to it, just a.
Speaker 3: Little, a little pucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good. It reminds you of like when I could, like my mom wouldn't buy me like snack pack or like chocolate pudding at the storage, Like you should be yogurt. And I'm like, there's no fucker sugar in here. But I'll but like, that's all I could get down on so once. I remember when Pink Brery came out. I was like, again, I'll just eat this. Yep, no topic.
Speaker 3: I feel like if you regular yogurt in the freezer, is it frozen yogurt? Or is there something special about frozen yoga? Is it not just yogurt?
Speaker 1: What is it? I don't know, I don't know how they make it.
Speaker 2: I'm realizing this. It's always just been a ministry except and I pulled the handle. It's probably good.
Speaker 1: Alex, are you a topping guy? Are you a simple pleasures guy? Because I know obviously you don't like your popcorn simple? Do you like yogurt? Simple? Hey?
Speaker 2: I think I'm very excited that I'm finding all three of us are so on the team of simple dessert, and like, make dessert just one thing. When you're having dessert, just do it well, like I even the holl like winter always reminds me that I don't like agnog very much because I don't need dessert to also be alcohol Like I can just have a tea.
Speaker 1: Breaking up alcohol. The flavor fucking goes.
Speaker 3: I don't even put alcohol mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the flavor go I will eat the ice cream. We were doing so fucking well, missus.
Speaker 3: This past year, I found a ice cream sandwich that had eggnog in the middle. It was an eggnog ice cream sandwich.
Speaker 1: But now sounds pretty good. Where was that at?
Speaker 3: It was at like Raups or Bonds, one of those main grocery store chains. It was the signature Selects brand by the groceryore chain brand. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes sometimes they don't miss they understand our simple palettes that were little babies. They just want to drink and have yogurt all day. All right, Well, we're gonna take a break, we're gonna come back, and we're gonna get into some just hard hitting those like just Trump half syphilis right after.
Speaker 4: This and we're back.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure some of you have probably heard of this this or luckily maybe some of you have are doing the good thing and not ending a lot of time on social media. But there is a picture of Donald Trump that was really just doing the rounds on the internet on Thursday, or on Wednesday going into Thursday as well, where he was just leaving the courtroom where he was absolutely having a fit. We'll probably touch on that next week and was just giving just a wave to the supporters and the reporters, and someone took a photo of this and on his right hand, not unlike a fourteen year old's yearbook photo, it was covered in red splotches, and people were like, what is going on with his hands? People online joke that he said the red spots could be everything from most McDonald's catch up, because you know he loves McDonald's to red ink from top secret documents. But then the word syphilis started trending on social media, and if you clicked it, you're like, what are we doing here? And it all basically, it seems like it all comes from an unverified claim made by James Cavell, the Rageingcajun who loved to just talk a lot of smoke about Donald Trump, and on his live Cash show he said this about the photo. He said, they don't look like cuts to me. They look like sores. And if I've asked a number of mds what medical condition manifested itself through hand source, and the answer is immediate and unanimous secondary syphilists, I said, what the secondary syphilis? He also said, maybe the picture was doctored or whatever. Maybe the story will go somewhere. Maybe it won't. It's like, okay, sir, first of all, you can't just I know you want to just be saying this ship, but this is not journalism at all. Maybe it was doctor or whatever, and maybe it'll go somewhere that I'm saying out loud that this is simbilist whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mean, he's not going to get the Pulitzer for guessing about hands.
Speaker 1: Was not going to get that word. Oh, And I'm just I don't what is secondary syphilis.
Speaker 3: I would imagine my theory on what secondary syphlis is. That's real, right, and that manifest you know we're listen, usually manifest I don't just wear on your drunk and then if you're Donald Trump and you tug it often, where does it go? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so that's what that's my theory. Yeah, syphilis. There's just there's too much going on. And that was so specific. I'm like, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a generalized infection. It's characterized by systemic symptoms and intimation and very infections. Okay whatever. All that to say is when I look at that, I'm like, as much as I want to be, like, yeah, man, carbo fucking nailed it. This dude has syphilis and it's on his hand. That's like that's where everything goes. But like everything, like so many people like started talking about this that like other like news outlets were like based on this syphilis claim, Like they were reaching out to dermatologists to be like what is it, like what could be going on? And most people were saying, like it's probably a rash caused by like overwashing, which makes sense. We know Trump is like a germophobe. I honestly think it's from golfing. That looks like where it is like on your hand, that's from just swinging a golf club all the time. Like that looks like a friction injury. Is Again, look, I'm not here to defend Donald Trump and his hands and whatever the fuck, But it's just like the people were getting so giddy about the syphilist thing is just a little too much for me. Like real, he's playing so much fucking golf and he sucks. He's probably his techniques by all fucked up. That he's got a lot of blissties, Okay, Yeah, And I think a lot of people are giving like this sort of clap theory a lot more weight, mostly because of Trump's love of not ever making sense when he's speaking out loud, and they're like, look got to his brains man, And people claim I was like, it's his mental deterioration due to the syphilists. It could also be because he's old and highly inarticulate. But here a lot of people are saying, like, because recently he said this, I'm just gonna play this clip where he started talking about banks, but then it became about something else. I try and follow along with whatever Donald Trump's was saying here in New Hampshire. But we're also going to play strong protections to stop banks and regulators from trying to de bank you from your.
