Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome to the Buck Brief. Chadwick More joins on this episode. He is the author of the excellent authorized biography Tucker, about our friend Tucker Carlson. He is also a writer on a whole range of things Chadwick Moore dot Com and writes for the Spectator Chad Good to see.
Speaker 3: It, Hey, Gret you with you? Buck?
Speaker 2: Did COVID make people uncivilized barbarians in public? That's not quite how you put it in your article on this one, but I gotta say I like where your head's at on it. I think people have turned into barbarous savages when it comes to the way they act in public.
Speaker 3: What say you, sir?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I agree. I've just been noticing it everywhere and in the tiniest ways. I mean, even if it's just you know, waiters being so rude and impersonal and snotty to people or clerks or anyone. I mean, those are minor examples, and you know, I thought maybe it was just me. I'm like, am I getting soft? I've lived in New York and I've been spending a lot of time down south, and I'm like, maybe I'm just getting soft, Maybe I'm just comparing it. Until I started asking people around me, you know, friends and whatnot, and they all agreed, They're like, yes, I've definitely noticed that people are just being more badly behaved and more and ruder to each other. And most people seem to think that it is a sort of long COVID psychopathy or gorephobia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you wrote this piece in the New York Post, why is everyone in NYC?
Speaker 3: So rude?
Speaker 2: And I think that in a lot of cities that I've spent time and now, I've noticed that there's an increased rudeness. But I also think that here's a part of the theory. One is COVID did a lot of psychological damage to people that they still don't really and not the virus, the stuff that they made us all do, where we were treating each other as like vectors of disease and policing each other and it really turned us all into like the Stazi against each other in this country. I think that that's German secret police, German secret police for anybody who doesn't know the reference, who had a vast surveillance state and all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: I think that's part of it.
Speaker 2: And then I also look at the deterioration when it comes to quality of life crimes and quality of life issues. And you mentioned marijuana smoke. I was just in New York City. Can't go outside my little four year old nephew, can't take him for a walk with my with my sister and her husband without just just clouds of weed smoke, like completely inundating us. This is not the way people should be living their lives.
Speaker 1: It's not I mean, the whole city is just weed smoke. You're right, And at every storefront is a weed shop. Every It's it's absolutely ridiculous, you know. I think you're right. And I think that another symptom of COVID was, you know, especially in these sort of tutalitarian democrat fiefdoms like New York, where people were locked inside for a year or two and they just forgot how to behave you know, I don't think people really know how to treat one another anymore. They became so self absorbed. They did nothing but order things on Amazon and watch movies and live in these little fear bubbles. But you know, on top of that, I mean, look at the leadership we have in this country, and especially in Democrat cities. You have a leadership that goes out of its way to humiliate and demean its people. You know, the migrant crisis is the most obvious example of that, where you were giving billions of dollars to people who are committing asylum fraud. They're being treated better than vets, than American citizens and people on the dole. Here. On top of that, you got all this money going to foreign wars. You've got you know, the feedonal crisis. You go down the list, You've got bail reform, you've got squatters showing up and just laying claiming pople's homes. And you know, I think when you're that says to people is that your your leadership and your government clearly doesn't care about you.
Speaker 3: So why should anyone else?
Speaker 1: If the government can so openly treat you like garbage that they don't even mind if you notice, then what does that say about how you're supposed to treat your fellow man. I think it also comes from from that, from you know, not just shock of the COVID and the mental problems that that created the people, but also in the way our government is treating people.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think so.
Speaker 2: I think that people are acting in a way that is very unkind to one another on a more regular basis. I also think that airline attendance after COVID, when they got to be like judge, jury and executioner for everybody in a flight because of masking policy, I think that they got not only did they get drunk with power. And I had some very ugly exchanges with airline attendants during that period because it was they weren't just enforcing rules, like they were clearly getting off on the sort of arbitrary power they had of like your mask has been down for too long, sir?
Speaker 3: Can you too long? It says?
