Speaker 1: Ben Johnson and how he teaches he's receiver to run round. They put two seconds back.
Speaker 2: On the clock.
Speaker 1: There he is a rookie Laporta and the Lions hat the first touchdown of the night.
Speaker 3: Second down and six.
Speaker 1: Golf started to his luck and he picked intercepted by Marcus Peters. Able to stay in bounds, He's gone, I see no flags. Touchdown Raiders seventy four yards on the return, and the Raiders are back in the ballgame. Dan Skipper comes in at left guard as they hand the Gibbs and Gibbs breaks it touchdown.
Speaker 2: One a night for the rookie.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was the Jamir Gibbs breakout game for the Detroit Lions. The rookie running back went off for a buck fifty two. And yes, that touchdown were an incredibly well built woman lifted him into the stands without any any sweat at all. Maybe we'll get to that a little bit later. That was incredible feat of strength by that woman. The Detroit Lions put a hammering on the Raiders and the final score twenty six to fourteen doesn't quite reflect what happened in this game, a game in which the Lions offense was on the field virtually the whole game, and when Jimmy G and the Raiders offense was on the field, it was carnage and complete ineffectiveness. So you have two teams going in two different directions. Dan Hansis, Greg Rosenthal, Mark Sessler, Greg, this is good for the Lions, obviously, after the humbling at the hands of the Ravens. This was a nice get well opponent. The Raiders are going to do that a lot for people down the stretch.
Speaker 5: I think, I know the Raiders are three and five and yet they feel like a one in seventeen. But tonight was about the Lions getting a Monday night game for the first time in five years and completely dominating. I was thinking about how Dan Campbell said before last week's game that his models of what he wanted the Lions to be like were the Ravens and the Steelers, and then I was thinking about this game and I was like, well, this kind of reminded me of the twenty twenty three Ravens.
Speaker 3: You could see everything.
Speaker 5: It's right there to be one of the best teams in the NFL. The defensive line just got after Jimmy G at the very end of this game, you're able to develop these rookies. Sam Laporta and Jamior Gibbs are great stories for the first half of their season, and Gibbs going what over one hundred and ninety or one hundred and yeah ninety or eighty nine yards from scrimmage including five catchs, Like you're seeing all the good things, but they just kept shooting themselves in the foot. They were terrible in the red zone. You had the Jared Goff pick six, you had the fumble inside the five, you're settling for short field goals, and so there was just enough of like, come on, let's just put this game away to frustrate you. But looking big picture, with all their injuries, ultimately I take the positive that it's like you're on the field with another NFL team, you're so clearly better than them that you can play with your food a little bit and you can still win comfortably.
Speaker 6: They remind me of the strangely I was thinking about this of the nineteen ninety one Cowboys, which was the year before they won the Super Bowl. They would you know, with no they went to the playoffs, no apologies, they deserved to go, and they looked like that kind of a team. They had their ups and downs, they were learning how to win. They had a couple like tough losses during that season two and some controversy. But I look at a game like tonight, they rolled four hundred and eighty six yards and the Raiders, who are a punchless opponent, had one hundred and fifty seven. And you have young players showing up all over the roster left and right if you're the Lions. And I just look at the two teams and how they've chosen to rebuild over the last couple of years, and there's such a dark and deep contrast. And I cannot think of a fan base that comes at me harder than the Raiders fan base because of what I say on the show sometimes and what I've said even in the off season. And I stick to it harder than any time ever in my life, because.
Speaker 5: They take your victory lap Mark, you were right, you were You know what forms that weren't gonna be any better than the.
Speaker 3: Raider, that would be better than the Raiders?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I you know what, It's It's like I think, like I'll say what Wes used to say was like what would a Raider? What would a Raiders fan want like do you want what you have and you want to fight someone saying that they see inequality and problems like they they seem like a lost forest to me, Like what is the plan like if you I, well, no, sorry, but I just I mean I I We're two years into this and I no direction and like not to just go negative on the on the Raiders. This is more about a Lion's story. This is more about the rebuilding project.