Speaker 3: You know, your your political beliefs.
Speaker 1: What they do, they want.
Speaker 3: To dbank you, and we're going to d bank think of this.
Speaker 7: They want to take away your rights, they want to take away your country.
Speaker 1: The things you're doing.
Speaker 2: All electric cars, give me a break if you want an electric rugget, but they don't go far.
Speaker 1: They're very expensive, they're going to be made. They're like boom siphilist someone.
Speaker 2: I feel like someone taught him the word debunk and then he's just messing it up.
Speaker 3: Oh is that what he's trying to say D bank?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know, or he's starting off right. He said he wants to play strong protections. I think this is a culture war thing to stop banks and regulators from debanking you, because that's like like financially deplatforming, like hate sites or people who are involved in hate speech. You see where they're like, oh, okay, this bank will no longer bank with me, or I can't sell my like kkk fucking like T shirts with this they don't want to do any of my consumer like transactional banking. I think that's what he meant, because that's what it's like, tod D bank you from your political that's they want to and we're going to D bank. Think it is they're taking away your country. It's like I think it always end up. Yeah, I mean, I think that's where it's like. And then maybe reflexively just went into like just you know, doing the raw ra like let's get all angry about the fact that America is a diverse place, it felt, but then electric car then he did electric cars. Hit us with electric cars.
Speaker 3: That's why I really got less lost. I don't understand how do we get here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, if his flow is caused by syphilis, he's had syphilis for his entire life, yeah, seeing it on his hands, right right, Yeah, we think we've always just called it Trump jazz.
Speaker 1: That's just what he does. It's like like and then he just changes up to something else, and now he's just like playing in a completely different key, and you got to follow along with all the changes. But yeah, you know, James Carvill, as much as I like to say that, you you know you I like to you know that Donald Trump and Lord and snake nipples. Maybe there's a different explanation here for his blisters, which it might look like, but who knows.
Speaker 2: Let's it's I feel like it's such a media literacy thing, like in broadly, people just need to know that if a story sounds way way too exciting and good too, that's the story you check the most. If you're thrilled about Donald Trump suddenly having weird public syphilis, it's probably it's probably too much of a treat. We're back to talking about dessert, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 1: New flavor from Jenny's secondary Ciffy with with I'm not even won't even described. Yeah, I won't even describe that, but we get it and the like it's true, Alex. Like I think a lot of people like with anything, when you're when your confirmation bias is set to a certain direction or a certain flow of things, narratively speaking, all you need is something that like sort of begins to intersect with that to be like, yeah, dude, he's got simplest all over his hands. Man, he's losing his mind. It's like, relax. I know you don't want him to be president, but like, let's maybe focus on other things. I might feel more substantive than just be like it's the same my last Yeah, well, let's focus our energy on something truly confounding more than Donald Trump's hand. Source. The trailer for Jennifer Lopez's new Amazon Prime movie just hit the internet, and uh huh is was my first reaction. It's called This is Me Now, a love Story, and it's also the name of her new album, which also comes out the same day. So are we doing a lemonade type thing here? J Lo? Is that what this is?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm that's I have to I have to. I'm just I'm looking at the pieces and I'm trying to put the information together to try and make sense of this, or is this a musical? Is it a feature length Gucci ad because that's what I also suspect. I'm wondering how much money Gucci put it on this, because there is so much Gucci in that trailer. I was like, okay, like we get it, Like you either sponsored by Gucci or they're sponsoring this whole thing, but nobody seems to be sure. One person on Twitter said that the plot was seemingly about quote a sex addict who works in a nuclear post apocalyptic factory, which kind of tracks visually.
Speaker 3: Visually like where are we? What's happening?
Speaker 1: Good? What do we like? The open, like the trailer open says with a credit that says the movie is from the Heart, Soul and Dreams of Jennifer like from the Heart Stolen Dreams of Jennifer Lopez. I'm like, okay, okay, go on, like what is this about? And it seems very dark then, but then it plays like a like a calm or something. But they say she's a sex addict and she's getting married too much, and I don't know what what what do you think? What is going on here? Or what were the most confusing parts for you guys watching this whole thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, the genre is the most confusing part. Like, I don't even know. I don't know if this is scripted. I'm positive that is scripted, but like it's not super clear immediately. I don't know if it's a musical. I don't know if it's feature length. I literally don't know anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Alex, what you you You're smarter than most people would. What is this about it?
Speaker 2: It's she has like a double heart shape cut out in a wedding dress.
Speaker 1: That was kind of cool.