Speaker 2: Who Like I'm allowed, I'm eating you know what I mean? Though, the whole thing was people forget this now, what an abuse? What just it was insane beyond words, what was going on with them? And I feel like they still kind of have a little bit of that, you know, there's still a little sense of like we uh, we still have the ability to throw people off the plane. So I've never been as you know, belligerent toward airline I shouldn't say belligerent, but I've never been as pessimistic about the manners of airline attendance formerly known as stewardess's as I am now. So I see it in a whole range of places.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Also in the service industry.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of service industry people got paid to be at home, and they were kind of they kind of feel like, why can't I just be paid to be at home all the time, Let's be honest. I've gotten that sense because they were the ones more than anybody else who were like immediately getting on that that COVID uh you know that COVID gravy train, if you will, of getting paid to be home. All those teachers, I know, because the teachers. Un there were others. But I think now it's like, yeah, I don't even want to be here. I can't tell you how many restaurants. I mean, obvious people are gonna send me. You always hate this too. Someone will send me like I work three jobs and I'm the nicest. I'm like, yeah, well, we're not talking about you, you know what I mean, Like, this is a general perception that's out there in Miami, I can tell you. In the service industry, the attitude is if you're at a restaurant and someone brings you food and it's an hour late.
Speaker 3: They're like, you're lucky you brought we brought you anything.
Speaker 1: It's you know, New York City has always been known for great restaurants, great service, but that I mean, that's where I've noticed it the most. Not just restaurants, I mean clerk's cashiers. I think you really nailed it. I think especially when you have a lot of young people in those professions. These are people who maybe came out of college, they never had a job. They're staying at home to get paid or paid to stay at home. I think you're right there. It's like this attitude of like bitterness and resentment that you have to go to work when you had it, when you're living on the dole for so long, sitting at home collecting a check. And you know, the service industry and this sort of this bio that people have lately for the customers, it's really incredible and it's it's unpleasant.
Speaker 3: You don't even want to.
Speaker 1: Go out to eat anymore.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about Gay Pride Month with my friend Chad, who well gay, is not the biggest Gay Pride Month fan out there.
Speaker 3: I think that's fair to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's pretty fair.
Speaker 2: I think it's fair to say because the whole corporatization of this and the mandatory month of genuflecting, I think it's a lot for people. So we want to get into this, we want to have this discussion. We'll get to it in one second. You know, I'm a firearms guy. I got a lot of guns at home. In fact, I got to talk to my wife. I got to get to Chad. You live in Brooklyn, so you're not allowed to have any guns really. I mean like theoretically you could, but like not really. I have to get a second gun safe. Now. I'm now at double gun safe territory. But that's in large part because of my friends at Barrack Creek Arsenal. I've now got my second, soon to be my third, Bear Creek Arsenal Firearm and I try to stay as up to speed and tactically proficient on these guns as I can. I go training on the weekends my brothers. I got a friend who's a former seal who puts us through a lot of the basics of training to make sure that we have decent skills. Your fire arms enthusiasts like I am, you got to check out Barrack Creek Arsenal. Accuracy, craftsmanship, durability, and price. Cannot beat those four when you put them together. When you come to Bear Creek Arsenal's website, you'll see for yourself wide range of premium calibers a fraction of the price of competitors.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I've got the Grizzly, which is my nine millimeter Bear Creek Arsenal pistol.
Speaker 3: It's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: I've got the BC fifteen which is their AR fifteen equivalent, and it can go toe to toe with the most expensive ars out there, and it's maybe fourth to fifth the price of them. Barcreekarsenal dot com that's the website you should go to. Make sure you use code buck to get ten percent off your first order Bearcreek Arsenal dot com slash buck. Use promo code buck for ten percent off your first order. All right, Chad is Pride Month, which starts in a little bit here, But everyone to ask you about it.
Speaker 3: Are are they going to approach some of it? A little differently.
Speaker 2: Last year was the first time I can remember that there was something of a pushback I wouldn't say a full on revolt, but a pushback against like, hey, Target has to have like a transgender section for kids during Pride Month or else.
