Speaker 1: The Apple Watch Series ten is here. It has the biggest display ever. It's also the thinnest Apple Watch ever, making it even more comfortable on your wrist whether you're running, swimming, or sleeping. And it's the fastest charging Apple Watch, getting you eight hours of charge in just fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: The Apple Watch Series ten.
Speaker 1: Available for the first time in the glossy jet black aluminum compared to previous generations. iPhone Tennis are later required. Charge time and actual results will vary.
Speaker 3: This episode is brought to you by All State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking All State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Very terms apply. All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 4: Welcome in episode seventy seven, What's Right with the podcast and YouTube show and if you're watching on YouTube for the very first time ever we are doing this live. So we are doing this live from Trintage, which is my wife's boutique, and Harlem. If you're new to the show. We do these shows Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, and we are going to attempt, if the technical side will allow us to do these live moving forward as often as possible, so hopefully we can make that eleven am on Monday's part of your routine, assuming that's where the time will stay. As it happens, today is my birthday. I only say that because I assume Demonsay and others are going to do some wacky birthday hijinks later in the show.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: Actually, I'm not a big birthday guy. I mentioned that though, however, because I assume we're going to start with the Chiefs here shortly and what a wonderful birthday present that was. But before we do that, we do what we always do to start the show, discuss what we're not discussing. What did not make the show today is the Phoenix Suns losing it to the Adelaide thirty six ers, which is an Australian team. If I'm not mistaken, JJ Watt plays playing days after a heart issue. The only thing I know about APHIB, which is what he talked about, is Phil Helme youth talks all the time about going into APHIB and him not being able to play in poker tournaments because of it. JJ Watt played in a tackle football game. I'd love to take a shot at Phil Helmeth about that, but he still has fifty thousand of my dollars. And DK Metcalf, well, did you see the DK Metcalf story, demontey, Yeah, caught it off.
Speaker 2: He use the restaurant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the old Paul Pierce option, the old I don't want to poop my pants, so put me in a movable device because I can't get to the bathroom. The DK Metcalf Actually, you know, he had some fun with it. Good for him. And by the way, shout out to the Seahawks for being a frisky two and two yeah and scoring forty eight points. All right, that's what we're not discussing now. I know what we're starting with, Go demonse. What are we discussing today? The Chiefs went up big on the Bucks very early at game.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they did. The Bucks obviously still have a lot of work to do. But it's a long season. So I guess now you're gonna pretend like last week didn't happen to the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: No, last week did happen. I don't think this week happened if last week didn't happen. Okay, so this week. Last week, the Chiefs offensive line was a disaster and the special teams were a joke. This week, they start the game off by forcing a fumble on special teams, and the offensive line pushed the Bucks around. The best run defense in football the last couple of years. The Chiefs ran for damn near two hundred yards. Every one of their running backs was getting good carries, and I really like the Checko kid, the seventh round pick, by the way, that's the other pot about this game. Sky Moore was the rookie wide receiver slash punt returner who really got the Colts game going off on the wrong foot. They left him in their punt return and he got the most snapped at wide receiver that he's gotten all year. He got a couple catches. They're gonna have to get him more involved in the offense. A bunch of rookies making noise for the Chiefs. George Carlaftis on the D line did a good job. Speaking of D line, Jack Barrett, who I like, talked a little bit of trash before this game, saying, ah looks like the same offensive line to me, who's ass we kicked in the Super Bowl? Mahomes because he hears everything. Of course, was aware of that, referenced it after the game because that Bucks defensive front and that Bucks defense as a whole, got embarrassed in a way we have not seen the Bucks embarrass since Brady was there. This is the most points they've allowed in any game since Brady's been there. And the Chiefs did everything they wanted on offense until the very end of the game when Mahomes threw the pick up seventeen in Tampa. And by the way, I don't think Dampa should feel terribly about this game, because you know, the defense is good. They didn't play well against this Chiefs offense, but the defensive allowed twenty seven points total. Going into this football game. The offense was the question mark, and the offense played pretty damn well all things can, I mean, scored thirty one points. Brady played well. So if I'm a Bucks fan, I actually feel I don't want to say I feel better than I did a week ago. But if you believe the defense, this was an aberration playing the best offense in football. More on that in the moment. And you saw the offense now that Brady has weapons back, started to actually do some things. You can start to say, okay, in this down NFC where the Packers just escaped with a win. More on them later. We'll see the Rams tonight. You might say, hold on a second. I was not high on the Bucks going into the year. If you remember, I said they're guaranteed two and two or worse through four weeks, and I thought they could be one and three. Two and two is what they got. That division is so awful, even worse than we expected. The Saints or MSS. The Panthers are a total disaster. We'll see the Falcons might be a little frisky, We'll see the Bucks should be able to get healthy and get right and not to pull a romo. But I would not be shocked if we see this in the super Bowl, if we see this game again. That alarm you're hearing is not a response to my hot take. That's like I said, we're doing the ship life from Harlem. I think that's an ambulance, by the way, James Palmer James Barmber, the NFL Network reporter, that I told you I sat on that big Houston sign on the side of the highway and drank a beer with and you didn't believe me. James Balmer tweeted this, this seems interesting. Patrick Mahomes in his career against the number one scoring defense. He has played seven games in his career, including the playoffs, against the number one defensive football. His record in those seven games six and one, the Chiefs averaging thirty one points per game, his pass yards three hundred and twenty two yards per game, touchdown interception ratio fifteen to seven. It's a little more picks than you would like to put to number one defense and a passer rating of ninety four. So, in other words, put Patrick Mahomes on the field against the number one scoring defense in football. Put Patrick Mahomes on the field against the best defense in the league. You know what, he turns into a slightly better version of Joe Montana. Pretty bleeping good. And that before we move on to Monsay, is the last point I want to make. I'm done engaging in who the best quarterback in the league debates are I'm done with it. It is talking about who the best basketball player in the league was in the mid twenty tens. It's talking about who the best basketball player in the league was in the mid nineties. It's not a debate about who the best is. It is a debate about who the second best is. Because I've been I had to listen to watch the NFL network. But Brady and Rogers ahead of Mahomes. They look better than Mahomes this year. Not to me. Oh, Brady is not very low. He didn't have Mike Evans for the Bucks game. But Tyreek Hill's gone. Oh, Aaron Rodgers, no, DeVante Adams, Tyreek Hill's gone. He's throwing passes to backup tight ends to running backs. It doesn't matter. Yeah, and I don't want to hear the weakness though. What's the weakness his goal line situations? Okay, so I tweeted about this, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you tweeted during the Chiefs game that they should sign Cam Newton for like short yardage and goal lines. Yeah, you don't like Mahomes in those areas well.
