Speaker 1: And now move the sticks with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks.
Speaker 2: Welcome to move sticks.
Speaker 3: I am Bucky Brooks and I'm sitting here with my man Lance Z. We've just finished Night two of the twenty twenty five NFL Draft, and Lance, I mean, there's a lot of stuff going on. There are a lot of dreams that are realized. But I think we would be remiss if we don't start with the biggest story of the day. Day two, rounds two and three go five quarterbacks have now been drafted. But when the fourth round opens on Saturday, Carla, quarterback Shadur Sanders.
Speaker 2: Will still be waiting to hear his name call.
Speaker 1: Yep, he'll still be waiting. And you know, it's a different conversation today than it was at the end of the day than it was at the beginning of the day. At the beginning of day was football people saying, look at these silly people on social media arguing about how Shador Sanders was supposed to be a top ten pick and they didn't watch tape and they and you know, and and really this is he fell out. But that was that's for football reasons. Now, was there always a concern about you know, maybe how he interviewed. Sure, is there going to be some concern for some teams about Dion Sanders and and his you know, this looming specter of Dion if things don't.
Speaker 2: Go well, you know, maybe maybe.
Speaker 1: But once we hit the second round, and Bucky you and I talked about off the air, there was a scenario where Shore Sanders could absolutely slide out of the second round.
Speaker 2: We knew that.
Speaker 1: We knew that, and then if he slid out the third, that thought was a second then like what's to keep him from sliding in the third. We we did think Tyler Shuck could go ahead of him.
Speaker 2: That was possible.
Speaker 1: Once you got all the way to the midway through. Once he once he got past the Pittsburgh Steelers and eighty three you you turned and said this, maybe this may be a wrap form because Cleveland had passed on him multiply.
Speaker 3: They pass on so many times that you couldn't envision them taking him. And then I would say the nail on the coffin or when you really went oh, is when Dylan Gabriel, No disrespect to Dylan Gabriel quarterback coming out of Oregon, when he's taken ninety fourth overall by the Cleveland Browns, where bypassed on an opportunity to take the quarterback. That's when you're like, hey man, there's a scenario where he may not get drafted today. But also you're now beginning to wonder is he going to get drafted?
Speaker 2: Period?
Speaker 3: Because with the Raiders and the Browns bypassing them multiple times, the Saint seemingly getting their guy. The Giants have gotten their guy. The Seattle Sea Hawks take Jalen mill Roll, who's left like now it's a free fall where going in the day three in the fourth round. If he goes in the fourth round, we talk about developmental prospect. Anyone taking a guy where we're just throwing darts. To think about him being in that scenario where you're just throwing darts, where does he go? And the other thing and look, it reminds me of the Tim Tebow thing, right when Tim Tebow was out there and despective Tim Tebow joining your squad. So much noise, so much perceived distractions.
Speaker 1: Which team it was a distraction though, don't you think with Tim Tebow says everything? Every time Tim we got sick as a fan, I was so sick and a media member hearing about Tim Tebow every time, like, guys, this is not the story.
Speaker 3: And so is that going to be the thing, Because when sherdurs end is when he gets picked, is the first thing that happens.
Speaker 2: Media members arena say, does he have a chance to start? Do you have this? What kind of situation do you have?
Speaker 3: I'm looking at a situation where it has to be someone that's so interested as the starter that he's a non factor when it comes to them bringing him in and doing that. And so it's Look, it's a fun and not a fun but a very fascinating story to watch. I would say one that I don't know if I've ever seen a notable name like this experienced kind of slat when yeah, it wasn't a conversation going in.
