Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The NFL season is going strong, and Draft Kings sports Book is hooking new customers up with an offer that's even stronger. Bet five bucks on any game this week to score two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets, and DraftKings isn't stopping there. All customers can take advantage of a sweetener offer every game day this October. Get in on game day greatness. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app now and use code Shannon. New customers can score two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets when you bet five on the NFL. That's cold Shannon. Only on Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. The Crown is Yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or visit www dot one A hundred gambler dot net in New York called eight seven seven eight Hope and Why or text hope and Why to four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help us available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas licensing partner Golden Nugget like Charles and Louisiana twenty one plus age varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash Football terms for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome to another edition of nightcav. I am Shannon Sharp, your favorite uncle, and he is Chad O. Chajoe Sinko, your favorite number eighty five. That's me Ring of honor Cincinnati Bengals. Great, thanks for joining us. Let's jump right into it, Ohoe. Tonight, the Seahawks hammer the Giants twenty four to three. Remember they got beat forty nothing at home open the night against the Cowboys. Cowboys, Daniel Jones was sacked ten times, two picks fumble loss. Let's just say, Danny Dims tonight wasn't worth a wooden nickel what you got for me?
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: I love Daniel Jones. I love him obviously. He is the forty million dollars quarterback in the Big Apple. The New York Giants. They decided not to pay Saquon Barkley obviously, even though Saquon Barkley is hurt, I think he could have he could have helped a little bit to that. I don't think it would have changed the outcome of the game. But Daniel Jones, just watching him play the first half his longest, his longest pass in the first half with seven yards. With seven yards, that's not going to get you a w at all at all. Darren Waller, if.
Speaker 1: I'm not mistaken, had two catches, Yeah, two catches, if I'm not mistaken. They were moving the ball. They were moving the ball.
Speaker 4: Down the field. They were fishing. But you had a fumble. That fumble when when that Daniel Jones strip sacked, slip sacking and get you know what, the see off gout of that.
Speaker 1: They got points out of that. There was a picks there was a pick six.
Speaker 2: Who did that.
Speaker 1: Daniel Jones? Okay, Devin Witherspoon played out of his mind. But I'm i'mnn still imna stall, imna sick with the Giants right now.
Speaker 4: It was an atrocious showing by the Giants offensively. If there was a shiny light or a glimmer of hope for the Giants, it was Keevon Thibodeaux.
Speaker 1: It was Kevon Thibodeaux.
Speaker 4: He played some good goddamn football tonight and was one of the bright spots on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 2: You know, they say money doesn't change you, it makes you more of what you already are. In sports, money doesn't change you, it makes you richer of what you already are. Daniel Jones is a richer average quarterback. And somehow owners and general managers think that, you know what, if we paid this guy, he'll all of a sudden get it. That's not how it works, O Joe. You can't say if a guy's lazy, well I'm gonna give him a hundred million dollars, then that's gonna motivate it. If you're not self motivated, it's gonna be hard for money to motivate you. And Daniel Jones is an average quarterback. That's what he is. And somehow they thought by giving him forty million, what was gonna change what he actually is? And it's not.
Speaker 4: But I think we say he was an average quarterback based on the standard that we hold quarterbacks to. Your paid Mannings, your Tom Brady's, your Patrick Mahomes, your Joe Burrows the upper echelon of quarterbacks in today's draft to be yeah, yeh, yes it is, but it hasn't panned out to be such. It hasn't panned out to be such. But with the market, what the market was with with with him being up as far as this rookie contract, the timing, I mean, he just that that is what he commands in general, whether he wants to or not. They had the pay them because where else were you going you needed a quarterback.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask you the question, what can back? Yes, ask your question, sir. The housing market is booming, right If the house isn't worth twenty million, I'm not paying twenty million because that's just what that's what the market.
Speaker 1: That's not That's not the way the NFL works. You know that.
Speaker 4: You know how hard it is to find a quarterback. You understand how hard you pay one.
Speaker 2: So you just even though you don't you do you believe the Giants actually think this guy can take them to a Super Bowl? Yes? Or no? Deep down do I believe I'm not the Giants. I'm not trying to cut in the check the Giants in order. And man, you said about him in Week one.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'm I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think they have the tools to be able to take the Giants to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I don't think they have the tools because they not using They not used.
Speaker 4: For one, with the tools they do have at their disposal, they not using them the right way. They not using them the right way.
Speaker 1: They just not.
Speaker 2: What here's the thing? Go ahead?
Speaker 4: And now that I think about it, I think about Rerek Grossman, right, Remember Rek Grossman took the Chicago Bear to the Super Bowl because that d for one, the defense was good, right, the defense.
Speaker 2: And they ran the football with Thomas Jones and.
Speaker 1: They ran the football. Obviously it is a past happy league. Now they have a great, great weaponry over there. Sterling Shepherd said, we don't we don't need, we don't need. You don't need superstars to get that.
Speaker 2: You don't need superstars. You gotta have superstar receivers or superstar quarterback. You can't have average on TAPA average and expect greatness. When did that happen you?
Speaker 4: You don't have to be great to win a Super Bowl. When is the last time we had a great receiver to win a Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: You had a great quarterback's Patrick Mahold, not a great quarterback quarter average. You're telling me you could take an average receiver, an average quarterback and expect greatness. Is that what you're telling me?
Speaker 4: You know it comes into play. You know it comes into play. If you have average, an average at receiving quarterback, you knew it.
Speaker 1: Comes into play. Then you know we're at rich.
Speaker 4: But listen, that's where your coaching comes into play. That's where your play calling comes into play. That's when if you play spades right and you get a certain hand and you get a car, the cars that you are dept you got to play a different kind of way to win. You gotta play the game in different kind of way. If you want to win, Oh ch'all the cars that you are dealt, you gotta be able to figure it out.
Speaker 2: You can't. The reason do you believe the pages when they was winning all of those Super Bowls? Do you believe they could have won I'm not the first one notwithstanding, but do you could have you believe they could have won those Super Bowls without the greatness of Tom Brady. They could have taken any other average quarterback. I'm gonna leave everything else the same. The only thing I'm removing is Tom Brady. Do you believe they win those championships? No? Okay, Now with that being said, you just told me you can take an average quarterback, average reiver.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. No, No, that's that's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm saying if you have an if I don't like calling nobody average.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 4: This is the NFL. They're they're there for a reason. He are the one percent levels. Okay, there is levels, but listen to me. If you have an average quarterback or average quarterback room or average quarterback, if you have average receivers, that means the coaching philosophy, the scheme in what you do and go out there a week in and week out, has to be that much better.
Speaker 1: It has to be that much better. That's where the coaching comes into play.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you it's not excellent O's. It's Gym's and Joe's. So you keep telling me coaches. Coach, Okay, coach is he not great? How you how is he doing without the greatness of Brady?
Speaker 1: Coach Belichick is is a defensive mind, right coach.
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: He was defense with John Brady.
Speaker 4: The defensive minded coast though, how's the New England? How's the New England papers defense doing that? They're doing goddamn good? Okay, how about this they're doing good?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna tell you all these great you say, Okay, Charlie Wise was a great offensive mind. How did they notice? West? Listen? Let me let me finish my point, and I'm gonna let you chime in. Charlie Wise was Tom Brady's first offensive coordinator. How did he do it? Not Tree Dame? How did he do it? Kansas? Okay? Josh McDaniels, how did he do it? Denver? How's he doing in Oakland? Excuse me now, Las Vegas? Okay, I'm gonna go another one. Who else? Bill O'Brien, how did he do in Houston? So you keep telling me, excellent, You keep telling me the great minds, the great minds. Stop fooling yourself.