Speaker 4: They don't let him run quarterback sneaks. So the most efficient play in fourth and very short or third and very short, the most unguardable plays a quarterback sneak. But Mahomes four years ago ran one and got his knee caps located right. And then in the playoff game a few years ago ran a little quarterback option and got choked out on the field. They thought he had a concussion. He had to miss the rest the game. So they did run an option play with him near the goal line yesterday, which was odd. But they don't let him run quarterback sneaks, which is why they did that foolishness sneak to the backup tight end. Yeah, just sign Cam. I understand it's a roster spot and you're going to have to move on from somebody. But right now, you right now, you're carrying two kickers.
Speaker 2: What do you think you can get Cam Newton for?
Speaker 4: What do you mean how much money?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What do you think you can get Cam Newton for? Like?
Speaker 4: I mean two million dollars? I mean right now he's making zero million dollars. And what's the one thing Cam's missing?
Speaker 2: A ring?
Speaker 4: Is anyone gonna make Cam a starter?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Does Cam want to be a backup. Probably not. However, if you sign him and say, hey, you're not the backup quarterback, you have a package of plays specific to you goal line, in short yardage, you will be used and there is no shame in backing up Patrick Mahomes. But the point I'm on the roster spot is right now, they're carrying two kickers because they didn't put Butcker on ir So once Bucker gets healthy, they will then cut this Matthew Wright guy. My cousin shout out to him. Not actually, my cousin, you have an open roster spot. I'm just sick of the Chiefs having to do all this fanciness on inches plays. Even though the one time early in the game when they got stopped right for the Brady fumble to throw to Edwards Laira on fourth down that he dropped. Why did that happen? Because on second and one they got stuffed. On third and one they got stuffed. Get Cam, who's the best short yardage guy, one of them in league history. So I yeah, I'm a big believer in that wouldn't be a quarterback controversy.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: Here, all right, what's next?
Speaker 2: All right? So we got the Bills they beat the Ravens and finally won their first four score, one score game, yes, in two years. Yep. It was the biggest comeback of Josh Allen's career. And the Ravens went for a fourth and goal and they when they could have kicked the easy field goal that would have put him in Yep. They also could have let Buffalo score, but they didn't do that.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: Are the Ravens their own worst enemy? And does Josh Allen getting back in the swinging things scare you?
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about the Bills first and Josh Allen first. Let me you mentioned their first one score victory in two years. That was something I was talking quite a bit about because I thought it was noteworthy. And then my buddy, a guy I like a lot, even though he makes way too much money to not be able to afford T shirts to fit him. Kyle Brandt tweeted rip to the stupid ass Buffalo Bills can't win a close game topic. I you know what's really frustrating to me when people decide that a obvious, clear, totally legitimate topic is dumb because it goes against their priors, because it goes against what they believe to be true. You believed going into the year the Bills were this unstoppable Josh or not. You believed going into the year that Josh Allen is the best quarterback in you know, modern NFL history, And so the fact that they gag away a Dolphins game, it's like, oh, that's interesting. They have won a close game in two years. You're like, oh, those topics are dumb. They're not dumb. And I don't know about you, guys. I thought yesterday showed why the Bills are a very good team, but it also showed why this idea that they're the juggernaut once again? Where's the evidence? The second half against the Rams and the Titans game great, I'm happy for you, and people like, oh, they're so banged up. They're banged up on defense. Why is the offense that Ravens team? Mac Jones was more well, I mean he threw a bunch of picks. It wasn't more effective, but he moved the ball in the Ravens more than Josh Allen did. Now, the weather was terrible. I give him credit for that, but at some point, there's a few ways to be considered the best quarterback in football. Typically it goes like this, win a league MVP and or win a Super Bowl. As the guy Josh Allen has never come within spitting distance of either one. And okay, well, if that's the case you're projecting it, then have a dominant kick ass start to finish season. We'll see. That was a great comeback, though, and they didn't win a close game, and I give him credit for it. Now on the raven side of things, we gotta be fair here. Everyone called Lamar Jackson the league MVP through three weeks. Lamar was not good yesterday and Lamar was a huge reason they lost that game. And Hardball not kicking the field goal is the obvious right decision, because the idea is we kick a field goal we're up three, and Harball said as much afterwards. The Bills. Then the Bills are hard enough to get off the field in three downs. If they're trailing with three minutes left, now they're a four down team, almost impossible to get them off the field. They have a good field goal kicker, they're gonna end up getting in field goal range, and you're going to overtime. If you go for the touchdown and get it, you're up seven. But where Lamar really screwed up was one of the other reasons you go for it is if you don't get it, they are backed up against their own two yard line and they have to be super conservative and they're probably gonna end up punting it away.
Speaker 2: To you.