Speaker 1: It really does feel that way, I mean, and I hope I'm right. I mean, it seems like we've hit in the last couple of years, especially last year, some sort of breaking point where it's just to become so obnoxious and so ridiculous. And then you know, not only do you have Pride Month, you then have thirty seven LGBTQAI plus holidays throughout the year, like the Trans Coming Out Day that trans remember and day that trans was a melody day, and it's so ridiculous that it doesn't seem like it can. It seems like we're taking a step back this year, hopefully, I mean probably for many reasons. First of all, I believe I saw the Target said they're scaling back there, you know, transgender baby onesies this year or whatever they sell during Pride Month. And you know, also there's just it's an election year, so you know, the Democrat Party has an interest in keeping their insanity a little under wraps to make it appear that their people are you know, rational, normal human beings, which of course they aren't. So that might help keep Pride month down, But there's so much exhaustion too. Not only that, you know, the far left sort of gender marchers. They're all on the Hamas train right now, so I think that might be taking a back seat to celebrating Pride. They're going to be, you know, maybe not marching, go to gay parties, but marching. Will there be Hamas and Palestine?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, will there be a lot of pro Hamas stuff in the gay Pride parade?
Speaker 1: Oh, there absolutely will be, especially in cities like New York. There will be the Queerest of Palestine. There'll be the Palestinian flags. You can count on that, which is, you know exactly how you know that these movements have nothing to do with the things they purport, like, you know, ending the war, protecting Palestinian lives. It's simply a big Marxist push dismantle Western civilization.
Speaker 2: I mean no understanding. Hamas not big on trans rights or gay rights for that matter. That that's my understanding.
Speaker 1: Heard, and you know, I believe I just saw that Joe Biden issued condolences for some murdered Iranian war.
Speaker 2: The president and secretary and the and the Foreign Secretary of Iran. President of Iran's like not as big of a deal as our president because the supreme leaders still you know, Kamani. But the helicopter crashed. People are saying maybe it was sabotage, right, I don't think the people who say that don't understand.
Speaker 3: You go to this part of the world.
Speaker 2: I mean, the the Iranians, you know, couldn't engineer their way for the most part out of a paper bag.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: All they've got a nuclear program. Yeah, I mean, you know, we we had our first nuclear test like one hundred years ago, you know what I'm saying. I mean, just you start to look at that, not quite a hundred, but you start to look at this stuff and you're like, the Iranians, Yeah, they're they're they're not lighting the world on fire with their ability to do well other than light the world on fire. They're not really good at very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they're big on rhetoric and not really that great at engineering. It seems like, yeah, well, well Biden, I issued condolence. This was death I mean, didn't this guy have some kind of edict out to kill kate people, had one of them beheaded and all this other stuff.
Speaker 3: Surprised at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Iran, the the Islamic Republic of Iran, you know, murders gays as a matter as a matter of course, But they buy the minutes. I think it was a state department officially express their condolences about this. You know, you start to get the sense that the left, which isn't even a really good term for them. I don't know, maybe we should talk more about how what we should call them, But the left really just supports anything that destroys civilization and all that is good. Like, if I show you a group that is really bad and they have any political support, it's going to be leftists. It's going to be uh Democrats who are making excuses for them in some way, you know, whether it's you know, serial killers or child molesters or hamas. If they're looking for a constituency that supports them in some way or tries to minimize the bad things they're doing, it's going to be a leftist. It's going to be some Marxist clown who's like, maybe they're not all bad.
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 1: Well, I think for the educatord, the ones who are educated in Marxist philosophy, it pick makes perfect sense. You know, this is how you dismantle the state to rebuild your communist utopia, so you have to do it instead of going through socialism. Read Well, they see that, but I mean, you know you can't. You can't talk about this without looking at the emotional and personal problems of these people. I mean, these people are extremely jealous and bitter human beings. They don't like people who have who they perceive as having more than them. They hate the society. They blame all of their problems on the outside world and never on themselves. So of course if they're unhappy with themselves, they're unhappy with their lives, then the problem is not them or the way they're living. It's the whole society that has all so many evils. And if you could just destroy this thing and rebuild it in a different way, then everything will be wonderful and happy. They believe in creating paradise on earth because obviously they're godless people. They don't really appreciate human nature. They don't study human nature. They don't understand they have any in respect for human nature, but all it's it's wonderful things and all of it's it's evil, all of its evil tendencies as well. They want to play god.