Speaker 5: O Jo, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does come down to players. But again, this is the NFL. This is NFL. Even though there are tears. I'm just saying, in order for things to work, in order for the Giants to get the most out of their players, you gotta put them in positions to succeed.
Speaker 1: And now if.
Speaker 4: You have an ad you have average players, and you say you have an average quarterback, then the coaching has to come into play.
Speaker 1: And be that much more better than what you have than.
Speaker 4: The product on the field. It just has to or it gets exposed. And right now they're getting there getting exposed.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, all I'm saying is that the only thing you're gonna get now. You keep saying is tiers, T E, A R S. Tiers.
Speaker 1: It's only a few tier ones. It's only a handful of them.
Speaker 4: Yes, And everybody ever got to come to play everybody ever got to come to play ball.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, Daniel Jones is not even tier two or Tier three. Stop fooling yourself. Stop telling the people that, Oh Joe, we listen, you and I we're gonna have we look, we gonna joke, we're gonna have a great time. But in order for us to maintain credibility, we got to be truthful. Now, you know, Daniel Jones is not a Tier two or a Tier three quarter I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't speak on him being Tier one, two or three. I just talked about what he did to night and it wasn't sufficient I did that. What about wasn't sufficient enough to win win the game?
Speaker 2: So it wasn't about week one that was that was bad.
Speaker 4: That was bad all the flass board only. I only said it because it was week one.
Speaker 2: You keep it all up.
Speaker 1: I wasn't. I wasn't all up and arm because it was it was week one.
Speaker 2: You dy got win.
Speaker 1: Somebody got to lose.
Speaker 2: You keep you keep getting, you keep this goodness you keep saying. If you keep saying, oh goodness, good, good good, and Daniel Jones keep giving you these performances. So how much more do you need to see before you come to the realization? Say you know what, man, I mean the Giants not gonna.
Speaker 5: Be with him.
Speaker 1: I just said he didn't play well tonight.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: He played well enough. He's done just enough to get the contract that he got. Because if you if he wasn't, they wouldn't have paid me.
Speaker 2: So we're blacing everything on your.
Speaker 4: There's something, there's something that the Giants organization saw in Daniel Jones where he was rewarded the contract that he got.
Speaker 2: So are you working for the Giants? Are you working for the Giants organization? I need you to speak to what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just told you what I saw and now I said it to night. I'm not gonna say any any any worse than what I already did.
Speaker 1: I stated.
Speaker 4: He threw interception. Two of them at that one. Diggs won the Witherspoon, he had a strip sack. All those ended up in points. Yes, he didn't play well tonight. Okay, he didn't even play well tonight.
Speaker 2: He didn't so so over the course of his career, have you seen more good or more bad?
Speaker 4: And that's a that's a goddamn good question that's got But based on based on what you're saying, I haven't watched enough of Daniel Jones to make that kind of sense.
Speaker 2: Five years stop it league A long time, yeah, he asked.
Speaker 4: I think what we've been able to see from him is not the worst of the worst, and it's not the best of the best. It's the middle of the pack somewhere where he's someone that you can work with and be what he's someone that you can work with and be effishing with.
Speaker 2: And because he.
Speaker 4: Wasn't if he wasn't as bad as you think, if he was as bad as you think, and keep saying he is despite what he's putting up, he wouldn't have gotten the money he's gotten. So it's something that the Giants nobody, So everybody.
Speaker 1: At the Giants see that.
Speaker 4: I can't There's nothing I can say.
Speaker 2: That's what we're on here for. But I I just told you, I just told you. I just told you that. So everybody, everybody, everybody that's gotten the contract in the NFL. I'm not saying deserve because deserve is the same. But if playe has basically like put up the numbers to warrant them getting the contract they received, everybody that's ever played the NFL has done that.
Speaker 1: Got it. You have to do You have to do something.
Speaker 4: There has to be something that they see for you to get your money because they ain't just paying No.
Speaker 1: Just know, anybody, you know what, here you go, he go forty million dollars. You don't money like that.
Speaker 2: That's not what you just told me. You just told me. Where else where the Giant's gonna go. They had to pay somebody. That's what you just told me.
Speaker 1: I'm saying. I'm saying, I'm not saying it in that matter.
Speaker 4: He was the best option at the time, which is why they paid him.
Speaker 2: So would you rather get hit by matt truck or dump truck going sixty miles an hour?
Speaker 1: Either way, You're gonna either way, Daddy.
Speaker 2: That's what I've been trying to get you to say. You see how simple that was. See, once I give you things and analogy for him, you grasped the concept a lot. It's simple.
Speaker 1: Listen, you kill it. You're killing me when we it's thirty two. It's thirty two teams in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in your top tiers you got by four or five players, Yes, you got four or five players.
Speaker 1: So everybody else you got to have something to work with.
Speaker 4: So there's something that the giants saw in Daniel Jones that they knew he is an answer for what we're trying to do.
Speaker 1: This is all we got to work with right now.
Speaker 2: Well, that's it, that's it. I think the problem that you have is that the reason why Daniel Jones can be somewhat effective. If Saquan is in and he can run the ball, he can catch the ball out of the backfield, so he can take those three to five yard routes and get you first down, so he can get you ten. He can give get you fifteen. He's a threat to take the ball to distance without him. Now you're asking Daniel Jones and mediocre receivers. And then look, if you're in the NFL, your NFL, but there's talent, there's levels to you know, everybody's not Tyreek. So one of two things gotta happen. Now, if you want to go far, somebody has to be great on the offensive side, your quarterback, your receivers. Something has to be great, because if it's not, you're not gonna go very far. Average and average it's not gonna get you very far.
Speaker 4: And again that's why the first thing I said, if you if these are your words, if you have an average quarterback, room, yeah, you have an average quarterback.
Speaker 1: If you have so called average receivers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that means to mask and get the most out of your offense and offensive players. The coaching in the scheme has to be that much better if you don't have the players.
Speaker 2: Okay, so tell me the it just doesn't tell me. Tell me the coach that can get it done, that can get it done with Daniel Jones and those receivers.
Speaker 1: Oh well, he's he's in Kansas City. And the other one is in he's in Kansas.
Speaker 4: City calling the players in Kansas City, and the other one Patrick and the other one is calling the players in uh in DC.
Speaker 2: He's Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 4: And it's another one named last name Shanahan. He's with the forty nine ers. I'm giving you, I'm giving you offensive coaches that have your creative mind, that can get the most out of their players, which is maybe what the Giants offensive staff is lacking the creativity, the creativity that they need to be successful if everybody's so average.
Speaker 2: But here is the thing. If you have average quarterback and you have average receivers, what's the one thing that can't do?
Speaker 1: Turn turn the ball over?
Speaker 2: What is what is Daniel Jones done just about as much as more more than just about anybody else in the league. Since he's been in the league.
Speaker 1: He's turned it all over. So now you gotta protect the ball.