Speaker 1: What's not medical? Right, there's nothing. There's nothing criminal. There's nothing medical that we know of. Now let's you know, let's just tell it all. He didn't compete at all in the Shrine game, Okay, right, he didn't work out at the combine. Okay, didn't throw at the combine, not the first player not to that. That's not that's not that big a deal. Didn't do anything at the Big twelve Pro Day, Pro Day, okay, and then he finally had his own showcase day. I do think that the specter of everything being larger about it being about Shadeur. You know, Travis Hunter Dean put lots of platitudes and he won the Heisman Trophy. He did I mean he did, but he did. He did that. But the other thing was, you know, Dian always mentioned Travis every time he mentioned sud Or. It's not like Travis, but there was something that felt like, you know, there was a push that tra that Shadoor was bigger than the team. And that's something that will really turn teams off. The fact that he went after his offensive line. A year ago in a twitch stream, I talked to an assistant GM who told me that was a big turn off for him because in the NFL, you got to say it's your fault even when it's not your fault. Like I got to do a better job of getting rid of the ball because you're protecting your guys, because your offensive line. It's a brotherhood between the quarterback and the offensive line. And I think this is a more complicated and more nuanced conversation that you and I can have the general public just really can't have it in social media setting. It requires a lot more conversation because there's a lot more that goes into it.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of nuance.
Speaker 3: And back in the day, we would talk about the quarterback position being presidential in terms of being very regal in nature, very regal in how you handed yourself on the field, all to field, impress conferences, in those things. And he Shadur is a very confident, very brash, very in your face, like he's different.
Speaker 2: He grew up in the seven oh seven era.
Speaker 3: Well, these things are very commonplace, like the watch celebration, that's very commonplace. If you go to any seven h seven event, you see these kinds of things. But we're not necessarily used to seeing a quarterback who is like that. And I will say this, and it would be interesting to fast forward to twenty twenty six and if Arch Manning is in the draft and the things that we talk about in terms of Dion and the family and all of this other stuff, do you get the same kind of sense and sentiment, Because remember, the Manning family was very outspoken about Eli going to a place in those things, and early in the process Dion talked about, wanted to make sure that a we won't go to these places, we want to go there and this, and the tables have turned. And you just wondered when that conversation came out there, how to coaches receive it, how to gms and management officials receive it, and those things. And now the leverage isn't with the player, the leverages with the team.
Speaker 2: And as we go into the.
Speaker 3: Fourth round, man, you are hopeful as opposed to a guy that is certain to make the team when you're a top prospect.
Speaker 1: I can tell you from talking to NFL personnel people, there is a concern right now. This isn't a shadeur. This is a general conversation. There is a concern right now with entitlement on the college level because of NIL, because it's gotten so out of control so fast. It's gone from zero to one hundred miles an hour, and the amount of money that's there, and the stories you hear behind the scenes with players becoming really really difficult, the ability to leave any time you want, the transit. It's a constant state of free agency. There is a belief by NFL teams that players are becoming more difficult to deal with. And this is and it really is only this is only like the third year that we've seen in NIL, so it's still very very early. But I do think that there you are going to see more and more teams who are going to try to figure out who the more entitled ones, who the I don't know if I want to say spoiled or whatever, but the guys who are in it for the NIL and who are in it for football. I believe shit Or Sanders loves football. I think he loves football on tape. To me, he's the second round talent. He's the second best quarterback in this draft. I think he's got tremendous His confidence, to me, is a huge plus. Now some of it's too extra. Oh it just it just is. I mean, let's just be real. Some of it is too much. You got to dial some of that back. I don't mind brash, I don't mind confidence. I don't mind cocky Aaron Rodgers stuff, all that stuff. Baker Mayfield rubbed people the wrong way. You can do it when you're bawling out on a high level in the NFL.
Speaker 3: But it didn't impact Baker when it came to the draft no impact.
Speaker 1: Well, and see I heard stuff behind the scenes like it seemed he left in the middle of the seat, you know, like that bothered me.
Speaker 3: But but he's not the first one. Joey Harrington has some stuff where he does. It could have been hard to deal. It didn't stop teams from taking him third overall. And I do understand talent brings tolerance, and we talked about him not having the elite tools in those things. But I'm just telling you I never thought that it would be a situation where he falls. Can we have a third and so look, don't want it to overshadow like the night of so many guys realizing their dreams, but man, we have to at least address what was look early in the process. We're talking about two quarterbacks who was going to be number one. To have the guy who was in that conversation not only completely fall out of the first round, but to not be taken in the first three rounds, to me, it makes it a more significant story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you and I have both been censored of the fact that good football players have not had enough conversation in this process.
Speaker 2: Of leading up because we talked about it.
