Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my name is Nol. They call me Ben.
Speaker 3: We're joined as always with our super producer Alexis, code named Doc Holliday Jackson. Most importantly, you are here. That makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. It is Thursday, sometime in June. We're hoping this usually comes out on a Thursday. We're so glad that you have joined us, fellow conspiracy realist. We are going to hear from you. We've got some letters from home. We've got some updates on things that Big Chicken doesn't want you to know. As a joke for our Atlanta friends, we also have we also have some breaking news that we will share as well. Most importantly, we've got some messages from you, and we'll get into those right now or after a well. We're doing cold open style. This is our cold open.
Speaker 2: And we've returned. We are jumping to the phone lines off the bat. Here to a message that guys sausage McMuffin needed to tell us something. It was very important. It was about a conversation we were having, and I guess we left something out either by omission or like me, forgot about it until the old McMuffin said, Hey, remember this is it?
Speaker 4: Wait? Soft note?
Speaker 3: Is it like when I talked about the Atlanta water main break and we didn't talk about how Atlanta had spent millions of dollars on cop city instead of fixing infrastructure.
Speaker 4: Maybe you did kind of leave that one in your back pocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well we also left this out, and let's go to the message.
Speaker 5: Hi, uh this is a sausage McMuffin and uh Southern California and uh feel free to use this over the air, just in the middle of your most recent listener mail and Noel. The scariest part for me in the movie Pet Cemetery was and always will be Zelda has always taking the cake. And just now thinking about Zelda in that bedroom has given me the HEV TV and H For any of you people out there that haven't watched the movie or read the book, do yourself a favor and do both take care, love the show, keep doing what you're.
Speaker 4: Doing some mean spirited little movie that what spoke to you about this?
Speaker 3: Aside from sausage bik muffin, actual.
Speaker 2: I hadn't seen pet cemetery since I was a kid, and I thought, what is Zelda the sister a bedroom? I have no idea what you're talking about, sausage McMuffin. So then I did a little search on ye old internets and the beat well, well, the Google came back and just reminded me of this image that I'm sharing with you guys right now.
Speaker 3: Jesus not as scary as the book. Yeah, the book is frightening. I think it's one of the I believe the author, Stephen King, still to this day, describes it as the book that terrified him the most. He wrote the thing sausage and he himself, the author actual, will not read the book.
Speaker 4: Wow, he showed her and like I think his publisher or his wife maybe convinced him to publish it. But it is it's it's about weapons. I think the closest thing that I could compare it to in today's kind of cinema is Hereditary. Hereditary deals with the weaponization of grief and loss and how it makes you go insane. Uh, and in a very similar way. But there's similarly bleak movies where nothing good happens to anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we recommend you head on over to Stephen King dot fandom dot com and look up Zelda Goldman who is that character and just learn about her and her spinal lameningitis that she suffered from and how that affected her and the family.
Speaker 4: Was played by a large, lanky dude by the way, uh, wearing a wig. Just just that's maybe it doesn't age just quite so well.
Speaker 3: What's the old line from John Lovett's acting, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, Andrew huba Stek I think is how you say his name?
Speaker 3: That bub Steak is entirely as we know based upon Andrew's appearance in Pet Cemetery's film Wrecked a Lot.
Speaker 4: Of Kids Man Wrecked a Lot of Kids.
Speaker 3: Also, that is a great point sausage mcmuffet for any fans of horror. Stephen King recently published his latest horror anthology, or I should even at this point just a fiction anthology called You Like It Darker? Just finished it amazing.
Speaker 4: Really good. It's super It seems like he's been coasting a little bit lately. That's good to hear. I'm really glad to hear that. If I could just add one little thing. Recently, we did a bunch of videos and then I did one of the videos and I did it was a review for this that I really enjoyed called I Saw the TV Glowing, which is all about like the memory and the way we look at like the pop culture when we're kids, and things that scare us, and how sometimes when you revisit them later as adults, they look cheap and stupid and gaudy. That is how I felt about Stephen King's made for TV adaptation of it when I was a kid. That gave me hellacious nightmares, hellish even I couldn't sleep. I was terrified Pennywise was gonna come to get me. There's a scene where like blood comes out of a drain. I has found it absolutely nightmare fuel watched it with my kid about five six years ago. They laughed at it the whole time, and I was just like, this is not what scared me. It couldn't be so memory to help a thing by pets cemetery still scares me.
