Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: So real estate is and will be probably one always one of the greatest investment tools out there, especially because of the tax benefits that come with it. And you have to understand the tax play behind buying that much real estate as well. So these people are rich and wealthy and they're trying to hedge their taxes and minimize it too. So what's the best player real estate, brick and mortar. Because of things like depreciation, cost segregation, there's a lot of different things that you can do to offset your wins. If you got huge capital gains, you can put that in ten thirty one changes, buy real estate so you defern your taxes down the road. Right. Real estate gives you all these plays that the wealthy use at scale to continue to grow their wealth. Whereas with us in our community, we like to listen to everybody else, but instead of following the money.
Speaker 4: My graduates from my school being forced back drops drop.
Speaker 2: Mike, drop back drop.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, welcome back. We got a stranger to the program. Stranger somebody that you might not have ever seen before, Matthew Garland.
Speaker 3: And at all that's five eight seven and LS snow five eight seven zero zero. But it's all good. Yeah. The mortgage guy, The mortgage guy.
Speaker 5: Matthew Garland, CEO of the Garland Group. UH, star of Ransom Gyms see UH international speaker.
Speaker 3: International speaker. You gotta add that to the resume.
Speaker 6: Of course, damn sure to be having gyms.
Speaker 3: You know, I got a let in my bio now international speaker.
Speaker 5: True, Okay, that's a fact. Yeah, real estate experts. So obviously you guys are familiar with man if you're familiar with Earn your Leisure. He's been on a variety of different times, Market, Monday's invest Fest, you name it. He's always around providing great insight when it comes to real estate. And we did two episodes so far, and you know, whenever it is time, I feel like it's time to revisit this real estate conversation. So like this at the beginning of the year twenty twenty three was a great time to have the third trilogy three p. There's so much stuff that we haven't talked about before, and there's so much stuff that has changed a lot of people. Are you know, nervous economic environment that we're in, interest rates and recession, different things of that nature.
Speaker 6: So and on a personal level, during this time, we've had a relationship of you helping us with our properties. Absolutely, So that's even something that we're going to add to this conversation too.
Speaker 5: I love it, Yeah, I love it so you know, it's back to the blueprint man of education. Heavy gyms try to provide as much value as possible and help some people out.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: So first formal, thanks for coming, appreciate.
Speaker 3: It, love fatus. It's a three P. I appreciate the opportunity. As always. It's always good to be back with my guys. Let's make it happen. Let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 5: So all right, all right, let's not even waste any time. Let's get into this.
Speaker 3: I think it was the first time I wore a suit on the shop on the show.
Speaker 6: This is the first time you had a red sworst shirt on an episode twelve, the Gold episode and your second appearance you had I think you might have a flannel shirt, had a flannel joint.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we.
Speaker 6: Had just moved downstairs to kind of shoot, so that was that was cool too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, three different flavors, three different episodes. I liked. I like the way this is gone.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about something that we never spoke about before, which is v a loans copy for veterans. There's a lot of veterans that watch us. We actually have an Infinity groupment Eyo University for veterans, whether it's Navy, h army, uh, you name it, the whole situation. Right, A lot of people have served the country and it's benefits with that. But and even some alumni. Aristotle is a veteran. Yeah, we got a few other veterans, but a lot of times that they're not educated on what they actually have. The credit credit credit.
Speaker 3: Definitely, what's up with this VA loan situation. First of all, thank you guys for your service. We appreciate your sacrifice and everything you do for us in our country to keep us safe here in America. So I don't want that to My father is a veteran also, so it's nandad in my heart. If you've been in my studio or see me on my content, I have his flag. When he passed away, they gave me the flag, so I have that kind of like right next to me when I shoot all my content. So, first of all, shout out to all the veterans. But a VA loan is one of probably the best loans that's available out there in the marketplace. It's an underutilized product. I don't think a lot of people speak about VA loans, and that's why I'm happy that we're having this conversation. So let's first start off with the credit score requirements. Most lenders will have a minimum credit score of a five to eighty to qualify for a VA loan. It's one hundred percent financing no PMI. PMI is private mortgage insurance. So typically when you put down less than twenty percent down on a property, you have to pay the PMI, which is insurance that's insuring the bank, not you, the barwer in case you default on the mortgage, that that loan is insured and the bank can basically get their money back from the insurance company. Right. So, VA loans have no PMI. It does have a fund and fee when you do a VA loan, which can be on average around two percent just depending on your status. If you are one hundred percent disability then disabled veteran, then you don't pay a fund and fee, But typically most VA loans that we're doing come with around a two percent fund and fee which gets financed into the loan. Now, with a VA loan, you can purchase a primary residence. It's not for investment properties. I just want to be clear on that it's for primary residents. You can buy condo VA approved. If you could buy condo that is VA approved. You could buy one family, two family, three family, four family properties. They have to be owner occupied multifamilies. The requirement to for VA to live in the property is for one year, just like an f h A, so you have to live in that property for one year. But the main thing, there's a couple of things I want to discuss with a VA that's very important. Number one is your certificate of eligibility your COOE. So to determine how much of a loan that you can get from a VA, you have to provide the lender or the lender can pull what's called the COE, your certificate or eligibility, and it will tell you exactly how much entitlement that you have from the VA. To determine what's the maximum, the possible maximum loan amount that you can get financed for using a VA loan. Now, unlike well, VA loans don't have a minimum a maximum loan amount requirement. So if you go an FHA loan or a conventional mortgage, you have a maximum loan amount. So let's just keep in this so in New York, I'll just keep in New York so a simple what a one family right now, because this is considered a high cost area, you can get an FHA or conventional mortgage million dollars on a single family property, a four family property, you can go up to like two million, a little bit under two point one million somewhere around there. So the loan limits increased in twenty twenty three, which is great because home prices have been appreciated. But with VA loan there's technically no minimum or no maximum loan amount for the VA. It's all on how much eligibility you have and obviously how much you can qualify for with your debt to income ratio and your residual income, which I'm gonna go into in a bit. So that's another great thing about a VA loan. You can buy a single family home one point five million dollars and get one hundred percent finance and on it with a low interest rate with no PMI.
Speaker 6: Let's say you do do that, and you do a loan for one point five is there a millionaire tax that comes along with that, like.
Speaker 3: A Manchi tax man tax? Right? So in New York, if you purchasing a property over a million dollars, you have mansion tax, which you guys happily had to pay, right, mansion tax anybody but New York. That's common, right, A million dollar house in New York is kind of like the normal. It's like an everyday house. New York is very expensive, but yes, you have to pay a man attach other states it varies, you may not have to pay. But I would say check which you know, your realtor, or your local lend or whoever you work and with, to see if you have to pay any type of mansion tax.
Speaker 6: Is there like a percentage that the standard mansion tax.