Speaker 1: Because everything's been should or should or should do and it's not fair to cam Ward first and foremost. Cam Ward deserved way more to not get enough shots, not get enough shine.
Speaker 2: This is different.
Speaker 1: Well, the conversation we're having now is how did it happen and what happens now. The reason that happened is going to be different for different teams. Some teams probably didn't like the football player as much. He's you know, he's not he's mobile in the pocket, he's not. He's not a fast escapability guy. He takes too many sacks, holds onto the ball too long. But you know, there's been a lot of players have held them.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of players. You know.
Speaker 1: For everything that you can say, there's a counter to it. So that's why it's I think it's I.
Speaker 3: Mean, and my point is this, like when we talk about the league and everyone talks about these hot standards, we have seen players like Tim Boyle play seven years in the league, who was a player who didn't have nearly the accomplishment of your sanders, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So like that's where I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I mean, their their career backups, they just stay out the case Kingdom, Well in case.
Speaker 3: Case, and so that's the thing, and so we'll get to it. We'll see where it ends up on day three. But I got to ask you, when you look at the first three rounds and you look at teams that have put in work, who are some of the teams that kind of that you're impressed with what they've been able to do so well.
Speaker 1: I like the Patriots had a philosophy, an idea of what they wanted to do. Had a conversation with an NBA former NBA general manager and I was talking about the team that he used to work for and what it was like, and he said, you know, even though we had a great organization, the thing that bothered me was every once in a while we'd be on the draft clay and he said, there's only two rounds for us. He said, we'd be on the board and all of a sudden, there's hesitation in the room where we thought we were all on the same page. So I think that, and Bucky, you've been in those rooms. I think good organizations understand this is our philosophy, this is what we're doing, and the stick to it on draft day and you don't waffle I look at the Patriots and it's interesting because they brought because Mike ray Bull came in and brought who's his guy, Ryan Calton, Yeah, Ryan Calden. Elliott Wolf was already there, Alonso high Smith was already there. So the two groups blended together, and it looks like they have a really ironed out, well thought out plan. Offensive tackle. First pick of the draft, you know, fourth overall. They know they had to have tackled. They did it there. Trayvon Henderson got a terrific running back and an explosive playmaker in the second round, and a third round they went and got a guy who can stretch the field and Kyle Williams silky smooth wide receiver. And then at the back end the they traded back and they still were able to add Jared Wilson in an athletic center. There, so two offensive linemen and then skilled position players. I wouldn't be surprised if the second round. You know, they've got three picks in the fifth, two and a seventh one and a fourth they're gonna mix and match and move up. I'm sure at least once, maybe twice, But I'll bet you tomorrow's completely defense and I think that's probably a philosophy and a discussion that they had in their meetings. I like that for the Patriots, they needed a lot of help, and I think they maneuvered around pretty well and they did what they were supposed to do.
Speaker 3: It's funny because I feel like this team always gets a lot of love on Draft Day a draft weekend, but the Baltimore Ravens, and we've been in this game long enough to know that the Baltimore Ravens do what they do.
Speaker 2: They just sit and pick, They wait for good players to fall.
Speaker 3: We always talk about draft boards being like snowflakes and that nobody has guys ranked in the same order, and the Baltimore Ravens appeared always, I would say, feast on others' mistakes. And so the fact that they're able to get Malachot Starks early in the first round and then they come back and on day two, like they get Mike Green.
Speaker 1: Mike Green's the top six.
Speaker 3: I mean, like he was the guy that we talked about being a top twenty pick, someone that we knew had sack production led the country in sacks. You saw the fights inness, you saw him come off the edge the physicality and toughness, all those things. And here you are in the second round and he's right there in the Baltimore Ravens scoop them up.
Speaker 2: Are you just like?
Speaker 3: Here they go again and doing what they do, and then later they come and get Emry Jones. I'm talking from LSU, just another guy that kind of fits their thing. The one thing that always stands out great organizations. They understand their identity and they always pick players that suit their identity.