Speaker 2: That one holds up it most certainly does you know what else holds up?
Speaker 4: Guys? Tell us what's that, Matt.
Speaker 2: Groups of people that want to influence others to give them thousands and thousands of dollars. Culture into the next message, which comes to us from tree Forts.
Speaker 6: Here we go, Hey, guys, this is tree Forts. Feel free to use this on air or not. But I'm actually listening to some stuff from back in at the beginning of April talking about the two by two cult and a couple of the other ones. I got another one for you. There is a cult in the city of Ashland, Oregon, called the Twin Ray Cult. It's not there. They are the type of cult who doesn't want to be called the cult. Obviously that's how that works. But Ashland does a very small, small community of pretty wealthy and important people in Oregon. But there's a lot of weird stuff going on that I think you guys should look into. If you guys want to use this on airth that's totally fine, and I hope you guys have a good rest of your day.
Speaker 2: There we go another cult, guys, Now, I want to make sure everyone heard tree Forts correctly. There it is Twin Ray t W I N no space r A Y. If you want to look this up, and it is in the in the city of Ashland A S H L A N D in Oregon.
Speaker 4: Guys. Yeah, did the immediate.
Speaker 2: Google search and something came up from a local outfit over there called op B and they've got we've got an article here titled the Twin Ray Mystery. A spiritual group in Ashland raises eyebrows and worries.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love the point that you're bringing up there. I love the point you're bringing up there. Three forts. Yes, they do not want to be described as a cult. Few cults do. They're a what they call themselves, matt, a global tribe.
Speaker 2: Sure, that's a really good way to put it. A global tribe of like minded individuals, all striving for ascension.
Speaker 4: Hm.
Speaker 2: This sounds good to me, guys. One of the reasons that they were I guess learned about or known about is because they opened a store like a brick and mortar store where they sold stuff called living water for one hundred and eleven dollars apiece.
Speaker 3: One hundred and eleven dollars US.
Speaker 2: That is United States currency. Oh yeah. It was on main street of this smallish town called Ashland, as about twenty one thousand people living in it, and this this place is weird. It was gold flecked the living water, so there was gold flakes in it of some sort, and it was supposed to have some kind of spiritual effect on you. And also when you went in the store. There's all kinds of what is being described here by O. P. B and the writer Lee L E A H sotal S O T T I L e Uh. They're saying it's a it was a new age store, right do you go into there's probably I haven't seen the inside of it besides a couple of pictures, but there's definitely some crystal formations in there, some really cool paintings and art, and you could go in there and buy your water, and man, it.
Speaker 4: Looks really interesting.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm I'm looking at the website here and what I'm what I'm seeing just from their official website tree Forts and Matt and Nolan Codenay doc and all of us. I'm seeing the use of a term I don't quite understand, bioceuticals, like the water contains flex of gold, but then also something called bioceuticals which allegedly impact mood in a positive way.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds nice. That sounds really nice. Let's see, I'm on their store right now, Treasures dot Twinay dot com, and they've got the super six. It's what they're advertising here. At least it's got let's see, it's got immortal, monotomic, cosmic clay, galactic gaia times two, enlightened earth trybiotic and biozymes. What is this stuff? What is it says? I'm just gonna read this verbatim here on the website. This is not an ad embark upon a powerful journey with our divine human bioceutical thirty day daily detox that is designed to perform a deep cellular cleanse, rejuvenate your cells, reconfigure your connection to your body, to the earth, ground, your energies, and awaken the life force within your organs.
Speaker 3: I think the FDA would approve of all of those terms because they are not legally defined nor enforceable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they kind of don't really mean anything to be rude.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I don't know about you, guys. My organs definitely have a bit of a glow to them.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sorry that I don't mean. You're right, I don't mean to be rude. It sounds really nice. It sounds otherworldly and powerful, right, and it sounds like these particular whatever they are, This cosmic clay which is I don't know. It says it's a radiant blue substance on Earth found to be thirty million years old. That may just be the antidote for the superbug warfare of today, may just be it's the only clay in the world to date that is one hundred percent antibacterial and antipathogenic. Cool tight, awesome, I guess I just don't understand a lot of the stuff, and I'm confused a bit by the website here. It says that they've got an academy, guys I linked to it. In there, they've got a Twin Ray Academy where you can sign up for a Mystic Mentorship and a Solar monthly bundle that is three hundred and thirty three dollars for two courses. Then you can get a Mystic Mentorship Solar annual bundle, which I guess is paying on a yearly basis, which includes three courses, and that one is three thousand, three hundred and thirty three dollars. So there's some numerology going on in here, obviously, right, the threes are very important. There's also a gold status that you can get, which I don't know. I don't know what that entails. I'm a bit afraid to click on it, but I will.
