Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: I'm strong and Jettie and he.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 1: Hello, where's her creak pickle ball court? And there's a fight.
Speaker 4: It's broken out.
Speaker 5: Are we come quickly?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: How many people are fighting? There's about twenty people. Okay, weapon the breaking No, I mean somebody hit somebody with the pickle ball paddle.
Speaker 5: Hit somebody in the head.
Speaker 2: Please, Oh my god, it's breaking up, but we need help.
Speaker 6: That's from a senior center nine to one one call of a pickleball brawl that broke out at a your center. And that poor winded, probably elderly woman, very upset. Send help quickly. Somebody hit somebody else in the head with a pickleball paddle.
Speaker 2: Elderly she's probably our age.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 2: Hope. By the way, if anybody uses the term pickle brawl at any point during the second we'll be rolling around on the floor.
Speaker 6: That's pretty good. It's not all the news tonight, pickle brawl. And then they'll have some expert on Yes. Older people now are finding uh shorter fuses because of the screen time. Yeah, that's it and pickleball something scene pickle brawls?
Speaker 2: Are you at risk? I wonder did anybody get a video of that?
Speaker 3: Did any whip up?
Speaker 2: Anybody whip out their phone in time to get.
Speaker 6: A video of some old people would hitting each other with pickleball?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure you. According to Velucia County Sheriff's Office online booking records, Anthony Edwards Sepienza and his wife Julianne, both of Punts Inlet, were arrested charged with two countsil battery on a person sixty five or old and one kind of aggravated battery. His little lady has one chance of battery. That was out. It was a dispute over the freaking rules. Insults were exchanged and Anthony Sapienza used a vulgarity to describe his wife as the group walked off the court. The victim then stated that Sabenz approached him, striking him on the left side of the face. He also accused the defensive of striking with a ball paddle, causing significant bleeding.
Speaker 6: I wish we had the ages other than just over sixty five. I'd like to know how old these people were. As they swung pickleball paddles at each other.
Speaker 2: Oh. Yeah, the dude was sixty three, his wife is fifty one. The two arrestees, I'd like to know where they're from originally, because probably not Florida. Probably it definitely reads northeastern state to me. Speaking of which, your AI systems have hidden biases, They've learned about various folks from various states. We'll have to touch on those later.
Speaker 3: Where would that come from what they've read?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, they just picked it up from the right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what they've heard. Literally. Oh, which reminds me. Certain totalitarian regimes are now, including Iran, are using I can't remember what the technique is. What it's essentially flooding the zone with fake articles, so that AI systems read hundreds of articles about how the US is really the greater oppressor in the world and Iran is actually a valhalla of peace and love. So AI systems start to get perverse ideas really crazy.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, Yeah, that's the That's one of the big problems with the language learning model thing llms is if the you know, garbage in, garbage out, if they're if they're reading crap that ain't real that, and then that, and then they pick it up and then spout it out to other ais that pick it up, and it just the misinformation disinformation thing could grow way beyond anything human beings wherever capable of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I've come across a couple more articles that reminded me Ashley. One of them mentions the one you were talking about yesterday, Jack about how the UH improvements in AI are now moving it at insane speeds. Well, the timetable has been moved way up and nobody has a handle on it.
Speaker 6: Elon said yesterday that coding will be dead by December. There'll be no human beings needing to code by December. He exaggerates sometimes, but you know, if he's off by a year, that's a big deal.
Speaker 2: So on a totally different topic, credit to Andrew Styles of the Free Beacon, who was reporting on how you know how the Washington Post that laid off a third of its workers and ended it's so called sports section last week amid sweeping layoffs. Blah blah blah. His headline is angsty journalist said the wa Post sports section was indispensable. The evidence suggests otherwise, And here are.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure any sports section could ever be indispensable.
Speaker 2: But no, yeah, you're not thinking of it in the right way. But I mean, because if you're into sports, the sports section is good to have. But so and he quotes a bunch of h Here's an ESPN reporter who wrote that the layoffs were so troubling because they signaled that the appetite for real sports reporting has died. It's a slow, inevitable. New York Times reporter Ben Mullen rote a eulogy for one of the last bastions of great sports reporting. More importantly, he explained, the post was a champion of diversity and a leader in women's sports coverage.