Speaker 1: And when you're strong and have strong leadership, you can take guys that and you know, Mike Greenfell, there's some character stuff, but from what I understand, it's nothing that's gonna like. I don't think there's a concern about the person, the type of player he is. They just got a discounted from what I can tell, they got a discounted first rounder later in the second round, and they don't overthink it. That's one of the things about the Ravens. Malachi Starks, you're not trying to well, if we get NICKI man, worry, what we're gonna be able to do is we're gonna be able to be more.
Speaker 2: Multiple with dark.
Speaker 1: They just said, how about we go get a Kirby, smart player, who's a good tackler, who's mentally tough and who fits the Raven way. And NICKI man worry has all this talent, but sometimes he turns it off a little bit, like it can go off and on, off and on. In terms of the motor, he's got to get himself, you know. Uh, when he's properly motivated, Man, that guy's a monster. Malaka starts, never turns it off. He's just ready to play all the time. And that's and he's a Raven. And I think what you said exactly right, Like they don't they don't overthink things. They say, here's a good football player, take them. And when you have a strong locker room, you can also take a few more chances too. That's something else that should be noted. So, yeah, the Ravens did a great job. I think, you know, looking at the looking at the draft board, I made mention of the Texans going with Jayden Higgins in the second round. They got to tackle Ariante Ursri, who we'll see how he plays. I have some some concerns about him. He doesn't play as fluidly as he tests at tackle. Jalen Noel is really explosive slot receiver from Iowa State, and then Jalen Smith, the cornerback. And what's interesting there is the Texans are saying, we need to get more weapons for CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud.
Speaker 1: We lost to Von Diggs. Tank Dell's out for this year and who knows if he'll ever come back, And so the Texans immediately said, we're not waiting. We can't afford to piecemeal this over two years. We'll go get two wide receivers this year and they're both going to have to play. I mean, John Menchi's gonna have to fight for his job. Xavier Hutchinson, you know, this guy's going to have to fight for his job. Justin Watson came in, who's a reliable fourth, fifth wide receiver. So Texans not only wanted more competitiveness at that position, competition at that position. I think they got these two guys to play a lot of snaps. To be honest with you, and when you're in the AFC, you got to deal with Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen and Joe Burrow and teams that can put up a lot of points. And so Nick Cassario basically said, hey, we cannot sleep on wide receiver. We cannot wait until next year. We got to get him right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, they are doing a really good job of kind of loading up doing it. We talk about the best team, understand who they are, and they make sure that they kind of stick to the script. And I would say that it's funny for us to talk about the Dallas Cowboys in this vein, but they done a really solid job of sticking to what really works for them. Early the first night, we saw them get Tyler Booker, someone who's a straight bully at the point of attack, you see the video and those things. And then tonight they go and get Donovan as Araku, who can come off the edge.
Speaker 2: They need pass rushing help.
Speaker 1: And first second type attack first.
Speaker 3: I mean, and you just see where, okay, the combinations are gonna start to come and how they're gonna be able to get after it. You think about Matt Eberflus coming back and he wants to kind of get to playing the style where hey, they're playing fast and they're getting after it and it's simplistic. As Iraku brings that energy and then Chavan, I mean just being able to be the big corner. You think about that Tampa two style that they can jump into in some of those things zone corner, and I just think about his side with Trayvon Diggs on the other side, and the ball skills and the length and how they can challenge guys.
Speaker 2: In different ways. To me, the Dallas Cowboys have just been rock solid when it comes to their picks.
Speaker 1: Bears had four picks in the first sixty two. Colston Lovelin we talked about in the first round. Luther Burden, another first round discount player. In the second round, I thought he was a first round talent.
Speaker 2: I just I think you.