Speaker 2: Of the Lions. Maybe went to the Raiders mark. So let's stay at the Raiders for a second.
Speaker 4: So I think it's interesting the way you set that up and that the Lions did tear it down and the Lions, you know, it took a long time and it's been Lions fans know it.
Speaker 2: You heard the way that building was going.
Speaker 4: Nuts because like like I said, it's been five years since a Monday night game and the energy in there that is such a great passionate fan base. The Raiders are a team that while the Lions with the exception of having GoF there and he's turned into this pleasant surprise. I don't think the plan was that he was going to be the long term QB. But it's just almost turning into that situation, like the Raiders almost refused to just truly tear it down at this stage. The fact that they went from Derek Carr and went to Jimmy Garoppolo, that always struck me as just kind of an odd move and if they're just almost trying to tread water. But I think a lot of it goes back to Josh mccaniels was a bad hire. It's clear this this team doesn't have an identity. The offense is in a rut, and it doesn't help that Garoppolo, who is you know, in a lot of ways, a lot of the things we talk about with Brock Purdy and whether he deserves credit for what he does in Kyle Shannan's offense, the same people were asking the same questions about Jimmy g And just look at the difference. And I'll use Devanta Adams as an example here. Devanta Adams, who won successive drives, got overthrown when he was all by himself and it was basically two catches in ninety eight yards and two touchdowns worth of missproduction.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: Garppolo just airmailing throws out of bounds when one of the best wide receivers in the last thirty years was uncovered and going into the end zone that that game could have been interesting because the lines refuse to close the door and it just shows like how vulnerable Garoppolo looks outside of San Francisco, and quite frankly, I don't know, he's not popular here, but Derek Carr he kept he kept Devanta Adams as a high level player. Last year when he was in town. They took a big step down a quarterback. The head coach is lost. Max Crosby can't do it alone on defense. It's just a lot. There's a lot to do there in terms of getting things right, and I think it starts with an actual tear down and yes, a change at head coach.
Speaker 5: But the thing is, like, I agree, but their version of a teardown is just hiring a new coach and then then they just tear it down again in another couple of years.
Speaker 3: It's like John Gruden.
Speaker 5: I know, they won ten games and he was doing a much better job coaching overall for the Raiders, although it was his interim head coach that came in and actually won those games in that year. But they were they were moving the ball at least they looked like a functional team, but there was no long term talent. There's never any long term planning there and you can see that still in this The looks on Josh McDaniel's face as early as the first quarter was just like he is just an energy sucker. You know, we get emails sometimes from our boss to be an energy giver. Like, just looking at McDaniels takes energy away from me. Even looking at a TV, I can't imagine like playing for him and Garoppolo, this is by far the worst version of Garoppolo. It's not just that he's not in Kyle Shanahan's system. He's playing with an injured back, he's holding onto the ball, he's just missing open throws. He looked old tonight. And the first thing he does on the very first play third and long is he tries to run for a first down and he gets drilled in the back diving for a first down. And it's like, this guy is tough, but it's the reason why he always gets hurt, Like that's how he heard his ACL was on a play where he basically didn't give up on the play either.
Speaker 3: And it's a tough situation.
Speaker 5: They're gonna have to think about going to Aidan O'Connell soon, because I think, like this is pretty untenable.
Speaker 2: He was asked about it.
Speaker 4: By the way, mc daniels said after the game, he didn't think about turning to O'Connell today. It was still a one score game for a while. According to Victor for tafferd.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's probably a few weeks away from that.
Speaker 6: I mean, but but why not at this point? But I also think that if you're you're in a tough spot if you're the coach at this point, like you're overseeing a sinking ship. But like seven targets to DeVante Adams, he catches one for eleven yards, but.
