Speaker 1: Well, come in as Vertic with center, Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you. It's so nice to have you with us wherever you are listening to us, and don't forget hit that subscriber auto download button so you don't miss an episode. Plus, many of you are joining us on YouTube now and we'll say welcome. So if you're watching there on YouTube, you can nice to have you with us. And if you're listening on audio and you want to watch us on video as well, you can do that. Most of the episodes are now on YouTube. Grab it Verdict with Ted Cruz on YouTube channel as well. Senator, We've got quite a show to chat about today, including Gavin Newsom. He's a little cranky with us after our last episode. Apparently he didn't have a dictionary with him and he couldn't use AI apparently to figure out what we were talking about, and that's what made him so mad.
Speaker 2: Well, look, we need to have an intervention. Gavin Newsom is having a hysterical bout of crying anxiety because the last episode of Verdict criticized his imbecility and anti American leftism as he traveled to Europe to attack this country and to say things that are blatantly false. It does help that that that that even Twitter, which sometimes can be a fairly lefty forum, lit the poor guy on fire. I mean, it was so bad I almost felt sorry for his very pretty anti American leftist self. Uh, you know, look, I'm a I'm a lover, not a fighter. You know, Ben, you're sometimes really harsh. I'm all about the love.
Speaker 1: Twitter account for proof. Right, I there, there you go.
Speaker 2: We're also going to talk about comrade Mundami. But Comrade Mondami has been in office a little over a month, and shock of all shock, what is he doing? To start off with, He's proposing a massive tax increase on the citizens of New York that will result in rents going up. And and there is an irony in this and that he campaigned on saying he was gonna freeze rents, but then he discovered, Okay, it turns out you need money to run a city, particularly if you want to run a socialist city where you want to spend massive amounts of money. And so we're gonna break down what he's doing. We're also going to talk about the left in Minneapolis is spending real money trying to promote jury nullification. They don't want violent radical activists to assault law enforcement officers to be convicted. They're undermining our justice system. We're gonna explain. And finally, at the end, we're gonna say goodbye to an American movie classic, Robert Duval, an extraordinary actor. We're gonna have a few words about him. He passed this week. He was ninety five years old. He led an incredible life. But nonetheless, we're gonna say our farewells to a one of a kind actor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he really was. All right, if you have a dog, I've got a thirteen year old dog and a new puppy, and there's one thing I'm doing for both them. It is giving them rough greens on their food, which is really helping them live a quality and the best life that you can give your dog. Now, I've been telling you about my older dog and some of the symptoms that he was having, slowing down and itching and having bad breath, losing interest in playtime. That is just part of the aging process, but it doesn't have to be. And after just a few weeks of rough greens, we start to see a real difference. The stuff is truly amazing, and if you have a dog you love, you've got to try rough Greens for your dog for life. It not only supports long term health by providing live, bioavailable nutrients including essential vitamins, minerals, probiotics, and digestive enzymes, as well as omega oils. The ingredients work together to improve nutrition absorption and maintain joint and muscle health and enhance overall vitality and you can witness it happen over weeks. So if you love your dog and you are ready to get your dog back to the way maybe used to be and was more playful, then check out Roughcreens. It's so easy. You just put it on top of your traditional dogfood and that is it and dogs absolutely love it. Go to roughcreens dot com that's r u F F greens dot com. Use the promo code verdict and you're going to get a free Jumpstart Trial bag. All you got to do is add Roughcreens to your dog's food so you cover the shipping. That's it. Promo code verdict to claim you're free Jumpstart Trial bag at roughcreens dot com. That's r U F F g R E E n S dot com. Promo code verdict Senator, I pride myself in being able to read the room. And you, you reluctantly said, at the very end of the show we were going to talk about Robert Duvall's passing. I just am gonna do that right now, because you're such a movie buff guy, and you're and and this is I just I this is me, sir, you center knowing that this is top of mind for you. He and it's because of the movies that he was in. And let's just start with a godfather real quick.
