Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star and Frisco.
Speaker 3: Today is Thursday, March twenty first, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: And wait for it, there are now thirty days away from the NFL Draft in Detroit, Michigan. We are down to day thirty is two minus thirty days. That's what we've got.
Speaker 5: That doesn't sound right. It doesn't sound right, but that's what it says.
Speaker 2: Right here.
Speaker 5: It would have happened away. It's probably thirty five.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking a week ahead, guys, back show, messed.
Speaker 5: Up the day. I'm just gonna leave. Can we restart?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 5: All right, here we go Thursday, March twenty first.
Speaker 3: We are thirty five days away from the NFL scatter. It was a round number. I was thinking five.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, hey, this is this is probably one of my favorite weeks of the year. Like right through here, you're getting all the pro days out of the way, You're being able to see these guys in their natural environment. But also it's March bad this week, and it's just one of my favorites of the year. And I have to pass the LSU fans who are left a little bit of praise because you and t beat them in the n tournament.
Speaker 5: So you know, baby, the calls over here, we got to give you, We got to give you that.
Speaker 2: No, no, and you know what, and I'm always I'm totally okay with that. As long as you went to the school, paid your money, and got your degree, you can say anything to me that's fair.
Speaker 5: About it was great. I loved it.
Speaker 8: I was watching it all night, couldn't get away from the game. I did not go to North Texas though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, I will take your two grief. I will not take it.
Speaker 8: I wore your LSU jersey and took a picture in it with horn down.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's amazing. That was amazing. Yeah, that was fun. At least you didn't have my jersey on at the National Championship game and wanted to fight everybody from Clemson like David Helman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's a helmet, David.
Speaker 2: David stood up in our row and on his chair and took on the whole state of South Carolina with my nineteen eighty five Sugar Bowl Jersey on. He paid his money though he can do Yeah, paid his money, but he wanted I go, David, we might be able to take three of them.
Speaker 9: We're not going to take the whole state.
Speaker 5: Whoever steps up first, they're gonna hurt.
Speaker 2: But then we'll actually that we're probably We're probably too.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 4: Helman always tweets out like the goofy Tiger pictures when over LSU does something big, so I'd sent him.
Speaker 3: A goofy eagle.
Speaker 4: It's not as fun because they don't have like the boopable nose like up front.
Speaker 3: They don't have like the tiger nose. Congratulates.
Speaker 2: Well we could.
Speaker 5: It was fun.
Speaker 4: The women play in the wb I T tonight against TCUs, a little town hometown rivalry.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 4: Let's talk some football because, like you said, not only is it March madd this week and you got your brackets filled out, but you also have pro days. And Nick Harris made a little trip down the Central Texas to the Hill Country to take a look at some Texas longhorns.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thirteen of the draft eligible longhorns down participating in the Pro Day yesterday in Austin.
Speaker 5: It was good stuff.
Speaker 7: Most of the guys did not test, and it makes sense whenever you look at all those guys and how they performed at the combine, you know, why would they test at jail and Ford, the linebacker who you know is projected probably early day three. He's starting to see his stock rise quite a bit. I think after yesterday's Pro Day, scouts were buzzing about him. He did compete in all the testing. He did everything at the Prota yesterday. It looked really good in drills. I was even able to catch up with him for about thirty minutes after just kind of in the facility and just kind of catching up on.
Speaker 5: His draft process. And he's been working in Arizona.
Speaker 7: He's living in one of those houses that those those guys they'll go train at and live in for you know, two three months. And he was even living in a house that Odell had bought out at one time. So he's been able to be around some NFL guys, Ebo Samuels come through, So it's been really cool for Jalen Ford. He played just here at the Ford Center at Frisco Lone star in high school and committed to Texas on the last day of the signing period as a as a recruit and then had a huge career at Texas and one of their guys in the middle of that defense who really commanded everything, really versatile, but he's also got a knack for the ball. He always finds a way to get to the ball. He had led the team in interceptions as a junior and he was able to back that up as a senior. Beam firing up the highlights, let's go be But yeah, he looked really good yesterday Byron Murphy was doing a little bit of agility drills and my goodness, he moves so well for his size. He's just swole like a tick, but man, he can get after it. He can really move around. And then something that was really fun yesterday, and I know it's I know it's looking forward and looking ahead, but I think it's really important to talk about was the fact that Quinn Ewers, the quarterback for Texas who will be going back to Texas for another year. He threw in front of scouts to Xavier Worthy at a nin Mitchell Jatavian Sanders, Jordan Whittington, Key Robinson and he looked really good, only missed one pass to the left. I was trying to get as many scouts opinions anonymously as possible, and most of the guys were saying he looked really good. It's about those endgame jitters. I think with Quinn Yewers, we'll be talking about him as a top ten pick next year.
Speaker 10: Though.
Speaker 7: I'm fairly confident in that if he can just build a little bit more confidence and get more confident and being in an offense like that, he'll be just fine. But he looked really good yesterday and a shortsened T shirt and then xavier' worthy Adenni Mitchell Man. The speed that those two guys have, My goodness, it was on display yesterday for sure.
Speaker 2: Nick. How many did you get a kind of a feel about, like when you started talking about Ford the number of teams working him out? You know, I know we're kind of hunting linebackers here. If you're a Dallas Cowboy fan, did you get a feeling like, Okay, it was a Buccaneers coach, it was I mean, was there a lot of coaches there to see guys like that?
Speaker 9: I know it was a big protect Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 7: It was funny you say Buccaneers, Buccaneers Texans. They were working with him in drills and things of that nature. Ryan Watts was also the safety that theb I think he's safety. He played corner at Texas. He was working out with the Texans as well. So the Texans were pretty active yesterday. Their GM Nick Cassario was there. They had there was three head coaches there, Zach Taylor from the Bengals, Gosh, Mike McDaniel from the Dolphins, and then the Colts head coach. What's his name, come on, SI there it is Steichen, So yeah, three head coaches. I was talking with one of the Texas personnel guys yesterday and they were like, we've never had a Pro day like this. Ninety six scouts in attendance, three head coaches. Cowboys were represented by offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, so he was definitely taking a look at Jonathan Brooks, who didn't participate. Obviously he's still dealing with the ACL but he was still able to talk to scouts and chop it up with them. He's taking a thirty visit to the Cowboys as well, so that'll be really interesting to see as time goes on, and man, that was just making a little bit more sense with every day that passes by.
Speaker 9: So did you get a chance to visit with him at all?
Speaker 11: I did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, give you any timetable of how the procedures coming along?
Speaker 9: Yeah, is it training camp or how's that house?
Speaker 2: Ye looking?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So he's still expected to be ready by training camp for whatever team drafts him. It was a clean tear, and it was it was probably about as great quote unquote as a aclchair could be because he was the swelling went down rather quick. He was able to have surgery quicker as a result, and since it was a clean tear, there wasn't any structural damage or anything like that. So he's gonna be able to get back on the field a little bit quicker. But yeah, he should be ready in time for training camp. I think with whatever team does draft him, and let's say it is Dallas, they're gonna air on the side of caution because that is a really talented running back who uses his body as part of his style, as part of his running style, and you want to be able to use one hundred percent of that body whenever he does return to the field. So as long as people air on the side of caution early on with him, I think he'll be just fine as a rookie.