Speaker 6: All right, So if you give me way more WNBA articles that nobody reads that somehow better.
Speaker 2: For the world. Here are their major feature articles just in the last two weeks before the layoffs. Let's start with number one. Hockey Isn't gay enough? The paper's Washington Capitals beat reporter examine how the success of Heated Rivalry, the TV series about two gay hockey players, has made at least several people upset that the NHL wasn't doing more to elevate queerness and promote the lgbt QI A two S plus minus or the power of three conclusion programs the freaking NHL. I feel like we don't need more examples, but you have them. That was one of the major stories in the section.
Speaker 6: Now we're we're not gonna have anymore because it canceled the sports section of the Washington Post.
Speaker 2: We'll miss out on that.
Speaker 3: Sort of thing exactly.
Speaker 2: This is the list of the things we'll miss out on. Two the NFL Diversity Police. As part of the post Super Bowl coverage, the paper express concern that the NFL was still grappling with a lack of diversity among head coaches. You know, we've all heard enough about there. Three the enduring leg see of Colin Kaepernick. The feature article before the Super Bowl nobody because the game was no because the game was being played in his former home stadium. Kilgore argued that there was no one more relevant. That's the writer to the Super Bowl this year, Good lord. Number four feature again, this is just two weeks the Olympics versus climate change. It's like you're making this hug. I know. The Post invited its readers to quote see how climate change is threatening the winter Olympics, with a slew of interactive charts linked to academic studies and interviews with activists, all making the case that abiding by the Paris Agreement is the only way to ensure that the games continue. Number five The Olympics versus somebody who wanted to guess, come on, spin the wheel of progressivism, Ice Immigration, Olympics versus gentrification. If you had gentrification, you win. A double byline report form a lot about the concern among advocates quote unquote that the relentless gentrification in the Winter Olympics host city was quote deepening social divisions and widening income disparities. You know, Jeff Bezos is a smart guy.
Speaker 6: If he was looking at the sports section and seeing that stuff, he had to be thinking what is going on here?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: This is a section specifically for sports fans.
Speaker 6: So you got the writers who think that's what the sports reader wants. So they're just living in a world that none of us exit in habit, right.
Speaker 3: And then you got.
Speaker 6: Their boss, I guess who's probably been in the newspaper business a long time and everything like that and thinks that's what the sports section should be. And then you got the owner who it's just awful that he's not willing to lose one hundred million dollars of his own money every year.
Speaker 2: To keep this afloat right, right, there's more. Number six example, just in the last two weeks at last, Queer culture comes to ice dancing. A racial justice reporter who doubles as the Post's resident figure skating analyst, examine the ways in which Olympic ice dancers were incorporating and I quote, an underground style of promenade common in black queer culture and made more mainstream with the advent of Rue Paul's drag race. Number seven Olympic athletes versus Trump were familiar with that. Yeah, Unfortunately they didn't get a chance to mention Eileen Gu, the US born skier representing the Communist Chinese at the Olympics. Gou has freely criticized the United States was staying silent on issues involving the Chinese communists. Number eight, here's a bombshell for you. They did a deep dive on Nordic skiing and how it wasn't diverse enough. A bunch of Norwegians and Swedes, it wasn't enough black beating.
Speaker 6: It's so wild to me that these writers there and that people at NPR don't know how out of the mainstream they are. How do you, I guess because you live in a neighborhood where everybody talks about this sort of crap all the time, certainly.
Speaker 2: A virtual neighborhood of the people you associated.
Speaker 6: And y'all got master's degrees and something or other, and y'all talked about this sort of stuff. They don't know that you're You're like way over here on the spectrum. You're like in the one two percent category, maybe even half a percent. I mean, you're so far from the mainstream, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm a lifelong hockey fan with gay friends, and the idea that I want to read an article that hockey isn't queer enough? I mean, what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Or that the most interesting thing to talk about cross country skiing and the Olympics is how it's not got enough different skin colors for you.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing a lot of white people here. Or the first thing you ask a twenty one year old snowboarder is what do you think of the unrest over ice in Minneapolis, US? Oh my god, they didn't shudder that quickly enough.