Speaker 2: I was sort of looking for the nuclear factory or whatever after reading that. I don't know if I totally got that vibe from the trailer. Maybe it's kind of a the city as a character kind of thing, like it's just in the background of the film. I don't I really don't understand that that big title of from the Dreams of Jennifer Lopez. I feel like somebody at least kind of knows this is out of control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that's it, And maybe maybe Jlo stopped smoking weed and her dreams got so wild. She's like, y'all, I figured out my lemonade. So everybody says, I'm a sex addict. But then I'm getting married to three different dudes, because you know how I like to get married. And then I'm playing. I'm dancing on a basketball court, but then I have a has matched suit on in a steampunk industrial complex where I'm also performing with the other. Right, It's I don't know, but it's intriguing. I'm intrigued. I want to know more. When you look at the people and they say like starring Fat Joe, Trevor Nor Trevor, Noah, Kim, Petris Post Malone, Keiky Palmer, Sophia Vergara, Jennifer Lewis, Jay Shetty, Neil de Grasse, Tyson, Sad Duru from the Dude from YouTube doing all the spiritual shit, dere Derek Huff and Ben Affleck. I was like, Okay, you lost me again. I'm I'm not sure because there's like also these moments where she it looks like she's like on somehow, like ripping the fabric of space time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure, it gives like really big Disney Channel original movie with the with the budget like a high school musical production. Big budget though meets Interstellar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the visual effects are like they don't look cheap at all. They like, they don't look yanky, like it would be one thing. I was like, this looks jank and like them like, there's a lot of money in this. And I think I think Lacey Moseley was she was She was saying something on Twitter about it. How they're like, look, she just went in there and said like all this wild shit and they just bought it in the room like they didn't give a fuck. They're like, yep, we're all in on this. We love it so much, Jlo, we love it. Jennifer Greenlit, how much money do you need? Okay, forty million dollars.
Speaker 3: That's the wife I want to have to. I admire that. Yeah, I have to say, this does seem like some shit that I would do was just zy off the wall. I'm gonna sing and I'm gonna dance and it's gonna be my thing in my life story. I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's totally like That's what throws me off is like there's some really dark visuals along with stuff that is like so pop, like not even like pop music, like popular culture like rom com like Sleepless and Seattle type stuff. But then like you said, we go to Interstellar and I'm like, I whatever, I'm probably watch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is, but I have no idea. I love it.
Speaker 3: I think I think yeah.
Speaker 2: Is the is the problem here that Jennifer Lopez is too talented? Like that opens up so many avenues for what this can be, Like like she can dance and sing and do fashion and do like five genres of movies, So we don't know what this is.
Speaker 3: Sing I don't know if she can't she.
Speaker 1: Does, she does. She definitely can.
Speaker 3: Dance, right, she can dances, she does sing, so you could put a outfit together, but right she.
Speaker 1: Visual artists like that. That's where I'm a little bit like, I'm I don't I did not know. Let's let's see, Like I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I'm just trying to say, oh, I did not know that about you, j Low, that you were a visionary because I just need to be a very talented performer, But I did not know. This is art? Do we think? And Sekoy, I know you recoiled a bit. Is she trying to get in the lane of some of these other artists like Beyonce who are like you thought it was just singing and dancing. I'm on fucking you thought. I'm seeing art in five dimensions. That's why I'm ripping the fabric of space time talking to Neil de Gross.
Speaker 3: Come along for the ride. I don't think she's trying to do that. It get it kind of seems like she's in on the joke, or they're in on the joke. Based on the from the dreams of Jennifer Lopez. That kind of makes me feel like you're in on the joke. There was no joke when it came to Lemonade. We was not giggling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was serious, right right, right, But that's what I'm saying, like, what could you like, do you think this could even have like a bit of like winking at the audience, like I know, this is kind of fun.
Speaker 3: I do you do really? I hope I really do think that.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, what if it is? What if that's like what you think is it?
Speaker 3: If it's executed well enough, I think she could pull it. I think she can pull it off and execute.
Speaker 1: It well enough. Okay, Okay, thank yeah, Well we'll have to have some art critics on to really examine this. Yeah, further because I.
Speaker 3: Love a good musical now singing and dancing and a number I'm in. So I'm already wanting you to win. J Low, please come through for me.
Speaker 1: She's I mean, how old is j Loo? She's again? I think she's like fifty Lopez. Come on, now, what are we talking here? At fifty four? Let him know, Jennifer, let him know.
Speaker 3: Halfway to sixty eating the girls?
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, Jennifer, Man, I'm just talking. Is it the I mean, it's it's genetics and obscene wealth that I think you like in a time machine like that. We're like, I don't know, stress. I mean, I haven't had a driver look me in my eye since nineteen eighty eight. Yep. So from that aspect, I think that was someone was saying that, right, was Jennifer, Like someone was driving Jennifer Lopez around and like they couldn't look her in the eye kind of thing. Like that was for real, Like.
Speaker 3: Why do so many celebrities have the note that people can't look them in the eye?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Are they okay?
Speaker 1: Or is that like an urban legend.
Speaker 3: I've heard the story from about a number of people.
Speaker 1: Now about Jaylor not looking at the eye.
Speaker 3: Know about celebrities don't want to be looked in the eye. I remember when Ellen didn't want to be looked in the eye. Oh yeah, and there's one other one that was notable that was like, don't look at me.
Speaker 1: Right Why, Alex, do you think the looking in the eye could be like our confirmation biased with Trump syphilis? We're like, yeah, I believe that Ellen don't want to look in the eye. You know what I mean? Thinking they're too good for eye contact or is there a real thing to be like? I don't know. They just don't fuck with eye contact from workers.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's an evolution of celeelebrity's simply wearing sunglasses. Now they're like sunglasses are for plebeians. I tell people to not observe that, right, I don't have to wear sunglasses.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to cover them. You're just gonna not right then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm high as fuck.