Speaker 3: Is New York is one percent one percent, So a million dollar sales price, you're going to pay ten thousand dollars or in closing costs on top of all the other fees that come with, you know, buying a property. So if you're buying over a million dollars, it can definitely get more expensive, especially in this state like New York. So that's why you have you can't be house rich and cash boy. You have to have money when you go into that ballpark, right, But with a VA loan again, you can go up to a million and a half. You can go one point seven million. I've done loans myself one three, one four when the loan amounts were a lot less for conventional and FHA. So that's a huge benefit for that veteran who can qualify for that that large of a house. Right, And that's nationwide, so it's not not determined on region where you live. If you live in Kentucky and your veteran, you can get approved for a million dollar loan with the VA if you have the eligibility to do so, right, So that's number one, right, But the most important thing I want to touch on when it comes to a VA loan because the most portant ingredient on any loan is the debt to income ratio your DTI. Right, But what VA you have what's called residual income, and that residual income calculates basically, how much money do you have left over after all of your expenses? Can the veteran truly afford this house? And they taking your household thoughts. Right, So let's just say, for example, you have a family of four, right the VA, and if you're living in the Northeast, they want to see after you're withholding has come out, so they're looking at your gross income and they're going to mind us out. You're withholdings like your fighter, your social Security, all the taxes, you paying, your W two wages. Then they're going to take the mortgage payment minus that out of it. Then they're going to take your utilities on the home right. And if you don't know what the utilities are, lenders will use a calculation. It's usually the square footage of the home times point one four percent, and so if it's a two thousand square foot home times point one four percent, that comes into like two hundred and eighty dollars. That will guestimate what your utilities are. We looking at childcare, we're looking at you know, student loans, car loans. Everything goes into this calculation. And then at the end of the day, after all of that is spent, do you have at least one thousand dollars a month left over? And if you do, you qualify right, and if you don't, you don't qualify. So, for example, I've seen Dell's where you might get an aus aprise, which is the automated underwriting system that all lenders use that says, okay, your DTI is X, it works, But then you might not meet the residual income qualifications, and that can decline your loan. So it's very important that veterans understand it, and anyone, any real estate professional, any loan officer who's working with VA clients, they understand the residual income calculation because that right there can make or break your deal. So what I try to advise any veteran or anybody who's looking to buy a house, you not only just want to get pre approved, you want to make sure that the lender that you're working with has the ability to submit your loan into underwriting. Why you're in that pre approval status so that way an underwriter can reveal your loan and get you what's called a pre underwriting commitment or loan commitment while you're still in that home buying stage. Because now you know it's been reviewed by an underwriter. You know your commitment letter is legit. It's not just some loan officer sending your life and saying, hey, your pray approval for X, Y and Z. Go out in the house shop. And then when you get a house and then you get in the contract, you do all these dispections, pay for appraisal, and then you go to underwrite and you get the climb because they didn't do the calculations properly from the very beginning. It happens all the time, so that residual income is extremely important when it comes to VA loans for all veterans out there, for all professionals who are originating these loans. And that's a lengthy process. Yeah, a lot. It's a lot of information, a lot, a lot of tape, a lot of work that has to be fouled.
Speaker 6: You can correct me if I'm wrong, But VA loans and one of the reasons that people use it and it's a great loan product, is that there's no down payment.
Speaker 3: Correct, it's one hundred percent financing for a VA loan. Now, typically with a VA loan, it's if you are buying the house and you're the veteran, you can get up one hundred percent finance. And another thing also, you can use the VA loan more than once, so it's not like FAHA where you have to refinance out of the FA to use the FAH loan. Again, right, with a VA loan, if you have enough eligibility on your COOE, you can buy another property. It just has to be your primary residence. Now on that second property that you purchase, you're not you're probably going to have to put some sort of down payment because you use a lot of your entitlement already to buy your first home. But necessarily you don't have to refinance out of that initial property that you purchase to use your VA loan again. So it gives you the ability. I've seen people that have three or four VA loans all still active because they didn't burn up their eligibility by going out and buying a million dollar million one point five million dollar house the first go around. They probably bought a two three hundred thousand dollars house, started slow and work their way up, and they still have had enough eligibility to use their VA over and over and over.
Speaker 5: A loan is they give you a certain amount of money correctly.
Speaker 3: Depending on your status of how you got discharged.
Speaker 5: Depending on how long you work.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 5: So it's like you might have a million dollars.
Speaker 3: It's not that it's like and I'm not even going to try to get into that. Go get the home Boys Blueprint. It's a part of E Y L University Volume one. We kind of break all the rest. Great resource you know, it's a great resource that kind of breaks down the calculations and everything like that. But essentially, yes, the certificate eligibility will tell Linda, if this is your first time using it, if you have used it multiple times, how much of your eligibility is available, and then there's a whole calculation that we have to do on our and to determine exactly how much of a loan that we can get you approved for. So it's a process on our end.
Speaker 6: If you have one, then you obviously you get the additional properties. Are they looked at as investment properties because I know you said you can't use as rental.
Speaker 2: It's a primary residence, all of them, all four of them.
Speaker 3: So when you buy the first one, you can rent out after you meet your one year required and you can go buy a new primary residence and now turn that first property into a rental. So it's essentially your house hacking, but you're just doing it the not quote unquote non traditional way, and you're using the VA loan. Again, even if you have to put down a down payment five percent, you have no PMI, you're going to have a low interest rate, right, So it's still a huge benefit for someone who's looking to use as much of the VA as possible, because look, they earned the benefits, why not use it, use it as many times as you can. So some people might start off with the start at home two hundred, two hundred and fifty thousand, whatever it is, and if they understand how to run the play, they'll continue to use their VA, move out of one, living it for a year, move out another one, and keep going to keep going. So if you do it the right way, you can you can buy a couple of properties using your VA loan and having all those VA loans still open, not having a refinance out of them.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, that's good to know a lot of information when it comes to the VA loan situation.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about how I'm gonna cut you off. I said that in your voice too, don't mean to cut right. So let's be since I've said house hack, and I want to talk about multifamilies real quick because this is very important.
Speaker 6: Before that, don't mean to come you off. I mean, I don't want to interrupt your wisdom. But like that one, are there disadvantages?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: So those are some of the advantager And I know people have said like, does every lender off of VA loans? Like, are there things that we did if they're veterans that they should look out for good question.
Speaker 3: So not all lenders and loan officers are built the same. Just because someone offers a loan product doesn't mean they know how to close that loan product. Doesn't mean they're well versed in that loan product. So for the majority, yes, all lenders will offer a VA loan. And I want people to understand this right, there's a lot of lenders out there that will have the name, their name of their company. It will sound military issue. That doesn't mean the VA is endorsing them. So a lot of people will go to these lenders because it sounds like it's military and it's a military mortgage company or something like that that is VA endorsed, and it's not. The VA doesn't endorse one particular lender over another. That's just a marketing tactic. And you have to be careful, especially your veterans, because a lot of times these companies are offering you higher fees and higher rates than someone like myself or a mortgage broker, a mortgage banker, So you got to be They may not have military slang in their company name, but doesn't mean they can't get you a better deal. So I want people to understand when you when you're shopping for who's going to do your VA loan, don't just go with the company or the mortgage company just because they have some sort of military affiliation in their name, because it's all a marketing tactic, right. So that's number one when it comes to people offering V loans. But again, not all in is a built the same. Not everybody unders stands VIA loans. These are easy loans if you understand what you're doing, but they can become very difficult if you don't. And again, the residual income is one of the big things that I see people mess up on because they never heard of it before and they don't know how to calculate it. But for multifamilies on house hacking, you can't. If you're a first time home buyer and you're buying a multi family property and you're looking to use the rental income to qualify, Unfortunately, the VA doesn't allow that you have. In order to use rental income to help you qualify for a multifamily using a VA loan, you have to document that you have at least twelve months experience of property management or owning a multi family property. So if you don't work in the property management field, if you don't have a multifamily currently and it's filed on your taxes and we can see that you've owned it for a year and you're collecting rent, then unfortunately, you will not be able to use the rental income to qualify you. Now, if you do have that experience, then the VA will require at least six months of reserves off your mortgage payments. So if your mortgage payment is one thousand dollars a month, we're going to require at least six thousand dollars in your bank account post closing, after you pay your closing costs left over. So I want people to understand using a VA loan to house hack and buy multifamilies, if you're dependent on the rental income to qualify you can you can be up for a root awakening. You will have to qualify using your own income to purchase that multi family all right.
