Speaker 1: Doctor Fauci recently sat before Congress in a closed door hearing, So what was said during that hearing. We're going to talk to Senator ran Paul about it. He has called out doctor Fauci and his lies in his book Deception, the Great COVID cover Up. So we're going to get his take on what was reported from that hearing about the lies that doctor Fauci told then and before. And also what's the impact of everything that happened during COVID, particularly as we face a thirty four trillion dollar debt. How does that debt impact you? I'm going to ask Senator ran Paul. Also, he made an anti Nikki Haley endorsement. You're not going to want to miss this interview with the Great Senator Ram Paul, trust me, stay tuned. Senator. It's always great to have you on the show. I know you're a busy guy, so I always appreciate you making the time.
Speaker 2: Ye thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: So I've got to get you on this. I mean, well, you wrote the book on the lies we were told during COVID Deception, the Great COVID cover Up. But doctor Fauci recently sat with Congress behind closed doors for fourteen hours, and some alarming things were reported, you know, one social distancing, which we always knew was a first, but it admitted that it was it wasn't scientific, And then also admitted, even though he attacked the people who said COVID came from the lab, now he's saying that it's not a conspiracy to have thought that. So, I mean, what are your big takeaways from all of this, and what are the depths in which Fauci lied to us?
Speaker 2: You know, and virtually every major topic of the COVID pandemic, he's been on both sides of the issue. In private, he's often been honest. In public, he's almost always lied, you know. Ask early on by a coworker whether or not the mask work, he honestly responded in private that the pores in the mask were too large and that really wasn't worthwhile, and that studies that indicated it wasn't worthwhile. In public, he wears three masks, you know. In private, he acknowledged and actually in the past has acknowledged that natural immunity tends to work. If you've had the flu, you don't need a flu shot. He said in two thousand and four, famously on c SPAN, but then he became uncertain with COVID. He says, oh, we don't know if natural immunity is going to work on schools. He was for the lockdowns till he was against them, till he was four, until he was against him. So he just depended on the audience he was for. But what was remarkable about his testimony was that he couldn't recall over one hundred times. You know, he was smart enough to tell us what to do and to mandate all these things about our behavior, but a hundred times he couldn't recall when asked questions about these things or how they came about. You're right on the social distancing on standing six feet apart. I mean these ridiculous thing. I remember going to my son's university and outside in the grassy quad of the university, they had circles and you were supposed to stand in the circle six feet away from someone outside and talk to them. The plexiglass of these things were based on science, and yet every day we were berated by CNN and the left, Oh, obey the science. The right doesn't want to obey the science. The science was all concocted and basically just opinions of people on the left so they could do something they wanted to do something, But in reality, none of the things they made us do had any effect on the.
Speaker 1: Virus well, and they knew that. So it's more sinister in the fact that, you know, obviously he was pushing things that he knew were not true. So the question is why why did they do that?
Speaker 2: You know, I think there's an impulse to authoritarianism in many of these people. They go into the field to work in public health, to work in the government, and they have a not a great respect for individual liberty or civil liberty. These are the people who believe in mandates. You know, they've believed in mandates for a long time. For vaccines, they have no problem telling people. But for the first time, a large portion of the public, not just a few people, had doubts about the vaccines. It became large and widespread that people were looking into one, do you really need to take them? And then two in certain age groups, particularly young people, are the risks of the vaccine actually greater than the risks of the disease? And then people started asking, well, what is the evidence? I asked faluci in one of our committee hearings. Your government now says we should take three vaccines all the way down to the age of six months, you know, toddlers. And I said, is there any proof that the vaccines reduced transmission? No? I said, for children, is there any proof that they reduce hospitalization or death? And he says, oh, we don't have the data. Well, they do have the data. Almost no children, particularly healthy children, were going to the hospital or dying from COVID. So it's hard to get below zero. If it's already a zero effect from COVID, it's hard to go below that. In fact, when they approved the vaccine the Booster, the science committee at the CDC and the FDA initially voted only to give to those that's sixty five and older. Then Wilenski, Rochelle Wilenski, the Bidy administration, came along said oh, no, we won't apply to all kids. But she overruled the scientific committees. But they could never prove efficacy. So they said, well, if you give a shot to your toddler, to your adolescent, they'll make antibodies. That's not proof of efficacy, that's not proof of anything. That's just proof that if you give some foreign protein or have a protein created, your body will react to it. That's right, that's an immune response, but doesn't mean you need it. I mean if the response, if the answer were that you should take a vaccine as long as you get an antibody response, we could give you one hundred vaccines. I can give you a vaccine every day and you'll make an antibody response. Doesn't mean you need a vaccine every day. But yeah, it's criminal, you know, really in some ways literally criminal. But in every which way his judgment and his conclusions were wrong. We're not based in science.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I remember the CDC was looking at at an outbreak I think it was in July of twenty twenty one, I believe, where seventy five percent of the cases were vaccinated people. Yet Biden went on to push the vaccine mandate after that, knowing that you know, it wasn't stopping the spread. But you know, I wanted to get you on you know, part of what we're you know, the impact of all of that is what it's done to the economy, and including this thirty four trillion dollars of debt we're facing, you know, as Congress continues to deal with funding bills in the aftermath of all of that, How does that debt impact Americans?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, the debt is sold to the Federal Reserve, and does the Federal Reserve have any assets to buy it? No, the Federal Reserve just has a printing press. So the Federal Reserve creates new money. So whenever we have a Congress spending more money than it takes in, the debt through the Treasury bills is sold to the Federal Reserve and they buy it. But they buy it by increasing the money supply, and as the increased money supply circulates out the economy, it eventually devalues. So let's say, for example, you double the amount of money in circulation, it'll be worth half as much approximately, So inflation, home prices, mortgages, interests, all these things were effect of deficit spending. And we criticize the Fed lot my father has I have. I'd like to audit them, but really, Congress is ultimately the culprit here. If Congress weren't weren't running a debt, the Fed wouldn't have to finance a debt. But basically, the deficit leads to high prices and inflation, and really both parties are responsible. I mean, you'll remember the lockdowns began in the last administration, and the six trillion dollars of debt that piled up in about a year and a half during that were started in the previous administration. Now the Biden administration has continued that, but there really is enough blame to go around for both parties in the debt and in inflation.
