Speaker 1: What's that.
Speaker 2: It's spooky, joky, I'm really sure it's dead, it's coming, it's way Wait a minute, I'm gasted us, says.
Speaker 1: He.
Speaker 2: Hey boo, it's me Raz. First of all, thank you guys, I got so many nice messages. That episode last week was so fun and I'm so happy that so many people enjoyed it. I think there might be some new listeners. Hello, welcome, come on in, go listen back to all the other old episodes, And thank you guys for all your kind messages about some of the changes I'm doing around here. But seriously, I like, I really want you. No, I'm not changed. I'm not giving up on the way that the show's always been. It's still gonna be that. I'm just there's just this format that I just want to do more. And today is another episode with a comedian who I adore, and she doesn't really have ghost stories of her own, but nonetheless we talk paranormal. We have a couple of chuckles. We'll talk about the Seaford Poltergeist, which is a case that I delved into on a Patreon episode a couple months ago, and it's a fascinating one. I'm a little bit tired, and I've been trying to figure out what to do with this information. I posted a video on Patreon a couple weeks ago link in the description about a ghost relationship that I began a couple of weeks ago, And by that I mean I kind of, by accident welcomed a ghost into my life, which I know it's way too spot on. It's like, like, seriously, girl, like all you do is talk about ghosts, and no, everything's a ghost for you. I know, I am skeptical of myself. There's a part of me that's like, no, there's no way, but I can just tell you what I have experienced and it's real and it's been happening at nighttime and it's been messing with my sleep.
Speaker 1: And I know.
Speaker 2: I was joking last week with Paton and Meredith about you know, you can't be too thirsty for it, because these ghosts don't want to end up on your podcast. Okay, let me just tell you the story now. I am not somebody that likes labels of any I am not buying non tinery, non quadrupinary. I don't know, I don't want, don't ever. I like a lot of different things at once. And when it comes to spiritual practices religions, I like a lot of them. And I've been dabbling in a little bit more witchcraft these days. I really do love witchcraft. I think I find a lot of similarities to a lot of different spiritual practices. I just witchcraft smells better. I'm just gonna say it. It smells better than the other ones. Not that the other ones have any scent. I just really like herbs and candles and oils. I also don't like to include any of my spiritual beliefs in the paranormal and not listen. I joke all the time when I'm talking on this podcast and stuff, but I really do view myself as a paranormal researcher and I don't like to have any bias because of my own spiritual beliefs. And I know a lot of people do in their paranormal research, and I love that. Actually. I think it's great to have a lot of different voices. But for me personally, I just the stance that I take is just to be very open minded and not and leave my biases at the door and just sort of hear how things are for other people. I find that fascinating so anyway, I've been you know, I've been doing witchcraft. But there's a part of me I'm kind of a private person. I don't really like to talk about that kind of stuff. I know it's like it's relevant to this story, but I wouldn't even necessarily say that what I was doing in this moment was witchcraft. It was I was just trying to, I guess, establish a connection, trying to find guidance, trying to I don't know, I was just, you know, just it's very similar to being like, are you there, God. It's me like kind of doing that, but you know, calling on ancestors, calling on you know, just that kind of thing, just just looking for guidance beyond myself. And so I don't want to put this in the category necessarily of witchcraft. I'm also slightly embarrassed because I don't want to sound like like I was doing something wrong or like I didn't like I didn't do it right. I will say that I went hard when it comes to this ritual of sorts that I was doing, just really focusing in meditating, manifesting, connecting, like I really really went for it this time. I think the first thing that happened, and I've been trying to log the activity. But I didn't realize that this was going to be a full on relationship when it started, So I think it was. I believe it was not the first night that I initially was saying, hey, what's going on? You up to the spirit world, But I think it was the second night. Second night, I'm laying in bed with my doorable Pomeranian, Rocky, who will turn fifteen this November. He sleeps so hard it's actually kind of scary trying to wake him up sometimes. And the two of us are sleeping, and there are two knocks in my bedroom in the corner of my bedroom, kind of where I keep my my crystals in my all that stuff. I hear two knocks on something. And this was not neighbors. This was in the room as far as I can tell. And it woke Rocky up. Rocky peaked his little head up and he was looking around too, and I just thought that that was weird. I went back to bed whatever, and I was the next and the next day, of course, I'm googling what does do knocks in the middle of the night mean? And I find some janky blog that's like two knocks in the night means death is coming or something like that. So I'm like, great, this is how I'm gonna die. Perfect, So I file it away. Whatever I go to bed, I believe it was the next night, I'm sleeping peacefully. You already know me, like I don't. I don't have hardly anything interesting ever happened in my dreams. I've got some kind of low budget, non union production happening in this brain. When I go to bad there's no there's no graphics, there's no know, there's nothing, there's the acting is horrible. It's just not good. So so I don't feel like I was dreaming this. And I felt something crawl into my bed. I felt a person crawl into my bed. I've been single for a minute now. I haven't felt anybody crawling in my bed, but I know that feeling. I was not expecting anybody to crawl in my bed. I had no plans for that to happen. My doors are locked, and I I jot up, And now I don't know if I woke Rocky up because I I jotted up. So jotted is jo you know you jott something down? I jetted. I I did something like that, I jetted, I jetted up, I did I got up, I sat up. Okay. And it's so funny when I when you go through these experiences, because I'm and I of course had a lot of paranormal experiences, but when I interview or just you know, talk to people on this podcast or in life that have these experiences, I'm always like, well, did you say anything? Did you say get out? Or did you girl? My neighborhood is so quiet, I've got neighbors real close by. Like, I'm not just gonna yell at what I'm going to say for the purpose of the story. I think was like three am. I don't quote me on that, but it was. It was in the middle of the night. I'm I'm not just going to be like get out, Like I'm just not going to do that.
