Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becka Tilly and Tanya rad and iHeartRadio and two times People's Choice Award winning podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, how's it going?
Speaker 2: We got to think of something because it does sound drab without it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I wish we could delve though, Like we got the numbers, but I'd be curious if it's because it's the same every time. Should you change it up every time? Or do they want to gone?
Speaker 2: So what I think it is? I think scrub it up Dub was fine. Yes, I think in the tub is what people were like, Well.
Speaker 1: That is kind of weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I mean I've found it ever since she said it. I think I made a comment about it. But I think we can keep scrubing up dub if you feel like you want to sing, I'm good I didn't. What are you mad at me about? I'm not mad at you? Why am I getting attitude?
Speaker 3: No attitude?
Speaker 2: There's attitude, not.
Speaker 1: A strong attitude happening. See. So, just if people aren't aware, we did a poll feel Sad on the Facebook group asking what do they think about Tanya's scrip.
Speaker 2: We did it an anonymous yeah, yeah, Oh Yeahbert, unless it was one of you guys, I didn't do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Scrubber do that like something Mark would do.
Speaker 1: Scrub Tonya asking since this came up in today's episode, how do we feel about scrub a dub dub and the tub of tub tub seventy not a fan that hurts some comments, Abigail said, if there was a doesen't phase me option, I would take that.
Speaker 3: It's meant to delight, not to not phase Nikki.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize people hated it so much. I think it's funny and cute. Doesn't bother me, Abigail, I literally hate it. When Tanya says it at the top of the episode, it reminds me how far we've strayed from the Gray's commentary, and it makes me sad brook It is so cringe. I fast forward through it.
Speaker 2: Wow, whoa, that's like three seconds Nareda.
Speaker 1: I sing it with Tanya at the beginning of the podcast. Jenna is not necessary, but I'm so used to it. I sing along April, who cares. It's so on brand for Tanya and that's what makes it cute and funny and it makes me laugh every time. And it's energetic and it sets the tone. I like the whole segment. It's one second. It's one second, Alyssa. I sing with Tanya when she says it. I love it, Kelly Ray in the most loving way possible. It and that to be continued to the end. Can both go. They feel forced, and they make me cringe so much love. I'm a Day one listener and I'll listen forever.
Speaker 2: Cringe is tough, cringes.
Speaker 1: Ouch, Rafaela, I love it. No complaint's Lindsay. My son says it with Tanya every time, so you know it's across the board.
Speaker 2: And I told her that. I told her that, you know, I.
Speaker 4: I think I've lived enough life to know that I'm polarizing. A boss once told me that I was a cartoon character of a person and that people can only handle me and sizes, and maybe he's right.
Speaker 1: For some people, he's not right.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was right.
Speaker 2: I don't think that you're scrub a dub dub in the tub of tub tub tune like in Cops. Cops late to you as a person kind of does it really.
Speaker 1: Doesn't doesn't, not as a person nor as a radio person, right.
Speaker 2: I think it's just a preference and we got the the opinions on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: So yeah, oh yeah, and they said in general, they said, in general, our intro and our intros are just like so dull compared to other podcasts. Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 4: You know what it is that the Toast created a song and it's so cute. Every time I hear I sing along a good morning, it's the toes thin.
Speaker 5: Clawden where you're hut that the next time's here, Sorry everybody, Easton's not here, but next time he's here, he may have when that somebody sent in that maybe we could adopt.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's a better move, like a little fun jingle is so cute.
Speaker 2: I know, I agree, but I I know that.
Speaker 3: I can ask chat chips to do it.
Speaker 2: But is it an iHeart thing where they all the intros are very similar.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be.
Speaker 3: It doesn't have to be. We don't have to follow suits.
Speaker 2: We can do whatever we want, can do whatever we want.
Speaker 3: I'm speaking of Mark.
Speaker 4: Yes, did you know all the other podcasts have their own mic flags.
Speaker 1: This is a thing as well. This is not a Mark thing. I wouldn't even know how to change in mic flag.
Speaker 3: I know how to change a mic flag, you.
Speaker 1: Have to take the whole microphone.
Speaker 3: There's a whole, but I'll show you there's no Oh no, I don't want.
Speaker 2: To do it.
Speaker 1: It's a terrible idea. What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Do it on this one?