Speaker 2: Did you get any feeling from like with Sweat, like talking to scouts that maybe he's a first round guy or I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 12: I was That's what my question was going to be, because you talked about some guys just feeling like they didn't need to have their pro day.
Speaker 13: It doesn't sound like Sweat did anything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, didn't do a whole lot at all, now that I think about it. I don't think he did anything now that I think about it.
Speaker 12: And then yeah, and I would argue that he was one of the guys that when you're watching him at the combine, I think some people thought that maybe he could, Yeah, he maybe needed that PROTA to maybe raise his stock a little bit more. I mean, it wasn't a bad performance from him. I think people just expected more from him. So I wanted to ask you that, but Brian bid me to it.
Speaker 2: The scout.
Speaker 7: His size is always going to be intriguing for scouts and anything that wants to draft him. I think more so it's about putting it together off the field and putting everything together as far as applying himself one hundred percent to football, And I think if he can be able to do that, then I think he's going to be a really talented pro. But I think there's going to be a little bit of a lapse there in the draft process that'll force him to go in the second round. But I think he is a firm second round pick. Whereas you know, going into the draft process, we were kind of wondering where on Day two it definitely would be. But I think he goes before pick fifty.
Speaker 2: You've had an advantage with us real quick. You've been able to see him physically not a sloppy guy. I mean just everything about him put together well and all that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's not sloppy at all. I mean his size looks good for a defensive tackle. I mean he's a big boy.
Speaker 5: Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 7: He's a refrigerator and he's got he's got a little bit of a muscle in him too. But I mean, goodness, you look back to when he came arrived at Texas, he was two fifty to airing on the side of two forty gain one and twenty pounds over the course of four years.
Speaker 2: I could do that.
Speaker 3: That sounds like me.
Speaker 7: They can think about also playing playing football and going through conditioning over the course of four years. And strength and conditioning program at Texas under Tory Becton that is really rigorous.
Speaker 5: So it forces big.
Speaker 7: Guys to lose weight at times and then they got to kind of bulk them up. They do a really good job in their strength and conditioning program. But for Sweat, it was really impressive to see him add all that weight and then in his final fifth year being able to really come into his own as a player as well and being able to use that weight as a leverage.
Speaker 5: It's really impressive.
Speaker 7: A couple other notes I want to touch on on the Texas PROTA and we can move on offensive tackle Christian Jones. Cowboys were looking at him closely. You know, that's that's a guy who's early day three, late day two. We'll kind of see where he falls. I think he's gonna end up in the fourth. But forty five games of experience. We've talked about him on the show. He's played at right tackle, he's played at left tackle. Guy's got a ton of experience. He has a high floor.
Speaker 9: Of Brian, Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 7: But I think he is a product that you can bring in you know what you're going to get out of him. I think he's going to be a really good depth offensive lineman at the next level. But I think with his experience, he could eventually have the ceiling to be a starter or wherever he does land. And then last note, Jatavian Sanders to tight end, we're talking about him as a top three tight end in this class. Didn't look as fluid as he may have may have could have been that I've seen in the past from him in route running and just kind of getting out in the open field. It takes a lot of steps in between breaks and things of that nature. But you know, the more I started to think on it and understand his style of tight end play, he's a physical receiver and he's going to use that body to be able to, you know, shut a shed guys off of him. And he's got the strongest hands I think in this class. Whenever you could throw a ball up to him, he's going to bring it down somehow. So I think there's a little bit of positivity that you could take out of that. But I'm starting to worry a little bit about if he can consistently get open at the next level. You know, when a guy can match his size and can match his physicality, what can he do to create separation? And I think that's probably where he's gonna find a little bit of a you know, rookie hesitance, and that's probably something he's gonna have to work on. But I still think he's a firm second round guy.
Speaker 4: Lots of good notes coming out of Texas As.
Speaker 2: Did you get one more?
Speaker 9: You get when you just go catch one more?
Speaker 5: Let's go?
Speaker 9: It's worthy? Really that small.
Speaker 7: Uh one sixty five I test yesterday. I put him in about one seventy, so probably in that same range. Yeah, he's he's frail, and you look back at Texas last year and he had to come out of games multiple times, three to four times. Off the top of my head, Oklahoma for sure, Texas Tech for sure. I think he came off once during the playoff game as well against Washington.
Speaker 5: That worries you.
Speaker 7: It definitely does, because if you're getting banged up at three times in a season where you're having to come off the field and then reinserted back in and those one I think it was the Texas Tech game where they were carrying him off the field and like, well they just lost Xavier Worthy for the playoffs.
Speaker 5: They ended up bouncing back. But I worry about the size a little bit.
Speaker 2: Ideah, okay, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Lots to look forward to, though, because there's legitimate what is that three players that the Cowboys are looking at that could possibly be drafted out of Texas? Maybe four if you throw in Chris Jones, Jonathan Brooks seven.
Speaker 5: I forgot about that Brooks, Yeah, you get. You look at the two look at the two receivers.
Speaker 7: Granted, I don't think they're going to take a receiver that high, but they met with those guys at the combine the two defensive tackles. I think Byron Murphy is starting to maybe slide into that twenty range. I think the defensive tackle, I think the defensive tackle value in this class it's starting to finally like settle around that twenty range. Because this man, it's been here and then it's been there. I think it's starting to be around that range. And you look at Jalen Ford, Christian Jones, Jonathan Brooks's a.
Speaker 2: Lot of backers they're hunting linebackers. Thats why we're hearing the bus about Ford, I believe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And every team I feel like in the NFL needs linebackers, especially this Cowboys team.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Let's play some fill in the blank. So Brian, you have this this second playing down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and maybe some Texas names will pop up in these you never know in these segments. But let's talk about filling the blank for Thursday. Let's talk about what you've got going on here.
Speaker 5: What's first?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first thing I want to talk to and Bobby, I'll start with you on this one.
Speaker 9: I'll get you.
Speaker 2: Involved in the programmer early. And these are questions I have, and I want you to fill in the blank with the player. Just give me a little short explanation if you can, no, none of a service short. We're all kind of long winded, me especially, it's very long winded. But I just want you to kind of tell me when I asked the question, fill in the blank with the player, and then give me a little reason why you think this.
Speaker 9: Okay, Bobby, I'll start with you.
Speaker 2: Bobby, I worry about this player going right before the Cowboys pick at twenty four, oh.
Speaker 8: Man, So like the easy answer there is obviously just to say they're preferred tackle or whoever that is to me. The guy that I'm curious about right now is we see Geiton and Mems and some of these guys who are right side only players, and if you're potentially looking at a left tackle hole here, you know.
Speaker 5: It would be pretty disappointing.
Speaker 8: If you got somebody like uh Fatanu from from watching, that would probably be the top one for me, just because.
Speaker 9: It kind of slid to you in that hGe Yeah, if.
Speaker 8: You got him down around that range, which there's no telling, I don't know how people are gonna talk about this. There's buzz out there now. People are wondering if Olu fashion who is gonna start sliding into the teens. I don't think there's any chance, but that's the kind of stuff that people start discussing there, and so that one would hurt for me. I just I think that there's so many offensive linemen here that you're gonna find something.