Speaker 5: So let's get another topic in construction loans. This is something that you know, me and Troy's going through right now with find a Home and This is a lot of time people don't even realize that there's different loans that you have to take. Even when you're getting in a mortgage, all mortgages aren't the same, correct, So it's like a construction loan when you're actually building a house from the ground up. Correct, The financing is different, very it's very different, and it's a lot more strenuous. Well, I'll let you talk about it, but a lot of I don't think people are They wouldn't know that unless they've actually done it before. So building a house, you know, it can have some advantages, but you have to know what you're getting yourself into before you before you decide if it's gonna be a good decision or not. Absolutely, So what's to deal with the construction loan situation?
Speaker 3: Man construction loans.
Speaker 5: And once again construction for not construction like you're going to build an apartment building Like this is if you buy a plot of land correct and you just want to build your house as opposed to building a house buying a house that's already built.
Speaker 3: Correct. So you know, typically, like you said, you buy, you get a piece of land, and now you need funding for it. So there's two ways you can go by it. If you're the consumer, if you're the home buyer, you can buy the land or cash, which I would recommend I'm buying whether it's cash or you use a credit card, whatever means you find to buy that piece of land, because I feel like this is the easiest way to do a construction loan. And then now you go to the bank to get a construction the permanent loan, where now that construction permanent loan is basically it's treated like a refinance now because since you already own the property, so there's no rush right to get your plans and your permits and things of that nature. Because with most construction loans, when you're talking primary residences, which this conversation is about, the bank is only going to give you a construction time of nine to twelve months. So we all know permits can take six months. So if you do a one time closed construction loan, which is you're buying the land and trying to get the construction loans simultaneously, and you're using the bank for the finance and of the land as well, that's when I see problems arise because you're not technically the owner of that property. So you can't go out and submit architectural plans to the town that you're buying a property in until you close, because you technically don't own the property unless the seller of the property is willing to submit the plans on your behalf, which in most cases they're not going to do that, right, So it's much easier for you to acquire the land on your own then use the bank for the construction loan to build your home. And the reason being again is because architectural plans can take depending on the scope of your work, that can take two to four months, depending on how busy your architect is and how efficient they are, And when you get plans you're going to go back and forth to adjust things of that nature. So if you're doing a one time close to construction, that means you're in contract and you have a time clock already to close with the seller, right. They don't want to sit there and wait four or five months for you to get your plans together before you close, So again that can cause a delay and it can cause some between you and the seller. Now, if you've got an architect who's on it, it can get you plans in thirty days. Cool, you can do the one time close. But again another con of that is after closing, now you have to submit those plans to the town to get approval and depending on the county, which it has hit a miss, right, hit a miss for plans. I mean New York is kind of like, I don't want to say nothing negative because you know, but.
Speaker 2: It kind it kind of gets interest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it gets kind of it gets kind of crazy, and it could be a lengthy process. So now, if you're in a tome clock to build and the lenders only give you nine to twelve months, and some lenders will give you an extension of an extra two to three months. On top of that, you done wasted half of your time just waiting on the plans to get approved by the town. So my recommendation for construction loans and anyone who's looking to build their first home or their dream home, acquire the land first. Acquire the land first, have a dope ass architect who understands the urgency of what you're looking to do, get your plans and everything drawn up because you already have the home now or the land, so you don't have to rush. And now, once you have your plans submitted, then applied for your construction loan, because now it's more like a refinance. There's no time clock, there's no sellers. You can take four months to close, it doesn't matter. And once your plans get approved, then close on your construction loan, then boom, you can start your construction pretty much immediately.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so let's talk about the other way when you have a lender that will do both give you construction, the construction loan for building it, and then actually having the house built itself. Right, So there's two pieces you're paying for both. Now, I think the misconception this is something that we kind of learned through the process.
Speaker 3: Like you get that time frame to.
Speaker 6: Build, and you know you do that with your building and they'll say it's between six to twelve months, we can get this house built, correct, Right, But you're at the mercy of the town, correct, right, because and the builder and the builder and the engineers and the architects.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 6: But your paying for a house that you may not even live in, right because sometimes the building process may take sixteen months, absolutely, and so like for a year you might be paying interest, but after that twelve months, now you're going to be paying that full loan. So yeah, talk about that in the apportances, that having residual income in situations like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so when you get a construction loan, first, it's an interest. During the construction period, it's interest only payments. So, like you said, you're going to be paying a mortgage payment, you have to pay your property taxes, you have to pay your homeowners insurance and builders insurance. You're going to need buildings insurance as well to protect yourself on that end. But yeah, you're going to have a payment. So if it drags out, you know, and the lender says, okay, now it's trying to convert from the construction to permanent. Now you're going to be paying the mortgage payment. That's going to be hired because now it's principal and interest that's going to be included into your mortgage payment. So your first twelve sixteen months is all going to be interest only. And that's why it's very important if you're going to take the leap of faith and build your own home, especially if you're going to act as your project manager. You're hiring your GC, you're hiring your builder, you're hiring all these folks. And you're not buying directly from a builder, right, you're hiring everybody. You have to make sure you know what you're doing and you're hiring the right folks, because folks will sit here and overpromise and underdeliver you and kill your entire timeline, which ultimately is going to cost you more money as the homeowner. So it's very important that you make sure you vet out your team because your team has to understand the urgency of you getting it done the timeline, and they have to understand how they get paid as well, because there's a process of how they get paid. So when you close on a construction loan, the lender is only going to give you ten percent or max fifty thousand within ten ten days fourteen days after closing, and typically that money is used to cover you know, demolition permits, plans, you know, things of that nature. You're kind of like your soft costs, right, But the lender, I mean, the builder will have to be able to front that job. So let's just say that the building's going to cost a million dollars Fellas to build, and they only released in fifty thousand dollars. But the first phase of the project is going to cost you all quarter a million dollars. So now where does that two hundred thousand come from? Right, that two hundred thousand has to come from the builder. They have to be in position to start that job. Complete phase one. Then the lender will send out an inspector to inspect, you know, phase one, to make sure autis across ASA dotted. And then the inspector will go back to the bank say okay, you can release the draw of two hundred thousand, and then now the builder gets paid that two hundred thousand, and then they move on to phase two and it goes on like that until the job is complete. So it's very important that you understand your builder, understands how they get paid, and they are liquid because a lot of builders out here are not liquid as well. So you can't pick the builder just because they might have gave you the cheapest price.