Speaker 4: Lamar did the one thing you can't do in that spot, throw a pick in the end zone. Throwing a pick even isn't so devastating if somehow you throw a pick short of the end zone. But throwing a pick in the end zone, now it's the worst of all worlds. They get the on the twenty and you have no points. So listen, Lamar has been exceptional. That team's really banged up. I'm not gonna kill Lamar, but that was a That was a bad job by the Ravens. You're up twenty to three and you don't score again. Yeah, it's a I mean, that's a bad one. And now the Ravens are two and two and in their two losses they have been up seventeen and twenty one. Right, that's a problem for them, and it's when the Bengals are starting to get right. The Browns have been even though they I told you, guys, stay away from that Browns bet. Oh that was one of the most popular bets in the world. By the way, at some point we're gonna have to talk about Demanse lasting precisely five days on the I'm not betting football wagon and then betting, signing up for a new site, using free money to do it, and then thinking, well, you had to deposit money to get the free money. You had to deposit money to get the free money, and here's guessing that money you deposited is getting gambled. But set that aside.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: The best part was the whole today thought he had Jacksonville plus six and a half, was so mad at them for blowing it, and then in the evening realizing he bet the Jags on the money way tragic. I mean, had Beth Orer, do you know how madd he would have been if they would have somehow covered livid. You wouldn't have been able.
Speaker 2: You would have been looked at it.
Speaker 4: What they screwed me? Look at this, Look they're not paying they said, I lost? All right?
Speaker 2: What's next?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: The Packers were the biggest favorite in the league this week. Mac Jones was hurt then back of Brian hurt. Hoyer got hurt early two. Rookie Bailey Zappi came in to relieve. But this game went to overtime. The Packers won and Rogers did lead a game winning drive. Are the Packers on the right track or is this a big red flag? All right?
Speaker 4: I actually want to talk about both teams in this. It's not a They're not on the right track for the Packers. Now, let me give Rogers credit in this regard what I say last week that things can be going great for him, then if one thing goes awry, he turns into a different guy. The actually the opposite happened in this game. He had the worst first half of football of his career. He was four to eleven with a pick six at the end of the half, and the pick six at the end of the half was unfathomably bad for a team that was on a third string quarterback, and you knew the only thing you couldn't do was give him life with that type of play. After that, he played pretty exceptional football. He threw a couple touchdowns, he was super efficient, and he had another touchdown that could have been to win the game and the guy dropped it in the end zone. Lafleor with a bad challenge there almost cost him, So I give Rogers credit for that. But it's now been a month into the season and the Packers are yet to, in my opinion, look impressive one time. So Week one they get absolutely dominated by Minnesota twenty four to seven. Rogers looks terrible. Week two, they beat Chicago and they're in control of that game, but Chicago's awful and that was not really a resounding Rogers performance. Week three, they beat Tampa fourteen to twelve. Right, and Week four they survive against third string quarterback in New England. Now they've they've got the Giants this week in London. In London, America, be careful there. Yeah, everyone's gonna want to like gis what do you think the line is? Keep in mind there's no home field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like, I think it's like eight and a half or seven?
Speaker 4: Oh oh you saw yeah, seven and a half. Yeah. Now I want to see if Rogers can do what Mahomes is proving he can do. It doesn't matter who my receivers are, because I am here, we will have one of the three best offenses in football. That's what Mahomes is proving unequivocally Rogers. I want to see it. The Packers are very fortunate to be three and one right now. Yes, they escaped against Tampa and that's our clock. But on Mondays, I told our producers they're so worried about getting us live on YouTube and graphics and this and that. I told them a blocks on Mondays, just call it twenty minutes, so I don't look like Nathaniel Hackett with the clock management. By the way, top of the B block, I'm gonna shout out something super sharp the Broncos did in regards to clock management. Super sharp. Now to the Patriots, Okay, Patriot fans. I listened to Bill Simmons this morning. He's like, we're one and three, but I think Belichick loves this team, and wild is talking about moral victories and listen, I get it. The fact that they were that close. If Mason Grossby misses that field goal, it's a tie game. They were that close is a testament to the coaching, the defense, the running game. I will give them credit. The fact that Bailey's Appy, however, went ten for fifteen, one touchdown ninety nine yards with a passer rating of in the low one hundred twenty seven proves my point to a t about why you never should have believed in Mac Jones as a star. Here's why.
Speaker 2: Who got hurt?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that's not why follow me along this? So Mac Jones numbers last year pretty decent, completed a high percent of his passes, didn't throw picks, was efficient with the ball. And the point I was making all year was with a rookie quarterback, if you were going to be super conservative, give him first read throws. If he has any type of history from college how to run an offense, he's going to be able to look serviceable. The question is does he have other levels to get to? And Patriots fans will like, oh, Nick, it's ridiculous for you to like Trevor Lawrence Moore, Mac Jones. Trevor was so bad. We'll talk about Trevor in that disaster of a game later in the show. Trevor was so bad. Look at Max numbers. My point was I know Mac was fine as a rookie. Will he ever get better? Or was that like plug and play? This is what you can do now? We got the Zapman Zapham Bailey Zappy from Westernan Ducky or wherever he's from, come in and look just like Mac Jones. Now, does that mean Bailey's Appy's start too, or does that mean that if it's this plug and play, first read simplified stuff, you can be passable, which, by the way, is a credit to Patriots coaching staff. Some teams can't even make their quarterbacks passable. But it would have been better for what you believe in Mac Jones if Zapi would have come in there and looked like, oh my god, I can't do it. He said, this guy was third string quarterback eight days ago, comes in and looks doesn't look good, but looks fine all right.
Speaker 2: Last on Thursday versus the Bengals, Tua took his second hart shot in four days and was hospitalized.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was brutal.
Speaker 2: Lots of people think Tua shouldn't even play this week. The independent neurologists who cleared to it a return has been fired Yeah by the NFLPA, and even Chris Collinsworth was calling out the league last night. Yep. Was this the sign of a systematic problem with does too have really bad luck? All right?
