Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up? Everyone? This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once again.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, grave, yes, in the house. That was good.
Speaker 1: Actually, that was amazing. Yes.
Speaker 2: I came up with that, like just now, how are you feeling.
Speaker 1: You're feeling good? You look good. I'm feeling good. Thank you. Yeah, you look amazing, thank you, thank you. It's quiet and busy. Yes, everybody's gone. Everybody's gone. The kids are at school. One is at the getting his haircut. He's got a doctor appointment.
Speaker 2: Yes, all that he's doing maintenance. Okay, do you have a shady moment?
Speaker 1: I traveled recently for basketball for the kids for Corey, and we were in Indianapolis, Indiana. Okay, never been there before. It actually is a nice city. Oh okay, good, yeah, not you're going to say it was trash. No, okay, it actually is a nice city. We were in like the suburbs of it, but the suburbs were nice, and you know, it's a really nice city. So it kind of surprised us how nice it was. Anyway, the shady moment comes our rental car, oh broke down on us. What yes, Brandon, And it was like it had six thousand miles a Ford Explorer, six thousand miles on it. In the middle of Indiana, Indianapolis, the rental car breaks down. Yeah, which, and it's such a pain in the ass. It's like, who, I'm here for basketball games. I'm trying to get to my son's basketball game and over here the cars breaking down? So did you miss the game? We met? We made it to the game because one of a random mother on another team who knew me from Housewives, was just like, she's from Indiana, so her son's team was playing on the India on the Indie Heat. She was just like, hey, Robin, how you doing. I'm like, oh my god, I'm dealing with this rental car down on me. She's like, all right, well out it. Because we were so the games we were in one gym and then Corey's next game was in another gym that was like twenty five minutes away. So fortunately we made it to the one gym and we were able to park, and then we couldn't start the car. Oh god, so you know, I just tell this random lady the story. She's like, oh, well, I'm going to the other gym too, so y'all can hop in my hole.
Speaker 2: She was more than happy.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, oh yes, she was like yes, shout out to Mila. But she definitely came through and we all me Wanta Carter hopped in her car, and she kept apologizing because it was like her son's old two thousand fourd escape. It was it was it was I hadn't seen a car are of that condition in a while.
Speaker 2: Over so she kept like that think got you from A to B exactly.
Speaker 1: I said, I don't care, just give it to my son's game. But then we had to deal with the whole Okay, now we gotta meet go back to the other gyms to meet the tow truck to take that car, and then we have to take an uber back to the airport forty minutes away.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't come bring you one.
Speaker 1: Well, because it was Saturday, all the small local branches were closed and so the only thing open is the airport. And try getting through to somebody at the airport to bring me a car. That's not happening. It was just so it was so much, right, So we had to get the car toad, take an uber to the airport, get another car, and then going by a business.
Speaker 2: It was that's a lot. Yeah, so what what car rental company? As you are shady as well, I.
Speaker 1: Mean they did what they could, like the roadside assistance people, they did what they could, but it was that was a pain in the ass.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, as we were on to you. Yeah, okay, So my shady moment is because this has happened to me. It's only like what time is it right now? Ten thirty in the morning. Yeah, it's happened to me like five times today. Okay, people asking me what I'm gonna do now that I'm gonna be an empty nester. Oh, I'm sick of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: The shadiness is not I'm gonna be an empty nest of shady keep asking, asking and reminding you and reminding me and what I'm gonna do, and oh my gosh. And they're like talking to me like my life is over, yes, and stop it right, like people everywhere ever I went got my car washed. Huh, I don't know these people. They are just going to me.
Speaker 1: Oh my God, the girl's gonna leave. Oh my god, what you gonna do? Oh my god, you're gonna be an empty nester? Like what right? Keep reminding, But I guess they're like concerned. Maybe they've been through that, or they picture themselves going through that and like, oh my gosh, what would I do? But yes, they they are not thinking like You're getting this question eight million times a day.
Speaker 2: A day, and so I'm just putting that out there to the universe. Stop asking me.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonn tell you what I'm gonna do. Yes, walk around naked. You already know that. Right in my house, I'm just no clothes. I'm gonna eat breakfast naked. I'm gonna eat lunch naked. Okay, you probably already do that. I mean it freaks out the girls, so I try not to. And then I'm just gonna live, okay the end. Yes, I'm going to visit my children, I'm going to visit Robin.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna play in the streets.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be y'all gonna see me on TMZ like dating somebody, kissing somebody in the corner.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do all the things. It's a turn up time good. Yes, yes, I think I think you'll be okay, I mean, of course, it's I can't imagine when that time comes from me, so I know how you're feeling, yeah, or I can I can only imagine how you're feeling. But I'm sure you will find ways to keep yourself very busy.