Speaker 5: He dropped the killer one for the second straight week two, which is like it's all bad. Even the good players are playing poorly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and like four of their six drives in the first half went for less than seven yards. All I'm saying is that in theory, if you were the Raiders, you hired Josh McDaniel, and also you fell for Josh McDaniels because we've seen him when he escapes you know, Gillette, and he becomes a fraud and like he so he did it again, and it's like, you get him outside of New England and you've got problems, You've got team meetings, you got left and right stuff going on. I just I don't know. I don't know who is still buying into this.
Speaker 3: I don't know nobody is. Nobody is.
Speaker 5: I mean, they'll probably trade Renfro tomorrow if I had to guess if anyone's gonna get it. I mean, you also have like Hunter Renfro like falling on multiple early third downs. It's kind of like they can't do anything right. And the defense has played a little better, just a little, but a little better than I would have expected this year. On balance, they've been pretty close to average in general, and the offense is just one of the very worst.
Speaker 4: And they should not just because it would be good for podcasters across the country and beyond, but they should trade Devonte Adams, Like where this team is where they need to go. They really do need to do a systemic reboot of the whole operation. And Adams is still a supremely talented wide receiver who could put a team over the top, and the type of guy that I know. We always seem to overvalue these veterans and trades. But I think that guy could absolutely fetch a first round pick if you're the Raiders. How do you not like think about that if you get a phone call tomorrow given where you are now, Now back to the line. So yeah, the stats tell the story of complete domination. There's a there's a level of frustration to the game as well, because they were a little sloppy. You know, Jared Goff threw a terrible pick six to Marcus Peters. Riley Peterson miss is a twenty six yard field goal they loot, They turned the ball over in the red zone. They have to settle for four other field goals, many a couple of them pretty short. So it wasn't a perfect game, but like like you're saying, it is a little bit of a just playing with their food type performance. And I think the more important part is, yes, that Jamiir Gibbs, who you know, a draft pick that wasn't overly celebrated back in April because he wasn't Bjean Robinson, who is the flashiest name in the draft class, and because they they cleared out their running back room, which was very productive last year. It's like, why are we doing that Well, what you saw from Gibbs today is like an explosive young player and a guy that's going to keep it getting better. And the Sam Laporta side of things, their tight end. This isn't new. He's been doing this really since week one. He again looked like a young star in the rise. It's just all it's all there, and can they put it together when it counts? Because the division is there, so they're gonna win this division. They're gonna have a home game. Can they get into that conversation for.
Speaker 5: You're a Lions fan, I'm sure they totally agree with you, but they also probably are just like, Okay, let's let's continue to get there. Like I know that's probably going to happen, but we being the Lions, haven't actually won a division in twenty years, or we won a playoff.
Speaker 3: And get there.
Speaker 4: Even the most pessimistic sports fan, if you are a Bears fan and you wake up on Tuesday morning, if you're a Lions fan, you wake up Tuesday morning, you're six and two, and behind you in the standings is the Minnesota Vikings, who just lost their quarterback to an achilles tear with no one behind him. The Packers, who are as sloppy as any operation in the NFC right now, and they who were totally lost at very very well for you know how.
Speaker 5: Many teams they play with a winning record the rest of the season one one week and Dallas like other than that, they have an AT Saints and an AT Chargers. Those are the three hardest games left with with nine games left in the season, so it's set up very well for them to actually compete for the number one overall seed.
Speaker 6: Can I give you an odd comparison, because I think they're the kind of team that could beat Dallas number one, but during the game the Cowboys now not the ninety one Cowboys. Uh, Greg, I know you've read these these books, uh Little Women.
Speaker 3: Prejudice, I think it's underrated, I think and.
Speaker 6: Prejudice also, and like these are these are books where it's like a fleet of Sisters, right, and there's like the leads Star where like the course the leads Star is going to go get the guy Tom womsbagging like as a younger actor in like Pride and Prejudice. But I would say this, the Lions are the sturdy like second Sister, totally solid, great fortune too, and I'm not sure it's all going to happen for them this year.