Speaker 3: Do not look at me right now? I can believe that. Yeah, that's really like I got some stuff going on. Don't look over here.
Speaker 1: I get like, but yeah, but it's such a flex where you're like, I don't need sunglasses. Those motherfuckers just shouldn't look in my direction? How about that just my face?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, because I'm mean, y'all are not.
Speaker 1: All right? Well? Yeah, zang? Let us know what do you think this is going to be a comedy? Do you think? Or not comedy? But do you think it's going to be somewhat tongue in cheek? Is this her pushing her boat out to be just a complete, like you know, visionary and doing a whole new lane. I don't know. Is it a Gucci ad? That's the other part. I know Gucci had to have funded some dimension of this part of camp. I just cannot believe that there's I was hit with so much Gucci iconography and they don't have something to this shit.
Speaker 2: So it would it would be fantastic if this turned out to somehow be like thirty seconds long, even though the trains figure like like that, it's truly just a commercial, that's it.
Speaker 1: Trailer was right?
Speaker 3: Does this come out on April first? What is the when is the date?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Right? And I think it comes out in February? Okay, yeah, yeah, I mean but who knows? Yeah, But she pushes it back, She's like, actually, I have to push the release back to March March thirty second, right, second, are there thirty one days in March? Yeah? That's right. Yeah, yeah, okay, see yeah, I knew that. See that joke landed. All right, let's move on to something a little more confounding, aggravating, but also so predictable. So right now, I feel like a lot of your conservatives, they're loving to do this thing right now is to pretend that America has no history of racism or is currently having a contentious battle with the history of racism of the United States. We have people like Vivic Ramaswami Nikki Hayley going around saying things like America was never racist except a couple of years ago when they were very racist to me as being the only Sikh Indian family in this town in South Carolina. But after that, there has been no racism aside from Chattle slavery and other things like that or manifest destiny, and there was no racism during the trailft Tiers and things like that, and then the genocide of Indigenous people and taking the land, and aside from that, I don't understand why people are bashing our history. Just makes no sense. And then people like Charlie Kirk are trying to take down like the contributions to people like Martin Luther King, just like the latest conservative tactic, which is again to be like racism was never a thing in order to because I think the long game here is, like, from what I'm seeing, is that to attack the Civil Rights Act and then say, if there was no racism to begin with, there was actually no need to have all these weird protections for marginalized people the Civil Rights Act. And I think we need to rethink that because we were never and now look what it's doing. He's just causing all these problems. You see what I'm saying. But Michael Knowles is a contributor over at The Daily Wire and he is mostly known for his violent homophobia. But this week he decided to talk about another thing he knows absolutely nothing about, which is race, and he's saying he can now prove through social science one of the most beloved tropes of racist politicians, which is I don't see race. I just I'm unable to see race at all. The way he gets into the story is because the new coach of the New England Patriots is a black man and he was talking about He's like, I absolutely do see race because it affects people very deeply, So I do. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna sit up here and say I don't see race, like I absolutely do. But for the reasons I'm saying, it's to not discount people's experiences as being on the margins of society or being part of a minority group. So that's sort of his inroad into sort of this next really wild quote you're about to hear from him, where he breaks down. He's like, I just don't understand white like, white people just truly don't see race. I don't think y'all get it. But here he is, in his own words.
Speaker 5: White people are the only people who do not see color. Inasmuch as that phrase means anything at all, I don't see color, don't The only people for whom that is true is white people.
Speaker 2: What the only people for.
Speaker 5: Whom that has been true ever in the whole history of the world is white people. This is very clear from modern social science when you ask people their racial consciousness. When you ask people, hey, is race, is your race somewhat? Were very important to you? Every racial group other than white people is above fifty percent Asians, Hispanics. For black people it's above seventy percent. What's the number for white people? Fifteen? White people have zero racial consciousness fifteen percent. I guess they don't. They really don't see color. Everyone else does and everyone else has for all of history, which is how we've ended up in a situation today where white people are the only group that you can discriminate against by law and according to the more rays of society.
Speaker 1: Woo wooo, Michael Noles Alex, do you have anything to say.
Speaker 2: Like, even even if if any of it was true, it didn't make sense on its own. Thing Like he said, it was zero white people, but also fifteen percent white people at least one or something right, And how would either of those? I I just can't stand it when people invoke a phrase like the whole history of the world and then don't cite anything.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the wild, wild right, because to start he is he's this Pew research study that came out during Black History Month, I think like two years ago, and it was talking about the importance of like racial identity and how how important it is for like, especially black people, black Americans feeling a connection to a larger group, like a larger culture that that is that connection is vis a vis race, and like their the the culture of blackness. And then they then they go down and compare that with like Hispanics with Asians, et cetera. And it was about there again they're feelings of connection to their larger community and consider like he's completely leaving out the part that this is about people that are living in America, okay, because this is a majority white country with many people coming here, whether through coercion, economic or straight up just being like go get your ass over here, get on this boat. Like that's that's that's that's a very specific dimension to sort of look at rather than like being like all these people are like they're they're like their whole thing, like race matters so much to these people, Like they can tell your race. Like that's how he's trying to make it look like and say, like for white people, that's just not a thing, and you're comp what's glowing me.