Speaker 2: Me too, So leave me alone. And when you see me in the streets acting wild, because you will see that, just leave me alone.
Speaker 1: I'm living but now got three schools to visit, three kids to visit.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love that though, right, So I'm gonna be hitting the road doing that. Yeah, I'm gonna be mine in my business. I'm gonna be talking. Y'all know I don't do that very well, So I will be talking and just in any corner. Okay, Yeah, i'ma be doing me the.
Speaker 1: In Do you feel like you're gonna have to evenly divide up your time to visit the girls? Like, do you think one of them would be like all of them? Okay, all of them will be.
Speaker 2: If I go to one school, the other two are gonna definitely be like how long did she stay? And then like they're gonna want to meet a match whatever I did with that one.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's terrible, horrible and Grace is the worst one. Yeah, Grace to be like, you know, well, mom, like why aren't you coming? Like she's she's a bit of a nag. I love her, but like if she if you tell her something. Let's say, she's like, I want to go eat tacos and you're like, oh, Grace, you know, like we're gonna eat steak. She's like, but what's going on with tacos?
Speaker 1: What's wrong tacos?
Speaker 2: And like until you eat the steak she's asking about, like she doesn't let her go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get that, she's that girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so she's gonna want to make sure that she gets all the mommy time.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that, Like yeah, well no, I mean I love that just your relationship with your girls, because yes, I had a great relationship with my mother, but I didn't want to like spend time with my mother, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, because your mother was like me right.
Speaker 1: I mean, like no offense to my mom, but I wasn't like worrying about if she seeing with my brother or yeah yeah or when I mean and maybe it's because I went to I mean, no, it's just different. I can't even say that was maybe because I went to University of Maryland and it was closer to home, right, And you know, I kind of could go home whenever I wanted to anyway, but I don't. Yeah, I don't think if I was, like in another city, I would be like, yeah, mom, come hang out.
Speaker 2: Well, times are different, Yeah, I think relationships with parents and children for sure, are totally different from they were in the past, and different in a good way.
Speaker 1: No, in a great way. Yeah, and I'm not letting my girls go Like I saw gosh, who was it? Whi's Khalifa? Uh huh? Did you see this? He said, I don't remember where it was. I saw the headline a little clip. He goes to the club with his mom. Strip club with his mom.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a relationship.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you know what, I actually could picture myself doing that, which is my boys. Yeah, yeah I could.
Speaker 2: I definitely can see you doing that and me with mine. Yeah, I don't need to go to the strip club, but like we could definitely go right like club hop.
Speaker 1: Like hang out. He's like, yeah, my mom is my roll dog, Like, oh, I love that.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's funny.
Speaker 1: So I was like, oh, that's gonna be me and my kid.
Speaker 2: Yes, what age is that he is? This ten years from now?
Speaker 1: Shoot, not even no, like when they're like Cory's what Cory sixteen? Sixteen? Yeah, maybe five.
Speaker 2: So when he's legal, you know of riving gonna be and uh, what's up? Magic City?
Speaker 1: Yes, we're doing at all.
Speaker 2: She's gonna be in Miami at eleven.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so I'm not smoking weed with my kids though.
Speaker 2: Please don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, does anybody smoke weed anymore? I thought it was just all edibles. What people I mean is rollo, your nostrils don't work. I smell weed all the time. It doesn't matter where I am. It does not matter where I am. I smell weed. So yes, people still smoke weed. Okay.
Speaker 2: A couple of things that we're a little late to discuss what we're gonna We need to discuss first things first, the benefit benefit benefer, Is that right?
Speaker 1: The benefit of it all? Yes? Okay, well it's Ben and j Lo. Yes, every day it's different now.
Speaker 2: Because we don't by the time this who knows, but every day is different. So on today I think it's over what you.
Speaker 1: Think I think it's quite rocky. I think I don't know if it's over. Yeah, well you know what, right, once it's rocky, I think with Jen and Ben it's over. It's over. Yeah, now did we because because all right, so what do we know? We know that he supposedly moved out of.
Speaker 2: Their house, their l a house. He's like down the street, around the corner, somewhere in the airbnb. Right, yeah, we know that they he's we know, we definitely know for sure. He's never looked happy. Okay, that's clear. The man hasn't smiled. And how long they've been married eighteen months? Who knows, Let's say to you in two years?