Speaker 5: You should be happy with.
Speaker 8: But if you got you know, Fatanu down to like your range where you wanted, that would be pretty disappointing to miss out on that.
Speaker 9: How about you, Nick?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Goshtan is a really good answer. I'm gonna try to go in a different direction. I'm gonna focus more on since Minnesota's picking at twenty three, I'm gonna focus on their needs and a guy that would kind of they would take in that in that in that spot that could, you know, maybe hurt the Cowboys, and which case I would go, goodness, Liotu Latsu. They need an edge, and you know, the Cowboys don't necessarily need an edge, but if they start seeing that name fall, we'll be talking about it on this show. You know, if it's twenty one, twenty two, he's still on the board, it's like, hey, you know, maybe maybe go ahead and take one.
Speaker 5: Here, go ahead and take this elite edge.
Speaker 7: You got two elite pass rushers that you can pair on opposite sides of each other.
Speaker 5: But maybe that's it.
Speaker 7: It wouldn't hurt in the grand scheme of things whenever needs come around, because then you could just take that tackle or take that center. It probably works out better for you in the long run, honestly, but there would definitely be some disappointed fans if Flyout two Latsu was picked at twenty three.
Speaker 4: Howbout you, Kyle, You got one yeah, I'll go a different direction. I'll go how about Graham Barton out of Duke, and there's a little bit of buzz for him to maybe slip into the back half of the first round at this point. The solid player, high floor like you were talking about earlier, and a guy that could plug and play at the center position, guard position, and he played a little bit of tackle as well. If you're looking at twenty one and twenty two, that's Miami and Philadelphia. Those two teams both need interior offensive lineman and they need it desperately. I'm worried that if Jackson powers Johnson, I think he's still probably gonna go pretty early. Then you've got Graham Barton in there as well twenty one or twenty two. He may not be a graded first round player, but we've seen it in the mid twenties the last couple of years that Dallas has been very good at taking their top player on their board in the second round, their highest graded second round player, and I think he would be in that same category. But if he slips right before them, I think that takes an option away from whatever you would try and do at that twenty fourth spot.
Speaker 2: How Yasha.
Speaker 12: So listen, I might sound like a hater a little bit, but y'all just gonna have to let it be.
Speaker 13: I would worry about there being a.
Speaker 12: Run on tackle and you get there at twenty four and someone like Patrick Paul is there and they're like, Okay, I want to fill this tackle spot.
Speaker 13: This is the best guy on my board.
Speaker 12: I'm not a big fan of his day one availability and what he can do. I don't know how you guys feel about him, but I do think there is going to be a run on tackle and there might be some guys in that in between spot that you're just like, he's okay, but I'm not in love with the.
Speaker 3: Players settle on the guy mane.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Yeah, that's what I mean, especially with a lot of the urgency that you can kind of feel that they want to fill the tackle spot maybe, I mean, depending on how you talk about it. So I'm I'm worried about something like that happening where there's just a run on tackle and they're set on tackle and that's what they do instead of doing the better thing by getting an edge that you need as well, or one of these skilled player positions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's an interesting point too.
Speaker 7: Because whenever these tackles do start flying off the board, which I'm anticipating it's starting to happen really at about sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yes, if it's like, yeah, we're gonna have to sweat some If you're here for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 7: And I think if you're at twenty four there and your top four, top five guys are off the board, then you're in Barton's off the board.
Speaker 5: Jacks Powers Johnson is off the board.
Speaker 7: Do they just take a guy like a Patrick Paul or Kingsley suwea Mattia who they might be reaching on a little bit, but just to go ahead and grab one. Hey, we got this guy in hand. They better track back in that scenario. Yeah, but just go ahead and grab one, just to have it and then just call it a day in the.
Speaker 2: First Okay, here's my next question for you then, too, is if the Cowboys do trade back to say Baltimore's pick at thirty, I hope this guy is there.
Speaker 5: For them, Grand Barton.
Speaker 3: It's funny that it's the same answer as my first one.
Speaker 4: I'm worried that he's gonna go before the Cowboys, But then I'm worried.
Speaker 3: I can't probably do both right, because if.
Speaker 2: You're going to trade back, you're going.
Speaker 3: To anticipate him being there.
Speaker 2: I would say, let's say let's say Mims.
Speaker 4: Let's say he's falling and he's one of those guys that at thirty and.
Speaker 3: You're there with Baltimore, you want him to fall or.
Speaker 4: Maybe Tyler Geitton, maybe a back end tackle that you feel like maybe you could snag at thirty.
Speaker 3: Let's go with one of those two guys.
Speaker 5: You think, Bud, what's the phrase it? For me? Again?
Speaker 2: If the Cowboys trade back to Baltimore's spot at thirty, I hope this guy is there.
Speaker 3: Caleb Williams.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, because if you're trading back to thirty, that tells me your offensive lineman it didn't match up for you, or you feel confident that all right, we would take him there, but we feel confident they'll be there at thirty, so we can move back.
Speaker 5: Let's pick up some extra capital.
Speaker 8: We don't have that fourth round pick, so man, for me, I would hope one of the centers would still be there if there was a run on tackles like that, So Barton for me or Jackson powers Johnson, I would hope that they would be.
Speaker 7: There Jackson Powers Johnson is an interesting one because I think he's getting a lot of attention this week because it's depending how you guys feel about these experts out there and in this room. Mel Kiper has not included him either of his mock drafts, all three of them. Daniel Jeremiah is starting to slip him a little bit, So I wonder if there was something maybe at the combine that teams are starting to maybe have a little bit of hesitance on.
Speaker 5: But I mean, you cut on the film. The dude's a dog.
Speaker 7: I think he's safely a first round pick, but you wonder why that slip is happening. Maybe he's a guy that you're hoping is there at thirty if you trade back.
Speaker 4: It's one of those things you got to hop on the phone and try and figure out what's going on here over these next few weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, to me, there's a couple of things and the things that could kind of bring it into focus.
Speaker 9: And this is where the media.
Speaker 2: Scouts now have to start to catch up because the medical stuff.
Speaker 9: Is there something that we don't know about?
Speaker 2: Is there some type of pre existing injury that he's dealing with that now he played through, and now teams are like, well, wait a minute, this is a red flag for us. You know, we've seen it before with players, you know, all these kind of things because this is the first opportunity that you have to get any kind of medical information. So that's the one thing it does. I think it's very astute on your part to recognize with Kuiper, and then also too with what Daniel Jeremiah's doing that he's kind of dropped that you see him starting to drop, and you wonder if they know something.
Speaker 9: Is there something that he's dealing with right.
Speaker 8: Right now, which DJ did in the MACKI just put out like two days ago he put Jackson powers Johnson at twenty four to Dallas yea, and so he had mocked him there. It's just it was a slide from where he had had him going previously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he signed me up. I'll do it either way.
Speaker 2: You have somebody at thirty that you're kind of hoping would be there if you trade back this thing.
Speaker 12: So I go back and forth with this because rewatching Cooper BB, I've watched him a couple of times. I do think if people view him as I'm going to Obviously he can play guard. He's guard, but if people view him as, oh, I can just move him to center, I think that.
