Speaker 1: Wow, everybody, It's Tuesday, March seventeenth, twenty twenty six. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. We're celebrating our Oscar wins. It's me and your man, MG Marcus is Growing, joined by Michael Florio and Lakwan Jones.
Speaker 2: Happy Saint Patrick's Day, Fellas, how are we? Yes?
Speaker 3: I like how you started with the oscars though, man shout out Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan's Big Jersey. Okay, okay, see it's from Jersey. I didn't know that idea.
Speaker 1: I was. So I was telling Florio this on a different show that I once went to the same barber as Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan's. So I feel like I also won an Oscar.
Speaker 3: Yes, in and Out after the cut, Dude, that is a thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know you've only lived in LA for like a couple of years, but that is legitimately a thing that happens, that people win Oscars and then they go to In and Out and they eat.
Speaker 3: I heard Jamie Lee Curtis did it, and so Mother Actors did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's yeah, dope, Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: It is. Actually, it's one of those things that, like you hear about it if you don't live in l A. You hear about it and you think it's sort of like ha ha ha funny, like no, but it's a thing that really happens. It has happened multiple times that somebody will win an Oscar and then they'll go get like a double double. Like you know, there's always a picture of them sitting there eating their hamburger with like this big gold statue next to them.
Speaker 2: It's a thing. Is it the one on in Hollywood? Probably? I mean, because it's just right there. You should have camped out there, Marcus when Michael B. Jordan showed up. You could have been like we out of the same barber once.
Speaker 1: Upon a time, many many, like you know, ten twelve years ago, like yeah, it was. It was actually right after he was in fruit Vale Station, so it's fairly early.
Speaker 3: Oh that was such a good one in his movie.
Speaker 2: Career, which I think was the first movie he did with our guys, Scott Porter worked with Michael B.
Speaker 3: Jordan.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, I know it's you know that show. It's a big Oscar connection because Jesse Plemons, who was in but that was nominated for Best Picture, Uh, was also in Friday Night Lights so.
Speaker 2: He has the worst story of anyone in the show. Though he did he kill a guy. He kills a man, and then they just move on like he just starts playing low.
Speaker 4: They're like, you know what, We're gonna put you on the most popular team out here.
Speaker 1: Whatever, don't worry about it. We got news to talk about. We'll get into that a little bit. Also, we figured since the bulk of free agency is done that it was.
Speaker 2: A good time for us to do a mock draft.
Speaker 1: We'll just kind of do it between the three of us be able to do three rounds right, twelve teams, so we can each sort of pretend to be four teams.
Speaker 2: I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll do We'll do a mock draft rounds one through three and sort of figure out that where guys are slotting. At some point we will do a big, full, honest to goodness mock draft. We'll get a whole lot of people from the industry. We'll do that together. But right now, it's kind of a quick pulse or a check of the pulse. I guess on what we think is going to be. But first let's start with some news, because things have happened literally this morning. Things have happened just before we started recording this show, the biggest of them being the Dolphins are trading Jalen Waddle to the Denver Broncos. Four picks, a handful of picks, including the Broncos first round pick in twenty twenty six. Obviously it's going to be a late round pick with Denver getting all the way to the AFC Championship Game. But the first question to you, Michael le f Florio, how do you feeling about Malik Willis?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: This hurts, Like I think it's a good thing for Jalen Wattle, And like last week I went on Insiders and I was like, despite like hounding the table for Malik Willis, I don't really want to draft his weapons, you know, Like I think he is going to be better for Fantasy than his playmakers around him. Now it's like what I mean, tu tuo atwill Is his wide receiver one Malik Washington, Like I get it there. I know we were talking before the show like they feel like a lock to take a while receiver early in the draft now, but yeah, they're as I saw Greg Rosenthal tweet out on Twitter, they're putting difficulty mode to the max for Elie Willis, and this is kind of a one year proven deal to him, So I think I want to know if he knew this was coming or not when he decided to sign there, because I don't think he could have went to Arizona where they had McBride and Marvin Harrison Junior and Michael Wilson, so.
Speaker 2: That should have been his first option.
Speaker 4: Yes, I still like Willis, and I think he'll go even cheaper now in drafts if I could draft him as a QB two. I think he's worth the upside shot there, but it's hard to feel great about the passing numbers you're going to get, given it the system is not really proven and none of his pass catchers are as well.
Speaker 1: I mean, I had some concerns about Malik Willis just because you know, the sample size that we have of him is so low.
Speaker 2: It's so small. Mike Sanier, who does a lot of great.
Speaker 1: Analytics stuff and analyzing I should say, film study kind of stuff, then it wrote an article that basically you just said, look between you take out all the screens and sort of bubble bubble screens and swing passes, there are approximately sixty downfield throws.
Speaker 2: Now, he was very complimentary.
Speaker 1: He was hopeful that Malik Willis could really blossom there in Miami. He also wrote that article before they traded Jalen Jalen Waddles, So I don't know how he feels about that now, and that concerns me because the thing I've always said with a guy like any sort of mobile quarterback is yes, we love the running upside, but that guy also needs to put up least competent passing numbers for him to really be a fantasy relevant option. Now you take away the best receiver you had there. And yeah, we wait to see who they draft and how that player fits in. But this is a huge blow to any excitement I think we had for Mark Willis.
Speaker 4: If you took off Willis and a Chan, is there another player offense or defense that gets you excited on it like they are the worst team in football?
Speaker 3: To two hours, that's my guy, second round, the loyalty second rounder. To two hours, not playing with him, I'm you know what here is?
Speaker 2: In are my draft? I need you to the three rounds.
Speaker 1: I need you to take to two and great georch somewhere along the way.
Speaker 3: No, no, and no.
Speaker 2: In the first round.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: No, we're going in the first three rounds. Man, why y'all playing.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just asking so.
Speaker 1: But on the other side, because you know, and we all are bow leievers to some extent, but uh, Lakwan, you're probably the biggest.
Speaker 2: Bowl liever there. Uh, this is huge for bow Knicks getting this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you you you obviously love the move for bow Knicks and having more weapons. Courtland Sutton, I do have some concerns on like how we address him in the drafts and is he a wide receiver to high in wide receiver two?
Speaker 2: Like he was very.
Speaker 3: Underwhelming last year in some games, but he's still finished outside the top twenty. But Wattle, he comes in as the speetzer guy, Like they'll be able to attack downfield as much as they want. Like we see them having Troy Franklin and Marvin Mims kind of do the same thing. It looks like Sean Payton taught them how to do diffusion dance and they turned into Jaylen Waddle. So it's more so looking at like, Okay, but you got a spezer that could stretch the field, and you add another weapon after the catch, and I think we kind of look like Corton sudden he's the odd man left out because again outside the top twenty and then where does he go now? I don't see it improving. I think this is the biggest threat he's had in house since Jerry Judy was in the building, right Like I think this is a bigger threat having Jaylen Wattle.
Speaker 1: We thought Jerry Judy was going to be a threat, and that never really had material.
Speaker 3: He kind of was in terms of target competition because those two years with Russell Wilson they were only spread apart by a couple targets. So it's like now that pie is going to be cut, He's not going to be getting one hundred and twenty one hundred and forty targets.
Speaker 1: The problem for me now is that the wide receiver room there is sort of muddled because Cortland Sutton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a threat.