Speaker 2: You don't have greatness Like Patrick Mahomes can play bad, but he has the ability to overcome back. Daniel Jones can't play, but can't turn the ball over and have the ability to overcome back because he doesn't have a U. Justin Jefferson, he doesn't have a Tyreek. He doesn't have these elite level receivers. So that's the problem that you're running into with the Daniel Jones. Now this notion that we in the NFL, but you notice that ojoe quarterback is the only position that they'll overpay and say, well, if we overpay it, we can make something out. They won't do that for receiver. They won't do that for the running back. The running back, even the top running backs can barely get money. Tell me the other position that you can be average to below average, they'll pay you above a market value above just like you know what all we got to do? Well, where else can we go to find it? They'll go out and find an offensive linement. They'll go out and find everybody. But for a average quarterback, I'm not saying you're trying to replace Patrick Mahomes or Justin Herbert or one of these top ten quarterbacks. Dan Jones not top ten.
Speaker 4: But this is this is the funny thing about it. You know how scarce the quarterback position is. You know how scarce and hard it is to find a quality quarterback or just a quarterback that can run your offense and just be efficient. You don't have to be Patrick Mahomes. You don't have to be Jalen Hurts. You don't have to be Patrick. I mean, you don't have to be Joe Burrow or goddamn Josh Allen. But to find a quarterback that can be efficient and just run the offense and just give you a chance. Can you give me a chance on Sunday?
Speaker 2: Can you be that is?
Speaker 1: It's still hard to find. It's hard to find.
Speaker 2: Oh Jo. The problem that I have is that you gave of a guy that kind of money when you knew your offensive line was in shambles. That offensive line. They didn't upgrade the offensive line. So the offensive line got him pummeled last year, be getting pumped, I mean he got We thought he got obliterated. In Week one, they only sacked him seven times.
Speaker 5: He got ten tonight tonight, Yeah, yeah, ten.
Speaker 2: And so I just don't understand the Giants philosophy is that you don't protect him, you don't give him a true number one receiver that he can throw to. And now Saquan is out, Now where do you go? Where do you find it? Because you got to say and and and when he came off the field, the coach Brian Dayba was like, bro, we ran a whip route. You want you won You run that route anticipating the DV is gonna be on your hip. So if you're gonna miss, you gotta miss inside. Oh John, if you miss on his hip, the dv's on his hip, you're gonna hit him right in his chest. And where did you hit him at?
Speaker 1: Right between the numbers.
Speaker 2: Rails. I like a reservation for six and that's a very hard restaurant to get into it in New York. Oh yeah, oh yeah. The Giants are the Giants now three and eleven. In the last eleven games in which Sakuon Barkley is missed, Daniel Jones has more interceptions than touchdowns. In games that Sakuon Barkley does not play, Daniel Jones is one to twelve and primetime games worst winning percentage ever. I'm gonna say that again, John Marra, the tissues, whomever thet the general manager is, Brian day Ball. You don't go because Daniel Jones. Saquon Barkley is the engine. Suon Barkley is the engine.
Speaker 1: Everybody knew that, but for some reason they oh.
Speaker 4: They knew, they knew, they knew they understand. They understand, but they had They try.
Speaker 2: To totally line for the NFL lead to keep the running back. They try to keep the running back and suppressed.
Speaker 1: They trying to suppress the mark yep, yeah, but not suffering.
Speaker 2: True. Let's move it along. Rodney Harrison. I played against Rodney. We were in the same division for a number of years. Very good friend of mine. We used to work out together occasionally when he was and he moved to Atlanta. I lived in Atlanta, so I know Rodney very well. He said something last night where Chris Jones after the game, and he asked him, did it surprise you that Zach Wilson played so well considering what you had seen on tape? And he caught a lot of blowback because people and and and I want to get your thoughts, and I'm gonna go back and tell you what I'm thinking. And he caught a lot of blowback for what he said. And then he refhrayed ask him another way, and he said that he was garbage. What what are your what are your thoughts on what Rodney said? And how Chris Jones handled that.
Speaker 1: Chris Jones class act class act? He the class act.
Speaker 4: Rodney Harrison trying to bait him into saying something bad about Zach based on Rodney's assessment, based on Zach's play, and everywhere everybody else has been saying. And I like to think I'm one of the few that have always stuck up a Zach, you know, for the past three years.
Speaker 1: But that was and I had this problem with you.
Speaker 4: Before as well, with you wanting me to be a little bit more critical of players so I can have some type of credibility when I am talking about the players and being able to analyze them and making a fair assessment and about their play. And I and I kind of shun on the idea of doing so because players don't really take it well. They take it personal, you know. And one of the things for someone like Rodney Harrison, who's been in the business on the other side now for quite some time, I think was very unprofessional, very unprofessional, to to go that route and speak that way about about a player in that manner. There are ways to analyze and critique players on their play out at being personal.
Speaker 1: Oh And that was just a little that was a little over the line for me, just a little a little over the line.
Speaker 2: So you think that his use of word, the term garbage made it personal to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that that's personal, and that's not the way to conduct an interview in general, talking about another player, especially trying to debate another player to agree with you on what you're saying, just to say something bad like you don't do that. It might have been the right message, the wrong messenger, right message, wrong messenger.
Speaker 2: I think the thing what happened is that he was fine when he said, Chris, are you surprised how well Zach played considering what you had seen on tape? And be honest, I believe if he had left honest out because when I ask you a question, if I'm asking the player a question, I'm expecting him to be honest. And even though deep down in the back of my mind, I don't believe he's honest considering that I played the game, I was in the locker room, and so I'm assessing that's not for me to decide, that's not for me to try to come back and says, Okay. Now here's another thing Rodney has to understand. NBC has the game right, and they have what we call production meeting. You've been in production meetings. I've been in production meeting a lot of the key offensive players, defensive players, and coaches before the game. They go into they sit down and like, well, how you're feeling? You know, you know, all we feel good last week? Well, you know we came you know, with a tough with a much needed win or a very tough loss. We're looking to get back on the right track. YadA, YadA, YadA. Right, you can't be as critical as say me, because we're away from it. We don't have the game. Even though if I'm on a network, I'm not work for ESPN. I'm not like him going into production meeting. So I'm father enough. Oh so NBC is not going to get that kind of blowback, And I mean NFP is not gonna get that blowback like NBC is because of Rodney said that. And so for me and I get it. I mean, we don't like the considering that he used the term garbage and I think that's kind of But like Rodney, Rodney said what a lot of other analysts are thinking. They he just have to be mindful of what he can and can't say and say.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's a way, there's a way to get your messages across and deliver it in a certain way. Again, He's been in the business for a long time. There's a way to do things, there's a way to say things, you know, and just just it was distasteful, very distasteful.
Speaker 2: Hey, I don't know how many you guys, because a lot of you guys don't know. But Rodney was not a slouch. Rodney was not some bumb I know a lot of deal. Now, a lot of guys talking all this gibberish. Y'll better go back, y'all. Hey, y'all better go back to check this man.
Speaker 1: Take a real deal. He was a real deal. I played it, I played against.
Speaker 2: The charge I played. I played against him also, I played he was in my division for about about seven years. So I know I know Rodney very well.
Speaker 1: But I think I know about that farm too, oh a lot.
