Speaker 1: All right, so we're back.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about the Kevin Gates and Lebron James situation. For people who are unaware, Kevin Gates has been in the hot seat of lately dealing with Lebron James and his wife because he called out what he thinks is a lack of admiration from his wife. Kevin Gates is my guy, Lebron is my guy. But there's a lot of game to be picked up on this scenario, and I think we're gonna get right to it today. Now we're gonna start with the video that kind of cranked all of this off, but we're gonna keep game at a high level. But we're gonna start this conversation and this part of the show with the video of Kevin Gates given his opinion on the way that Savannah James handles her husband Lebron James in public pay attention.
Speaker 3: I'm like, man, he want of the greatest players to ever play the game, right, But I wouldn't want to trade places with him?
Speaker 1: And they was like, why not? Howhy are you wouldn't win a baby?
Speaker 3: I say, because I don't like the way Savannah look at Lebron. I like the way them white women look at.
Speaker 1: Lebron like when as soon as he walk out that they just be like they be dicked out.
Speaker 3: But it's like I noticed when he go do the handshake with the main player on his team, which is that it's like you act like I'm bothering you bitch, Like I'm the greatest player in the world, one of them, like top five, top ten, I'm one of them, and I'm in the playoffs, and you act like you act like the ward another jail, like you came here to publice me like you ain't like.
Speaker 1: You not dicked out like me.
Speaker 3: White women just digged out about me and.
Speaker 1: Him like so like I just would.
Speaker 3: I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it, bro, because when I've been around that dude, that dude just his spirits so loving and giving, like like it hurt me. It hurt me to see that.
Speaker 1: Now, Kevin Gates.
Speaker 2: Shortly after that, Lebron James did respond to Kevin Gates with a post. This post was not direct, but it was intentional. It was at him in response to what he was saying. Now, this is a very interesting situation that we have to discuss today. The first thing I said when I heard this conversation is a couple different things. Did he lie? That's number one? Number two? Can Lebron ever be friends with him?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 2: If they are friends, they're probably associates, people that just saw each other in the business, sometimes running to each other. And another thing that quickly crossed my mind is Kevin Gates is in I wouldn't say a new relationship, but he's in a new situation right, this situation with Brittany Renner. What I know about guys is that sometimes we'll speak outward but be talking inward.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It's like they got me all MUSHes, she got me feeling good, hope she don't drop the ball, and this right here is important to me. So you need to always celebrate me. Be celebrating me, right. So I use people out there to make the point because I'm really talking.
Speaker 1: I'm really talking to you though I'm talking to you though.
Speaker 2: You dig, but I'm really putting it down like da da da da dad pick that.
Speaker 1: Up thought, because you under my wing pick that up right.
Speaker 2: So sometimes men play that kind of game where they'll speak outward but be really talking inward. Now, Gates ignited controversy because he publicly critiqued Savannah James, that's Lebron's wife, basically suggesting that her demeanor towards Lebron lacked admiration. I think Gates may have failed short by using somebody wife to make that point, right, because basically what he was saying is, Yo, I don't like women. That's just all calm and acting like they right. You gotta celebrate me like I celebrate you.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: This is a two way street, right, you see what I'm saying. So I believe that that that was his position. But the mistake is using somebody wife to do somebody you respect, somebody that you call your friend or whatever you call him.
Speaker 1: That's where it can come off of.
Speaker 2: Wait, now Gates did respond to that, and we'll get to that in a second, But I just I want to spend some time on the way that Gates kind of contrast her behavior with that of other women and kind of imply the lack of enthusiasm in her support. Now, he even liking Savannah James to the Warden, he was insinuating that basically she restricts Lebron.
Speaker 1: But I want Gates to know this is a marathon, not a sprint. Right.
Speaker 2: She been cheerleading for this nigga for a long long time. And that don't mean that you all of a sudden be lackluster. But you know what a spindiard chip set. Now, See it's the rookie that go into casino and just go to all the machines. She know what machine wining for that boy. She know the technique and tradition. You shouldn't get that boy where you need to be every single time. It's science at this point. But I will concur We men do like to feel needed, won't it. And who's to say Lebron don't feel like that. But I'm thinking that because Gates is in this relationship, that he's kind of molding beloved.
Speaker 1: To be exactly what he wants.