Speaker 4: Both so the listen. I talked a lot about it on TV on Friday. I think there's a lot of Monday morning quarterback and going on with Tua's initial injury, not Thursday night, but Sunday night. And I don't really follow the logic some people are making. If some people are acting like what happened Sunday led to what happened Thursday. Now, a lot of people were saying he never should have been on the field Thursday. Maybe, but all those people have Twitter accounts and TV shows and radio shows, and I didn't hear them Thursday morning saying if to a place today, it's outrageous.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I also said, and I was called naive and an idiot for this. That what my gut feeling on whether or not too out of concussion in that Bills game, to me, is almost irrelevant to the fact Tua swears up and down it was a back injury, his coach swears up and down it was a back injury, and this independent neurologist who's now been fired said he showed no signs of a brain injury, even if my gut tells me, boy, that looked like a concussion. People who have never been shown to have be liars, and in fact, when it comes to Tua the utmost of integrity. Mike McDaniel has a pretty spotless record on that as well. I think it's pretty crummy. We're just like, Nope, you're lying. How do I know? My gut tells me. And I was a little bothered by the entire media just being like, Nope, they're total abject liars. Now, if we're saying the NFL needs to err on the side of caution, so be it. And I'm gonna listen. I'm gonna say something I guess a little unpopular here, but it's what I believe everyone, every single person right now, as Levotard talks about the captain easy stance is the easiest stance to take is the moment a player shows any sign of the head injury, he's out for that game. And that's what everyone is calling for. I'm gonna be very interested to see how those same people react when someone, particularly a quarterback, is preemptively and maybe airing on the side of caution ruled out of a playoff game. Yeah. And by the way, that exact thing happened to Mahomes two years ago against the Browns. This is why it wasn't so quick to vilify to or the Dolphins because Mahomes did the exact same thing, get up and stumble, and because of that, he was not allowed back in the game. And they damn near lost to the Browns in the playoffs when they were a fourteen and one or I guess turned to fourteen in two team and the overwhelming Super Bowl favorites. I end up losing the Super Bowl to the Bucks stuffed outside. The problem with the Mahomes thing was not only did he not have a head injury, he never hit his head. He got tackled and because it looked like on first glance he might have hit his head, and then you saw the replay and he stumbled and it's like, oh my god, he's concussed. But then you saw the replay. He was choked. It was the guy got he was choked out. So he did pass out briefly, which is what happened. Was not a brain injury. It was from lack of oxygen. So he got choked, but they were cautious they ruled him out. If I'm just telling you, everyone right now has the stance, and I'm not saying it's the wrong stance. What I'm saying is I see the train coming down the tracks of a star player, probably a quarterback, taking a hard hit, him saying he's fine, his coach saying he's fine, and maybe again, maybe this is good. And this independent doctor that we're now gonna give more power to saying you can't come back in the game, and people being livid. In fact, I don't want this out on social right now, but I would like our team to clip it, timestamp it, and we'll see what happens in a bit. Now the last question, and then we'll move on. You said, is it awful luck for two? It is awful luck for two. Two is a great human being. I've talked with his father in person. I've talked with him, was super high on him coming out of college. The concern with Tua coming into the league was might be a little small. And while the hit he took Thursday night was a brutal hit that would have I think knocked anyone out of the game, they took Sunday was nothing right. And if we are now saying that hit can custom And he suffered a devastating injury in college, and he got injured last year and was dinged up his rookie year. Is it in play that to his body isn't necessarily made for it. Again, that's not about Thursday night, But the reason Thursday was such a big deal was because of what happened on Sunday. I think it's a legitimate question, and for the Dolphins, it puts them in an odd spot. With that said, as far as backup quarterbacks go, Teddy's fine, Teddy Bridgewater's fine, and you know they'll be able to at least tread water because I think two is going to be out weeks, not a week. I think two is going to be out weeks. There was some clock management disasters in Week four, and the most unlikely of teams really showed you exactly how to manage the clock. We'll discuss that next, plus get around to the rest of the league, including I think we're at some point we're gonna have to talk about the prince that was promised my guy Trevor Lawrence and the most fumbles this century. We'll discuss all that next.
Speaker 6: What's right, Hey there, Ryan Reynolds here, It's a new year, and you know what that means. No, not the diet resolutions, a way for us all to try and do a little bit better than we did last year. And my resolution, unlike Big wireless, is to not be a raging and raise the price of wireless on you ever chance I get. Give it a try at minmobile dot com.
Speaker 7: Slash switch forty five dollars up front payment required equivalent to fifteen dollars per month new customers on first three month plan only. Taxes and fees, extra speeds lower about forty gigabytes on unlimited cemintmobile dot com for details.
Speaker 4: Welcome back in episode seventy seven. Just tweeting out the link right now. What's right with Nick right is we are live on YouTube as we speak. The audio version will be coming out later today. So also the first segment, I actually think we didn't have any technical issues that I knew of, But this is our very first time going live on YouTube, so you might see a little behind the scenes stuff you typically don't. Demanse. That was your first time live on the air in any capacity doing anything.
Speaker 2: About it twitch stream.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me rephrase that was your first time live on the air with an audience in at least double digits that in any capacity, and you did a really great job with it.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I'm really proud of you all. All Right, we're gonna play a game in a bit called freak out or chill Out. But before that, I gotta make something right. Demase, go right ahead.
Speaker 2: We force showcased a few unbelievable clock management mistakes. Yeah, we got Minnesota, Washington, Tennessee, Las Vegas, and Baltimore all made terrible decisions yep, with the clock. So while some may think it's ironic that we don't even know how to manage our own clock over here, and that your only coaching experience in the NFL comes from Matt, and I think it's time for the return of Nick. Makes it right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: How do we fix clock management around the NFL?