Speaker 2: Hey, Yeah, it had been tough for him to play in today's game, Oh yeah, big time. Time they find they find that that physicality that he brought to the table, they to find that out of him. But I just think the thing is, like I said, I know Rodney, and I'll probably reach out to him tomorrow and talk to him and get his thoughts in that conversation between he and I remain private, but I just think sometimes we just have to be mindful, especially him in his situation, because he's actually talking to a player after the game, and I believe he'd have been fine if he'd just said, Chris, are you surprised how well Zach played tonight considering what you had seen on tape? At this point, you don't have to say, You don't have to say, and be honest, right right, Just assume that he's gonna be honest, knowing more time than not a lot of times, these guys are really good. They've been coached up. They're gonna give you coach speak. That's okay, But you ask the question. Now. I'm gonna leave it till my viewing audience at home, my listening audience to decide whether CJ is telling the truth or not. That's not for me. That's not for me to try to extract that information up out of it. Ask the question, and if he answers it, hey, yeah, I mean, but I thought he did. He's like, look, he did play well tonight, he played he played, he played well. We saw some big time throws that he had made on tape. He made some of those throws tonight. So I'm really not that surprised that he played as well. But I was glad that we came out here with the win. So CJ handled it perfectly. I just think there are a few statements that Rodney could have made differently that probably would have changed the complexion of the of the interview.
Speaker 1: So are you ready to also agree that he played well?
Speaker 4: Are you still sticking with your sentiments that you said yesterday that Zach Wilson didn't play well because you heard Christ Jones said, you heard everybody else said, you heard Patrick Mahomes said, you played one hell of a game. Keep going. So can we get that from you as well? Can you right now say.
Speaker 2: Now you know the game? If CJ wants to say that, that's fine, But I already know. Coach quarterbacks, go stick up for all the quarterbacks they're gonna give you, coach they gonna get. I guarantee you Geno Smith to go say Daniel Jones played well tonight. If you ask him, I guarantee you he said, man, that was a tough game. But I thought under the circumstances he played well. You already know, so.
Speaker 4: You're just not gonna get Jack Wilson's credit by the last next game, get him.
Speaker 2: Credit for losing. I thought I thought the objective was the winging.
Speaker 1: So now you want me, I said, I see where you're going?
Speaker 2: Okay, I said, no, I ain't going nowhere. I'm right here. I'm right here. I ain't going nowhere. We got I got time tonight. I got time tonight.
Speaker 1: So you ain't gonna give me credit?
Speaker 2: Okay, tell me what I'm getting me?
Speaker 4: Credit for playing a great game. They weren't able to come out on the winning in. But what he did in the game, some of the throws he made, is a great foundation to build off of for the follow But if.
Speaker 2: You don't mind ask putting those last three possessions the Giants had up on my screen, right quick? Come on, that's a game. No no, no, no, no no, don't don't don't don't don't don't now now all of a sudden, you Stevie wonder now you waving side to side. Don't Stevene want know me? Now? No, let's let's put this up on the board. His last three possession, give me those right quick, okay. Wilson's last three possession a punt three and oh, three and out, punt, fumble, Wilson. Zach Wilson's last three gives ended a punt which was three and out, another punt and a fumble. Now tell me this greatness, where was the greatness in that? Okay?
Speaker 4: So, so the game, the game came down to those, those those last three possessions.
Speaker 2: Yes, in a game of that magnitude, that's tied. You absolutely right, it comes down to those.
Speaker 4: And again, let me remind you about some of the players before that happened.
Speaker 2: All that, all that doesn't matter, because how many times have we seen other quarterbacks played bad? Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert a tour? How many times Dak Prance got How many times have we seen quarterbacks Lamar Jackson? How many times have we seen quarterbacks play bad, but when they need to make have a drive to get a game time field goal, a win, or not let the team get the ball back, they do that? How many times?
Speaker 4: All right, you're right, you're right, I'm gonna let you have this one. We were gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna come back to this.
Speaker 1: You'll see remember this. Jayon don't jump on the jail.
Speaker 4: Don't jump on the god damn Zach Wilson bandwagon later on in the season either, Bro.
Speaker 2: He got four flat times and the engine missing. He ain't going nowhere. Why don't jump on that. He ain't going nowhere?
Speaker 1: Remember that, keep that same energy.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, triple A, triple A on the way right now. To try to get you, Try to get you going riding the tow truck. You know, you break down of the road and you don't want to ride the car. You know, you right up there with the tow truck drive you today? But hey, man, what happened to shaw car? But I believe you know what, I'm gonna let you have that bandwagon all to yourself. I don't even get on it because I don't wanted to get cried.
Speaker 1: Because everybody else on there with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're the only one in on there because we can see you can't see.
Speaker 1: We can see what's coming.
Speaker 2: Hmmm. I don't know. Objects are closer than they're up here. Yeah, you about to get science wipe o joke.
Speaker 1: We ain't even looking at it.
Speaker 4: We ain't even look in the mirrors you, We ain't looking in the mirrors were looking straight ahead.
Speaker 2: Jay Z caught him flat he was talking about he was starting with Kevin Hart, and Kevin Hart had said that it was it's a difficult conversation to have with cousins, and jay Z said, yeah, we go to your aunt's house, and you go to your mom house and your cousin's over and they're pitching you. Hey, bro, I got this great idea. I need forty eight hundred and I'm gonna get your two mail back, and so people and then everybody started listing of Jeff Bezos got a loan from his father, and Bill and Bill Gates got alan from his father, and the Walton family got along from his dad. Blah blah blah. Ain't nobody mentioned nothing but no cousins. All they mentioned about was kids getting loans from there. Now, I guarantee you. Now, I know, I don't know the name of James z twins, but I know the oldest daughter is named Blue Ivy. I guarantee you. If Blue Ivy went to her dad, went to her mom and said, Mom, Dad, look what I've been trying. This is what I need to do, and I need a little extra capital to get this thing really really going. I don't think whole. I don't think bait is gonna.
Speaker 1: Have a problem.
Speaker 2: I'm saying bait Beyonce. I'm not saying bass. So I'm gonna be disrespectful to that man, Beyonce. Uh, it's gonna say no. So Sam Walton, Jeff Bezo, Phil Knight, Elon Musk, Donald Trump, Mark Zuckerberg, all got capital. Thank you. I ain't say nothing my cousins. Now, go back and look at jay Z's history. He's taking care of his mom, He's taking care of his brothers and.
Speaker 1: Sisters, immediate immediate family.
Speaker 2: He got a home, got a homeboy named Ti Ti that I've heard him speak glowingly about. Y'all need listen. It would be nice if Hole Warner had some first cousins, some second cousin or third cousin or what we that's what we call dog kin. You're close to kin to a Saint Bernard, then you have that third fourth cousin. But I'm not that we called dog kid down South. But anyway, it's so, if that would be nice, if jay Z said, you know what a I want to break y'all along. But jay Z is under no obligatiation. I don't care what if I had a billion dollars. That's probably why you couldn't get to a billion dollars because you're giving away money that you don't have. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the funny thing that this is the funny thing about family. This is the funny thing about family. It's the funny thing about friends. Everybody always has idea. Everybody has Everybody always has this idea on how to make money, but they need your money in order to do it right. They always need your money to do it. But one half the time they don't think these plans and ways to make money out. There's no there's no business plan to it, and just an idea in your head. And as soon as they bring your idea and you ask them, will show me a business plan and show me how you're going to let me give you say something.
Speaker 1: Never have anything to show up. It's just a thought. It's just a thought. And and something about.
Speaker 4: Our people is we really have no respect or value for a dollar, no at all.
Speaker 2: And you have an expect and you automatically expect because we think, oh, if I make it, I'm supposed to bring everybody all twenty all three hundred and seventy five of my closest kid and all work in.