Speaker 2: And he probably feels with her energy that she's willing to do what I need or to do for us to be what we trying to be. But I think he's trying to teach her, which is Britney Renner, but he's using real life examples and this time the whole world was tuned in. And so I think there's also conversation around public relationships, right, because you want to be careful that you remain as a partnership and not a performance, because I think a lot of people travel down that road as a partnership and could have been a real legitimate power couple, but some along the lines they get lost and it turns into a performance. And although I'm getting this gift on your birthday, we ain't talked in two weeks. It ain't like how it was when we first met. I was getting that gift flying now leaving the show, really pushing up because I really felt like that now it's just part of the situation. I don't need them niggas thinking you ain't and I don't need them bitches thinking that you. You gotta be careful that your personal relationship with someone, especially if you really love them.
Speaker 1: If y'all doing some love and hip hop shit, get your money.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, if you really care for this person, and y'all have potential to truly be a power couple, man, be careful that it don't turn into a performance and y'all doing it for the ground. I used to like Instagram where people were really living their real lives.
Speaker 1: But they'll show you.
Speaker 2: Look what my husband done, Like we flew out and he really done this. It's like there wasn't a service to get this done now, right, So what I mean is you have a scenario now where people understand that everyone is living their life online. So you'll go to some of these results and they'll have an Instagram package where maybe someone to set a room up for you. It used to be really that the only girls that can have those kind of pictures and those kind of memories are girls who that man really put that effort in to make that happen. Nowadays, it's all a service because everyone is capturing every moment. And that's also a world where you know, some of my homies, like I know some people that run their relationship like niggas du buy nigga no public affection.
Speaker 1: Yeah see, And that's another thing.
Speaker 2: You can't just look at how we are in front of these cameras and really judge that. And I understand the contrast, because you see these bitches fanned out, They fanned out and they really just want to fuck a rich nigga, a big old rich nigga. That's what they own. So the fandom is one thing, but this family and so we gotta be careful that we don't mix fandom with family, because fandom can damn them feel stronger than family, but it can never mean more than family.
Speaker 1: It's a trick.
Speaker 2: Fandom can feel stronger but never mean more. And so you gotta know, man, when you got someone's family. And so, what I would call an unintentional circumstance that came out of the conversation gates Head is is that he wasn't describing Savannah. He was framing Savannah. And these are different things, totally different things. Describing some is calling it what it is. Framing some is calling it what you think it is. You can't describe some without knowing the intricate detail. So it was no way for him to describe Savannah's and Lebron's relationship. But he could frame it just based on what he saw in the limited time or the limited encounters that he had sought him. But I'm telling you it was harmless toward Lebron. It was really about Shorty that's under my wing. Let's make sure that you understand that this what I need. Don't never be like that, even if we don't really know what that is. I'm just using that as.
Speaker 1: A reference point.
Speaker 2: I found it extremely interesting that Lebron James responded to Kevin Gates because, as we know, Lebron has been in scenarios where he will not respond. Case in point, him and Drake was cool for how many years? He was literally underfied by the Drake situation. Caught over there with Kendrick, it was really in question someone that they thought had a brotherhood.
Speaker 1: He never responded.
Speaker 2: What this tells me is that him responding to Kevin Gates was two or threefold right. One, It tells me that that household was probably a fan of Kevin Gates, like whether they are listen to his music, or maybe like his interviews, or maybe like when he speaks. There's some kind of fandom there that warranted a response.
Speaker 1: That's one. And two.
Speaker 2: I can imagine that Savannah was at home saying, I know you're not gonna let him talk to me like that. I mean, at least online, a lot of people are saying that what I want to present to the public is maybe Lebron felt that and not on no disrespectful shit, just on some you know, I'm gonna say something about that shit, you know what I'm saying. And you was a fan of that dude man like he could probably feel away about that, And now Gates pulled a real interesting card and showed up at the game the next day. So he said certain things, and then he showed up to the game, Like I think it's interesting because a fight not gonna happen at the game.
Speaker 1: Lebron not gonna walk up and beat.
Speaker 2: The fuck out of Gates, or Gates ain't gonna jump up and beat the shit out of Lebron. This is internet shit, right, This is just some Internet shit, you know what I'm saying that.
Speaker 1: They just trying to keep it going.