Speaker 13: In a way drops his value.
Speaker 12: Like obviously, I know that ciner is something that people want now, but I at the same time, I do think that that we've seen that position be drafted a little later. So for me, I'm wondering if the short arms and some of that stuff starts getting to people and maybe he slips because there is a run on tackle, there is a run on wide receivers and some of those guys, and maybe some of these guards get pushed to the end of things like that. If Cooper BB was there, I wouldn't mind it, because also too, a lot of people are having this conversation of a is Tyler gonna stay?
Speaker 13: Are you gonna kick Tyler to tackle and you just get a guard?
Speaker 12: Is that the more surefire thing to do because we've seen Tyler play tackle, you know what he's capable of. You bring in a guy that maybe can be insurance at guard, but then also to gonna battle for that center spot and make some noise in that room as well. So that's kind of how I felt about it.
Speaker 13: If that's not weird.
Speaker 2: No, No, Frasier's the guy for me too from West Virginia. I think if you got back to the thirty, he would be kind of a guy that would hold on another one too. That maybe and if I could circle back the guy that you might be there thirty that I like, And I don't know if he'll be they're not Cooper the linebacker from Texas A and M. But I'm starting to hear buzz. Yeah, I'm starting to hear buzz that he might be. You have to maybe go higher on him. I mean, a lot of people had him as like a second round guy. Scouts are saying the Cooper kid, and I think a lot has to do with what we're seeing with some of the health of some of the linebackers YEA in this group, and everybody's saying, well, Cooper might be a guy that gets moved up up around and so he might be a guy that might be taken ahead of you. If you're thinking, oh, we can move back and maybe get a guy like that, maybe he goes before you and now you're kind of like, darn, we.
Speaker 9: Just lost a guy.
Speaker 8: I think Cooper is solidly top forty right now. I like solidly, and if there's somebody who goes, we need linebacker help here, we need you know, I wouldn't be stunned if he were to go back into the first When do.
Speaker 13: You guys think the first linebacker goes whenever?
Speaker 5: He goes late first? Early second?
Speaker 13: Yeah, early second.
Speaker 12: So is there a linebacker that you guys I was at thirty besides him, besides him, outside of Edwin.
Speaker 13: Cooper the second year? Who is that linebacker you'll be okay with.
Speaker 9: I love Wilson. I love Wilson, and I know I'm dealing with medical.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if i'm if I'm there at thirty, I don't know if I could take Wilson over Frasier or another tackle. I don't know if I can do that.
Speaker 3: It's kind of where I'm at. I like Junior Colston for Michigan a lot.
Speaker 4: Colson specifically is a guy that I think could plug and play right now, but I'm not going to take him at thirty because I would have so many different prospects that I would like in that area.
Speaker 12: That's why I was asking. I was like, I wonder if there's at least maybe there's maybe two linebackers that are going to go in the first round of.
Speaker 2: Me if that got time for one more Brian Okay, media scout, Okay, we'll start with you on this one called then Okay, media scouts are not giving this guy enough credit. Somebody that you guys have that media scouts are not giving this guy enough credit as you watch your tape, as you make your evaluations, like they don't talk about this guy and they should be talking about this guy.
Speaker 4: So it can be just as simple as they're not having the conversations that they should be.
Speaker 2: Wherever you feel like that media scouts are missing on right.
Speaker 4: We've talked especially on this show, I don't know about outside of this show. We talked about Byron Murphy from Texas to Andandre Sweat from Texas, Chris Jenkins from Michigan, and Rouquet or Or from Clemson. We haven't talked a lot about Gjorjan Newton from Illinois.
Speaker 9: That's really like him.
Speaker 3: As a defensive tackle prospect. I put a first round grade on him.
Speaker 4: I think specifically his size is intriguing six foot two, three and four, but he moves so well, has some pass rush ability at seven and a half sacks last year, had pressures on a significant amount of his snaps. It felt like in the Big Ten, where he's playing against legitimate offensive line competition, he was in the backfield.
Speaker 3: Quite a bit as a defensive tackle.
Speaker 4: So I think there's a chance that he could slide into the first round. I put a first round grade on him, and if a team is hungry for a defensive tackle, he's a guy that I would look out for.
Speaker 7: Fun story about Newton he is there was I don't want to throw this name out becase I haven't talked him about it, but there is someone in this building who helped recruit Newton to Illinois, and I knew I knew that guy way back when. And I actually did Newton's commitment video bad Yeah, back in like the class of twenty twenty. It was like the night before signing day. He's like, hey, man, like this guy really just wants a commitment video. He's signing tomorrow. Can you just kind of throw something together for him? I was like, I can try, and it was the biggest piece of garbage in my opinion. You'd find it for me, man, Yeah, you tweeted out. I still have the text messages for managers on Newton talking about this commitment video. It's funny, but I like Newton too, and I think this was what I was thinking about yesterday and I was doing some defensive tackle work this past week, just trying to, you know, kind of get some stuff down. And he's one that I think just kind of got lost in the shuffle because you knew what you were getting. If he had come out last year, you were expecting him to be in that maybe second round, late first round range. He doesn't come out last year, Okay, well that means he's going to be a top ten, top fifteen pick going into next year. That's what you're thinking this time last year. And he continues to have that have that stock as the season goes on, really shows some impressive stuff both at three tech and one tech.
Speaker 5: They move him around.
Speaker 7: They were able to play him next to Keith Randolph, the other Illinois defensive tackle who I think is being slept on quite a bit as well. But as this draft process has gone on, you've seen Byron Murphy rise with this big Swoll frame, and you see to and Andre Sweat with a three hundred and sixty six pound frame, or ro has this big Clemson pedigree, but it's still Newton that you're not hearing as much about, which is what have maybe expected coming into the draft process.
Speaker 5: That's a really good one, Kyle.
Speaker 2: I like that, man, Bobby, you got one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, as this let me get clear to hear somebody would think media scouts are behind on from the rest of the league, or behind on from my perspective of how I viewed the player you're now I view the player brailing out.
Speaker 5: I think so every week, Yeah, we are. Braylen Allen. That's who I want.
Speaker 8: Braylen Allen to me is the second round running back I watched Brayleen Allen. That's James Connor to me, like, I see Connor like defadly when I watch him play, and so I think a lot of people I've seen Allan is feels like the ceiling for him with a lot of people is like third at Max. But like more people seem to him as like an early day three type of guy. But Braylen Allen, I think just the way that he runs with power and decisiveness, and the way that even with his size can slip through some of these you know, narrow spots.
Speaker 5: It's very reminiscent to me of Connor.
Speaker 4: I put Brian Robinson Jr. I like what his agility. He's got some some sideways lateral ability. He can put a foot in the ground and get upfield when he.
Speaker 5: I wish he locked better as a guy that big. That's kind of where what I've got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I us you got somebody, Yeah I do, all right.
Speaker 12: So it's a bit unorthodox, and I'm not saying that the media hasn't.
Speaker 13: I don't think they're talking about.
Speaker 12: Him because he is a bit of a wild card. We've talked about him before. D n E yabe ok from and he was he's from Charlotte, Yo.