Speaker 1: So I.
Speaker 2: I went back to bed, and surprisingly I did go back to bed, and what seemed like a couple of minutes later, it happened again, and so I didn't like that, but whatever, I nonetheless managed to sleep. So I went back to bad. I was probably I think I was thinking, Okay, this is probably in my head, like come on, all you do is consume ghost story content and things visiting people in the middle of the night, like it's probably in your head. So I usually set my alarm for a shameful hour for people that have normal lives, but in the in the morning technically, and this an hour before when I usually wake up. I believe that I heard a voice very gently in my ear, like kinda kind of could feel it in my ear. Now, who knows when you're sleeping, Who knows? But I heard somebody say, wake up, like real nice, wake up, one of those things where it's nice until you're that there's nobody there, and then it becomes terrifying. And so I did indeed follow their instructions, and I woke up, and I started to feel like it seemed it seems like a needy friend. Now I'm the kind of friend I have a lot of close friends.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: Call me Kelly Clarkston. I'm misindependent. I don't need I don't need a friend. That's like, what are we gonna do today? Where are we gonna go? I don't. I'm not. I don't have an itinerary. I'm not you're not my responsibility. I'm not going to take you places. You're not gonna just crawl into my bed and cuddle because it's sweet. I just I'm not that kind of person. It feels it felt like it was that kind of friend. It felt like it was an invisible version of one of those people that wanted to come into my life and wanted to say, what are we going to do today? Wait, you get the camma. No, I don't like that, And so I started putting up boundaries. I start, it's you saging, of course, or well, actually, now I use Palasanto and and I do a cleansing of the house, and I'm saying this time out loud that I'm not gonna lie. I do have a little bit of shame still, and I don't I don't want to be too loud. I don't want my neighbors to be like, what is she doing now? I've ready put up with this person leaving the house in full drag at seven am to go to a drag brunch. The neighbors have seen it. Don't get me started on the things that they've seen and heard over here. So I'm just I got my Palasanto, and I'm and I'm saying out loud, hey, and I'm I'm like hey, hey, hey, it's me again. All right, I gotta put up some boundaries. I did want, you know, positive energies and vibes and and angels whatever, guardian angel whatever, you know. I use a lot of different words. I do want you in my life, but you can't. Can you please not interrupt my sleep? You're messing you know. It had been a couple of nights where I didn't have just I just didn't have good sleep, and yeah, I'm like setting up this boundary and that was that.
Speaker 1: Well, then.
Speaker 2: I think that night was fine, so I'm like, okay, great, it worked wonderful. And then some other time within the next few days, I'm sleeping and it's it's happening a little bit more. Just little thing, not not crawling into the bed, not knocking, just I can't even explain it, but just getting awoken and it could be in my head, but like the feeling of something else in the room, and I God, Actually the story is kind of long. Should I leave a cliffhanger?
Speaker 1: Is that rude?
Speaker 2: I mean, I talk about it all on Patreon. Let's do a cliffhanger for now, guys hate me. Listen. It's not every day that I have a ghost appear in my life or some kind of supernatural force appear in my life and disrupt my sleep. And so since I literally have the job of talking about ghosts every single week, I gotta pace out my experiences when they do happen. So I actually think I will leave it as a cliffhanger. Oh my god, I would say, listen, here's what I'll say. I will say to you before you get mad at me. So far, and this has been like a month. The craziest thing that has happened was that night that what I've already told you, but it's not over. Well, it's it's contained. Okay, before anybody starts telling me you should do this, you should do that. I pretty much took care of it. But then there was a part of me that was like, wait, I miss you. Do no, no, do no, don't don't go, don't go, don't go. I need the content come back, so I will. It's peaceful. It is not anything evil, I really don't think. So. I think it is truly a good thing. But there's been a couple of there's been some more activity that I could report, and I will report. Don't you worry, Okay, Anyway, you guys, I got to talk to my friend Naomi ek Paragan. Who is She is so funny. She has a comedy special on Netflix under a series called The stand Ups. If you just tell her name on Netflix you'll find it The stand Ups. And she also has some one that's coming out soon. She'll tell you about where you can hear her and see her. And she's on the TV show Mythic Quest on Apple TV constantly doing stand up. She was a writer on broad City. Hello credits, credits credits. I'm very grateful that she made the time. She's a lovely friend, and I think that I think this is the format. I mean, I'm kind of doing the same thing with Naomi that I did with Paton and Meredith. For the most part, I'm a little bit nervous about doing Haunted eBay dolls every time, just because I don't I first of all, I don't want these haunted eBay doll people coming for me. I don't want one of these dells showing up on my doorstep to say, oh, you think it's funny to make fun of our dolls, Well, here you go. I don't want that. And I also don't want people to make fake profiles so that I'll read them so we'll see. I might paste those out a bit, but or maybe not. Okay, here we go. Here's me talking paranormal with Naomi ex Paragon on with the show Naomi eg Paragon at long last.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can't believe it. I will tell you I my dog had a veit appointment this morning. It was for eleven am. Why did it take like literally two hours and twenty minutes? And I will put it in. I'm like, excuse me, I have to do a podcast about ghosts. Are we gonna wrap it up?
Speaker 2: I wanted you on here for a long time, but you know, the rule was always kind of you have to have a ghost story, and you've always been down to do it. But you said that you didn't have a ghost story, and I want to know what you're where you're at with all this stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm still sad that I don't have a ghost story, you know. When you've asked me, it's like, of course I would love to have a ghost story, really, but I don't, And I don't you know, I think it's interesting. Do I believe in them?
Speaker 3: Or do I like the idea?
Speaker 1: Of them. Do you think that that's interchangeable because I like the idea of ghost inspectors.
Speaker 3: I like the idea that wait, what do.