Speaker 3: So they're Kiera Knightley.
Speaker 6: No, Kiera Knightley is like the stars. She gets like the main one, but it's like the girl from Gone Girl.
Speaker 5: That like second there Rose Pike because when they were younger, though, it almost looked like she was the bigger catch, because there's maybe more convention guys.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they're talking about either, don't.
Speaker 6: Well, it's getting like this getting subjective, but I'm saying they're more the second fiddle a little bit to some of these other you know, the Eagles, but they are in the picture.
Speaker 2: They are viable, they are real though the.
Speaker 4: Lions in full flight and even today where they're not in full flight, but the damn dangerous are good. Like why did why do we even see them as so far behind the Eagles?
Speaker 3: Like I don't, I don't, I don't I came so far behind?
Speaker 2: Why the prettiest girl?
Speaker 6: Because because the Eagles have fulfilled that journey to show us that they already can get there, and I still think they're DNA's they can get there. And the Lions are the team that, like a week ago are to me or like the newer great team that are learning how to be that team and they got wiped out. That's not the DNA of great teams, and they that won't happen to them, that will happen to them less and less, and I see them now more and more as a rising force. I totally believe in them. I think they're totally attractive, but like they're not the lead horse.
Speaker 3: Okay, I I think it's an interesting question that I.
Speaker 2: Think that's I can't get.
Speaker 4: It's a second show in a row where we're recording later at night from the home, and you just have a totally different even tone.
Speaker 2: To your voice. It's it's really messing with me.
Speaker 6: I do I don't. I'm what might be my microphone, but like I'm just saying I don't need it. I'm not need to shove them into the number one spot in the NFC.
Speaker 5: But they're think it's a great to ask, is why wouldn't they be with the Eagles and the forty nine ers and a couple things pop up number one to just be their cornerbacks. I think they could make it if someone was gonna make a trade for like an Adori Jackson, not like a superstar, but just someone that can play some snaps. I think the Lions would be there. They're injured there there, They've been very injured in general. The oh line was injured. You saw that tonight. Goff was under a ton of pressure, especially early in this game. They'll get healthier, but their cornerbacks. But the biggest answer Dan would be, other than experience, would be are their best players close to as good as the best players of the best teams. And you got Laporta and Gibbs. These are two rookies that are getting better. You got Montgomery, you got Aman Ross Saint Brown is a good player. You got Hutchinson, you got Branch, you got this nice group. Alim McNeil really made a big fourth down stop early. Good good player. Are these guys ready and Golf is kind of in that group to level up.
Speaker 3: Even a little more, well, I think that's to get.
Speaker 5: Closer to the superstar Not that they'll be superstars, but will they be that level of players. That's why I don't put them quite with those top teams. But I think sometimes you can add it all up and then they can have a magical night in a magical run, and it could happen.
Speaker 6: But that's why that is a great way to put that.
Speaker 4: I think it's funny because I thought you were edging toward and maybe you were, even if you didn't say it. Like Jared Goff, like is he going to be a guy that you could count on to level up? I mean, he's been to a super Bowl before.
Speaker 5: We always seem no, I think he's part of like the rest of that whole thing, But yes, he would be part of it.
Speaker 4: He's the most But like, yeah, I look at you know, even I think Jalen Hurts is somebody that I see when we talk about the big teams in the NFC. He he's a quarter ahead above these other guys. But like, do I think that Dak Prescott is so much more superior to Goff?
Speaker 2: I don't I think he.
Speaker 4: Maybe I would take Dak if I had to pick one, but I don't think it's that crazy Brock party. Obviously he's in a little bit of a slump right now, but I think he's a good quarter back. I think Goff is every bit his equal, And I think you just look around the NFC, there's I think.
Speaker 3: But aj Deebo, Samuel all.