Speaker 3: Is he's saying race matters. The study was determining if your own race matters to you, not other people's race fucking matters. Make it make sense? What are you talking about? You're not even talking about things. And if this proves nothing, this proves that white people see themselves as raceless, right, not that they don't see other people's race. And the reason that they see themselves as racist because they are the dominant race, so they don't have to be othered. They are not othered.
Speaker 7: And never mind, that's it, that's that's not well no, but truly to your point, Michael, it's called hegemony. Okay, people's whiteness typically is not has not mattered because it isn't an obstacle for them to live happy.
Speaker 1: That's the fuck why. It's not because white people are like the people that respond to in this survey were like, I don't see race. It's just a different a completely different experience. And like when you completely leave out the part of like what the experience is for people who are not white cis head Christian people in this country, A lot of these other things matter a lot because they've typically been presented to you as a reason for you to not get a raise, or to not get an opportunity, or the reason why people don't want to sit with you or be friends with you and shit like that. So it's a very very like wild to just like look at that and just in such bad faith, Like you see what I'm talking about. Fifteen percent don't even see race.
Speaker 3: It's like he's illiterate, Like words don't mean things to him, Like he read those words and decided that they didn't mean what the word means, right, they mean something else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like you know again, this is like why this like information landscape is so bad right now, is that you have people, because there are people there are going to be white people who listen to this who are like probably beginning to have some kind of feeling of like interrogating or inspecting or having some introspection about like race, and it's like has like it doesn't matter, like does it is it bad that I'm white? Am I bad for being white?
Speaker 3: Or something?
Speaker 1: And you have people who just want to like dead any kind of real thought there and just be like no, no, no, stop stop stop stop stop. They're trying to make you feel bad because you're white and the DEI stuff that's gonna make planes crash. Just please stop thinking it's a thing to consider. These people are just haters, right, and you just need to get past that because guess what we don't see we're actually like, here's a study to help you stay in your place of no growth. Is we're actually like one of the like the only people on earth were it doesn't matter. And I think, and that's what bothers people is that we honestly we're just not even capable of having race matter. And that's what Yeah, slippery slop, slippery slope. Yeah, I am. I'm so curious.
Speaker 2: About this guy's like coworkers as his right wing billionaire funded content.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Do they think he's just doing kind of what the rest of them do for work or is he really going even beyond what they say when they when they log into the office.
Speaker 1: I mean, this feels this feels like part and parcel of what you hear in conservative media in general, which is to always dismiss the idea of racism because if racism doesn't exist, then we never have to take people seriously when they say racism is an issue sol because if you begin to entertain someone's criticism or someone's observation analysis about a society, then you would have to begin to engage with that. But they don't even want to begin to engage with that because they saw what happened in twenty twenty. Some people are like, oh, man, like should I read a book or something. They're like, I don't read far in the book. They're fucking tripping. Okay, they're tripping. That's it. And it sounds like the kind of shit that like people when they have like bad friends who like, you know, for example, like if you drinking or doing a lot of drugs and you're like, yo, I'm actually thinking about like doing lesson Like oh really, oh so you better than us? No, I'll do that, bro. The people that are telling you you got a problem, they're haters, bro. They're haters, and they want to keep you at the same level. They don't want people going whatever outside of that way of thinking. So it's always good for them to just be like neutralize any kind of critical thought with this thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, thoughtt.
Speaker 1: Killer, here's a thought killer. We're incapable of it, and racism doesn't exist. I don't know why people keep saying this, y'all.
Speaker 3: This is so wild to me that don't you know, social science disproves that, don't you know social science?
Speaker 1: Right? And then they can go and say that at you know, the next like local gathering of people, and they'd be like, well, I believe that's actually we're incapable, and someone's gonna people are gonna be parroting this shit straight back to someone who's trying to actually make a point.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and then I'll make it to the R and C stage, and then it'll become more mainstream and then yeah, well fucked.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, which is wild because with Nikki Haley being like, oh, you know, like racism doesn't exist or whatever, I guess Donald Trump has started calling her by her given name, Nimroda, to begin to turn up the heat on her, to be like, just so you'll know she's not white, she is she is Indian. Yeah, you're like people, it's.
Speaker 3: Just see nicky, watch your motherfucking mouth, watch your mouth look at.
Speaker 1: Don't don't get cozy with them, don't be Yeah, because I understand the feeling that to be in the N group might feel like it's safe. But the second you are a fucking obstacle or they just need you're too much for them, They're gonna fucking throw your ass out. Just like I was talking about Vivid Ramaswami on the Babylon B which is like the conservative, shitty version of the onion. They're already making jokes that they're like, oh, he's gonna be working the the White House seven to eleven. That's gonna be his job in the administration. And you're like, look at how they they're already doing your bro like they.
Speaker 8: Don't see race though, what is that based on? It's based on the Simpsons, That's what I thought. Yeah, this is I have a Simpsons I have a Simpsons based actually philosophy.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, a.