Speaker 13: The talent on this guy.
Speaker 12: When I looked at the d ns in this in this class, I'm impressed by some of them, but it's very either or with so many of them, it's either they're fantastic as a past rusher, but baby, they don't want to set the edge or or you know, they're they're not set, they're not set in their legs and getting square things like that. And this guy, y'all. So the background is a little nuts. He was originally draft he was originally drafted to Alabama. He transferred to Houston. He's been he's been to. He's been to about four different schools, four or five different schools.
Speaker 13: And the guy is six three, two fifty three.
Speaker 12: Just this amazing athlete. The bend is there, the speed to power. I mean, he's willing to act, be active in the run, the run game. He was out of all the ends I've watched, he's the talent. He stands out so much to me. But I understand why people maybe wouldn't be talking about it because he is a wild card. I see this guy going somewhere whole, to a good program that can continue to He's he's changed his life, He's done some things. He's you know, religiously involved and stuff like that. But he deserves he deserves a second look. And you know, we talk about this league. Guy's getting second chances. He's had a lot of different chances.
Speaker 13: I get it.
Speaker 12: But if you just take the time to watch this guy, I would be surprised if somebody didn't decide to, you know, to draft this guy and that he goes to a program and is he's a disruptor.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he's a disruptor.
Speaker 12: I don't know if you guys have watched him, but he's players.
Speaker 5: Fans Michigan, Alabama, U T.
Speaker 7: Martin, Houston and now Charlotte, and that's where he's that's where he's landed here and he was at the Shrine Bowl.
Speaker 5: He's a he was.
Speaker 7: You can you can understand why he was recruited to those big time programs because you do see those traits.
Speaker 5: It's just developing off the field.
Speaker 7: That's that's gonna be a it's gonna be a maybe a high risk, high reward type type deal.
Speaker 5: Maybe on late on day three, but I think that's a fun one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you just got to make sure you're doing your homework on where he's that character wise, because he was. He was like the number three recruit in the country.
Speaker 5: He was big time. Saban dismissed him.
Speaker 8: Really quickly, refused to talk about why when this guy said he got dismissed from Houston pretty quickly. There have been a lot of off the field issues with him that they'll have to work through and that they'll have to figure out. But I mean, just as like perspective of how long he's been in school, all these programs he went, he went through. He committed to Alabama the nine months before the Cowboys drafted Layton vander USh WHOA, that's how long he's been in college football.
Speaker 7: Now, I think we graduated in the same high school class.
Speaker 5: Now serious, well maybe I mean you still have eligibility. Maybe, well, maybe I'll do.
Speaker 9: It's an interesting guy he is.
Speaker 12: But I'm gonna do some digging with Bobby on like exactly what the character things are and stuff like that. What I was able to read about him is that this last year or so, he has done a lot of rehabilitation type things and stuff like that. But as far as, like I said, the player, I was heavily impressed just watching the player and seeing what the player was.
Speaker 9: K dude.
Speaker 2: Just the places he's been though, I mean, the schools that were willing to step up, and it's a it's a talent there. I'm gonna throw a guy real quick in there. Luke McCaffrey from Rice h He's a guy I nobody's talking about it all. And I'll tell you what, man, I'm not gonna I'm just gonna. I know we're up against time. I'm not going to bet against this kid. He's I mean, you watched him. He played in Nebraska. He was a quarterback, he was a wide receiver, he's developing as a wide receiver. We had a lot of big conversations about Ricky pearsall last week from Florida and those types of players. Luke McCaffrey, though, I don't. I don't think people are talking about him nearly enough. And I know he's got the famous brother in law, the famous family, and all the bloodlines are there, you could see it. But the way that he plays the game and the way that he goes and gets the football, and the way he tries to finish and the toughness he plays with, he's going to make somebody a really good player.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna be completely honest. I was going to the Senior Bowl and I see him lined up. I was like, okay, this is nepotism. Yeah, and then he actually he looked really good. He looked really good. I was like, hey, okay, Like he lined up against Chris Abrams drain and one rout and I was like, Okay.
Speaker 2: This guy he's learning how to be a wider receiver. But the concentration, the ball skills, all that are just super. They're going in the right direction. So Luke McCaffrey from Rice, he's probably not going to be Day one, Day two, but watch him in Day three for sure.
Speaker 8: If only there was a Rice connection here, only only, if only there's a couple of them.
Speaker 3: It was funny.
Speaker 4: I had the North Texas Rice game last year and he didn't end up playing, but he was. He was one of the interviews that they gave us pre game because it was like a game time decision sort of deal.
Speaker 5: And he was awesome.
Speaker 4: Just a great guy to talk to. He sounds like Christian, he really does. Like they have the same the same mannerisms, the same vocal tone. I mean, they are almost spitting image whenever it comes to the way that they.
Speaker 3: Process the game and the way they process information. I'm right there with you. That's a great.
Speaker 4: One, all right. That was a lot of fun. Thank you him, Good names out there. When we come back. We've got some twitter on the twenty. It's more like twitter on the thirty five. But we're going to talk about it when we come back. Answering your questions on the Draft Show.
Speaker 14: Next, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dill Cowboys.
Speaker 15: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a fresh down.
Speaker 14: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 15: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 14: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 9: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 14: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 16: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center.
Speaker 14: I can see near far in between.
Speaker 16: Don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center.
Speaker 9: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 10: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos. By creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and Nautilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 6: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 5: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 6: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smooth bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: He is the.
Speaker 5: Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 4: Welcome back into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Lyte Taste you can depend on. This segment is brought to you by your Texas four dealers for it is the best in Texas.
Speaker 3: You want to know who else is the best in Texas? Chris Beam, Who's about to hit the sounder for some.
Speaker 2: Twitter on.
Speaker 9: It never gets told?
Speaker 2: It never does.
Speaker 4: Keith asks, with all of the current situations surrounding Dak Prescott and his contract tied up and not wanting to push that money into twenty twenty four, is it crazy to think that if a quarterback slips to the Cowboys at twenty four, that the Dallas Cowboys may take one of these first round quarterbacks. He specifically mentioned Michael Pennix from Washington, But I want to leave it open to interpretation.
Speaker 5: If one of those quarterback slips, do.
Speaker 4: You think there's any possibility that the Cowboys take them in twenty four?
Speaker 3: Bobby, I'll start with you.
Speaker 8: Nope, Nope, I don't think so. And if you're talking about of these quarterbacks like Penix getting to twenty four, I don't think that's like a blinking light. If he slides down there, It's like, okay, well, there was discussion that he could be in this range if somebody were to really drop like Jade and Daniels, some impossible fall to you at twenty four. That clearly says there's something going on here that nobody's you know, picked him yet, and that nobody wants to go up and get him. So I don't think you're making that sort of a sacrifice, you know, as any sort of a leverage play with Dak Prescott. There are a lot of things this team needs and they don't have necessarily a lot of resources in this draft to be able to cover everything that they need to. And so because of that, like I don't know that you want to use an extra pick, you want to use that first round pick on Well, let's let's bring in some competition. Let's go do the you know, the Steve walshertine. Do I think they take a quarterback sometime during the Drupp Maybe? I mean they might they could take one day three if they like somebody, you know, if they look at traits and say, wow, we really like Devin Leary. Devon Leary man, he can he can sling the ball, around like, sure, okay, they could leave that back the way. Yeah, Kentucky quarterback can tech. I don't think there's any chance though that a quarterback at twenty four is in play.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: There were a number of positions that Dallas didn't meet with formally at the combine. Quarterback was one of them. They didn't meet with a single quarterback at the combine. That doesn't mean they won't address it at some point, like Bobby said, and that doesn't mean that there won't be a thirty visit quarterback either.