Speaker 2: And even with Gates, I seen him playing the song when he responded to him.
Speaker 1: First thing he did was came in with the song playing.
Speaker 2: So they playing into this shit for the Internet, for the cloud, for the clicks as well. But I think that Gates is tutoring his inside, right, He's trying to tutor the inside of the house, and he's just using real world examples. Now that doesn't take away from the fact that academics had made allegations that Lebron James was doing tool Man's with Drake never responded, but Kevin gatese gets a response. I think Gates has to understand that, you know, a lot of people look at him for advice, for direction, and so there is.
Speaker 1: A level of responsibility that goes with that.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think that he said anything that should be tooking left field outside of again framing that dude's wife.
Speaker 1: Now, if you describe his wife as one thing, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I also want to say I'll applaud women too, man, because I've been in mostly all long term relationships, so I kind of know like in a long term relationship, it's a different pace.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You got to brace yourself in these long term relationships. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You gotta have these spurts of reinvention. You gotta fall back in love. You got to really anticipate that any moment you may fall out of love, depending on how much time you've been together, because you both for growing in real time and things are happening, you adopting things from each other that you may not like to see done to you, but that you do. That's the worst thing, right, You've been around, So you've been around someone so long that you that they adopt something that you do to them that you don't like done to you. And so these relationships. You really have to pay yourself, brace yourself.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I do think that men do crave that admiration from their wives and girlfriends and women in general. Like I, if I'm just kicking it with you, like I really crave admiration from you, like I crave the fact that you look at me and know what this is, like this, yeah, this earned, like this built, not bought all of the above, you know, So I look at it, and I say, there's no other feeling in the world that can replace that. You know, a woman appreciating you and just looking at you just want to tag it, looking at you and just want eat a nigga off the bone, you know what I'm saying. See some of y'all never even experience that. And that's why I know what Gate's talking about, because only certain men get to experience that when a woman is just completely submitted, she completely just man, I'm just I'm really with this nigga. I really fuck with this one right here, Like he got me like I'm wide open about this dude. He made me smile when he just look at me, like certain things you can tell, man that this woman is this woman.
Speaker 1: Truly adores you.
Speaker 2: And that feeling is irreplaceable, Like you know what I'm saying, And I think.
Speaker 1: That Gates is basically speaking to that feeling.
Speaker 2: So I don't want to skip past that and act like men don't crave that, if you ask me, men are craving that now more than ever, because we live in a culture now where women tend to want to be celebrated before they even want to be committed to.
Speaker 1: Right, you ain't even got to commit to me.
Speaker 2: As long as you make sure I'm turned up and you celebrate me, and motherfuckers think you selling breaking me online, You ain't even got to commit to me no more.
Speaker 1: See through everything is sped up with the internet.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I remember when you look back in history, a woman to be lucky in her lifetime, right to be truly celebrated on her wedding day and anniversaries moving forward and things like that, you would get one of these enormous, gigantic celebrations of love like what they just pour love on to you. This was a married thing, this was a one time and anniversaries and other special occasions. But Instagram has now provided a runway to where people are competing as to who's being celebrated the most because they think because what they're trying to say is my sex is so good, okay, And so they're competing about who's being celebrated the most. And also you have women who are competing and saying this puss it got me all lists ap on the risk, paddick on the other risk, big brothers outside, you did my pussy got this, you know what I'm saying. And so this is them flexing, not only the other women. Here's the interesting part. This is them telling the men that they puss it good. Now what if they got a simp on the other end? What a puss ain't really good? But he spenting this kind of money. You got niggas with money like me. That's saying, boy, that shit must be foul over. So it's campaigning. Yeah, it's campaigning. Let me say this too. What's funny is that from the outside, and this is what I'm saying, the universe is always perfect. You just gotta pay attention from the outside. Kevin Gates, if you ask his fans or you look at some of the narratives online, he has always been in a relationship where people have looked at it and said, yo, that's the ideal relationship. Dreker was the ideal woman. He should have stayed with Drinker, should have stayed alongside Drink. And I'm sure their family so they still ties. This family ties there.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I respect women that respect the foundation, right, even if you ain't with your baby mama, your baby daddy, your ex husband, your ex wife, you still respect the foundation right for the kid's sake, for the peace of it, all right, the environment you got to raise the children in should be a little bit better than one going against the other. So I definitely appreciate that. With that being said, while while the viewing public spent a lot of time celebrating Dreaker and how she treated Gates and how Gates appeared to embrace her in love on her, Gates ended up courtside of a game with Britney Renner speaking on Lebron James and Savannah James laying next to Britney Renner. So what it looks like on the outside is what it's not always what it is in the inside, right, Reality is not always perception. Right Again, the fan narrative would describe I'm sorry. Again, the fan narratives will frame the Dreaker and Gates' relationship is perfect, but they could never describe Drinka in gates relationship because you can only describe what you have information for. And that's what Kevin Gates feel sure that when trying to describe Savannah James, but he ended up framing her. And I also want to close out with this, seventy five eighty five percent of the league is looking for a woman with the characteristics that Savannah James possesses. Let me be clear, most of these NBA guys are in a scenario where they don't know who loves them, if it's love or what is love. Lebron James is with his high school sweetheart. They've had a family, right. So again, you gotta look at the entire race. You can't just look at this quarter. You can't just look at this mile. You can't just look at this stretch, right, you gotta look at the entire game. What is the cyst what is the points? What is the average?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: The law of averages kick in, right, So we got to respect Savannah James for what she's been able to do, as it pertains to have in a high level man in that situation.