Speaker 2: You mean ghost inspectors ghosts? And then like spectors that's what I like to call them, saying ghost inspectors.
Speaker 1: Well, I do like the idea of inspecting ghosts. Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I thought that that was like a word for like ghostbuster or something. Oh yeah, like the Hunters, I was inspectors. I don't like them because it's like all just shaky camera footage.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like those shows are just like they're really making a mountain out of a mole hill when it comes to what they get, you know, they're like they're like the waves on the machinet are different.
Speaker 3: And then they managed to make that what a twenty eight minute program?
Speaker 2: Uh, you're no fun, Naomi. I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love a bunch of people just in a room, real serious going. Something touched me.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that. I'm like, I didn't see it, but I believe you see I need to see it. I like when things move, you can't be totally saying to some touch me. It's like may, I'm the window is open behind you. I'm gonna need a real sealed off space to make it believable.
Speaker 2: We need to get you on one of those shows. I want to see you join one of these TV shows and just be doing that the whole time, debunking every debunking.
Speaker 3: I would do it. I would do it. But I'll tell you this. It's like, I do want you to be right, but.
Speaker 1: I am gonna look for every other reason right to Really it's almost like a real fact checking. You say something touched you, but why do we make sure the overhead fan isn't on first right? Well?
Speaker 2: And I think that that is responsible ghost hunting. You can't believe everything. You have to be a little bit skeptical because if we just jump to everything's a ghost, as fun as that is, it doesn't really help anything.
Speaker 1: But you do believe, and you're you know, you obviously have ghost experiences, do you, but you don't believe everything's a ghost? Like?
Speaker 3: Are you still a little not cynical? But are you a little distrusting?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I say skeptical because I'm even skeptical of my own experiences to be honest, where I'm like, did I really did was that it's just in my head. But I think that it's I think that that's a good thing to be. I just I think you can be a believer in this stuff and still doubt that everything is legit. I mean, I have been to probably over a hundred psychics in my lifetime, but I almost have a problem when it comes to psychics. I'm picturing me like in recovery for psychics, but I've been to so many of them, and you can't you know, if they tell you you have to do this, it's you're in a weird situation where you're like, I don't know, I don't know you, lady, And you're telling me just because there's a real nice neon sign out front that you paid nice money for. Then that makes me believe that everything you say, I have to do this. One psychic one time told me, the second you leave this building, the most amazing thing is going to happen to you.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 2: I walk down Fairfax, not one damn thing happened to me, So I don't know. But then I happened to some psychics that have really nailed it.
Speaker 1: Really, So the last time I did anything remotely psychic, it would have been I mean, my god, it would have been two thousand nine or ten. All I know is I was very early in my relationship with A and D, and I was backstage though at I think I was backstage at Comics Comedy Club, which is a club in.
Speaker 3: New York that no longer exists.
Speaker 1: And it was like, We're about to do some show and there's a woman back there, and I think that she was a a partner of a comic, do you know what I mean. I don't think she was a performer. But we're just like chit chatting. And then she was like, oh, you know, I am a palm.
Speaker 3: Reader and du taro.
Speaker 1: And I was like, ah, yay, do you feel like doing it? You know? And she is reading my palm and and I said something about being in a relationship and she was like, okay, well what I'm seeing here is is this person.
Speaker 3: You know, this is a good relationship, but this is not the one. This is just like a nice moment.
Speaker 1: Cut to thirteen years later, I am still with that person, and every now and then I think, okay, if we break up, was the pom reader right? She like, well it wasn't the one, oh no. But That's what she said to me, and I just remember being like, okay, well, which is also like, it's such a safe thing to say, right because ninety nine point nine percent of relationship not quote unquote, that is true.
Speaker 2: Sickly, it's a good you have a good bet guessing that. I guess. Did you have gloves on? Did you have anything on your hand that may have skewed her vision?
Speaker 1: You know what? My hands were probably ashy and that could have affected the read an ashy little palm?
Speaker 2: Have you gone to a psychic on purpose?
Speaker 1: No? Except I was like, you know what movie I loved when I was little, and like why? I was like, ooh, I want to go to a psychic ghost? Was the movie teen Witch? Ah? Did you see teen Witch?
Speaker 2: That Zelda Rubinstein?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Wait, okay, you know what I'm I've been really leaning into synchronicities lately, and I love the idea of synchronicities. Today, as I was in my bathroom, I was thinking about talking to you, and for some reason, I was thinking about Zelda Rubinstein.
Speaker 1: What that's insane?
Speaker 2: Well, actually I know why. Actually I know why because later on I wanted to tell you about a famous poultrygeist that they say inspired the movie Poulter guyst. I think that's why I was thinking, here I go be yeahctical. But I was thinking about Zelda Rubinstein, who might be my favorite actress of all.
Speaker 1: Time, of all time, that movie teen, which because it's like, you know she in that movie. She know, she's like quote unquote dowdy girl, you know, and like are's a crush on the hot boy from Afar and then she's like walking by herself in a store, and then she gets to Zelda's house and Zelda's like, Ye're a witch. And I was like always like, oh, I just wish like a small old woman would tell me my destiny.
Speaker 2: You know, well, why don't you go visit one. I know a lot of small old women that will tell you.
Speaker 1: But are they good? I'm really I really don't like the idea of being hustled. Okay, It's like why I don't like even like and I don't even just mean something, you know, like palm reading. It's like, if you say you're gonna come fix something in my house, you better be the real deal, you know what I mean. I can't have no shade yes plumber, Like, I just don't like this it's just like, how do I know if this person is good? And how are we defining good like their connection to the other side.
Speaker 2: Sure, and I always say in support of psychics, I don't believe that there's a single one that is always right. It just it just can't possibly be that way. But I do believe that they can be a lot of the times, but they wouldn't always be right. There's just no way we worship them. If they were always.