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 2: Oh, it looks like nothing was found at this location. Okay, never mind, never mind, got a page error.
Speaker 3: What we can say is, of course, the thing that we feel ethically bound to declare in any exploration of what we will call non mainstream religious movements. Right, that's a diplomatic term. If you are not doing harm to people, believe what you wish, and live as you wish to live, die as you wish to die. However, the accusations here, Matt, from some of the sources you shared, some of the things I'm finding here, they appear to indicate that this movement has been accused of forcing financial harm upon people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least that's what has been written thus far.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a bit strange. You can find their Instagram page, which, if you want to look it up, it is Twinreay dot official. That's at least the name that pops up. Well, I guess the user that pops up the name is Akasha E. Sonata, which is interesting. If you watch some of the reels that they have posted on there, you will find and I don't know their names, but I'm definitely seeing a man that is wearing kind of white and light colored clothing and sometimes a hat and has a long beard us dash into long hair and looking I would say quite messionic.
Speaker 3: It looks like according to a couple of pieces from local press, it looks like it's co founded by son and Daji, maybe the person you're describing the messionic looking dude and Shikena Ma, who is the co founder and appears to share a very similar aesthetic.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: I wonder what their given names actually were. That's something we can find out later. Fascinating stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: What do you think tree Fort's find out some more info. Send it our way. We haven't been up to that part of Oregon in some time, so you know, give us some info. We'll find out more. Is there a cool religious movement that's happening near you? Why don't you write to us and tell us all about it? Send us a voicemail however you want to contact us. At the end of the episode, you'll learn how For now, stick around for more messages from you.
Speaker 4: And we are back with another message from U. YESU, that's you, Chicken Nato. I picked this email against my better judgment, for as you all know, I am in fact deathly a feared of birds, on specifically chickens. I was once chased by a chicken. I did survive, Thank you for asking. But they freak me out. Man. They're like weird, creepy dinosaurs that somehow still are on this planet. I do enjoy eating their flesh, but yeah, I don't particularly like like seeing them. They come at you, man, tweaky little guys. But this is not about This is not a story about Nole's fear of birds. This is a story with an insider perspective on factory farming, which is also really scary. They let her goes like this. You can call me code name Chicken Nato from Oklahoma. I've been listening to your podcasts for a while. It's great to pass the time at work. I haven't listened to all of them yet. After all, it's a huge catalog. That's true. I caught the feed Gate stuff involving the chicken feed plus birds not laying. That was all the rage last year in the chicken forums, which is apparently a thing. Of course, it is forums for everything, so I know you have some interest in agriculture. For a tiny bit of background, I grew up rural. My family raised beef cattle before the market became terrible for small family farms, as in lucky to break even. Now I do bantam chickens, lots of them, and provide my community with fresh, sustainable eggs from flocks that follow best practices. So my info for you on what they don't want you to know is that the labels you see on a lot of animal goods in the store don't mean what you think they mean. A lot of times. For example, if you go look at eggs, you'll see some options like cage free or free range, and quite often the cartons will have some kind of image that indicates happy chickens out on a large field. This is compounded by how lots of homesteaders and backyard keepers use terms to describe their setups. This means we have two definitions for the same thing, homesteader, backyard flocks, hobbyists, etc. Free Ranging flocks are loose in a large open area in your yard, the pasture or whatever, there's grass and other green things, and they get to run around in it. Commercial operation, according to the USDA, chickens labeled free range must have had access to the outside. There's no stipulation, however, of how large that space must be, or how long they need access, or the quality of it. It could be just a tiny space on a concrete slab a few chickens can crowd into a few minutes per day and still get that sweet, sweet free range label. There's also a third label I'll cover just because I'm sure someone will bring it up. Certified Humane free range, which does have the requirement of at least two square feet per bird of outdoor access for at least six hours a day. Sounds great if big if you know nothing about best practices guidelines for chickens. Best practices require that standard chickens need a minimum of ten square feet per bird in their run the outside portion of their housing. Even bantam chickens need at least four square feet per bird. There's actually nothing humane about the label, once you are aware how grossly substandard this is for space requirements. The