Speaker 2: Look, Robert Devali lived to ninety five years old. He was an incredible actor. He's one of the greatest actors of his generation. He was in his first major movie movie role was in Too Kill a Mockingbird, where he played Bu Radley and and and he had no lines, but he just simply through his face he turned sort of a weird, freakish scary guy into someone deeply empathetic and and and and it was. It was an introduction to a career where he had classic roles. He had classic roles in in Lonesome Dove, where he was the most badass Texas ranger to have ever lived.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He had a classic role in Apocalypse. Now, look the frame I love the smell of napalm in the morning is an American classic. And for him to be squatting down, bare chested just explaining that. And the look of the young gi is looking at the guy going dude, what ye like? That conveys a lot. But of all of the roles, the one that that that is my favorite. And and and it's a sentimental it is from the Godfather. He was Tom Hagen. He was the lawyer to the Corleoni family, but he was an adopted brother. And and of course in the second movie he gets let go by Michael Corleoni because Michael says, you're not a wartime counculiary, You're a peacetime counculiary. And and and and the portrayal he plays of sort of the calm lawyer for the mob, lawyer for men's murderers. The lawyer comes in and says, you don't want to screw with the Corleone family. I gotta say, you know, it's interesting. In twenty eleven, Robert Duval was named an honorary Texas Ranger and it was his Lonesome Dove portrayal, but it is still he was not actually a Texan. He was from California and Virginia and Maryland. But but Texas loved him. Yeah, and he loved Texas. It was a mutual arrangement. I gotta say, I'm sad. Look at ninety five. You know, every one of us is on a journey where we're going to shuffle off this mortal coil. But his acting body of work is incredible, incredible. He was very close with Gene Hackman, another one of my favorite actors, and Dustin Hoffman, another incredible actor. They used to be roommates, they worked together. I gotta say, Gene Hackman, I could watch Gene Hackman reading the newspaper and riveted. I mean, and he was another actor in his nineties or just passed away. We're losing modern day legends. But but you know, Robert Duval a life well lived. And actually I'm gonna call an audible. I want to play. I want to play, and particularly for those of you watching this on YouTube, I want to play a clip from one of Robert Duval's great moments.
Speaker 1: Give a watch now, just for context, for everybody that's listening in the audio world only. This is a scene from back in two thousand and three second hand lions where two old guys walk into a bar with a bunch of young punks. Here it is, Hey, oh.
Speaker 3: Man, how's that barbecue? Give me something? We're busy and we'll get lost, all right? What did you say? Here's a perfect example of what I've been talking about.
Speaker 4: Since his boy was suckling on his mama's.
Speaker 3: Side, he's been given everything but discipline.
Speaker 4: And now his idea of couraging man who get together with a bunch of punk friends and ride around irritating folks to good nature to put a stole to it.
Speaker 3: Hey, who do you think you are? Huh?
Speaker 2: Just dumb kids?
Speaker 3: Don't kill him hugging a can.
Speaker 2: I fought in two wars and countless smaller ones on three continents.
Speaker 4: I led thousands of men into battle with everything, with horses and swords to artillery and tanks.
Speaker 3: I've seen the head waters.
Speaker 4: Of the Nile and tribes of the natives no white man I'd.
Speaker 3: Ever seen before.
Speaker 4: I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, kill them any man, and loved only one woman with a passion of flee like you could never begin to understand.
Speaker 3: That's who I am. So these o'facets. She's talking gut you not Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, boys, you're fixed and let those teenage hormones gets you into the world of trouble.
Speaker 3: And my guard that I asked you to in up. You just come out of hospital. Well there's there's only four of them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well look you foed this one first and no, no, like you fight the other three after.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, what is getting now? You you better pick that knife up, your son. You're gonna need all the help you can get. Alderstricken the book. Okay, hold it wrong, so not like this. You always get like this smooth right, try to come on, franky stop three better get in there and help.
Speaker 1: It's so good. I just by the way, if you're listening audio only, I wish two things. We haven't watched that clip. You need to watch that clip.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've got Robert Duvall as an old dude. You've got Michael Kane and as his buddy, and then you've got Haley Joel Osmond as the young kid watching this old dude beat the living crap out of these four punks. And and and it's you know, I love Michael Kane comes back with a shotgun and it's like, all right, let me stop you because I got four guys with a knife. Drop your knives. They dropped their knives and and Robert Deaval is like, come on, let me let me fight him. And he's like, okay, fight the first one. You pick your knife up. The other three stay back, and then once you beat him up, you can beat the other three.