Speaker 1: It's gonna take targets away from him, but he's not going away because he's probably the most versatile of all the receivers that they previously had there. There's still, I would believe, an effort to get Marvin Mims more involved, to get Troy Franklin more involved, to get.
Speaker 2: Pat Bryant more involved. So now you're looking at five viable receiver options and you know Evan Ingram, Evan Ingram is still there for what that's worth. I mean again, Evan Ingram's.
Speaker 1: Not a guy I'm drafting, But Evan Ingram's a guy who could take enough targets to wreck somebody else's year.
Speaker 2: Right, That's sort of what it is.
Speaker 1: And we know Sean Payton is the smartest man in the room because he insists on proving it to us on a weekly basis every year. This is gonna be a really difficult wide receiver group. Like I don't know if Florida this feels like, well, you know what we talk about it, like we talked about Trevor Lawrence in the past, and we talked about CJ.
Speaker 2: Shroud in the past. Where I don't think I want any.
Speaker 1: Of these receivers necessarily, but maybe this all sort of coalesces around the quarterback again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do think it's a really good thing for bo Nicks.
Speaker 4: Wattle on a number of metrics was would be by far the best Broncos receiver last season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think the numbers show that.
Speaker 4: And I think we all just believe that, right, Like we watched them play and where like, yeah, Jalen Waddle is better than everyone that they had on their roster last year. The issue that I have because I agree, I think it helps bo Nicks, it makes him, I would say, it elevates his floor and his ceiling because he just got a number, a new number one pass catcher there.
Speaker 2: But on top of that, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know if I'm going to really be in on Jalen Waddle for what you guys were saying, right, Not only do they have a lot of options there. Remember last season, like I know, the Broncos finished seventh in past play percentage, but.
Speaker 2: It never really felt that way, Like it was always like.
Speaker 4: All right, we're gonna not let bo Nicks er it out until we absolutely have to late in games and stuff. So does that change my thinking with Wattle is There'll be weeks where I will hate myself for not drafting him. There might be a stretch where for like five six weeks he looks like a wide receiver one. But I think at the end of the day he'll have up and down weeks a lot like everyone else on Denver did last year. And I'm kind of sitting here like is he a top twenty wide receiver? I think he will settle in top twenty. But I'm looking at all these other names there and I'm like, I'm not gonna be the one most likely going after Jalen Model.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I second that because when you start looking at that top twenty list and it's like, okay, so where does Wattle fit? Because I think, honestly, looking at Courtland Sudden these past two seasons, he's probably hit his ceiling like he's a seven to eight touchdown guy, barely worth a thousand yards, a bunch of targets and seventy catches right that comes down, So it's like Wattle will probably be there, you know what I mean? Hitting that ceiling ads right outside the top twenty.
Speaker 2: I'm just say so, say, how bo Knicks? Who else do you want in Denver? RJ? Harvey? Do you know? I mean? JK. Dobbins is back?
Speaker 3: He almost had six Well, look he had fifty eight targets last year. Right, we see in the back end of the season where he carried a bunch of fantasy managers to the championship, we know he gained momentum. The chemistry, the second year, it's going to be one of those seasons where we're gonna see a lot more of R. J. Harvey.
Speaker 2: They know what JK.
Speaker 3: Dobbins is. I think we do, honestly, because it's like the way he finished that back in without JK. We're like, oh, Okay, this is the guy that we know he can be. We can get him into that RB two range where he can be viable every single week. Like I think, at the end of the day, we're looking at somebody that has the talent and is in position to be able to produce.
Speaker 1: But seeing the way they used him in the playoffs makes me think that they're not so Again that part why they brought back JK.
Speaker 2: Dobbins.
Speaker 1: I mean, we saw them trying mixing and matching other guys, getting Jealil McLoughlin touches and stuff in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: That didn't give me a level of confidence.
Speaker 3: About he has his limitations right, and everybody was screaming, oh he's a loser out of free agency. How nothing changed. It's still JK. Dobbins. They didn't go out there and get it Ken Walker. They got JK. Dobbins, who was there last year, And I think we saw r J. Harvey's limitations, right, but he's still that home run hitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like, but when Dobbins was there, he was purely big player, touchdown relyant, you know, like the floor was very low.
Speaker 2: And that's what.
Speaker 4: Concerns me, is him being that again, right, like not someone, Look, if he's gonna get a ding in ADP because of Dobbins, I'll be buying because I agree with LQ.
Speaker 2: I really like the talent that is RJ.
Speaker 4: Harvey, the explosiveness, the catchability out of the backfield.
Speaker 3: But you know what I'm about to slide in with.
Speaker 4: But reading that he leaves, I'm not sure that Sean Payton feels the same way that we do.
Speaker 3: I'm sliding. I'm sliding in Trayvon Tray. I'm sliding in Tray Travion. Are you drafting him?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: Taking Travion? Yo, you are a sick man. Was like compared to RJ last year, it was I mean, he went for over a thousand yards and double digit touchdown.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen, I'm telling you, man, RJ. Harvey second year, he's going to be exactly what we want him to be. I just I are you telling that to us? Or to Sean Payton. I'm telling that to the fantasy streets and everybody listening.
Speaker 2: You need to be going, that's Sean Payton.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I'm saying that like seriously, Like again, yes, we see the talent, we see the explosiveness, but if he's gonna get the Marvin Mims treatment where it's just like every week on Sunday. But Sean Payton's like, man, we should we should really give RJ. Harvey the ball, right, Like you have control over.
Speaker 2: That, you know.
Speaker 4: So, like throughout this since their season ended, there's been a lot of like they want to upgrade their running back spot. They're tied to that, and then they bring Dobbins back. But I'm just like, I keep putting it on Twitter like I want r J. Harvey to be the one, and I keep getting responses like even his own team doesn't want him to be the one, And I'm like, I hate to admit it, but you might be right.
Speaker 2: Which you might be right. You really might be right.
Speaker 1: In New York, the Giants signing Darnell Mooney to a one year deal with up to ten million dollars. Darnam we a good player, good player when he's healthy. We found out, you know, midway or late in the year last year that hey, maybe he wasn't healthy and that's why he wasn't putting up his best numbers. But the question becomes, LQ, you know my league Neighbors is going to be back healthy, They go and sign is isaa likely camp Scataboo is going to be back? Are there enough targets to go around in New York for Darnell Mooney to be viable?
Speaker 3: I would say yes, because if you go back to that twenty twenty four season, right, you named all these you know, skill positions, the running back who saw targets, which is you know, camp Scatiboo, whoever they draft, and then you look as a likely that could be Kyle Pitts. In sense twenty twenty four, he was a solid flex play week to week. It was kind of just like Yo, Mooney's pretty solid, and I think when he's healthy he's able to stretch the fields a to be a wide receiver too. I think this will be a nice compliment for Neighbors, who's returning back from injury, and I think Mooney has something to prove because again, he was banged up all summer all season, it's like he never really got on track to be healthy. So I think this is a great opportunity for him to go out there and do what he did in twenty twenty four, Like he generated over one hundred targets there and with the same names that we're talking about with Pitts, with Biejeon, with Drake London, et cetera. So I think he's going to have the opportunity to step up and probably be in that wide receiver three or four or even the flex range went on a week to week basis, if he's going to be that twelve to thirteen fantasy points for the game type of wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's basically they swap out jan Dale Robinson and they put in Darnell Mooney in that spot, which which it's.
Speaker 3: Not bad, not bad.
Speaker 2: Mondell was solid last year.