Speaker 1: Has it? It was a pandemic.
Speaker 2: I don't know when they got married, but he has not smiled. The honeymoon colleagues not here the fact check. So we're just gonna say all kinds of wrong things today. Okay, but I think that, Yeah, I think it's a rap.
Speaker 1: And she looks she doesn't look great to me. She looks bothered. Yes, she looks stressed. She's bothered. I hesitate to use the old word old oh's old oh ozempict I was like.
Speaker 2: Old organza oat meal.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what old words. You got married a year ago.
Speaker 2: Yes, and in all, he's been grimacing for three hundred and sixty five days.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Ben, be free and be happy again. Yeah, get your life. Yeah all, that's all I'm gonna say about that.
Speaker 1: But but Jin, let's figure out why, why.
Speaker 2: Why this is not working for you. As a matter of fact, I don't ever want her to get married again. As a matter of fact, just live with somebody. You don't have to get married. You do not have to marry these people.
Speaker 1: She don't have to live with anyone at this point. Yes, I think her career just takes precedence over everything in your life, everything. And I think eventually that just she probably you know, gets in a new relationship and they're in the honeymoon phase, yeah you know, and then eventually if fizzles, and then she's back to just full force on her career.
Speaker 2: And I think she emasculates men.
Speaker 1: Probably, And when's the last time we've seen Ben affleck do like any type of project, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like is he dunkin donuts? He dunk and donuts us to death? Okay, we were duncan out, that's true.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean but he no, he's working, he's been in he was in so movie.
Speaker 1: Oh is he? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have Well, he was promoting a movie recently, Okay, yeah, I don't know if anyone saw it, but I think he's busy as well. So I think that that's hard and that's what they were saying. He was working on a project out of the country during the met gala.
Speaker 1: That's why he wasn't there.
Speaker 2: I'm like, he don't like her and he don't like that kind of stuff right the end. So anyway, we wished them the best individually, not together. We wished them the best individually. Okay, so just get away from each other. It's been a while, but we have not talked about Sean Buffee Combs and the video that the entire world.
Speaker 1: Has seen disgusting.
Speaker 2: Did we talk that day that it came out? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Remember Bianca texted it. Yes, And well we didn't talk talk. We were it was just in our group chat in a group chat. Yeah, and because I think I was out of town. But yeah, that was disgusting. That was horrifying. Yes, And then to think about do you know the time, like how long did they stay in a relationship after that years years, like a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I made my children watch it because I have daughters and just to be like, look, if you ever even get an inkling that anybody's gonna put your hands on you, you call me. Yeah, you call the police. Get the hell away. I don't care where you are, I'm coming to get you this. I felt so horrible for Cassie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my brother called me.
Speaker 2: He was like, you know so many reasons why this is horrible, and one of them is like, he's making everyone think that all black men are like this, like black men.
Speaker 1: Just out here beating people up.
Speaker 2: But this is what's even worse. The apology. What in the world apology? But did we hear the word I apologize or I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: No, it was it was a woe is me type of thing. Yeah, trying to fizzle, like defizzle the situation.
Speaker 2: Right, he actually said he didn't apolishe you're right here, he said, up right?
Speaker 1: Or I was that I was in a really big dark place and I had to get help. But I got help, and I got help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so difficult to reflect on the darkest times in your life. Sometimes you gotta do that. I was ugh, I mean, I had rob bottom, but I make no excuses. My behavior on that video is inexcusable. I take full responsibility for my ashes in that video. I was disgusted then when I did it. I'm disgusting now boy.
Speaker 1: Good night bye. After after he called her whole lawsuit a live la.
Speaker 2: Yes, put out a whole statement. Enough, I'm tired of people slang during.
Speaker 1: Me right what That's insane? Yeah, that is insane. And I just I mean, did you see Cassie's statement that she released. No, she released a statement and she pretty much you know, was thanking everyone for their support and said, you know, she was definitely younger and in a bad place and it was a really difficult time for her. And she's still you know, as she's grown out of that, yeah and healed from it, she still has that trauma. You know, she's still healing from that trauma for.
Speaker 2: The rest of her life.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I'm sure and her statement was really gracious because I'm sure it wasn't easy reliving that. Yeah, you know, seeing that on Instagram and whatever, TV and over and over and over again and people just reaching out and stuff. I'm sure that wasn't easy to relive that and to see yourself in that position like that's that's horrible.