Speaker 4: Like it.
Speaker 2: It's classic old like badass and and and that that that is Robert Duvall.
Speaker 1: By the way, did you ever see Gone in sixty Seconds? Devall was in the Amazing He was I think it was Auto was his name in the movie. If you've never watched that one, Like, it's not it's just I grew up and he was younger and like fast cars and stealing cars and Nicholas Cage and Deval. He was unbelievable in that one as well. So grab it. Yeah, so there you go. All right, I'm glad we did it. I'm going to call the autobo hill, right, I knew you.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second, now, hold on, if you're gonna do this that there's another clip we get to watch, which which is from from Lonesome Dove Augustus McCrae walking in this old weather Texas ranger walking into a bar, and let's say there's a punk ass bartender back to you. There's a lot of similarity between these two scenes. But but, but it's part of why I love Duval. He got better as an old guy. So so listen to listen and watch this great clip from Lonesome Dove.
Speaker 1: What I like about the man he's a philosopher.
Speaker 3: I heard him giving you somebody to talk to.
Speaker 1: I'll pring the rest of us might well get a little work now.
Speaker 4: I like a shot of whiskey, and so would my companion.
Speaker 3: It ain't too much trouble. Haddey boy, you got a good game going there?
Speaker 1: You got muddy years or what ry?
Speaker 3: Or will it be? Old timer?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Will do provided to get you here?
Speaker 4: Qui durn cowboys hot to broom yourselves off where you walk in here?
Speaker 3: You know all I'm saying, we need you without the customers bringing it in. That'll be a dollar.
Speaker 4: Besides the whiskey I think will require a little respect. I'm Captain Augustus mccrane. This is Captain woodro f call. If you care to turn around, you can see how we look when we was younger. And the people around here wanted to make a senators. Now. The thing we didn't put up with then was dabbling service And as you can see, we still don't put up with it.
Speaker 1: By the way, in that scene, that's Tommy Lee Jones who says nothing at all, which is pretty funny, but you can tell in his facial expressions he's having the time of his life making this movie with Oh, no, no, and.
Speaker 2: And and they wanted Duval to play the role that Timmy Lee Jones played, and and have all said no. Augustus McCrae was the only role he played. Wouldn't do the movie if he didn't get get or the It was actually a television series, a four part series. But uh, you know it it Uh. He was just an all time classic years well if by the by the way, Duval insisted, do you know he's not having a funeral.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 2: He said, don't have a ceremony for me. Just just go and watch a good movie, tell a good story, sit around with friends and loved ones. I mean, I mean, that really is Duvall. I wish I never got a chance to meet you ever.
Speaker 1: Did you ever meet him?
Speaker 2: He was a conservative. I heard fabulous things. I knew people who knew him. I wanted to meet him, but we just never crossed paths. But but, but my heart is beating for an American legend who left us.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the politics now, and and we'll start with uh, yeah, you couldn't get any further from Duval with Gavin Newsom. Gavin Newso trash center.
Speaker 2: No hold on a second, Gavin Newsom, he is the young punk in the bar.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: And by the way, you and I get to be I think in this story Robert Duval and Tommy Lee Jones. Yes, although there is one thing that's stretching that, which is Tommy Lee Jones is silent in that scene. And Ben, you've never been silent in any scene.
Speaker 1: No, that's also very true. That's very That's why they pay me the big bucks. Right, That's that's why they pay me the big bucks.
Speaker 2: You know, like the old time lawyers.
Speaker 1: They pay you by the word. Yeah right, all right, So so let's send the stage for this story. You and I do a show. We talk about it. We're going to play part of that in a second. But I want to know when did you and who how fast did you find out after he tweeted at us getting all cranky, he got he got his under underwear in a wad. Is the is the way I described it. My phone, Actually, I started getting random texts from people and I'm like, what are you talking about? It was in a meeting. I'm like what They're like, Dude, Newsom's throwing shade and he's really upset with you guys, And I was like, well, that's what I would expect from a California Liberal to be honest with you. When did you find out?