Speaker 4: Okay, I think there is a great example of how easy this is to fix if you want to do it right, and that is from Denver. So here's the deal. You're getting your head in my shot. Come on, buddy, this is I'm gonna get it together. Denver was hat. Now you're fine now that our little sidebars up. Denver had the worst game management which I've ever seen, Nathaniel Hacket. He then hired a buddy, some guy who knew what he was doing instant impact, not only when I say instant impact, and that he's not making grievous mistakes. They did something that I would argue less than twenty percent of teams in the league would know to do yesterday. So here's the situation. Okay, now they lost the game anyway, but had they done this wrong, they would have gone to close to zero percent to win the game. And by doing it right, I'd say it left them two percent to win the game. Okay, what's a big difference between zero percent and two percent? Is significant? So the situation was this. The Raiders had the ball on the Denver thirty with a minute forty left. The Raiders had two timeouts, so they're down nine, by the way, so they need to get the ball back score getting onside kicks score. So again they're very slim of but the only chance you have is if you get the ball back north of a minute left. Okay, but they only have two timeouts. So what the Raiders, by the way, if you ask me, should have done in that spot was take three knees. Take If I'm running the Raiders, we take three knees. Take the first knee. It's a minute thirty five. You call time out. Take the second knee. It's a minute thirty two. You call time out, Take the third knee. We're now grinding it down from ninety seconds to fifty seconds. We punt at fifty. You get the ball down nine with forty five seconds left. I'm in great shape. The only thing we can't do if we're the Raiders is run out of bounds, turn the ball over, or commit a penalty. First down, Josh Jacobs gets six yards. Okay, that's a positive gain for the Raiders. The Raiders held on it. There was a holding pinal. You could see Nathaniel Hackett talking to his new guy in the booth and going decline like he was like confused, Like you want me to decline the penalty. If I decline the penalty, it'll be second and four for the Raiders. By accept it, it's first and twenty. I was like, decline, decline. The refs even didn't even ask him if you wanted to decline it first. He called him over and he declined it. Why because well, no, because it stops the clock without using a timeout. Now that second and for it was second and four. But if you accept the penalty, clock stops, but they get first down again. Now it's second and four, so that six yards is good for the Raiders. But most important thing for Denver is they have to get a three and out and they have to somehow steal a timeout. They just stole one by accepting the penalty, So you gave up for it to sixteen yards. But the most important thing was the forty seconds. Now they gave up a first down anyway, so it didn't matter. But on second down they stopped him and used the timeout. It's now third and three with a minute twenty eight left. If you had stopped him on that third and three you call timeout, you're going to be getting the ball back in some capacity with a minute twenty five and you have a slight chance. That's super sharp by Denver. And I give him credit for it because the guy recognize I don't know what I'm doing, so let me hire someone who does. So how do we fix it? That's how you goddamn fix it. And I think these days when everyone is looking for content, you mentioned you had a Twitch stream people like watching gaming free. In fact, you know what, Gabe, who's our fearless leader, runs Blue Duck Media. I mean this the free ida by free idea, I mean if you do this and you monetize it, I want twelve percent. Uh create this competition a NFL not to be ad coach, to be the clock game management consultant, and it's going to be like a reality show. You know what. The first thing we're gonna do, we're gonna go watch you play Blackjack. And that's how we're gonna call the field because you're gonna play Blackjack on camera for one hour and if you make one mistake, you're out. Don't care how much money you win or lose. You have to We need to immediately know can you make binary yes, no decisions when there is literally a chart you can memorize there. Once we've done that, next thing we're gonna do, we're gonna watch you Gabe's okay. The next thing we're gonna do, we're gonna watch you play Madden. We're gonna watch you play Madden in a bunch of scenarios where you have to get it right. The next thing we're gonna do, we are going to put you in a game simulation, which you can now do, where you have real money of your own gambled on your own team, and you're gonna have to gain clock manage it because the other thing, people freeze up when the stakes are high. This is not hard. And then the last thing, and this one wouldn't be great content, is a written test. What is the one time if you have one time out left you don't want to call it? The answer, by the way, is between two forty three and two forty seven left in the game. I don't have time to explain it. Just trust me on it. In fact, I will explain it real quick if you This is something coaches don't understand, but it's true. Maybe one in fifteen NFL coaches get this. If you only have one time out left and the previous play ends at two forty five, okay, and you call your timeout, right, they are going to I'm sorry, if you don't call your timeout, they're gonna have to run one play before the two minute warning.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: But if you call your last time out at two forty five and the other team is sharp and they run a play that takes at least five seconds, guess what through Guess what they're they're gonna You're not saving yourself anything, but I see that happen thirty times a year. Coaches don't get that, and that's like the next next level. Some of this stuff is as basic as it gets. So yeah, it's it's something sharp teams will recognize it should not be on the coach's decision desk. Going forward or not going for it on fourth down can be a head coach's decision. Clock management should be its own job. All teach the course. It's not hard. The Broncos understood their guy couldn't do it. They did something super sharp this weekend. I just did seven and a half minutes on our first live show ever on clock management. I'm very passionate about this topic. All right, let's play a game.
Speaker 2: Freak out, a chill out yep and a loss to the Eagles. Trevor Lawrence went eleven for twenty three through two picks and lost four fumbles. Yeah, should the prince that was promised freak out or chill out?
Speaker 4: Chill out?
Speaker 2: It was raining?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I don't even know who the game should have been played. It seemed a little unfair. The dude, Yeah, Demase lost money on this game, so he's never gonna like Trevor Lawrence again. He's mad at him. Uh listen, I uh, I don't have a lot of defense for my guy, the prince that was promised. I spent this morning. I went to all the contemporary great quarterbacks Pro Football Reference pages, went to their full career game log sorted by fumbles. So I was like, oh, I'm gonna find no nobody. It's the most fumbles lost by any player this century. So it's that great. It's a learning process. I'm so mad about that game because the Jags weren't firm control and then they couldn't stop fumbling the ball. I am also going to go ahead, he's the prince that was promised, right, So if we're going to take that analogy to its you know, for this logical conclusion, if you watch Game of Thrones or any of these things, you know what, princes have a lot of people teaching them how to do stuff. Where's the guy in the King's Council teaching Trevor Lawrence how to handle a wet football team? I mean, what the hell, man, help my guy out.
Speaker 2: He wasn't used.
Speaker 4: It must be sunny and Clemson, South Carolina three hundred and sixty five days a year. I don't know what happened, but you play in Florida, there's gonna be some rain. It wasn't great, but we're not gonna freak out next.
Speaker 2: Doctor Wright correctly predicted a quarterback transplant in pittsback.
Speaker 4: I said it was gonna happen. I did correct predicted. I forgot about that. Yep.
Speaker 2: The Steelers lick energized under Kinny Pickett even though he threw three picks. They're only a game back in in the AFC North, so they could make a playoff push.