Speaker 2: Joke is good if the Simpsons did it and was not even the first to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, truly. Yeah, so Michael Knowles, you're trying it. But again, I think this is important to see, like this is this is the kind of mental conditioning inoculation that they're doing on the conservative side, because again, I'm honestly, there's so much talk about being like the Civil Rights Act. Man, if we can just get that out of the way, and you're like, holy shit, like don't yet, You're scaring me.
Speaker 3: I literally did not know that this is going on.
Speaker 1: I'm terrified people are. I hear this more and more and more, like when I'm reading conservative shit or like looking at their little fucking video podcast and ship. There's like this real like that's why Charlie Kirk spent so much time with the help of this black man to be like, here, black man, can you tell everybody why MLK was actually bad? And like just you know, drag his name through the dirt and you know, that way we can just prove this point that everything that he was trying to do was actually bad. Therefore the civil rights struggle was just for not like it was just all a waste of time.
Speaker 3: It's dangerous dangers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I give that two yikes. All right, let's take another break and we'll come back to talk about Blue Monday. And I wish we were talking about the New Order song, but we're not. But we'll be back after this. And we're back. And after I made that New Order joke by about Blue Monday, I was like, what was that band like in the late nineties or odds that covered it and kind of brought this song back. And my younger esteemed guests were like, a, sir, are you talking about de banking? What's on your hands? And I'm like, no, it was this band. They brought the whole wave back. It was Orgy and shout out to my geriatric millennials and older who remember when Orgy brought the Blue Monday song or blue New Damn New Order song Blue Monday back. All that to say, we need to talk about blue Monday, the capitalist hoax that continues to persist. I wasn't fully aware of this as a concept. Did you guys know about blue Monday at all? Alex? What about you?
Speaker 2: I've heard that phrase, but I think it's mostly because of Kurt Vonnegut's writing. He's referencing like an advertising concept for washing machines.
Speaker 1: Right, you can beat.
Speaker 2: Blue Monday by having easier laundry to do in like the nineteen fifties.
Speaker 1: Ah well, again along that similar vein. Apparently, like this is something that's really big in like Europe, mostly the UK, and in Canada as well. They've heard tell of blue Monday. But apparently it is the third Monday in January and it is known as quote the most depressing day of the year. And I'm like, what what does that exactly mean? Like, here's headlines from the Standard in the UK Blue Monday twenty twenty four. When is blue Monday and how to beat it? Another headline, it's officially the most depressing day of the year. An expert offers some tips to lift the gloom on Blue Monday. Blue Monday is coming up. Are you prepared for the most depressing day of the year. So we had it. I didn't realize it was the most I guess that MLKA day for us was Blue Monday. Yes, to get him out here, I know, because I'm surprised there wasn't, like, oh coincidence much that Blue Monday is also Martin Luther King Day, the most depressing day for white people. Right, So they're saying, are you prepared? I'm like, okay, So what is going on now? Some of these outlets do admit that there is no actual scientific evidence to back up this premise, this concept of blue Monday, but also not all of them call out the fact that Blue Monday is just a straight up scale. You're getting bamboozled. The culprit, perhaps is late stage capitalism. This pseudo scientific reasoning why behind why quote blue Monday is so depressing involves like this actual I mean actual. I only say that because there are like equations like it looks like a math equation, a legit looking mathematical equation which equates things like debt motivation, weather, and the time that's elapsed since Christmas as a way to determine that, like to quantify that this is the most depressing day. But even anyone anyone who like looks at this for like one moment, you'll realize, like, how the fuck can you even compute this? Because there aren't even like shared units of measurement, Like how do you compare? It's like saying, Okay, a large pizza times a GDP of Brazil equals that Mickey Rooney is actually Billie Eilish's grandfather. Yeah, and you're like asymmetric sads or imperial sads. I can't figure right, right, how do we measure the depress and whose unit are we using? And I guess the inventor of this equation was a guy named doctor Cliff Arnall who was hired by a fucking travel company, sky Travel they're defunct now, back in two thousand and five to basically just contribute to a press release, and they wanted to sell people on the idea that there is a most depressing day of the year, which would then inspire the consumer to consume and to book a vacation. Thanks to sky Travel, bringing this all to light and he kind of has like some credibility to back up these claims. He's like, yeah, well, you know, I was a Cardiff University psychologist. But then pretty quickly the Cardiff University was like, no, this dude was a quote former part time tutor. Like let's not get this like fucked up. Like he was not, that's not what he was doing. And he later tried to walk back this great cultural myth that he created by saying it was never his quote intention to make January even worse for people, and and he even admitted the idea of blue Monday was not particularly helpful. But guess what that fucking apology was part of another commercial campaign for a travel company, Virgin Atlantic. Please keep fucking with this guy. They said the campaign will encourage the nation to dispel their Blue Monday beliefs and instead embrace the new possibilities. Then another year can hold possibilities like traveling to Thailand or Vietnam or South America. It's just like one of those. Really, it's just super cynical when you're just like kind of like using this idea that, yeah, winter's hard for people coming out of the holidays, it's hard for people having resolutions and like trying to stick to those can lead to people being demotivated. But then to be like, damn, book your package holiday with us. Why check out mark Bella Spain. It's absolutely popping. And the time he also he supposedly cracked the formula for the happiest day of the year. He said, oh yeah, I'm doing that now, because he pivoted to saying he was a freelance happiness guru, which sounds like me when I was just like dating a bunch of people and smoking weeds and I'm like, yeah, like a whoa, what do I do? I'm like a freelance happiness It's.