Speaker 4: But I can do it on the one Beca's using. It's very easy. So basically all you do is you undo that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do that. Undoing anything makes me nervous.
Speaker 2: I told, I explained that to her. I said, I think we definitely should have them when we do it in the other room with guests. We should have our own mic flag because I don't know how we have been one of the longest running podcasts that I HEARTMA and don't have our own microphone.
Speaker 3: You know why? Because we're just nice and kind and agreeable. Why with that?
Speaker 2: I didn't know anything about it until you sent me. I didn't even know what that's.
Speaker 4: Called desk, and I see call it what it is. I see, I'm a Charlotte Mike flags. I see all these new podcasts have these shiny, bright new toys.
Speaker 3: What a scrubbing and have nothing nothing? Well, I'm about.
Speaker 1: To I don't think mike flags are something that our listeners care about.
Speaker 3: You never know they care about an intro.
Speaker 1: Well, they have to hear that every week. The Mike flags that can be oblivious to.
Speaker 2: About the respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah. By the way, the Mike flags is a little cube thing under the microphone that has a logo.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're watching the videos, this little.
Speaker 4: Square say honor with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: I know that's what I said. I said, since we do the podcast most of the time in the studio, it's fine. You don't want to have to switch them every time. Feels annoying. However, in the other room, WHI should ever, even if we hold them by themselves, What if we just held them while we were in here.
Speaker 3: It's really not that hard. We could do it ourselves. I could teach you.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna do it now because we had to unplug the microphones, but it really takes five seconds.
Speaker 2: Anything unplugging is too much to me, especially I would imagine for Easton as the engineer who has to deal with the sound, and we had our.
Speaker 4: Home studios, I would change my flag all the time. I don't know why now that I think about it, but I know how to do it, so I could do it.
Speaker 2: For us.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to volunteer as tribute.
Speaker 2: Did you notice anything new about me?
Speaker 3: Your hair is different? It is different. Did you curl it differently?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I waved it with the curling iron because I normally have it blown out with like the dice and air up. It was kind of supposed to be a joke because of your hair thing, because I was dying at the comments and people were like, I went through the last five weeks and her hair is pulled back. And I went through and I was like, there's no way. Her hairs down a lot, and then every video it's pulled back in like a low ponytail braider bun.
Speaker 3: So so here's the here's the skinny on that.
Speaker 4: My hair is usually half a half down like it is today, so it is pulled back on the top.
Speaker 3: But I'm it's always down.
Speaker 1: Not always, not always.
Speaker 2: No, there was one where it was like this, and the rest were like all that. It was so eye opening because I was like, oh, maybe she's right, like I normally notice hair stuff, But I get why I didn't notice anything different because there wasn't anything different.
Speaker 4: I never wear it in that topsy turley hair thing, but I did.
Speaker 1: But the problem is that was behind you, Like, we can't see behind you right right.
Speaker 3: I know the back of my hair is no no issue for me.
Speaker 1: That was a good problem Crystal put together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she kills it. It was Crystal's birthday. I don't even know when this is airing, but last week La and I just need to say, happy birthday, christ We love you and appreciate you so much.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, Crystal.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday, Happy birthday, Crystal.
Speaker 3: We love you, we love you, we love you.
Speaker 4: What a gift again to the world, a gift to our scrubbing in community, a gift to all.
Speaker 2: I got my lips tattooed. So it's called lip blush.
Speaker 3: By the way, we're reverting back to your hair. I like it. Like this, I think better, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll take that into consideration while I'm doing my hair. If I'm going to see you, what just tan you like? No? I got so I went and it's called lip blushing, and it's where they do tattoo lip color. So they're really it's really intense right now. So once so basically it does what it tattoo does. Well, I guess it feels intense to me because I don't normally wear like bright pinkish colors. But basically after a week it'll go through the process like a tattoo, and it'll like really dry and scab and then it'll and then it'll just be like natural and I'll just have like a permanent lip color.
Speaker 1: So then you don't have to ever wear a lipstick.
Speaker 2: I don't have to. I do, but I don't have to, Like if I wake up and I'm just like gorgeous glowing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if the tattoo takes whatever a fact a month from now, are you done with lip gloss and lipstick or you're going to keep doing it.