Speaker 3: True, they would be gods. They would be gods among us.
Speaker 2: Exactly. What about synchronicities for you? Is that something that you It's interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I do think that there have been times.
Speaker 1: I do think a lot of times in my life I've had a feeling of deja vus that has been so intense I.
Speaker 3: Was like, can I see the future? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: When you really feel like you were like I have been here before, and it's something that is it's not like something part of your daily routine where you feel like I've been here before, but something where it's like I've like been in this conversation with this person.
Speaker 3: Who I'm just meeting right now. Does that happen to you ever?
Speaker 2: Yes, what is that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think it's interesting. I think sometimes like it's interesting. I think for me, I feel a very instant connection to people. Not everyone, but like when I feel it is instant in a way that like I'm very easily like I want to know her, you know, like that's how I felt about you. I was like, I'm in love and it's really interesting that that happens, because it's like I think though, to me, it is a frequency thing. I think I'm drawn to people who have a very calming energy and comming I meaning notsily like you're here to soothe other people, but like you exude a sense of calm that I find so appealing and I'm like, how how I want to go to there? And it's just like really like it's it's really wild because I'll just be like like my stomach will kind of not up and it's just say this feeling of like, oh my god, this person's great. I haven't said anything yet.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you about a famous poulter geist please? Okay. It's called the Seaford poulter Geist, which is not to be confused with the diet I'm on, which is the seafood diet. I don't know if you're familiar with this. The way it works is if I see food, I eat it.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is not that this is the Sea Ford poltergeist, not diet.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I got a lot of this information from the PSI Encyclopedia website, and this is a case that it is said to have inspired the Poulter guist. So it took place in Seaford, Like I'm hitting that hard. I'm sure it's just Seaford, Seaford, Seaford?
Speaker 1: Is it what?
Speaker 3: Seaford? Massachusetts, Long Islands, New York Islands? Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, in a time before Teresa Caputo, the Long Island medium, who would have solved this in a flash. Ah. So this is a really interesting story because it did take place like really quickly. It was just like a moment in time that happened. The Herman family. So we're talking about James and Lucille Herman and they have a son and a daughter. Now is this adorable? I'm not sure, but their kids were named James and Lucille.
Speaker 1: No, it's not adorable. Why not? I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: It's like a mini version of us exactly. But you guys are married and your children are siblings. Do you see where it's already at lost? Yeah, you see it's already a little off. And then it's also like, why don't you let your child be their own person? Why are you so obsessed with yourself? If you would to name some after yourself, I think you could. It could be a pet, but not another person.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's why the ghosts were drawn to them.
Speaker 3: I guess the evil of that have.
Speaker 2: So in February of nineteen fifty eight, Lil James Junior, who at the time was twelve Lucille was thirteen. He comes home from school and he goes to his dresser and he has a toy ship on it and a ceramic doll and they're broke. They're both broken. And Lucille Senior, do you call ladies seniors?
Speaker 3: I feel like this instance where they'd name a child after themselves.
Speaker 2: Big Lucille, Mama, Mama Lucille. So she's good. She goes into her room and on her dresser is a small bottle of holy water with the cap off, and it's spilled all over the place. What so, either somebody is rooting around their dressers or and I'm more inclined to believe this option, we got ourselves a polter guys. So over forty five minutes, there are bottle caps flying off of all kinds of bottles in the house, no, NonStop, and we're talking everything. Over the course of five weeks, there are if it's a bottle, say goodbye to your top, bleach, paint, thinner, perfume, wine, medications, shampoo. The house is wet, and I imagine it's smelling funky, and so there's constantly things flying around the house. Figurines are flying and colliding and smashing in the air. It starts to get into bigger stuff, like it becomes furniture lambs. No, yes, and then allegedly a bookcase was turned upside down.
Speaker 3: That is crazy, what are you saying?
Speaker 2: So the last occurrence took place on March tenth, So we started out, when was this February tomorrow? So it's like a quick it was five weeks, I guess, so on four different occasions. It was so violent that the family was like, fuck this, we are out of here. So they left and stayed with friends for a total of six nights and it's weird because it's nineteen fifty eight. It's like, who do you call exactly? I just think when every single bottle is getting popped off, which pas. Another name for this case is called the popper, the popper, the popper Poulter guys, or the popper the pauper incidents, to be confused with a few popper incidents I had in my twenties, which is very different.
Speaker 3: This is perfect for pride. Yeah, copper poultry guys.
Speaker 2: So they called the police and James Senior assumed that it was little James Junior playing tricks. But one day he said in an actual formal police statement that he, James Senior, was brushing his teeth and he saw a medicine bottle and a shampoo bottle moving in the bathroom at the same time, and there was no James Junior around doing it. So he was like, what is going on here? So this cop comes by, does an inspection of the house and with the family here. While he was there with the family, he heard noises in the bathroom. He went in there, there was a bottle of shampoo that had fallen. There was a bottle of Chao pep tape that was in the sink, and so a guy named Detective Joseph Tauzzy was assigned to do full time duty in the house.
Speaker 1: And that's crazy to think that in nineteen fifty eight they were just like, your job is to just sit here and let us know if bottles pop exactly. This is the kind of stuff the cops can handle. Okay, don't give anything more than that. I sit here, make a log if a bottle pops exactly.
Speaker 2: So they have a cousin named Marie Martha and Mermura Mirtha, not Martha, not Mirtha Stewart, it's Marie Mirthaea. Their cousin, Marie Martha. She witnessed a figurine fly rapidly in the air, and a cap on a bottle of ink popped off loudly, and it threw ink all over the damn place. Now that is that's too much.
Speaker 3: That is truly a messy bitch, that Poulter guys.