Speaker 2: So our last podcast, we lit up AOC and Gretchen Whitmer and Gavin Newsom, all of whom went to Munich to the Munich Security Conference, and they all made fools of themselves. They're all trying to run for president, they're all trying to be impressive, and they all just like totally beclowned themselves, and AOC and Whitmer showed they know nothing about foreign policy or national security. Gavin Newsom did something different. He just decided to demonize law enforcement and he made a statement in particular, he said no president has ever before federalized the National Guard and that that's just laughably false. So I want to play the clip from what we said in the very last podcast, and this is the clip that's so triggered young Gavin.
Speaker 1: Listen's be very clear at center that is Gavin Newsom comparing American law enforcement to Nazis.
Speaker 2: Yep yep, which which, by the way, is what Obama was doing too. By the way, just like AOC and Whitmer, Newsom is apparently thoroughly historically illiterated. He said, We've never seen national guards federalized in the States. I guess his history book does not discuss the civil rights movement. He's never heard of a president named Dwight D. Eisenhower. He's never heard of sending the National Guard into Southern States. When Democrats who refused to desegregate schools resisted, Eisenhower sent the National Guard in The pattern is the same. In this instance you have Democrats who are saying we refuse to comply with federal immigration law. Then you had in the fifties and sixties you had democrats saying we refuse to comply with civil rights law. In both instances, it is lawless democrats attacking law enforcement. Gavin Newsom is proudly following the tradition of bull Connor, another Democrat politician.
Speaker 1: That's all that you really said? And then his response was a total freak out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Gavin on Twitter, he sent out a tweet and like all good Democrats when when caught being full of crap, he responds by attacking and screaming you cannot criticize me. And in particular what he said is Ted Cruz calling a dyslexic person illiterate is a new low, even for him. Now let's start out first of all, who the hell knew Gavin Newsom was dyslexic? I didn't know that, did you?
Speaker 1: Did you know that? And you know it's funny I'm dyslexic, but that doesn't mean you're stupid.
Speaker 2: By the way, By the way, I didn't know you were dyslexic either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I don't use as a crutch. But like, since Gavin's bringing up like it's some like you're like you went off the rails on him, Like how dare you do? Like I'm dyslexic doesn't mean you're dumb. It don't make you mean stupid statements because you're dyslexic, Like you can still be intelligent and be dyslexic. Buddy yea.
Speaker 2: So Gavin's descent the defense is is you're not allowed to criticize me because I have a disability. That is, if there's anything to embody the idiocy of today's Democrat party, that does it pretty well. So it's interesting. I sent two responses. The first response I sent was, I didn't say you couldn't read you clown with the emoji of the clown. I said you were quote historically illiterate because you apparently have no idea that Eisenhower federalized the National Guard to stop Democrat governors from defying federal law. Specifically, on September twenty third, nineteen fifty seven, President Eisenhower issued Executive Order one zero seven three zero federalizing the Arkansas National Guard and ordering US Army troops one hundred and first Airborne Division to Little Rock, Arkansas, YEP. This action broke the blockade by Democrat Governor Orville Fabas allowing the Little Rock nine to desegregate Central High School. Now Gavin had no response to that. Now I got it, tell you, let me bring a little bit inside the scenes. So my team had a different response that they suggested, and I have a whole social media communications teams, they had a different response. Their different response was to send out a tweet with a GIF and a gif.
Speaker 1: Of ani video just so everybody doesn't know what that is.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: Some people may not realize with that, it's like the many little video kind of thing you send out.
Speaker 2: So it's Ben Stiller, a Zoolander, and he's looking down at a sign that says the Gavin Newsom Center for what kids who don't know what historically illiterate means and who want to learn to do other stuff good too. So that my team put that together. I did not put that together. I saw that and I sent mine instead. And then my team got all upset and they're like, wait, you didn't like ours, And I said, you know what, Let's have a competition send that one to. Let's put them both out and see which one wins. Both out in the internet and and see which one wins. So as of we're now twelve twenty one, am uh, the the Ben Stiller gift, which was clever, has gotten three hundred and ninety seven thousand views. Okay, the one I wrote has gotten a million views?