Speaker 2: Yes, my heart goes out to her and anyone who has in any way had to endure domestic islands.
Speaker 1: This makes you wonder like what is why did he have to do all that? Why? That's that's my whole point.
Speaker 2: Why why?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: I just don't even know.
Speaker 1: It was clear she was trying to lead, like let her go, like.
Speaker 2: She's barefoot, right, she's she doesn't even have shoes on, and she's trying to get Oh no, she's trying to get out of there, and you run after her naked with a towel, but that towel was wrapped on real tight and beat her.
Speaker 1: Up like dude, what are you doing? And God?
Speaker 2: And and then then I thought, like what happened when when we couldn't see the camera, Like what happened when she went back into the run.
Speaker 1: Right, or what happened prior to or what has happened? What happened? You know at any point is that it makes my stomach hurt. It really does. So, so that whole lawsuit I'm sure is full of truth, you know, the whole thing. I believe every single last word and I believe that instance, I believe that lawsuit.
Speaker 2: Can't stop, won't stop, full stop, just stop. Yeah stop dude, And you have a machine behind you. I'm just surprised that the machine let him do that dumb ass apology non apology.
Speaker 1: Like, but he's probably also the type like I'm gonna do what I want to do. Yeah, you have a machine behind me. But but he has a machine behind him. But that machine probably also can't tell him anything, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: True, but like the narcissism of it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and to think that that was gonna help the situation.
Speaker 2: Right, you have daughters, This is ah, Okay, we're gonna move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we just he needs to. I mean, I don't know what he can or will do to try to like rehab his his image or his you know, reputation, but I think it's gonna be really hard for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And this is was really crazy. So as I'm watching this, I'm like, where are Cassie's uncles? Hmmm? Because my pinion, like, if I would have seen that from my girls, first of all, or if anybody that you know, my family would have seen that happened to me, right there, would be nothing stopping them from finding him, right, and damn they're killing him, like they would take the L.
Speaker 1: Yeah, easy, take the L. Yeah. And I'm sure for years she probably didn't really tell anyone. She probably told everyone she was okay and nothing was going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but you know, I think her husband has been really really great for her. He seems, oh yeah, to be so supportive and thank god. Right, yeah, he seems to like really just have her back. So I think that's her that's her strength, and that's her rock in this situation. But yeah, that was just ugly. I just ladies, please, you do not ever have to deal with that. Do not allow yourself to be put in that situation, and can you continue to stay and continue to deal with it. And fellas, keep your hands to yourself.
Speaker 2: Period the end. There's no need put your hands on a woman ever. Just be if you want to. If you want to hit something, the pillow there, you go, hit that, right, go to the gym, there's boxing.
Speaker 1: H hit the body bag. I think they can just hit a female and.
Speaker 2: She's you know, it's wild, right, she's a friend.
Speaker 1: I want to say frail, but you know, she's thin and I don't know how tall she I'm big.
Speaker 2: No, no, not put your hands on them, not put your hands on anybody. I start there, but do not. And he dragged her. Like when I saw that, I was like, oh my god, I'm okay. We could go on forever. Let's starts. I'm about to get upset, even more upset. But like, ladies, don't Definitely, if you ever even get an inkling of that, just leave, Just turn around and don't ever look back ever ever ever? Can we get into the Kelly Roland of it all? Because she is my favorite, She is my new fa faith for writ because she is doing things that I wish I have I have done in the past.
Speaker 1: You haven't.
Speaker 2: Well I've let a lot slide, yeah, but she ain't let nothing slide. And I am here for it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So Kelly Rowland was at the Cans Film Festival, which I guess.
Speaker 1: Is in can France, France.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's not in La that would And she was a friend and she's like on the red carpet and they're taking pictures of her, Oh Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, And apparently a security guard was trying to move her.
Speaker 1: Right like usher her through parably rushing her and yes, pushing on her and write all of that.
Speaker 2: And so someone on the TikTok did like, we're gonna we're gonna read her lips and say and I believe everything, And she was like, bitch, get the fuck up off me. You don't know who the hell I am, but I'm gonna let you know. My name is Kelly freaking Rolling, God damn it. And you will not touch me and you will not talk to me like a child, because that I am not. I'm a grown ass woman, a beautiful one at that. Yeah, that's what Kelly said. And I am here for it, Yes, no, I'm here for it. First of all, we know that the French are rude, yeah, really rude.