Speaker 6: Man, the crowd beaten up bezos for not being willing to throw one hundred million dollars of his own money at that a year, because that's how much they were losing every year. Is a bunch of children living in fantasy line they really really are. That's astounding. Yeah, you said, if I was gonna make up headlines, I don't know if I could have done better than that.
Speaker 2: I realize I've said this now roughly seven times. That was from two weeks of the sports section.
Speaker 3: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: Like every single day, the head story, the lead story is some sort of woke nonsense loosely tied to sports.
Speaker 6: And what a tragedy that they've canceled the sports department at the Washington Post.
Speaker 3: What a loss.
Speaker 2: It's from the same school of thought that says we've got to work equity into every class, including nuclear physics and math.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow is Valentine Day, and we've got late night joke off on that topic, among other things on the way stay with us. I'm looking up at ABC News before we do a Valentine's Day late night joke off. ABC News doing some big feature on flowers to be relevant with Valentine's Day tomorrow. I don't know what they're telling you about choosing fresh flowers or I don't know what I can't even imagine what they're doing. But lack of diversity in the flower industry popular bouquets this year looks like red roses are.
Speaker 2: In Okay, oh boy, all right, it's time for late night joke off. We've got three jokes from different comedians. We will rate. I will grade them on their effectiveness as humor. The lowest grade getter will be banned from comedy for life.
Speaker 7: So Valentine's Days on Saturday, this is everything you need to know. Flowers are all sold out, They're no more dinner reservations.
Speaker 3: You'll probably getting divorced.
Speaker 7: Okay, here's a little money saving tip. You can save a bundle on candy hearts just by writing the words I Heart you on a tomb's.
Speaker 5: Valentine's Day. And I saw that if you go to Hooters. If you go to Hooters, you can shred a photo of your ex and get free wings. It's fun until you realize that you got back of your X by eating a loan out of Hooters on Valentine's Days and honor Valentine's Day, Subway is offering buy one, get one free.
Speaker 6: Sub What better way to say I love you than I got this for free at subway?
Speaker 2: Wow? Wow a rare. This is great inflation. I think Jack, we got Kimmel and fellon with solid Ay's miners with an A minus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty good jokes.
Speaker 2: I think the governor will call the warden and send in a reprieve. Nobody is banned from comedy for life. This is the first.
Speaker 6: The Valentine's Day phenomenon is interesting. I mean it's got a little bit of the old Yogi Bera, well for me anyway, the old Yogi Bera joke about nobody goes to that restaurant anymore it's too crowded. Yeah, I mean, because I regularly talk about I feel like, just because of the world I live in my own bubble of you know, you tend to hang around people like yourself.
Speaker 3: Everybody does.
Speaker 6: So I don't know successful couples that take Valentine's Day seriously. And I feel like all this comment every year about all the flowers and dinner reservations and this is that is like from a non existent thing, Like we're almost talking about something that doesn't really happy yet it can't be true if all the restaurants are packed. I mean I did try to go one year, and it was impossible everywhere without a reservation, So lots of people are going out.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you would, I mean, explain why you would. Why Why do you wait.
Speaker 3: In line a couple hours?
Speaker 6: Why wouldn't you just go the night before the night after if you want to go out to eat or cook at home for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a nice expression of love. I don't I really don't know. I mystified by the whole thing. If anybody had the budget to waste on a of people's attitudes about Valentine's Day, or you've seen that sort of thing, please pass it on to us. I don't know. I just find the whole thing kind of silly.
Speaker 6: Do you know the actual questions to get somebody to fall in love with you? The thirty six questions that lead to love? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did a big feature on that on our podcast a couple of years ago.
Speaker 6: I think probably did. That's a great thing about being me. It's all new to me almost every single day. Talked about it for an hour. Yeah, yeah, almost everything's new every single day. I mean, I'm just as interested in the you know a week later Tabula RASA question one, given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner.
Speaker 3: Guest that's going to make somebody fall in love with me?
Speaker 2: No, you don't get it at all. Would you like to be increasingly showing who you are over a series of several dozen questions? Would you like to be famous in what way? Before making a telephone call? Do you ever rehearse what you're going to say?
Speaker 3: I think I do. What would you constitute a perfect.