Speaker 2: I'll put gloss on to give it shine, and I'll use lip liner, but I don't need to put a color.
Speaker 3: There's two different things.
Speaker 4: There's a color color, I put the color, and then you put the gloss on top.
Speaker 2: So that's just like clear, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the tattoo is to stop using what product this?
Speaker 2: No? Well yeah, but it's really nute. It's just to like enhance my like not having to wear makeup. If I don't want to wear makeup, I can just like feel like I like this because.
Speaker 1: She literally did. Yeah, Okay, how painful.
Speaker 2: Was that Okay, so this is a good question. You get numbed, so, oh it's that bad? Yeah, you get um Yeah, you have so many nerve dings in your lips. So the first I would say hour, it's probably like a hour and a half total. It's like a vibration. You don't feel any pain, Like I could fall asleep because I hear the sound of the.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the last thirty minutes when she starts going over places that she already went and like the like like the cup, it's bow quite painful. I would say a six point five out of ten.
Speaker 1: That's to wear off.
Speaker 2: At that point, I'm either assuming yeah, I guess that is that. Yeah, it's a commitment, but I love it. I've had it done before, so it's a little bit about me.
Speaker 1: Why have you had it done multiple times because it wears off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know, like with your lips, and it's not like going super deep like a regular tattoo, because you don't want to go like that deep into your lips, so it's it's more like surface level, so you just get them touched up.
Speaker 1: It's probably been like a year and a half since I did it.
Speaker 2: It's so fun. I love stuff like, I just love it.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's like.
Speaker 3: You know what, yeah, profound.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I think like I'm like, you know, I go back and forth with this, like I just want to wear sweats every day, but I also want to look cute and I also want to like, you know, all the things. And it's exhausting being a woman feeling like like for me personally, I can't speak for you or for any other woman out there wanting to present yourself in like a nice way, you know, Like I don't want to look like slobko bob, even though I do a lot of the times like roll out in my sweats and stuff. I don't want to present that way. I want to present myself like a strong business woman, you know. So I do have to put some effort into it, but gosh, the crimping of the hair, putting on, like putting on makeup every day and I don't do it, but the last three days I put makeup on every single day for three days in a row, and it's just like exhausting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love.
Speaker 4: It, Oh, I like look forward to doing it, you like we get already. Like there's two types of people in this world. The ones who travel like me, who I use that as my excuse to like not wear makeup, wear whatever comfy is, clothes I can possibly put on my body and that's how I travel. Becca puts makeup on to get on the airplane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I just want to you want to which is I know?
Speaker 3: Which is like so nice? Like I wish I had that.
Speaker 2: I also think my mom always like made herself presentable when she left, so it was like and not in a way. She never made me feel like I had to do that. But I just saw, you know, I just watched that, and so I love it. But I don't feel any type of like resentment about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you if I had put makeup on to go to the airport, I would be.
Speaker 3: Annoyed it myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but again, different types of people in the world, different strokes for different folks.
Speaker 2: Is anyone watching the Pit?
Speaker 1: No, I feel like I'm cheating on grays if I watched the pitch.
Speaker 2: Okay, so about the Pulse, So okay, I'm hearing I'm hearing about the Pulse. The pit I tried to watch. It was a little too glory for me. But everyone has been like, just get through the first episode, you'll ad just so I did. Now I'm like very locked in. I want I'm just like I'm excited to go home and watch after this eight or nine. Okay, it's very there's no music, so it's very just like it feels like you're in the er. It's very intense storylines, and it's going hour by hour of this shift in the er.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's cool. An hour of Yes, it's like twenty four, like it's real.
Speaker 2: Time, yes, or of a shift, so it's not twenty four, it's like whatever, the shift forty twelve maybe tween episodes of okay, so fifteen hour shift.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, so episodes.
Speaker 2: Every episode is an hour from the same shift.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: It's cool, but it is little glorier and there's no.
Speaker 1: Nine am. Oh that's great.
Speaker 2: A lot of people said, now that they've watched The Pit, trying to watch any other medical shows that they feel so corny.
Speaker 1: That's the problem and corny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I heard the everyone's like, you need to watch the Pulse. It's more like Gray's And I'm like, but.
Speaker 4: I'll I can't make a decision the Pulse or Pit.