Speaker 2: It certainly seems to be the case, Chadwick. I want to come back and see what your political thoughts are, because you're a very stud observer of that scene as well.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that in just a second.
Speaker 2: This is a personal one for me because other than my dad, they're there's nobody who has had a more profound impact on my view of the economy and of the markets than Porter Stansbury. And for the last twenty five years he has predicted almost every major economic and financial move ups and downs of the market. He exposed the corruption at the heart of a major American auto automobile company, and he warned the collapse of major lenders and predicted the two thousand and eight financial crisis. Now he might be saying, why am I telling you about this? Well, because he's just released a new documentary with his biggest prediction to date. Legendary economist Porter Stansbury is going to detail for you how a new financial crisis is brewing in America and the dangers opposes to your finances if you own stocks, bonds, or have cash in the bank, you want to watch this documentary before it's too late. Watch it for free at Last Election plot dot com. That's Last Election Plot dot com paid for by Porter and Company, Chad. It feels like it feels like Biden can't lose. But we know, I'm sorry, Biden can't win. But we know that there's the very present possibility of massive disappointment somehow, no matter what the polls tell us. How do you see twenty twenty four shaping up right now?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I mean, I hate to say this, but it and I have these conversations with people all the time and they say the same thing as the Democrats seem to calm. They don't seem freaked out enough. I feel like they've got something up their sleeve. I mean, I don't see how he can't I don't see how Biden can win, But I also don't see how they're going to allow Trump to win, you know what I mean. And now they're all terrified that He's gonna have them investigated for corruption and racketeering and everything else that went into his own persecution, which honestly, I doubt you will. I don't think Trump's a very vengeful guy, unfortunately. I think that obviously everyone who has engineered this law fair lawfair against him should certainly get what they dished out times ten. I think that's the only appropriate response. But I don't think Trump is actually, if and when he gets elected president, going to seek much revenge Sally. I don't think he has a bone in his body that.
Speaker 2: By the way, he won't. The people that are talking about were going for and everything. I know that's that gets some of the base excited. But Trump will, if anything, he'll be I think more moderate in his second term than he was in the first. And that's why when he talks about and look, I'm I want the guy to win and voting for him. I mean, I'm all full throttle behind him beating Joe Biden. But I worry about even his willingness to stick to deporting millions of illegals in the country, because I remember what happened with the kids in cages stuff, and they really hammered the administration on that one, and they walk back from the whole thing. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the deportation optics. The media is salivating looking for those optics of men coming in and taking families from our homes. But I mean, at the same vein though you don't it would be wonderful to master to port all those people, but you don't even need to. I mean, you can do a few simple things for them to self deport if you start very aggressively finding businesses a higher I llegals like uber and even mom and pop businesses. The find doesn't even have to be big, a couple thousand dollars, but really aggressively find those businesses. Cut off all social services, all welfare services to the illegals, clamped on in the NGOs they're aiding this obviously increased security at the border. I mean, these people will self deport. They've done it before. I mean, surprisingly enough, it happened under Obama. I believe I can remember his first term or second term, but you had a net migration in the other direction over the border because he was clamping down on these freebies that immigrants were getting. Illegal immigrants were getting. So I think if you pass policies along those lines, people will self deport. I don't think you necessarily even need to go through what the media wants, those optics of tracking everyone down, although that would be wonderful and obviously an important part.
Speaker 3: Of the program.
Speaker 2: Chadwick Moore, everybody go follow him at chadwickmore dot com. And if you don't have his book on Tuck Carlson, go get it. It's called Tucker, so it's easy to remember Chad.
Speaker 3: Always good to see you, thanks man. Great to see you too, Thanks so much.