Speaker 3: He was he before that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I said, I don't I don't hate to move. I think it kind of works out.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 3: You got something against short kings bro not even that tall Marcus Stop, he's pretty tall.
Speaker 1: I said, like one Dale Robinson, he just sort of radicalized me against full point PPR.
Speaker 2: He's like the latest in the line that's all.
Speaker 1: Usage staying in the NFC East. The Eagles make it a couple of moves. They bring you back Dallas Goddards on a one year deal. They also and this again just happened just before we started recording this show, they signed Hollywood Brown to a one year, ten million dollar deal.
Speaker 2: Florio, either of these things moved the needle for you. It all depends on Aj Brown, right, Like, if if.
Speaker 4: Aj Brown is there, I think Dallas got it remains what he's been the last two years, which is a fringe Titan one tight end two who will who's very touchdown reliant. We'll have some weeks where he scores and he pops, will have a lot of other weeks where he doesn't get a touchdown and you're looking at single digit fantasy points. And then Markui's Brown, I think, comes in and plays that wide receiver three role that we know the Eagles love. Like it's been Jalen Rager in the past. It's been they've rotated that spot, but they really like someone who could stretch the field there and just take some defensive attention away to kind of open up stuff for the other two. I think, look, I'm a sucker for Marquis Brown. I still think he could play, but I don't think he's a redraft guy, right. I think he's like a best ball guy where you're you're hoping for that week where he catches like a fifty plus yard touchdown.
Speaker 2: There will be games like that.
Speaker 4: Jalen Hurts has a good deep ball, like we are going to see that happen. Good luck predicting when though, So that that is why I think it's all better in best ball for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trying to figure out the weeks to have him in the lineup and just be a headache. So redraft leagues don't. I don't think I'm gonna bother. You know, he's a new Johan Dotson, Like yeah, man, right the game I.
Speaker 2: Was trying to think of, I was like, who's their wide receiver three that they like? Yeah, he's a new Johan Dotson.
Speaker 1: Like when it hits, it'll look decent when, but most weeks that you know, you're looking at like a six point game or something, and that's just not going to be fun.
Speaker 3: If they're looking for a slot guy, they should just sign Greg Dortch. I mean why not. I mean he would be.
Speaker 1: Able to that's not going to make me want to draft that position more. I would draft him. I would draft him.
Speaker 3: Have fun doors right, bring them back, bring him back home.
Speaker 1: I think I think they should have won two punch since you love them so much. To be Greg Dortch and too too out.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, he had a short stint with us. It didn't work out, so he went to the Cardinals. But I think, honestly, your room's a little full right now. We're going to be drafting a wide receiver as well.
Speaker 2: I mean, you love these guys so much.
Speaker 3: I love them.
Speaker 1: Make the pitch to less Sneeze that they need to bring them back. Bring him back in the phone.
Speaker 2: You should write one note to them every day until they sign him. Right, No, you know that's what it should be. Good, all right, the block me. We are going to.
Speaker 1: Tell you the guys that we really love as we start a three round mock draft, twelve teams, three guys, twelve teams three into one leaves something weird like that, I have no idea stick around. Let's come up next year on the other Fantasy football podcast. Time to put together our three round mind draft. Now that we are through the heavy part of free agency and sort of see how we feel about guys uh at this point in the off season. So we did a really scientific method in the break and we came up with Lakwan's going first, Floyda is going second, and I'm taking the third pick.
Speaker 2: We'll make this a snake draft so that I.
Speaker 1: Guess that means I get back to backs at the end of round one, start of round two. Blah blah blah blah blah. All right, so Lakwan Jones, you are now on the clock. Who was the one dot one for you?
Speaker 3: Should I take it all the way down to the last second?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Please, don't.
Speaker 3: Take it all the way down then the last seconds.
Speaker 1: That is so frustrating to be like because you know, you know the raiders are going to do that, right and like we know must.
Speaker 2: Say, I'm pretty sure the networks tell them to do that.
Speaker 1: Oh, because everybody's going to get their a little you know, ha ha ha.
Speaker 2: And there to the ridders do like.
Speaker 4: Think about it, if they immediately came out and took their pick, we wouldn't get to hear about the saddest thing to happen in Mendolz's life, right, you know.
Speaker 2: Plus we get you know, we gotta get a shot.
Speaker 1: I'm sure if Tom Brady on the phone with somebody and blah blah, yeah, yeah, so it was any others. Don't don't do that. Just tell USHO you're picking, all right.
Speaker 3: So I think the debate, honestly, at one on one is gonna be Gibbs or Bijon. And again we've said on this pot plenty of times it don't matter. So I'm gonna go Gibbs one one.
Speaker 2: All right, So Jamior Gibbs is the first one off the board.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, I know where you're going with. I'm just gonna start writing it in now, but you go on ahead.
Speaker 4: Whichever one ol Q didn't take I was gonna take. So he took Gibbs, who I also would have took at one, so I'll take it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So there you go. So at number three an easy choice for me. I'm gonna take Pook and a Kua at the number three spot.
Speaker 2: So uh, Lookwan, it.
Speaker 3: Is back to you at four, Jamaar Chase right there. I think that's the spot. You know, you can go either or there as well.
Speaker 1: All right, So we got the two running backs, two wide receivers off the board the Florida Where you want to go at number five?
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I kind of hate the fifth pick, but I will go JSN all right, makes it feel a little bit scarier, but I still believe in his talent.
Speaker 1: All right, So Jackson Smith and Jigba is the number five pick off the board.
Speaker 3: Already?
Speaker 2: What do you mean you already? Now? I'm no, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not taking who if you get paying Christian mccaffre, I'm not taking Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I mean I made it clear that I am not on board with CMC as a first round pick this year.
Speaker 3: He's on your L's list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: I mean if that's going to be the asking price for him, then yeah, he is going to be on on the L's list for me. So I think for me at number six, I'm gonna go. I don't know if this is a reach or not, but I'm gonna take I'm on Ross Saint Brown here at this point.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, that's not the sexy pick, but that's the right pick.
Speaker 1: But it's like he's the guy who every year he falls to like late first, early second, and he still you know, puts up top five wide receiver numbers. So at some point, at some point, like don't we have to sort of draft him as such if that's what he's going to continue to do.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I'm gonna take ours book. You're spot you know, yeah, uh okay, So then Lakwan, it's back to you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take justin Jefferson.
Speaker 2: Why are you saying that's so sad.
Speaker 3: Because I'm still a little on sure about Kyler, But I think this is an upgrade at quarterback, so we can hope that you know, him being funneled a massive amount of targets that he can produce with these targets and they're valuable.
Speaker 1: Is this is this why we have the Kyler conversation because I feel this is a good spot.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is a good spot to have the Kyler conversation.
Speaker 1: We should let's do it because we're all just locked into this. Yeah, like, okay, he's an upgrade over JJ McCarthy, but that doesn't feel like it's saying.
Speaker 2: A whole lot.
Speaker 1: And everybody's like, well Koc is a quarterback, whisper, Well, he's a quarterback, whisper, Why is JJ McCarthy so bad? Why are we moving on from JJ McCarthy if he's a quarterback, whisper? Is he just that bad of a talent? Are we sure we haven't already seen the best of Kyler? Like I know, we keep holding on it like he's running like he ran for eight hundred yards in twenty twenty, Like, I don't know, at some point, can.
Speaker 2: We just admit that maybe he's mid with a little bit of mobility.