Speaker 4: All three all three hundred and seventy five and be broke. Yes, and then everybody, Oh Joe, it trips me out with people. You're like you, You try to help everybody. Then all of a sudden you go broke.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't know how you lost all that money, given it to you more folds, and how I lost all my money. I'm helping you with car payment, I'm helping you with your kids, I'm helping you with house. No, I'm helping you do all this other stuff. And then when I go broke. Now y'all looking at me crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Listen. One of the fastest ways to go broke is not learning how to stay say no. It's normally family. It's normally family that will continue to drain you. Sometimes it's a closer, your closest relatives. Sometimes it's your own mom and your own daddy. Sometimes you got to know, you got to know how to how to deal with them at arms length.
Speaker 1: When they don't have structure, discipline.
Speaker 4: That is the most dangerous thing for young athletes, or for anyone that has money in general.
Speaker 1: They will continue to drain you over and over. When you give them.
Speaker 4: Once, they gonna come back when it run out. Yeah, you get you get somebody five grand. All you're doing if you take take man.
Speaker 2: Somebody five grand? Man, Man, you making five six million dollars. What's ten grand to you?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 2: That's five thousand more than you started with. That's a thousand more than you started with. You over here my pocket talking about all that money I'm making. Considering that you came to me asking for money, you should be grateful. And I'm giving you the money with no expectation of you returning it because that's normal, that's what I do. I'm never going to give somebody money that I'm expecting it back, because all it's gonna do is gonna call us. It's gonna cause me to lose. It's gonna cause our friendship or our relate or our kinship. It's gonna cause a friction. Because if I give you money and I expect it back and you don't pay me, now, I'm not gonna see everybody always want you to man. Man, that little bit of money now, it's a little bit of money, and I want you to pay it back. It's a little bit of money. You didn't say that when you came in and.
Speaker 1: Asked me for it.
Speaker 2: You ain't mentioned about the whole little piece of money, that a little bit of a man. Let me hold a little bit of money, you asked me. Let me borrow thousand, Let me hold five thousand. I ain't got no problem with that. I'm gonna get I have in the past, my uncles and aunts. I went to the suit a. Okay, man, I have an uncle. Every time my homeboy, my homeboys and friends come around. Man, you know I used to change dicas on that boy laugh O Joe, every oh Joe, every time I come around my.
Speaker 1: Home boy, the old school story.
Speaker 2: Man, you know, I changed. So I pulled them to the side. I gave thirty five hundred dollars. I said, don't tell that damn story no more now. Okay, I'm dad, said you laughing, oh Joe, But I'm dead serious. I said, don't tell that story no more now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that's that's the end of that story. But I go to the super Bowl and I come back. I give my mom had eight brothers and sisters, all of them was married. I come home five thousand for you.
Speaker 5: The hunt.
Speaker 2: Even though if it's not. But you know they they they my relative through through my through you know, through my mom I gave, I give my her sisters, I give their husband. Same thing. Boom boom boom. Okay, you wasn't going to the Gamecuse me when it came to the super Bowl. The first time you see me play? Was it gonna be in the Super Bowl? If you hadn't seen a preseason game or regular season game or play the game, and you think the first time that you gonna see me play Super Bowl and ain't happening. That ain't happening. But man, people need to stop this. Man, if I had a billion dollars, no, you wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't know, you would you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: People always say what they would do because they've never been in that situation.
Speaker 4: Frustration And the funny thing about it, another thing we need to learn. We have no no, no structure, no discipline when it comes to spending money. We have the mindset is I'm gonna blow a bag and go make it right back.
Speaker 1: And always listen and always think that every.
Speaker 4: Play, that play that you always doing, or whether a hustle that may be, it ain't gonna always hit.
Speaker 1: It ain't gonna always be hitting whatever it is that.
Speaker 4: You may be doing, whether it's whether it's something good or whether it's something bad. It ain't gonna always hit the way you think. It is just that our mindset and the way we think. Man, there's no type of discipline when that comes to spending money. And they always got an idea. Everybody always had this wonderful idea on a way to make money, but never have none of their own.
Speaker 2: No. Always, like I said, and when people like, well, what you're gonna do for your kids, my kids will tell you go ask an in my kids, they're gonna tell you I'm daddy. Is I'm dad? Is the last option, not the first choice? Because I get I sent you to private school, I sent you to college. Okay, Now, if you can't figure it out, let's talk about it now. Don't go make a mistake and then come ask daddy to bail you out, because you should have asked daddy first, right, because you know, a lot of times I'm grown. You know what I noticed. My kids are always grown when it comes except with money. They ain't grown when it come to money. When it come to money, you know, I'm dead a little girl, I'm dead, little boy. Whoa you think you could drink and you could curse me. You can do all this stuff, but now you need some money. You ain't grown no more. Yeah, but my kids have been very, very good, but they know I'm last option, not first choice. Now we're gonna sit down and talk about it, and I'm gonna I'm gonna help I'm not gonna I'm not gonna leave. I'm gonna help them out once because my kids are knock on wood, they've never been a because I say, if you ever get in trouble, you get a d U. I h I already know my kids will tell you if you were to get a DU. I want you who the first. I'm not calling my dad. I'm gonna tell my mom not to tell my dad because I gonna be in the pen right I'm gonna be in the pen right next to you. But for a whole different reason. So they already know. Day Listen, I work my tail off because a lot of what I do is for for the kids and the grandkids. My son has I have a grandson, but you know, hopefully, knock on wood, my daughter's gonna get married and have kids, and so what I'm working hard for now is to start it because you know, my mom and dad and my grandparents didn't have anything to leave me. But I'm gonna leave my kids and kids, kids, kids, well well off. They're gonna be straight now. I'm not gonna say they're gonna be as as business minded as I am. And every shiny toy that comes along, like I want this new card, I want that because eventually, if y'all don't do the right things, the business is gonna go away. The money's gonna disciplate.
Speaker 1: Grade, it's gonna run away. Yeah, yeah, disappear.
Speaker 2: But I understand what Jay, And it's only people that's in that situation that have money, And I don't have nearly the money that Jay Z has or or or Kevin Hard or any of these people that were mentioned. But you have to say no, O Joe, You're absolutely right. You have to be willing to say no and be okay with that.
Speaker 1: I don't think people understand.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't think people understand how difficult it is to navigate having large sums of money, especially when you've had it for a while, or just being a rookie for that matter, or just coming into your own or coming into money and having all these new friends, you having all these new friends, all this pressure and won the fit in and you think you're given and and.
Speaker 1: All of it. I call it transit, transactional access. H you don't need, you don't need, you don't need nobody. You don't need, you don't need the entourage, because every time you see entourage, it's only one person really got money. Yeah, and you and you got and then you got to feed, you got you got to feed all them different mouths.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I just it's it's crazy. It's crazy. I mean, we could talk about that topic. I can go on and on and on. You know, when it comes to financial literacy that that's that's my thing.
Speaker 1: I'm on that.
Speaker 2: I'm on that. I remember a couple of years ago there was an article that came out that I think doctor dre daughter, he was taking care of her, he was financially supporting her. And I think she had lost a range Rover after her for she had four kids. And I'm not I don't want to. I just know I think it was a couple of different dads. I don't want to say four different baby dads, but I think maybe one or two different dads and people like man jay Z excuse me, doctor Dre has all that money. Doctor Dre is not under an obligation. All. You know what I told my kids, Oh Joe, I say, all I owe you is in education. I don't know you anything else. I could die and leave everything that I've worked my butt off to you. But I don't owe you that. I owe you an education to give you the best education I possibly can to get you started. After that, this notion that you owe your kids, you see the problem. You know why. You know we've made lazy kids. You know why we made lazy kids because in our mind we want them to have it easier than what we had it. Right, you couldn't have gotten where you got. You wouldn't have gotten to where you if your mom would have babied you like you do some of your kids. You're not o your SINKO. I'm damn sure not.