Speaker 2: Day for you?
Speaker 6: When did you last sing to yourself? Is there anybody that doesn't sing to themselves or in the car regardless of your abilities?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'd say the vast majority of us will do it. If there's anybody that doesn't singing to yourself, I don't think is the same thing as singing along with the radio? Is it? Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm nitpicking, but of course that's what I do. I pick nits. I hate knits.
Speaker 6: If you are able to live to the age of ninety and retain either the mind or body of a thirty year old for the last sixty years of your life, or I guess it's a or if you're able to live to the age of ninety or retain either the mind or body of a thirty year old for the last sixty years of your life, which would you want. I don't understand that question.
Speaker 2: No, it's lived to ninety and you get to choose the mind or the body.
Speaker 6: Oh I think, oh, okay, Well, what's the point of if you don't get your mind? What's the point of anything? I get to preserve the body of a thirty year old? What's her name?
Speaker 3: What's the point for you?
Speaker 2: All my body? I'm sorry, mission, I'm still not in love. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I haven't Gottendra all the questions. I haven't fallen in love with you yet. People are getting chatbots to fall in love with them with those questions.
Speaker 3: Maybe we'll get to that.
Speaker 2: Story later, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: CBS News has already tranked more than one thousand confirmed cases across twenty one states this year, roughly half of what was recorded in all of twenty twenty five. South Carolina continues to have the largest downbreak, with more than nine hundred cases since September so Uh.
Speaker 6: If we were a certain kind of radio show or maybe what we used to be years ago, I would now say. And that's why we've welcome in doctor James Mendelssohn of a local hospital, who's going to tell us all about.
Speaker 3: The measles outbreak.
Speaker 6: And I'm actually kind of wondering if maybe we shouldn't do that, because here's what I'm concerned about. There's a measles outbreak in California.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have.
Speaker 6: Thought about this really until I got whooping cough last year. Uh, the sickest I've ever been in my life. And I didn't think i'd get whooping cough. And I knew I had been vaccinated for it fifty nine years ago before I got whooping cough. And it turns out they wear off over time. So I'm my measles vaccination is as many decades old, so am I Could I get measles just like I got whooping cough? And should everybody now who wasn't worried about these things at all go around and get vaccinations for whooping cough, measles, all kinds.
Speaker 3: Of different things.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. I don't know different either. Vaccinations last different lengths of time. Yeah, because you know one of the principles of group immunity or everybody is immune. Well, you don't have to worry about it because it's not going to get started at all or anymore. Right, So you don't really have to get boosters because where are you going to get it?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I got recommended to me the booster shot for the te DAP thing, for a couple of different things that little kids get because some of these diseases have made a comeback and we used to get them as little kids, and then you didn't need to go get it again because we practically eradicated these things. But I need to look into that if I should go out and get a measles shot because I don't want to get sick again.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I think the p pertussis is whooping cough yeah yeah, yeah, because I got that partly based on your recommendation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was not pleasant.
Speaker 6: So here's a story that we've mentioned a couple of times that's burbling under the radar as the midterm election comes up in November, which the Democrats are almost certainly going to win, just because historically that's what happens But Donald Trump, this is from the Associated Press. There's lots of versions of this story. Has been bragging about a political war chest that nobody has ever seen before in politics, exceeding one point five billion dollars currently a staggering sum that he can wield at his whim to shape November midterms and various races across the country as they try to figure out which ones they can, you know, pick off or win or change, or which ones are not worth betting money on. But Trump's stockpile, which dwarfs any amounts raised by predecessors in their second terms, is up for grabs, and it's gonna be interesting to see how it's used. Nobody's ever had this kind of money to spend or even close and whether or not that's gonna be a difference maker or not, everybody's guessing.
Speaker 2: I came across a piece I can't remember where about Kamala Harris's fundraising and tens of millions of dollars that came from dark money sources and you can't tell who it's from, and it's probably foreign countries and blah blah hoh dirty all that is, and it's just you know, the government hands out trillions of dollars to who it decides how to get it, and yeah, having a say in that is worth a hell of a investment. It's I don't know, democracy doesn't work or it doesn't work for long.
Speaker 6: I wonder how much difference this amount of money could make famously in presidential elections.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter that much.