Speaker 5: How do you note that liquor.
Speaker 3: Now the lenders will vet the builders as well. There's a lot of lenders out there that use third party companies, So I'm not going to mention their name because they don't endorse us, right, and they will have to see the liquidity of the builder bank statements, do you have Amax's whatever it is, to make sure that they are liquid to be able to do this job. Because the lenders, again they're putting out a million dollars on construction. They want this house built. They don't want to own the property, especially if is something that's not built right. So it's in their best interest as a lender to make sure that the builder can get this job done and they have the experience to get it done as well, because a lot of people talk to talk, but they can't walk the walk. So that's why again like a two or three K, I like to call it two or three K, the training will for investors. So a construction loan when you're going through like the conventional way for a homeowner, is kind of like training wheels if you want to get into development as well, because you have the lender by your side and the inspectors by your side that work for you, and the lender to protect you against the builders because you know, we all say contractors are you know, you know what I'm saying, but you got to But the bank is always going to make sure that they protect the investment at the same time.
Speaker 5: So what happens if it's not going right? Like, what as as a customer, what recourse do you have if the contractor isn't doing what he's supposed to be doing, it's not moving at the timeline that's supposed to be moved there, Like what can you do?
Speaker 3: You can fire them, but then now you start from square one again. Right now you have to find a new builder. Now they have to give you their cost. Now that's new paperwork that has to get submitted to the bank. Right, So it's a whole process that if you're doing this post closing right, you're doing the post closing and you're already in your project. It's like anything if you do. If you do a bathroom over in your house and you don't like the contract and you fired them, now a new contract is going to come in and say, well, their work is not good, So now I've got to tear all their work down and restart it over again. So now the cost will be more than what you anticipated. So you have to weigh out what's the opportunity cost really of me firing my contractor right now or my builder at the phase that I'm in right now, because I'm already started and it can wind up costing you more money. Now, if they're just negligent and they're just disrespectful and they just don't they're not really there, then obviously you're going to have no choice. But you got to handle your business because you are a CEO. This is real estate, right, so you have to fire them. But understand there's going to be now a whole new vetting process that now the lender is going to have to do. And then ultimately, if they're going to charge more than what the scope of workers.
Speaker 2: Already approve, you're not getting no more money.
Speaker 3: So where's that extra money. If they're gonna charge your extra fifty one hundred K, where's that extra money coming from. It's coming from you because you decided to fire them. So it's best while you're in the underwriting process. If you're going to make any changes with your contract or your builder, is best to do it while you're in the process because if they come with the higher scope of work, then you can protect yourself easier and reapply or not reapply, but you can ask for all request to see if you can get more of a approval to compensate for that extra money. So you just have to make sure again vetting out your people to make sure that they are who they say they are.
Speaker 6: If I'm looking to build a new property and I'm trying to find land, I know you can vet everybody on that side, but is there any way to or is there a database that you can vet the town engineer or the county engineer or the building department.
Speaker 3: Is there any way to do that?
Speaker 6: Because a lot of times, and we've seen it personally, like they're the ones that are hold enough the whole things, right, Like I might not move to that town, or I might not try to develop there if I know there's going to be that type of lay if they have a history of that.
Speaker 3: So typically when you're applying for permits and stuff like that, you would want to hire an expediter, right And the experedite is someone who works within the town or has a relationship with them and they're able to push the paperwork through in a timely matter. But ultimately, again it's relationships, right, Like if you hire a great architect and they have good relationships within the town because they're doing a lot of business and they're doing a lot of jobs, then they might not need to hire experdita because they know Mary Sue over here in this department and their sons go to soccer together, right, so they can have that type of conversation and kind of try to get things pushed through. But that's hit and miss as well. So no, is there a way to vet, really really not. It's kind of the lucky to draw and you have to put your plans in as complete as possible because sometimes they'll come back and they want corrections.
Speaker 2: To your plans and then you got to go back and forth as well.
Speaker 3: So it's unfortunately, it's one of those situations you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't. The town is always going to come back with something. They're always going to want some sort of correction, and there's always going to be some back and forth. And that's why your architect and building is probably one of the most important roles because they have to be quick on their feet. Some architects are just slow as hell to change something so minor to us. It might take them thirty days. That's setting your timeline back, right, So again I think not vetting the building apartment, you need to vet the architect to make sure that what's their turnaround for changes, what's their relationships with the town that you're building in. How many jobs have they submitted in the last sixty ninety twelve months? Right, these are questions when you're interviewing an architect. Just don't go off the referral like, oh, he's a great architect and this than a third Nah, Chill ask the questions. Right, this is your house, this is your business. You own the property, You're responsible for the mortgage payment, nobody else. So you have to make sure whoever you're hiring, you have to make sure they can get that job done. And they have a sense of urgency too, right, And because a lot of these folks they just don't have it.
Speaker 5: So let's talk about build to rent financing.
Speaker 3: Build to rent finance, yes, investors. Build to rent financing is you know something that's happening nationwide from a mom and pop level and also from the institutional level. Right, So build to rent financing, you can buy them in your you can get these Basically, it's the same thing like a constructional Right, you find a plot of land or older property and you want to build a multi family building. You know, five units, ten units, What have you, and most cases you want to have some sort of experience with investing number one. So most lenders, if you're a first time investor, they probably won't lend to you on build to rent financing because you just don't have the experience of being a landlord. So that's number one. So this is really not like a first time home buyer type of product. It's for the real estate investor. Everything is in your LLC, it's not in your personal name, just like when you're buying a turnkey prop. But essentially it's the same like construction loan. You're getting a loan from the bank to build the multifamily that ultimately you're not flipping the multifamily. You're going to rent it out. It's a new construction multifamily. And you can do this product nationwide, so it's a great product. Right now, interest rates are going to be a little bit high on a higher level just because the market that we d so you have to make sure the numbers still work. But traditionally for this type of finance, and you can expect you need to be able to put down at least a thirty percent down payment twenty five to thirty percent down payment plus your closing costs to get this done. But again it's the same thing. You need architects, you need to get your plans, You gotta submit earners. What's up?
Speaker 6: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast or seats of digital tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless.
Speaker 3: Whether it's a local coffee.
Speaker 6: Shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more. That's Square dot com, backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, let's square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day.
Speaker 3: It's like banking with P and C Bank.
Speaker 6: It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States secret Terry of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, you're next. You will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security permits.
Speaker 3: You need a construction crew. Your construction crew has to have experience will build them multifamilies. So it's not like you have my wake up and I'm gonna do build rent right. You have to have a team in place that can actually get the job done. Because now when you get to building atten you unit, a fifteen unit, a five unit, whatever it is, it's a lot more work that has to be done for from a design standpoint, to make sure everything's cold. And they're now submitting that to the town. Now that process can take a little while longer to get approved just because of the amount of plans that has to be submitted to the town.