Speaker 1: And but but when they're dealing with Americans, yeah, Americans and celebrities, like they need to know like, no, you need to simmer down. Yeah, you can't talk to people just any type of way.
Speaker 2: No, you cannot, and like, and I know that everybody wants to use their authority, their little power that they have in the moment, stop it.
Speaker 1: Right and the like, if she wants to take her time, her time, she shoved and wave and whatever. Let her do it.
Speaker 2: She's a queen. She's gonna walk when she wants to walk. And this is the thing. Kelly Rowland has been on a million red carpets. She knows the routine. She knows what to do. You don't have to usher her through aggressively. She will get to the top of the steps when she feels like it.
Speaker 1: Right right, But she told her off. I wonder if the lady understood what she was saying, though maybe not.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 1: Because you know, when you get to tell someone off, you're talking really fast. So if this lady is not fluent in English, she's probably like, I don't know what the hell you're saying.
Speaker 2: Well, this was actually a viral moment, so I'm sure someone has told her in English what say?
Speaker 1: Yes? The end?
Speaker 2: Now, I do want to get to the real Housewilves of Beverly Hills, Okay, because I just found out that I don't know. I don't want to say her no wrong, but Bozama is that right?
Speaker 1: I don't know she is.
Speaker 2: She's a new housewife. Do you know who this woman is? So she is like the bomb?
Speaker 1: Oh really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? She like was I think the CEO of Uber at one time. I'm gonna I'm gonna look at the things of the things that she has done. But she's like legit, like a real boss. She's been the present. Oh Bozama, Saint John, Saint John, hold on, if we had Carli here, she would do this for us.
Speaker 1: But Carli is not here. Okay, she's forty seven, Okay.
Speaker 2: She she's married.
Speaker 1: I think she has a girl.
Speaker 2: She's a marketing degree, executive entrepreneur, and author of a memoir, and she's a former global CMO of Netflix. She I'm gonna say she worked at Uber, but I'm just I don't know that's true. I want to say she has been running a whole lot of ship.
Speaker 1: For a whole long time. She's a bad bitch.
Speaker 2: She's a bad bitch. She's a boss, loss bitch. She's all the things. And it actually shocked me to see that she would get into the housewife of it all because housewives crazy. I just was like, that's not in my mind. I'm thinking that's not her lane. But I don't know this woman.
Speaker 1: Do we know her connection or I guess through I don't know any of those.
Speaker 2: I don't know maybe Sutton, because Sutton is very much dabbled in all kinds of businesses. Maybe garcel I can't see Dared or Kyle or Erica knowing her.
Speaker 1: But that's interesting. That's a different type of person for that show, like an accomplished business woman, totally accomplished business, highly accomplished.
Speaker 2: I've seen her in person at party and she's beautiful, so like her skin is like glass.
Speaker 1: I did see it. Like I'm not familiar with her, but I've read this she's Ghanian. So she's Ghana, yes, which is cool. So now we have the first Ghanian housewife.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well traveled, well spoken, she is. She's that that girl. Now how she's gonna translate or housewives?
Speaker 1: We'll see, Yeah, that's that. I'm curious, like where how do we how does that translate? Is she fitting in with the group and what's her connection and all that? But maybe Kathy.
Speaker 2: Hilton, because Kathy Hilton is I feel like, has a strong business connection side.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, who knows, I don't know who knows. We find out.
Speaker 2: Were about to see. As a matter of fact, I'm very curious. I'm gonna call my people over there, get to tea because you know people, I do know people I'm gonna get to tea. I'm not gonna tell y'all to tea, but I'm gonna get to seek. Yeah, I'm just gonna hold it. You know how you hold tea in your backpacket for a long time. Yeah, there's a lot that we do. Speaking of tea, I had, I did have some tea. It'll come to me, okay, But we have We have so many questions that people have written up, and I want to do these right here. What isn't this the ask us anything? Yes, guys, we haven't done asked us anything in a long time.
Speaker 1: So dun dun no North dun.
Speaker 2: Durm it's now time for ask us anything.
Speaker 1: Yes. So like a few weeks ago, we actually put a question on our Instagram to ask us anything Yes, and now we're answering the questions. Yes, okay, I want to answer this one first, and said the Pink pop box, Hey, Pink Pop Box, that is such a tongue twister.
Speaker 2: Yes, but he right, he or she? I don't know if it's a man I want Okay, writes us all the time, I love yes.