label people think they are buying when they get free range is called pastured. Just for people's info if they are upset to learn they've been supporting poor animal welfare practices. Okay, so that's the one you want making a note of that there. And this is just one example. If you look around at any of the AG products marketed directly to buyers, you'll see tons and tons of this misleading stuff. And cows, a lot of the labels say grass fed instead of pastured, because they weren't on pasture, they were in a feed lot and fed. Hey. The example just keep going on and on, and I think a lot of people not directly involved in AGG don't really know about these things, since every time I've spilled the beans about it to NONAG people, they are shocked and appalled. As an endinote, I'd like to give everyone the advice that getting fresh farm goods is a lot easier, cheaper and accessible than you might think. Agreed, oh a million percent, And we'll get into that in a second. Anyone who has even six chickens has more eggs than they know what to do with. Offer to buy a few dozen. Look around on local Facebook groups or even apps like farmish. I often find stuff much cheaper than at grocery stores. This way ps have included the photos of my since you guys say you like pet photos. These are bantam chickens, which are basically miniature versions of the standard breeds. Wow in a wealth of information. That is an actionable email from Chicken Nato, and I can attest despite my misgivings about chickens, these are cute chickens. And I may mentioned this on the show before, but my partner used to raise chickens herself and had one named Martha and one named Snoop. You know, because of Martha and Snoop. They used to kick it together or whatever. But guys, remember when we went to that chicken guy's place in his backyard when we shot some videos and I got scared and ran away like a little little baby.
Speaker 2: I remember it vividly. I remember the feel of their pecks on my.
Speaker 4: Hand as I fed them. It was awesome. I don't want to come off down named privileged here, but I mean, I think even it's probably even more common in less metro areas to have farmers' markets, you know, on the weekends or whatever certain times of the year. But I'm here in Atlanta. We have access to all kinds of farmers' markets. In the summer, there's you know, Atlanta is a metro area, but right you go a couple hours outside the city, or even an hour, you're in farmland, baby. I mean there's tons of ag operations, family owned farms, and what Chicken Nato is saying is absolutely correct. You can get a dozen eggs for very little money, much cheaper than the grocery store, and they're just better eggs, man, They're so good. The shells even have this like unique quality to them. They're not as homogenized looking. They all kind of have little different characteristics, and you know, just getting fresh, you can get a whole chicken, you know, from one of these same types of farmers markets, and it is some of the best, you know, roasted chicken you'll ever have in your life. And the eggs are just fabulous.
Speaker 2: And it's often not as expensive as some of the eggs that I've shopped for in the past, where I'm looking for some of these specific labels and they're you know, they're upwards of nine dollars a dozen, if not a bunch more.
Speaker 4: Well, now that we know these labels are bs too, it's even more kind of vexing, right.
Speaker 2: It makes a tough decision because you have to decide, Wow, all right, I'm gonna budget a significant portion of the amount of money that I thought I was going to spend on groceries, on eggs, which is generally one of the you know, the lower cost things that you're gonna buy, along with stuff like milk and butter and some of those essentials, those staples. It's just it's tough. You want to do it right, you then have to spend a bunch of money unless you're doing what Chicken Nato is suggesting here.
Speaker 4: And man and you chimed Dan. You know when I was reading the letter about how you agree that there are so many really amazing options that a lot of people might not think to eat farm fresh. Did you have any any thing I know you like to cook? Did you have any things that stood out to you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: First, Chicken Nato, thank you so much. You are on my list who reply to because I love, love, love the picture of the pictures I should say of your bantam brood. And you're absolutely correct about everything you mentioned here. For anybody who has not checked out our earlier episodes on the livestock industry in the US, and indeed, abroad, please give it a listen. It is unpleasant, but it is important and we must remember as well, especially conspiracy realist in the West, if you are familiar and dependent upon a grocery store. We're not saying go off the grid immediately, but we are saying, as Matt mentioned, please be aware of your options because you can, indeed not just prepare yourself for eventualities by establishing relationships with local farmers, with local livestock owners, you can also save a little bit of money in the short.
Speaker 4: Term you're here. I don't know. I don't have a a lot to add. I just thought this was just an email that I thought just so chock full of information that is actually actionable. And then that's you know we like to That's exactly the kind of stuff we like to share on listener mail. So maybe we make this a bit of a shorter one unless you guys had anything else to app.