Speaker 6: There's like a lowish bar to meet to have enough money to compete. Above that, it doesn't really get you anything else. Diminishing returns start very quickly. But in man, these small races around the country. If you know, one guy in some rural district Nebraska can just overwhelm his opponent with ads or you know, knocking on doors or whatever. Racist people don't pay that much attention to. I wonder if he could make a difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and swing districts. Maybe. I've been in markets that had the saturation political advertising, because that's where most of the money goes, is just TV and radio ads and that sort of thing, and you just you quickly get to the point of turning it off. But I'm sure they have highly paid consultants who will tell you it actually works. It accumulates over time. He starts to think Jones probably is dirty. I keep hearing he's dirty.
Speaker 6: Well, just in case you don't know this, like ninety percent of House seats four hundred and thirty five House seats are both parties have agreed we're not going to fight over these, so they've made them so safe that they can't switch hands and then they fight over the other handful. That's what the two parties have done, which is one of the reasons you can't get a third party going. But so to Joe's point, there aren't that many races that are even up for grabs, and so there's going to be a lot of that one point five billion dollars or how much Trump decides to spend will be concentrated in Maine, North Carolina, Michigan, Ohio, Georgia, New Hampshire, and Alaska.
Speaker 3: So that's what.
Speaker 6: Seven states going to be almost all the money to try to sway to.
Speaker 2: Yourself open ad agency in all of those states.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no kidding, boy, that'd be something if he is able to spend enough money to hold onto the House when everybody's predicting a just a tidal wave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you always point out that they're going to lose the house because they always lose the house. It's almost always. But you know, I'm reminded of a football team that's going up against a much better opponent, but they didn't bring the playbook with them and the quarterback throws three idiotic interceptions in the first quarter. They're not losing because the other team's great. They're losing because they suck. And I just think the Republican's messaging has been terrible, just terrible. They're not doing their job. They're bad at their jobs. Have you considered being better at your job? Have we lost that clip? Michael? Do I need to tip you? How does this work? Are you right in your wife of Valentine's Day note? That's sweet? I'm gonna ask you to pay attention at work. Now where were we? Ah?
Speaker 6: Back to Jack, I'm I'm kind of done with that unless you got more to say about it. There's a clip we opened the show with. I wanted to get back on again because it's apparently getting quite a bit of attention. And I said, I'm not that sounded like RFK Junior. Are we about to hear him?
Speaker 1: And I said, I'm not scared of a germ. You know, I used to snart cocaine off at toilet sease and yeah, I know this disease will kill me, right, I don't.
Speaker 6: So that's RFK Junior doing a podcast with THEO Vaughn who's decided to become a giant podcaster as opposed to a giant comedian, which he was, and uh RFK Junior. They were talking about how AA meetings and NA meetings shut down during COVID and he was really concerned about everybody starting to drink or do drugs again when all those meetings were shut down, But I guess was the topic matter and then he was he would rather have been able to go into the meetings so he didn't do drugs again than being worried about catching COVID, which that's a really interesting point I agree with myself.
Speaker 2: But oh yeah, and just like almentarily distracted me from the main point, which is snorting the Bolivian marching powder off a tilet see, which is gross.
Speaker 6: And you seem to be able to justify that earlier in the show, because it sounded disgusting to me.
Speaker 2: But you're so justify No, I was just explaining, you're a coke addict. You're there in a stall. You don't have anything handy, although you are a Kennedy. Come on, don't you have some sort of fancy cigarette case or don't you I don't know what the rich carry.
Speaker 6: Don't you have a butler that can get down in his hands and knees and you snort it off his.
Speaker 2: Back or off at the top of his top hat or something. Butler's were probably not anyway, you gotta snort it off the Toilet's say, that's terrible. How'd you gotta take a long look at yourself? Speaking of medical science, this is not hyperbole. DEI stands up pretty good chance of killing you in the next fifteen years of your life.
Speaker 6: How is diversity, equity and inclusion going to kill me?
Speaker 2: Medical schools, Anah, medical schools have gone so far down the DEI highway you won't believe it.
Speaker 3: Are we gonna learn more about that after we hear about you.