Speaker 1: Have to look past the short throws this year and you have to go back and watch twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four intermediate and deep throws to see what he can be in an offense. It's different than the denk and dunk catch and run stuff that Missouri ran. Hey, it was great to take advantage of Burden's ability after the catch, but that's not all he is. I think he's capable of doing a lot more than that, and so you know Caleb Williams is going to give him an opportunity to show that. In Rome with Douonzay being on one side is also going to give him a chance to, you know, for the Bears to get creative, for Ben Johnson to get creative. Remember that all the offensive picks here. Ben Johnson, well, I thought was a mastermind. I mean I had a lot of respect for everything he did, his play calling, his vision for Jamier Gibbs and everything he did. He comes into the Bears and immediately grabs a different tight end not named Tyler Warren Colston Lovelin, who I think is a more athletic, maybe a little higher ceiling pass catcher, and then Luther Burden, who you know, frankly I thought was the best wide receiver not named Travis Hunter in this draft. So now the next also on the second, they got Ozzie Trapillo. He is a right tackle only, so I'm not sure right now he'll probably play swing. They should be okay this year with Braxton Jones at left at Darnell Right on the right side, but at some point they're gonna expect Tropilla to take over. So I do question whether or not he can play on the left side, or if Darnell Wright can play on the left side.
Speaker 2: That would be a.
Speaker 1: Question I have Shamar Turner I like a lot, a little bit undersized as a three technique, But you remember another undersized three technique from a weight standpoint, Tommy from Oklahoma, Tommy Harris.
Speaker 2: Tommy Harris, Yeah, Tommy Harris. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm going way way back. But he was a two hundred ninet pound guy that can get up the field and disrupt. I think Shamar Turner is a really underrated player. I like Shamar Turner a lot. I think the Bears have done a nice job. You get four picks in the first sixty two, you better do a good job.
Speaker 3: Now let's go to the New York Giants, and even though they only made one selection tonight, I think it's the combination of who they added Darius Alexander to a front line that has been fortified with the pick of Abdul Carter, and then I think about Alexander, Carter, Dexter, Lawrence Keavon, Tipadeau, Brian Burns, the New York Giants and now cooking with gas on defense. And when the Giants have been the Giants, it's because their defense has led the way I now see a front line d ken impose their will on opponents with some of the size and athleticism and the attributes and then look Jackson Dart. I understand Jackson Dart because Brian Dayball and Joe Shane both spent time in Buffalo. And when you have the kind of success that they each had in Buffalo with a quarterback like Josh Allen, I can see that kind of setting your north star.
Speaker 2: That is kind of what you're looking for.
Speaker 3: Physical quarterback that can run, that can do some things that gives them Jackson Dart.
Speaker 2: So through two days, I think they're solid. Yeah, the quarterback has to play.
Speaker 1: Ye at a high level, but opinions, but we've got to let them play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're a much better team because they were able to kind of stick to build up the defense and then they were able to get the quarterback that they want.
Speaker 1: You know, Bucky, the Cardinals have a real boom bust draft working right now. My two six point five grade players boom bus grades both landing on the Cardinals, Walter Nolan and Will Johnson. Walter Nolan is a really explosive three down player, but at A and M there were questions that dogged him about his you know, his professionalism so to speak, his his work ethic off the field. Now, I was not challenged when he was on the field, but people I talked to you over there just said, you know, I'll trying to get out of practice here and there and wanting to stand the the you know, stay in the in the trading room here and there, and why does this guy not practice and stuff like that. But it wasn't a football issue. There's nothing criminal with him. There's nothing anything like that. But Walter Nolan went sixteenth, probably could have gone top eight, top nine, something like that, maybe even higher. Actually I haven't even higher grade. So he's there. Really talented, though. Will Johnson goes forty seventh. A little bit of a knee issue that is a consideration. Never ran never ran a forty time, and teams thought he's a little bit slow. Never ran a forty, so we're not sure there. Jordan Birch, Jordan Birch is your third round pick. He's two hundred and ninety pounds, looks the part but is not real and he's a great He's a great athlete. Better rusher than run defender. I want him to be tougher at the point of a time as a run defender. I want him to show more grit and tenacity on a regular basis. If you don't have that in the NFL, you flame out quickly. Like grit and tenacity or something that you just have to have, and that's something Jordan Birch is gonna have to have. From a talent standpoint, off the charts, Cardinals talent is off the charts. Consistency wise, I would argue, no one's very consistent. Will Johnson when he played, was very consistent. But you gotta worry about speed. And then Jordan Birch has gotta you gotta light a fire on him. He's got to put a little glass in that diet, be a glass muncher and be a little bit you know, and just be a little saltier I think to play in the NFL because these are these are tough guys, it helps to have a little glass.