Speaker 6: So you got a slightly higher interest rate. Correct, You're going to put more of a down payment.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 6: But on the flip side, new bills always attract premium customers absolutely, and so you'll probably get high rental costs from your renters and new construction. New bills always require for long term or at least for the immedia future if youre maintenance costs when the.
Speaker 3: People are in.
Speaker 6: There absolutely are other like hitting advantages that are inside this loan.
Speaker 3: Well, I can tell you about some cons before I go into some advantages. Right, So let's look at when you're doing anything build to rent. Remember this is an investment, but it's going to take time for you to recoup your investment, right because you got to think about this depending on where you're building that and to just get the plans approve, that could be six months eight months alone, right, then you have to build the property. Right, Building the property can take a year, maybe a little bit longer. So you gotta figure your first two years you have no income coming into this property, and then now you have to go out here and rent the property and depending on the market at that time, you might be protracting two years ago. Hey the rents are here, I'm going to make X right, or construction costs is this. But if construction costs goes up while you're filing your permits, that can blow up your numbers too. Let's say a rental income goes down or rent income goes down in your neighborhood, that can blow up your numbers as well. So there's cons with doing any type of build to rent type of finance. And so I want any type of deal. I should say, not just the finance of just taking on those type of deals, because anything can happen and within that time frame before you even put a shovel on the ground, right, which can really hurt your numbers.
Speaker 2: So I want all viole folks who are watching us.
Speaker 3: To really understand you can't have these lofty numbers because a lot of times people will come and say, oh, I'm gonna charge this. I know the market is this, but I'm gonna go to hear No, you can't depend on that, right because you got to always plan for the very worst case scenario. Now, on the flip side, your forcing appreciation, that's really the truest way to build wealth with real estate is now your force and appreciation. Right now, we're still in an appreciated market. Although home prices and values have come down, they haven't went negative, right, so you're forcing the appreciation. If you're able to get good court with materials, you can probably find yourself to have a lot of equity in that multifamily that you're building, and then now you'll be able to refinance out of that loan, get into and possibly take some cash out now so you can go and do another project. So builtering financing is a right product, but it's strictly for live men, not for freshmen, not for freshmen, not for freshmen, not for freshmen. You really have to you have to have a team, And I will advise anyone who's looking to do any type of bill to finance any type of deal like that, get some partners who know what they're doing, because it's a lot to try to develop property, and if you're a rookie, you're going to make a lot of mistakes, and it's almost sometimes better to either pay for some sort of consultant or mentor because that will save you a lot of time, mistakes and money. So I would highly advise anyone who's looking to do this for the first time to get to get some real people in their circle that can really help them and guide them. So that way you learn. You're paying for it, but you're earning while you're learning, so to speak.
Speaker 5: So what about people you made a video? I think about this when putting a house in your name as opposed to putting a house not in your name, so people can't find out where you live, different things of the nature.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the.
Speaker 5: What's the deal with that?
Speaker 3: So when you're buying a property and if you're using a non QM loan, a non QM loan is a non qualified mortgage that basically means that Fannie Mae Freddie mac fha Va won't purchase that loan in the secondary market. Right, this is a portfolio loan, which more non traditional lenders will use for non traditional buyers. Right now, if you're buying a primary residence, there are several lenders out there that will allow you to buy that primary residence in your LLC name. Right, we are living in the post pandemic era where a lot of people made a lot of money over the past two years, and folks are buying, you know, their mini mansions and their the mansions right now, and if you don't want the world to be able to find you, the best way is to put it in a l SE so that way they can't google your name and find you because it's in the LLC. So now the mortgage is in the LLC name, the deed of the properties in the LLC name. You own the LLC, the LLC owns the property, so it's the same It's the same way as if you're buying investment properties and putt in LLC, but this just so happens to be your primary residence. So there's several lenders that out there that will allow you to do this. But again, interest rates wise, right now, non QM loans is going to be in that seven to nine percent range, just depending on the lender and the deal that you're doing, but it can get done. I've done several loans like that over the past twenty four months where I'm working with celebrities or influencers and we're using these products to kind of shield their identity. And then also when you set up the LLC and it's gonna be a brand new LLC tool by the way. It doesn't need established business credit. You can have a minimum of a six forty credit score. Obviously, the lower the credit score, the higher interest rate. But the key to this is when you open up the LLC, you know where it says you open an LLC, it says registered agent. You don't put your name there as the registered agent. Because if someone looks in some way somehow finds that LLC and your the name is the registered agent, then obviously they're going to know you own it. So you got to have another registered agent's name there, so that way you showed as well. But yeah, that's a play right now that we're using on a daily basis.
Speaker 5: And mole it's the highest interest, it's a higher interest rate.
Speaker 3: It's gonna if you have a lower credit score, but if you have seven hundred plus credit scores. Because you're still personal guaranteeing the loan. I want to make that clear too. Although it's going in the LLC's name, you as the owner, are personal guaranteeing it. So if you try to skip down and not pay the bank, okay, they're gonna just put it on your personal credit and then they're gonna come after you. So yes, the high the credit score, the lower the interest rate, and in today's market, that lower rate will represent probably somewhere in the sevens the higher nine ten percent, especially if you're not low six hundred credit score.
Speaker 6: So are there are ways and I saw you post this as well, are there ways to lower the interest rate?
Speaker 3: Obviously we've seen them going up over the.
Speaker 6: Past twelve months and come down slightly over the past month or so. Are there ways that we can use or strategies we can use to lower our interest rates when it comes to finance, and know for primary residences or I let's take primary and maybe I guess so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So if we're talking the traditional route, right, conventional FHA, you could do what's called a two to one by down right now. Two to one buy down is it used to be popular during the wild cowboy days. It was totally underwritten different but now I like the way the program is. So basically, essentially, as a two to one buy down, you need to sell this concession the fundess buy down. You the borrower, cannot use your own monies to do the two one buy down. So how it works is a lender, let's just say you're doing the FHA loan. Let's just say today's rate is five and a half percent on a thirty year fix for example, the first year your interest rate will be three point five percent, the second year the rate will be four point five percent, and year three to maturity date will be the note rate of five and a half percent. So the lender will determine how much money are you saving between three and a half percent and five and a half percent and four and a half percent and five and a half percent. So let's just say over those two years you're saving a combination of ten thousand dollars. Right, you need to get a sealers concession of ten thousand dollars to fund that two one buy down, and that essentially will give you the opportunity to have a lower rate for the first couple of years, kind of like a teaser rate, so to speak. But it's a thirty year fixed program. And the idea behind this is, and this is why lenders started bringing this program back when rates jumped up, is because you know what, lenders are still going to lend. We're going to be creative, We're going to figure this shit out. Right, it's totally illegal, so we're going to bring back products that makes both sense and sense for all parties involved. This is a way to make home ownership affordable over the first couple of years while we ride the wave of this current cycle, and when rates tick down there's going to be a refinance boom in the next twelve to eighteen months, maybe sooner right now. Another way is to buy down points. Buying down points now you can fund this with a salies concession, or you can use your cash out of your bank account to buy down points and as part of your closing costs as well. And one point is equivalent of one percent of the loan amount, So if you're buying let's just say it's a five hundred thousand dollars loan, one point is five thousand dollars, and that will bring your rate down, depending on the lender, a quarter a point to three eighths of a point. So if it started off at five and a half, you brought a point, it will go to five point one two five percent or five and a quarter on a thirty year fix. And each point you buy will knock down quarter to three a's of a point. So that's also another way that you can bring down your interest rate. But ultimately, the way to lock in the lowest rates possible is to have the highest possible credit score that you can have, especially in today's market, where you know, even if you have a seven hundred credit score, you might not still get the lowest rate, whereas a year ago that still would give you a great rate at seven hundred and seven to twenty. Now you really have to be in that if you're going conventional, you really have to be seven forty seven sixty and higher right now to really get that whatever that national rate that people see online with no points, you really have to be in that higher upper echelon of credit when you're talking conventional. Now, fha, you can have a six eighty seven hundred credit store still get a great rate with those scores.