Speaker 6: Are gonna learn more about that, after we hear about rough rough greens, which is something you right add to your dog's food. It's not replacing your dog's foods, because traditional dog food is you know, it can sit on the shelf for a long time and it's it's it's a lifeless thing. But Rough Greens is live, live vitamins, minerals, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and omega oils and you add it to your dog's food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all those fine things help produce oxidative stress support in immune defense a slow age related decline, helping your beloved dog stay active, mobile, and alert as they age. It promotes longevity by addressing common nutritional deficiencies found in processed dog foods. So you don't have to get rid of your dog's food. Just add Rough Greens. Ain't gonna cost much to try Rough Greens. It's free.
Speaker 6: Really, Rough Greens is offering a free Jumpstart trial bag. All you do is cover the shipping, which won't be a lot. Use the discount code Armstrong to claim your free Jumpstart Trial back at Roughgreens dot com spelled are you ff like a dog?
Speaker 2: Ruff? Are you f ff greens dot com? That promo code is armstrong, So don change your dog's food. Just had Rough Greens and watch the health benefit. The health benefits come alive. What do we played, Marco Rubio. I've been wanting to hear this. This is clip number thirteen. Is kind of hard to hear because he's on an airplane tarmac. But this may be this needs to be on the list of clips of the year. The world is changing very fast right fun of us. The old world is gone. Frankly does the world. I grew up and we live in a new era at geopolitics, and it's going to require all of us for to re examine what that looks like and what our role is going to be equal. And we've had many of these conversations are private, many of our allies.
Speaker 4: You are allies, and.
Speaker 2: You need to continue to have those conversations, and at least Saturday hopefully and the media wive there when lucas An entering the key quote the world is changing very fast right in front of us. The old world is gone post WW two order.
Speaker 3: Is that's interesting? I wonder what he knows that we don't know about that.
Speaker 2: A great deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm guessing that has not been fully realized.
Speaker 2: Probably in both positive ways and in ways that would freak us out.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there's any positive ways.
Speaker 6: The old world order where we were in charge of the entire planet and kept the shipping lanes open and everything like that, and nobody dared invade another company country because of what we do. That was pretty good. That was pretty good for us, for our company. Yeah, I oversimplified what I meant.
Speaker 2: What I meant was there may be some encouraging news given the threats that exist, people are waking up to them and starting to act like adults. I certainly hope that's true. Europe. I'm looking at you well.
Speaker 6: And then there's a whole big crowd out there that thinks us being in charge of the world was a bad thing and the world would be better when we're not. That's those people are known as nut jobs or wrong, maybe just wrong.
Speaker 2: Not the good way to them couldn't be more wrong. Speaking of the old world is gone, Your DEI doctor is going to kill you.
Speaker 6: Stay tuned, Yeah, I got to get to that and the whole Nancy Guthrie missing thing. We talked about this earlier this week. I haven't heard anybody else bring this up. I think it's the most interesting thing we learned this week out of the whole case. So maybe we'll get to that in our four Stay tuned.
Speaker 7: Sunday, our city's host to the NBA All Star Game instead of the usual you know, it's usually a matchup between the East and the West. This year the teams will be made up of Americans against players from the rest of the world. You know, I've been hoping somebody would figure out another way to pit us against the rest of the world.
Speaker 2: I want to thank the NBA for doing that.
Speaker 7: I'll be watching the alternative All Star Game on turning.
Speaker 6: Part of the USA. Wow, that's interesting. What an interesting idea. There's so many good players from other countries in the NBA. For the top five best players of from other countries, what's that gonna say about the NBA If they easily win, and they might, they might actually play in that game.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Maybe yeah, the Euros anyway, I think they'd love this show. But he Lebron last night broke the all time record for oldest NBA triple double at age forty one and forty four days old. He had a triple double last night for the Lakers. Well done, Lebron, Well done.