Speaker 2: Pulse or Pit Pit pulsor pit. Maybe start with the pulse and then watch the pit if it's hard to go back.
Speaker 1: The pulse is ten episodes. If that's.
Speaker 2: Say, I imagine you'll like the pulse more.
Speaker 3: We'll do you.
Speaker 2: But I think you watch the pulse and I'm watching the pit and then we can compare and see. You can be like, oh you should watch that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll watch it tonight.
Speaker 1: Do it.
Speaker 3: I will have time, okay, town so Mama gets what she wants.
Speaker 2: MoMA. The other day we were supposed to meet for a walk and Tanya.
Speaker 3: Was like, I first she didn't.
Speaker 2: Mean, but she said, I have Sonny. I just parked at the Maybourne Hotel and I'm gonna go to Daddy's office while I wait for you. And I thumbs downed it because I was like, why would you say daddy to me? And she was like And so then I'm going into a doctor's appointment and she's rapid fire. I'm like trying to listen to the doctor. My phone is just like vibrating, and I'm like, who is texting me? And she's like, why did you thumbs down it? Are you okay? Hi? What's going on? And I finally get out the doctors. I'm like, I thumbs downed it because you said daddy, and she was like, oh my god, that's a typo. And I'm like, okay, well you're typing it too much of big honor correct to daddy? What is that?
Speaker 3: What are you trying to run, Robbie?
Speaker 1: That doesn't work that way.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I meant to say, I have Sonny, I'm gonna go to Robbie's office, and the I'm gonna walk your way to your doctor's appointment, and it's correct it to daddy's office.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 3: In my mind, I didn't know that I wrote daddy.
Speaker 4: So I just see her thumbs down. I'm like, does that mean she's not meeting me for my walk?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: What am I supposed to do with this thumb's down? I had no idea what that thumbs down? So I was panicking.
Speaker 3: I'm like, hello, hello, right mind.
Speaker 2: Just parked at the Maybourne, Gonna go visit Daddy at work, then head toward Bedford. It's even worse than I remembered. It deserved it thumbs down, visit Daddy at work. The fact that your phone autocorrect Robbie did daddy? Lets me know that language is being used too often.
Speaker 3: Honestly, or maybe it was like I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't need to know more details about what I'm just gonna go with autocorrect.
Speaker 3: That's enough. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: But we do have some dear bonnier questions. So we're gonna take a break and we'll be right back. All right, we are back with some dear bonya cues.
Speaker 1: Hi bt m e. This one starts. I like that. I just looking at pictures of Walton gogin speedo.
Speaker 4: So I was just very alarming on the TV. Quickly yellow banana hammock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, since you loved wanting to help people found your podcast. It was my sister. I would often wake up and she had you on blast while getting ready and giggling to herself. I am part of the l g B t Q plus community and she had me listen to Becka's episode about going public with Haley, and I've been hooked ever since. I don't think you'll realize how much you brighten people's days. Well, that's very sweet. This is from Oh she signed this PDA PTSD. I want to ask Beca how she and Haley have become so comfortable with PDA in public. I admire how you are so yourselves, even in large settings like Tanya's wedding. It's probably a testament to the people you surround yourself with. I have been with my girlfriend two years and I'm still very heah to hold hands in public because of people staring or judging. In the beginning of our relationships, she was okay with but her love language is physical touch. It's become a rift lately. We're both accepted by friends and most family, but it's the others that stressed me out. We've gone to functions where you wouldn't even think we were together, as I'll just keep myself busy talking to others, which leads to arguments, especially because I've been hit on before because it's not clear that I'm with someone. I've just had bad experiences in the past with things said to me or stare that it's always in the back of my mind. We have two weddings to attend this year. My girlfriend has made it clear that she wants us to act and look like a couple. I know she's my person, but I am scared that she will become frustrated with my insecurities around this and a note. We do live in a city that is very accepting of the community, but I still feel uncomfortable. Any advice would be appreciated in Tanya, congrats on such a picturesque wedding, Love you all.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of when we first started. I think around family and people that I wasn't sure how they'd react. I was a little more are held back with PDA, but I think Haley and I had a conversation about it, and she was always very clear she didn't want to feel hidden or like put back in the closet, and so I think as soon as she explained that feeling to me, I was like, Okay, then I think I need to practice when I'm in situations. I would say I'm very rarely in situations where I'm around people who make me feel un comfortable. I try to avoid those at all costs. But I also think living in LA like that part of it is super easy, Like I've never questioned it, just walking around with her in public, and again, you're right, I do surround myself with people who are very supportive and loving, and even at weddings. Not that Tanya's wedding felt like there was anyone there.