Speaker 2: The only thing I had to add is the I've heard of like a local Facebook group for farmers, like right, if you want to reach out. I've never heard of farmers. Yeah, so I wanted to look that up really quickly and just give you know, people an idea of what maybe that is because I had no idea. Is it an app? Do we think?
Speaker 4: Seems like it's like a community farmersh local food and yeah, farmers marketplace app for local food and farms buy and sell homegrown produce, backyard chicken, eggs, honey plants, trees, garden supplies. So the kind of folks that would go and set up at a local farmer's market. This is probably a way of reaching out to them directly, which could be kind of cool.
Speaker 2: That is very cool. We are not sponsored by Farmish. Just put that out there.
Speaker 4: I'm just tapping. I didn't know it existed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems very cool.
Speaker 4: Well with that another action item there. Thank you for pointing that one out, Matt and getting us a look a little bit deeper. Yes, you can go to getpharmish dot com to check that out. Let's take a quick break, hear a word from our sponsor, and then come back with another piece of listener mail.
Speaker 3: And we have returned. Fellow conspiracy realist. We're gonna hear from Brian who says, hey, stuff, they don't want you to know team. By the way, I just thought this would be a fun way for us to explore something that's been on a lot of people's minds lately. Brian says, I have a long time listener and a first time contactor. You can call me Brett the hit Man. I just want to let you guys know you're doing a phenomenal podcast that always keeps me entertained while being informed about stuff they don't want you to know. So keep up the excellent work, Brian. Thank you from the bottom of our collective heart. Brian has an idea for a show and says, here's a bit of a backstory. My wife is a huge Taylor Swift fan. It was trying for months to get tickets to her US shows. We are in California. She didn't care where the show was. She was prepared to travel wherever to see Taylor Swift. Taylor has such a huge legion of swifties that they have to use a lottery type system to see if you can be selected for a chance to buy tickets. So I'm pausing here for a second. That means you have to win the opportunity to pay for the thing. Oh yeah, don't win the tickets, all right, to.
Speaker 4: Mention the airfare, hotel, whatever. If you're doing the destination version, because you gotta kind of diversify by trying for multiple locations.
Speaker 3: And Brian continues, this was going crazy because the people who got selected for the lottery would buy up all the tickets in mere minutes. Brian says, Fortunately, my wife got selected and was able to buy tickets for Taylor's show in Paris, France. And I'm paraphrasing here a bit, Brian. Brian says, Now we had never been across the pond, but for this concert it was a done deal. The reason why is because the cost of the concert tickets in Paris. Listen closely, guys loose where a fraction of what they were selling for in the United States might seem counterintuitive to a lot of us here in the US. To clarify, says Brian, we got four tickets in Paris for about five hundred dollars total, when tickets here in the US were being sold for over two thousand dollars each US dollars. Geez right. Luckily, Brian says, the trip was successful. This show was well worth it. Earlier this month, in May May of twenty twenty four, for anybody listening, you know, years in the future and Brian says, once we got back, I saw a news report that Ticketmasters be ensued because the US Justice Department, who allowed Ticketmaster Live Nation to merge years ago, is angry about it basically, and Ticketmaster Live Nation accused of having a stranglehold on ticket sales and the fees are way too ridiculous, so the USDOJ wants Ticketmaster Live Nation to break up so other ticket providers can have a chance to sell tickets without the unaffordable markup. As of this writing, and Brian wrote to us just yesterday as the crow flies, apparently thirty states have joined in with this lawsuit. And we did an episode on Ticketmaster earlier.
Speaker 2: Remember that, guys, totally way back in actually around this time. It's been almost exactly five years twenty nineteen in May, was it.
Speaker 4: Around the time of the merger.
Speaker 3: I think, to be quite honest and not sounding like self involved, I think I got pissed because I felt like I had to pay too much for a Ticketmaster thing. And maybe that's an experience we shared, but we definitely went went after just the facts about the monopolistic practices of Ticketmaster to a great deal in defense of the creators and bands that have to labor under that regime.
Speaker 4: It's so easy to get confused too, because since we started doing the listener mail and strange news stuff, sometimes having discussed something in one of those segments, I'm like, did we do an episode on that, because we've certainly talked about the merger, like what could go wrong? They'll be fine, right, They'll be good stewards of all of us, you know, hard working concert music lovers, fans. Right, it's all for the fans, right, Ticketmaster slash live Nation right right.