Speaker 1: You know, I interviewed your dad not too long ago, and I asked him, you know, how does it feel to have been right about so many things? You know? And he was kind of like, well, not good because a lot of what I was predicting was bad. But you know, it's always good to have people affirm what you were saying was correct. So you made an anti Nikki Haley endorsement, which I endorse as well. Any chance you want to make some news on the truth with Lisa Booth with an official candidate endorsement.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm I'm fully and completely not behind Nicky Haley. I'm never Nikki and that's gonna last as long as I can imagine she's in the race. But I haven't made a decision on the others I like Donald Trump. I've been a personal friend. I defended him against the impeachments. But I'm troubled some by his attacks on DeSantis over entitlements. I don't think you're a serious person and seriously considering the danger of the debt if you're not willing to look at entitlements. I don't think we should attack fellow Republicans who have been brave. This is it takes some bravery and courage to actually stand up and say the entitlement programs are a problem of the spending that comes in or the spending that goes out. Two thirds of the spending is entitlements. One third that we actually vote on is military and non military. They call it discretionary spending. That's what's part of the budget we vote on. It's about one point seven one point six trillion dollars. That's also the debt, the deficit each year. So since you what we're voting on, it's all borrowed, and it's because of the explosion of growth and entitlements, but also the explosion of growth in the discretionary spending. So I'm one who thinks that we need and that the biggest danger we face really is not foreign enemies, but it's our domestic policy and our domestic debt. And that's why I've kind of stayed out of the presidential race. But I do think Nikki Haley will get us involved in more war. I think she's more concerned with the Ukraine border than she is with the Southern border. So I'm definitely never Nikki, and I'd decided I couldn't hold myself back. I wanted to have some impact, if at all, to make sure she doesn't win New Hampshire. And so that's kind of where I am right now and probably will remain there for the next week or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just feel like she's a finger to the win politician. You know, what do I need to say today versus is you know, really believing in anything? What do you hope Republicans communicate? What do you think the messages should be to reach voters and to win?
Speaker 2: You know, I think right now we're doing pretty well. Actually, I mean, even with all of the indictments and everything, I think the Democrats have so overreached on this idea of keeping Trump from the ballot that they've made themselves look ridiculous. I Mean, they're all over CNN every day crying democracy, democracy, Trump will destroyed democracy. The only way we can save democracy is by, oh, not allowing people to democratically vote for their choice if they want to vote for Trump. I mean, it's insane, and I think most people think it is. And I think even the independence that sway our elections are looking at that and saying banning somebody from the ballot that's not democratic. So I think they've overreached. And all of the polls. Look, Michigan had a polldo they had Trump up eight points in Michigan. That's a state. If he wins Michigan, probably we can win again. So, you know, we'll see what happens with this. But you know, I think the Democrats have overreached. And right now Biden's quite unpopular. His policies are quite unpopular, and frankly, his frailness and inability to sort of put a sentence together or stay awake through most of the activities that he's doing is a problem for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the weekend at Bernie's campaign and President. You know, Senator Rand Paul always love having you, truly appreciate your time. You're a busy man, so We appreciate you giving our time and my audience as well.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, No problem.
Speaker 1: Thanks that was Senator rand Paul. Appreciate him for joining the show. Always love hearing his insight. Appreciate you guys at home for listening every Monday and Thursday, but you can listen throughout the week. I want to thank John Cassio and my producer for putting the show together.
Speaker 2: Until next time,