Speaker 1: And supports Yeah, says how is the war against those Gosh darn deer going, Oh that's me. Well, do you have answer? I need advice because I don't know if you notice the deer when you walk up, you probably haven't noticed the deer have been walking all through my flower beds in front of my house, on my walkway, And so the mulch gets.
Speaker 2: Oh, I did see that all in the middle of my sidewalk. I didn't know what that was.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I'll I'll see there's a bunch of mults on my side on my walkway. I'll go and sweep it up. The next day it's a whole bunch of mult on my side sidewalk. And then so I just left it alone. My landscaper cleaned it up last time.
Speaker 2: He was here, your landscaper, and then my boyfriend Yes, yes, shaboo.
Speaker 1: And then and then this morning it's there again. I'm like, these damn ye deer, I need them, like okay, the sour spring work. Yes.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're shady because you don't listen to me. I told you I have not seen a deer since I put that ship down. Really, yes, okay, So what you do is I use zest zest. Okay, takes zest and it's very easy. You think it's it's gonna be hard to do, but it's not. I took a cheese greater, I grated up the zest, and then I just sprinkled that thing everywhere, especially if there's any bushes that that the deer have been eating. Hinely put it around there. But just like put it all over your flower bed, you will not see a deer. Okay, them jokers do not like it. Good, all right, I'm sick of them.
Speaker 1: It's like I hate them. Yes, we're not friends, and I'm so mad. My camera never picks them up because I just want to like boo, like scare them, you know what I'm saying, like get away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I've done that. I've like on my camera, I've like screamed at them. They just look at me and just keep Really they are the worst. Yes, it's like crazy parties.
Speaker 1: I have flowers that they're supposed to not like, like my landscape are intentionally Yeah, the flowers out there because deer don't like those flowers. Yes, they now eat them.
Speaker 2: Yes, Amazon dot Com get get what. I buy a box of four, I mean, I'm sorry, a box of nine.
Speaker 1: It's like nine in a pack. That you buy. Yeah, I grate all that stuff up. Oh, like, so how many bars did you.
Speaker 2: I put out? Like I'm about to do it again, but I put out maybe like.
Speaker 1: Six bar? Four bars? Oh rate it up? Nice. I have a nice little bucket.
Speaker 2: And I just sprinkle really yeah, okay, you will not see a deer. Okay, this is a test to see.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a couple of things.
Speaker 2: So one question from k aggress a eight best advice to deal with annoying coworkers. Well, Robin and I have a lot of experience with annoying co workers.
Speaker 1: But ours is different because like we're like forced to deal with them.
Speaker 2: Any any job situation, you're forced to deal with the co workers.
Speaker 1: True, but you're you're not forced to like hang out with them and like, well, when you're not working, oh right, and eat and dine and break bread with these people. Yes, and travel right, right, and travel and go to parties and go to parties, invite and invite them over.
Speaker 2: Like ah, but I find that you can you can always try to find common ground and a commonality with annoying people. I'm not big on listening to people talk about nothing right, small talk, small talk, disgusting. How about when you're talking about your boring life and you think it's not boring horrible?
Speaker 1: So I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't like any of it. And but I've decided that some people actually like that. Yes, So I've just you know, tried to deal with it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember when I was working in an office setting, when I used to work at under Armoured Corporate and Otis Elevator Corporate, and when I worked in that setting and I would come in for you know, in the morning, yeah, on a Monday, and they'd be like and just random people will just walk up to me and be like, yeah, hey, how was your weekend? And I'm like, what do you know?
Speaker 2: Like get away?
Speaker 1: But I'm like, my weekend was great because I wasn't here. What even if I did nothing, it was amazing. What do you mean how was my weekend? Like?
Speaker 2: What? Yeah, that's stupid small talk that you don't want.
Speaker 1: I could not. I was like, I'm like looking at him, like I can't believe you just asked me a dumb ask question. What do you mean? How is my weekend? It's amazing?
Speaker 2: The hell it's better than being here, damn it. Oh my god, did you ever ask them back like, well, how was your no?
Speaker 1: No, never.
Speaker 2: That's a good trick though, if you don't want to answer them, you'd be like, well how was yours?
Speaker 1: Right, be like I don't I can't really remember how is yours?
Speaker 2: And they will get to talking, right, and just to them out. I am a master and listening to people talk and I don't hear a word.
Speaker 1: They say, I don't hear anything. See, I can't that. I'm not good at that. I did that.
Speaker 2: Actually last week two days ago, I was like this chick won't stop talking and I'm not listening. But everybody around me who knows me knows just not listening.