Speaker 2: But I imagine it's the fifties where they would have those plastic covers on the couches and stuff. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe, well you could only hope, I mean having two little children maybe, But I mean think about the rug.
Speaker 3: You know there's carpet honey.
Speaker 2: Oh it was of course carpeted. I mean, combine so annoying, these damn Poulter guys. So they ended up having journalists come from Newsweek, Time Magazine, New York Times, the London Evening News. They all came by, which girl, I wish I could get this kind of press. I'll pop some bottles, I'll pop bottles.
Speaker 3: Did anything happened for them? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Like, I guess what I'm interested is like, you know, this is like a five week moment. Is this happening all the time, because it's like one of those things where you know, if this was a movie, it would happen. You would have someone come over and nothing would happen exactly, you know what I mean, and then everyone would be like you crazy, Well, we're crazy, Lucy.
Speaker 2: That's the part we're getting too. So a journalist from Newsweek stayed the night and he witnessed a dresser fall over and a lamp being overturned. There was a physicist that came by and witnessed a bookcase being turned upside down. What The Parapsychology Laboratory of Duke University sent some guys over and they saw some shit.
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, so this is not a secret ghost. This is a ghost. It's like letting everyone know I'm here, this is my house.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Ghost is like real, this is what I've trained for. We got the press here, I'm gonna give them a show. I want there to be a Zelda Rubinstein movie about this. So they ruled out a bunch of possibilities. These guys from the Parapsychology Laboratory of Duke University. They looked into vibrations that could have been from planes shaken the house, or plumbing, chimney winds coming through high frequency radio waves, problems with air circulation, like all the logical explanations, it would seem they couldn't find any of those reasons. They conceded that many of the events could have been from those naughty little kids playing jokes, because the kids were present for most of the stuff that went down. However, there are many events where the kids were confirmed to not be present, and they grilled them hardcore with the detectives, and I guess the dad was really thinking it was a little boy, and they got him to the point of tears where.
Speaker 3: He was like, I haddet it.
Speaker 1: It was as he's.
Speaker 2: Got like ink all over his hands. But they found no evidence that the kids were secretly magicians, which was something that they thought, and yeah, I mean that would be some amazing magic, honestly. But they did test to see if someone could create some kind of gas pressure in the bottles that would make this That's.
Speaker 1: What I was thinking, Like, if you were a magician, that would be the work of like shaking a bottle and then loosely putting the cat back on right right in soda, But like, I don't know, you do like bleach and ink?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's like you can probably do like a baking soda.
Speaker 1: Through volcanoes, yes, well Science Fair volcanoes everywhere totally.
Speaker 2: Oh and then it smells awful. But they they tried different things like that, and they saw that it would either burst the container completely or it would seep out from under the lid whatever the gas that they put in it. But I don't know, maybe the kid had a secret recipe that they didn't try. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I doubt it.
Speaker 1: I doubt I doubt little Jimmy Junior in Seaford, Long Island had some secret skill. No one knew about.
Speaker 3: I just have a feeling they were regular.
Speaker 2: Well okay, so they also wondered why the family would have called the police if they were making it up. I don't know. Worse, absolutely, they liked the theory these parapsychologists. They liked the theory that it was the current spontaneous psychokinesis from James Junior, which basically that's that's some carry shit, you know, which you know, they from other cases that that the parapsychologists people were aware aware of or they had investigated themselves. They saw that a lot of times these kinds of cases are centered around one person. And since when he was around, ship was always going down, could it be he's moving things around with his brain whether he realizes it.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's gonna be like part of his puberty, is what we're saying.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly. So they did refuse a lie detector test the whole family, but they said it was because they didn't want to subject the kids.
Speaker 1: To to that.
Speaker 2: So okay, okay, that's pretty much the conclusion of that story.
Speaker 1: But wait, no, the wait what happened? So what like March tenth, like March eleventh, there was just nothing else. They were just done.
Speaker 3: It just stopped.
Speaker 2: It's like the Sopranos final season just goes to black and.
Speaker 1: You're like, okay, I'm sorry, do we have any information who lived in this house before them? I mean, if you're telling me there's a damn department at Duke University, can somebody get out of microfiche, give me some research who was living in the Seaford Herman House before?
Speaker 2: But they were living there already when it started. It's not like they moved in and it started. It was just like a rapid It was like a flash mob or like remember those. It was like something that just popped up, improv everywhere whatever exactly.
Speaker 3: So okay, it popped up and it popped off.
Speaker 1: The popper popped off. I believe that somebody lived there before, and I would here's my theory on what the pultry goes.
Speaker 3: Okay, because it's popping.
Speaker 1: Bottles, it's creating messes, it's doing a lot of household things. This was the ghost of the woman who was like the lady of the house before, uh huh. And she did not like the way Lucille kept her house. She did not like the way Big Lucille was running her home. Okay, and she said, I'm gonna cause problems here. I'm gonna make her clean because she doesn't seem to want to. I am going to like ruin what she thinks is pretty by like throwing ink everywhere. See, this is what be getting Mealin.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm calling you now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, thank you, Rosalind I need details on the previous occupants of the Seaford House. Oh God.
Speaker 2: I hate when people ask me questions after I already did my research.
Speaker 3: You don't have to tell me. I don't know myself.
Speaker 2: If you're taking facts from me, that's a you problem. Okay, this is just what I've read online. I didn't get to that part, but I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: I'm research.
Speaker 2: I believe in like Telecanesi's psychic cansis. I believe in this kind of stuff, people being able to move things with them. I think that something like that can just happen. A lot of times poultrygeist cases are like this. They just kind of manifest and then they head on out to the next town.