Speaker 1: So how long are you going to haze them on this data that you have that's undisputed.
Speaker 2: Okay, so so, not not to brag too much, but I did beat the team by two d and fifty percent.
Speaker 1: Just for everyone, I want to take them behind the scenes when when senator, when you are correct and your team has these moments, I enjoy not being on that team. I enjoy being a spectator.
Speaker 3: But I do know.
Speaker 1: But hold on, hold on, I'm going to be gracious.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be gracious for a minute. Although I got two and a half times as much coverage as they did in terms of people watching it, I will say the comments on the gift, the folks that saw it loved it. So I'm just gonna go through a few. Joe Lonsdale, good friend of ours, big tech entrepreneur, has been on the podcast. He did the crying emoji. Another guy said, whoever came up with this memes needs a raise. Another guy said, sir, this is a ten for ten post. It's too bad news and won't be able to read it. Another person had a gift from the Simpsons. Hello nine one one, I'd like to report a murder.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 2: The volume of comments the x trolling continues. Good good picture of Trump toasting crying Trump Emoji's crews clearly.
Speaker 3: Won this round. Boa haa haa haaha.
Speaker 2: It's like this put you in my top five favorite politicians I'm really depressed to or the other four. Well done, good sir, well done spitting out. He went to school at the Leering Schools.
Speaker 1: So the team is going to it accolades for quality over quantity.
Speaker 2: That's so when I gave them that, actually their comments the people who saw it loved it. They're like, this is a friggin great comment. And and so you know what I said, I'm glad we sent them both. Yeah, we reached more people minehead kind of substance. I'm going to tell you another admission. You know how I wrote my my tweet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell you do? How No, No, I'm saying how tell me how I know you said? Yeah, oh yeah, no, I like, I know you wrote it, but I can I can all. What people don't understand about you is when you you can check out of any conversation if you have something clever that you want to get out in the into the world of the internet, as you described earlier, I call it ex social media. I'm just I'm just gonna hit you on age they're like putting it out into the internet. Yes, okay, Al Gore, he created it back in the day. But but when you when there's nothing scarier than watching TC at dinner, just quietly over there and disengaging from the conversation for about five minutes, and you know what's coming. It's gonna be something really entertaining on the Internet. I can promise you that.
Speaker 2: So my team had sent me this gift Monday night. I was playing hoops, and as you know, I play hoops twice a week, and so it was about three hours of hoops and I had after a couple of games, we lost one game and so I didn't hit my free throw. So I was sitting waiting for the next game, and so I typed this responding and it's actually a very cool thing about AI. So the first part of it that I sent, which is because you apparently have no idea that Eisenhower federalized the national Guard, stopped dem governor from defining federal I wrote that, Yeah, But then I went to Google and I typed in Eisenhower federalizing national Guard because like you know, I wanted a little more research, and Google AI. So the second paragraph of my tweet was written by Google AI, and so the paragraph specifically on September twenty third, nineteen fifty seven. So I didn't know the date until I went into Google AI. President Eisenhower issued Executive Order ten thirty. I didn't know the number of the ten seven thirty. Like the whole details of the second paragraph, the beauty of Google AI, it took me thirty seconds to pull those details.
Speaker 1: It took you missing your free throws, then giving you the opportunity, then give me the opportunity.
Speaker 2: If I hit my damn free throws.
Speaker 1: All right, punk this None of this would have ever happened. None of this would have ever happened if it wasn't for you sucking at free throw shooting that night. I just want to be clear about what rocked this opportunity to.
Speaker 2: Let me just say for the record, what happened the last time you played hoose with me?
Speaker 1: You or someone else decided to break my finger. It's still crooked if you can't see it right there, America, there it is. It is a crooked finger right there.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying you were a college Division one varsity athlete.
Speaker 1: And to be clear, Lonsdale would back me up on this. I taped it up and played like a man. You did.