Speaker 4: No, they couldn't.
Speaker 2: Should optimistic Pittsburgh fans freak out or chill out?
Speaker 4: No? I mean, well, listen if your if your goal is just to seek any picket and see them developed, and that's fine, then you can chill out. If the goal is a playoff push. These should have done freaked out. It took a total special team's disaster for this team to not be owing four. Yeah. Week one, you needed the Bengals to miss an extra point, to miss short kicks and we're already down on time. My apologies, and the next four games at Buffalo? What do you think the line is for that? By the way, have you looked wait for Pittsburgh at.
Speaker 2: Buffalo, Pittsburgh at Buffalo, give it a guest seven eight and a half.
Speaker 4: How about fourteen? Oh? Wait, that is yes, I saw that one fourteen for an NFL team, fourteen points. But so Pittsburgh after that home for the Bucks, after that at Miami, after that at Philly. Mike Tomlins never had a losing There's a little neat in here. Mike Donlinds never had a losing season. He could have a losing season locked up before we get to December. No, the Steelers stink, man, they really stink. They just lost to the Jets and Zach Wilson. Worse than that, they blew a ten point lead to the Jets. Was that a fourth quarter? Yeah, they were up ten with ten minutes left against the Jets, and they.
Speaker 2: Lost some time to freak out. Absolutely next, all right, Panthers head coach Matt Ruhle is now one in twenty six when the opposing team scored seventeen or more, that's the most.
Speaker 4: They told me, I can't curse. I want to curse here so bad. They sak Is relyve on YouTube not to drop any f bombs. Right, that's the most fing insane stat I've ever heard. It's not just go ahead, ask the question.
Speaker 2: Sorry, should the Panthers front office freak out or chill out? Go ahead?
Speaker 4: It's not only that you are one and twenty six, it's all of it. It's the fact that you've gotten that many operates. Seventy is not a lot of points. Seventeen the worst offense in the NFL this year. Yeah, will average more than seventeen points a game. If what that means is if if your defense doesn't play an A plus game, you one in twenty six. Yeah, it's unfathomable.
Speaker 2: Basically, they've scored two touchdowns. What the hell are we going to do? No?
Speaker 4: Exactly right, exactly right. I'd never It's also unfathomable that he's gotten this when he that record will never be broken because no one else is gonna get three seasons of that level of coaching. The fact that he's coached twenty seven of those games, it's just impossible to believe. You add to that, Baker's boy boy, remember that Baker Mayfield stock that I've been holding on to for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, time to sell it if you can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. I don't know if there's any buyers my guy, Baker just can't stop getting the balls batted down. And that happens because he's a little guy. Short quarterbacks get balls batted down. Baker. I wanted support Baker five to eleven six, it's probably six feet. It's not horrible for an INFL quarterback of this. I mean Colin Murray's what, well, he's the shortest quarterback. He's the shortest every But I mean that's the other thing of it.
Speaker 2: It's like that thing that's like that the thing that you see when somebody's like, oh I wish I could drive that car, and like another person's like, oh I wish I wish I could walk or whatever.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, someone's always six feet dude, Colors five to five, Okay, Kyler's a little tall than five to five. No, that is true. And I do like Demond's a going all existential of like everyone, someone's always got it worse exactly. Uh no, I understand that, but uh yeah, no, the the vander should freak out. Yeah, they've spent a lot for to not have a quarterback. They spent legitimate capital in Sam Darnold, then they spent legitimate capital on Baker. They spent legitimate Capital to trade up to get Matt Corral the college kid. I guess you got to play him at some point. That I mean the Panthers. And here's the other thing. The reason I picked them like an idiot to make the playoffs was because I was like, Okay, Week one, they're playing Cleveland and Jacoby, they lose. Week two, they're playing Daniel Jones and the Giants, they lose. Week three they're playing New Orleans. They win that game. And Week four they're playing Arizona, which I correctly predicted was not a good team. They're one in three and now they've got coming up the Niners, the Rams, the Bucks, Atlanta, Sincy, Atlanta, Baltimore. They they're screwed. No freak out next.
Speaker 2: Cooper Rush has won three straight games for Dallas. It's officially time to ask should Dak Prescott freak out or chill out?
Speaker 4: He should chill out. He's gonna get his job. But I need to admit, yeah that's what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go ahead, but you go you need to Yeah, you definitely got some things to admit.
Speaker 4: What do I have to admit?
Speaker 2: You were so down on Cooper Rush? Okay, so down on him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was I know he's won three games in a row, first quarterback in NFL history to win his sports. For first four starts, they have like a passer rating of X. I don't know the exact stat but this is also again, the shrapnel that I am getting from Demanse is the after shock of a lost wager. I just so everybody knows. So everybody knows, Demons is extra mad at me for my bad Cooper Rush opinion because I gave that opinion. It led to him betting on Cincinnati minus seven and a half against the Cowboys, and they were immediately out of that game. So that's why. But here's something I got right. Do you remember when Dak Prescott got hurt and had a hand surgery and they were like, hey, this six to eight weeks. Then the Cowboys were like, well maybe four to six weeks. Then Jerry Jones was like, we're not putting them on IR. We think he could be back within three weeks. And I said, he's full of it. They are sacked. When you put a guy on IR, his roster spot comes open so you can put an extra player on your roster. He's out for four weeks though minimum I said this is purely a pr move to keep the Cowboys in the news. He knows he's not going to be able to play in four weeks, and people like ah who would do that. Well, it's now been three weeks, so their next game would be the fourth game. Jerry after the game said, Dak has to be able to grip a football before we start talking about putting him back in. So he still hadn't in the process yet of gripping a football. Yesterday I saw him high fiving with his left hand. He can't even high five with his right hand yet. This was a six to eight week injury. He had surgery on his throwing hand. Can you imagine if after you had your finger surgery, how long it would take for you to be like hand feels fully normal? Can you go play in a tackle football game? It was insane. Yeah, it was always insane. Now I give Cooper Rush credit. He's more than kept the Cowboys afloat. I listen in my defense on Cooper Rush, and then we'll be done. Cooper Rush, I I just want to get this right. He had played one game in his NFL career prior to to this stint. He was undrafted out of Central Michigan been in the league six years. You might be like, well, was he awesome in high school? Nope, Cooper Rush in high school? You want to know what he was, I'll tell you what his ranked national ranking was, unranked. Do you don't want to know what his ranking was in the state of Michigan. Unranked? He was a two star recruit that had one offer from a D one school, Central Michigan. And that was so color me, you know, skeptical of that guy being able to come in and handle in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I think that just tells you that we got to stop disrespecting these guys that we don't have like an updatea on or don't have these like catchy accolades that other guys have.