Speaker 1: It's interesting you say you believe in people moving things in their minds. I don't know if I believe in like a living person having a power. But I very much believe that like a spirit can linger and ruin things. I mean, quite frankly, I feel like I am already haunting my own home.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I just like walk around barefoot in a pajama dress, just sobbing softly, and he's like, is that you?
Speaker 3: It's that creature.
Speaker 1: So I already feel like I can't like when I am dead, I will continue to engage in that behavior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, well, you don't believe that people can move things in their mind, but with your mind you have moved me many times as I've heard you do. You're brilliant comedy.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that was a good way.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It was like a pickup line that was weird. Okay, I want to I'll tell you about a phenomenal that I'm obsessed with. Okay, please eBay Haunted Dolls. What There is a world that I am very much. I'm very involved in the community, and by that I mean I go to eBay, I screenshot pictures and I laugh about it. There are Annabell's inspiring Annabell's. The goal is to one day become Annabelle. Annabelle is like the Kim Kardashian of the Haunted Doll World. Okay, these are all micro influencers. I'm giving them a platform. Let's see what they do with it. But this is my reality show, try and search for the next Annabelle. Okay, So today we're gonna talk about Sonya. Kyle, can you show us Sonya? Now here's son Im Sorry, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: You got Sony's already so scary. You have to describe it. I can't even look now.
Speaker 2: You describe Sonya. Well, okay, she's got a pearl necklace on. She's got some lace. Lace is very popular in the Haunted Doll World.
Speaker 1: Absolutely you need lace. Lace is almost like the textile version of a dream catcher. Okay, that is why lace is popular. It's catching your thoughts, it's catching your imagery. Now let me tell you now I'm looking through my fingers.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 3: Very upsetting to me, and part of what it is.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Sonya she is she has redish hair, almost auburn, let's say, not a fiery red, right. Her eyes are closed and she has a little smile, and I think that's what's scaring me. What's scaring me is also because it's like her smile, it's like a little bit it's a tight smile, so it's like a full cheek. She almost looks like she looks like she could be forty seven, but she is meant to be a child doll, right.
Speaker 2: And it can be kind of difficult sometimes with dolls. I never really thought much about dolls, but ever since I became obsessed with looking at pictures of dolls on eBay, there's a lot of what I call grandma babies, where I don't know if it's a grandma or if it's a baby. It's a very fine line.
Speaker 1: She has very light light eyebrows, which you know, also is off putting to me. And then it looks like she has almost a Harry Potter scar on her forehead.
Speaker 2: Scar. It's kind of Valerie cherish, I feel. From the comeback, I'm going to read to you about Sonya because the best part of these is that they come with pretty detailed backstories, so that you know before you buy Sonia, which you're getting yourself into. So it says with asterisks at the top, it says, this is a repost because the person who won the first bid never paid, so please don't flip out on me. Here it says I have been calling the spirit Sonya. However, she isn't very communicative. I've had difficulty getting her to communicate, even with my pendulum or with tarot cards. However, she does sometimes answer questions. She also often flickers my lights. I discovered that she also has taste in TV shows. She didn't she didn't like Frasier, which I had played in the background while I cleaned. She turned the TV off over and over until I gave up and started watching Parks and Recreation instead.
Speaker 3: Apparently that was okay.
Speaker 2: Because of her lack of communication, I don't know much about her background. I get the sense that she isn't human. However, I wouldn't quote me on that. Sometimes I get weird picture flashes of her being mistreated in her current form and vessel. However, I'm not sure if those are real or if she is confused. If she is confused what the actual vessel is about thirteen inches tall and her arms are about ten inches. She has some marks and a stain on her skin and dress. I don't like it being called skin.
Speaker 1: It's not scin though it's not skinned.
Speaker 2: Her body is soft, but the rest is porcelain. She is in a permanent kneeling position. Her hair is a little frizzy and might benefit from someone who can fix it. Also, her hair seems to be coming unglued. If you're looking to solve a mystery or for a unique spirit, I recommend checking out Sonya.
Speaker 3: What Okay, I have a question about this entire thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, who is the.
Speaker 3: Who is the buyer for this? You're saying you look or wherever?
Speaker 1: But like if you believe spirit's are real, Like I get that part, but like, why would you want one in the house?
Speaker 2: So I'm saying honestly, sometimes these sound like a roommate if you live alone, particularly like when I was thinking during Lockdown, if you're alone and you're like, I would just wish I could watch TV with somebody, you know, I wish that I could.
Speaker 3: You would just like put Sonia next to you and hopes she didn't change the channel.
Speaker 2: Yes, don't put on Fraser because I mean, fuck Kelsey Grammar exactly. Yeah, we don't want Fraser. So Sonya's got good. It does say she has taste in TV.
Speaker 3: Shows, Yeah, taste. Yeah, But I.
Speaker 2: Imagine maybe this person bought her during the pandemic and they're like, she's not talking. Okay, I thought I was gonna get a friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I bring all this up because I was wondering if I was to buy you, Sonya, would house.
Speaker 1: Son absolutely not. You would be dead to me. I'm gonna tell you why, because.
Speaker 2: When Sonya's sister, if I'm dead, I'm.
Speaker 3: Being haunted by you. I've been haunted by you.
Speaker 1: My problem is. Okay, so a very formative film for me as a child, which is the problem. I saw at age six in the theaters Child's Play, and that terrified me, like to the point now you know there's like a TV show whatever, like I can't look at.
Speaker 3: Chucky and without like it's just like it is scary to me. And my cousin's when I was growing up, I had a doll with me and my so me and my cousin.
Speaker 1: She has three older brothers, but she and I were six months apart, so we were always friends and we would like the adults would like get us the same stuff.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 1: So we both have these dolls named Susie Scribbles. You would put a cassette tape in Susie, and she would like say stuff and she would like, you know right, you know a little like automated fing or whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh that's creepy, that has some potential to be some Well, okay.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what happened.