Speaker 4: You know that but I mean, look at it, an Saint Brown like this guy. Yep, he's a true number one. They would really help if Jameson Williams turns into a guy for them, But every week it seems to be one step forward, two steps back.
Speaker 5: They had some booze when Jamison Williams dropped one. Yeah early, He did make a nice catch later in the game, and then he was also set up for the most thankless end around play in the history of football when the second he touched the ball, Max Crosby exploded his body. It was like Randy Johnson's pitch hitting that bird in spring training twenty years ago. Right for Max, it was insane. Max Crosby is insane. He's he's not going anywhere. By the way, He's a top ten defensive player in the entire NFL. He he might be below Myles Garrett and why in Parsons, but like if he is, if he is, it's barely below.
Speaker 4: All right, let's stop right there, take a break, and then we will continue on.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back.
Speaker 6: Well, you mentioned Max Crosby prior to our and that break was great, Like it's great to I love listening to the to the ads and taking a real break and just enjoying myself during that time. But uh, like the I so when I went to UH, I did a long form that you guys always talk about, these long forms.
Speaker 2: They used to do, like after Dark.
Speaker 6: It was the Raiders last home game in Oakland, and along the sideline, you had you had your John Gruden's, you had a lot of Raiders legends, you know, hanging out. But Max Crosby's mom was like an official Raiders photographer down on the sideline with like a massive like scope lens and like all sorts of equipment, and couldn't had been a nicer woman, and like was so proud of her son, and like it always made me think of Max Crosby differently. But then it was like he was a rookie then and I was like, I don't know what he's going to become. Then it's like he's a superstar now. So that's one thing they've got. They don't got a lot else.
Speaker 4: Did you reconnect with Max Crosby's mom for your Mother's Day long form?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: You know what, you know, what's so incredible is that it had nothing to do with the Mother's Day long form. But I just continue to connect with moms and mothers all over the place.
Speaker 5: I mean, you're getting mileage out of this Mother's Day one. We gotta we got to bring it back. Maybe Father's Day. Do a Father's Day sequel.
Speaker 6: I mean it was large.
Speaker 2: Mark. Just keep talking, Bud, just go what did I do?
Speaker 6: Like, I'm just telling you the truth?
Speaker 3: Like it?
Speaker 2: No, go, I want to go down that mom road a little bit more.
Speaker 6: I just I don't know. I've always I feel like you. I was the kind of person that always Greg would be this way too. I think whenever, like you'd be young and like you'd have a paramore young person, like like the mom always is like this seems like a relatively safe individual for.
Speaker 4: Mie, the lead singer of Delaware the Greatest, like acid.
Speaker 6: Pro Delawares, like Delaware went out of operation like eighteen months into it's you know it's run.
Speaker 5: So hey, don't talk, don't talk bad about Delaware. And yes, I do love a little mom energy in this world. We need, we need more. Shout out to Max Crosby for donating a million dollars to his university. Tonight they announced there today a million dollars. I don't know about I don't think I would give any I don't give any money to universities.
Speaker 6: Universities seem like the last place to need us to donate.
Speaker 5: But that's what's a borderline. Most of them are like borderline criminal organizations. But that's another podcast.
Speaker 2: You know you're talking about, too lane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I'm sure that you know every institution is crooked, but maybe down there it's a little worse.
Speaker 5: I don't mean crooked, I just mean like they're taking all this money, and you know you could go to a school for I get an keeper that's much better a ton.
Speaker 2: Like everyone else.
Speaker 4: I guess of junk from my album Mater Northeastern University.
Speaker 2: I've never opened one of the envelopes, never once.
Speaker 4: All Right, anything else from this game or anywhere else. The trade deadline is closing in tomorrow afternoon.
Speaker 3: Well just from this game.