Speaker 2: In your diet.
Speaker 3: So it's funny because I know, you know, Chris Ballet will and we've always been able to talk about ballot likes the athletic freaks, and so we've always been to kind of identify the Indianapolis Colts. Well, I'm gonna say John Side in the Seattle Seahawks, they certainly like to drink from that same water trough. When you look at what they've been able to do, Like first they go and get Gray's Abel in the first round, so that was Thursday night. But then to come back and you look at who they've taken today.
Speaker 2: Nick emm and Worry from.
Speaker 3: South Carolina, freak show athlete put on a show at the combat was really the star of the combat, King of the combine.
Speaker 2: We can call him Elijah Arroyo.
Speaker 3: Think about the talent, the tools that he brings to the tight end position and how he can be that flexed in to get open down the middle of the field for Sam Donald. And then you top it off with Jalen Murroe, who is the freak show of all freak shows.
Speaker 2: At quarterback.
Speaker 3: The talent and the tools were there in terms of man he is an elite running back playing quarterback with big time arm talent. In terms of being able to push it down the field, John Snyder is banking on the traits. These tools are going to translate into production and that is going to help us get over the top. And you see it particularly in their day two picks. They went big on a prototype. Yeah, I thought they had a good I thought they had a good day.
Speaker 1: And Jalen Milroe is just so intriguing to me because, look, I don't love him as a quarterback based on what I saw, I thought he was more like a fourth round.
Speaker 2: Pick, a backup.
Speaker 1: But the thing that you can't handicap is players who have dynamic speed, like you can't game plan for it. Defensively, you can, but it's more on the college level, on the high school level. On the pro level, you can't really do that as long as you're not too predictable. As an offense. It's really hard to handle quarterbacks who break, contain, break the pocket, or can run because now nowadays teams will just direct snap and it turns into power and they're around the corner. And I mean, Jalen Milroe could turn into a first down getter when you're in third and short as a rookie, they could do something like that with it. I'm not convinced that you can't run some Taysom Hill type stuff with him early on in his career and just find ways to get him to ball and you see if he can be explosive. Now that doesn't mean I don't think like he's certainly worth developing see if you can develop the footwork, the timing, the decision making. But he's just a special, special athlete, you know, Bucky. When you get the five star and you see it, five star ath coming out of high school, everyone wants to draft, everyone wants to recruit those guys. You get the five star atch and we will figure it out and we get it. Maybe it'll be a corner, maybe it'll be a quarterback, maybe it'll be a wide receiver, running back. He's like one of these special five star athletes that yeah he's a quarterback, but we just want him in the building because you got to figure out how we're going to use him. We just know there aren't many like him. There's maybe been one two other ones, Vic and Lamar Jackson. I don't know anyone else that runs like those guys.
Speaker 3: No, And the thing is, I would ask Alabama. I don't know why they didn't run him more. To be honest, I'm with you. That's the thing. Like when people made the comparison to Lamar Jacks, Lamar Jackson had fifteen hundred yard seasons back to back. Jayson Milroe didn't touch the ball enough to fully max out his running skills. And I would like to see what the Seattle Sears are able to do. The good thing about their situation with Drew Locke already in the building to back up Sam Donald, this is one where they actually have an opportunity to play and have fun.
Speaker 2: They have a chance to really develop him.
Speaker 3: He can be on the scout team kind of working and being the other team quarterback while also working on his game, and then next year we can kind of.
Speaker 2: See if he can be a special player.
Speaker 3: But you're right, you would like to think they want to put the ball in his hands and see if they can get something out of them. Last team that I want to bring up Tampa Buccaneers and the Buccaneers I just love it. Look I'm dB tonight. They were able to get Benjamin Morrison and then they get Jacob pet Both those guys. Both of those guys to me are plug and play starters in any situation and in Todd Bowles defense where they want to zone blitz, they want to bring pressure, they want to hang these guys in these match zones where they're playing three dep and some of this other exotic stuff. Both of these guys not only have the instincts and awareness and high Q to do it, but man, their physical tools should allow them have a lot of success in the defense.
Speaker 1: And what about my last one is going to be Darren Is.