Speaker 1: So one day my cousin hurled your brothers, who you know, loved to be mean. They were like, Naomi, come here, Susie has something to tell you, and they turned her on, and I guess again, she used she required cassette tapes, so they had obviously done something because they turned her on, and she goes, Hi, Naomi, I'm Susie Chucky's sister, wanna play? I screamed, cried, locked myself in the bathroom until an adult came home. I was convinced she was gonna kill me and come for me.
Speaker 2: But wait, and even they programmed her to say that, yeah.
Speaker 1: They pretty much say recorded over a cassette okay, and then put that tape in the doll.
Speaker 2: Oh that's mean.
Speaker 1: It was terrifying. And so for me, like I am scared of dolls, I do think dolls are scary and creepy. Like even even Sonya, who you showed me like her eyes were closed like just their expressions and even with closed eyes, because normally for me what freaks me out.
Speaker 3: Is the bright the wide open eyes. It's like what are you staring at?
Speaker 1: But just like there's something about them, you know, and they're almost always Caucasian, which can never be trusted, and they're just like so scary.
Speaker 3: So the idea of like, oh, just like thinking of a doll in the way it's like.
Speaker 1: Looking at you, like if you have a Sonya and like you put Sonya what like on a mantle on a shelf. She's you gotta watch your back, is what I'm saying. You gotta watch your back if you got one of these damn dolls in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Well you make a good argument. I'm not gonna buy it for you. I just wanted to be, you know, a gracious host.
Speaker 1: Well do you have one?
Speaker 3: Do you have a hunted doll?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: God, Naomi, who do you think I am? I would never have something like that house. Hey, you want to hear some ghost voices?
Speaker 1: I think so. I think so.
Speaker 2: It's far evp or ev pase have you ever heard the term evp?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: What's it meaning?
Speaker 2: Well, those ghost shows that you don't watch they do a thing called it's well, it's a thing called EVP, which is electronic voice phenomena. So it's basically anytime a ghost is recorded speaking.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Now, my other favorite place besides eBay is YouTube, and on YouTube you will find thousands of people's EVPs and I found two of them for us today. And I would love if you could tell me what you think this ghost is saying, and then we'll guess, and I'll give you some options that are what the actual ghost hunter believes they got it. Okay, so this was posted by Anthony Anderson. What from Blackish?
Speaker 1: I know? Is it the actor? No?
Speaker 2: Actually, I have found this guy's EVPs before. He has some good ones. I as far as I know, it is not the same Anthy, but don't quote me on it. It could be. It was recorded in his bedroom while he was sleeping, and this was in twenty eleven, so there is a little bit of twenty eleven quality here when it comes to the audio capture. But tell me what you hear this ghost saying?
Speaker 1: What? What?
Speaker 2: Let me play it again?
Speaker 1: That is not a ghost's police.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you have any guesses? Can you give me a guess of any sort, I'll play it one more time.
Speaker 1: Okay. So at best, what I think is this is the ghost of a Kathy cartoon, because all I'm hearing is.
Speaker 2: Act the ghost of a Kathy cartoon.
Speaker 1: That's all I can hear.
Speaker 2: No, I'm picturing the Kathy cartoon haunting Anthony Anderson, comedic actor. Okay, Now, Anthony Anderson did not think that it was the ghost of a Kathy cartoon, saying act Okay, one of these is the correct answer. Is it A I want you bad boo? Is it B I'm in a bad mood? Is it C I need the bathroom? Or is it D just like someone doing a real bad beatboxing attempt, Like Okay, let me play it again. It's one of those options.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think it's bad beatboxing.
Speaker 2: It really does sound like beatboxing, Like it sounds like the next part would have been that.
Speaker 1: Like that that move.
Speaker 2: You know, they believe it's I'm in a bad mood. I'm in a bad mood.
Speaker 1: Wow? See this?
Speaker 3: Why can't watch these programs?
Speaker 1: Because that don't sound like nothing to me?
Speaker 2: Rush, Okay, well you're gonna change your mind about this stuff with this next one.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I'm ready, my heart is still open.
Speaker 2: This was posted by Gargoyle six y six one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah boy g sixty six one, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Gargoyle sixty six one recorded this at the Silver Queen Mine Road. Oh, this one's very different. There's no beats to this one. This is like a whisper. Okay, that's scary.
Speaker 1: Ah wow, An, I guess there. I'm hearing like no one, but I'm like, that's not it. It's like more of a phrase. But I'm like hearing like no, what or something.
Speaker 2: Well, let me give you some options, Okay, give me is it a wait? What is it? B? Give me water? Is it C? I don't want to?
Speaker 1: Or D.
Speaker 2: Barbara Walters, Okay.
Speaker 3: Here it is, Okay, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: It is I. I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't want.
Speaker 1: Scary.
Speaker 2: Right, let me pay it again.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was scary. All right, Let's do one last thing here. I'm just gonna say a bunch of paranormal, unexplainable things, and I just want to hear if you have any thoughts on it, if you have any experiences locked away deep in your brain. This is my favorite one to ask people about. I think Bigfoot where.
Speaker 3: Yet I do not think. Look, I grew up in the city, so I don't know nothing about no creatures.
Speaker 2: Right, So you grew up in literally New York City.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, so you know. The only bigfoot I know is the person stomping upstairs, you know what I mean, the neighbor upstairs the apartment. Okay, that's as far as I know a big I don't think bigfoot is real.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 1: There are too many actual animals that just like can stand upright, And I think people were like, look, and I'm telling you this is someone who liked the movie Harry and the Henderson's. Okay, when I was a child, I loved it. I thought Wow, I was like, stay be part of the family.
Speaker 3: This is beautiful.