Speaker 5: This is one of the reasons why you take Gibbs by the way, is you're gonna have different points of the season where you can't give him thirty touches or twenty five like they did a week, going than thirty t every week. But this is why this is the reason to have two running backs. Sometimes one's gone and then the other one takes over, and then Gibbs is gun and the other one takes over, and then they're in better position when they get to the very end. I think the Lions have done a nice job on that. Like throughout their roster, you see they rotate in seven to eight defensive linemen. It's why they've they've been able to survive injuries. It's a really well built team. I'm glad they gave Brad Brad Holmes some pop their GM who's done a really nice job on the broadcast. And they're a smart team. I noticed that they're always very well prepared for situational football. Doesn't mean everything ends up going right, but I always get on coaches for clocks and like being ready in the moment. They're never scrambling to get that play in. They're they're never not wondering what they're gonna do at fourth and three or fourth and one, and they always have a plan for it. And I really admire Dan Campbell and the staff that they have. They they're gonna be a fun team that's gonna have a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Night footballs fine.
Speaker 6: And Dan, this will be far less intellectual than that comment by Greg but like if we if you're watching the YouTube, I do think we have the copy of like that extremely strong woman pulling Jamir Gibbs into the stands.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I forget about like little women. Let's talk about a jacked woman, right, yeah.
Speaker 6: Like this is a powerful moment for all women.
Speaker 1: Touchdown one to night for the rookie. Look at that, come back, Jamyr, come back.
Speaker 6: I think that woman clearly seemed to be paired up with a gentleman you know, next door at the moment, but then she just pulled Jimier Gibbs right in between them.
Speaker 2: Couldn't have been it.
Speaker 6: More excited about the entire scenario.
Speaker 5: Watch out, watch out for what she might join the team.
Speaker 3: Or I mean, like you never know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: You never you never know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Just so like just like that, you know, just let Mark finish all his thoughts tonight, go ahead, Mark, No, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just saying like that.
Speaker 6: I thought it was a surprising moment for multiple people, like that one little if you go watch that video, multiple people were surprised by it, and uh.
Speaker 3: Well that's a great point, Mark, thank you.
Speaker 6: Tony GROSSI I think like I just think that that's you know, it was one of my favorite moments of a largely forgettable moment and evening for the Raiders and Raiders fans don't even just settle down for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Mm fair.
Speaker 4: Jimmy Garoppolo said he's pissed he didn't play well. Quote, I have to be smart with the football, get the ball out on. We have to keep plugging away. There's so much love in that locker room. It sucks to have played like that. Yeah, he's had some stinkers in his career and he's been around for a while now, but.
Speaker 2: He was so lost in this game.
Speaker 4: And there was one even a completion he made where he kind of dropped it down side arm when it was turning away and he completed the pass, but it was clearly just trying to protect himself. It seemed like almost I'd never seen him playing with less confidence. And my last Raiders thought is we're all piling on Josh McDaniels. And that's fair because he's really not doing the job there, and he hasn't ever done the job when he's been given this level of responsibility. But Dave Ziggler is also there. He's the general manager. I think this is his second year, and I see what you're saying, Greg that, Yeah, you know, why tear it down, You're just gonna do it again three years from now. Like but if they don't have the right leadership in place, and this is you know, just you gotta find the right people and look at it.
Speaker 2: The Lions are per example.
Speaker 4: I mean, how many times did that organization go through coaches and gms and quarterbacks and just tear down, tear down until finally there was.
Speaker 2: A setup that's stuck.
Speaker 4: I feel like the Raiders fans who are it's a great, passionate, loud, rambunctious fan base, they deserve better than what they're getting right now in this era of Rangers football. And it's been a while now. I mean, I agree, this has been a rough rough twenty years or.
Speaker 2: So now for the Raiders and their fans.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 5: And in that case, you can also point to ownership and wonder if it'll ever change, you know, if certain things stay the same. But it changed with the Lions. They did head it on eventually, and for what it's worth, the team owner has another team that's won two straight championships in the WMBA the Aces.