Speaker 3: Like a vibees curator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly exactly. But and for some reason I kind of respect a ViBe's curator more than a freelance. I think it's just the wording. Is this mora with our times? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Guru's bad? Guru?
Speaker 1: Yeah bad? Overall, we have too many gus, especially on social media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, vibes curator, you can say you're a VC. That's kind of nice.
Speaker 3: Wow, Yeah, yeah we should be see are.
Speaker 1: You are you a vibe curator? Do you do you?
Speaker 3: I like to think so absolutely. I definitely do curate vibes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I think the same way if I'm having you know, like a like a gathering, or somebody's like being like, oh, like I want to have like a dinner, I'm like, okay, what do you like? What are you thinking? Like you don't have a spread? Is it gonna be like a spread? You want to bounty for people? Do people bring in their own thing? Do you want to just have it so your guests are like blown away by hospitality? Is it a group effort? I feel it could be me overthinking. Maybe that's a ViBe's curator.
Speaker 3: A little bit, you know, a little type a, a little overthinking. But nobody I like that though. I also like the host like that, so I feel it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I love can I For the record, I love a spread same when people put it spread out. There is nothing that blows me more away than somebody who's like you thought of all these other things just to put out here for this little gathering. Like these are fine meats, maybe not cheeses, No cheeses for me, but yogurt flavored ice creams and popcorn? What's your spraceges to me? Frozen yogurt and popcorn es fro yo right there.
Speaker 3: Popcorn you some cheese it some gold thing?
Speaker 1: Oh oh you cheese it?
Speaker 3: So oh yeah, I like a cheeseseing okay, yes, but not cheese flavor blast. Yeah, I like the flavor blasts.
Speaker 1: Okay, Goldfish flavor blast are the great. Yeah yeah, the more the better. Okay, all right, I'm just making sure, just making sure. Are you a vibe curator? Would you do you see yourself as a vibe curator? Alex?
Speaker 2: I think maybe, I don't know if I aspired to it. I think I try to participate, you know, but I'm not a big spread builder. I'm more of a spread supporter or like, oh good job, keep it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that. That's also but that is good. You are contributing to the vibes in a positive way. Vibe Yeah, yeah, yeah, vibes contributor. These are all contribute, consume or be a connoisseur or a curator. Either way, you do, you do what you gotta do. But yeah, the reason why, like blue Monday, it just like sticks around like apparently all like in so much marketing people are still using it as like a fucking being Like hey, man, like you want to buy fucking Big Mac, but I get the fucking Vibe meal and ship or I think a Burger king that a Vibe meal anyway, But it seems like the calm might be working because last year in the United Kingdom, online sales are probably reportedly shot up by eighteen percent on Blue Monday because of all this shit like oh yeah, like like it's wild how you can get in people's minds, right, like in America Black Friday, Cyber Monday, it's like, yeah, you better buy some shit. Don't be fucking stupid fucking around Black Friday, you fucking dumb man, Go fucking buy something you don't fucking need because that weird mobile phone charger, uh costs like half off now, like I don't and look at me. I bought one, but I use it sparingly, sparingly, but like I try to, I try to. And then like so it's wild that like they're using this thing of like weaponizing people's own like mental health or like seasonal affected disorder or whatever, like just to be like, oh yeah, it's gloomy to be like you know what will fucking help you to buy some shit?
Speaker 3: Man? That is so ugly? Yeah, I don't appreciate being manipulated like that. This is so ugly.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, what are they gonna do, like deal with root causes of people's feelings of loneliness, So support the pharmaceutical industry if we have to do. Yeah, exactly, Oh what I'm gonna do? Pay real wages? No, no, it's blue Monday. Okay, did you did you? Did you buy that? Whatever?
Speaker 3: The fuck?
Speaker 1: Did you buy that? Stanley Monk? Okay, right, yeah, did you guys are Stanley oh Man? Yeah.
Speaker 2: It also just feels fake that it would be a Monday specifically is the saddest day, Like what, I don't know. Tuesdays can be harder, and it just I don't know. I don't think.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of with you. I think Tuesday's Monday's, like I get it, like just because it's the first day back. But Tuesdays you're like, fuck, bro, it's only like you do this. You're like, it's only fucking Tuesday. The other part Monday, you know, You're like, it's fucking Monday. But Tuesday you're like, fuck no, there's Wednesday, Thursday.
Speaker 3: You're so far from a weekend on You're like, no.
Speaker 1: Never mind, let me just put it out of my head. Right now.
Speaker 3: We're at Friday today, so we're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, and happy to you and thank you so much to our guests. Our guest Sekoya B. Holmes, thank you so much for joining us. It's always a pleasure having you. Where do the people find you? Follow you, listen to you, and all that very important stuff.
Speaker 3: You can listen to my podcast anywhere you listen to podcasts, including YouTube. You can find me on social media at BPLP pod and listen to Black People up Here more. It's it's a fun time. Go see what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are some upcoming episodes you guys are talking about today?