Speaker 6: So in that first scenario, going from's that example three point five to five point five, after it gets let's say after that third year, is it capped at the five point five?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 2: It's capped, right, So it's not an adjustable rate.
Speaker 3: Correct, it's not adjustable rate. It's a thirty it's a thirty year fixed mortgage. But speaking of adjustable rates, that's another way, but adjustable rates, you got to really look at the math and see does it make sense for me to take this adjustable rate because the a five year so adjustable rates are typically fixed for five years, seven years, or ten years, and then after that it adjusts for the life of the loan. Depending on where the market is, the rate can go up and go down. So folks who had adjustable rates prior to the pandemic, they won because they rates. If there was an adjustment phase, they rates drop down so they didn't really necessarily have to refinance and pay closing costs and things like that because the market was in a favor now on the flip side, huh difference, so they I advise all my clients and people who I was speaking to who had adjustables, you might as well get out of it because the ten, fifteen, twenty, and thirties the cheapest has ever been, So it doesn't make sense to play the risk. But in this market, adjustable rates make sense. For someone who is not looking and they know that not going to stand at home for the long term. This is not a thirty year play for them. This is a five year place. So if you know I'm gonna be in this house for five years and I'm just using this as my starter home. I wouldn't recommend getting a five year ARM. I would probably say do a seven or ten because life happens and you never know. And if you see an opportunity to refinance over the next couple of years and you still own that house, take advantage of the refinance opportunity as well. So adjustable rate mortgagees can work if it makes sense, But in most cases, from what I'm seeing, sometimes it just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 5: So let's talk about hedge funds buying single family homes.
Speaker 3: What's the deal with that business. Look, I know there's a lot of chat on the internet about the housing market, and a lot of folks will tell you, don't buy a house right now, don't do this right now. I tend to follow the money. What is the money doing. The money is the institutional investors and what they're doing right now. They're buying houses in the forms of billions and billions and billions of dollars. So for me, the light bulb goes over my head and say, hmm, what do they know that we don't know. These people are smart as hell, they're not stupid, and if they're buying homes, then why are we sitting on the sidelines, Well, not us, but why are some of our audience sitting on the sidelines and waiting for a quote unquote crash or anything like that to happen to get themselves in the game. If you look at the institutional money out there, they're buying all of Georgia right now for the most part. You know, you got Jeff Bezos and his back companies that are buying real estate. JP Morgan Chase just partner with another hedge fund. They're buying billion dollars worth of real estate right All of these companies, all these institutional investors are putting their money into the safe haven of real estate for a reason and the purpose because real estate is going nowhere. Right, Crypto was up to sixty plus thousand dollars. Now where is it at? Stocks was up where and where is at? If the housing market does crash, I can still go touch my house. The tenant still has to pay me. I'm still going to get the same cash flow because with inflation rising, even though it's coming down a little bit, people still have to pay their rent. And if you buy right, there's always going to be cash flow coming in no matter what the market is doing. So real estate is it will be probably one always one of the greatest investment tools out there, especially because of the tax benefits that come with it. And you have to understand the tax play behind buying that much real estate as well. So these people are rich and wealthy and they're trying to hedge their taxes and minimize it too. So what's the best player real estate? Brick and mortar because of things like depreciation, cost segregation, there's a lot of different things that you can do to offset your wins. If you got huge capital gains, you can put that in ten thirty one changes, buy real estate, so you defering your taxes down the road. Right. Real estate gives you all these plays that the wealthy use at scale to continue to grow their wealth. Whereas with us in our community, we like to listen to everybody else, but instead of following the money, so the institution investors are going to continue to buy real estate and also playing devil's advocate. Why is that too? Besides everything I mentioned is to keep the middle class middle classing right to make America ten period. Like the middle class areas they don't want you to own homes, They don't want you to be wealthy. They don't want you to be rich, they don't want you to build your wealth. So they're buying all these properties in my opinion, to keep the middle class at the middle class.
Speaker 5: So but like a lot of investors, like Julian Gordon, they like it doesn't make sense to invest in multi in a single family, invest in multi family owns. So this is contrary to that because this is billion dollar entities. They're not buying well, they're buying multi pemple, but they're buying single family homes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because single family is so you know, shout out to Julia first and foremost in the multi family movement. But I understand his logic is if it's a single family, one it's one income coming in and if they don't pay, then somebody has to pay that debt. Whereas it's a multi family, you have multiple rents coming in, so if one person doesn't pay, you have four units. You still got three rents coming in that can cover, right. So I understand that logic, But the reality of it is people live in single family rents. Who's longer than multi families. Multi family apartments are smaller than somebody want to live in house. So if you have children, you don't want to live in the hood where are most multi families at. And now New York is different, right because you can go to Brooklyn and be in Park Slow and it's five million dollar multifamilies there, right. So New York is just a different peace in the self. So I can't compare New York to the rest of the country. But if we all travel around the country, and where you see multi families at. You don't see them in the suburbs, you don't see them in the good school districts, you don't see them in where there's good stores and amenities and things of that nature in the area. So most folks who have children, especially young children, that want school districts, They want to live in a single family home. They want backyard and bar mitzvahs. They probably just can't afford to buy right now, but they still want to live good. Right. So America's institutional investors understand that this is why they're doing more build to rent properties where they would build these communities for single families, and traditionally they would sell those and flip them now with rent at all time high style one bedroom apartment is on average nationally two thousand dollars a one bedroom apartment in New York right now average is six thousand dollars. Right, look at what's happened in New York. The empty office spaces are now being converted to what apartments? Yeah, right, So investors, especially institutional investors, are always going to find a way to make money. So it's no right or wrong way, whether single family or multi family, to me is no debate. Right if you are there some areas where it might be better to buy a single family and rentals. I know a lot of investors that swear up and down about single family rentals and won't touch a multi family and vice versa, Like the Julian Gordons of the world. They won't touch a single family. They want more family. So I think it's really about picking your poison and doing what works for you, not kind of following suit with everyone else, and understanding your numbers and what your ROI needs to be and they kind of moving on from there.