Speaker 3: One interesting part of that conversation that would love your take on, Brian is the idea that Ticketmaster is in some way paid to be the bad guy, paid to be the scapegoat. Right, Like, now we are a band, we're still making our money, or we're a performer some sort and we can say, look, it's not us, it's the system.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I wish you could just you know, I wish it could come for free. But because the big bad corporate guy, it's going to be three hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Why is this so much cheaper in Europe? Like I know that the euro is worth less than the dollar, and things do tend to be a little that just seems like wildly disparate. I'm interested is to is she not as popular over there? I don't know. It's very very interesting because I actually have my girlfriend or my partners that one of her best friends is mega mega swifty and did something almost identical, went to Paris for the first time, did just to see to see Taylor. All. We're sharing these kind of stories.
Speaker 3: You know, I know, and I'm sure many of us listening tonight knows someone who has practiced medical tourism. It's cheaper too. It's cheaper to visit a dentist in a different country with the same level of care than it is to visit someone in the United States. We wanted to you wanted to point this out because it is something we've explored the past. The results are apparent. The DOJ is moving, at least here in the States. I likewise was surprised by the price discrepancy. If you want to learn more, please go to the New York Times article US calls for breakup a Ticketmaster owner that is Live Nation Entertainment. Fantastic article just came out like a week ago by David McCabe and Ben Cesario. Shout Out Ben's and this looks like it will be a phrase we used earlier in Strange News and earlier tonight. It will be actionable, like there will be results from this, and you know, the main beneficiary is probably going to be I mean, it's not just the public, it's going to be beneficial for the performers as well. I would argue, does that sound off base?
Speaker 2: Not at all. I was looking at an article in Billboard that said tickets in Europe were something like a percent less, like cheaper than tickets in the United States to go see Taylor Swift specifically, and they're they're saying it's due to the regulatory environment, right and to kind of exist that we've talked about for other things like privacy over in European countries versus the United States, as well as a I would say, a healthy skepticism of the old ticket resale what do we call that? What we call ecosystem?
Speaker 4: There we go space, But I feel like they've cracked the code on that over there before we did, like in terms of like mitigating scalping. Because dear friend of the show casey Pegrim, talked about an experience he had going to see Radio had many years ago in Paris where he had to get his ticket and it required like multiple forms of identification. You couldn't transfer the ticket, you know, there were lots of stipulations. And when I just went to this prima Vero Sound Festival and in Spain you had to upload your passport and your passport to your ticket. I just feel like it's one of the many things that they kind of cracked over there before we've kind of figured it out over here, because it still seems like they're scalping opportunities over here. It's not. It's not as lockdown despite some sort of mild efforts on the part of you know, companies like Ticketmaster and folks, we.
Speaker 3: Would love to hear your thoughts in this regard. You know, we again we courted controversy when we did our ticket Master episode, but luckily we were prescient in that sense because just objectively, again there does appear to be a bit of a conspiracy afoot, and finally Uncle Sam also appears to agree with us. However, that's not the end of tonight's listener Mail program. I want to give a special shout out to James s over on Here's where it gets crazy. Our Facebook page who shared a fantastic article about active evolution. Urban foxes are evolving, proven Darwin's earlier theories. James links to an article from big think dot com. It's a fascinating read. It's from twenty twenty, but it's still pretty prescient. Just to give you a shout out, James, just to give everybody on here's where it gets crazy, a shout out.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We love the activity on that. I did want to end with one letter from home. This is the very end of listener mail. We like to just have a thing that's maybe not like a huge deal, but it's just a how you doing to conspiratorial prairie home companion. And this is where this is where we get a message from from someone we'll call street Genie because well you'll see why a steam gentleman, you can call me Street Genie. I recently consumed the listener mail segment regarding the tacos are sandwich is ruling, and I would like your opinion on a very important matter. Lasagna equals And this is in a layer. It's written so you see the layers starch, meat, cheese, starch, meat, cheese, starch, Street Genie says, big Mac equals starch, meat cheese, starch, meat cheese starch. Therefore, is the big Mac a lasagna?
Speaker 4: Is there nothing sacred?
Speaker 3: Street Genie, Street Genie.
Speaker 4: You you want to watch the world burn, don't you, Street Genie.