Speaker 3: They're back in the Monday Night Football podcast.
Speaker 5: You know, Mark Davis is killing it with his other team, so I'm with you. It's kind of like a player a first round pick. That's one thing Josh McDaniel's and Bill Belichick we're good at with their bad draft picks, don't They know when they're bad and they just get rid of them quickly. So if I think you're right, I think McDaniels is out this year.
Speaker 2: I feel like when you keep mentioning.
Speaker 4: The Las Vegas Aces to bait me into saying something to get myself in trouble, but I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 5: I just was pointing out that the ownership is like terrible or cursor thinking that way. But then I was like, well, he literally has one other team that is dominating that sport, so maybe maybe he just needs to hit on the right guy.
Speaker 3: And it's not Josh McDaniels. That's for sure.
Speaker 6: Football is completely different than basketball.
Speaker 3: But I'm going to get out of here. When we hit record.
Speaker 5: As fast as DeVante Adams got it off that field, I mean he was sprinting out of there.
Speaker 3: He is fed up.
Speaker 4: He is fed Honestly, I didn't pull that number out of thin air. Those back to back possessions. I think it was in the fourth quarter if you add it up. One was from the two yard line, no safety over top if and he had beaten the corner, he is going for ninety eight yards in a touchdown. And then on the next drive it's from their forty. Once again, he runs a beautiful route. This guy's still an elite player, and he just gets overthrown again out of the out of bounds. Now that one, maybe a safety cuts him off and stops him scoring. Maybe, but it's very likely. That's two catches for ninety eight yards and all of a sudden, a game that the lines refused to put away is getting away from them. But Garoppolo just didn't show up. And that's and that's very frustrating. And even I'm not gonna defend McDaniels, but like when the quarterback's missing layups like that, everyone's gonna look worse. But obviously there's layers to the issues with Las Vegas.
Speaker 6: Right now, I'd say one little quick thing, like like to your point before dant Derek Carr, for all we think of him, like plus and minus like he and DeVante Adams worked a year ago. They worked fine. That's why there's a large reason why DeVante Adams came there, along with the money and the player we just watched on the video on this broadcast. Here is a player that does not want to be where he is. He does not want to be there, and this organization needs to figure out how to deal with that situation. And I wonder if it could be dealt with as quickly as tomorrow, but I don't think it will be because they don't figure that stuff out. And it's like, I'm not on my previous comments, I'm not trying to kill Raiders fans. I think the Raiders are a great organization historically, but you cannot sit and just rip people that rip the team because this is a mess right now. I just see a mess from all angles. I see a mess.
Speaker 5: Well, look a look at the Lions and see hope. These are the only two teams in the NFL that have not won a division or a playoff game in twenty years, the Lions and the Raiders, So in that way, they're the least successful teams in one of them has got it right, and that's a good tease Mark, because we're going to be back right when trade deadline happens. We are taping another podcast and that is in about trying to do the math sixteen hours.
Speaker 3: I think, so see you then, guys.
Speaker 2: Devout day.
Speaker 4: Adams had one hundred catches for one thy five hundred and sixteen yards and fourteen touchdowns last year, and now they can't even get him the ball. And I will say, to his credit, and you've seen wide receivers which are a different breed shut it down or become malcontents, and you could tell that the effort level's not there. I think Adams is a really good teammate and a guy that's giving everything he has. He's just being hung out to dry by an organization that's just rudderless right now, which is he made the decision to go there. He kind of engineered that whole move. I wonder how he's feeling about that right now. Probably, I don't know, could have trade happened. I guess we'll wait and see. All right, we will be yes back, like Greg said, tomorrow, and hopefully we have some blockbusters to talk about. But I guess you got to come back and find out, don't everyone that listens to the show. Do not get your NFL information from anywhere else. Just listen to our show, like.
Speaker 3: Cold joining us. It's our Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Heed the call.
Speaker 6: H