Speaker 2: But you know what, there's a couple of things in stuctor here though, if they hadn't traded for Trey Lance and they didn't have the mass exodus that they've had where their roster was pretty still intact because Ted Thompson did it for Aaron Rodgers and we all through that draft Aaron Rodgers it was either him or Smith, you know, was gonna be taken, and Rogers ended up going to twenty four to Green Bay. Ted Thompson, the GM at the time, had no intention to drafting a quarterback. He was sitting on a defensive lineman and he's like he looked at his board and he's like I've got to take this quarterback, right and his guys all agreed with him, and it ended up being Aaron Rodgers, you know. So if Dallas was in a situation where they were still dealing with Dak's contract and their roster was complete, where they didn't have massive holes in it, and they hadn't traded for Trey Lance, I think there's a little bit more willingness to maybe do something like that, you know. I don't think that's something you could just put out of your mind, but that's the scenario. Is not that way right now. They've got massive, massive losses in key positions for them, and they have a quarterback that they thought enough of that they traded a fourth round pick for who they had is a second round grade on their board. So to me, if you didn't have all those factors and one of those quarterbacks felled to you, I think I would give it. I would give it a look, a very strong look. But we're not to that right now. That would be the only way. But I just remember Ted Thompson doing it for Aaron Rodgers, you know, and it worked out for him pretty well.
Speaker 12: I'm telling you one thing, if one that is valuable does fall to them if it, or whole them hostage and get on the phones.
Speaker 13: Yeah, do something.
Speaker 12: Because I know we're going to talk about it later. But Yo, with how kind of like top heavy this this draft is, with like the skill players, there's gonna be some value there in that fourth fifth round yeap. And I think they really do need to figure out how to be involved in that day, in that day to start a day two situation for real, man, I.
Speaker 7: Think it would be an incredible scenario if one of these quarterbacks is sliding and he's there at twenty four, because then you can get on the phones and make a really good deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody's gonna overpay. Oh yeah, you get there.
Speaker 5: You could get a second probably depending on who it is, you could really.
Speaker 3: Get a saying, depending on who it is.
Speaker 5: Depending on who is you can really get it.
Speaker 16: Well.
Speaker 9: You'd have to worry about too. And this is the thing about it is you.
Speaker 2: Talk about holding people up, but other people see quarterbacks sliding too, and they're thinking the same thing and idea. So now you have to gauge. If you're the team coming up into the draft, you have to gauge how far up you go and how much it's going to cost you to get there, you know, and if Dallas has no intention of trading for a quarterback or drafting a quarterback, you could probably pass on them and stay, you know, stay behind them some way somehow. But yeah, it's going to be a you know, it's going to be the teams that are ahead of you are the ones that can kind of dictate what's going to happen there to you, because teams are going to Saydallas has no intention of taking a quarterback, and we can get past them and we don't have to pay.
Speaker 9: And everybody knows Dallas will hold you up.
Speaker 2: Too, you know, because you have they don't have a third round pick or the fourth round pick.
Speaker 9: Like Ayesha's asking for.
Speaker 4: Our boy Votch, who does great job covering the draft and covering the Cowboys as well, he said, what position would you be most comfortable not addressing in the first three rounds? And he only gives four opportunities, So one has to be left out out of these four offensive line, linebacker, defensive tackle, or wide receiver. Which one do you feel like you would leave out most likely in that scenario?
Speaker 5: Uh, be the wide receiver.
Speaker 7: I'm going back and forth with linebacker, but you need another body in that room, so it would be receiver. There's gonna have to be a big step up from Jalen Tolbert this next season, and I think he's capable of it. You saw it from year one to year two. I think he's gonna have to make a similar jump to year three. I was able to catch up with him last week. He's he's ready for that type of you know, responsibility. But I still think they need to go grab one on day three just to be able to throw in that room and compete with him.
Speaker 5: Jalen Brooks.
Speaker 7: I think Jalen Cropper is somebody that was on the practice squad last year that I liked quite a bit during the draft process.
Speaker 5: So they have some guys in that room.
Speaker 4: So you're telling me one of these Jalen's is gonna work out. It's either one to be Tolbert, Brooks or Cropper. We're gonna crash something out along.
Speaker 5: Maybe they go get Jalen Kocher out A holy yeah.
Speaker 3: We can just keep on swinging at this, but do you really feel comfortable.
Speaker 4: I know, CD okay check, you got CD check, but you do not have Michael gallup anymore. Do you feel comfortable as your number two receivers being Brandon Cooks for one year and then figuring it out with Jalen Tolbert and whoever, and then ends up being behind that If you don't address wide receiver at any point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, then you're probably talking about a high pick on receiver next year. But it's been in really good receiver classes the last however many years. True, you're banking on that happening one more year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is I mean the class is just so deep at receiver, and I mean we talk about like those other positions, even stacking the positions, like, let's forget depth in the draft, just look at the positions and what Dallas needs to address right now. I would still put receiver forth. And then when you consider there's a lot of depth here, I think if you're waiting till the fifth to touch a receiver, you're probably going to end up picking somebody that you have graded higher than a fifth because I think there's just so many of them. It's so deep, it's so loaded that I think that you've got the ability to kind of sit around and wait a little bit.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 4: Next one This one comes from Mike Poland across the pond.
Speaker 3: He says, which one would you choose?
Speaker 4: All offensive picks in the first three selections for the Cowboys first three rounds, all three year on the offensive side or all three on the defensive side? You got to pick one or the other. Can't mix your match? Which one is your first three picks? You have to three select offense?
Speaker 5: Well, no, no, I'm going offense. I'm going offense. I'm going offense. By Yeah, I'm going offense.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's all three offense slam dunk because you can't, like, I mean, you can't wait till the fifth round to touch offensive line.
Speaker 5: It's just that that's what I thought of.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Brian, Yeah, I'm going offense. I mean, I'm trying to think of the defense that you know, how you would do it? How would you what order would you go though? If you had to pick three defensive players in a row, three positions in a row.
Speaker 5: De tackle, linebacker, tackle, de tackle, lineback.
Speaker 2: Amazing that they do not have technique. I mean, well we said we have about Mazie and all that, I mean, but but they don't have they don't have I mean, I useduld wear mine.
Speaker 13: It's scary times streets.
Speaker 12: And that's why I'm going offense because at this point, if they don't do something, somebody do something, you just.
Speaker 13: Go have to score a million points.