Speaker 3: Who would care, literally no one.
Speaker 2: I think we've also been together for a long time.
Speaker 3: But I think I've met most of those people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I think it's also how you approach the confidence of your relationships. So it's kind of like how we've talked about We've talked about this a lot on the podcast, Like if you're going on a date with someone and you have a kid, instead of instead of presenting it like timidly like oh I have a by the way, like, don't be upset, but I have a kid, it's kind of.
Speaker 3: Tell you something. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's so important to practice confidence, and a lot of that comes with just ignoring any of the noise that could come or who cares what people are looking or staring. I think if you're confident about who you're with and you love the person you're with, you want to show them affection. I think it just shows people like, Wow, they're very confident in who they are and like how they love their person.
Speaker 3: But also like who cares what strangers think?
Speaker 2: Like I do care, like you're very much.
Speaker 3: I don't care about people I know.
Speaker 2: So I'm trying to come at her from a perspective of someone who does care.
Speaker 4: Because like somebody who I feel like, I'm probably like your partner, because I also like physical touch and I love PDA, and like I feel like I take it to an extreme, like all grab Robbie's crotch.
Speaker 6: And Yeah's crotch, So I feel like that would be really that would hurt my feelings if he my partner, didn't reciprocate that PDA back.
Speaker 4: So like I can empathize with your partner feeling that way, feeling slighted.
Speaker 2: It's also though sometimes I know Haley will always be like, oh, like it made me feel so loved when you came up and just like put your hand on my back. It doesn't have to be these like brand displays of affection. But I think even going up and touching her back or rubbing her back or just like holding squeezing her hand. I think little things like that will just even if that's how you have to ease into it. It doesn't need to be anything like grabbing her crotch, right, It doesn't need to be that, And it can be something as simple as letting her know that you're letting other people know who are watching you, that that is your person and that you are not single or available to be hit on. And I think just making her feel like you're proud of her, because even though you can say it in words and when you're alone do things, It's like showing that type of love and affection in front of the world is really important, I think, and especially in a queer relationship. It's especially right now, like it's just so important to feel like proud and confident in your relationship and make the person that you love proudly know that you love them.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm Atanya. I could care less what anyone thinks. And I'm in the minority in my family because my wife is a Becca or a PDA PTSD. She's very, very always concerned about other people thinking. It drives me crazy because who cares? And I guess the point is in your situation, the people who care are biggots, and so why would you care what biggots think? Like that should be the last thing on your mind. I think you need to get to a place of out and proud and everything BECA just said is right, And I know it's a process, yeah, but out and proud with whatever that out inness may be, it doesn't even have to be your part and your relationship, your sexual leanings. It could be anything. Be proud with who you are and what you want to be. And I have a quote because we always have quotes. We love quotes. Life is a game of three parts, and the first part you're very concerned about what people think about you, and in the second part, you don't care what people think about you. But in the third and final part, you realize people were never thinking about you.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, so true.
Speaker 1: Think about that.
Speaker 4: I never look at people that are like kissing in public and think like weirdos.
Speaker 1: No, but I will look at people kissing in public because it's great and holding hands love is love, and yeah is wonderful. I think it's fantastic love. I love out and proud people. I think it's awesome.
Speaker 2: I also think I always see, like when I see two women holding hands, I'm like, oh my god. Like I feel like it's like a secret club that I get to be a part of. Like I like, we're all in this club together. And so I think it's so important for people who are maybe scared or in the closet to see people like you and your girlfriend out showing book affection. Like, it's so important for people to see that. And also people who are out like Haley and I have been to see people and be like, oh my god, lesbians, you know it's fun. So I hope that you can lean into feeling confident and making sure that you don't care about because Mark's so right, like the people who who, the people who care don't matter, and the people who matter don't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just spinning out the clots like it's nothing.