Speaker 4: Shanning Sharp right, that's a good one, And that's that's a very touchy subject too. That's a very touchy subject because some of the times I've seen it on Twitter before Jackie Chan when he's talking about as well and he said, yeah, I wasn't leaving he was leaving any of his fortune to his kids and just watching Twitter go going to uproar. All parents always want their kids to suffer so they ain't have to like and so that that's that's a touchy subject, is as far as when it when it comes to my kids, they know if they need anything, I'm the first and the last option. You know, if you have somewhere to go, it's okay. But if you need it, you know you can call now. If it's something extreme and out the blue, you already know it's not happening.
Speaker 1: We talk about it. We talk about important stuff. We talk about necessities, not wants.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: The wants we'll do those things around the holidays, you know, Christmas, birthdays, we'll take care of you wants then.
Speaker 1: But anything that's a necessity that you need, they know they can call it any time.
Speaker 4: But that that's that's a very touch that's a very touchy subject, which you just said, very very touch.
Speaker 2: But you notice everybody always have ideals how you should spend your money. Yeah, yeah, everybody. Everybody got great ideas with your money. Man, I would do this, I would do that. You wouldn't know, you wouldn't. It's easy. It's easy to say because I remember my brother had money before I had it, and I couldn't understand. Man, you got money? Man? What that I used to leave the door wide open? He's like, Bro, are you trying to cool or you trying to heat the outside? Also, man, all that money you got, he said, you were Man, Man, my kid, don't do see that? Dude letting this air, let this heat up out this house? What the hell wrong with y'all?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Georgia power and you have a greater appreciation for it when it's yours, when it's coming out of your pockets, and now you want people to understand it and respect it and value it like you do. That's the hardest thing to get somebody to value things. But it's hard to value something that you didn't you didn't buy, you didn't create, or work you don't own or you didn't work for. It's hard, Yeah, but once you get to that point. I treat people stuff because how I would won't my stuff treated? I don't you know? You know what?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 2: I asked if I go to somebody's house, which is a rarity. I think I can count. I think I can count. Oh yourright, no, line, I think I can count on one hand how many piece people houses I've been in the last ten years.
Speaker 1: Trying to think I got back three.
Speaker 2: I don't. I can't remember. Let me tell you something. And people go like, man, what I haven't spent the night at the girl's house, at her house probably thirty and probably thirty years. What. I had a bad situation.
Speaker 1: Oh, he pulled up on you. He pulled up on you. Oh you put can you pull that scrap out of I had? Oh?
Speaker 2: No, I had two situations. Check this out. I had just I had just got drafted. This was in This was in May of nineteen ninety. Yeah, And I called a young lady that I used to mess I used to talk to, but I didn't mess with anymore. So I was coming back from Denver because I was still in school. But I didn't want to drive home in the middle of the night and wake my grandma up because she was gonna like fake something wrong. So I was like, I called, I said, hey, you see anybody. She's like, no, I ain't see nobody. I said, I don't want to wake my grandmother up. I could have just went. I could have went and got a hotel room for fifty dollars. That's what I need to do.
Speaker 1: Being fast and you're being hot.
Speaker 2: No, check this out, Oh Joe, check this out. She said, No, you can come on over. So I go over. Something tells me, oh Joe, I got on shorts and a T shirt. I got a T shirt and shorts on. Something tells me keep this stuff on. I ain't that night, ain't nothing pop off? Oh Joe, you ever been sleep? You feel like you can't move, but you could hear everything? Right, I felt I felt like I was dreaming, but I could hear people arguing. Oh, and I'm like it, but I can't move.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, you know you been like you're trying to move talking about right.
Speaker 2: After a while the door flowed the hinges. So you got to understand, O Joe, your boy, Your boy about to be twenty two. So I'm paid. Hey, you know what I'm saying, Oh Joe, So you're going. I got to do the A So I'm ready, I'm prime. Okay, I may God contact uh huh, oh bro, it wouldn't have been good, O Joe.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: He had a couple of bodies on the resume, so he recognized who I was. I recognized who he was. Yeah, so he's like sharp. I said, yeah, man, he said, man, I love man. Hey, congratulations going to.
Speaker 1: The Broncos and Roy.
Speaker 2: He said, man, you's Savannah State boy. I used to tell my home I used to tell the homies. I said, that was sharp. He going to the NFL. My shoes all have my socks on everything. Check this out, o Joe. I said, God, if you get me out of this situation, I wouldn't get back in another one. Yeah. Three years later, I go back to Savannah State home coming. I called it and I said, what's going on? I said, you know, no a different one. Different one. No, no, different one. She said, check this out with Joe. I said, you know your boy and she said, come on over, come on. I said, okay, I ride with my homeboy. Bucket. I said, bucket, turn around, because we had just left campus. I said, turn this thing around, Bucket. He turned around. We pull up, so I said, homeboy, you know watch Hoban said, hey, go home, go back to homeboy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was all right. So he get Jet magazine. So you know, I got to rollie on. I got my change eighty four, so you know, you know, she's like, I feel the good. I feed the good. O yoe, I feed a good. So by two, Okay, I got my I got my shirt. I took my shirt off. I see the door handle turning. I'm like, hey, what the what the hell? My homeboy thinking dude came in that thing with the ak and with the a K. Now, mind you, she done undressed. I just got my shorts on, so I done, just came up out my T shirt and took with jewel rob my ROLEI my chain. So he looked at me. I look at him. I say, this is your people, my man. He's like, yeah, so okay, my bad. Guess what he asked me. He said, my man, you shocked. I said, yeah, I thought so. So I look out in the hallway. His homeboy got the shop sawed off. My homeboy sitting on the couch because I know my homeboy would alerted me, but he got the sawed.
Speaker 1: Off on him and okay, okay, So I.
Speaker 2: Get my stuff and say, my bad, bro, I said, I ain't no, I say, you know me, I don't know who you are, my bad. I'm at fault. I'm wrong. So I get my necklace. I'm sure. I'm sure. Yeah. So I leave and I'm thinking, like, oh ship, I said, homeboy, I left my roller in there, he said, man. I said, man, you better turn this more for a rod. I'm going to get my joint. You got it? Did I? Boy? That was fifty bands? Why did I? Hey? I said, my man, my roller on the dresser. He said, hey, you go to man. I got it.
Speaker 1: I said again, So that's why it's been thirty years.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't see nothing.
Speaker 2: For the longest time. Yeah. I would not go to a female's house with that thing.
Speaker 5: On the table right right, right, right right.
Speaker 2: I said, you know what, just let me just look. I feel comfortable in my own home when we're gonna meet in a neutral place. I said, but I can't. I said, I can't risk it anymore. I say, because somebody's gonna because they're gonna recognize who I am, and they gonna think, because who I am, I think I can run rough shot over them. I say, it ain't worth it. Oh shoe, I say, but you got me out of that one. Yeah, and my eyes at another ain't closed my eyes at another female's house that was there the dude walked in on us in ninety three. That's it.
Speaker 4: So thirty years and listen, I'm never I don't. I don't have a story of that magnitude of story that great. I never had that problem. I rarely really ever go to people's house, especially spending the night, because I got to be it, but I got to be able to play with my video game.