Speaker 1: So it's not like I am against a bigfoot. I just really like, what proof do we have that there's a bigfoot? That could just be somebody with like a Lebron's size shoe walking in the woods and then you see a big brown bear.
Speaker 2: But what about the shaky videos that people take.
Speaker 1: You mean, the blurry videos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's proof.
Speaker 1: That's proof that something was in the shadows and if it correct me, if I'm wrong, isn't the forest all shadows? The wilderness is just all shadows, trees and shadows.
Speaker 2: I don't go in the woods, so I have no clue.
Speaker 1: Would never, would never.
Speaker 2: Woods to me are scarier than anything else. Maybe the ocean, but oh.
Speaker 1: My god, I was gonna say that.
Speaker 3: I was like, woods, you know, and you know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's to me, it is I'm afraid of a limitless expanse, the idea that if you look out in any direction you can't see anything but that, right, Like when you're on the water and you look out and you're like, where is the land?
Speaker 3: Where is you're right?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: And then also when you're in the forest and you turn, you like look around and it's like all I see is tree, Right. That's terrifying to me because it's almost like you're like not on the planet, you know what I mean, Like you're almost in like a Bermuda triangle type situation.
Speaker 2: Oh that's scary, Naomi wait growing up in New York. I was recently just talking to somebody on this podcast about this that New York it's so weird because it must be so haunted but like I on this show have not here heard a ton of ghost stories in New York City? Do you Did you ever know of any growing up or anything like that?
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: It was like don't don't go in that building, there's a ghost.
Speaker 1: No, there was like nothing like that. I think because New York is so densely populated. My theory is that it's really easy to be a ghost in New York and just like go unattended, like no one will notice you, right, because it's like you may think you hear something, but then very quickly you're like, oh, the radiator is leaking, right, Like there's so much going on that I think if you're a ghost, you could just ghost it up and you're never going to be exercised.
Speaker 3: You're never gonna be saged, like people don't know your things.
Speaker 2: When people are just like in their own world, like they're they might not be looking around at every single human that they see because there's just so many humans.
Speaker 1: Because think about the real when I think of ghosts, you know, a big thing I think about like New England and you know these movies like the Haunting of Hill House, these are large, empty kind of like either old empty houses or just like tiny towns, or like the houses you know the nearest neighbor is a half mile away or whatever, the kind of settings where it's like easy to pick up on noise and be like something is a miss. You know.
Speaker 2: It's which reminds me. Do you know do you know about the Conjuring the Conz Did you ever see the movie?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Too scary?
Speaker 2: It is scary. So this house, it's a real house. It's a real case. And it just sold for one point five million dollars why And it's in Rhode Island, just sort of in the middle of nowhere. It's surrounded by trees, of course, and it was sold in twenty nineteen for four thousand or sorry, four hundred and thirty nine thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: What what are you telling me? How did people just because of the movie?
Speaker 2: Well, no, because the movie was already out when they bought it for four hundred and thirty nine It the people that moved in were ghost hunters, and they started charging people to come in and stay overnight, and they turned it into a business. And so when they put it on the market, there was actually a bidding war and it ended up going to somebody for one point five million dollars. That's insane, and the woman that bought it is thinking about turning it into like an event venue. So I don't know, would you ever consider staying in the world's most haunted house doing an event there?
Speaker 1: For some A wedding, Well, I was gonna say, I'm like, what about a wedding. I was like a new wedding location, wedding, let's see you're getting married and a haunted.
Speaker 2: Yes, what about past lives?
Speaker 1: Hmm, this is a tricky one. This is a tricky one. I think when you go, you go, You're gone.
Speaker 2: That's it, and that's it. I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're coming back.
Speaker 2: What do you think a ghost is?
Speaker 1: A ghost is somebody who died and then was just like either I like causing trouble, I'm bored, you know what I mean? Like just like on the spiritual plane and said I want to stay here. A ghost isn't like somebody. It's not like a return. It's like somebody who was like I don't feel like leaving right, It's.
Speaker 2: Like you got to go. I don't want It's like those ladies that get dragged off of airplanes for not wearing.
Speaker 1: Ma'am.
Speaker 2: We need you to go. I have my rights. I own this house, ma'am.
Speaker 3: I pay for this house.
Speaker 1: This is my I pay for it.
Speaker 2: We need you out, well, Naomi, it's time to wrap it up. However, Naomi, thank you for doing those.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for having me on. I hope I wasn't too skeptical.
Speaker 2: Now it's for yours. I think you're great. Tell people where they can find you, the pod, the special, all of it, the TV show.
Speaker 1: Come visit me. You can see my half hour special on Netflix, season three of the Stand Ups.
Speaker 3: That is right there on Netflix.
Speaker 1: You can listen to my podcast Couples Therapy, which Roz has been on, as well as my podcast I Love a Lifetime Movie and that is a podcast where yes we recap Lifetime movies.
Speaker 3: All right, So it is what it is and you better just get on board. And also June seventh.
Speaker 1: Starting June seventh, you'll be able to see a new five minute that I did on Netflix on That's My Time with David Letterman.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh my god, Naomi, and you made time for me. I'm honored.
Speaker 3: No better way to spend today.
Speaker 2: Thank you to the lovely, hilarious Naomi Eggparagan. Make sure you got to patreon dot com slash rosdres Fales link and description for a weekly podcast This Week of me talking about paranormal stuff on my own and a weekly video. Please subscribe and tell your friends I want ghost stories. Send me ghost stories ghosted by Ros at gmail dot com. You can send them. We have a Facebook group called Ghosted by Roz Hernandez and or you can leave in a five star review and tell your friends about the show. I'm on Instagram at Roz Hernandez, TikTok and Twitter, her is at It's Ra's Hernandez. And I love you. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Okay back. Star Beans a podcast network