Speaker 1: That's good. All right, let's see from a confused scrubber. Hello, Tanya, Becka, Mark and Easton. Last year, I ended up in a situationship with a guy after we both ended previous relationships. At the time, I was happy to keep things casual as I was still healing. Along the way, I caught feelings for him. I caught myself caring a lot and getting upset if he didn't match my energy. Long story short, he got a job at my company, so now we see each other a few times a week. Over the last few months, we've transitioned to being friends, keeping things friendly in a work environment. He always seemed to reach out, never letting too much time pass without having some contact. But there's always been mixed signals. Recently asked me to get a drink, but then on the day of he seemed disengaged and it became difficult to confirm, which is a common theme for him. After months of confused mixed signals and mental exhaustion wondering where I stood, I asked him please never speak to me again, which he didn't take well. I know I can be reactionary. I realized I still had feelings for him and cutting off contact was the best option. I've never told him that. I can't help but think I self sabotaged with someone I genuinely connected with, and I really enjoyed his company. I'd love to hear from Tanya and Becca how you navigated each of your relationships during the difficult phases. Tanya, you've spoken about Robbie not wanting to be exclusive early on, and then you had to navigate the trigger event. Becca you've shared that it took years for you to introduce Haley to your parents, knowing how close you are to your family. Did these events ever make you doubt you were with the right person. Did you ever debate cutting things off and thinking you deserved better? How did you keep your cool during the times when things maybe didn't go the way you pictured. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't introduce Haley to my parents for a long time, not because of anything Haley did me questioning my my relationship with Haley. It was nothing about that, But I also my whole thing with this confusion that people experience with these people, you're the right person, isn't going to make you feel confused?
Speaker 3: True but false as well?
Speaker 4: Why Yeah felt good to say, because two things can be true at the same time.
Speaker 3: So early days when I was dating Robbie.
Speaker 4: I was as confused as she was because I was like, I want to be with him, but he wasn't ready to be an exclusive relationship.
Speaker 3: Remember, but you know I'm gonna date someone else. And then he was like oh no, no, no, no, what to do job? Then he keep crawling.
Speaker 2: But he wasn't non communicat He didn't bail on plans or like disengage. He was very engaged when you were.
Speaker 4: Together, municative and honest about not being ready to be in an exclusive relationship. But that's confusing to me because you're acting like we're in an exclusive relationship, but yet you can't be in an exclusive relationship.
Speaker 2: See, I disagree he was dating. He was in a dating season, so I think you totally caught him off guard, and so I think he was like, wait, I'm wanting to like date and be single, but I just like met the best girl ever, and so I have to be honest with her about where I'm at so that the intentions are set if she doesn't want to do this. And so when he told you where he was, he was very clear, and you said, okay, well I'm going to date other people, and then he goes, wait, I don't want you to do that. Yeah, correct, that's not this. This is different.
Speaker 3: It's all confusion, you know.
Speaker 2: I just don't think the person that is meant for you is going to make you overthink every little thing you do like this and also throw a fit when you set a boundary. She said a boundary and said, don't talk to me like you're confusing me, and he did not like it.
Speaker 3: I don't think this is not not your guy.
Speaker 2: If he comes back and is a man and has like intentional conversation like hey, I'm sorry, I've been confusing you and I really want to be with you and date you exclusively. Great, I'm all about it. But this guy doesn't seem like the type he's going to do that.
Speaker 3: You might just need a little more time.
Speaker 1: T I M.
Speaker 2: Well, don't wait on him, is what I'm trying to tell. Don't wait, go date other people. Don't let his paldiness or whatever he's doing at work distract you, like you do your own thing. And if he comes back and can be have a mature conversation and talk to you like a man that you deserve, email us let us know. Okay, we do have one more email, but first we're going to take a break. A right, we are back, So before we get into our next dear Bonya's, we have a jingle that was submitted for our intro song from Amanda. This was back in March.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last month. This came in. I think we had talked about because you had mentioned that other show with their fun theme song, and we said, if anybody has anything, send it on in. We'll see what we like. So this is what she sent in, Amanda, Amanda, here we go.
Speaker 2: Sometimes about a TV show.
Speaker 3: Fenshion. It's too.
Speaker 1: Named bed Tivvy and Tony.