Speaker 6: Do you think that's where because I'm seeing a lot of commercial real estate being vacant, you think that is the way we're aheaded with this. Those commercial real estate spaces will now become rental properties inside would be like a conversion.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely. I mean when we was at lunch with down people's we was having that conversation too, where conversions. There's billions of dollars just in New York City right now that's being flooded into the market in these office retail spaces that are now because look look what happened during the pandemic, companies people got to work from home. Why do I need to pay one hundred thousand dollars a month with that space? So what are the land and those are rentals right, they're leasing. They're not owning these skyscrapers in these buildings. So they rather pay the penalties to get out, then they can deduct it anyway off they taxes, so it's a whole place. So it really doesn't If they are a profitable company and they got a lot of money, it's not going to hurt them to get out their leavest. But from the landlord perspective, it's going to hurt me now because maybe I got the penalties and all this upfront money, but now I still got a vacant property, So why not convert it? Because there's a housing crisis. I think America needs about seven million homes right now to kind of balance out the housing market. So why not where you have all these cities and people now want the amenities, they want downtown living, they want the New York City flair, so to speak, in smaller towns and things of that nature. So why not create loss? Why not can create one bedrooms, two bedrooms in a downtown area, because now that's going to command what more rent, So you'll find people that will live in these as an apartment versus businesses that probably can't afford to rent them.
Speaker 2: So it's a play that's going on.
Speaker 3: And there's billions of dollars that are being dumped into converting office spaces into apartment So.
Speaker 5: How do you get licensed to become a real to a loan officer?
Speaker 3: Good question, and I don't think we ever spoke about that. So to get a real estate license, I think it's it's cheap. It's a couple hundred dollars, right, a couple hundred dollars investment. You need to take a seventy five hour course, be over eighteen years old, pass a background check, past the class. Once you pass the class, then you have to submit for your license and for the state that you're in, and then once you get approved, you have to get sponsored by real estate brokerage and then once you get sponsored, they issue your license, and then today I'm a real to So you really can become a real estate agent thirty days forty five days is depending on where you're located, and it's only going to cost you a couple hundred dollars to do, so it's not an expensive investment. Now on the flip side, just because your licensed real estate agent doesn't mean you're gonna make no money. The average real estate agent probably does one deal a year, if that right, So twenty percent of the people and really to have a real estate license are doing eighty percent of the business. And it's like any sales profession. I'm pretty sure when you were financial planning the numbers were pretty much the same. Even on the loan office socide. It's the same thing. So just because you got a license, it doesn't give you a license to print money. You have to go out there and you have tool network and you have to really roll up your sleeves to get some business because it's not easy at all. I think in New York Co. Loan is over thirty thousand real estate active real estate licenses. Thirty thousand people are not closing deals. You know what I'm saying, It's not happening, so, but it is. I believe that if you are looking to get into real estate, and if you don't have the capital to get into real estate, go get licensed. It's not going to hurt you. Because everybody knows somebody who needs to rent an apartment or do something like that. You can. It's so many different streams of income when you become a licensed realtor. You can rent apartments, you can sell homes. You can represent sellers, you can represent buyers, you can represent investors, developers. You can property manage right. You can do BPOs broken price opinions, which is basically appraisers right on behalf of the banks. You can do short sale negotiations. You can wholesale because in some states now they're requiring you to have a real estate license to even whole sale properties. Right. So there's many different avenues of making money. When you have your real estate license. You just got to figure out what's going to be your play and kind of stick to it. Now. Also, to get your mL license. To get become a licensed loan officer. Believe, you've got to take like a twenty five hour class and tests, and then when you pass that, you got to take a federal exam. You pass the federal exam again, it's a couple hundred dollars for a couple hundred dollars investment to get licensed. Once you pass the federal exam, then you submit to the state, you submit to NMLS. You got to do your fingerprints, your background check. It's a little bit more intense on my side because of the wild cowboy days and the market crash, so they kind of overregulated us. They blame us for everything, so we got overregulated a little bit. So now once you get your passed and then you have to get sponsored by a mortgage company, but the same rules apply. It doesn't mean you're going to make money, but both careers could be six figure careers. Seven figure careers if you really hit a lick and you really get a good referral sources and you're out there putting in.
Speaker 5: Your way and just a source of way to get information.
Speaker 3: Most importantly right information and resources. Right now you have a real estate license. Now you got access to MLS, the multiple listing service. Now you see all the homes that are being listed, you see who listening to homes. You get access to the public records. You get to learn how to navigate the systems. You get to learn how to look for comparable sales right. So there's a lot of knowledge that comes with this. And if you get with the right brokerage, the right real estate brokerage will always offer training. They will always have mortgage professionals in their offices like me, training you on loan products. They'll have title companies in your office. You'll learn so much. So it's a great way to get started if you want to be a real estate investor is to start off by getting your license, earning some money. Now you take your commissions, and now you start buying properties because now you start learning all the players are, especially the local players in your area. And now you can build a referral worre. I know people who got their real estate license, they don't sell the house at all. They just a referral network. They're refer to agents all over the country and they'll just get all the leads and they'll make thirty three percent of that transaction. Right, So that's also another play too, right, So there's a lot that you can do with you have your real estate license face BENGI.
Speaker 6: I'm looking at you, man, and I remember you know it was Marsha twenty nineteen when you sat down in the dining room. And what I've seen, obviously very close up is the growth obviously you in the real estate world, obviously in the social media world as well. And I've listened to you over and over and every time I hear you, I feel like you're being more You're more educated than the last time. Right, So it feels like you're staying on top of the game. But I wonder, now, as you look at it from where you stand, what's a missing like, what's a missing link inside of real estate that nobody has tried to solve or nobody has found a solution for it just yet?
Speaker 3: What's missing? I think representation matters in our in the real estate world. There's not too many black real estate mortgage broke riches, owners and banks mortgage banks out there.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: When you're in cities like Atlanta or Houston where's predominantly black, yes, you'll see more black real estate brokerages, more black mortgage brokerages or mortgage banks. But when you're in the Northeast East Coast, I mean, how many black mortgage company owners do you guys know? I don't, I know, and I'm in this business for twenty years and I probably say I know two or three black people that own a mortgage bank or mortgage brokerage. So for me, what's missing in my career I've been doing this now twenty years is ownership. Most people think I own a mortgage company, but I don't. I just represent my team and I represent my last name. So for me, my goals have shifted, especially because of the past couple of years of what we've all been through together as a unit with Euyle University. We're doing events and traveling and now becoming an international speaker. I'm going to definitely use that all the time now, Rashana, thank you as you should. First he said I was the authority of real estate, and I'm like, what Now I believe them and I'm living that. But that's another story, y'all. But ownership for me is what matters. So now I'm in the process of getting my mortgage broker license to open up my own mortgage company. Which I would turn that into a mortgage bank and hopefully within the next five years take that mortgage bank public and have a couple billion dollar evaluation. So for me, what's missing in my career right now is the representation of ownership. Because it's great to sit out here and do content. It's great out here to teach people and do loans for people, But how do I bring up the next Who's next? Right, who's the twenty year old MG, the mortgage guy who might watch this and they might want to get into the business, but they want to work for someone that looks like them, that talks like them, that understands where they come from. Right, That's where I want to do. So it's easy for me now to hire people and have them a part of my team. Right now, I got to really do this for my last name, how do I really leave the legacy of everything that I work hard for? And that's really what ownership bro So yeah, so galland Mortgage Group. Hopefully I can get that name approved with the licensing and the FEDS and everything like that coming soon. But that's my next step is ownership and becoming one of the biggest black owned mortgage companies. In the world.