Speaker 3: I'm talking about Chetah Girls. Oh my god, I'm so excited. I love the Cheata Girls so bad. I recently talked about thirteen, which was a very dark teen movie that came out in two thousand and three. I don't know if you'll have seen it.
Speaker 1: It's wild.
Speaker 3: If you have not, please go check it out.
Speaker 1: I just remember hearing about it and be like.
Speaker 3: I don't know about Yeah, it was what adult eyes and our remember being when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's a Raven's episode because I haven't seen it. Yeah, I was like, oh, that was all that was in it?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, who's in that in thirteen?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: Evan rachel Wood.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. That was the thing that kind of put her on uh huh yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And also the one that played the lady that played one of the vampires in Twilight. I can't remember her name right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nicky read, Nicky read, it is from your show. Sorry, yeah, Nicky Red.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nicky Reid wrote it as a She co wrote it as a twelve year old or thirteen year old.
Speaker 1: So you know, interesting story. I used to get fucking high as hell with one of the Cheetah girls. Whoa, what what what? What? Wow?
Speaker 3: Tell me after you got to tell me out?
Speaker 1: No, it was Kee, not you telling us now whatever?
Speaker 3: You know what that tracks?
Speaker 1: That track is really right. We were eighteen, you know what I mean. She had like her fucking whole I remember she was. She had her little checks and things, and she was be like, yah, by a fucking ounce of show. She kids, I mean.
Speaker 3: You buy by the pound?
Speaker 1: She said, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I was not playing. Did not came to play anyway, keey I hope I hope you remember me as Miles just to hang out with Mike and them come to this spot all the time. Yeah yeah, yeah, Shilah buff that was a way. That was just a whole other era though. Anyway, Uh, what is a tweet or other work of social media that you're enjoying?
Speaker 3: Oh? I forgot about this it I think it's. I owe Adebourie and Quina Brunson on the red carpet singing the Cheetah Girls L O M together and then they put the little fight fake microphone next to Yami Rammy yusef.
Speaker 1: Oh got it, gotta go, and he finishes the lyrics for.
Speaker 3: The Cheetah Girls, and I'm like, gang, And that's how influential it is.
Speaker 1: Thank you man, because like, what was the other was it Adrian Bilon too?
Speaker 3: Adrian Bilon? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah? What was the group that the three L dub right three L W y oh yeah, because that was the group Keeley and them. Wasn't Adrian came from? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah. See this's oh shit, this is all because I'm telling you all the little Child actors and ship they all lived in the Oakwood apartments over there off Barham in LA and like that is sort of like the NEXTUS point for Like, I grew up in the valley, so I would always meet these kids. So I have a lot the intersection with the open departments I have. I have so many stories, man, that should be its own podcast. Anyway, Thank you again, Sequoia Alex. Always a pleasure having you. You're always so fun. Just a gentleman and a scholar and a vibe contributor and consumer. I always appreciate that. Where do the people find you? Follow you? And what's the work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Thank you for the spread. It's great, Uh media I've been enjoying. I gotta find a link for you guys. There's TikTok I saw and I believe it's in Italy, but they titled it Boro Cat because when people like say hello to this cat at mioo's back three little mios that sounds like mimir like it's borno. But it's very exciting. Yeah, so I got to look that up. Oh ship, here it is.
Speaker 3: It's so cute.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Italy is such a wonderful place. What a match place you can find me? Okay, well, first let me tell you a tweet that I like this one is from Chase Mitchell at Chase mitt tweeted that photo of Donald Trump with his hands all blistered and stuff and just just put a tweet quote on it said, many people said the fajita played was two hot folks, but I picked it up very easily. Some would say too easily.
Speaker 3: That's good Donald Trump pressure that I love that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no no oh. And you can find me at Miles of Gray on Twitter and Instagram. You can find Jack and I on our basketball podcast Miles and Jack Got Matt Boostie's That's an NBA podcast, and also find me on my ninety fiance podcast for twenty Da Yancey with Sofia Alexandra, and also you can follow us at daily Zeit Guys on Twitter, at the Daily zeit Guys on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website dealese guys dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes. But nuts, thank you so much, alex I Sue, that was just the Allue. You just took it and you put it down, so yeah, be sure to follow us there where you can find things like the song that We're gonna write out on today. A song we're gonna write out on today is by the artist Labla LaRue comes from West London. In it, you know, described it as a funkadelic britpop and this track is called Magpie. I feel like I've heard this song super sped up on TikTok because when I fst started hearing, I'm like, wait, I know the vibe of this song, but I think it's one of those tracks that gets like either like played at three x speed or played at like zero point one five speed, which is why I feel like, well, all there's what the kids are doing on TikTok now, So anyway, check this one out. It's really dope. I really love her sound and the production is really cool and you know, just kind of give you some upbeatness as you head into your week. An. The Daily Zeitgeist is a production ByHeart Radio. So for more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or just wherever you get your favorite shows for free. UH that is gonna do it it for us. This week, We've got the Weekly Zeitgeist that will just give you all the best bits from this week. Uh, and then we will be back Monday to tell you what happened, what trended over the weekend, and we'll just get right back into it with y'all. I hope you guys take care. We'll see that bye.