Speaker 3: I mean Amanda's voice is poor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the bop. Also, we'd have to change it to Tanya Yad.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, Tanya Rad is still technically going to be my name.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be Tanya Rad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's your middle name.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, say sometimes about a TV show friendship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a couple of words. I didn't hear it.
Speaker 1: I didn't get Yeah, more time, let's take it step through. Let's go through the lyrics. Swimbing, Hey, sometimes about a tee shop, mostly fenship.
Speaker 3: It's too man?
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 2: Too odd? Woman?
Speaker 1: I don't think I love that?
Speaker 2: It is too odd women?
Speaker 3: Was it mod women?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Mod women?
Speaker 2: Modern woman?
Speaker 3: Reverse? Can you rewind just a smidge?
Speaker 1: Not really? But I can go back this much? No, I guess I can't.
Speaker 3: All Right, here we go swembing, hey.
Speaker 5: Scrubbing and hey, hey, got that sometimes about a TV show mostlyship, it's.
Speaker 2: Too too mod women? But what did she say? Friendship and.
Speaker 3: No friendship?
Speaker 4: I think it's double friendship friendship friendship.
Speaker 2: And two more women.
Speaker 1: Here's the rest. Shoot, I'm sorry, Tilly Antony, two women named Becket till Anton you're at Yeah, okay, I love it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Amanda, throw send us the lyrics.
Speaker 1: Amanda and then well we're.
Speaker 6: Down all it was fun, it's cute, and.
Speaker 1: If anyone else has options, we can rotate them whatever.
Speaker 4: Nothing i'd love more than a rotator.
Speaker 1: We're coming to the end, I think the end of these days scrubbing with that that is maybe coming to an end.
Speaker 3: I'm with it, okay, Tatum.
Speaker 1: Day one listener and the biggest fan of the whole scrubbing in fam here. I wrote your four names and different orders a million times, and none of them felt right, so we landed on scrubbing and fam. Thank you for bringing light and love to my life every week. I would like to hear what each of you are most proud of in your personal life and your professional life. Tatum, I like the name Tatum.
Speaker 2: It's a great name. It's my cousin, my cousin's daughter's name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good one.
Speaker 3: Tatum Tilly, No, that'd be good too, That's cute. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you have anything off the topic.
Speaker 1: I'll go first while you guys think of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Personal life, I'm just really proud to have been in a relationship now for twenty eight years. The summer will be twenty.
Speaker 2: Years, honestly. Yeah. In these days, well, sure lifetime, very proud of that.
Speaker 1: I'm very proud of my daughters. I'm very proud of that whole family we've created and that kind of environment, proud of that. Professionally, I'm very proud that I own a house in southern California and I'm putting my daughter through college without debt, and that is I feel like an amazing accomplishment. And when this relationship started twenty eight years ago, I'm not sure I was very confident that that was going to happen. So it's pretty it's pretty great, and I don't want to lose sight of that or take it for granted. I need to think, Wow, I've actually done something here.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say personally, I would say the growth of not I mean, I would say I'm a recovering people pleaser, Like it still happens, but I really feel like I've leaned into like living my life the way that I want to despite any opinions about it and my relationship with Haley, I feel a lot of pride in And then I think professionally also, I was going to say buying my house and like extending the house into my ad like I just feel very proud that I'm able to do that at my age and also like not being married or having someone that's like like being able to do it by myself. I guess yeah feels really cool and I feel a lot of pride in that.
Speaker 3: Personally, I feel most proud that I really.
Speaker 4: Feel like I march the beat of my own drum. I really just like live my life the way I want to live it, which I always have. And I think in high school I was like a little embarrassed of it, you know what I mean, Like I was like I cared more about what people thought. I still was myself and I was like the way that I am now just like loud and out and like yeah silly and goofy. But I think I cared more in high school. Now I like really don't care, which I like am proud of, you know. Yeah, Because like I posted this video, the viral, the video of me that went viral, it was like thirty three million views, Like thirty three million views. Now I got like the meanest comments literally on planet Earth. And I really truly can say with like every bone in me that not one of those comments hurt my feelings. That people that like if it was you guys saying that stuff, it would really hurt my feelings. I think I care about like the people in my life with the people in my life think about me. But strangers I like literally do not care. And like I'm proud of that.