Speaker 5: You have it, ladies and gentlemen. One last thing before you got USDA loans, that.
Speaker 3: Brief USDA loans. Those are euro rural loans, right, so, and believe it or not, there's a lot of rural eras areas in America, right But it's again it's one hundred percent finance and I believe the minimum credits care is.
Speaker 5: Six twenty urban areas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, there's there's a lot of opportunity to use these loans. And that's it's something that I don't speak about a lot of at all because I don't do too many of these loans. But it's a good program. You can buy ten fifteen acre homes that are sitting on these type of land where you cann't do that with a conventional mortgage. You can get great low interest rates. There are some of the programs have income restrictions on it, so you kind of have to check and see what if there are income restrictions for the areas that you're looking to buy in. But ultimately it's a great loan for someone who's looking to own a lot of land and you can get one hundred percent finance and with low, low interest rates. Yeah, so it's a great program. But I'm not gonna say I hold you up. I don't fund too many of these loans. I can, you know, do a whole class on this at a later note. But for this purposes, I would just say Google's your best friend and kind of really look into it more. Google's your friend, bro. Google's your best friend.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 5: You have it? So how can people contact you for mortgages or buy your book? And then to talk about the real estate blueprint as well?
Speaker 3: So apply with MG dot com if you want to do along with me and my team with licensed in twenty one states pretty much from New York to Florida, Cali, Texas, Illinois, Rhode Island, Alabama, Tennessee, Indiana, Chicago, Illinois. I mean I love Chicago, shoutout with Shan Scott, so we do a lot of deals over there. So apply with MG dot com. You can also go to my Instagram page MG the Mortgage Guy links in the bio set up a consultation with the team where would love to help you guys achieve your real estate goals, especially if you're learning from me. We'd love to help you. The book House Economics and real Estate Investors Manifesto both are number one best selling books on Amazon MS two times, the third times The chim Dog Got another book coming out soon soon come, and the books. So I'm glad you brought that up a shot because the bookstore is like my baby right now, because I have a lot of information in my head and I want to be able to provide people. I want to be the number one source for real estate education in the world. So people like to read. Although I'm not a reader per se, I know other people out there love to read books. They love to hold the book in the hand and just read it right. So for me, it wasn't enough just to put out courses and do webinars and do content. It was like, how do I reach more people? And that's where the bookstore and putting out books came into place. So for me, I don't want to. You know, most people they put out books a book every two years. I'm like, forget that. I can put out a book five times a year if I really wanted to, because the information is always changing and I can always do house economic, second edition, third edition, fourth edition, and so forth, right as time go on. So the bookstore, you know, go to mg Bookstore dot com and you can pick up some books and then the Home Buys Blueprint Volume one and volume two. Volume three is coming soon. So it's a part of succlusively part of e y L University. Eyl University is the number one online financial literacy platform the world, powered by Recession Proof. We have what twenty seven chapters in there. We have the Homebuys Blueprint Via one, Volume two. I mean we have a whole calendar man and it's like it seems like it's something going on every single day. We have the book club with Troy and Greg shout out to Greg. We have financial planning calls with Rashad. You have break bread calls with me once a month as well, and you have so many different things that are at ey L University. So I wild highly recommend you guys be a part of eyl University, become an owner and take your financial literacy and your business and your education to the next level.
Speaker 2: So yeah, go to e y l University.
Speaker 3: Dot com if you want to get the Homeboys Blueprint Via one, Volume two and potentially volume three coming soon, and everything else that we have to offer in e y L University and what else you ask me what else? I think it just took my part, man.
Speaker 5: I think you covered it.
Speaker 3: Man, don't think I got my lines anymore? What is it? Twenty seven chapters? What else?
Speaker 6: I think you ran down everything? Bro, it's a lot. Yeah, chapter to be in person, chapter meetings. There will obviously be some events. So yeah, it's doing improved.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Like I said, the Biggest just got bigger. So we really the biggest Scott bigger? Yeah, the Biggest just got bigger. You know, you guys are on a world tour. Biggas just got bigger and it's only going to get bigger, god willing. And I'm just happy to be a part of the ride. I mean, I remember the first episode, first episode, I was nervous as hell. I called them after the episode, said, Yo, can we just can we not put that out? Can you not put that out? I thought it was trash and it's a nah, you're good, I said, nah, bro, it's trash, Like, can we not put it out? I was nervous as hell and that thing took off? And I'm happy that you guys ain't listen to me because it changed the trajectory of all of our lives and I'm very thankful for YouTube Brothers for allowing me to always come back on the show and being a part of the network and having businesses together, and just the friendship and the camaraderie the hood and the conversations that we have at individuals and as a group is very important to me. So I want to thank you guys for everything. That this guy calls me like a month ago says, Yo, you're not hitting the mark or something, and I'm like, damn right. So these are the kind of conversations and this is real. Your circle is important. Those are the type of conversations you need. People who are going to be honest with you. That's in your circle's just not going to give you yes man answers and stuff like that. Even when you're not asking them for their opinion, they'll still call you and give you their honest opinion without trying to get at you in a negative way, because you never know how people receive information too at the same time, So I always appreciate when both of you guys call me on something and say Yo, MG, X Y and Z or X Y and Z like you did, and you know what I'm saying. I'm appreciative of that, and I'm thankful for that. So I always got to give you guys your flowers when I have the opportunity to, especially in the public setting, like earn your leisure podcast or earn your leisure show. The biggest show in the world was love.
Speaker 5: Appreciate it brother Yuniversity dot com joy.
Speaker 3: Shout to u IL University.
Speaker 6: I shout everybody on Patreon, shot that all our earners that are out there that are just repping the brand. I told you we started this thing out when we just said yo, just one person to day and that's growing into millions and millions of people. So just a testament to hard work, testament to networking and creating real relationships and real brotherhood. And I hope when you hear Matt speak and you know all those con words that he just said, that's just you know, it goes to show you, like you never know who's gonna come into your life at what time, but make the opportunity worthwhile.
Speaker 3: And I'm glad that we did that with.
Speaker 6: You, my brother, And there's you know a number of people that we've done that with. You know, we try to keep good relationships with everybody because you never know when you're gonna need somebody or when somebody's gonna need you. So shout out to everybody out there that's been supporting us and continue to rock with us.
Speaker 2: We got a lot of things ahead that are going to be amazing.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned, alert, Yeah, stay tuned, learned, has now been issues.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys, rocking once for see you next week.
Speaker 4: Peace, My graduates from my school being force back drop.
Speaker 5: Bag drop Mike Drotroproft.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 2: Will be protected. Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,