Speaker 1: I'll hit you with the shut the hell up us curse. It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: So before we get to whatever that is on the show, we got onto the topic of bathroom graffiti. Somehow found out, Yeah, something I never discussion, truly found out, something I never know my whole life til Katie told us that women's rooms have disgusting drawings of penises. Also just assumed they're very.
Speaker 1: Tasteful, beautifully rendered with light and shade. Yeah, drawings of shanss and just assumed that women are above that.
Speaker 2: That's funny if you assumed wrong, sir. Currently anyway, so I went to chat GPT asking about some of your better restroom graffiti. They went with the all time greats here I Sit Broken Hearted, a classic. I won't do the rest of that one. You're an advocate for the return of pay toilets. Have been for a year absolutely one hundred percent. H we aimed, and most foreign countries I've been to have paid toilets and therefore have public toilets, as opposed to the United States, where there's lots of areas where there are no public toilets because they've been destroyed by the drug addicts. And so you just can't use the bathroom, which is a stupid way for society to be. Anyway, we aimed, please, you aim too. Please. That's actually very you know, a good message and succinct and well done. Don't rush me. I'm making a masterpiece. I find that disgusting. Gosh, but I'll just leave you with this one and then I won't go through any more of these, because you know, I feel like I'm getting a poor reaction. Why what if the hokey pokey is what it's all about, that's pretty fine.
Speaker 1: There is a fabulous British pub in Sacramento, California, name of the Fox and Goose, great place for breakfast, and they're years and years ago. When I first went the in their bathroom, the men's room, I was only in the men's room. I'm I'm a cist gender male.
Speaker 2: Ah. There was graffiti.
Speaker 1: It was tile and grout on the walls, and there's graffiti on all the grout and it was all puns involving the word grout, the grout Gretzky grout expectations and it seems stupid, but there are so many variations, and some of them were like cerebral. It was my favorite graffiti of all time. Yeah, I wish I had more examples.
Speaker 2: It was so much more uplifting than a crude drawing of a penis and testicles for someone's number. Who is that for and for what reason?
Speaker 1: Well, Jack, you know this, It's for the artist. They are expressing themselves. Maybe they have an audience, maybe they don't. The art is for them.
Speaker 2: That's their big chance right there in that stall. I've never scrawled anything on a bathroom all my life. I know that for a fact.
Speaker 1: I believe I have made may have penned a response or two.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell this story. I've told it before. It is one of the weirdest things that ever happened to me in my life. Joe Hills from the bathroom. Joe's heard this story ten times.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm in the stacks at the University of Kansas taking summer school, the stacks being the giant library, and like my maga, on the fifth floor of whatever department. I mean, there's nobody around. I mean the library is, but it's an enormous library like big colleges are, and there's nobody around or whatever, and I'm I go to the bathroom fantastic, completely alone. I like my alone time in the library. Yeah, bathroom in the library, and I'm on the I am I'm seated for this activity, and I'm I'm killing a little time. This is pre smartphone. You know, in the smartphone era, I would have been reading my phone. But this is pre smartphone. I don't even what did people do in the bathroom pre smarty? What did you do with a sport for your fellow? That's right. Newspapers were big. Newspapers were big anyway, So I had no newspapers. So I'm just reading the wall and I'm killing time reading the wall, you know, it's usual. And then there is a I forget exactly what it said, but it was something about two for a good time or something like that. It was like a meet me here noon, Thursday the June eighth, or whatever it was. I thought, hmm, I'll be damned, it's a day's June eighth. What time is it? It is freaking noon, and I'm not kidding. Within moments, some guys head comes underneath the stall. He's laying on his back and he slides underneath the stall and he's looking straight up at me. It is noon June yes, and he's like wide eyed and ah, like he like he was not pleased that I was not received, you know, like like I wasn't there for the same reason he was there. And uh, I pulled up my pants and ran out.
Speaker 3: He's still telling this story too. Right on sird is that it's June eighth, the noon. I'd had that up there for two weeks. I go back June eatean noon. There's some guy in that day.
Speaker 2: He freaks out. It was so weird. I can I would recognize the guy. I'll bet I can still picture him. It was. I was so shocked. It was so weird. That sounds like something out of a movie. It does. You and you're laying on the floor of a bathroom and he's lid underneath there and I'm making straight down in his face like an exact I don't know if he was on a dolly like if you go under to change oil in your car or what you.
Speaker 4: Guys never seen O have you guys ever seen Dumb and Dumber? What happened that that actually happens in that movie? I'd forgotten that actually happened that gag. Wow, that was so weird.
Speaker 2: They stole your story. Yeah wow? Uh so?
Speaker 1: Uh In the intro, I said, I'm gonna hit you with the shut the hell up us curse. It's a Harold Potter story. The great JK. Rowling Project. There's a new HBO Harry Potter series coming up with with a pretty good cast really, including John Lithgow and some other people. But Potter coma wizard. Yes, apparently because of JK. Rowling's outrageous insistence that only women are women. There's huge social pressure you've got to be to harass these people. Open letter to John Lithgow, Please walk away from Harry Potter.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, could anything be more beloved than Harry Potter? And you're gonna be anti having of this Harry Potter show. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, this guy, Nick Frost was named as the new hagrid Um. He quickly had to disable comments on Instagram, then gave an interview in which he said that his opinions quote don't align in any way, shape or form with those of JK.