Speaker 3: I would say this, he's accurate, Like he doesn't have a season under sixty percent of the completion rate, and I think that matters. Where As you're looking at JJ McCarthy, it's kind of Anthony Richardson, like, right, it's not there, Like you're not completing.
Speaker 2: About without the massive arm strength.
Speaker 3: Yead like it's just not there. So I think, honestly, I'm just hoping that the ball can go into justin Jeffers's hands. I don't care where at on the field, just make sure he catches it. And that's one point in PPR format.
Speaker 2: I think, just Kyle, I.
Speaker 4: Agree, Kyler might just be mid, but that might be a huge upgrade over what they had last season throwing because.
Speaker 3: We're going from bad to mid that the gap is like this, like you can't see it on screen.
Speaker 2: We've also seen him produced with Nick Mullens. We've seen him produce with the passion now like it and on to it. Like last year was a bad year.
Speaker 4: For Justin Jefferson. He put up one thousand and fifty yards. It was the two touchdowns that really dragged him down. He had one hundred and forty targets. Still, like I do agree. I think he is a first round pick as well, and I think Kyler has him pointing up. But more than anything, I just think last year was I think he also had his worst year, Like he had some bad drops and stuff, and I think part of that was because he was just so frustrated with.
Speaker 3: He didn't practice all summer either with a hamstring injury. So it's like it's just a terrible season.
Speaker 2: I didn't that didn't make his hands man and J. J. McCarthy was in and out, remember like.
Speaker 4: He got hurt right away and then he had he was playing through like broken bones in his hands.
Speaker 1: Like I was going back and forth on on Blue Sky with our pal broto Pat Pat Doherty and he brought up the point to do we maybe overrate the fact that Kevin O'Connell got a few usable weeks out of Nick Mullins and Potentia and Josh Dobbs and what have you, Like, I mean, you know, we went through a stretch where Taylor Heineke was fantasy viable, right, I mean Sam Howell was fantasy viable, like at some point, like maybe guys just catch fire for a few weeks and maybe it's not always the coach.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I just got a tape on them and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I just you know, I know we have we have crowned Kevin O'Connell, this bona fide quarterback whisper, and then like for him to fail so spectatlely with JJ McCarthy is like, all right, maybe he just had dudes who just figured it out, Like did did koc.
Speaker 2: Make Sam Darlan who he was?
Speaker 1: Or did Kyle Shanahan figure something out that one year he was a backup in San Francisco? Like Kyler's gonna I think illuminate a lot of things for us about Kevin O'Connell and what he does.
Speaker 2: I think he's starting with the higher base point though with Kyler, like.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true. Yeah, that's true. No argument for me on that one. So all right, I feel like we'll have more conversations about Kyler, but yeah, I feel like I feel like this is critical to the Justin Jefferson draft price, right, is what we think about Kyler, Murray, Kevin O'Connell and that offense. And you know, we just all sort of roundly declared like it's great again, and I'm like, I don't know. I mean, maybe it's just me with too much time on my hands and you know, thinking a little bit too much, but like maybe maybe it's not. What if it's not, I don't know. All right, So at number eight, Florio, it is back to you. We've got we had two running backs come off the board, and then we've gone on a wide receiver run five straight since then? Do you keep that going or do you go back to running back?
Speaker 4: No, I'm gonna keep it going. I'm gonna go with the You only need two emojis to spell his name. C. D.
Speaker 2: Lamb. I think Lamb might.
Speaker 4: Be being a little bit underrated, And I know it's hard to say that as a first round pick, but This is a guy who the last couple of years has been going top five, top six, right, it's been like Jefferson Chase, Ceedee Lamb or the Big Three. Last year wasn't the best year for him, but we did see him come on strong at the end. He's got clear chemistry with Dak Prescott and the Cowboys team kind of feels I know they've made some improvements to that defense, but it does very much so feel like it's gonna be similar to last year, where Dak's gonna have to air it out a bunch, and I think we could see I know last year for much of the stretch, like Pickens was kind of the one having the field day. I think defenses are gonna adjust now and give him even more attention this year, which, like CD Lamb in the slot, could be such a cheat code. I can never quit this guy. I truly believe he is one of the best talents still walking the planet. So even coming off a quote unquote down year, give me all the CD Lamb.
Speaker 1: All right, So we've got what six or seven wide receivers in our late one two or six six wide receivers in a row after the first two picks off the board.
Speaker 2: Are running back.
Speaker 1: So now I'm sitting here at nine, and I got thoughts, and I'm looking at a couple of different.
Speaker 2: Names, and I'm not sure where to go, and so.
Speaker 1: I think I may go back on what I just said a little bit earlier in this round, and I do think maybe this is the Christian McCaffrey spot here at number nine.
Speaker 2: It feels right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's mostly just based on the names that are still on the board at this point. I just he's not going to get the same number of touches as he did last year, in part because they just I don't think they can afford to load him up with that number of touches.
Speaker 2: But also, you know, them bringing in Mike Evans, them bringing in.
Speaker 1: For whatever, Christian Kirk, for whatever, that's worth having many games they get out of Christian Kirk. You know, I think you're going to see Brian Robinson get an expanded role this year to sort of keep some of the pressure off of McCaffrey. I don't see you can see him getting that level of touches. But again, I think when you look at the range of outcomes for him, especially compared to some of the other names off the board, there was one other name that I really seriously considered. I would imagine he's going to go probably in the next couple of picks, so I'm not going to say it, but he does feel kind of like the best option here. So this sort of like is like, I guess, splitting the difference with where I would like.
Speaker 2: To take him with where I think he's going to go.
Speaker 3: That was me last year. Then I remembered he's a freak athlete. He's in that tier, so I think he'll have a similar season. But again, he's on your l's list, so you can't get any flack about it.
Speaker 2: So it's okay, I appreciate that. Just back to you, Lakwan at number ten, Where do you want to go here?
Speaker 3: All right, y'all know where I'm going, man, Chrys o'lava, what are we doing? I'm taking them? Okay, come on, yes, I think that's where I will be comfortable taking him. And again this is obviously with Kyler Murray readjusting and everything with Justin Jefferson, So I think he will be, you know, up there in the rinks.
Speaker 2: That's a big glow up for Chrys o'lave making it into the top ten in drafts. That's a huge growth, man, that's a huge glow up.
Speaker 1: So all right, so we are still looking at a ton of wide receivers off the board in the first round. I don't think I don't think that's a surprise. I think that's how most drafts are going to go. We got three running backs gone, seven wide receivers gone.
Speaker 2: Florio, you are at number eleven.
Speaker 4: What would you like to do the name that I thought LQ was going to say, I will say for him, Big Jersey, gimme John Taylor. Because we were talking about last show with.
Speaker 2: Like Dan Jones, the Achilles is going to be able to.
Speaker 4: Be mobile and stuff. I think that's all great for Jonathan Taylor. If Daniel Jones is running less, we're gonna get even more Taylor carries. We know he's gonna get a bunch of volume near the goal line.
Speaker 2: But if the mobility is an issue, do we get even more dump off?
Speaker 4: And we already know Daniel Jones is gonna dump the ball off at a pretty high rate. So I look, there was a stretch last year where it looked like if you didn't have Jonathan Taylor, you weren't going to win your league. I know he cooled off down the stretch, but it's hard to leave Jonathan Taylor not on the board.
Speaker 2: In the late first round.