Speaker 12: Yeah, because the way that you're handling to back it might have to be fifty. This isn't and especially too with last year, it is going to be interesting to see the change because one of the trends was, like you found out that this team didn't get turnovers last year, then it was a problem. I'm like, No, this offense at this point is just gonna have to score a lot of points depending on how Zim does things. I just don't some of these holes, Like we talk about not having a surefire nose tackle.
Speaker 13: Yea, it's scaring me. It's terrifying. Ain't nobody else nervous?
Speaker 9: I here?
Speaker 3: Are there any gentleman?
Speaker 13: I mean whatever?
Speaker 2: I linebacker or edge at two at the second If you were taking tackle first, linebacker or edge with that second pick, yeah, yeah, fish, you know which one would you do? That's why I'm asking you guys.
Speaker 7: Probably I understand the need for edge, I do, don't get me wrong, but I'd probably go linebacker there, like do you feel better about do you feel better about Sam Williams, Or do you feel better about or Shawn Neeland.
Speaker 14: You know, so.
Speaker 5: It depends, man, there's the answer.
Speaker 8: I honestly, if they picked any defensive position other than maybe corner and I could still probably talked into it. If they picked any of those defensive positions in the top two rounds, I'm probably not complaining. Even safety m hmm, Okay, yeah, I don't. I don't feel comfortable. I mean I I think there's been way too much underplane where their safety group is at right now.
Speaker 9: I died on that hill last year.
Speaker 8: I know Brian and I have gotten killed because I just don't think the safety play is good enough here.
Speaker 7: I think they have really good depth though, and I think if you're looking around at needs on the team, you're looking more for more depth. I love one year Thomas. I think Mark Marquise Bell being able to step back into that safety role again this year. I think there's comfortable depth there, enough to where you don't need to address that.
Speaker 5: In the first couple days. In general, I would agree. Here's the thing.
Speaker 8: ZIM plays such complex like disguised umbages. I can't have anything short of like an upper tier like IQ processor at safety right, and I don't know that they have. Look at just in general, who Zim's had a like Zim or Harrison Smith, Darren Woodson, like guys he's had who are really high IQ players who see the game that kind of stuff had. I don't know that they have that. I think they've got decent safeties, but I don't know that they have that elite mental processor, and so I would want them to go and try and find some of that, whether that be I mean, I know a lot of people like Nuban and the way that he processes and the way that he sees the game and stuff at I think Bishop at Utah is another one. Yeah, I like the way that Lead processes and so to me, I think safety is a very underrating. If they took a safety in the first or second round, if they felt comfortable with where the great number was there, I wouldn't look at that as a waste of resources.
Speaker 12: I think that's why it's also difficult too with the new DC coming in, because the usage of the way that ZIM uses safeties is different in a lot of ways of how and I do I understand what you're saying, Bobby, but I do think that there was It was a lot of it was a lot more pressure on your safety to do things than what typical safeties is doing out here in these streets consistently.
Speaker 13: I think that a lot of those guys.
Speaker 12: Last year specifically suffer because of some of the line linebacker play, and it trickled down.
Speaker 13: So I don't know.
Speaker 12: I don't feel like it's like a need at this point, but if you did see it's if Nuban is the best guy on your board, you just go get them.
Speaker 8: I think a lot of what Quinn did while he was here, though, was not minimized, but I think he was able to to kind of mask, like he was just able to shift around where It's like we're talking about if you go watch the tape of Zimmer's Vikings defenses, they are doing some elaborate stuff from what they're showing you at the snap to then what they're dropping into.
Speaker 5: Coverage and doing.
Speaker 8: And I got to have the guy all the way at the back has to know everything that's happening in front of him. So to me, it's like if you can find somebody who you really trust as a mental processor, as somebody to diagnose and be where they're supposed to be. Then and you find that they're there in the second or third round, you need to take that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we need to take a safe in twenty four is what we need to do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 13: Do you think Rick is going to be better than the leak off rip?
Speaker 8: I think Nuban and Bishop potentially are better. Process.
Speaker 4: It's another element of a need that we haven't even talked about.
Speaker 13: Safety.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this interesting, it's a whole new wrinkle. We got to figure it all out.
Speaker 7: I think an interesting later option at safety is Keaton Ola Dapo at Oregon State.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you've gotten a chance to look at him out watched him.
Speaker 7: Keaton ol A Dappo a lot of length, Victor Ola Depot Keaton ol A Daptoh, okay, sorry, a lot of length. I think he stands around six two and a half sixty three. Don't correct me on that. I got Travon Wallace's height wrong on the last show, and I heard about it, so yeah, you know, it happens. You know, we can't be perfect over here. We're actually batting very very low. But Keaton Ola Dapo got great length. I think he could be there in the third, fourth round. That could be a fun option. I just wanted to throw that one in there.
Speaker 5: Good to know, all right.
Speaker 4: I want to continue answering some questions. We were originally going to do a positional spotlight. We're going to save that. I don't want to waste any uh positional spotlights and maybe try and rush through it. But I have some more questions from Twitter on the twenty that we can get to here in a couple of moments, including would you be willing to trade out of the first round if the value is right. We'll talk about that when we come back with more of the Draft show right after this.
Speaker 11: Hi Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahell Mary go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 8: At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see check.
Speaker 11: Them out at DFWIS dot com. Tell them, Drew sent you hood Hut.
Speaker 10: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a link in his just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and nonilists at Lincoln dot Com.
Speaker 14: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 15: How they snapped the fresh scout who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapped. He'll look for a prestown.
Speaker 14: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 15: Prescott's gonna rub this ship show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 14: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 9: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 14: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 6: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Patayo bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or any time you want to much. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only a Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallas Cowboys dot Com Draft Shop.
Speaker 4: Back here on the Draft show spring cleaning calls for a spring refresh. Had to approach shop near you or log on to shot dot Dallas Cowboys dot Com a fanatics experience and brighten your Cowboys wardrobe this twenty twenty four with the best gear in the game. Pretty soon we're gonna have the NFL Draft apparel, like the hats and stuff. They're gonna have that up in the pro shop here. That'll be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: All right, gets a new draft show t shirts?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, coming up quickly.
Speaker 12: I hope they get one that's close to my son.
Speaker 13: Swallowing like a nightgown.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, sorry, Brian brought us Thick Harris.
Speaker 5: We've got Bobby Belt.
Speaker 4: I'm Kylee Omas Nick's gonna get it's like his his rookie shirt.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not gonna have to buy him all I'm not gonna have to do a rookie dinner after the draft.
Speaker 3: Yes, that sounds great now, Ry Jerry will take care of.
Speaker 12: When you When you put it on, it's like like you have that moment of like it's a big deal.
Speaker 5: It is a big deal.
Speaker 9: It's a big deal.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: We've got a question that has to do with trading back in the first round. Of course, trading back is certainly an option now that the free agency has gone the way that it has for the time. Talking about trading back, Brady wants to know would you be willing to trade out of the first round if the value is significant, if the after was good enough to take away that fifth year option.
Speaker 2: Would you be willing to do so?
Speaker 5: Nick Harris, run that back?
Speaker 2: Would you be.
Speaker 4: Willing if the value is there to trade out of the first round? Okay, so the points match up on the chart, you lose the fifth year option being a first round pick.