Speaker 1: So I'm not staying at your house. But God, but that was a good story, boy, And the funny the funny.
Speaker 4: The funny thing about that story is that happened to a lot of dudes, but the outcome isn't as gracious as yours was.
Speaker 2: George was, I believe had he not known who I was. Now I do I ate another story I was at I had an sl in ninety two and I was in Sabamah. So you know you have an old pay phone, right, and you know back then they ain't have no no GPS. You could punch it in and full it up. So so she told me an address and I drove. I said, damn, So I'm not even thinking. I mean, I'm on thirty seventh in bull If you're from Savannah. You know exactly what I'm talking about. And I'm pulling the park lot Pashaw had a car wash. So I pull up there and the dude run up on me. He said, you know what it is? I said, my man, everything I got in Hey, my wallets in the car. Everything I got is in the car, he said, sharp. I said, yeah, I'm a man. Hey, he said, He said, Bro, you in the league. You better get a cell phone. Get out of here, right. You ain't got to tell me no more. Hey, but I still made that calling with the short I did do that. Hey, Hey, bro, I got to friend of your call.
Speaker 1: Bro, you you ain't pass that up.
Speaker 2: Don't don't do man.
Speaker 4: Listen what I got have some good stories, man, but nothing nothing, nothing like that.
Speaker 1: I told you, well you were you tripping? Oh Joe?
Speaker 2: You just all they do is just tell me they have somebody. And I'll have never stepped for man. You know, would women? I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think women never tell the truth.
Speaker 4: And listen. And you just got to the league too. You think they Fina ruined that opportunity in that chat.
Speaker 2: She ruined, please ruin it? I think I think you later ruin my chances. I thank you later, but but my story from time, I'm gonna share a few stories with you because I got a bunch of them over my fifty five years.
Speaker 4: I got I got some good ones. I just just not not like that though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lebron and a D. Lebron says, he's the face of the franchise. You look at all these retired numbers that's around this facility. All the grades have come here, and a D is one of them. Is a D the face of the Lakers. Listen.
Speaker 1: I love I love Anthony Davis.
Speaker 4: I love being able to do what he's done in this entirety since he's been in the league. But to say he's one of the all time grades, he is one of the all time grapes. But say he's one of the all time grades in the Lakers organization, he.
Speaker 1: Hasn't been enough. Yeah, he hasn't been healthy enough for me consistently to be considered one of the all time grades at that organization, one of the best big men to ever play the game, one of the most skilled big men to ever to play the game.
Speaker 2: Big men, yeah, they known for that.
Speaker 4: But all I need is for AD to be able to play a full season. Not maybe not every game, but not missed.
Speaker 2: So fifty five, give me sixty five games.
Speaker 1: That's it. Just give me sixty's I'm gonna say sixty. Give me, give me sixty games. Because when he's on the court, man, a motherfucker's hell. He is hell.
Speaker 4: He is hell to deal with on the defensive side, on the defense end, and the office end. But again, I respect what Lebron is doing. He's the goat for reason. Then he will always be. He will always be the face of that team, regardless of him, big up in AD always.
Speaker 2: Hey, the difference is AD talking about the face of the team. Lebron's the face of the NBA. Yeah, it's like Jared Jones is the face of the Cowboys. Patrick Mahoons is the face of the NFL. That's two different that's a whole different thing here. Yeah, I get what Lebron's trying to do. Lebron is for the longest saying a d I need you to pick up the man, I need you to carry this thing. Now, Bro, I mean your nineteen, I mean your twenty. Now I'm headed into year twenty one. You are you're supposed to be in your prime. You're supposed to take this thing now and run I can get if ad were to take this thing and run with it like I think what I think he can. Lebron can easily get another two years. He can play. He'll be thirty nine in December. He can play till he's probably forty one. He can get another two years in easy, go ahead mine. He still loves it. He's still shocked. Mentally. What broke me, O Joe was meetings. I hate meetings. I had heard to Jeff Flanker drive. I had heard fifty bing go pick, I heard staff protection. When you hear that, there was nothing new to me. And so now my fun was being on the bus or being you know, been a locker room laughing and joking and the practice feel stretching man, the meeting man. If Mike would have told me a eighty four, don't even worry about meetings, I don't know. It had been hard for me to tell to take that job at CBS. But when CBS told me and they gonna get they were gonna give me more money than what I was making, and I wouldn't have to take no hits. See you might see, I'm just being outed. Russell Westbrook organized a team INNI camp and lost make us a couple of weeks ago. At dinner, you had to practice and then you had to go to the team dinner. At the team dinner, Russ handed each player a new new iPhone fifteen Pro Max. What's the best gift you've ever given your teammates?
Speaker 4: Oh, man, the best gift I ever given my teammates. Man, I don't rethink. It's too many people. There's too many people on the owner, on the football team.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's too many. And the boy I think you don't.
Speaker 2: Know what the quarterbacks, they'll get them like try line. Yeah, yeah, I did that. Ninety three my first All Pro team, I got a ten thousand dollars bonus if if I made, if I made if I made All Pro, and if I made the Pro Bowl. So I took my money. I took my money, went to the rolex, and another three thousand out of.
Speaker 5: My procket, and I brought into the rolex.
Speaker 2: I went. I brought all the offensive lineman Roll Lexus had him in grave.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, listen, man, sugar ain't sugar ain't brought nobody.
Speaker 5: I ain't buy nobody.
Speaker 4: No watches that man just obviously you you you, you know me somewhat somewhat a little bit on how carry myself when it comes to my finances. The most of the thing, the most I've done is actually with the receivers, is maybe taking everybody out to dinner.
Speaker 5: That's what mass your question.
Speaker 2: Did you take it? Did you take your offensive coordinator or your position coach to the Pro Bowl when you went.
Speaker 1: No, No, coach Brad coach Brad No, coach Brad No.
Speaker 2: I took all my every year, every year I made the Pro Bowl. So even though they were no longer coach me Less decoed with the first coach that I took that I that when I made it, I took him and his wife. Then Brian Perranni came after Less, after away Philip Staff left. So I go to the Pro Bowl, I bring VP his right less and his wife Chris, and then I go to Baltimore. I make the Pro Bowl. I take Wade Harmon, my position, coach, his wife, BP, his wife who's still at the Broncos. Let's steckel. Okay, I bring them out there, fly him out, put them up at the hotel and we go do a dinner. I'm just you know what, I just want people to know. I'm never I've never been naive enough to think that I got to where I am by myself, right, So I wanted them to know that I appreciate what you had done for me. Less Steckel was He's probably probably first to second Coach Hall, who was my high school coach. He drove the bus from my mom. He coached all my uncles, coach my aunts, and he coached me and my brother. So he's probably he's my favorite coach, but less Steckel's probably a close second because the relationship that he and I have to this day. He calls me. He calls me every one of my kids birthday. Less hadn't coached me in thirty years. He calls me every birthday for each of my kids. Now he calls me sweetheart. That was him, sweetheart, he always every time, sweetheart, Sweetheart. I just want him to know. I wanted BP to know. I wanted Wado to know. Bro. These pro bos, these all pro y'all helped this. Yeah, invited them all. Now some of them came Less came Less stuck. Okay, I mentioned less in my speech. BP came, Wado didn't get to come because he was coaching at the time. Invited them all to the hall, all my because I appreciate it. I appreciate everything that I was, everything that I had accomplished up until that point, as far as as far as you know, sports wise, especially football, those guys had a large part to do with it, and I wanted that was my way of saying thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think what I did obviously when I made the Pro Bowls and the fact that it was in Hawaii. I think the players to day they will never understand what it's like to make the Pro Bowl and what a treat it was to make the Pro Bowl back then, because it was an actual treat. It was an actual treat. In the trip, Yeah, family, obviously I took. I took my kids, my family. I took my coach, my coach who was my trainer doing throughout the off season, because he's responsible for who I was, He's responsible for the confidence was, he's responsible for the bravado and really making me into the player I was.
Speaker 5: I took him all the time.
Speaker 4: Obviously, my grandma and my mom and my homeboys out the hood my homeboys out the hood who I grew up with. I wanted them to have that experience and go go on that journey with me. So I took them, you know, maybe one or two times. Other than that, it was always, you know, my kids and my grandma, my mama.
Speaker 2: My sister. She went the first two times. My brother made it in eighty nine and ninety and she was done. She didn't want to go anymore. Yeah, she's like, it's too far to fly. She was excited, she'd be excited for two days and then she's just basically ready to go home, ready to go home. So she's worried about she's worried about my grandmother because we got to have one of my aunts to come in and see with my grandmother. And you got to realize, Okay, California to Georgia is a three hour time difference, and there's another two hours, so it's five hours. So you're thinking one thing, and Grant is already in the bed and so about that. And by the time you want to call this in the morning, you going to bed and Granted just getting up. So now after that point, so I never got a chance to bring up my mom didn't really didn't really care to go. So that was that it was just basically me and my me and my coaches. I'll take the coaches and you know, a couple of times and had a couple of teammates, which was which was cool. And then uh, in two thousand and one, one of my last year in Baltimore, to have Ray and Woody to go, Uh, that was funny. But it was always fun to get an opportunity to see the guys that you compete against and right around and eat burgers and and and you know, all of the my ties and the Blue Hawaiians and the drinks and and tell the stories. And you get an opportunity to see coach Belichick. You see a Peyton Manning let their hair down. Now all of a sudden, it's no more coach speak now, all of a sudden, it's just like they're having a great time. Hey Sharpie, you want something? But he and now we're trying to Hey man, what's your room number? Oh I'm such and such. Oh now you got everything.
Speaker 1: You never give you your room number.
Speaker 2: Never charge on me by four thousand dollars because I'm charging every charging the room six on nine. What you want you want burger fries, You want to drink? Yeah, your wife and kids need anything? Oh, yeah, we get you. I remember that. I remember them days. Oh they got your boy, they got your boy, they got you, they got me.
Speaker 5: Yeah they what do you.
Speaker 2: Call them about? You know, I went over the back there. You know it was the Buffalo with heavy Thurman Thomas, bruisy biscuits. Cornelia's been itt Jim Jim Kelly. With Jim Kelly, I'm like, Jim, you're not a rookie. Jim buying everybody. Jim Kelly if the great. He might have been the greatest Pro Bowl teammate because he's there for everything. I don't know what he was with the quarterback, but they just benevolent.
Speaker 5: They you want.
Speaker 2: To drink, brodrink. But okay, so so you know, so you don't feel like you I'm turning you down. Sure, I'll take one. But it's great And that's the best part about it. That's the thing that you know, uh, going to the Pro Bowl meeting the guys, getting an opportunity to sit around and talk and meet their family. Oh, this is my mom, this is my dad, and take the pictures with their brothers and sisters and uh that was that was a great experience.
Speaker 1: For me seeing people out of that element.
Speaker 5: Yeah element.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and actually I think the first time actually seeing Ray Lewis well, me and Ray knew each other for years. But seeing Peyton, yes, Peyton Manning being Okay, this is not the same Peyton I saw throughout the season, This isn't the same Peyton that does the interviews.
Speaker 1: Seeing Peyton Manning be Peyton Manning and not having to be politically correct.
Speaker 4: Yes, answer your questions with a mic in front of his face was one of the most enjoyable moments, Like, oh shit.
Speaker 5: These dudes are normal.
Speaker 1: They know, they just they just like they just like me, you know in a sense.
Speaker 4: And the fact that they always have to mask it once you playing football and once you're putting the helmet on like that has to be that has to be draining to actually change like a comedian and be someone we just can't be you.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, I'm trying to think. I think my last Pro Bowl, I think Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Steve McNair rest his soul might have been my quarterback.
Speaker 5: Wait you was there?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 5: Year was that?
Speaker 2: The one? Okay? Year? Baltimore. Okay, my last year, My last year in Baltimore. Oh, I had some great ones. I mean I played with uh Marino, l Way, Kelly, Warren Moon. Oh, Joe Montana was my quarterback one year, one year, I think it was Danny, Joe Montana and Moon. I had l Way, Kelly and Marino. Go dang, hey, hey, you boy, hey. I went on to try to get me one catch. That's all I wanted to do. Get me one catch. Let my grandma see me catch a pass and get out again out of that thing. Yeah. Oh oh, oh Joe. Let me tell you what happened. One year in ninety six, Jacksonville had beat us. So ninety Jacksonville had beat us in the playoffs, and so it was me and Coats or the tight ends Ben Coats. Yeah, now you know it's only two tight ends and we're running double tight can't running two tight ends? Now we got? We got? I said, bro, why was it? Come on, man, now mind you I ain't got no contract. I'm a free agent, right man. And I say, I said, looking, man, y'all need to stop running this type double type stuff. I'm gonna play the first being, gonna play the second, I'm gonna take it. The third brand braingment home right. They kept running double type. I went and got me two bags ice and put on my knees. I said, Ben, you got it the rest of the way. Come on, sharp, don't do I tell you. Mm hmm sharp done.
Speaker 5: Hey, don't play with that money. I ain't get the money yet.
Speaker 2: No, oh no, mm hmmmm hm.
Speaker 1: Oh man.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, Dermandy and Dawson to tell you, he pulled his hamstring at the Pro Bowl and he was never the same.
Speaker 5: Wait, he was going full speed.
Speaker 2: Trying to kise somebody on an interception. I think he tried to catch time. Yeah, look it up, Dermody, Dawson, yeap, oh Man. But you but you have to understand Ojo. Back then, guys, would I mean you know back then to win the winning prize was ten thousand. The losers got five thousand, right, So by the time you brought everybody over there, that five thousand was gone. That's ten thousand was gone.
Speaker 5: That's gone. That's gone.
Speaker 2: Now come come third come fourth quarter? Oh, BRUCEI core test.
Speaker 1: They're coming.
Speaker 2: They them been bull driving for three quarter not of money on the line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's how that's how we were, that's how he was to We were the same way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh it was. And you know in practice, you know, guys, you know, g time, t time, rest your soul. Junior said, man, I want to play tight end. Okay, hey, he playing tighter. He playing tight end. I'm playing livebacker. So called the practice off because we had all the defensive players wanted to play the position. He's like, we're not getting anything done. He called, hey, take it in. Okay, we booked them out of there, but those were some great times.
Speaker 5: Your good day, Good days.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow. You gotta get up early tomorrow. I gotta get up even earlier and do first take with Steven A and the guys. So we'll be back Thursday for nightcap. I'm your favorite UNC Shannon Shark, He's your favorite number eighty five Chad o Yo Fenko Johnson call me if.
Speaker 5: You need me.
Speaker 2: Nightcap o Joe, we're out