Speaker 1: He was the other name I was looking at along with Christian McCaffrey. I was like, I was going back and forth and back and forth, and I'm just like, ah, I feel again the range of outcomes with McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: I know they are going to do their best. They're gonna go.
Speaker 1: Out of their way to manufacture touches for McCaffrey. I don't know if that's always going to be the case for Jonathan Taylor. So that was why I went to CMC over JT. So, yeah, all right, so we're in in of the first round, the last pick in the first round.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting here.
Speaker 1: There's still a lot of good options out there, and Florida you can rejoice. I'm taking your boy, Jimbo Cook taking James.
Speaker 2: That was the only I considered. I thought was going to take.
Speaker 3: Staring at how staring at him, But you know, I'm a big o' lobby fan. Now he's so h yeah, uh so, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say James Cook here again. You know, I curious to see what.
Speaker 3: The bills one twelve again from the last mock too. Actually, yeah, yeah, so kind of lock.
Speaker 1: I think that's kind of where he's going to be locked in because we know, again you want to talk about a guy that they're going to make sure he gets his touches. Uh, he's gonna get targets, he's gonna get carries. You know, curious to see what the offense is going to look like with DJ more in it now. But I mean, I feel like when it comes to running backs, he is one of the surest things you got out there. So I'm going to take him at the one twelve. So that's the end of round one. We will take a quick break, come back and get you ready for round two here as we can say, you are three.
Speaker 2: Round mock draft on the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast.
Speaker 1: Back doing a three round mock draft here on the pod, and we get ready to start off round two. And since we're gonna we're gonna do this as real as possible, even though there's only three of us, and uh, we're gonna just snake draft. So I will take the first pick in round two and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't get super excited about this, basical because the conversation we just had.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna take Devon a chan here.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I got I'm not gonna lie to you. I have concerns.
Speaker 1: I certainly have concerns about it, But at the moment, it's kind of the brightest light in that Miami universe.
Speaker 2: He's the only light. He's the only light in that Miami universe.
Speaker 3: He's the will Smith means he really is.
Speaker 1: He's in the living room, no furniture, you know, just about to turn off the lights and walk out. You know, he's gonna get plenty of touches. We know how explosive he can be. Yeah, maybe he doesn't get as many targets with Malik Willis as he would have with Tua, but he's still going to get his targets. That was a thing that the packers did a lot with Milk. Willis would have him just throw swing passes and screens and that sort of thing. I don't think he's gonna stop doing that, So.
Speaker 2: It's going to be there.
Speaker 1: I'm nervous, definitely nervous about it, but I'm sort of I'm looking at it.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna do that. Like you know, I took my hand off the chess piece. The move is made now right. This is a This is a.
Speaker 1: A pick about talent and opportunity over situation.
Speaker 2: And that's sort of where I'm at with Devon a Chan.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, so I send it back to you Floria at number two in the second round, I'm debating two names.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with the one that I there's one that I think I might.
Speaker 2: Still be able to get. With my next pick, I'm gonna go with my boy, Elik Neighbors here. Yeah see, I didn't think he would make it back to me.
Speaker 3: I was literally looking at his name. I was like, that's where I'm going right here.
Speaker 5: Just you gotta be quicker than that. Oh no, you guys know, I love Milite Neighbors, and he's going to be the one that pushes me the most on this rule because I've talked about on the pod, like I'm trying to get away from drafting players coming off of a severe injury because usually that first year back.
Speaker 2: Isn't quite their their normal self.
Speaker 4: But I think Elik Neighbors, like you guys know, I've said this for a while now. I think the talent's up there with like Jefferson and Chase and Steedee Lamb and like the elites of the elite at the position, and then a lot of volume a team that could be trailing a lot. So despite the injury, I still love elite neighbors.
Speaker 1: All right, So neighbors off the board. Second pick in the second round. The Laquana is back to you at the two dot three.
Speaker 2: What do you want to do?
Speaker 3: It was supposed to be neighbors. But again, thanks, but uh, I'm gonna go trade my bride. I'm gonna go trade my bride. Listen, you got Kobe said back there, Micha laflor there he understands the assignment. Man, get the ball to trade mc bride.
Speaker 2: I don't hate the pick. I just can't. I just don't want to pull the trigger on a tight end this.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, it's the same situation. It's it's one of the situations that we know this team is not going to be good. Defense is still middle of the pack. There's still, you know, a team that's trying to build and get to that point. And Trey just simply remains the most reliable and best target they have. Like I like Michael Wilson, I like Marmon Harrison, but they're not trade McBride man. And we already know what he could bring to the table out there, having that monster season, right.
Speaker 1: And now they let him score touchdowns, right, because that was the thing you didn't do two years ago.
Speaker 2: He didn't score any touchdowns. Now he is, So that's great.
Speaker 3: At number four, I'm gonna go Amary and Hampton here. Uh wow, Okay.
Speaker 2: That was the third name I was considering that.
Speaker 3: I was like, hell, like, I honestly thought like he would fall later in that second round.
Speaker 2: But here, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: The best thing that happened to Amari and Hampton this offseason, I guess the two best things one, Mike McDaniel coming over to alec Ingold coming over yep, having that fullback that blocking to open holes. Friend of the show, alec Ingold. Yeah, those are the two best things that happened. So now you've got an offensive coordinator who can scheme up the run game. I guess to go along with the head coach that we know likes to run the football. But you got to know see who can scheme up the run game. Uh, you got a fullback now to help lead the way. You know, he's alec Ingold. I think Mike McDaniel was in San Francisco for years. Alec Ingold can sort of be Kyle hughesed checked light if they want him to be that more importantly in the blocking game. And they're getting their offensive lineback healthy again. So all these things sort of add up to Omari and Hampton really having a big step forward in season two.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I told you guys last week, I think he's going to be in my top ten, but I didn't think every like he.
Speaker 2: Now I'm thinking, oh man, top ten is going to be what he is like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're going to feed him that. They're going to feed him a lot, you know, the workload. Keith Mitchell an interesting handcuff that might have standalone value later in drafts too. That now that he's in l A, I'm still room for Videl he's back as well. But that's going to be an explosive to whoever it is.
Speaker 1: I think I think I might have to tap out Ontomni Medal. I was there for a couple of years, but with what they've got. I might have to tap.
Speaker 2: Out on that one.
Speaker 1: So Mitchell, Yeah, two, Floria, what do you want to do?
Speaker 4: Isn't even a pick I really I would be excited to make, but it just feels like it it's got to be the guy, right give me Drake London.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not what I thought you were. Rake. Well, I'm not gonna say it. I'm okay.
Speaker 1: My name pops up organically and then.
Speaker 4: Look, I probably won't be the person drafting Drake London in a lot of drafts because I think he probably I think the three of us we talk a lot and stuff. We we have kind of similar opinions. We're all a little bit lower on Drake London, but I think consensus wise, he's going to be higher than this, and I'm I'm probably not willing to be that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but again, it's one of those things where I'm looking at a lot of the names available and you know, he's still one of the best ones out there. There are there are two names that are out there that I'm surprised I haven't been called. One I'm very surprised has not been called yet. The other one maybe not quite as surprised, but maybe Lakwan will take one of those here at the two.
Speaker 2: Six, I will take Barkley. I was one of the names.
Speaker 3: Because I I think at this point it's like, oh, yeah, let's get Saquon off the board. Like what is he doing here? You know what I mean? Because usually we see him going the first round, the first seven picks or the back end of the first round, early second, but here it's like, yeah, no brainer, I gotta take.