Speaker 1: No, didn't hear one word, but I do think. Okay, So instead of saying how is your weekend? Ask what did you do this weekend? Right? You know what I'm saying, because I think that how is your weekend? Is like, oh, okay, it's great. But if you ask, and if you want, if you want to get to know someone better or foster you know, some type of interaction, then you have to frame your questions so that they're more open ended. Yes, right, so say what did you do this weekend? Right? Instead of I think you should teach a class small talk class small yes, small talk, want on want hate it. But to deal with co workers, I mean annoying coworkers, what do you say, like, just well, you said find common ground. Yes, I say kill them with kindness. Oh, definitely kill them with kindness. Yeah yeah, and just yeah, they might be annoying and all that, but I think it's better if you just kill them with kindness and keep it going, because if you allow them to frustrate you more and more and more, then your experience is worse and worse and worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you want to whatever is that you're doing job wise, you want to be able to enjoy it.
Speaker 1: So just you know, and just realize it's a job and you're going home and yeah it's temporary.
Speaker 2: Concentrate on the check, yeah, yeah, contentrate on that bank account.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So somebody asked me. They said, Hampton University, where one of my daughters is going to school, it's forty thousand dollars a year. And they ask were the twins able to get some of those new scholarships that the new president created. Apps of freaking lutely, Hampton for my daughter is not forty thousand dollars. It is about half of that. And I can't speak for Angel and Grace Door got her little scholarship, so and I don't know if you apply for the Yeah, there's a bunch of scholarships out there for college kids to apply for, right and let's just keep it, keep it and grants and all that they have to do their research. Definitely apply for all of them. You might get some of it. Any amount off of tuition is a blessing. Tuition is expensive. Tuition for is that's a real number.
Speaker 1: And did you did your parents pay for your college? Yeah? Yeah, and so did mine. And I'm like that was such a blessing. I mean, so that's huge. Like I'm as a parent whose kids are you know, will be in college soon, I'm like, yeah, y'all better keep shooting that basket that ball, putting that ball in that basket, but try to get an athletic scholarship because it's a tuition. It's crazy expensive. And it just makes me appreciate my parents more and more and more that they sacrificed to send me to school and instead of me having to take out financial loans, school loans, all that type of stuff like that is a huge blessing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, thank you to my dad. He said, you got four years of my money, honey, so graduate, yes, okay, So I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry that's hard because on top of that, they're thinking about retirement. Well, it's like such a tough spot. It's like us as adults, we're thinking about saving for retirement, and then you're also worrying about putting your kids in college. College a lot, It is a lot.
Speaker 2: And so literally you need to start saving money, yes when you're two.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you do. Yes, And I mean and that's something that like we don't really realize or you know, no matter how many times my parents have told me when I was younger, like oh do this, do this, do this, you don't really realize like why they're telling you until you're kind of at the stage maybe where we are where we're like, oh shit, we got kids in college, we got to retire, like all that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you definitely need to save so and like Gucci Louie product are really not important. No, what's important is kids graduate, I mean, kid's education, your retirement so that you have some funds when you are no longer working and fabulous trips. Yes, the end, right, okay, in that order. And good food, Oh, good food, good food. So Matthew Mayo said, I'm sorry, but Robin face card never declient never never, never, never decline. Yes, Robin Dixon with the face card, thank you perfect.
Speaker 1: I would I would disagree, but I appreciate you. Thank you.
Speaker 2: So it says when exclamation point never, And then they want the skincare routine.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know what I mean. I think it's just important that you do daily skincare. You wash your face at night, you use all of your you know, anti aging serums, your vitamin C, your retinols, your moisturizer, you stay hydrated. Of course, I get facials and botox. Botox is actually a great thing. Botox is your friend. Yes, botoxes your thing. I actually need to go. Yeah, I just saw. I've always been conscious of my skin, and I would like to say the same applies to Jaseelle. I don't know why Matthew only said this about Robin. Matthew, Matthew, the same thing applies to just say okay, because Jazelle's beautiful face is beautiful. Never to face card never declines in the skin is.
Speaker 2: Flawless, Okay, I want to say this before I don't.
Speaker 1: I forget.
Speaker 2: So there's been some changes with like the Apple podcast app. Oh yeah, right, or there's been changes with how you download. Yeah, reason to be shady, I believe.
Speaker 1: So the downloads. So if you have set reasonably Shady to automatically download, you might have to go into the podcast app and reset that because something has There's been like an update to the app, and a lot of the podcasts that you automatically download aren't downloading.