Speaker 2: It's it's such a like I don't think anyone who isn't in this like specific industry of having moments where you go viral and having that much a spotlight or attention on you. How incredible it is that you feel that way, Yeah, because I would not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but literally.
Speaker 2: Video in two seconds? Would it have lasted?
Speaker 4: I was like fighting back at it for a while, And then when I went real viral, I was like, I can't keep up with the negative, negative comments, but I kept responding to like everybody that would say something like you're so ugly, I was like, actually think I'm gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Like I'm just like responding just like rage bait. Yeah, I don't really know what that means. I just like use it in terms.
Speaker 4: And then professionally, I'm really proud of the fact that just what I do every day. I feel like, especially in this industry, things are getting so weird now, Like TV shows are just like going away. Things are dropping, things aren't working. Everything's shifting, and I feel like the entertainment industry is changing, and so I just feel very proud and grateful that I have been doing what I'm doing now for fifteen years.
Speaker 1: The one who calls you a cartoon character, he's not around anymore. You're still here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mom is still here, baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she didn't go anywhere, and he gone, well, he's not really gone, gone adjacent gone to Jason.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm really proud of that.
Speaker 4: Some may say I'm a creature of habit, but I also at the end of the day too like I'm proud of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fine, yeah, love one quick life. I had to update from Macy Day one scrubber with a life update. Y'all helped me out when I was dating, and I updated you on the show when I got married, so I thought it update you again.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 1: I'm a proud mom to a precious baby girl. We had March. She's a scrubbing in baby. Just wanted to that Your show has always been a light to me, but now you all keep me laughing during late night nursing sessions. Thank you for keeping the show strong eight years later. It's been a joy for me through so many seasons of life. Tanya, I can't wait for your mom journey. Keep us posting all the things the scrubbers need to hear. Love you all, xox So there's.
Speaker 2: Just something so cool thinking about someone sitting up in the middle of the night nursing their baby and like giggling while we just talk about nonsense. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: I did too. Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Macy.
Speaker 3: So happy for you to bring up full circle.
Speaker 2: What'd you say?
Speaker 3: I'm proud of our podcast.
Speaker 2: Like the obvious answer, but like having a podcast that runs for as long as ours have, first.
Speaker 3: Of all, is such a blessing.
Speaker 2: Blessing and also doesn't happen for everyone who starts a podcast, And I feel really proud and grateful for like what we've done in the community we've created and.
Speaker 3: And how we've handled the podcast.
Speaker 4: I feel like we want this to be a place of like light and levity, and it really is for people.
Speaker 2: It really is for like Macy nursing nurse away. All Right, it's time to say goodbye. I'm staring. I'm so hungry I could eat a Ryan Compton. I'm literally so starming. I could eat Ryan Compton. What, I'm so hungry?
Speaker 3: Is he in the rundown? Brian Compton? Yeah? Do you know who that is?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know Ryan Compton. Do you know what Ryan Compton is?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This guy had my first kiss with what. I'm so confused.
Speaker 2: It's a trend. Just say, I'm so hungry. I could eat and they fix someone from like someone's life that they like would be like, how do you know that name?
Speaker 1: Tagged photos and find their name just to freak someone out. And it worked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was perfect, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Trends are so weird, so weird, but they're so fun. So should make our own trends. Be trendsetters.
Speaker 2: Give me some.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna follow the trends.
Speaker 2: Let's do oh Mark. I was thinking we should do this because I was trying to tell Tanya that there's these TikTok videos where people will hear blindly hear Taylor Swift songs are like whoever whatever artists and then without knowing what's next, they have to give it a spot one through five, but they can't switch it. So I think we should make our own with like the hardest. Yeah, but I don't know how to do that. I mean, I guess you just.
Speaker 3: Reported to do it for you.
Speaker 2: You just but it just needs to be a sound that people could reuse. That's how we could start a trend.
Speaker 4: Oh what now you're taking? Yeah, I thought we could play that fun game. I think that's cute.
Speaker 1: The blind ranking is fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, we could do that. But I was thinking we could go any even further and do it. We could have our own trend on TikTok. It's okay, I'll do it. Don't you worry about it. I'll tell Ashley all right. We love you so much. Hope you have a great week.
Speaker 4: The haters win, Yeah, they don't like that to be continued. It's gone in the trash down the drain