Speaker 2: I agree you did not crawl up at a ball and whimper. But I'm just saying you like you know, you both sided hoopsman.
Speaker 1: And I still hit my shots. You guys don't play fair. You get older, you start grabbing for some of you can't see straight if it's out. That's how old guys play. That's how old guys play exactly exactly, so you miss your free throws A I came and save the day. You put out the tweet, Gavin shoots back, and that's how we got to where we are right now.
Speaker 2: But think about it, even like a year ago. To put together the details of that tweet, I would have a year ago probably if I wanted to have a little substance in the tweet, I might have said, you take your team involved to my team, said hey, research, give me the exact details. I know Eisenhower federalized the National Guard.
Speaker 1: Give me when, where and why right, and.
Speaker 2: Someone would have researched it. They would have sent it to me, and then I would have included it. And instead I just did it in between games. Like the whole thing took me maybe three minutes to type.
Speaker 1: So when did you so, when did you see the Newsom response? Was it after missing more free throws or was it later on?
Speaker 2: It was before the game, And to be honest, I only set one game. I missed free throws that and won most of the rest of the time and the couple of times I lost to hit my free throws, but I did once miss my damn free throws. But the beauty of it is it literally so I had seen it before I started playing, and I'm like, no, and I'm sorry of you know, I don't know about you, but like when I'm thinking about something, I often will sort of put it out of my mind and let.
Speaker 1: The back of my pard you go back and then you come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was sort of like literally, as I'm playing hoops, I'm chewing on what kind of response I want to have, and so then when I had a break, I'm like, all right, let me type it out.
Speaker 1: All right. I gotta ask you, is Gavin news some on your top five liberals that you would love one on one debate with?
Speaker 2: Oh, look, I don't know. We talked about in the last podcast how I think Newsom and AOC are probably the top two Democratic contenders for the presidential nomination. We'll see neither of them know what the hell they're talking about. So I feel confident we will we will see them called to account.
Speaker 1: Well, there's always the leering center of dyslexia. It could be in California. Gavin Newsom could be in charge of it. Well, you know, there's waste fraud to be out there.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Newsom's being a dufust has nothing to do with his being dyslexic. I didn't even know the guy was dyslexic.
Speaker 1: I've never just fitted as being a guy that's dyslexic until I saw his tweet and I'm like, dude, you don't you like this is so out about, Like you have no idea what you're talking about. Like, you can be dyslexic and be brilliant. It doesn't mean that you're incompetent.
Speaker 2: And you can know something about history like you know, Okay, fine, so you have a challenge reading because of a learning disorder doesn't mean you have to be ignorant of everything that has happened in American history. But when I ideology Trump's facts, that's when you say things like what Gavin Newsom did. By the way, it's also when you say things like AOC said, where she said, you know, she got mad at Marco Rubio for talking about all the things we've inherited from Europe, including cowboy tradition that came from Spain, and she said, why don't you try asking Mexico and Africa about that? I will tell you on Twitter. I had to find this was another thing.
Speaker 1: I said.
Speaker 2: I just said, hey, Groc, where did the Mexicans get their horses?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And of course Groc responded from well, from the Spanish conquistadors in the fifteenth century, Cortez. By the way, I pointed out, it's a little ironic her name is Cortes, and she doesn't actually know about Cortes, like the Spaniards bringing horses and bringing Look, yes, the Mexican fact vacaros were a predecessor to American cowboys, but the Spanish vacaroes were a predecessor to the Mexican vacrooes. But you know what, a little Marxist like AOC or Gavin Newsom, they don't want to acknowledge that Europe existed or did anything good, and so they have to because all is ideology, Europe must be evil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't fix stupid, sir, You just can't fix stupid. All right, this is one of my favorite shows. I enjoyed this. We gave you a curveball there and you got to do two things you love talking about. Don't forget, and we'll get to those other issues, I promise you in future shows. So don't worry about that. Don't forget. We do this show moneyways Ay Friday. Hit that subscriber auto download button wherever you get your podcasts. If you want to watch a show and you can see those clips that we were playing earlier, you can watch it on YouTube as well, and the Center and I will see you back here on Friday morning.