Speaker 2: Rowling, don't dignify their responses as hagrid. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really, Not only did he dignify it, but he he appeased the tiny angry hyperactivist crowd. Yeah, yeah, wow, And they go through all the various cast members saying, yeah, I had a friend call me uh and with John Lithsgow, had a friend sent him an article entitled an open letter to John Litsko, please walk away from Harry Potter, telling him, dude, keep your head down. I assume Liftgows's Dumbledore. Or did you already say yes? No I didn't, but yes, that's correct.
Speaker 2: So is this a like just an episode's version of the Harry Potter stories we've already seen before in movie form, or.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's the Further Adventures. Okay, it's going back to the Hogwarts days.
Speaker 2: So what are they now? Like thirties and beaten down my life?
Speaker 1: And no, it's like the end of the final Harry Potter Andy. Now he's forty five and kind of you know, stuck in a career and right, yeah, she's running around on him with the Malfoy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't start the books early enough, so I didn't get to the very last Oh with my kids. Do he and Hermione end up together? No they don't, no.
Speaker 1: Spoiler alert. No, they're they're best friends, not lovers. He's with Ginny Weasley oh, okay, that makes sense. And the final scene of the final book is incredibly touching, and the movie for that matter, hmmm, it involves a snape the bravest man Harry ever knew.
Speaker 2: Okay, spoiler alert, and again I probably won't get around to it unless I end up having more trouble. Well you should. It's it's terrific entertainment. It's great. It's just a good read. Of course, you read serious things. I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Then then this I'm currently reading as a novel. I don't read that much literature. I should read more because I really like it. I know i'm reading.
Speaker 1: I never have time.
Speaker 2: Uh. The End of the Affair by Graham Green. I read another Graham Green book last year. Oh, I'm a Graham Green fan. He is fantastic.
Speaker 1: She screams f you and stomps out.
Speaker 2: That's the end of the affair. But then, if you've never read Graham Green and you like books, give it a whirl.
Speaker 1: Well, Muppets super fans held a funeral recently, Jack speaking of popular culture and people way too into various things. So Disney World in Florida announced the end of Muppet Vision three d An attraction that had existed four decades.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, so forty year old three D technology. That must have been some Well, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a Muppet fanatics flock to it for years and years and.
Speaker 2: Years, probably now dressed as animals.
Speaker 1: Well, and this lady has a big Miss Piggy tattoo on her arm.
Speaker 2: All right, what is Miss Piggy doing in this anyway?
Speaker 1: They dressed up in costumes. I was all cried out, said a thirty nine year old man from Buffalo, New York. He showed up early on the last day Muppet Vision was open to the public to be among the first to experience the film.
Speaker 2: I like the way you verbally put man in quotes.
Speaker 1: What He watched it multiple times and waited in line for forty minutes just to purchase pressed penny souvenirs. And when a crowd gathered that evening to sing Rainbow Connection outside the theater entry, I'm guessing in your old city, I had to call it today, I was all cried out.
Speaker 2: Let me guess that these adults don't have children, A lot of them.
Speaker 5: Significant others or significant others, or they're all together, because it's like the crowd when we went to when my kids were younger and we went to Universal Studios for the Mario exhibit, and we actually stood line longest I've ever stood in line in my life, because I've regularly said I wouldn't stand in line for anything.
Speaker 2: My kids were into this, and we stood in line. They do a pretty good job at Disney to keep the lines moving to make it feel like it's not so long. But we could stand in line for like, I think two hours. I mean an insane amount of time. But you worked your way through this giant castle and up things and in things, so there's always stuff to look at anywhou. The other people in line were mostly adults. It wasn't kids. It was like thirty year old dudes there with their dude friend. And they didn't appear to be gay. They just like were childless arrested development. Oh it was so distinct. Fed boys they call them in Japan. Yeah, it was that. So the attraction that surrounding area previously known as Muppets Courtyard will be redeveloped into a section based on the Monsters Incorporated franchise. Okay, that's quite the leap forward in uh In culture from Muppets, because like Muppets is way before your time, like Ray Kiddy, No, I grew up with the Muppets. Okay, Yeah, Then they organized a prom themed gathering in February and informal clothing and they're childless. They don't you when you have kids, you don't have time for this nonsense to go as a grown up to do this sort of thing for a whole day and dress up. Like I remember saying this when I got back from Universal after going to the Mario thing, trying to picture when I was in line, trying to picture my dad as a thirty year old dressed in a Mario costume, waiting in line for hours to ride the rides. He had a couple of kids, and he'd had a job and been married for years, and you know, it's just it's just a ah.
Speaker 1: Oh, here's a guy with a three year old stepson. That's the only mention I can find of that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Being in that theater, in some cell sense felt like being part of the Muppet Show, said jd Hansel, a writer for Muppet fan site Tough Pigs, who recently made the pilgrimage to pay his respects.
Speaker 4: Yeah alright, hi yah, Well, I guess that's it.