Speaker 2: I'm going to quote doctor Stanley Goldfarb in a minute. He's got a book out called Doing Great Harm, which is obviously a reference to the Hippocratic oath. But first, a review of his book which mentions the Minnesota Chapter of White Coats for Black Lives, a medical student group, greeted the October seventh, twenty three hamasled terrorist attacks on Israel by saying that Palestinians quote should free themselves from their oppressors by any means necessary, say medicals in this group. In twenty twenty four, the Oregon Medical Board proposed including microaggressions in the category of unprofessional misconduct, for which doctors could be punished up to losing their licenses, keeping mind examples of microaggressions mentioned by the state's experts as saying America is the land of opportunity, or I believe the most qualified person should get the job. Now hanging caught on by now that microaggressions was completely phony. It's a tool of capture of It's a weapon used by neo Marxists. They don't mean it, sincerely, they're just trying to scare you into shutting up. Ohio State University College of Medicine instructs staff and students and faculty not to ask black colleagues, how are you doing. It's not an appropriate question. The college is explained because black people and all people of color experience racism every day.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, that's now that we've heard a lot of these over the years.
Speaker 3: Yah, that's the most amazing.
Speaker 2: You can't say how you do because they're doing poorly, because they're being racist against. And at the University of Minnesota Medical School, new students are forced to recite a pledge. They're forced to to honor all indigenous ways of healing that have been traditionally marginalized by Western medicine. They must also declare that they quote recognize inequities built by past and present traumas rooted in white supremacy, colonialism, the gender binary, ableism, and all forms of oppression. Those are all examples given by doctor Goldfarbe in his book. Now to his editorial published recently in The Journal, DEI is a threat to Americans health. President Trump's crusade against the DEI is brought to light another crisis, the dramatic decline of medical education. For years, medical schools have emphasized discrimination and doctrination at the expense of merit and excellence, to the detriment of patients, and he says, the fight directify this is just beginning. The crisis in medical education is directly connected to DEI for years, the Liaison Committee on Medical Education, which accredits MD granting programs, and the point of this article is, you've got to change the accreditation system because these people are captured by far left progressives. Anyway, it required medical schools to establish programs aimed at achieving diversity. And he goes into a lot of detail about that, but I want to get to some of the statistics. The traditional two years of pre clinical education required to become a doctor has been significantly reduced at more than a third of medical schools. This gives short shrift to the foundational curriculum and genetics, biochemistry, biostatistics, and epidemiology. At eighty percent of MD granting schools. The foundational courses in basic science and clinical skills are now graded pass fail, Wow, discouraging the pursuit of excellence. This is a brand new trend. By the way, the first part of the National Licensure Exam that determines residency placement has also been changed to pass fail, further blurring the distinction beta between the mediocre and the excellent. Unsurprisingly, a growing number of medical students lack a strong grasp of basic medical knowledge. There's been a lot of attention given to UCLA's David Geffen's School of Medicine, and he mentions it here. According to reporting based on interviews with faculty members, more than fifty percent of students more than half these are your doctors in the next couple of years, failed basic tests on family medicine, pediatrics, and emergency medicine. Nationwide, the percentage of medical students who passed the first part of the licensure exam has fallen every year since twenty twenty, dropping from ninety seven percent to eighty nine percent. For students pursuing an MD, clinical skills have declined for years, made worse by dei's distractions from clinical education. Even liberal medical journals have begun to question the state of medical education. A twenty twenty five New England Journal Medical Medicine article on the use of past fail and medical school ast is good enough, good enough?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: How these people got so far when we weren't paying attention?
Speaker 6: You know, it matters more obviously in medical school than other things. But I mentioned this the other day that Harvard announced that they're only going to give out twenty percent a's starting next year. Twenty percent of the grades will be a's because it had been creeping up through the years. For instance, last year, sixty six percent of all grades were a's. Another eighteen percent were A minuses. So that gets you to eighty four percent of the grades they give out were a's.
Speaker 2: Or A minuses in all classes. That's hilarious. I know, I know, I mean kudos to them for reforming that. But and that's been going on in medical school stool. Did you ever go pass fail on a class when you realized, oh, I can still go past fail instead of get a letter grade. Why did you do that? I did it once? Why because I was e f in the class? Up? I was bad at it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it wasn't because you were trying to excel. That's certainly not far from it. That's our medical schools friends. So if you think, oh, old junk uncle Joe's a little crazy with his ranting against DEI man, this could hurt you seriously in the years to come. If you miss a segment, get our podcast Armstrong you Getty on demand. We do lots of segments and lots of
Speaker 2: Hours Armstrong and Getty