Speaker 4: You know, well, listen, that's what a lot of people would say. He got there, He got there, and they're three and one. Now. I don't think there's a quarterback controversy. But here's what I do think is going to happen. Here's the most interesting Cowboys conversation. Should Dak Prescott be rooting for them to get their teeth kicked in by the Rams Because the answer to that question is yes, because look, what if they beat the Rams, and then Dak's helped this coming week, and then they play Philly with first place on the line. What if Dak misses this week, which he will, and then comes back for Philly and they lose. Now all of a sudden, there's real scrutiny on it. When they're playing right now. They have taken advantage of a soft schedule and they've played great on defense. I give him credit, but Dak's in a really weird spot where they played Cincinnati and their defense one on that game, the Giants are no good and Washington who's terrible. But now they're at the Rams and at the Eagles coming up. He Dak needs Cooper to lose to the Rams and to look.
Speaker 2: It was gonna come back from Sersey with no job.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's gonna be his job. The's gonna be a lot of scrutiny. Also, Cooper threw two picks yesterday. They both got called off due to penalty. I I'm I'm not I'm not buying into Cooper Rush. I am buying in that I discounted him a little early. But I think at the end of the day is still gonna be Cooper Rush. All right, what's last.
Speaker 2: It is the end of the B block, and I have not yet presented you with a birthday gift.
Speaker 4: You don't need to get me anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been Should I freak out or chill out? Yeah? I was telling the producers, you're not really a gift guy.
Speaker 4: Not a gift guy.
Speaker 2: He's requested three impromptu babysitting days for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I listen. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but yeah.
Speaker 2: What do I get?
Speaker 4: I buy myself whatever I want. Yeah, I'm a grown man with a really good job. Like, it's not like, oh my god, I really wanted this and now I'm gonna get it like some people are like that. Let me tell you guys a quick birthday story. My mom's father, who you never met. He passed away. He lived a long time, was born in nineteen twelve, but he'd never met my mom's dad.
Speaker 2: It's just your mom's I've never met your mom's.
Speaker 4: No, my mom's mom passed away years ago, Nana, but no, her husband. You never met him. He passed away when I was in college. He passed away before me and your mom met. He was born nineteen twelve, lived through the depression, came back from the war, started a business and wasn't like a rich rich man, but made good money. Retired to Florida on a golf course with money leftover. Right, my mom one year for his birthday gave him five thousand dollars cash. And I said, I hope she wouldn't mind me telling this. I said, why would you give him cash? She was like, you don't know my father the way I do. I was like, what do you mean. She's like, I'll explain it to you. At some point he would call her and tell her. I mean, he was like eighty five years old when she gave him this money. Laurie, I gotta tell you, thank you so much for that money. You know, now, when I go get my morning bagel, I order the orange juice. The orange juice, they charged six dollars for it. It's so ridiculous. But because you told me to spend that money, I spend it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: She knew he wouldn't spend money because he was like those people that grew up in the Depression were so they were so scarred by it. No matter how much money they had, they were convinced it was all it all could go away. It could all go to zero, so he wouldn't spend, so she gave him this money. So now he all of a sudden would buy himself orange juice and you know, buy orange sounds sad, but like but uh, I get it. Those like those Florida Jewish delis. A glass of orange is like six bucks? Like really but no, so you don't need to listen, you don't. I was going to ask you, you know, as my present for you to you know, not gamble, but I assume that ship is sailed so we can just gamble responsibly. But I appreciate that you should chill out. I don't need anything. We'll wrap the show.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: This is really by the way, so far, not to jinks it, but a plus job by the producers so far on our first ever live show.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 8: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robluss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon, MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrell Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Tania, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 4: Welcome Back in final segment episod sold seventy seven. What's Right Within Right the podcast and YouTube show, So our first time ever going live. I think it went really well. We looks like we went a combined twenty minutes overtime today, which also means the car that's waiting to take me to work to the TV show has to be super irritated. So we got to wrap up C block. We usually try to. Sometimes you like rapid fire questions. Sometimes we roast a Monday. Sometimes you guys roast me. You guys told me today you had something. You wouldn't tell me what it was.
Speaker 2: So what is it?
Speaker 4: What's going on? So my gift to you, oh more birthday stuff? Okay, not to be self indulgent and all go ahead.
Speaker 2: For your birthday. I know you've kind of been I wouldn't call it struggling, but your betting season so far has it's been a little sketchy, Like not, I haven't it's not a losing season.
Speaker 4: No, it's not a losing season. Yesterday, Yeah, yesterday was a big that the Chiefs. Let me say one thing. Mom's been favored in thirty eight straight games, and it was on it all yesterday. I told America to take advantage of it, and I took a lot of advantage of it. And I had a big teaser hit yesterday. I actually already made a big teaser for next week. Oh, can't wait for Friday show. We're back on track. But go ahead, what's up?
Speaker 2: So? I went ahead and got three sure fire picks for you. I'm gonna tell you what they are.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me hear, because how'd you do in your three picks? Yes? Oh, how'd you do in three picks?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 5: I did one pick, but the prince that was promised screwed you promise. But I also think, Okay, go ahead and tell me the picks. Because was one of your picks the Monday night game? Was it San Francisco and the Rams you were your three picks, wasn't it?
Speaker 4: So we'll see because you're one and one in those picks, all right, go ahead home.