Speaker 2: It's pronounced Mogi right mass from the Jets, You're jests.
Speaker 1: He and Aaron Glenn, the new head coach I thought so far, have done a fantastic job. They get armand Membu, who is I think a plug and play starting right tackle to position. They really need Mason Taylor, who I loved tight end out of LSU that I think will come in and immediately help justin fields there. And then azaria A Thomas, a press, a physical press man corner who's tough to throw over, and who is you know, can really deal with the slower wide receiver. You know, if you're not a quick, shifty wide receiver, if you let him travel with big wide receivers, that's one of those big wide personal matchup guy. I would not have him on one side, Buck, I would travel him if you're gonna play man and man and make sure you keep him on the right kind of matchups. So there's gonna be some matchups that aren't great for him, I think, But you know, he's pretty good at press, at getting his hands on people and slowing him down. So I think the Jets did a really nice job with their three picks they had at first, a second, and a third, but I thought they got really solid value and early contributors from all three. All three of those guys.
Speaker 3: You know, the big thing with the Jets, I want to see Aaron Glenn and talked about one to have that three headed monster at running back.
Speaker 2: Maybe they find a.
Speaker 3: Guy that they can throw into the rotation because with Breeze Hall, Brandon Allen, if you can find another guy they really want to get after and run the football and be physical. With Justin Fields, who's will call him half a running back, they can be pretty dynamic. Yeah he is offensity with their running game.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Jets are. They could be interesting next year. It's not like they don't have talent. The Jets have talent. They picked seventh because things just fell apart on them last couple of years. But the Jets, the Jets could be a problem by next year if Justin Fields, you know, can have it really an above average year. So, especially if they keep drafting like this, one team to keep an eye on for tomorrow. I think is going to be the San Francisco forty nine ers. They have a billion draft picks. They've got eleven picks in this draft. They've already picked four players. They got two forced, two fists, three sevens, three sevens. They're they're not going to use two forces and two fists. They're going to figure out exactly who they want and they will use those draft picks to get four picks will turn into two and they'll get two guys that they love.
Speaker 2: That's what they're gonna do. Ye knows. Let's see if there's anybody that is available.
Speaker 3: Like anybody that you're brewing on that you think could be or should be coming off the board pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Well, Bucky, I would say, you know, I'll start at running back Dylan Samson and bea Shaal Tooton or two running backs that I think should come off the board fairly quickly. Actually, this is a great running back draft. You got Trevor et Tien and Jayden Blue, two guys who can explosive plays out of the backfield. Trevor Ettien, I think is a little more dynamic in terms of three downs. Cam Scattabo, everyone's favorite. I know you're a fan. I am too. I think he's a good football player. Every time you watch him. He's the hardest guy to tackle. It's Ashton gent and then Cam Scattaboy. Those are the two hardest running backs to tackle in college football. I think those are guys to keep in mind to keep an eye on. Where Will Quinn yours and should Or Sanders fall and Kylin McCord, Will Howard, Riley Leonard. These are name guys. It's going to be interesting to see where they end up. On the defensive side of the board. I think guys to keep him an eye on would include Danny Stutzman, good linebacker, very good tackler from Oklahoma. Josh Farmer, the big defensive tackle from Florida State. Fourth rounds about where he should go. Brayden Swinson pass pass rusher from LSU, and Darren Sorel pass rusher from Texas. These are some of the guys I can tell you the defensive tackle this this is gonna be filled with defensive tackles tomorrow, edge rushers. We'll see a big run on the running backs, and you're about to see a ton of linebackers start coming off the board. We're gonna be here for every pick of every round, we're gonna say a lot of linebackers' names, a lot of defensive tackles names, and a lot of running back names.
Speaker 2: A lot of running backs.
Speaker 3: Day three is about developmental players, special team standouts, guys that are going to have to make the team by doing it on the third phase of the game.
Speaker 2: And so look, we look forward to everyone coming back.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have a rap up show at the end of the weekend where we talk about all the things that took place over draft weekend. Until then, make sure you check out all the coverage NFL Media, NFL Network, NFL dot Com. Until next time, I'm Bucky Broksest Lancy and this what's moved to stick