Speaker 1: Them, all right, So we got we got Saquon Barkley finally off the board.
Speaker 2: Back to me at to seven and.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go, I'm gonna go brock Bowers here, just yeah, he's got that upside like you know, the new quarterback coming in. It really hasn't mattered who the quarterback has been for the most part with brock Bowers because you look at the wide receiver room there in Vegas and nothing about it really blows you away.
Speaker 2: So as long as he's healthy and on.
Speaker 1: The field, he's going to get targets and any position that's really thin, brock Bowers is about to set it and forget it as you can have there.
Speaker 3: So uh, you know, Clint Kubiak going the sticks man, I mean he might be doing some chip blocking as well.
Speaker 2: I mean doing it. I don't like that. No, that's what Michael Mayors. That's what Michael Mayer is for.
Speaker 1: That's what Michael Mayer is for, is to do the chip blocking and the Brown Letbauer's run routes and that sort of thing. So see, we'll see Florio back to you at the two eight.
Speaker 4: I'm debating between two very I would say three very closely ranked wide receivers.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I'm gonna have some fun. I'm gonna go with my.
Speaker 4: Guy, give me a J Brown because I still believe in the talent. I think talent wise, he might be top five at the position. I think whether he's playing in Philly or somewhere else, I expect more volume than he had last year. I think last year was the absolute floor for AJ Brown and the Eagles offense. Like new Oc coming in, they're hot cold every other year all that, but it just felt like last year was like he bottomed out, and I think there's more potential there. I wouldn't be surprised at off he finished top five a wide receiver this year and getting him like last year, I was willing to take him in the middle of the first round, so to get him in the middle of the second round and maybe even cheaper on draft Day, I could easily get back on board on AJ Brown.
Speaker 3: All right, stuck in Philly, I mean question for you.
Speaker 1: I really don't know what you're gonna say here, but would you trade Davonte Adams to get a J.
Speaker 2: Brown?
Speaker 3: No? Hard, No, I want to keep Davante adamste First of all, if we're going to talk about this trade room over the weekend about Davante Adams, I can't believe that would be even true because, first of all, like I would rather keep DeVante Adams than getting AJ Brown where we've kind of seen him be a distraction, We've kind of seen him kind of be the second Fiddal Like I'm kind of good right Like, if the if the trade was going to happen, I would rather you know, us have a J. Brown and keeping Davante Adams to be you know, done stock HoTT the force that we already are.
Speaker 2: I want no part to DeVante Adams. I'm not him, I'm not doing anything.
Speaker 1: It's hard to think he's going to be the same level of touchdown Vulture this year that.
Speaker 2: He was last year.
Speaker 4: If you take away the touchdowns, he wasn't that good. Like he's declining.
Speaker 3: Relax, Okay, relax, he listen. It was a weird year without Stafford all summer, the hamstring injury in the back end the season, the lack of.
Speaker 4: M I also don't think they're going to have the numbers that like, Stafford's not going to put up those numbers again.
Speaker 3: Back to back MVP. In my book, we'll see.
Speaker 1: She put up career best stats at thirty seven. Like it does seem like that's asking a line like hesing, he can tell a good year. Forty seven hundred yards and forty six touchdowns.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 3: Man. Tyson falls to us were good.
Speaker 2: Most of Devonte's number like metrics are career worse.
Speaker 4: Like I, I just I'm gonna let someone else take him because DeVante Adams or Mike Evans.
Speaker 2: I would take Mike.
Speaker 3: Why he had career lows last year and more because he was.
Speaker 2: Hurt hurt too.
Speaker 3: Adams got hurt, but he was battling injuries.
Speaker 2: He was on the field for most of the Like, that's not even a fair comparison.
Speaker 1: Bro. That's yes, it is, Bro, Like you're not even comparing two things that are the same.
Speaker 2: Also, there's no there's no pukin Nakua.
Speaker 4: There taking away one hundred and fifty targets from UH.
Speaker 1: Anyway, number nine, lakwan, it's your pick at two nine.
Speaker 3: Give me Pickens when George Pickens right there, because I think we're gonna see that combination of CD, a healthy CD hopefully and Pickings still having those thirty plus fantasy point type of games just being what he brings to the table. And Florio said it earlier like, I don't think that Cowboys defense has gotten significantly better where that is still going to go out there chucking the ball.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, so George Pickens off the board. So both Cowboys receivers gone within.
Speaker 2: The first two rounds. I don't think that's a major surprise there at ten M there's still one name.
Speaker 1: It's like hanging out there that I'm kind of surprised, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like I want to touch it. So I do it for style points, man, Come on, just go ahead, style points. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to get style points. I'm trying to get fantasy points. You want to drop to the third. I mean, I'm not trying to make a statement. I'm just telling you. I guess the statement is, I'm not comfortable drafting this guy.
Speaker 2: In the first two rounds.
Speaker 1: Instead, instead, I'm gonna take Nico Collins. That's what I'm gonna do this because you know, there's a lot of uncertainty about things in Houston.
Speaker 2: He's not one of them. So, uh.
Speaker 1: The Texans might have nine nine problems, but Nico a one. So I'm gonna take care. I'm taking him at ten. All right, Florida, we're gonna take it eleven now that I snatched your guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was one hundred. I was like Nico Collins automatic. Uh So now let's see I will take I'm gonna I'm gonna make a splash pick. Here, give me Jeremiah Love.
Speaker 2: Hey, k is awesome.
Speaker 4: He's going to top ten pick in the real life draft. I comp him to a faster Le'Veon Bell. That's who like my player. Comp is for him, and I think right now people have him ranked a little bit lower than where I just took him. But if he ends up in a favorable spot, which I believe he will, because if you're going to take him where he's gonna go. You're gonna give him a bunch of volume. I think, just like with Hampton and Henderson last year, he will be a second round pick come summertime.
Speaker 2: I like it spicy. I like that A lot is that you're going to take LQ.
Speaker 3: I was I was going to make that splash. I was going to make that splash.
Speaker 1: Well, now that, now that the splash has splashed, what do you want to do here with the last pick in a magic car?
Speaker 2: Baby? I didn't think we get a magic car preference splash.
Speaker 3: I think here, I'm cool with taking ash and gent.
Speaker 1: That's I was like, at some point, I'm like, okay, so how far does he fall?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, I'll take genty here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just was also considering the offense, the offensive line. I just I want he needs help. He needs help, a lot needs.
Speaker 2: A lot they made.
Speaker 3: They made some moves, but still it's not enough. But take them for the fact that we saw flashes of him in the Passion game and hopefully can clink k back as a playing for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at this point, I feel a little more comfortable with it. You know, I've seen I've seen some ADPs of him, like late first round. I'm like, I can't. I am out man absolutely in the first Roundna, man, I can't do that.
Speaker 3: But I'm up. I'm up again.
Speaker 1: Right Well, we'll take a break, we'll come back and we'll do round three. But yeah, so yeah, you got you're.
Speaker 2: On the clock.
Speaker 1: You got some minutes to think about it. We'll could be back right here for a thout three r mock draft on the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. We are finishing up a three round mock dre now that the free agency has mostly done its thing. Obviously there's still some names that are hanging around there, but for now we.
Speaker 2: Got the big answer. So just a quick recap.