Speaker 7: It depends how early in the second we're talking. Gosh, that's what are you getting back there? What is the points match?
Speaker 2: This is where this is where I'm thinking, I'm willing to get out of the first round. But the teams I'm only willing to deal with are Carolina, I'm the Commander's New England, Arizona, the Chargers.
Speaker 3: So basically thirty three to thirty seven.
Speaker 2: Eighth in the second I only want to deal I'll and you know why because I want every one of their picks to start the top of the next round.
Speaker 9: It's what I want to do.
Speaker 2: That way, they'll give me a pick at the top of the round, and that'll give you a pick down where I'm picking there in that twenty four.
Speaker 8: Range, it is a perfect points match. If you were to take twenty four, jump back to thirty six with Washington, and then if Washington gave you seventy eight in the third round. That's perfect point match. That matches up exactly.
Speaker 12: I think people are going to be a little bit more stingy because they know that this year is like those mid rounds are money.
Speaker 9: You are onto something.
Speaker 4: I don't have to sprinkle in a fifth to make that worth it.
Speaker 2: You you, everybody's looking at the value of this board.
Speaker 8: It's possible. Here's the only reason why I think Washington's a really good target for it. Washington had to spend their salary cap floor. They're the most cap of anybody, so they've had to fill a ton of positions with veterans. They've been on a signing spree, so I mean, if you're talking about that, they've got capital where it's like, you know, we've already filled a bunch of this We've spent.
Speaker 9: A lot of pies too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that it may be one of those things where Washington's like, well, I mean, honestly, we could get all these picks, but we're gonna have to cut a bunch of these guys at the end of camp anyway, because we signed all these free agents because they were seventy eight million under the cap or something like that, and they've got to spend a. I think it's ninety five percent of the floor or something like that. And so they've they've thrown that money around. I mean, we've seen four Cowboys players go over there already this offseason, and so, I mean, I think Washington makes a ton of sense from the draft capital they have and what they've already had to fill their roster with.
Speaker 4: If only you had a connection in that building, you know has worked in our building the last three years.
Speaker 5: I've only had eight of them or something.
Speaker 2: Like now, you know. But to me, I just do you guys understand what I'm saying about trying to get those picks at the top of the round. Sure, I mean that I'm.
Speaker 5: Not interested at the top of the I'm not.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, pisure picks, but I'm not really interested in getting around where I'm at. I'm trying to like trying to hit some picks at the top of these rounds and then kind of rally in the round with my spot and I think that gives you maybe a little bit more flexibility there. But you know, I'd be interested in doing that absolutely.
Speaker 8: That would be what if like, would you take the points don't match up, You'd be getting short changed.
Speaker 5: A little bit.
Speaker 8: But would you take if Dallas from twenty four went back to Carolina at the top of the second which is thirty three, and then they gave you the top of the fourth round one oh one, So you get to sit on the board the night before.
Speaker 9: Let's go. Yeah that right, Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 13: You think from that.
Speaker 5: Point they're getting you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you and you again, if you're making them to open day three and you've opened a two, yeah, yeah, let me where I mean, yeah, let me sleep on my board Carolina.
Speaker 8: Carolina's got two second round picks and they don't have a first If they want to go up and get the fifth year option, go to Dallas just like all right, here you go, here's the fourth round pick, because the Chicago's got that pick in the first.
Speaker 7: What was the last time the Cowboys slept on a pick. It's probably been a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably, Yeah, Well, they knew they wanted to go get DeMarcus Lawrence. That was the one where they got up in there where they took the commander's pick. I mean, the Commanders made a trade with them then. But man, there's nothing better than knowing you could start day three with this and maybe you have a maybe you have a third round grade or a second round grade. You have somebody up there like, man, how did they how did this guy get through?
Speaker 9: Kind of a thing.
Speaker 4: So the highest pick they had in the last couple of years was when they picked at seventy five and the third that wasn't sleeping on a pick though, because that was the third round, uh one fifteen. In the fourth round back in twenty twenty one, they took Jabril Cox and that was like picked and.
Speaker 3: Of the day.
Speaker 4: So even then, you're way closer than that normal You said, well maybe that's a while back. Uh yeah, I think there's there's options for you to trade out of the first round.
Speaker 3: It would have to be a perfect sent.
Speaker 2: Who would you Okay, let's say you do trade to you trade a Carolina and you start, you start, You got picked thirty three. We just did that right or our needs the same. I mean I tried to get you to thirty and you guys are all hoping for a guy. Do you think you could get your guy to thirty three that you picked.
Speaker 7: I think you're comfortable. You'd have to be comfortable with Kingsley Suelmatia. I think as a tackle option yeah, I think he could be there. I think he will be there at thirty three. So as long as you're comfortable with that being your guy, then that's probably it. But I don't I struggle with Barton being there powers Johnson most of the tackles.
Speaker 5: That'd be tough.
Speaker 9: How about Morgan? I can't interest anybody. Morgan can't. I nobody's gonna go with me.
Speaker 5: If he's at thirty three. I would take him at thirty three.
Speaker 2: But people are talking about him as a guard right Arizona put them at tackle.
Speaker 3: I am I'm still putting the me tackle.
Speaker 13: Why is there so much discrepancy on.
Speaker 2: What he is? He's short arms, is what people are saying, and so I need to figure out. I need to ask mc Gang of seven where they got Morgan.
Speaker 12: It's crazy to see how much he's fell out of favor in some sense to people, because I felt like when we started this process people were.
Speaker 3: I think inconsistency there too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where do you think Latham goes Alabama's tackle?
Speaker 7: That's I think he kind of has the jers On Newton disease. I think also, whereas like we were going into the draft process, like yeah, Okay, that's first guy. All right, what about these other guys? Start sorting these guys and you forget all those guys.
Speaker 13: And I wanted that's that's strategy.
Speaker 12: But I also but no, I do think and it's messed up, But I do think there is some hesitancy with some of the Alabama tackles that we've seen come out the last couple of years, no question, and the injuries and some of the things like that, the conditioning. I do think that might be a reason why he baby falls as well, because people are a little hesitant at some of the development.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a scout tell me you go, I go, can this guy play left tackle? And he goes, I don't think he can, but I think he'd be an all Pro guard.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: To me, I was thinking, hmmm, draft.
Speaker 9: Him left guard? Kick Smith's the.
Speaker 2: Left tackle, two really big powerful guys on the left sid.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we'll run the football now.
Speaker 5: Just for it to be Alex only to the side.
Speaker 2: Alex too long, He was too he was too long? Yeah, I think he was. He moved in sections when you watched him play.
Speaker 9: It's weird.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 4: I think every time we end up a draft show, it's just like a big sigh of like, Okay.
Speaker 9: It's exhausting.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Let's let's wait and talk about it again on Tuesday. Have fun this weekend watching March Madness.
Speaker 3: Everybody stays safe out there.
Speaker 9: Watch your tape too. I watched the tape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can have the multi screens rolling.
Speaker 4: You got tape on the left, you got the four box on the right hand side, and be a fun And that's gonna be me. There you go for Bobby Belt, Nick Harris for Brian brought us Ayisha Morrison. I'm Kyle Yoman saying so long from the draft show. We will see you on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.