Speaker 1: There's been no scandals.
Speaker 2: There's been no it's been no real public mishaps as it pertains to his personal relationship. I mean, things happen. People do have some of these, you know, hiccups. But I mean, this could have been a disaster for Lebron, right if he had a certain kind of woman. So I think the I think that a large amount of the league and I'm not speaking about looks in totality, right, we can leave that off the table because I'm almost certain that Gates wasn't talking about looks when he was speaking about this situation. He was talking about behavior, characteristics, attributes, right, And so again I would say that most of the players in the NBA is looking for their Savannah. James and Uh, you know, these two brothers I imagine to get on the call at some point. I'm not sure if Lebron can ever be close to him again, because his wife probably views this a certain way. I'm not sure if Gates understands that. Gates came back out and he said he responded to Lebron calling him a peasant, and he said, man, I'm way less than that. I'm a serve and see, and that's the thing about Gates he's smart. So it's rough to play with a nigga that's smart because when you say something like, nigga, you a peon.
Speaker 1: Now I'm way less than a peon. Nigga, I'm a serving to the almighty hot God. You know what I'm saying that day? Huh, Yeah, I got you. Ain't nothing.
Speaker 2: You can say I got you. Reverse on though, I got him, ain't nothing. He can say, it's over with, conversation dead. And then he said, yo, man, we just want the results. We want you to be celebrated. But again, I truly think that he's double down. He doubled down on it and standing on it. But I think that message is for Brittany Renner. You know, maybe before that, maybe before that cell phone cut on for that video, maybe she was arguing the other side. You know, well, no, maybe she's calm, Maybe she's always there, right because Britney Renner someone with a very check of past. But here's the contrast. If you're someone that is going by Brittany Renners past, you can assume a lot of things. One of the things you may can assume is that she would know how to please Gates because Gates is someone that has for lack of a better term, fell in love with this woman, right, so we could assume that she know how to please Gates. But when she's out, she's all covered up. She looked like she you know, like a like she looked like a Muslim woman. And that appearance doesn't necessarily represent the activities.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So again with Savannah, that appearance doesn't necessarily represent the activity. She may be rubbing his foot when he get off for four hours nigga after this game.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So there's other attributes to take in consideration. Again, I think, you know, I do think that there used to be an unspoken rule when speaking on a man's family. But I do understand that the fans have already been nibbling at this narrative, and Gates, in my opinion, was trying to speak to his new Wii, to his new marriage or relationship or whatever he had he has with Brittany Renald. That's my take on the Kevin Gates and Lebron James situation. Now before I get out of here too, It's like Gates came to the game, what is supposed to happen there dumb fans may think that he should.
Speaker 1: Have went over it like he did Stephen a smell. No, he shouldn't. He shouldn't have went over there.
Speaker 2: That's something I would have done, if I'm being honest, though, I would have probably came to the game too, just on something. I'm coming to the game. Ain't no beef. It's no issue, there's no real beef. I don't have no beef with you, my brother at all, you know. But I think speaking on a man wife, it can get slippery.