Speaker 1: First round goes Jamier Gibbs, Bajon Robinson, Pooka Nakua, Jamar Chase Jackson Smith and Jig but I'm on Ross Saint Brown at six, Justin Jefferson seven, followed by CD Lamb, Christian McCaffrey, Chris o'lave at ten, Jonathan Taylor, James Cook round out the first round. Round two begins with von Ah Chen, followed by my league neighbors Trey McBride Marion Hampton at the two dot four, followed by Drake London, and you get Saquon Barkley, brock Bauers, Aj Brown at eight, George Pickens at nine, Nico Collins at ten, the only rookie we've had so far, Jeremiah Love goes to eleven, Ashton gent two dot twelve. So, lakwan, you are back on the clock to start round three.
Speaker 2: What would you like to do?
Speaker 3: I'm going to snag another tight end here, Coleston Lovelin.
Speaker 1: Guys are coming around and like Colston Loveland at tight end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's starting to grow on me. Man. It happened to DJ Moore Trade.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like, oh yeah, the door is wide open for him to cook. Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: I like Colston Loveland at three as the tight end three, and I think their rounds not a bad spot for him. So all right, so three tight ends off the board. I will tell you I'll be shocked if we get a fourth. But who knows, Trader things have happened for you. What do you want to do at three to two?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with someone that I think is a little underrated. Give me Chase Brown. Like I know the first six, seven, weeks were brutal, but as someone who was highly invested in Chase Brown last year, from that point on he was a top five running back pretty much each week with Joe Burrow out there getting a lot of passes going his way. They used him near the goal line and they really nothing has changed, so I I.
Speaker 2: Except for their defense got probably worse. So I feel about Chase Brown. Okay, so at the three three solid.
Speaker 1: This is probably not a thing I would do in real life, but under the circumstances, and you know, with this thought exercise.
Speaker 2: We're doing, I'll take Josh Allen here.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: You know, you feel like in actual drafts, this is probably about when you're gonna start seeing quarterbacks come off the board, except for these, you know, these expert league draft where we're all playing chicken and like change, who's good for the first one to draw up a quarterback, which I would sometimes it gets a little bit ridiculous with everybody like trying to hold off on qbs sometimes.
Speaker 2: So like meanwhile, back in.
Speaker 1: The real world, when you do your sort of just regular home league drafts, there might be five quarterbacks gone by now.
Speaker 2: So I'll say Josh.
Speaker 1: Allen at the at the three three, So Florida, it's back to you.
Speaker 2: I will go I I for some reason THOUGHTLQ was going to be picking all right, Oh you're right. No, you're right. I'm sorry. That is my bad. It is yeah, you're right, it's back.
Speaker 3: To the c Okay, yeah, my my fault, my fault. I'm going to take ken Walker off the board because I would figure he will go earlier, and I think once we get towards summertime, we get the report to Mahomes if he's going to be ready for week one or not, that will probably decide, you know, the price range for ken Walker.
Speaker 1: All right, death Walker off the board. Okay, so now it's your Florida three to five.
Speaker 4: This might looking at some early rankings, this might feel like a little bit of a reach, but you guys know this is my guy. I am flag planting year. Give me Lad McConkie, huge leader and his talent. I think Keenan Allen being gone is huge. I think Mike McDaniel being there is huge. The Chargers having their own lineback is going to be really big because it's going to mean more time for Justin Herbert to throw.
Speaker 2: I think this is the season that I was hoping to.
Speaker 4: Get last year out of Lad McConkie. I think he breaks out in a big, big way.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I think I think this is the Aladd McConkie glow up year for sure. And lacuwon' not drafting him as a wide receiver one, so it should be I feel like it should be more palatable to you, right because now we're not drafting him as a wide receiver one.
Speaker 3: Yes, it makes a little bit more sense. He's probably wide receiver inflated to new heights that he shouldn't have been.
Speaker 1: But I digress all surprised he fell this far. I don't know if he falls this far in real drafts. But I'm gonna take Josh Jacobs here. At this point, I thought you were.
Speaker 3: Going to say another name. Oh no, me too, actually, oh oh oh.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I just want to leave him out there for La Kwan since La Kwan's if we're thinking of the same person. I know lq' is his biggest fan, so I should leave him out here for him. But Josh Jacobs, like, I get it. You know, they probably relied on him a little bit too much down to stretch, but The one thing that dude has always done in his career is score touchdowns, and I don't think that changes this year. He's still gonna get he's still gonna get carries. They're starting to target him more question mark, but he just finds the end zone all the time, and that is invaluable. So I'll take him here, all right? So, Lakan, who are you taking at the three?
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 3: Derrick Henry?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys thought I was going to take Kiren, but I had there No, I didn't either.
Speaker 6: Actually, oh, wait, hold on, who are you talking about? Florida? Let's wait, yeah, go ahead, Florida. I said that, Derrick Henry, but going who were you thinking?
Speaker 2: All right, well, then who are you taking at eight? I guess then Florida? What's the question?
Speaker 4: It's who I thought you were going to take Marcus, especially when you said he still needs some help, and then you were like, well maybe a different kind of help, uh Rashi Rice.
Speaker 2: Because that boy needs not on the football field, you know, Like I.
Speaker 4: If we knew we were getting a full year out of Rachi Rice, because it's always a question mark with off the field stuff. I do think he earlier than this, Like I wouldn't be surprised if he's a late second, early third round pick. But there's just like come August, right but right now there's still a lot up in the air with him and the Chiefs. But we know when he's out there, he's he's gonna give you a receiver one numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am curious what And I haven't done a ton of mock drafts yet, but what the feeling is on him?
Speaker 2: Just because there's so much why is the feeling we come.
Speaker 1: Into every off season we're like, I don't know what's happening with Rashie Rice, Like this is because yeah it is, and you're absolutely right, And I don't like this feeling at all. So all right, back to me at three nine, and I think this is where a couple of ways I'm really interested in going. But I think I'm gonna go Bucky Irving at this point and take him off the board. I get it, Like, you know, he's gonna have competition in that backfield. It's not his and his alone, but I think he's he is, without a doubt, the guy. He's gonna get the first crack and everything there, and you know, you know you can catch the football.
Speaker 2: You know he's gonna get opportunities.
Speaker 1: And at this point in the draft, I mean, you know, I think he's less of a risk than he would have been earlier.
Speaker 2: So I'm fine taking him at three nine. I know the price isn't terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I know you're sort of down on him, LQ, but I like it here.
Speaker 3: I would say I'm just slightly down, Like I feel like, well, Bucky Irvin last year, like we were pushing him way too high, so many red flags, and then I honestly think having Gainwell there this year, there's going to be some type of workload that's going to be split, right, Like they didn't go out and get Gainwell after seeing what he did last year in a split backfield, Like I think Gamelo is going to play a significant role.
Speaker 2: But we get back to that Bucky.
Speaker 3: Irvin who was used efficiently under fifty percent into snaps, right, Like, we get that type of version. So I think there might be some weeks where Bucky's the RB one and then there's going to be some weeks where like, all right, this was like kind of like RB twoish low end, like RB twoish week where it's like it was okay, but I think Bucky here is not a terrible price versus what it was last year.
Speaker 2: All right, I mean you, I don't think he's gonna the only game. I was going to be sort of.
Speaker 1: Play the word shot white role, kind of be a secondary honest.