Speaker 2: So you open that app Apple Podcast App, You go to the library, and you select reasonably shady. You tap on the three dots that you know are probably up in the corner or somewhere. You select settings, and under settings you'll toggle on automatic downloads and adjust any other settings or downloads preferences. So you have to do all this and then you'll automatically get it. So you might not be automatically getting it. And a lot of people ask me like, well, how how do I get the podcast? And I'm actually like, I don't know. So I just told y'all how.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 2: Now now I know, yeh, Now you know, yes, And now I know, And I shouldn't say that it's horrible.
Speaker 1: Yes, but if you have an iPhone, you just go to the podcast app, yeah and type in reasonably shady and you'll find it so and then set it to automatically download.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so everybody did do that. And then while you're there, just like review us and tell us, tell the whole world that we're amazing. Yes, Robin Andzel are amazing. Okay, So I don't want to forget this, So going back to botox really quickly, because it is your friend, and I'm a shout out and giving a little shout out little Kean or Stewart.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a conversation with her the other day and she's somebody was talking about botox and she was like, and I told her, I get it like around my eyes, and she was like, okay, but she's that I'm gonna need for you to get it on the sides of your nose and on your forehead and like down your nose. You don't get it on your forehead, not really, because I told her I want people to see mike xprushion, Like if I'm mad at you, I want you to know I'm mad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you want your wrinkles to stay, I know.
Speaker 2: But I don't really have a lot.
Speaker 1: No, you don't have a lot, but you don't want them to continue to get worse. That's the point of botox, that it freezes your wrinkles to prevent them from continuing to get deeper.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, well I'm okay with it right now. Okay, because I said, because she was like, you need to get on your forehead, and I was like, I have a little bit, but I want people. I want my forehead to move. She was like, forehead should never move. And she said what does she say something about around the note like in the corners of your eyes, like down your nose, which I've never done. It is, actually it sounds a bit scary. That does something. Oh oh, I think it stops like any any lines, like maybe across the top of your bridge nose.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's keep it moving. She said, your lips get flat automatically. Everyone's lips get flat. I've never heard that, okay, have you?
Speaker 1: I mean I think everything, we just all of everything that as we get older, Yeah, we lose volume all over in our face.
Speaker 2: But I okay, So all these chicks with these big lips, which you actually frightened me. If I see you with big lips, I mean that with altered big lips. Yes, I want you to know if I'm having a conversation with you, I'm scared. No, I'm scared. I'm actually frightened. I'm thinking about clowns. I really am so so just how I'm terrified. But she said, if you get it on top of your not your lip, but like on top I guess what is that called.
Speaker 1: Your So she's saying a lip flip to do a lip lip? There we go. Okay, how did you know that word? Because I've done it before. But I don't see a difference. I don't know a.
Speaker 2: Lip what's the lip flip? Do you flip your lips up?
Speaker 1: No, it's just supposed It's just it's supposed to. It doesn't flip your lips up. It's just supposed to like lift your lip a little bit. So where do they put the needle. It's kind of like the top line. It's yeah, it's like, yeah, like where you would put It's where you would put lipliner.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what they Oh that's okay. Mine is okay for right now.
Speaker 1: I don't think you need a liip flip.
Speaker 2: She told me I needed a lip flip. I need, She told me, I need all kinds of things in my face. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, like I've never noticed a difference with the lip flip. Only when you get a lip flip, you can't like suck on a straw. You can't whistle. It's like it's like weird. It feels weird.
Speaker 2: So I don't prefer to get a list, there will be no lip flip for me. Yeah, I'll be lip unflipped. Okay, yeah, yeah, but I mean I do. I'm all about like enhancement and you know, if you if you want to do whatever, tweaks whatever, get it done right, get into it, get you.
Speaker 1: Don't afraid of and don't like judge it. You know. I think when you're like altering yourself, like okay, you want to like take it easy, but when you're just kind of like enhancing what you already have or preserving it, nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: Yes, and no to the lip flip for for you.
Speaker 1: For me, you don't need it either. You don't need to eat it. I don't think anyone needs a lip flip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like saying lip flip. Next time I go see my girl, massage and be like, can I get a lip flip? She gonna be like, get your lip flip out of here, Jasell. Anyway, that's our show today. We love you guys so much. Don't ever forget to live your life either.
Speaker 1: Reasonable Oh sure, dude, We're both by.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady