Speaker 1: Talk, talk talk.
Speaker 2: So we're just two unapologetically black women with an opinion to talk.
Speaker 1: Well, what's up y'all? Thank you for turning in for a new episode and we talked back a show dedicated to you dreamers and chasers. This is your co host a j Holiday What's Up Team.
Speaker 2: I want to dedicate this last one of the year to these niggas and homes one more time for.
Speaker 1: The might as well. Hey y'all, Hey y'all, We love y'all.
Speaker 2: Man, hope y'all had a good Christmas Christmas. I was about to ask you the same thing.
Speaker 1: You go first. Uh My Christmas was cool, Okay, So remember I told y'all last week we were doing family pictures, so we did do that on Christmas Eve. I did everybody's makeup except for my oldest niece, Chad, because she's extra boozie. She had to go get her shit done by someone. But I did everybody else's and we looked really nice. Man. My uh look, my daddy and my step mom who's the same age as my middle sister. They came to take pictures because we all want y'all took pictures all together. That was nice. Everybody was twelve of us. That was real nicey are y'all gonna print them? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I'm waiting for the guy I had, Yeah, the guy had. I know the guy, the photographer, because my niece was this was her idea, but somehow and landed in my fucking lap last minute. So I found somebody to come take the pictures, and well, my daddy and his wife was taking the pictures together. I was like, I told a photographer, I say, tell everybody, this is my step mama Hedi girl, my daddy is seventy three girl wife. Yeah big, that's what come after that? Yeah. But and then Christmas Day, oh girl, last night we went to a big ass like I wish my family was like this lit. I went to a house Christmas party and apparently these people do this shit every year. It's the preaching his wife, but it's my friends, my friends, my nigga homeboy family, his mom and dad. Girl. When I tell you, we pulled up, it was so many people there. They had a live band inside the house. Wow, it was lit. Okay, all you can eat food and drinks. It was really really nice. I wish my family was that dope, but they not. Everybody doing their own little separate shit in the house. Oh wow. Every year. It was just me, mam and my sister.
Speaker 2: This year and they came up on Christmas Eve and I made this hot chocolate and I put liquor in me and Tania's. But I ain't tell my mama cuz I was driving us around to go.
Speaker 1: Look at Christmas nights. Not do you, shorty.
Speaker 2: It was just a little little tab. It wasn't a whole bunch of the hot chocolate.
Speaker 1: I know she probably saw you changed, though, you know, motherfucker's be changing, and they start drinking.
Speaker 2: So we went past this house and there was a Santa Claus. Literally, they had the house lit up so big. I found all these places to go online, and so we rode past this house and it was a Santa outside and he was passing out candy canes and you could leave donations that they were given to a charity, and you had to get in line. So we sat in that line and we gave him some money, and I asked him could I have some breakpass for Christmas? Because I was squeaking all the way down the mother fucking line. It's embarrassing you act sad.
Speaker 1: He was like no, no, no no, But that was fun.
Speaker 2: And then we came back here and we made some somores. I had got one of those tabletop fire pits and that I saw on picturess and we made some moores and washed the five heart beats, so that was good.
Speaker 1: We went to bed. Then Christmas we got up.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we made a TikTok that night before bed, you know, the one where I got to send it to you.
Speaker 1: It's so funny, my mama is a.
Speaker 2: Trip, the one where you like moving slow and then when you flash the lights you go crazy. Yeah, we made that one. It wasn't good, you know, because it wasn't good. I embarrassed, but I sent it to you. Uh.
Speaker 1: Then we went to bed.
Speaker 2: And then on Christmas Day we got up. We had metting pajamas, so we took pictures. We even got Bello matching pajamas. Took pictures on the couch and then we opened up all our gifts and then we chilled for the rest of the day, ate some food, and then we went to go see the color Purple that night, and we wore purple like over request it. But I guess everybody didn't hear Opah's request, because I feel like it was just us and a couple of people who actually came in the color purple to the show, and I really enjoyed it. My mom was acting. I was slinking the beginning.
Speaker 1: She's like, this is a fucking musical.
Speaker 2: I was like, yes, But once it got she got into it. It was really good. We enjoyed it. Now, let me just say this. There was a trailer for that movie, The American Society of Magical Negroes. Y'all go look at that.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for that. I like it.
Speaker 2: I like the title, and I was excited because I was expected to some nigga hogwarts shit right. No, this movie is about magical negroes who use their powers to make sure white people are happy so white people don't hurt black people. And the main character and the main character he starts liking this white girl, and his job is to keep this white man happy. And the white man likes the white girl, so he has a conflict of like getting with this white girl or making this white man happy.
Speaker 1: And there's a white white tears odometer girl. I was all, who what fuck is this for? Who that is fun? Hold on, what's the title, what's the title?
Speaker 2: Against the American Society of Magical Negroes.
Speaker 1: White people are happy? Yo. I was like, I literally in the in the movie, I said, boom, real loud.
Speaker 2: Everybody started laughing at the movie theater because who the fuck.
Speaker 1: They missed the mark for me?
Speaker 2: Maybe, I mean it's a satire, and I get that it's a satire, but I feel like, based on the trailer, they're missing the mark completely for me.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. Directed by Kobe Libby, Yeah, it's not given. Uh, it's not giving. I won't tell you what he looks like. He looks like he is mixed with black and something else. I won't tell you what he looks like. He looks like he's yo. Yeah, that ain't y'all.
Speaker 2: Go check out the trailer and y'all come back and tell us what y'all think. But it's just not I was offended by that ship. But otherwise the movie was good. And then we came back here eight leftovers and went to bed.
Speaker 1: That was it. So color purple. It was good. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: There was a few moments where I was like, but for the most part, I loved it.
Speaker 1: I'm actually at them even doing a remake. I understand it's a musical, but they should have just left it as a Broadway play. I don't know that I want to see it in theaters paying anyway. I think you're going to enjoy it.
Speaker 2: It was good, you know, if you get, If you get take the movie out of your head and just let it be what it is, I think you'll like it.
Speaker 1: Taraji. You know, the Color Purple just has so many stereotypes and shit like that. I just I just want black people to be fucking great moving forward. I'm so tired of living in the past. Yeah, okay, twenty twenty four and beyond. I just want us to start a fucking new Leave all that old shit back. The old shit be the old shit. Mm hmm. That's how I feel, man, because it's like it's programming, you know what I'm saying, it's programming. I don't like it. Anyway. I will watch Color Purple when it comes out on TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait to hear what you think in twenty twenty seven when it drop on TV.
Speaker 1: Right, she'd be dropping early now, shit, it'd be like, well, speaking of a color purple in Taraji, Taraji.
Speaker 2: Uh she did an interview and she was very emotional about the disparaging between black female payment as actresses in their counterparts, and she wasn't happy with how much you know, they get paid and then how much they end up paying out and how much they end up they're left with in the end of it all.
Speaker 1: And you know, I understand that, right.
Speaker 2: I can't understand that, you know, because based on these our heart checks, but I just they are she gets paid. I look, I went to google her net worth and mat I just felt like, maybe Taraji just speaking to a whole different group of people than me. You know, I can't in different demographic and yeah, than me, because I would be so happy with what she got. I was upset that honeybag Ham was charging sixty eight dollars for half a ham. It was almost eighty dollars with tax and shit for a half a ham, and I was upset. So that's a different tax bracket than I am. So I can't she's speaking to somebody else. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: It's for sure, right, So this article, I'm looking at it saying that she rests at twelve million dollars, So that's her net worth, right, now and this conversations with what was with another rich bitch Gail King okay, Oprah home girl slash slash, and she was visibly emotional. She was crying about it. And the thing is, when you become the commodity, right, she's the business, so she is responsible for the success of other people as well. Also, when I was looking up this article, I also saw that she fired her whole team after being on What's the TV show Empire Allions Empire. After Empire and the success of it, she said she fired her whole team because her her She she felt like her career did not catapult after that, so she just needed to start fresh with a new group of people. Because what the fuck y'all do? What is next? She said, what's next with me? Like y'all ain't have nothing set up? Right? She she probably needs to talk to some of the older women that have been acting. You know what I'm saying. Maybe she should have had a commons by Tyson before she left, because I'm pretty sure they wasn't making all crazy money in comparison to the white counterpart. And then now on top of that, they outsource everything in America, every job, every corporation, is outsourcing, and it's no different with acting. They go to other countries for actors to pay with American people especial everything, right, So, I mean, I think it starts with maybe doing your own ship, right, you might she might.
Speaker 2: Need to look, does that take a page master, pook.
Speaker 1: Master? Yeah, just start producing, creating and produces. Just start producing your own Yeah, doing your own thing, because you can't depend on these people because then there's there's gonna always be a ceiling for your pay, right, is always going to be a ceiling. But I think her doing the show, it's just weird to me. This is the part that it kind of gets me at, Right, why now while doing Color Purple, right, because she even stated in that interview with Gail King that she was ready to walk away from Color Purple at one point, Right, why is this conversation coming up when you're now dealing with black folks and their pocketbooks in pain? Because most of the movies that you've done, the big ones, right, they probably well, I guess with Empire that was a Lee Daniels, right, but anything else most of the other movies that she's done, like big movies, it was white people pocketing. So you allowed them to pay you pennies. And now I hear you you coming under these black ladies, out of his black lady and this black man Tyler Perry and Oprah Enfree. Now you on TV crying with her homegirl about how you ain't getting no money? Like, what's up? Why? Now? I guess she's just fed up? Now maybe she's like and the black I ain't. I ain't expect this from us. Look, i'd be feeling like I expect honestly, man, it's the game. Man, I don't have a game, Yes, exactly. I don't have expectations for nobody exactly come to that money.
Speaker 2: That's because counting at that point green Okay, because when you get into managerial and director and all that shit, your your main goal as a CEO owner of any company is income.
Speaker 1: How can I make the most money? And who the fuck can I pay a little bit to make me the most money? It is what it is. Now, you got to become the boss. So what are you gonna do it to? ROGI?
Speaker 2: Yeah, start making your own ship. We're gonna support you either way. Yeah, we're a fan and we love it.
Speaker 1: And budget bitch, just because you look obviously you need a budget, right because we know you start making more money, you start spending more moneys, so you get the bigger house, bigger vacations, bigger cars, all this.
Speaker 2: But we required, we have so much requirements for our stars too. Now you gotta look at certain way, you gotta dress away where she got that same weing on from color purple. So you know, I feel her and I don't feel.
Speaker 1: Her at the same time. You know, right, Fantasia has been looking very looking okay everywhere? Yes, I said, she looked like she got the fantas. Ain't no way brou Fantasia looking so bad? Okay, y'all go see it. What else you got on the dock?
Speaker 2: And I'm supporting them black ladies so they can get their I know, sister Rogie can get her check up and listen to we talked back because little check to God damn right, tune in the fuck all right, So doctor Jackie Law and she's on the docket for stupid internet news this week.
Speaker 1: So recently she had to sit down with VP Kamala Harris a virtual conference on Zoom to talk about the maternal health crisis. Right, so listen, TikTok is not safe Okay, TikTok, it's unruly over there. If you want the real buy anything, go to TikTok because they're going to expose your ass. And they got all information on TikTok. So TikTok has now pulled up a resurface video of her. I think it was what's the other crazy ass? One doctor? Heavenly offer married to medicine And she was saying, how black women because this is she's no bg yan. She was saying, how black women cry wolf when it comes to pain because they want time off from work. First of all, in other countries, women don't work right. And I only know a few companies, a few companies in America that even give men maternal leave to be with their wife, because then that would probably decrease the amount of what you say, oh, paternally you know what I mean. Anyway, y'all know what I mean. Anyway, you were.
Speaker 2: Saying, only a few companies to even let men have paternal lead to be off when they have a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, paternity lead to be off when they have children, which would probably decrease the amount of what's postpartum. Yeah, because I believe postpartum comes from a lack of support a lot of times for the mothers. Yeah right, so now you got to go right back to work after six weeks. No, I need my whole pregnancy off plus maybe sixty years, six or seven months off being paid absolutely, because in other countries this is standard. Right, So she's saying black women specifically, cry wolf. And the thing is, how are you going to sit down with the vice president to talk about the maternity crisis when black women were number one? You know what I'm saying, for us to pass away and things like that, whend happen to be, we don't survive a lot of times. So you're a part of the problem. If a mother comes in and say, hey, I'm in pain, Oh it's a black woman. So she automatically lying, that's a problem. That's a huge problem. But she apologized.
Speaker 2: She came back and apologized for saying that because I guess she understood that that's not right and that's and that's a lot of reason why we have a maternal crisis as it is, because people don't respect black women's pain.
Speaker 1: And as a black woman, you should be the first one to align with exactly exactly. So, but the thing is, we have to take into consideration that though she is a black woman, she was also indoctrinated by this white system. So that's why she still sees it how they teach it. She had a I saw a video where one of her old patients went live and said that her son has h delayed in learning, and she's she's she's trying to stem it back to you know, her pregnancy and when she had her son, said she was in labor for three days and then uh, she ended up having to have an emergency sea section. Her heart rate, the baby heart rate was dropping the whole time, and she didn't see doctor Jackie in to the very end. And now what I did research is that doctors don't get paid if they aren't in the room when you have the baby. So baby asking women to hold on, hold up a sec People scheduling unnecessary sea sections because they want to go on vacation and shit. So you want all your mothers to do You want to get all the women out the way so you can go have a life. We got to remember that being a doctor is still a fucking job. People get tired of going to work, but you have people's lives in your hands. You you It's just a difference. It's not the same as working at the fucking message. Okay, right in your life. But Devin, if you don't get right, you think you could come in next Thursday. What you know? And you know, I believe that doctors intentionally keep cutting black women. We get a lot of unnecessary sea sections. Bitch, I don't have a baby, and I got a sea section me too, unnecessarily too. You know what I'm saying. I could have had microscopic, yeah, surgery, liposcopic, liposcopic is what they call them. Yeah, I could have gotten that as opposed to you cutting me open. But I feel like they like to scar black women. So that's a whole other episode. Child anyway, And I don't don't have to say after that shit move, let's move home.
Speaker 2: Hey, a woman suits and Dennis who allegedly performed eight crowns and four root canals and twenty feelings in one visit, leaving her disfigured. Now who'ld have that's first of all, your first mistake was not brushing your teeth ever in life to need all of this shit at one time. And then the second mistake was get your dinnis off group on because you had to get your Dinnis off group on.
Speaker 1: To do this, like see I do I do. I definitely get those fifty dollars cleaning. Let's be very clear. I do not pay podental because I got their teeth, So I just get my fifty dollars cleanings I need.
Speaker 2: You want write, I'll go to no fifty dollars Dennis, girl, you're gonna mess around and come out with veneers when you had the last what don't go to no fifty dollars person clean your tea.
Speaker 1: I just paid four hundred dollars in the office. That's just well. If you need a deep cleaning, then they'll, you know, they'll let you know, like, hey, we can do this today, but you need to come back for a deep cleaning. But just like a simple cleaning. Why am I spending all that money. I don't like to do X rays because I'm not putting that fucking radiation in my goddamn body by no X ray. So just clean me up and let me go on. By my way. The guy had very nice, fine ass black man. Okay, off groupon don't be very clear.
Speaker 2: I'm going for your teeth. Your teeth are too pretty to play with. Limb like that, you're gonna be writing.
Speaker 1: An article with this lady, and as a former you're gonna be in the days article lady going to that fifty dollars holla. Okay, when I saw this article, I definitely was thinking about me, and that guy that I went to was not off of groupon. This is my regular dentist when I was living in South Carolina, and this is why I have TMAG teeth TMJ today from dental work from having my mouth open so fucking long doing too many feelings at one time. So I can only imagine how fucked up this lady's mouth is because my shit has been fucked up since two thousand and eight. My job has been clicking, and it's no remedy for it. Well, I started going to the chiropractice for it, but now I can kind of massage it out if it gets inflamed itself. But yeah, like it's the lifelong. Just a lot of times you can't even sue doctors. Surreal, man, you gotta damn that die and your family got to sue for your death when they fuck your shit up. But nothing occurred to her that.
Speaker 2: When he was gonna when he told her I'm doing all of this at once, Like maybe we should split this into three different appointments. This is a lot of shit, yeah, like eight crowns, four root canals in twenty feelings.
Speaker 1: Just get it's been some dishes.
Speaker 2: He should just took all her teeth out and just gave us a whole new mouth, because hmm, poor baby.
Speaker 1: I hope she feel better. She said every it said, every tooth in the in her mouth had decay, and she's suing for fifty thousand dollars fifty I mean, he probably that, ain't it. It seems like seems like he was trying to work a miracle. Yeah, in five hours, because that's how long she was in there, So for five hours she had all that shit done. I'm trying to figure out why he went to school. Did he go to school?
Speaker 2: That might be that black boy that had that I best it's that young black boy from Florida who opened that practice.
Speaker 1: He was a doctor, a doctor Love, Dennis Love, doctor Love. The crazy thing about that boy, you know, he in prison right now for scamming. But the crazy thing about him is he had great reviews on his practice. He literally was healing people with love and doing referrals to other people in all kinds of shit. He was like, remember that movie with.
Speaker 2: Leonardo DiCaprio, Catch me if you can. He was a pilot, Yes, he was a doctor. He was an attorney.
Speaker 1: Same shit. But oh okay, now now hold on, now, hold on, now what that is based on the true story?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 1: And that white man ended up working for the FBI because he was making So why y'all keep putting this young black boy in prison? Right? Y'all should let him help y'all. He's nineteen years old. Yeah, yeah, y'all should let him do something like obviously he's talented. The nigga opened a whole practice. Where did he get the money from? He had a building, everything lazy good reviews. Look one more, one more, one more, this last, the very last, stupid news. All right, So influencer blasted for life hack plans to return use Christmas tree and people are calling her a horrible person.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: A life hack activist is being dragged online as a horrible person after promoting a controversial method of scoring a free Christmas tree in a popular TikTok video, a five second clip that has already racked up more than a quarter million views. My of the duo Mason and My can be seen stranding or excuse me, striding confidently through an unnamed store and picking up a box a box artificial tree from the shelves, before turning a around and walking away. All the shoe is beginning to look like a lot like Christmas. Blah blah blah blah. Anyway, this bitch returned the goddamn tree after Christmas? Don't a lot of people mean? Why I didn't. I didn't use it. I didn't use it. I didn't use it again, I don't.
Speaker 2: But she filmed it though, Yeah, I don't know why she thought this was a good idea to put on TikTok. But a lot of people be returning all kind of shit after Christmas?
Speaker 1: Right, that is so ghetto. It is ghetto. But she the first person they put. They put so much rasht shit on black people. You know, white people be wild. And do you see that viral video with the Marshalls and Charlotte, These white two white women are just casually walking out the front door with baskets of shit stealing. Nobody's stopping them, Yes, just casually stealing, Miss d D. They're not getting chased by random customers trying to be superheroes about another store. Shit. Nothing, They just walked out like it wasn't nothing. Meanwhile, when you see a bunch of black people bum rushing a Gucci store in the comments like, ah, these niggers, these people are so racist online, it's ridiculous. Dog, Yeah, it's ridiculous. So that stupid internet news for the day. Y'all listen, we hope everybody had a great Christmas. Okay, and New Year's is coming up. All right, this is our New Year's episode, so we want to talk about, you know, how do we plan for New Year's? Everybody always has have resolutions. Resolutions are not a bad thing. I think you should see them every year, even if it doesn't fall through. Just don't do it, shit, just do that shit. How you know that y'all will be back after this? Oh?
Speaker 2: You know that girl with the mean walking up the boxes with the bag and to be like walking into the new year, and the steps be like all the things she gonna.
Speaker 1: Change, the same fucking steps every year. Steps. She ain't been made it up four steps yet since twenty fourteen. And then she came out. I hadn't seen a new one. Yet I want to see what this one, So put my face on that bitch this year and post it because I see anything about about lace fronts on there. That's coming with us. All right, y'all we back, okay, and again we want to talk about new years. How do we plan for the new year? Do you have any things you do routinely when the new year is coming in? Like anything, anything you do really to prepare for the new year? Size from douching. I don't douche my pussy, first of all. Second of all, where that came from. You need a fresh stock. Make sure my house is clean and there's no dirty clothes in the house, because that's bad. Look.
Speaker 2: I make sure that a man is the first person to walk through the or after the new year. I make me a pot of greens and black.
Speaker 1: Eyed peas money.
Speaker 2: I used to take my Christmas t treat down. They say, don't let the new year come, but my shit stayed up to July last year. I might take it down this year because she was kind of rough this year, and it might have something to do.
Speaker 1: With that, but that's really it.
Speaker 2: I thank the Lord and Midnight for me seeing another year, and that's my only you know, real traditions.
Speaker 1: What about you? Same thing. I try to like assess my current year, how I want to show up next year. I always write down goals. Do I revisit them? Should be dusky. But I have a plan for this year doing some research in this episode, I think I got a plan to make sure I execute on all my I don't want to call them resolutions, all my things for next year. I got you another book, Chris, Bitch, another book for me to write my name. No, I'm a least less. One is different. I can't wait. I want you to.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to tell you what it is. I'm gonna just show it to you because this one is different. It's different than all the ones I've given you before. So you might like this one better because you're supposed to only use it on drugs. So what you're only supposed to write in it and you're high?
Speaker 1: You know what? I missed this on she Ona had a singing bowl meditation uh situation on Christmas Eve? No, not Christmas Eve, this is Saturday. I wish I could have gotten there in Columbia. I like saying I want to I want some fucking singing bowls. That would have been a good Christmas gift for somebody to get me at least one, but I don't really have. Uh oh. One thing I do do is go to fucking Michael's and buy one of them thirty dollars planners to write nothing in for the whole year. A plan A planner, Yeah, yeah, by an annual planner, and don't use it. I'm gonna do better this year, though, I can feel it. I can feel it.
Speaker 2: Man, We're gonna pull them out and we're gonna already feel it. Maybe you should get like a digital planner.
Speaker 1: For your phone.
Speaker 2: That might be better for you, because you don't like physically writing anything, y'all. You always make fun of me when I write down. You're like, look at her, prehistoric bitch with.
Speaker 1: A pen, Bitch, you literally write everything. No, but I do want to write more things down because that's where the magic comes from, actually writing shit down right, typing it. I don't think it works, that's good, So yeah, I want to start writing my shit down as well, bitch. But you lord, this bitch was like, let me go get my computer out the car and came back with a notebook. Bitch came back I loved right, and where's the laptop? Like I'm wanted. I had to go out and buy one for this shit because I just had an iPad. That was it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so that's it, just writing new shit down, getting a planner. Yeah, that's what I've been doing, and it hasn't worked.
Speaker 1: Of course, we always have resolutions about losing weighty New Year's resolutions, lose weight. I've actually started going to the gym and shit more, getting trying to get back on a routine the last month or so. So I'm set with that shit, bitch, because listen, I'm turning forty this year, y'all. Relations girl, now you are so happy for your girl, girl, Fuck you, girl, and I want to be in the best shape of my life for forty. Okay, that is that's what I got planned for twenty twenty four. But all right, so this is from Foes dot Com. Y'all. It says many people will make New Year's resolutions, However, the majority will also fail to achieve them, but making resolutions is still a good idea with plenty of positive effects. Okay. It says most popular New Year's resolutions are about self improvement, living healthier, twenty three percent of people getting happy twenty one percent of people. That might be one of my resolutions. I'm not not happy, but I want to be happier, Okay, losing weight the twenty percent of people exercise and more seven percent. Five percent of people want to stop smoking, two percent want to reduce drinking. It doesn't say stop drinking, reduce drinking, and it as an addition, people resolve to meet career or job goals sixteen percent and improve their relationships eleven percent. But it says only eight percent of people out of that big pie will actually exactly will actually meet their resolutions by the end of the year. So yeah, still setting a resolution is still a good thing, right, So Number one, you have to have intention. Being honest with yourself about your current condition and the distance to your preferred situation is key to improvement and being intentional about how you want to grow and develop what help you achieve results. This intentionality will also contribute to your happiness and fulfillment. When you're moving forward with clear direction, you make a positive contribution to your emotional and mental health. So this is one of the reasons why you should, you know, still go ahead and set resolution and ways to follow through with them. Hope and engagement. Making New Year's resolutions is inherently hopeful and optimistic. You expect things can get better for you, for your work experience, or your community. This positive view of future, in turn, tends to evade action. If you don't believe tomorrow can be better, you're unlikely to take steps to improve yourself or your community. So optimism is doubtly beneficial, contributing to your own mental health, but also engaging you towards positive action, which has which has an effect on those around you. Okay, responsibility, bitch? Why you saying that to me? I'd be responsible. It's as most news resolutions have some impact on others, even if they are about individual self improvement. But you know, when you start doing better, a lot of times, if people really fuck with you, it kind of offering everybody else. Right, I agree? Improving yourself affects your families, friends and colleagues and communities. Your resolution to get healthy will keep you around longer for your family and friends. Your resolution to start procrastinating, that's one of mine, bitch. Okay, Well, contribute to a positive team dynamic with your coworkers and we ain't talk about work. I'm not talking about work as no goddamn resolution. What is wrong with y'all? Well, some people trying to get that money up. Yeah, but I think a lot of people probably want to start their own business so they can get underneath from underneath somebody. You're still always gonna have to work, right, but you want to get from underneath somebody else.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get up under somebody in twenty twenty four. I want to I want you're trying to be a dependent. I want me a husband.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Okay, you want a husband for New Years? What do you do? Not for New Years?
Speaker 2: But in twenty twenty I don't want to twelve o'clock like I ain't. No, I don't want that. I just I just want everybody be in my comments. Like when I post my little whole pictures, they'd be like.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you ain't got no man. Believe it, bitch, I ain't got one. I don't have. It's not that I couldn't like I couldn't have a nigga.
Speaker 2: Let's let's be clear. It just gotta be the right one, you know. I don't want just just a nigga. I want my I want what God has for me.
Speaker 1: So so why did you refer to it as a whole picture? Because do you think your future husband wants to know that you post not a whole picture.
Speaker 2: I just had on some biker shorts and I get sexualized by people with because of my body type.
Speaker 1: So that's why I called it that. But it's not a whole picture. You know. It ain't even a thirst trap.
Speaker 2: Because I mean, it's not like if I if I was really trying a thirst trap, I would post like bathing suit and ask out Kim K's type pictures.
Speaker 1: But I don't post that kind of stuff. I could talk, I could go there, you know I could, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I can have on the same biker shorts that somebody smaller than me has on, but you know, I just get sexualized because of it.
Speaker 1: Your husband is watching big well, I hope he liked my pole. All right, So now this is this is the one I need to help me write. So this is four steps to write a New Year's resolution. Okay, So if you're wondering, how do you even begin to like, how do you even start to you know what you want to do? Right? You know how you want to be. How do you even get it together to formulated with the fucking pen and pad? This is what I'm doing this year. So it says four steps to write New Year, your New Year's resolution. This is from language tool dt dot org. Okay, hold on, okay. So number one says focus on your goals. You might be tempted to work on two, three, even five resolutions this upcoming year, and that's the problem for me. I do be having too many resolutions narrow You really just need to pick like one, like one real one, right and even even if, like, let's say you have financial goals for the next year, break it down into three like sub goals, right like, so you can achieve each one to make up the whole goal. It says, But instead of giving a small percentage of your effort to several goals, it's better to give one hundred percent to just one. Ask yourself, what is my priority? Then make that your resolution for the year. And if you have numerous priorities you want to accomplish, at least focus on one of them at a time. Once you've completed one, move on to the next. Remember, our brains aren't great at multitasking. I get overwhelmed if I try to do too many things at one fucking time, and then I just don't do nothing. Yeah, so I can write down five things I need to do for today, and I'm gonna feel right. It's gonna been bitch and bitch and don't let nobody called me to add me some ship, ask some ship to my list that they need me to do for them. Like I'm really like discombobulated at that point, Like, oh, you're not ruin my but I tell you it's okay to tell people. Know absolutely, Yeah, I don't have a problem telling people. No, girl, I don't. My mom says I'm selfish for that, but you know, I'd rather say that's just resentment towards people because you did some ship you didn't want to.
Speaker 2: They will say selfish, like it's such a bad thing. It's okay to be selfish sometimes, you know, sometimes selfishness is necessary because you'll be stressed so thick you ain't got time for yourself.
Speaker 1: So yep. And then the people who are used to you saying yes, they only call you because they know you're gonna say yes. People don't call people they know don't call me. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Listen if you call me asking for ship, but let me be your last resort because I will help you come up with all the other options before me on the phone.
Speaker 1: Shane, all Right. Number two says split the major goal into smaller goals. So I said that, once you've decided on a resolution, split it into smaller, easier to achieve goals. For example, the thought of writing a book might stop you in your tracks, but it'll seem much more attainable if you tell yourself to write one chapter a month. Now, that is one of my goals, y'all.
Speaker 2: I want to have the two scripts I've been writing for the last two years completed by June. And I also want to have a book that I've been writing since twenty eleven completed by June. Yeah, I have a book that I want to finish by my birthday. That's going to be my birthday gift to the world.
Speaker 1: This book for kids.
Speaker 2: It's a children's book, so it ain't even a lot, but it's so cute. I can't wait to tell the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, finish it. We're doing big things this year, okay. Number three says, decide on which actions you'll have to take. Once you decide on a goal, think about the specific actions you'll have to take to help you reach it. Let's stick to writing example. Let's stick to the writing example. There's much more to writing a book than composing it. You also have to take time to brainstorm, research, outline, write drafts, edit, and proofread. You can think of actionable steps required for just about any goal. Do you want to run faster, You'll have to also take time to stretch, eat an optimal diet, and strength train to support your leg muscles. So y'all know, y'all can get people to help you write. So I think this year I am definitely going to team up with somebody to help me finish write in the book at least. And I did purchase so this is my already started my little steps to do my thing. I purchased final Draft, which is an Adobe product for writing scripts and other people can log in and write with you. So maybe I'll even get a writing partner for that, which I have somebody in mind. I need to illustrate as well. That's what I need for my book because I don't want to just go on fiver. Oh yeah, I could use fiber good thinking a j gotta use fiber for every fucking thing. Okay, Uh, set a schedule. Now that you have a list of actions you can take to help you achieve your resolution, it's time to create a detailed schedule. It should look something like this. If I want to write a book by writing one chapter a month, I'll have to write for one hour two times a week. I'll take one additional day of the week to brainstorm and research and the other day to edit and proofread and other. So you're just breaking down each tasks so that you can exactly makes sense. Mm hmm. All right, So those are the four steps. So the four yeah, the four steps that language dot org Language two gives for you to set your New Year's resolutions. Like just examples. Also with the book writing, if that's an example, if that's a goal that you have, break it down in that way. So this is how you set your resolutions. How do you keep the resolutions? Though? That part?
Speaker 2: Because that bitch be walking up them stills since twenty fourteen, and I'm that bitch. I've been trying to lose the same twenty pounds since twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Me too, girl, Okay, and I feel like I didn't really eat that much for Christmas and stuff, even for Thanksgiving neither. But it's like the damn weight just won't leave me. It won't stay off, up, it won't stay off. I think they're trying to force people to get on those zimpick dog. I really think that. Let me tell you why. I keep seeing these posts. They're on Instagram, but they're TikTok posts from people saying like they're showing videos of obese people and then the narrator would come back on screen and be like, that person's dead, and then another fat person to show up on the thing, and then they'll come back that person's dead, and it's multiple creators doing this. I'm like, yo, are they just are they trying to force people to wait loss? Like, damn, what kind of algorithm you are? That's pretty dark. One of the videos, a couple of the videos people actually sent me like what are y'all trying to say? The fuck? But it's so fucked up. I'm like, are y'all trying to force people on this? I don't know, but and I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I've seen people where people have died from Ozmpic and I've absolutely O somebody who got really sick and was hospitalized from that shit.
Speaker 1: So it's just not They already have all the class action lawsuits ads out here because it's given pancreatic cancer. Uh some stomach shit, yeah, arable irritable bowel syndrome, and all types of others stomach cancer. I got enough shit fucked up with me. I don't need to add no new shit by trying to get said.
Speaker 2: For forty pounds when I can just stay the fuck I am or lose it naturally get somebody else to do it like.
Speaker 1: I'm fine either way. But yeah, I want to be I look at these fifty sixty year old ladies on Instagram who be like real, super fit seventy year olds. They look amazing, minimal wrinkles. You know what I'm saying, Because what you are, what you eat. I want to be like that. Yeah. I don't want to do it the easy way. I don't. I want it to be sustainable likewise. All right, so listen, y'all, this is ten steps to help you keep your New Year's resolutions. Okay, all right, so be realistic. I know y'all like to hallucinate a lot. Be realistic. The sortest way to fall short of your goal is to make to make your goal unattainable. For instance, resolving to never eat your favorite food again is setting you up to fail. Instead, strive for a goal that is attainable, such as avoiding it more often than you do. Of your favorite food is so that is not Food's a nose supplement.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, So what's my favorite food? Like football buns with the icing down in the middle.
Speaker 1: I have not, girl, I had that shit in like since the beginning of it. You love the football, because I know I do.
Speaker 2: I do love those pastries, but I haven't had It's like, what is a football bun?
Speaker 1: Y'all? Don't listen to I show if you don't know.
Speaker 2: What that is.
Speaker 1: I like these little I like Asian pastries, right, they have like the little coconut cream and coconuts sprinkle all on it and it's just cream down the middle of a football. Big ass, but in football that no one person should be eating by themselves. Yeah, I like those. She brought me to them. I was like, what kind of pastry is this? I ain't never seen. It was delicious though she put it in the oven. But maybe like for your resolution, split it in half. Split whatever you love in half with somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can still have it, but share next time instead of bringing two football bus will have won and cut it.
Speaker 1: In half exactly. Okay. Plan Ahead Number two says, don't make your resolution on New Year's Eve. If you wait until the last minute, it will be based on your mindset that particular day. Instead, it should be planned well before December thirty first arrives. And that's what I've started doing. I already started jotting down all the things I uh would like to change for twenty twenty four. Okay, So y'all don't wait until December twenty first. What shit by the time this episode come out is gonna be well, December twenty first has already got on. So December thirty first, y'all know. Oh my god, y'all, don't wait until December thirty first. Okay, start today, or it might be too late by the time this episode comes out. But anyway, first year, it'll be like the twenty eighth, so they'll still have time. Yeah, So start when you hear this bitch outline your plan. Decide how you will deal with the temptation to skip that exercise class, or have the piece of cake. This could include calling on a friend for help. That's accountability partners, practicing positive thinking and self talk, or reminding yourself how your bad behavior will affect your goal. Talk to yourself, bitch.
Speaker 2: I have a screen saver that says what's more important to you? The body you've always wanted or this slice of cake right now? But it ain't work, so I don't know, y'all might could try stuff like that. I was sitting the cake on top of the screeze.
Speaker 1: Not you using a phone as a plate. That's a sad ship, bitch. We ain't doing that no more. We ain't doing it no more. Man, that shiit over with. It's over with, it's overweight. You're about to have the best body. That's like. It got me a mini step for y'all, should get yall one. I did order one coming next week. It looks like it's easy, though. Legs burning on that beach when you put the resistance on. You know, because I like the AMT machine at the gym, which is an adaptive motion trainer, and it's sort of just like that. It got like an elliptical glow. I know what you're talking about also like a step. Yeah, and listen in an hour sixty minutes, not even sixty minutes, I'm burning seven hundred calagies on that machine. Mm hmm. Yeah, all right. So Number four says make a pros and cons list. It may help to see a list of items on paper, on paper, y'all, to keep your motivation strong, develop a list over time and ask others to contribute to it. Keep your list with you, and refer to it when you need help. Keeping your resolve okay, talk about it. I'm good at this. This is one thing I want to change, though. I don't want to talk about things anymore and not actually execute. So I'm keeping all my shit asorry from what I already shared today, right to myself until everything is done. But this says to talk about it, though, because you know, you kind of force other people to hold your accountable. That's why we don't like when somebody be like, and you just said you was on a dime to get married. Mind your business. Don't your screen saber say no, you're not eating cake, shut bitch. But it does say talk about it. Number fives don't keep your resolution a secret. Tell friends and family members who will be there to support your resolve to change yourself for the better or improve your health. The best case scenario is to find a buddy who shares your new year's resolution and motivate each other again accountability partners.
Speaker 2: As always, I love to post in close friends. That's where I post like my fitness journey. I always posted in my close friends because I feel like those are the people who are rooting for me. I don't post it for everybody, right.
Speaker 1: M yep, Reward yourself. This doesn't mean that you can eat an entire box of chocolates. If your resolution is to eat better, eat a better diet. Instead, celebrate your success by treating yourself to something you enjoy that doesn't contradict your resolution. If you have been sticking to your promise to eat better, for example, reward yourself with new fitness clothing, or by giving excuse me, or by going to a movie with a friend. So yeah, don't reward yourself with kid. It's like if you're trying to quick coke, don't reward yourself with some crack girl. I just feel like you're gonna sniff cocing. I don't say that. Don't you speak that over me, Ricky Bobby. I just feel like that's what we had in that because, bitch, you not mentioned coke twice? What's up? That's all in your mind. I don't know why. Co co co Cooke, Coke Cooke? Remember that on Instagram? It is like, but you got co co coke on your brain.
Speaker 2: I've never tried. I don't have any desire to try it anymore. So people have ruined that.
Speaker 1: I distinctively remember, y'all. Bitch, it's just a few months ago talking about if the world coming to like zombie apocalypse or something, y'all would be sniffing coked. Yeah, why not? Just like fucking no, bitch, I'm trying to live. I can't like run around high and laughing. And you try everything I never tried. Yeah, everything, shame mine? Well, all right. Number eight says don't beat yourself up. Okay, y'all, Obsessing over the occasional slip won't help you achieve your goal. Do the best you can each day and take it one day at a time. Now it is starting to sound like AA for Cokay, shut up, all right, y'all, we almost finished. Number nine says stick to it. Experts say it takes about twenty one days for a new activity to become a habit and six months for it to become part of your personality. It won't happen overnight, So be persistent and be patient. Be patient with yourself. Be easy on yourself with these resolutions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just give yourself some grace, man, Be kind to yourself, especially like especially if you have a diet goal or exercise goal. All right here, here's this lady's You're probably going to fuck up every now and then, But don't beat yourself up about.
Speaker 1: Just get back to it, you know, jump back on the wagon. And that's what number ten says. It says, keep trying. If you have totally run out of steam when it comes to keeping your resolution by mid February, don't despair. Start over again. Recommit yourself for twenty four hours. You can do anything for twenty four hours. Twenty four hour increments will soon build on each other, and before you know it, you will be back on track. Keep trying, Keep going, bitch, Keep walking up them steps with your bag on your shoulder. Oh, instead of taking the elevator, walk up the steps. Instead of looking for a parking spot in the front of the fucking target. Yes, go parking the very back when employees parking and walk, Yeah, walk your fat ass. I do that.
Speaker 2: To get them snacks, to get some car book sugar cookie that I'm gonna do it with six hundred calories in the cook.
Speaker 1: Yo. I mean, look, if you're going to go and get the snack just parking the pocket back of the parking lot. Shit, I'll cut some of the calories or I like to eat my calories. I'm not drinking or nothing with six hundred calor, but that should be so good, though, calories don't feel like that.
Speaker 2: Stupid Oh goodness, starbus. Don't get me talking about their drinks. I don't know if they six hundred calories, but I'm sure it's close to that.
Speaker 1: Easy way to say this.
Speaker 2: So I got a email from someone saying that they need some advice, and it says that this is from a male and he says he's thirty nine with no kids, single, untouched, and is willing and ready to cut up lustfulness one time.
Speaker 1: But he's so old and old fashioned and he's lost. What can I do? I don't even have me time. So what he's trying to get some pussy for the first time or son. I don't know. I was just about to say, is he asking you? Is he propositioning you to get some pussy for the first time? Untouched? That sounds like a vision, right, he wants you to pop his cherry lord lemon blue. Plenty of fish, You don't plenty of fish? Oh yeah, that's what if you're looking for the whole.
Speaker 2: I think you'll find that women will like that you're untouched. The type of women that go on plenty of fish is gonna like that.
Speaker 1: You will some untouched. They'll definitely touch it up really nice because the motherfucker's on plenty of fishes in heavy rotation. It's the same people chide, Okay, well, I hope you are. I don't know what the fun give him some advice. So your advice for him is just to get oh because he's at and have time. Right. So a lot of people who have careers and stuff like that, who don't have a lot of time to be social like in public, they do be on the dating websites. It's real popular. He might he might need to get that tender five right, but he's saying that he don't. He said he wants lustfulness he's not saying I want a wife. I want a relationship. He has, So that's why I said, plain of fishes where to go for or This almost sounds like how women like to lie in the City of virgin or lions they and have sex in a long time to make a nigga like like like, no, I don't want no dick that ain't had no pussy. Right, some people might be in today, no man untouched, untainted. He might need to go on Christian Mingo.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's a nice place to go. Go to Christian Mingo and meet you a nice young lady who's you know, also untouched you know, and y'all can touch each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get advice. I'd give him. God, bless you, brother, Praise, Praise the Lord. All right, y'all hit it aj hold on, Wait, you don't got no last words for twenty twenty four for them girls coming to an end? This is it my last words for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'll just say once again that I love y'all and I appreciate y'all for tunity in tell y'all friends and cousins and aunties and uncles about our show, because we're trying to get more money like Tarachi. So we need y'all help, you know, So we need y'all support. Y'all are like friends and family to us. It's like having a conversation with our sisters that aren't here.
Speaker 1: So thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Do your best to keep your resolutions for twenty twenty four. We want to see all of y'all do great things. We watching and that's all I got, Bitch, I don't know what you got.
Speaker 1: Let me see. I want everybody to reflect on their achievements this year, any growth they've had. Don't be so hard on yourself because we are all on a fucking roller coaster called life trying to drop our motherfucking ice cream. Okay, so chairs to the new year, new opportunities and experiences for twenty twenty four. I wish everybody the best of luck. I don't think this year is going to be any easier than twenty twenty. Yes it is. He gonna speak easiness over but but uh, I mean it's all relative. Right, Do your best, that's all you can do. Do your best and call us and book a consultation if you ever need anybody to talk to me. Okay, we're here, not twenty four hours a day, but we are here. If you got some shit on your mind that you can't talk to your homegirls about, well you could book it anytime during the day. We just ain't gonna respond. If it's late, you might not hear back.
Speaker 2: It's a real problem called not one one, not us, because we ain't gonna get.
Speaker 1: To you to the next day, baby son stupid. All right, y'all, man for real, Happy new Yeah, okay, And if you enjoyed this episode, tune in next year okay, twenty twenty four on your iHeartRadio app. Subscribe to We Talk Back on iHeartRadio app okay, and Apple podcast. You can listen now completely add free, So do that in twenty twenty four of us, Thank you all right, y'all. This is your co host AJ Holiday two point zero on Instagrams, kick a ting, y'all, I love y'all, I love y'all. I love y'all.
Speaker 2: Remember to speak now or hold your resolution no never, never, bitch, We're doing all the things in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Let's be clear, all right, y'all, We love you. Bye.