Speaker 2: Well, Street Genie, you've forgotten the lettuce in the main. Did you think about the lettuce or the special sauce?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: Now, now now?
Speaker 3: And not all starches, your all cheeses are created equals.
Speaker 4: If you make your lasagna like Carmelo soprano, does you got the little basil leaves in between the noodle le or you ever heard of a veggie lasagna? Ma At? I was being Devil's at. I don't even know what inside I'm on.
Speaker 3: Maybe we I don't want to say improved, because we're big fans of your work, Street Genie.
Speaker 4: Maybe what we do.
Speaker 3: Is revise the formula a little bit, to add something like vegetation or like can't matter, you know, because also I realized that I just made the implication that I consider all forms of meat equally consumable. I guess I should guard on record I have never eaten a human being. I hope i'd never have to.
Speaker 4: Question if it were to become possible, which I think we've now dringing about. Who there was a story about this, if there was a synthetic way of producing human meat, would you try it? Would you try it?
Speaker 3: Years back, many evenings ago, I remember Matt speaking with you because I was taken in by what appeared what turned out to be a satirical parody website that said they had created houfu kind of plant based protein that did taste one to one like human meat.
Speaker 4: Wait, so it wasn't real.
Speaker 3: Uh, the website was not real.
Speaker 4: But I swear there was a story more recently that someone had lab grown human meat.
Speaker 3: Lab grown regular meat is on the way, and now it's just an economy of scale and consumer comfort question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, says here, it's a Channel four satire show. Yeah, lab Channel four lab grown human meat show is satirical.
Speaker 2: Dawn darn sounded like a honeypot for cannibals.
Speaker 3: Finally we figured it out. Okay, we'll make that a sketch later, because that's a great idea. Also, if you think about for situations you should never be in. Here is an observation the reason cannibalism often goes wrong for people practicing cannibalism. We talk about this, I think in our earlier episodes, is that usually when people violate that strong primal moral taboo, they're being They're predating on other starving people. Right, So the people that you are attempting to eat, unless they died before, they were malnourished, they are kind of like they're not nutritionally viable. You know. It's a problem they ran into in liningrad It's a problem you see echoed in Alive or the film adaptation of that unfortunate plane crash. I'm ending this on a weird note.
Speaker 4: Wasn't that there a new one recently? It's called like Empire of the Snow or Kingdom of the Snow or something like that.
Speaker 3: That was it called where you can sayment, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to go out on a limb and say, Ben, you should stop talking publicly about your knowledge of cannibalism.
Speaker 4: I have not partaken. I'm not.
Speaker 3: We're just having you information for choices, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, don't.
Speaker 3: We came up with this on another show would be called ridiculous history. Don't live in fear, live informed. So if you are in a situation, thank you for backing me up on that one.
Speaker 4: You know, like what you did.
Speaker 3: We're recording that episode. If you are in a situation wherein you have to do these unthinkable, objectively not great things, then just no. I mean the non ethical answer would be keep people alive till you need them yourself.
Speaker 4: The film I was talking about that came out last year is called Society of the Snow by the Way, and it's about a plane crash in the Andes. It took place in nineteen seventy two, and it's supposed to be on the same story, supposed to be very very good, but seems like a real bummer.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, a couple of survivors at the end, you know. With that With that in mind, I think one of the great lessons we take here is that in this active milieu, the non consensual long form improv that we call life, things are still evolving. You should try not to eat people. We collectively still wonder what is a sandwich, what is or is not lasagna? And perhaps most importantly, we would love to hear from you. We try to be easy to find online.
Speaker 4: Find us online. We are conspiracy stuff on Facebook where you can join our Facebook group. Here's where it gets crazy on YouTube, where Video Continent is rolling your way every single week, and also on x FKA, Twitter, on Instagram at TikTok. You can find us at the handle conspiracy Stuff.
Speaker 2: Show call our number the way Tree Forts did and Sausage Make a muffin Call one eight three three std WYTK. When you call in, give yourself a cool nickname that is highly important. Then let us know if we can use your name and message on the air. Then use whatever's left of the three minutes to tell us your compelling story and information or comments or whatever you want to say. If you got more to say they can fit in a three minute message, why not instead send us a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 3: We are the entities that read every single email. We get to be well aware. Sometimes the void writes back, we can't wait to share the darkness with you. Conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff They Don't Want You to Know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.