Speaker 2: So we've got Broncos minus three at home against the Colts. And then we've got I've got.
Speaker 4: Chiefs minus seven and a half. It looks like go ahead s right there, an Arizona plus five and a half.
Speaker 2: I had it at seven.
Speaker 4: Oh well, demnd wants his line value. You guys are screwing de Monsey at his line value. That's a big difference. And then Arizona.
Speaker 2: Five and a half. Yeah, and then we've got the Cardinals. I forget what the line is for that one.
Speaker 4: It's right there on the screen, dummy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sorry, guys on your phone. Yeah versus Philly, Yeah, five and a half point underdogs.
Speaker 4: What so you want? So what you're saying is you're going to make that bet, that parlay with your own money and just give me the winnings.
Speaker 2: I could do that.
Speaker 4: Okay, then what but that's not what the plan was. Your gift is you're just giving me.
Speaker 2: I was giving you advice, giving you three picks, and now you only have to do two more for Nick's picks on Thursday.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that won't that is that might be the first time ever someone tried to give me a birthday present that is likely to just cost me money. That's like, oh, let me tell you something. Hold up, I gotta tell you some unbelievable on that front. And God, lover your your mom is the greatest person ever, Okay, the greatest, And she has her own business and makes her own money, and the you know, we have an odd financial dynamic at home where the money I make goes in a joint account, the money she makes goes in a separate account, so like she has her own money, but I don't have my own money. But whatever, it doesn't matter. I'm fine. So you know, she had that masseuse come to the house on Friday, and it was unbelievable. I got to say, I've never I've only gotten one real massage in my life outside of it a poker game. So at Boger Games they have massage people come over and rub your shoulders or whatever. But uh, yeah, one of the massage people I tried to hook you up with on Instagram. But that's neither here or there.
Speaker 2: South by the way.
Speaker 4: Oh really, Oh we should talk about that off the air. Well that that. I'm glad. It doesn't matter. So your mom's I tell your mom after after I get the massage, then your mom's gonna get one she's excellent. Who was super relaxing, fix my back a bit, I sit all day. I was like, that was really great, babe. I really appreciate it. And she was like yeah, she was like, I want that to be one of your birthday presents. I'm like, oh, this massage. She's like, no, Like I want her to come like every week or every two weeks and give us massages as a birthday present to you that unsuredly, assuredly I'm paying for, Like, oh, what a delight, Laurie. Don't put this on social I'm gonna get fried. And by the way, it is a great present. But that that is a birthday president. It's like, oh that, I that's just costing me money, much like you giving me bad gambling tips.
Speaker 2: This is not hold on, this is on the show. I love that we did this on air, and so it's recorded. It's always gonna be all right, So we'll see those three picks are winning. Those three picks are when I gave you. Yes, it was a gift, but okay, I appreciate that. All right, what's next? What are we doing?
Speaker 4: Last?
Speaker 2: The producers know? So the producers are they've got a gift for you.
Speaker 4: What do they have for me?
Speaker 2: They know that you're really in a fashion and you really like the Lakers. They thought, I am.
Speaker 4: Really into fashion. Can can on YouTube? Can you guys see the logo on this coat?
Speaker 2: They can see the g's on there.
Speaker 4: Okay, I was just making sure, all right, go ahead, So what of the So I'm into fashion, I'm in fashion.
Speaker 2: You're into the Lakers. So they thought the following would be a very good gift for you.
Speaker 4: Let me say, there we got.
Speaker 2: And they're actually getting you that like it's it's it's coming.
Speaker 4: They're sending me a Patrick Beverly Lakers jersey.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is a Patrick Beverly's Kers.
Speaker 4: You know what. So I've told you, your mother, your sisters, any one in my life. I told the TV showed people today to an NFL Monday. I don't take this down. That's that offensive. I told the TV people, please don't spend any time on the show today doing like, hey, here's Nick's birthday cake or whatever. It's an NFL Monday. Every minute's too valuable. Cable television. Don't do it. Don't give me anything, don't do anything. I'm now making a revision. However, much money was spent Jesus Man. However, much money was spent of Blue Duck Media's budget to buy that Patrick Beverly jersey. I want the equivalent amount spent on a real present, Okay, So if that costs one hundred and twenty dollars, I need a actual present that I'm going to be like, Oh, I really appreciate this. I need that much spent, So you now cost you double because that is just wait, you might as well lit money on fire. And now if you just did the photoshops, you're not actually sending me the jersey. That's fine, that's free. But if you're actually spent money on it, then I need like a nice bottle of Scotch or something, even though I don't drink Scotch. Uh the equivalent, okay.
Speaker 2: Or Patrick Beverley yellow and purple shoes.
Speaker 4: You're gonna wear because you think I'm gonna gift you the jersey.
Speaker 2: Man thing's probably gonna get When are you gonna wear it?
Speaker 4: You can't wear that, bro, You can't walk around in a Patrick Beverley jersey. Why it's the same rules. Remember when Deanna wanted do you know what I'm gonna say here? Like three years ago. This is an embarrassing way to end the show. When we were shoe shopping, do you know what I'm gonna say? Oh?
Speaker 2: Wait, No, I don't know what you're gonna say.
Speaker 4: We were shoe shopping and Deanna found some shoes she really really wanted and they were Kyries and I was like, nah, it's not having it.
Speaker 2: She actually has a pair of Kyriees though.
Speaker 4: Oh, your mom got him, forgot her. Oh then she mustn't got him without my consent on the low.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, ya, she got him like three years ago when he wasn't like super problem.
Speaker 4: No, he was already after he'd stabbed Lebron in the back. He was out on it. All right, that's today's show. Hopefully we're back live again on Thursday. Check out but subscribe on iTunes, subscribe on Spotify, subscribe on YouTube again. If we get to andre k YouTube subscribers before the new year, before the end of football season, Demonte gets a thousand dollars bonus, which should at that point possibly cover about half of his inevitable gambling losses. We'll see you guys then, have a great day. Be safe,