Speaker 3: But and the thing is that's not even terrible. That makes both of them fantasy relevant again. Like we've seen this backfield work with two of them being top twenty four running backs. You know, obviously that was under Lee and Coleman's you know, watch, But at the end of the day, I think it could work with both of them being fantasy valuable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's see. So that's back to you, Lakwan. At the at three.
Speaker 3: Ten here, I'm I'm like in between two positions, honestly, because if I waited this far and then I'm staring at Lamar Jackson, I think I take Lamar Jackson here.
Speaker 2: I don't hate it, don't hear.
Speaker 3: The other position I was in between was wide receiver. But I think he goes before we exit this round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so too. I'd be shocked if if Lamar makes it out of the third round.
Speaker 2: In most drafts. All right, Florio three eleven? What you got?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: So can I say two names? Can I name that I would actually take and the name that I want to take? Okay, sure, I think the name that LQ was referencing was T Higgins.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna guess T yeah, and go ahead, and maybe another T first named wide receiver. So I will take T Higgins. But who if if l Q took T Higgins, I was gonna say, like, it should be Lamar, but give me Luthor Burden. I am so excited for Luthor Burden that this is the range I would start considering him in.
Speaker 2: I can't in good faith push him ahead of T. Higgins.
Speaker 4: But I think all of the other wide receivers that are on the board, except for maybe that other one, I'll just say his name because there's only Marcus still to pick McMillan. Those are the only two receivers that were available that I was like, I don't know if I could push Luther Burden ahead of those two guys, but after them, like the names are like Garrett Wilson, DeVonta Smith, Jalen Waddle, DeVante Adams, I could push for me personally, I could push Luther Burden ahead of all those.
Speaker 2: Guys, all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I when I took Bucky Irving at nine, t Higgins was the other name that I was really considering in that spot, but I felt like Bucky was slightly a better pick. So final pick in our three round Mick draft, I'm gonna say, Kyrien Williams here ooh nice, little surprised he fell quite this far. It felt like, you know which tends to happen in drafts, right, you start scrolling, You're like I want this guy and this guy, and like somebody just falls, and I feel like Kyrin Williams has kind of fallen to that point.
Speaker 2: I mean, the guy wo.
Speaker 1: Last three years, double digit touchdowns in each of the last three years.
Speaker 2: And if you really believe that they're.
Speaker 1: Not going to use DeVante Adams the same way at the goal line as they did this past year, somebody's gonna take those short yardage opportunities. Well, I can't it be Kyron So yeah, I'll think Karen Williams here at that spot.
Speaker 3: So I have a theory though, like, like this is a feeling today, Okay, I think we get a little bit more Blake korm this upcoming season, Like, I think we just get up that bit more because the opportunities he had last year, that boy was golden. Like, I honestly think we're going to lean more into this one two punch and definitely think Korm can get some opportunities on the goal line as well. So I think they're gonna be a great dynamic duo. But here where Kien fell for you is a blessing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean, look, if Kyen's there at the end of round three, I'll do that all day and you might be right, you might be right. I mean we could see more. I mean I wouldn't be totally surprised if we saw more Blake Koram this year. I don't think that's a major shock.
Speaker 4: But early rankings has Kien Williams as the RB seventeen in this range.
Speaker 2: So I think a lot of people agree with you, LQ. I think a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Are worried about Blake Korum's presence, which you guys know me, I'll keep taking Kyen at a discount, but in round two I'd have those same concerns. But getting him at the last pick of round three, it's easy for me to get.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's still a guy who's gonna get a lot of opportunities and an offense that's going to score a lot of points, you know, So I'll take that all day long.
Speaker 3: So I don't mentioned, though, do we think that a Mecho Buca or Haleck Pearce creep into this last back into the third round?
Speaker 1: I mean probably, I mean I wouldn't be surprised. I'm just trying to think of who I would bump for Pierce or a Buka, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, does that mean Kyra Williams gets bumped down to round four? Which is terrible? I mean I think I don't think. I think like I think Lakwan.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna be way higher on Chrystal Lobby than everybody else's. Yeah, I just I don't. I just don't think the consensus on a Lobby is going to be quite that high so that that shuffles.
Speaker 3: But if he survives the draft, why not, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I don't know how high.
Speaker 1: You know, how many Sikos are taking Jeremiah Love at the end of round two.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be you know what that's gonna be. That's gonna be.
Speaker 1: A spring early summer thing right, that's gonna be folks like us who draft way too much and are always trying to plant the fly.
Speaker 2: You were trying to get ahead of somebody else.
Speaker 1: I think when you get more casual folks playing in the summer, they're not gonna know who Jeremiah Love is.
Speaker 2: I mean, Halton and Henderson were second round picks. List. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: I mean the price isn't terrible, like it could be worse. It could be where Gendie's fling at the one o six one oh seven areas.
Speaker 4: So I actually think he becomes a first round pick if he falls to the right spot. What if it's the Giants that's might hold him back because of scat scataboo. The Titans are one I've heard, and I'm like, that could push him up. I think he probably settles for his second round pick, But the way people are talking about him, like, it wouldn't surprise me if he catches helium like Jens did last year.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm sure.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm like trying to scroll through my brain and try to figure out where you could go that would be a good spot for him.
Speaker 3: Where you took it's probably where he'll go, but you're.
Speaker 1: Talking NFL man, NFL wise, Yeah, like where he could get drafted in the NFL that would really inflate his price. I mean Tennessee is certainly one. I mean Arizona potentially. I mean, I know you'd have to wait.
Speaker 3: Two running backs restructured one and then you got Trey Benson there they draft Aremia Love?
Speaker 2: What are you guys doing? They say, all of you guys are now Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to I don't know. Tennessee is probably the most obvious.
Speaker 3: Washington signing so many running backs makes me think, but that makes me think that they don't think he's gonna make it to seven. You see what I'm saying, Like Cleveland has junkins, the Giants have scat, but scat ain't that. So I think Love goes to the Giants top five pick.
Speaker 1: Oh man, if you're the Giants, are you are you doing that?
Speaker 2: The Commanders would be the dream fit actually thinking about it.
Speaker 1: For me, at least, you're gonna catch hell from your fans for drafting a running back at five.
Speaker 3: The thing is, if Love falls to seven and Washington doesn't pick them, like, what are we doing? Because Wow, Bill.
Speaker 2: And White you become RB two's.
Speaker 3: And room Ford don't forget that.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, RB three season, let's go.
Speaker 1: No, I'm kidding, all right, Well we wait, We wait to see what's gonna about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's say he falls out the top ten. Let's throw him on Dallas and see what happens.
Speaker 3: No, no, I would hate that. I got a lot of Javonte Williams.
Speaker 1: We are protect protecting our hide here with with Jeremiah Love for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Interesting to see where you go because that's gonna definitely impact his draft price. I'm curious to see what the Sikos like us who are drafting now are are doing here.
Speaker 2: So we'll find out in short order for sure.
Speaker 1: But back with you on Thursday. Have an interesting chat coming up on Thursday. We talk to James Reaver, who does some next gen stats stuff for us here at the NFL. Wrote an interesting article a while back about tight ends and chip blocking and sort of how it impacts offenses. So we're gonna have him on chat a little bit about this and you know, maybe kind of come up with some theories on what it applies or how it applies to fantasy football. So be sure to tune in for that one on Thursday, but at the meantime, that'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. They happy, safe and healthy, do good and live well.
Speaker 2: Happy early drafting everybody. We'll talk to you again on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Wow.